Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 343363 times)

Himu

Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Switch Up To Fire Emblem!
« Reply #2160 on: October 29, 2017, 10:00:54 PM »
DW9 looks bleh. I might just get Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate and replay that. :doge
IYKYK

FatRiker

« Reply #2161 on: October 29, 2017, 10:06:35 PM »
One Piece Warriors 3 is getting a Japanese Switch port, so I'm wondering how that game was?

Bebpo

« Reply #2162 on: October 29, 2017, 10:09:07 PM »
Quite good if you like One Piece and Musou. Best of the 3 for sure.

Bebpo

« Reply #2163 on: November 08, 2017, 10:48:54 PM »
Dosukebe/Lyte, PS+ JP had Basara 4 & Sanada free this month. Which is better? I think the last Basara I played was 3? Should I skip 4 and jump into Sanada or play 4 because its better?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2164 on: November 09, 2017, 10:56:51 AM »
My copy of Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate for Switch arrived this morning.

Surprisingly, the back of the box states that the DLC is included.  Booted it up and sure enough, a large number of DLC levels were available in free play.  The initial three starting characters also had several DLC costumes ready for use.  Not sure if it's all of them, since some had more than others.

The game basically looks like the PS3 version (expected) and seems to run well (tested undocked).  Assuming it's 30 FPS, since it's definitely not going at 60 FPS.  Pretty much what I expected on this end, I.E. blows the previous portable (PSP and Vita) versions out of the water and looks/runs well given the platform. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2165 on: November 09, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »
Dosukebe/Lyte, PS+ JP had Basara 4 & Sanada free this month. Which is better? I think the last Basara I played was 3? Should I skip 4 and jump into Sanada or play 4 because its better?

4 is much better and feels like a complete game.  Sanada is basically a story expansion pack for SB4 that they sold separately...it should have just been some DLC or something and felt unnecessary after SB4 Sumeragi got released.  You get a  few new characters but only play as the Sanadas and a little bit as Date.  You also play as Date and Yukimura as kids.  It's not bad or anything, but underwhelming compared to the insanity that is SB4.  I guess they made this to cash in whatever thing was up with Sanada around this time, because Koei also made their own Sanada game and there was a TV drama.

Is that SB4 or SB4 Sumeragi that's free, BTW?
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2166 on: November 09, 2017, 02:04:31 PM »
Sumeragi.

Thanks, will check out SB4 this weekend.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #2167 on: November 09, 2017, 10:17:11 PM »
Fire Emblem Warriors is pretty great, better than Hyrule Warriors.

Would like to see what Nintendo franchise they use for the third game in the series.

deepest throat

« Reply #2168 on: November 10, 2017, 12:07:03 AM »
Fire Emblem Warriors is pretty great, better than Hyrule Warriors.

Would like to see what Nintendo franchise they use for the third game in the series.
kid icarus is the only other franchise that i can think of that'd work well

Bebpo

« Reply #2169 on: November 10, 2017, 04:14:05 AM »

4 is much better and feels like a complete game.  Sanada is basically a story expansion pack for SB4 that they sold separately...it should have just been some DLC or something and felt unnecessary after SB4 Sumeragi got released.  You get a  few new characters but only play as the Sanadas and a little bit as Date.  You also play as Date and Yukimura as kids.  It's not bad or anything, but underwhelming compared to the insanity that is SB4.  I guess they made this to cash in whatever thing was up with Sanada around this time, because Koei also made their own Sanada game and there was a TV drama.

Is that SB4 or SB4 Sumeragi that's free, BTW?

Ok, so I tried SB4 Sumeragi and it was like a brick wall for someone who hasn't played SB in a decade. I had no idea wtf was going on gameplay-wise, the movelists seemed really limited at the start, I kept turning into a giant tank and some boring ass dude who makes money come out and the new cast all seemed pretty lame compared to the originals and great SB3 designs of Monkey dude and stuff. Really wasn't feeling it at all.

