Author Topic: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!  (Read 201749 times)

Bebpo

They hate G-Reco so much when one of the support cast joins as a playable character...they give him a CCA sprite-rip grunt unit because they don't want to bother drawing a G-Reco grunt unit lol
And yeah, they troll every fucking backpack upgrade in the game. Bellri puts it on for a map story event, rams some enemy and then the backpack breaks and you never get to use it -_-

Can't believe I'm 20 maps in and G-Reco still just has the same 4 attacks he started with. Especially coming from a show with a million upgrades and attacks. AGE got better repping in BX.

At this point I'm down to two theories, one is someone at SRW really dislikes G-Reco, the other is that X was rushed and they didn't have time to animate G-Reco much so they decided to just get the basic units/attacks done and G-Reco will show up in the next licensed one with IBO where they will do it proper and animate the backpacks and attacks and support units. Idk!

Also I don't remember if I've mentioned, but this game has the worst OG unit I've ever seen in a SRW pre-upgrade. Almost all the attacks are pre-move attacks with crap range, the unit has shit movement, and the one post-move attack it has needs like 120+ morale to activate and only has a range of like 1-3. I bring the OG mech out every turn like always in SRW and half the turns it doesn't even get one kill. Usually the OG mech is the most powerful unit in the game bar GL/Yamato/Ideon-type units, but this one is totally shit and the guy/gal have the same attacks. Fingers crossed the upgrade will make it good with more post-move stuff and better ranged attacks.

Oh and Wataru is a weird super. It's really strong with a great movelist but it's like S size with <4000 HP at default so it can die in a couple hits without seishin. Tiny breakable suparobo! My team is mostly reals at this point with Wataru/Might Gaine/GL/Daitarn as my only supers and Wataru/Might Gaine can't tank. So it's pretty much just GL/Daitarn until I get some Mazinger Zero going.

My copy still hasn't shipped.

Oh well.

Eh, I'm still only like 20 stages in. You'll probably beat it before me :P
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 01:10:36 PM by Bebpo »

They hate G-Reco so much when one of the support cast joins as a playable character...they give him a CCA sprite-rip grunt unit because they don't want to bother drawing a G-Reco grunt unit lol
And yeah, they troll every fucking backpack upgrade in the game. Bellri puts it on for a map story event, rams some enemy and then the backpack breaks and you never get to use it -_-

Can't believe I'm 20 maps in and G-Reco still just has the same 4 attacks he started with. Especially coming from a show with a million upgrades and attacks. AGE got better repping in BX.

At this point I'm down to two theories, one is someone at SRW really dislikes G-Reco, the other is that X was rushed and they didn't have time to animate G-Reco much so they decided to just get the basic units/attacks done and G-Reco will show up in the next licensed one with IBO where they will do it proper and animate the backpacks and attacks and support units. Idk!

Damn. What was the point of adding G Reco?

My copy still hasn't shipped.

Oh well.

Eh, I'm still only like 20 stages in. You'll probably beat it before me :P
[/quote]

It took me around 6 months to beat SRWV. Guessing this will be the same.
野球

Bebpo

6 months isn't bad if you're playing other stuff + life. I'm only playing this since it came out + life and I get maybe 4-5 stages a week in.
At least these games are shorter. I was telling duckroll when I got it and saw the scenario chart that these are more like the handheld entries in length.

Z3-1 w/branches included is like 110 stages iirc, Z3-2 is like 120 so like 230 stages combined

V was ~70ish stages last year
X is like 62 including all branches

V/X length SRW games are a lot easier to handle since that's really only like 40-60 hour game vs. the 100 hour long ass SRWs.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:46:46 PM by Bebpo »

6 months isn't bad if you're playing other stuff + life. I'm only playing this since it came out + life and I get maybe 4-5 stages a week in.
At least these games are shorter. I was telling duckroll when I got it and saw the scenario chart that these are more like the handheld entries in length.

Z3-1 w/branches included is like 110 stages iirc, Z3-2 is like 120 so like 230 stages combined

V was ~70ish stages last year
X is like 62 including all branches

V/X length SRW games are a lot easier to handle since that's really only like 40-60 hour game vs. the 100 hour long ass SRWs.

I liked the size of V, good to hear X is pretty similar. I'd normally do like one stage a day, maybe two if I had the time.
野球

Is there a good mecha game where I can just be fucking awesome as shit and murder the fuck out of everything?

