Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3331254 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening
« Reply #35880 on: May 13, 2022, 05:05:14 PM »
Sounds like a toxic workplace, she dodged a bullet.
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #35881 on: May 13, 2022, 05:05:25 PM »
On one hand, she’s a fucking idiot. That’s the sort of shit you keep on the DL  :shh

On the other, are we really pretending that whatever “job” James is involved with is in any way demanding that you couldn’t actually get away with it?  :girlaff
Margs

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #35882 on: May 13, 2022, 05:08:00 PM »
Sounds like a toxic workplace, she dodged a bullet.

I will note that although I would have loved to include a bye bitch gif in the email, I did not.

HOWEVER, I deleted the customary "best," prior to the signature. Thats right, no closing. Thats how you know youve fucked up.
:O

james

« Reply #35883 on: May 13, 2022, 05:09:19 PM »
On one hand, she’s a fucking idiot. That’s the sort of shit you keep on the DL  :shh

On the other, are we really pretending that whatever “job” James is involved with is in any way demanding that you couldn’t actually get away with it?  :girlaff

"I hope to be working on both jobs full-day and on days I need to be in the office in NYC, I will let you know according to the task at hand in hopes to accommodate any deadlines or meetings that could clash. "

How do you keep this on the down-low?

Im going to notice if one day youre in your bedroom and the next day youre in a NYC office during my meeting

BIONIC

« Reply #35884 on: May 13, 2022, 05:14:01 PM »

Have you never watched a sitcom?  ::)
Margs

james

« Reply #35885 on: May 13, 2022, 05:14:35 PM »

Have you never watched a sitcom?  ::)

Yes, those shenanigans collapse in 22 minutes

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #35886 on: May 13, 2022, 05:17:14 PM »
the idea at r/overemployed seems to be that if you get caught at one job, you shrug and get fired, at least you got paid for a while and you still have second job, and can now pick up another

:idont
Uncle

james

« Reply #35887 on: May 13, 2022, 05:23:05 PM »
the idea at r/overemployed seems to be that if you get caught at one job, you shrug and get fired, at least you got paid for a while and you still have second job, and can now pick up another

:idont
Theres absolutely no issue if she had a classic side-gig. Want to bar-tend at nights? Great. Uber, doordash whatever? Have at it. Some independent job where you do design work on weekends? Do you kid.

But you can't hold two simultaneous 9-5 office jobs.

Is there like an opposite of r/antiwork where bosses can bitch about bad employees

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #35888 on: May 13, 2022, 05:35:12 PM »
r/AmItheAsshole/

james

« Reply #35889 on: May 13, 2022, 05:46:27 PM »
r/AmItheAsshole/
(I live in Asia and I work in an office with other expats and locals) I walk into the office one morning to see this woman (who we'll call, Tina) sitting at my desk, I go up to her and introduce myself, I smiled and was nice, we spoke for about two minutes until I told her that she's actually sitting at my desk, she then asks me if it's okay that she sits here because she likes The view from the window, at this point I laughed because I thought she was joking, but then I said no, she'll have to sit on the couch at reception until they tell her where she's going to be, she gets annoyed but does it anyway.

It's a small office and I consider everyone working here to be my friend, we have a good working dynamic and there's no office politics (this doesn't include management). I have a friend that works here (we'll call him Bob), now Bob is one of those people who are annoyingly friendly and he's genuine, he's one of those people that could make friends with a wall. Bob comes over and talks about how "strange" Tina is, apparently she already has demands on her first day and she feels as if though she's here to change the company for the better. If you can manage to annoy Bob, then you're The issue.

It's tradition to take the new person out for drinks especially if they're an expat because we know how it feels to be so far away from everyone and everything you're familiar with, but we try to make all New employees feel comfortable regardless if you're expat or local.

We go to the bar after work and then we all see how entitled Tina is, she expects The guys to buy her drinks and she's rude to the bartender and the bartender is our friend. During the night Tina finds out that I'm gay because Bob asks me where my boyfriend is. She comes and sits next to me and asks me if I'm really gay, I said yes, then she proceeds to tell me that I don't "act and look gay" and then tells me how she has so many gay best friends back in New York and she can't wait for her and I to go shopping and get our nails done, I then tell her that I don't like shopping or getting my nails done. (What happens next is the most fucked up thing) Tina then stood up, squat a little then proceeds to basically dry hump my knee, in the bar in front of my friends, asking me if I like it and I'm sure I'm gay, one of my female friends pull her back and asks what she's doing, Tina then says she's just joking around. At this point it's obvious that nobody likes her but for some reason she didn't seem to pick up on that fact, she keeps acting like she's the universes gift to humanity...