Then tried Sanada and for what it is, and skipping all the cutscenes/story, it was pretty fun. Graphics/art direction seemed a big step up, I liked the movelists of all the characters in the first few stages, and the stages seemed a bit more designed with different sections split by boss fights and character swapping. The Onymouji dude had a pretty cool movelist teleporting around with knives and Sanada felt a lot better than when I tried him at the start of SB4 Sumeragi earlier in the night. Maybe SB4 is just a game where you need to grind everyone up to unlock their moves to make them feel good, whereas Sanada starts with more stuff unlocked so feels better off the start. Dunno.

Probably not gonna play either, I think I'm getting out of musou. The repetition is getting old for me.

Bebpo

« Reply #2170 on: November 10, 2017, 04:49:42 PM »
Ok, so I went back to SB4 Sumeragi and tried to speed max Sanada to see how he feels compared to the Sanada game which I like how he feels there. After I got his R2 ougi unlocked it was closer, but yeah in the Sanada game he starts pretty close to maxed out SB4 Sumeragi moveset plus feels like he moves better. In general playing SB4 Sumeragi, the movement/combat controls feel pretty stiff and I feel like Sanada improves that a little? Like the L1 dodge is more standard dodge in Sanada instead of block and sorta dodge in SB4. Idk, just random thoughts.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2171 on: November 10, 2017, 04:59:34 PM »
Dunno who you used in SB4 to get that kind of impression initially.  The game play is going to be different depending on who you use.  It's different than how Koei does it and some characters can be very different than others, game play wise.  My favorite in SB4 is Naotora Ii, who is vastly different than the Koei take on her in both design and abilities.  She has different type of move enders you can do that make her feel almost like a full-fledged fighting game character.

The Sanada game plays the same -it's the same engine- but Yukimura himself did get changed up a bit.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2172 on: November 10, 2017, 05:28:21 PM »
The problem is the basic movesets are extremely limited. You get like 2-3 moves for the first few maps and the combat is extremely shallow. I don't remember SB2/3 being that bad off the bat.

The Sanada game definitely plays a little better, but a big part of that may be that far more moves are unlocked from the start for each character. Like in SB4 you don't even have your L1+triangle or R1 attack at the start and your triangle attack & directional + triangle attack is lvl.1. In the Sanada expansion you start with L1+triangle, R1 and your triangle attacks are boosted up. Like Yukimura's triangle attack without directional juggles upwards and if you hold it does a flaming kick dive down after. Lvl.20+ into SB4 Yukimura can only juggle upwards and doesn't have the flaming kick.

I don't really have the time to grind out levels for everyone just to get them to be fun to play, so the Sanada expansion where they are fun off the bat feels a lot better imo.

Himu

« Reply #2173 on: November 10, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »
The problem is the basic movesets are extremely limited. You get like 2-3 moves for the first few maps and the combat is extremely shallow. I don't remember SB2/3 being that bad off the bat.

I played SB3 and it was exactly like that and made me laugh at any person telling me Basara was betting than Musou. I think Basara is :trash because of it.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #2174 on: November 10, 2017, 08:05:19 PM »
In general I think the musou mechanic of a million characters with half a movelist and you play each of them to slowly get a full moveset is lame. Prefer where you have a mostly a full moveset but you get alternative selectable moves as you go like different musou attacks you can swap in.

Then again, the more musou I play the more I think for my personal tastes I need to enjoy the story/dialogue that's running throughout the maps because otherwise it's just beating up enemies with simple combat for a while which is boring. But if it's a fanservice crossover thing like the Gundam Vs, or One Piece Musou or Hyrule Warriors, it's fun seeing the characters interact with each other as the maps play out.

I have like zero interest in any of the Basara characters or Dynasty Warriors/SW characters anymore, so I just skip all the cutscenes and without the drama stuff going on, the games are kinda not for me though I don't think they're bad.

I would pick up Fire Emblem but I can't recognize a single FE characters despite playing like 3-4 of the games (but that was 10-15 years ago). Looking forward to the next musou based on something I actually am a fan of. Berserk should have been, but didn't turn out that great.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2175 on: November 10, 2017, 09:09:48 PM »

Yes, there's progression and character leveling...like in all those RPGs you like to play.  :doge

I don't really have the time to grind out levels for everyone just to get them to be fun to play, so the Sanada expansion where they are fun off the bat feels a lot better imo.