I just want to be a big mecha that shits lasers and murders everyone, preferably irl but a game will do

Robot Alchemic Drive on the PS2?
野球

Bebpo

Metal Wolf Chaos on Xbox?

Zone of Enders 2 on everything?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
You arent a big mecha but I really enjoyed Future Cop LAPD

fat

I cant believe a game so perfect for me exists

I cant believe a game so perfect for me exists

Too bad it's incredibly expensive and never released outside Japan. Such a travesty.

Is there an Xbox emulator? I don't pay much attention to that scene.
野球

Bebpo

Kinda random, but as I play SRW X and linking attacks to friends, I'm always getting lost in the youtube shuffle of watching animations from older entries.

Goddamn, Z2 was seriously the high point of SRW animations. The lower resolution of the sprites + series at its high selling point + high budget = most amazing animations. Now at 1080p sprites and sales/budget going down the toilet it's a lot more stiff for sure. I kinda feel like modern SRW animation is good, but closer to like Alpha Gaiden-era of animations. Nice sprites, some animation, but not fluid like PS2/PSP SRWs were.

Also I feel like there's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more variance in animation style these days where it's so obvious that they have different artists/animators handling different series. I kinda prefer the older style where everything was a lot more consistent in animation style.

Up to Scenario 10 in SRWX, interesting that they're doing Guren Lagann AFTER the series/movies.
野球

Bebpo

Up to Scenario 10 in SRWX, interesting that they're doing Guren Lagann AFTER the series/movies.

They aren't. It's after the first half/first movie. They haven't done the space stuff with the anti-spiral yet and all the upgrades. Pretty sure they're going to treat it like Z3-1 where the last 10-15 stages of the game are that.

They aren't. It's after the first half/first movie. They haven't done the space stuff with the anti-spiral yet and all the upgrades. Pretty sure they're going to treat it like Z3-1 where the last 10-15 stages of the game are that.

Oh, ok. The conversation between Viral and Simon made it seem like it was after the movies, but you've played further than me! Thanks for the clarification.

Also, F91 Seabook and Tobia from Crossbone Steel Seven should be fun.
野球

Bebpo

Yeah, I wish they could do GL without doing it that way because it kinda sucks that you only get to use the upgraded forms of GL for a couple maps each by cramming it all into the end. It also pretty much forces the games to make the anti-spirals the main enemies of the story since it's hard to have a bigger threat than that.

But I get why they're like "once you have a gattai'd moon size GL it's kinda hard to have minor battles on earth".

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Gideon Zhi released a translation for Super Robot Wars Gaiden - Elemental Lords

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=srwg
fat

As you all know, I love Gundam games.

I love bad Gundam games.

I know they're bad, but still find enjoyment in them.

New Gundam Breaker is worse than that. Holy shit Bandai what were you thinking.
野球

Bebpo

:'(

Good thing I still have SRWX to play. I'm on Scenario 40 and really enjoying it.
野球

Bebpo

Good thing I still have SRWX to play. I'm on Scenario 40 and really enjoying it.

Told you that you were going to beat it before me :P

I'm on 39 :P I also am enjoying it. I changed the BGM on Buddy Complex to the Coupling Mode BGM and G-Self Perfect to Flash of G and those BGMs are great. Everytime Coupling Mode BGM goes on it makes all the attacks really epic and Flash of G and Dunbine have that sexy sax going.

I am a little annoyed that they're waiting so long to do Gurren Lagann space arc meaning you only get to use the upgrade units for a few maps each before the next one. But I guess SRW will always struggle to fit GL's space arc in during everyone else's plot.

Bebpo

Powered through to stage 42 to get my GL upgrades going. Maybe I'll beat it first ;) Gonna be close!

Told you that you were going to beat it before me :P

I'm on 39 :P I also am enjoying it. I changed the BGM on Buddy Complex to the Coupling Mode BGM and G-Self Perfect to Flash of G and those BGMs are great. Everytime Coupling Mode BGM goes on it makes all the attacks really epic and Flash of G and Dunbine have that sexy sax going.

I am a little annoyed that they're waiting so long to do Gurren Lagann space arc meaning you only get to use the upgrade units for a few maps each before the next one. But I guess SRW will always struggle to fit GL's space arc in during everyone else's plot.

The Dunbine music is so damn good.

Did you get the Anime Song version?
野球

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Bebpo

Damn, that looks kinda legit King of the Monster vibes.

Bebpo

Mr. Gundam, how's your progress in X? I've got to 45 now in one of the routes, but I still need to do 41 or 42-44 in the other route since I do all routes when I play. I think this is the last branch so might actually finish this in a week or so...