The Next day I go into the office the office, speak to my regional manager (RM) and Tell her that Tina wouldn't be a good fit and that nobody in the office likes her (The regional manager and I are friends), I asked the RM to talk to the other employees and find out what they think before making a decision to keep Tina here full-time.

Before lunch, Tina was let go

Now I feel kinda bad, AITA?

:mynicca :lawd

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #35890 on: May 13, 2022, 07:27:29 PM »
She responded that shes willing to drop the other job to work for us.

Sorry kid, you're done.
LOL, what a fucking idiot.

"Oh, I was going to blatantly do another job on company time and tell you about it, but now I am willing to not do the other job *wink, wink* and only do your job."

:iface

These fucking kids are going to just fall to pieces when the next economic contraction hits and all their "side hustles" dry up and they realise they have not had a real job for their entire 20s.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #35891 on: May 13, 2022, 07:31:38 PM »
r/AmItheAsshole/
(I live in Asia and I work in an office with other expats and locals) I walk into the office one morning to see this woman (who we'll call, Tina) sitting at my desk, I go up to her and introduce myself, I smiled and was nice, we spoke for about two minutes until I told her that she's actually sitting at my desk, she then asks me if it's okay that she sits here because she likes The view from the window, at this point I laughed because I thought she was joking, but then I said no, she'll have to sit on the couch at reception until they tell her where she's going to be, she gets annoyed but does it anyway.

It's a small office and I consider everyone working here to be my friend, we have a good working dynamic and there's no office politics (this doesn't include management). I have a friend that works here (we'll call him Bob), now Bob is one of those people who are annoyingly friendly and he's genuine, he's one of those people that could make friends with a wall. Bob comes over and talks about how "strange" Tina is, apparently she already has demands on her first day and she feels as if though she's here to change the company for the better. If you can manage to annoy Bob, then you're The issue.

It's tradition to take the new person out for drinks especially if they're an expat because we know how it feels to be so far away from everyone and everything you're familiar with, but we try to make all New employees feel comfortable regardless if you're expat or local.

We go to the bar after work and then we all see how entitled Tina is, she expects The guys to buy her drinks and she's rude to the bartender and the bartender is our friend. During the night Tina finds out that I'm gay because Bob asks me where my boyfriend is. She comes and sits next to me and asks me if I'm really gay, I said yes, then she proceeds to tell me that I don't "act and look gay" and then tells me how she has so many gay best friends back in New York and she can't wait for her and I to go shopping and get our nails done, I then tell her that I don't like shopping or getting my nails done. (What happens next is the most fucked up thing) Tina then stood up, squat a little then proceeds to basically dry hump my knee, in the bar in front of my friends, asking me if I like it and I'm sure I'm gay, one of my female friends pull her back and asks what she's doing, Tina then says she's just joking around. At this point it's obvious that nobody likes her but for some reason she didn't seem to pick up on that fact, she keeps acting like she's the universes gift to humanity...

The Next day I go into the office the office, speak to my regional manager (RM) and Tell her that Tina wouldn't be a good fit and that nobody in the office likes her (The regional manager and I are friends), I asked the RM to talk to the other employees and find out what they think before making a decision to keep Tina here full-time.

Before lunch, Tina was let go

Now I feel kinda bad, AITA?

:mynicca :lawd

r/thathappened
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #35892 on: May 13, 2022, 07:45:15 PM »
Women like that make me regret choosing to be straight.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #35893 on: May 13, 2022, 09:24:25 PM »
Women like that make me regret choosing to be straight.

It’s never too late to be the real you.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #35894 on: May 14, 2022, 08:56:35 AM »
Was on the bus yesterday and there were 2 junkies arguing constantly in that horrible drawl they all seem to have. Anyways I tuned them out until I heard the girl junkie's voice starting to rise in panic. She was saying I need tae get up, let me out. Then she was shouting so I had a look round and saw her trying to stand up but she was that out her face she'd gotten stuck in her seat.

The pig let out a massive fart and shit herself. It was funny as fuck but also totally disgusting. The driver slammed on the brakes. Ran up the aisle, and dragged her off the bus. I genuinely thought he was going to give her a kicking. He was doing the fist flexing thing while he was calling her everything under the sun. I started to feel sorry for her. She was standing there covered in shit, taking dog's abuse in front of an angry mob. That's a rough time. Luckily the cops turned up and dragged her off before it escalated any further. Next time though I'm taking the train.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #35895 on: May 17, 2022, 09:21:35 AM »
my SO would rather watch a sports game than go to the movies on date night. = (

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #35896 on: May 18, 2022, 11:27:27 PM »
You gotta admire her honesty and loyalty though.