Did you even try using some of the other characters, like Naotora? 
 :cmonson

It doesn't take long at all to get more stuff, either.

Bizarro world here that you like the Sanada game better though.  That's not gonna be a popular opinion among SB fans, heh.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2176 on: November 10, 2017, 09:12:28 PM »

I played SB3 and it was exactly like that and made me laugh at any person telling me Basara was betting than Musou. I think Basara is :trash because of it.

Musou = More "serious" and more strategy-oriented
Basara = More comical/crazy and more like a traditional beat-em-up

Basara also tends to have characters that can greatly differ from each other in play style and an almost Mega Man-like gimmick going on on certain levels, where you have the boss character's personality influencing the stage design.

I bet if you tried SB4 and used Naotora, you'd really like her.  Really gives off a fighting game vibe.
:idont
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2177 on: November 10, 2017, 09:14:14 PM »

I would pick up Fire Emblem but I can't recognize a single FE characters despite playing like 3-4 of the games (but that was 10-15 years ago). Looking forward to the next musou based on something I actually am a fan of. Berserk should have been, but didn't turn out that great.

I don't know anything about Fire Emblem.  It doesn't matter...it's a great musou.  One of the best, easily.  I would say the same thing about Hyrule Warriors. 

I had a period of musou burnout for a while there, too- mainly because releases flat-out sucked or were mediocre and I got tired of it.  But they're back now. 
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2178 on: November 10, 2017, 09:23:28 PM »

Yes, there's progression and character leveling...like in all those RPGs you like to play.  :doge

Did you even try using some of the other characters, like Naotora? 
 :cmonson

It doesn't take long at all to get more stuff, either.

Sure, just tried the first stage as the new bad guy from SB4 who looks like Nobunaga-lite. Here is his movelist in stage 1:

Square combo
standing triangle = a single uppercut that you can't do much after and does little damage
direction + triangle = a forward dash strike, useful for gaining ground and single attack but not for combo-ing
hold square = walk slow and twirl sword, multi-hit but standing still

So basically the only actual combo he has for bosses/mini-bosses is square infinitely with occasional dash strikes. At the end of the stage after I already beat it I unlocked at lvl.10 shooting arrows into the sky that come down a bit away.

Was ok. Haven't found a good fun combo character right off the bat in SB4 Sumeragi

Bizarro world here that you like the Sanada game better though.  That's not gonna be a popular opinion among SB fans, heh.

To be honest, Sanada wins automatically for not having the fucking roulette spin wheel. I don't know if that's new for Sumeragi, and if it is maybe SB4 >> Sumeragi, but I really dislike in Sumeragi how like half the map I'm forced to play as either bomb dropping guy, giant mecha ship or silver samurai. Like I picked my character for a reason, I want to play as that character. But everytime I kill a final area general in a map the roulette wheel pops. It's a super annoying mechanic.

But at the end of the day, I'll defer to you when it comes to musou since you have way more experience. Sanada might not be great, but I think it's "newbie-friendly"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:29:17 PM by Bebpo »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2179 on: November 10, 2017, 09:44:03 PM »
You didn't try Naotora?  Bruh.
 :nope

There's some really fun characters to play as, but not everyone is going to gel with you.  I'm certainly a not a fan of some characters' play styles, even if I like their designs.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2180 on: November 10, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »

Musou = More "serious" and more strategy-oriented
Basara = More comical/crazy and more like a traditional beat-em-up

Basara also tends to have characters that can greatly differ from each other in play style and an almost Mega Man-like gimmick going on on certain levels, where you have the boss character's personality influencing the stage design.

I bet if you tried SB4 and used Naotora, you'd really like her.  Really gives off a fighting game vibe.

i like musou gameplay *because* of the strategy element.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #2181 on: November 10, 2017, 10:51:22 PM »
My ideal musou is Chaos Legion  :shh

I'm not even joking. CL is one of the only musou-like games that actually has weight to the attacks and feels like a character action game/legit beat-em-up.