If I didn't have a crazy social life
If I didn't have a crazy work life
If I didn't have stuff to do in FF14 all the time

I'd get through more games  :'(

Bebpo

Finished the Buddy Complex ending and uhhhh, that was kinda a cool twist at the end. I gotta check out the final ep of the anime to see if it plays out the same.

ending spoilers/map 44 buddy complex route spoilers
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did not expect to see the 18 year version of the antagonist come back, join the good guy's side and go FUCK YOU ME and kill his 90 year old self. That was kinda crazy time paradox stuff that's fun.
[close]

Between that, and having the best BGM in the game "Coupling Mode" and not having any annoying ass shit like Embryo in Cross Ange (I hate Embryo so much; without him Cross Ange would be tolerable in SRW, but he's such a shitty OP villain), I'm actually pretty ok with Buddy Complex in SRW outside some weak animation. It wasn't a particularly annoying series other than none of the characters getting the time loop early on when anyone with a brain would've figured it out.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:05:20 AM by Bebpo »

Mr. Gundam, how's your progress in X? I've got to 45 now in one of the routes, but I still need to do 41 or 42-44 in the other route since I do all routes when I play. I think this is the last branch so might actually finish this in a week or so...

I'm on Scenario 48. I'm not doing all the routes, just sticking with the Gundam stuff when given the choice.
野球

I've got two scenarios left. Good times.
野球

Bebpo

Finished 46 last night. Having not watched Dunbine, not really sure what the point of it here was. So like the main bad guy Short Weapon is in a bunch of lead up eps just kinda chilling with the bad guys, then Shou confronts him for a fight and he's like nah, now that all the bad guys are dead there's no point in fighting and then he basically gets killed off-screen. WAT.

Like he doesn't even get a mecha to animate, and on top of that, not having watched Dunbine, he doesn't seem particularly bad? Like he seemed pretty reasonable there at the end, more reasonable than a lot of opponents that end up joining the team. But then he gets killed/sealed like that. Was weird.

I also don't even get the Dunbine units in this game. For Shou you can either have his standard unit, which generally has pretty meh animation, especially the final beam attack which is zzzzzz, or you can put him in the white knight one that looks cool and has way better animations...but it only gets 3 attacks and is weaker than his standard mech because it never gets a final attack. Weird.

Anyhow, enjoying the game too. Just been real busy this week or I would've finished it. Next week is more clear on my schedule so probably beat it then.

I'm on Scenario 48. I'm not doing all the routes, just sticking with the Gundam stuff when given the choice.

Can't decide which route I liked better. The Super route focuses more on Wataru which since Wataru is the core plot of the entire game is good. Like if you did the Gundam route for the final split you missed Wataru getting the hero sword and hero shield and that's a big moment.

On the other hand, the Real robot route has some good Buddy Complex bits, like in the last split you get the finale to that. Would suck to miss the finale if you only did the Super route.

That's my problem with only doing one route in SRW, it's like you spend 50 hours watching the entire story of Buddy Complex play out only to not see the ending if you go the Super route. Just doesn't make any sense since these games are so long and you're following multiple plotlines. Whenever you only do one route you're missing parts of the other plotlines you've invested a lot of time into following.

Like I don't care about multiple routes for things like ending routes because you're not seeing alternate views of things happening at the same time with the other 1/2 of the taem, but rather completely alternate paths with the entire team. But the normal route splits throughout where half the team is off experiencing episodes from their shows, I gotta do them or I feel like I'm missing out.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:16:20 PM by Bebpo »

Shott Weapon doesn't pilot an Aura Battler, he's the genius (from Silicon Valley no less) who designs them.
野球

Ready to take on the final scenario.

Gurenn Lagann's ultimate attacks put a huge fucking smile on my face.
野球

I don’t remember the final boss in V being this cheap.

It can attack four times per round and has a map attack that can kill any unit even if it’s max’d out.
野球

Bebpo

So I'm on the final ending route now and I looked up the guide to see which choice is the true ending path to make sure I pick the right one. Then I checked the secrets page to see what I missed. I didn't use a guide at all this time around and I got like 90% of the secrets. I only missed 1 secret stage (Char), 1 optional recruit from Buddy Complex and unlocked the true ending route.

Pretty good, except then I read that Nightingale was locked behind the 1 secret stage I missed. FUCK. Very unhappy Nightingale was hidden boooo. Time to go youtube all attacks.