Unrelated, I still hold in high regard my ex who let me know she could handle two boyfriends at once when we were dating.  I'm hosting their baby shower next week.

I frequently think of the relationship to any job as similar to a job with a girlfriend. Not marriage, that’s different. When I read about this woman trying to work for two full time jobs at a time, having two boyfriends was the first place my brain went. I was happy to see your post.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #35897 on: May 22, 2022, 01:50:14 PM »
Dublin is pretty cool.

james

« Reply #35898 on: May 23, 2022, 01:18:28 PM »
Just had the worst experience of my life.

I'm at a location where there's a bathroom with one stall.

I need to poo.

I have to wait 5 minutes for a guy and two people line up behind me.

Finally my turn. Massive dump. Multiple well formed logs.

Wipe, wipe. Wipe. They came out wet.

Flush. It doesn't go away. Start to panic.

Wait for the toilet to fill and flush again. Doesn't go away.

I know at least 2 are waiting. Maybe more.

Wait for it to fill again. Flush. Didn't go.

Fuck. I go wash my hands. Decide to take one last look. Water is gone but the turds and paper still there. One last flush and they're on their way.

Finally

Rush out with 4 guys looking annoyed.

If only they knew.

Thank God my mask is on they won't recognize me later

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #35899 on: May 23, 2022, 01:21:46 PM »
next time shake hands with them
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35900 on: May 23, 2022, 01:23:37 PM »
Should've made it an Avengers moment and opened the door.

"Come on guys, let's all work together and piss this turd down!!"  :rodney

🤴

james

« Reply #35901 on: May 24, 2022, 01:30:37 PM »
When you see family for the first time since 2019 and all anyone wants to talk about is the weight youve gained

:fbm

BIONIC

« Reply #35902 on: May 24, 2022, 01:36:23 PM »
Tell them that you’re now eligible to be a dead message board admin and they’ll be real proud of you.
Margs

james

« Reply #35903 on: May 31, 2022, 06:03:53 PM »
Possible tornado destroys half of Minnesota city: "I've never seen nothing like this"

Possible aliens as well?

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #35905 on: June 08, 2022, 11:19:03 PM »
My parents had a small branch fall out of a tree and go boom during the night:

Missed literally everything in the yard somehow.

Bebpo

« Reply #35906 on: June 14, 2022, 09:41:27 PM »
So my computer on a M2SSD (3-4 year old custom build) takes like 1-2 minutes to boot Windows 11 these days. Over the years I've messed with startup so almost no apps start and it's pretty clean. I googled how long it should take and it's supposed to be like 20 seconds, so something is super fucked.

One of these days I should do a clean install.

Honestly if parts get easier to obtain, the next time GPUs come out (4xxx series) I should just build a new computer at this point.

james

« Reply #35907 on: June 14, 2022, 09:56:11 PM »
Windows 11  :esports :esports :esports :goty2

Bebpo

« Reply #35908 on: June 14, 2022, 11:59:13 PM »
Also not sure if I'm measuring boot time correctly.

It's like 60-90 seconds to get to the Windows splash screen where you type in your password. From there it boots into Windows real quick. When I built the computer it would hit the windows splash screen in like a couple of seconds. Not sure what the cause of the lag is tbh.

archnemesis

« Reply #35909 on: June 15, 2022, 02:14:20 AM »
In Windows 10 you can check the boot up time by going to the task manager (ctrl + shift + esc), select the Startup tab, and you have it in the top right corner. For me it's 17.2 seconds.

It's probably there in Windows 11 as well. It seems like they've kept most of the old systems.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #35910 on: June 15, 2022, 02:22:55 AM »
Mine's very wrong, I know my last one was a little longer than normal because of a Windows update but it says the last startup time was 2.5 hours. :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #35911 on: June 15, 2022, 11:34:23 AM »
In Windows 10 you can check the boot up time by going to the task manager (ctrl + shift + esc), select the Startup tab, and you have it in the top right corner. For me it's 17.2 seconds.

It's probably there in Windows 11 as well. It seems like they've kept most of the old systems.

Says last Bios time was 8.1 seconds.

I have a feeling the 1-2 min delay at start up is something with the bios pre-Windows boot? No idea what that could be.