Also if you played the USA Chaos Legion, keep in mind this youtube comment:

I wish i had the actual fucking version of this game from Japan and not the "lets up the difficulty and fuck your life over" version that came in the states. I could barely get past the third level with its unfair health differences and extra XP required to upgrade legions.

They totally fucked over some of the USA versions during that era. I remember Shin Onimusha (#4) which was actually good was another victim of that with 9999 damage sponge lifebars added to everything. Because USA = HARDCORE ONLY GAMERS is what Capcom thought during 2000-2005. Which is funny looking at the iphone gaming audience now  :lol

If I could make a perfect musou game it'd have:

-Character action combat with weight (I'm ok with a smaller cast if they have quality CA movesets and combo-ability)
-Ability to dash cancel out of stuff (this is one thing I really like about most koei musou games; when I'm doing a combo in Basara I hate how I can't dash out of it and instead need to use like a charge triangle move to gain distance between combos and keep the flow)
-Strategy element of koei's best musou games so there's the larger meta game; but maps not too damn big you gotta ride a horse everywhere. Would rather have fast running movement
-Decent boss/mini-boss fights like Hyrule Warriors
-An entertaining story

Now it might be nostalgia speaking but I feel like N3 Ninety-Nine Nights on Xbox came close to that outside the long stages with no checkpoints. I remember liking the combat in that.

Himu

« Reply #2182 on: November 11, 2017, 01:55:24 AM »
Bebpo no you remind me of going to gamestop with my teenage crush and he bought the game and I haven't talked to him in years now and fuck you :maf
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2183 on: November 11, 2017, 08:13:43 AM »
If WO3 Ultimate for the Switch comes out in the US, I will probably have to play it again.  That would make it the fourth time I played the game (PS3, Wii U, PS4, Switch).  WO3 is still my favorite Musou and for Ultimate, they added several more levels/chapters to the game.  IMO it's worth playing again if you just played vanilla WO3 a few years ago.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2184 on: November 11, 2017, 10:48:52 PM »
I think I'm gonna need to go boot up SB4 Sumeragi so I can get reacquainted with some things and recommend some characters.  Himu skipping such an awesome game is a shame, but oh well.  Beps...I dunno what to say man.  Especially after this:

My ideal musou is Chaos Legion  :shh

:nope :hhh :jeanluc :trigger :insane

I had the import, when it came out, and sold that crap off ASAP.  :yuck

Obviously we all have very different tastes here.  :lol

If WO3 Ultimate for the Switch comes out in the US, I will probably have to play it again.  That would make it the fourth time I played the game (PS3, Wii U, PS4, Switch).  WO3 is still my favorite Musou and for Ultimate, they added several more levels/chapters to the game.  IMO it's worth playing again if you just played vanilla WO3 a few years ago.

I have purchased this game a ridiculous number of times.  :lol  Got the vanilla version imported on PS3.  Got the American Xbox 360 version.  Then later on I sold that off when Ultimate came out in Japan and imported that for PS3 and Vita.  I think I may have had just a little bit left to do when the PS4 port hit and I got that just because.  And now I have the Switch version, lol.  I never did get WO Hyper on Wii U.  It's pretty unnecessary at this point but I may get it one day just for the hell of it too. 

Love the game and love the Orochi series in general.  It's my favorite overall from Koei.  I have Musou Orochi Z on PS3 still, which is a port of the first two games for PS3 with upgraded visuals and some extra content. 

Warriors All-Stars is really only similar in how it keeps the theme of characters from multiple series together, but it doesn't play the same, loses a lot of the strategy element, has a much smaller roster, and is just disappointing compared to the perfection that was Warriors Orochi 3.  It's still fun enough as a beat-em-up and for some of the characters, but it's not on the level of WO3.  If you ever want to try it, make sure to get the PC version since it has an awful framerate on PS4 (and is almost unplayable on Vita, which may be why they didn't bother localizing it) but on a good PC will run at a pretty solid 60 FPS.  I wish they'd port it to Switch now since it seems to be a good console for musou.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:53:19 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2185 on: November 12, 2017, 04:52:21 PM »
Still playing FE Warriors.  Got the second set of Anna's mementos in the story mode and beat all but the last couple stages on Lunatic.  Not that I thought it was hard, I just haven't got to them yet.