*edit* watched the attack vids, looks ok. While I like using Hi-Nu as a unit thanks to the map attack (and Nightingale's MAP attack seems just as good), gotta say it's kinda sad both units have kinda so-so static animation considering that Nu Gundam has the most gorgeous animation in the series. It's like you get to go to an uglier upgrade :X The final all-range attack with Nu's choreography is so fucking weird too. He beats up the unit and slashes it and then a space swan lands and he falls asleep and wakes up and flies away...what? Even for newtype stuff, that's pretty odd though I dunno what Hi Nu's canon story background is if there even is one.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:56:23 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

I don’t remember the final boss in V being this cheap.

It can attack four times per round and has a map attack that can kill any unit even if it’s max’d out.

I haven’t got there yet, but yeah SRW final bosses are crazy, especially OG. You basically need to cheap them or kamikaze them where you barrage them with all your strongest attacks in one round using all your SP. Hope as many units as possible survive the boss turn and then go again and hope you kill the next turn. Giving your most powerful attackers like GL assist attacks so they can attack like 4 times in a turn with their strongest attack helps.

It’s pretty weird how easy they’ve made the main games (even on hard with SR points) but the final bosses have still stayed crazy. It’s a very Japanese game design thing.

Bebpo

Was just planning on playing 2 stages tonight but ended up playing the last 4 stages straight through and beating it.

Eh, didn't think the boss was particularly bad. I was a little surprised because I thought the 2nd phase final boss was the last real boss so I went all out and killed it in 1 turn before it could attack. Then true final boss appeared and all my units were done with their turn lol. But yeah, SRW is so abusable these days, like if you stay outside the map attack range, throw everyone in TTGL you can just use those "dodge attack" support seishin x 4 and not take any damage, then next turn rush up and unload on the boss. Between abusing the ship's EX5 ability to revive units that have finished their turn and Awaken on Wataru/Amuro and MC's Dogma stuff to boost Ex count was able to beat the final phase boss in a single turn of attacking so it never got a chance to do the map attack.

Things I learned some SRW games ago are like putting support attack + support critical on all your best units. Like I had TTGL do it's strongest attack like 4-5 times in a turn as support attacks for others. The support attacks would only do like 10k damage, but 4-5 times is an additional 40-50k damage which helps. Also stacking single units in spaceship units for defense phase since then they can't be hit and you just gotta throw some defensive seishin on the spaceship and pop the individual units out the next round. Also using the support command that gives +50 SP to abuse SP abilities...etc...

Overall it was a solid SRW, V was better last year thanks to Yamato and fixed up FMP, but this was still solid and Wataru/Buddy Complex were both fun backbone shows. The MC story was ok too even if it was pretty thin and everything saved for the final map. Some good music in this one.

Things I mostly didn't like were all the cutting corners because budget. Like the true final boss doesn't even get a single unique attack animation? And the final boss attack was pretty weak animation-wise like Z3 style stills. Even the final attack for the MC is pretty lackluster visually. Gurren Lagann didn't get any new attacks/units, just some cut-in improvements, and Hi-Nu/Sazabi were kinda just ok. Oh and Mazinkaiser had worse/cheaper animations than Mazinger Zero last game :\ I still liked the unit but animation-wise almost everything in this game that was original (aka, not re-used animations from older games) was pretty static and low on actual animation count. Even Mazin Emperor G's new attack like a rocket pack hit and that's it and the combo attack with Kaiser and Emperor is ok but nothing really impressive like the big final Super Robot attacks in previous games. G Reco's packs missing and lack of animations (although nicely animated), bosses only getting 1 attack usually and it's usually pretty average animation, etc... Like again, it's a fun game but this felt pretty budget for a console SRW animation-frame-wise. I didn't feel that on V last year, so I think this had a smaller budget/more rushed development.

Still at least it wasn't straight out bad like Z3 and X was fine as popcorn entertainment. I think for people who don't read Japanese X is at least worth it for getting Gurren Lagann in English, although they really waited until the last minute to give the last couple forms. Otoh V is more worth it for english players because FMP novels/Eva Rebuild/etc...

Hopefully 2019's SRW game is 3rd OGs mostly because at this point I'm ready for some nice animations again in a console SRW and OG team's been pretty good at delivering on that front.

So I'm on the final ending route now and I looked up the guide to see which choice is the true ending path to make sure I pick the right one. Then I checked the secrets page to see what I missed. I didn't use a guide at all this time around and I got like 90% of the secrets. I only missed 1 secret stage (Char), 1 optio nal recruit from Buddy Complex and unlocked the true ending route.