Bebpo

« Reply #35912 on: June 15, 2022, 11:39:24 AM »
Just ran a stopwatch test.

From cold boot, I hit power and my monitor is a completely black screen for 30 full seconds.
Then windows splash screen pops up, and then takes 10-15 seconds from there.

This seems variable because I know a lot of times it takes longer, but yeah there's a full 30 seconds even here at the start. Feels like I should look into my bios menu and see wtf it is doing. If it's trying to wake up all the HDDs or something that would cause a delay.

james

« Reply #35913 on: June 15, 2022, 11:39:41 AM »
Mine is 1.6 seconds

:lawd

BIONIC

« Reply #35914 on: June 15, 2022, 02:14:25 PM »
Mine is 1.6 seconds

:lawd

I’d see a doctor for that
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #35915 on: June 15, 2022, 02:17:28 PM »
Mine's very wrong, I know my last one was a little longer than normal because of a Windows update but it says the last startup time was 2.5 hours. :lol

Benji out there running Windows on this

:mjcry

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35916 on: June 17, 2022, 04:20:00 PM »
My Galaxy S10 is sort of dying.
After looking at the models the flagships (S22/S22 Ultra) didn't seem that interesting for the premium price so I saved some money and opted for the S21 FE instead.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #35917 on: June 17, 2022, 04:27:07 PM »
the Fuccboi Edition :tocry
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35918 on: June 17, 2022, 04:35:19 PM »
I like to think it stands for Fire Emblem  :yeshrug
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #35919 on: June 17, 2022, 04:45:58 PM »
Samsung phones...

:donot
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35920 on: June 18, 2022, 09:10:42 AM »
Doctor: "Ok Nintex, I believe we figured out what the infection is (*some latin las plagas name*) and we need to try some other anti-biotics and up the dosage to hopefully get better and more lasting results but there's a catch..."

Nintex: "Ok, what's the catch"

Doctor: "I'm sorry but to prevent side effects I'm afraid you'll mostly have to evade the sun and other UV light sources as much as possible for the coming 8 weeks. You can still go outside but no sunbathing and it's better to stay in the shadows.
If you can't manage we could postpone the treatment until after the summer but I would advice we move quickly"

Nintex: "So I basically have to stay indoors for the coming 8 weeks as much as possible on doctors orders?"

Doctor: "That's my advice yes. We realize this is very hard on our patients so we've compiled a list of indoor activities that I can share with you if you want"

Nintex: "Does your list include Xbox GamePass and the SteamDeck?" :trumps
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #35921 on: June 18, 2022, 03:21:49 PM »
Delay until November and then you can watch the World Cup
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #35922 on: June 18, 2022, 05:23:36 PM »
I’ve pity subbed to a fat, balding, middle aged asian guy who does Just Dance streams on Twitch. After 2 dances he gets all sweaty and his comb over goes to shit. Of course there’s a Mario poster on his wall

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35923 on: June 18, 2022, 06:44:43 PM »
Delay until November and then you can watch the World Cup
Too late I've already started with the pills, thankfully I can still drink during this white boi summer though.  :playa
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #35924 on: June 18, 2022, 07:48:48 PM »
I’ve pity subbed to a fat, balding, middle aged asian guy who does Just Dance streams on Twitch. After 2 dances he gets all sweaty and his comb over goes to shit. Of course there’s a Mario poster on his wall

Kinda cruel to demi to not post his twitch handle.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35925 on: June 18, 2022, 08:03:45 PM »
Read the labels on the new stuff.
Guess what it includes

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ivermectine :info :rogan
[close]
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #35926 on: June 19, 2022, 01:05:52 AM »
Read the labels on the new stuff.
Guess what it includes

Ivermectine :info :rogan
[close]
Congrats on the horse cock
Spud

Bebpo

« Reply #35927 on: June 19, 2022, 09:00:19 PM »
I built a stupid cat shitting house and it literally was harder to assemble and worse on my back than my sim-driving rig. I hate assembling furniture so much. Just wish stuff came pre-assembled damnit.