I finally decided to crack open history mode and got through the first map.  I completed one of the pictures so Anna's stage showed up and the difficulty was level 80 and Validar was at level 90 :lol  Rowan was at level 85 and Lianna was level 79.  The timer ran out but if I had 5 more minutes, I would have beat it.  I just need to keep playing through to level up the characters more.

I'll probably beat FE Warriors before playing Mario.  Still a great Musou game.  Not as good as WO3 Ultimate but still very good.
🍆🍆

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2186 on: November 13, 2017, 06:11:22 AM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/13/next-samurai-warriors-works-wont-release-sometime-september-2018/
This headline is a bit confusing since the article itself says 'sometime in 2019 at the earliest', but yeah. SW5 is coming, eventually.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2187 on: November 13, 2017, 07:25:38 AM »
Sure, they're gonna focus on putting out the beta test, aka Dynasty Warriors 9, before the real deal SW5 hits a year or so later.  :doge
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2188 on: November 18, 2017, 08:54:00 AM »
Still playing Fire Emblem Warriors.  Maxed out Rowan and Lianna.  Beat Story Mode on lunatic and am halfway through History Mode.  About 51 hours in.  I'm going to try to catass it today and be done with it until the DLC comes out.

Just want to finish the game out before moving onto Mario.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #2189 on: November 18, 2017, 09:42:06 AM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/13/next-samurai-warriors-works-wont-release-sometime-september-2018/
This headline is a bit confusing since the article itself says 'sometime in 2019 at the earliest', but yeah. SW5 is coming, eventually.

Hopefully it doesn't suck like 4. But knowing modern musou I'm sure it will.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2190 on: November 18, 2017, 10:34:11 AM »
Still playing Fire Emblem Warriors.  Maxed out Rowan and Lianna.  Beat Story Mode on lunatic and am halfway through History Mode.  About 51 hours in.  I'm going to try to catass it today and be done with it until the DLC comes out.

Just want to finish the game out before moving onto Mario.

I'm back on this now and it's so good.

Nice to see free content coming alongside the DLC stuff too.  1.2.0 patch added a few things.

Hopefully it doesn't suck like 4. But knowing modern musou I'm sure it will.

Well, since 4 is one of the best musous ever made, I guess if it "sucks" like that game did, it will be pretty awesome.
:ohyeah
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2191 on: November 18, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »
We will never agree about SW4 lol. SW is my fave musou series so I have high expectations for it and they ruined everything I like about SW. So we'll never see eye to eye on that game.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2192 on: November 18, 2017, 01:13:41 PM »
You also shit on Basara, so I dunno.  SB4 is so good...too bad you don't have PSN+ for Japan.  I certainly wouldn't recommend buying it to try it since you hated SB3 and all that.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2193 on: November 18, 2017, 01:35:21 PM »
SW4 felt more Basara than Musou. :yeshrug That's a problem because I don't play Musou for Basara and if people wanted Basara they can play that. SW was the hardest Musou series, and arguably the most strategic. Turned more in a hack and slash. Different strokes.
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2194 on: November 18, 2017, 02:59:10 PM »
Finally got Anna.  Uguu~~~
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2195 on: November 18, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »
SW4 felt more Basara than Musou. :yeshrug

Not at all.  Still had a strategy element and if you wanted more strategy...you have SW4 Empires and SW3 Chroniclrs.

ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2196 on: November 18, 2017, 07:28:36 PM »
Played a few more stages in Berserk Musou this morning (I play a stage or two every month for some mindless action), and after playing Basara last week, Berserk Musou actually feels...pretty good. Like the combat system is a bit too simplistic and the additional systems are lacking (only equipment which is very minor stats), and sure there aren't a lot of characters, so content-wise it's definitely not a huge game.

But the actual in-map smashing people feels pretty good for a musou. Like for once it actually feels like there's some weight to everything instead of everyone just being made out of paper. I also enjoy the frenzied bloodbath musou mode. Game moves pretty damn fast too, maps are good size and horse gets around the whole map in like 20-30 secs max.