Pretty good, except then I read that Nightingale was locked behind the 1 secret stage I missed. FUCK. Very unhappy Nightingale was hidden boooo. Time to go youtube all attacks.

*edit* watched the attack vids, looks ok. While I like using Hi-Nu as a unit thanks to the map attack (and Nightingale's MAP attack seems just as good), gotta say it's kinda sad both units have kinda so-so static animation considering that Nu Gundam has the most gorgeous animation in the series. It's like you get to go to an uglier upgrade :X The final all-range attack with Nu's choreography is so fucking weird too. He beats up the unit and slashes it and then a space swan lands and he falls asleep and wakes up and flies away...what? Even for newtype stuff, that's pretty odd though I dunno what Hi Nu's canon story background is if there even is one.

I got Nightengale, it’s been pretty cool.

And that Swan with Hi-Nu is Lalah’s spirit, thought that was super obvious.
野球

F2P mecha goodness with Border Break and Gundam Battle Operation 2 both hitting the Japanese Playstation Store in the past week.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
F2P mecha goodness with Border Break and Gundam Battle Operation 2 both hitting the Japanese Playstation Store in the past week.

How are they?

ど助平

How are they?

GBO2 reminds me a lot of the original which I enjoyed a lot. There’s more of a gacha feature to this one in regard to getting new mobile suits. They added space combat as well.

I only played Border Break once in the arcade, but the PS4 version is awesome. The controls
Have been optimized for a controller since the beta.  They added a basic single player/story mode, too.

They’re free, too. Doesn’t hurt to check them out.
野球

Bebpo

Oh, they added single player to Border Break? Hmmmmm, might pick it up next time in Japan or JPSN sale. Outside of Gundam Vs. it's hard for me to get into arena fighters since I don't play MP and they get old pretty fast.

Oh, they added single player to Border Break? Hmmmmm, might pick it up next time in Japan or JPSN sale. Outside of Gundam Vs. it's hard for me to get into arena fighters since I don't play MP and they get old pretty fast.

It's free. Just download it. The single player component is very barebones, too.

Doesn't appear to be anything like "energy units" that prevent you from playing online as much as you want. All the F2P stuff is based on unit customization.

There is a disc version being sold over there with some bonus stuff to justify a price. And I'll probably pick it up when I'm there in November just because.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 11:40:48 AM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Bebpo

V has Unicorn.

Otherwise G Generations if you want UC.

X has lots of Gundams but almost no Gundam story.

SRW V does Unicorn and parts of Crossbone and Hathaway's Flash to some extent. Also has units from CCA, Z and ZZ. I thought V was a great game.

SRW X does the G Reco storyline, but that's pretty much it. Little bit of the F91 plot. Units from Crossbone, Z, ZZ and CCA. Also Wing.

GGen on the PS4 lets you play through pretty much every UC storyline (anime, game, manga, etc).

I'd say get the PS4 GGen game, should be pretty cheap now. Then get V and if you like it grab X when it drops in price.
野球

There’s a copy of the PS4 version of Generation Genesis for just $40, and Amazon themselves have it available for $5- with same day delivery despite it being an HK import.

Will probably get it next week and post my impressions, but I’ll just stick with GBO2 to hold me over until then.

Make sure it’s the English version from Singapore/Taiwan. The HK version from what I heard is in Chinese.
野球

Bebpo

I do wanna say though that SRW and G Gen are completely different games.

SRW is a cool ass story-driven rpg series with badass 2d animations.

G Gen is a collect-a-thon, mecha-assembling rpg full of mini-scenarios that's story-light even slower paced than SRW in the maps. It's closer to a pokemon kinda collecting game and is mostly fun for getting all the gundams you like and making a team out of them and watching some so-so CG rendered animations.

imo G Gen is fun to play once, but I tried playing Genesis as my 2nd G Gen and dropped it after a while. The ultimate one that was on like Wii/PSP and had like every Gundam ever was fun and pretty much all I needed. Genesis' lack of any fun AU stuff kinda kills it for me.

Whereas I play every SRW from start to finish each year, enjoying the stories and all the different units and animations. I'd recommend SRW over G Gen any day, but if you just want a bunch of UC stuff, G Gen is much better. SRW still has tons of Gundams on your team, but lately it's not UC outside Unicorn (which isn't even in X).

I'd kinda recommend SRW V to anyone looking to try a SRW game since it's in English and imo has a better roster than X did.