I now have litterboxes and a water fountain and cat food dining area. I haven't had a pet in like 7-8 years, but my last few gfs have all had cats so I just hung out with them and it was all good. But gonna get a kitten or two soon. Just wanted to get all set up first so I was ready to go once I found them.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #35928 on: June 19, 2022, 09:13:16 PM »
In the meantime, you built yourself an emergency toilet.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #35929 on: June 24, 2022, 05:22:43 AM »
I was on a bus when some rough looking twat got on and started blasting shitty music out of his phone while staring people out. After a couple of minutes of this an older, rougher looking dude went over to him, picked up his phone and smashed it. Then he just stood there staring the twat out before going back to his seat. Never said a word. It was awesome

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #35930 on: June 24, 2022, 05:31:37 AM »
just deactivated my facebook.

my ex who is happily married is gonna be so mad that she can't see my cooks for singles posts from now on.

right?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #35931 on: June 24, 2022, 05:39:58 AM »
I was on a bus when some rough looking twat got on and started blasting shitty music out of his phone while staring people out. After a couple of minutes of this an older, rougher looking dude went over to him, picked up his phone and smashed it. Then he just stood there staring the twat out before going back to his seat. Never said a word. It was awesome
I would pay good money to watch that
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #35932 on: June 24, 2022, 06:43:56 AM »
I was thinking I should get the bus more often. You can't buy that kind of entertainment

james

« Reply #35933 on: June 24, 2022, 04:06:10 PM »

my ex who is happily married is gonna be so mad that she can't see my cooks for singles posts from now on.

right?

Not being able to stalk my exes sucks so you might be onto something

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #35934 on: June 24, 2022, 04:36:07 PM »

right?

Not being able to stalk my exes sucks so you might be onto something

I may or may not have sent a message before closing my account.

Bebpo

« Reply #35935 on: June 27, 2022, 09:02:18 PM »
Got a new laptop today for a 2nd work station. Windows 11 on it. I guess I've never upgraded from Windows 10 on my desktop?

Because the interface has a lot of stupid shit that hides the ball. Especially when you right click and half the options are missing. Really dislike the trend of just getting rid of useful things for simplicity.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #35936 on: June 27, 2022, 10:23:24 PM »
Got a new laptop today for a 2nd work station. Windows 11 on it. I guess I've never upgraded from Windows 10 on my desktop?

Because the interface has a lot of stupid shit that hides the ball. Especially when you right click and half the options are missing. Really dislike the trend of just getting rid of useful things for simplicity.

totally agree, makes me tear my hair out

or things like introducing more useless white space around everything, or making things take an extra click (not necessarily win 11 but in general)

today google finally forced me off the old hangouts app on my phone and into the shitty new one, I hate the extra click separating "chat" from "spaces" (groups)

do you know if they're moving forward with the garbage new iteration of windows utility apps, like, are they removing the old ones that actually worked?

my go-to example is the virgin printers & scanners vs. the chad devices and printers

there is enough material here to make an actual virgin vs. chad meme

"can only feebly choose open queue, manage, or remove device" vs. "has a full complement right click menu with everything you need"

"meekly asks can I add a printer or scanner which takes 10 useless seconds to try and fail to scan automatically" vs. "decisively adds a device with every option at your fingertips"
Uncle

james

« Reply #35937 on: June 27, 2022, 11:18:39 PM »
The devices and printer screen takes me back to windows 95

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #35938 on: June 28, 2022, 11:04:07 AM »

You can turn it off by:

ha, gotcha!
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #35939 on: June 28, 2022, 11:28:58 PM »
Got a Mechnical Keyboard for this setup.

Mostly got one out of curiousity because they are all the hype these days. Had to surf through a whole ton to just to find a non GAMERZ RGB FLASHING COLORS one. After using it for a day, I don't understand why this is popular?

It feels like I'm typing on a 1950s typewriter. Like I hate laptop keys that are super thin with no good physical feedback, but coming from like pack-in $20 keyboards and like $40-50 logitech wifi dongle keyboards my whole life (including on my main desktop), I do not get why this $160+ mechanical keyboard is so much better. Yeah the keys are raised up so it looks fancy and you press deeper, but idk, doesn't feel much different than my 1/2 depth normal keyboard on my desktop?

Also now I have two setups with 2 keyboards where a few buttons are in different places which is gonna fuck me up. Mostly Delete. My desktop one is sorta tenkey compact size but it has the full numbers on the right? Seems like they don't make keyboards this size anymore. So I got a full CLICKY one for my mechanical.

Like this is what I've been using for like 6-8 years on my main desktop?

$20
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-K360-Wireless-Desktop-Keyboard/dp/B007PJ4PN2

And this is what I just got for my new setup:
$170
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Mechanical-Illuminated-Performance-Bluetooth/dp/B09LJWWX4Y/

I don't need programmable keys or LEDs or anything. Just wanted a bluetooth keyboard that feels good to type with. It's solid and I don't dislike it. I just don't feel it's any better than my $20 keyboard after a day.