Idk, it's too repetitive for me to keep playing it, plus I'm so tired of Golden Age Berserk (even though its good stuff) and just want to get past it and into the latter fantasy manga material. But don't think I'll delete it anytime soon and if they ever made an improved sequel (which they won't because it bombed) I think I'd jump in day 1.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2197 on: November 18, 2017, 09:10:59 PM »
Did you ever play Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate, Bebpo?  If not, delete that Berserk shit and get it on Switch (for all the included DLC) to experience greatness.
:rejoice
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2198 on: November 18, 2017, 09:57:29 PM »
Yeah, I like WO2U. Definitely my favorite of the DW/SW series.

Himu

« Reply #2199 on: November 18, 2017, 10:05:24 PM »
you mean 3U?
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #2200 on: November 18, 2017, 10:07:45 PM »
Idk, one of them! WO is pretty fun after the first one because it feels like the Marvel v Capcom of DW. A ton of characters with flashy moves and stuff.

Himu

« Reply #2201 on: November 18, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »
Idk, one of them!

:lol

Nice and honest
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2202 on: November 18, 2017, 11:36:50 PM »
Speaking of SW4, Spirit Of Sanada is $19.99 new on Amazon.  Bought...will try it for that price.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2203 on: November 22, 2017, 07:35:51 AM »
Two more history mode maps left.  Almost everyone is level 70 or higher with six characters reaching maximum level.  I decided to just hold onto all of the Master Seals so I got over a half dozen of them waiting to be used.  I want to see if the DLC characters are any good before using them elsewhere.  So I'd say I'm about 90% done with the game.  About 67 hours in.  Pretty good game.  I just need one more day to catass through the rest of it and I should be done.  Then I can move on to Mario.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2204 on: November 22, 2017, 07:49:33 AM »
Are you planning to get the DLC too?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2205 on: November 22, 2017, 09:41:16 AM »
Speaking of SW4, Spirit Of Sanada is $19.99 new on Amazon.  Bought...will try it for that price.

Got this yesterday.  I also threw in a used copy of Samurai Warriors 4, which I sold off when Samurai Warriors 4-II came out, to complete the SW4 set.  And they sent me...Samurai Warriors 4 Empires:lol
:dead

Not sure how you can botch that when the game says "EMPIRES" in large font across the case.   :doge
At least with Amazon it's no hassle.  Will drop it off in the UPS box down the street and ordered a new copy of SW4 to hopefully avoid confusion again.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2206 on: November 22, 2017, 07:01:12 PM »
Are you planning to get the DLC too?

I already bought the season pass.  I probably won't revisit it until all the DLC comes out.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2207 on: November 23, 2017, 11:02:43 PM »
I completed the history maps.  As I mentioned before, I wasn't going to spend hours farming dragon claws or manakete tails so I did not unlock all of the crests.  Oh well, you don't need to do that at all for this game.

Finished at over 79 hours.  I will revisit for the season DLC, of which the first pack is to be released next month with the last one released in March.  Some items to note:

- Some of the latter history map battles can be trickier.  There is a tendency to where the game will send waves of enemies to defeat the allied commander or the allied base.  Some of them are called Ruffians and if you don't defeat them within a minute they take over the base and the battle is over.  Sometimes the enemies will pop up in the base itself and if your ass isn't there defeating the soldier, monster, etc. within 30 seconds, the battle is lost.  So sometimes in some stages, you need to have someone there at all times and you can switch to play as that character to defeat them.  The AI alone will not do it, you will have to defeat them with a playable character in my experience.

- Some characters are just useless at any level.  Any mounted character or character using a stone fits here.  The former is clunky to use (Camilla is an exception...sometimes) and the latter is often too weak to do any real damage by themselves.  For the lulz, I had Tiki at level 80 and she was fuck worthless compared to Lyn at level 35.  I'm sure someone will correct me and insist that Tiki is actually the most powerful character in the game but it certainly did not feel that way to me.

- Despite clearing the history maps I got a lot of crest items that still had ??????????????? for them.  So I have no idea what those items are.  Maybe they are items you get if connections are strong enough between the characters.  Again, I was not about to spend even more time farming for items.  I'm sure an FAQ or a Youtube video has them somewhere.