Agreed. GGen games feel totally different from SRW.
野球

Re: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!
« Reply #1188 on: November 13, 2018, 06:12:56 PM »
Two-hour SRW livestream coming on Monday the 19th. Wonder what they'll announce?

Finally beat the final stage in X. I thought V was the better game but I still had a lot of fun with this one.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

kingv

Re: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!
« Reply #1190 on: November 19, 2018, 08:53:46 AM »
How does super robot wars play?

Is it sort of like fire emblem?

Bebpo

« Reply #1191 on: November 19, 2018, 11:42:58 AM »
That cast is so fucking budget sprite re-use I’m gonna pass even though it’s got G Gundam. Harlock is just the one ship unit, Bebop is a dumb addition for SRW, Rayearth looks kinda budget sprites. Same with Gun X Sword.

Where is OG3 wtf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1192 on: November 19, 2018, 11:50:44 AM »
How does super robot wars play?

Is it sort of like fire emblem?

Yeah, kind of.  I think you can put Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, and SRW (plus the Queen's Blade/Gate games from the PSP that are SRW with more boobs) in the same category.

Having not played any of these games yet, I'll pick up T on Switch if it gets localized.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1193 on: November 19, 2018, 12:10:23 PM »
The mobile game DD has a better cast list with IBO and Valvrave :(

kingv

« Reply #1194 on: November 19, 2018, 12:44:28 PM »
Yeah, I’d pick up anything that is handheld tactical (and good)

I feel like the two go together well and it’s a genre that does t get a ton of entries.

Bebpo

« Reply #1195 on: November 19, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »
SRW is like FE except not like FE. It's a tactics game but there's no real terrain or map and you can just walk straight into each other. It's almost more like chess in that way. You start with most of your moves locked out and the gameplay is more about building up your moves to unleash them on the enemies while tanking or dodging enemy attacks. There's also MP and lots of MP spells.

They're fun games, but they're also 75% visual novels that you play for the stories and fight animations. The gameplay is ok and some are better than others. They're also more fun portable, so Switch is nice. It's just too bad this lineup is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I mean I fucking love Cowboy Bebop, but that series does not belong in a SRW. Harlock is fine like Yamato and Nadia as just a big badass command ship, but Bebop tiny little planes lol. Only plus could be getting 1 good BGM out of it.

T looks like such a cash-in. Not one series with new animation in that trailer looks like it has the animation fluidity of Crossbone (V) or G-Reco (X) :(

And this just pushes back OG3 and the next real licensed SRW with IBO and all new-sprites another year back. /sigh

kingv

« Reply #1196 on: November 19, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »
That sounds sort of disappointing... but I’ll try one out if localized.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1197 on: November 20, 2018, 07:56:28 PM »

T is getting localized for Asia.  Will probably import. 
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1198 on: November 20, 2018, 09:57:23 PM »
They're comfort gaming games.

SRW is at its best when epic awesome shit is happening and vocal songs start playing and it's like HOT BLOODED PASSIOOOOON as you re-enact the super robo punches as they're thrown in game.
It's at its worst when it's another wave of 20 of the same grunts you've fought on a dozen maps before and then you fight the boss bad guy and get his health down and he runs away for the 7th time in the game.

The games are literally about fighting the same bosses over and over and over again until the end game last 10 maps where you actually start killing the bad guys or they join you instead. Aka, it's anime

Back in the day SRW were challenging skill-based tactical rpgs that required tight pre-planning before missions, use/abuse of strong units, good planning in missions, and a good chunk of luck. They were and in still cases still are the epitome of SAVE/RELOAD scumming on hit % chances. But now the games are so jokingly easy you can just use whatever units/characters you want and steamroll everything lol Pick you favorite mecha, upgrade them to be invincible and fuck everything up, the end.

« Reply #1199 on: November 30, 2018, 12:38:26 PM »
I played Gundam Extreme Versus 2 the other week at a Club Sega in Akihabara. I let my daughter choose the mobile suit I used in the first game. She picked Full Armor Unicorn and I got absolutely wrecked as I couldn't figure out how to use it. Then I chose Crossbone Gundam X-1 since I'm comfortable with it in previous games and still got wrecked. Maybe I should have used the PS4 controller option instead of the stick. In any event, the game is slick as hell and there are a ton of available MS units to choose from.

SRW OG Moon Dwellers, SRW X and SRW V have all been localized in English on the PS4 for Southeast Asia previously. SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, too.
野球