- The team AI still impressed me.  Sending them to take out a fort or an officer is great.  In many Musou games, it's all up to you because your team AI will just stand around except for the occasional poke at a grunt.

I still consider WO3 to be my favorite Musou but FE Warriors might actually be my second favorite.  I definitely consider it an upper tier Musou title, which I think WO3, DW5, SW2-4, and this game falls into.  I'm glad to be done with the game for now but look forward to revisiting when the DLC gets released.

Now onto Mario!
🍆🍆

Trent Dole

« Reply #2208 on: November 24, 2017, 02:03:23 AM »
DW 9 Feb 8 in Nippon Feb 13th USSA/EU if that's not been mentioned before.
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #2209 on: December 01, 2017, 12:08:50 AM »
Tried out DQ Heroes II on PS4 since it was $25 over BF. Straight from the start the production values are pretty nice. You can tell these games get $$ budgeting. Would be cool if they made an FF one someday.

So from the page or two of impressions, it sure sounds like I should pick up Fire Emblem Warriors when it's discounted at some point. Does the US version have dual audio?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2210 on: December 21, 2017, 08:15:27 AM »
Fire Emblem DLC #1 is up.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2211 on: December 26, 2017, 08:34:54 AM »
Am full-on back into Fire Emblem now (stopped playing it when Mario came out) and am up to chapter 19 in the story mode.  Seems like I'm nearing the end?  Really, really enjoying the game and the strategy elements of commanding multiple characters and switching between them is always fun.  About the only problem I've had are some of the later stages being so chaotic that I couldn't get to Anna's shop or hit up a treasure chest before the end of the level.  Tons and tons of battles going on while retaining a good framerate!   Loving teaming up with another character and unleashing a crazy dual-musou attack.
:lawd

Also what is up with the roster?  I've unlocked a ton of characters but the game keeps defaulting to the same few playable ones every time.  I went with Lianna as the main character and in the later stages, every time the other playable characters are Lissa, Camilla, and Elise.  I assume if you pick Rowan you get three dudes with you?  On some levels you can change your main starting character, but I don't see a way to do it for everyone, not even in the History Mode.  Weird that you get all these characters and don't get a chance to make your own team.  I have yet to even use some of the characters that were unlocked early on.  :lol

EDIT: Oh snap, there's more characters to unlock History Mode too?  I see Celica, Lyn, and Anna listed.
:leon
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:46:46 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2212 on: December 26, 2017, 08:51:35 AM »

:crazy

That's...gonna take a while.  :lol
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2213 on: December 26, 2017, 09:06:41 AM »
I unlocked Anna and it’s a pain in the ass to do unless your characters are level 90 or over
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2214 on: December 26, 2017, 09:16:06 AM »
I got a (brand new!) copy of Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage last week for PS3.  I previously played through the Japanese version and always wanted the English version, which has added violence and some other minor tweaks.  There was also Hokuto Musou International that had this stuff, but I was never able to find a copy.  Loaded it up and checked out a level.  It has been like 6-7 years since I last played this and...holy shit, time has not been kind to this game.  That framerate.  :lol :dizzy 

Even though it's not very good, I also ordered a copy of Ken's Rage 2 on PS3.  It got a physical release in Europe and I wouldn't mind having it for collecting purposes.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2215 on: December 30, 2017, 11:09:26 PM »
Fire Emblem is $44 on Amazon, used some credit to get it for $11

http://amzn.to/2Enu95W
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #2216 on: December 31, 2017, 12:11:01 AM »
$44 is still a lot! Then again, Musou games don't drop much... ;_;

Trent Dole

« Reply #2217 on: December 31, 2017, 01:58:03 AM »
NOTHING published by Ninty drops much.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2218 on: December 31, 2017, 12:01:13 PM »
Did I mention anything about One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3 for Switch?  It's another great port just like Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate was, complete with all the DLC.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2219 on: January 11, 2018, 09:14:16 AM »

I'm buying Hyrule Warriors for a 3rd time.  :fbm