Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1278550 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT| After that, and THE END [#FuckGainax]
« Reply #9901 on: February 03, 2020, 04:04:58 PM »
what the hell is wrong with that bitch's upper lip :lol

It's her tooth.  Why?  Because Japan.

In Japan, yaeba (八重歯, lit. "eight fold tooth") are human teeth, especially upper canines, with an uncommonly fang-like appearance. In Japan it is perceived as a sign of youthfulness and natural beauty. In 2013 it had become a trend where teenage girls would undergo dental procedures to cap the upper canines.

:expert
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9902 on: February 03, 2020, 04:08:36 PM »

There is a vtuber under kadokawa anime.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #9903 on: February 03, 2020, 04:50:00 PM »
You guys see the Death Note one-shot?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9904 on: February 03, 2020, 04:56:06 PM »

In Japan, yaeba (八重歯, lit. "eight fold tooth") are human teeth, especially upper canines, with an uncommonly fang-like appearance. In Japan it is perceived as a sign of youthfulness and natural beauty. In 2013 it had become a trend where teenage girls would undergo dental procedures to cap the upper canines.

but the way its drawn makes it look like its part of the face, has the same color as skin... :doge

lazy devs animators

Lip fang is an accepted subgenre of the moe fang in modern scientific anime thought.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9905 on: February 03, 2020, 05:01:47 PM »

Yuru Camp :rejoice
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #9907 on: February 05, 2020, 05:22:14 AM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9908 on: February 05, 2020, 12:06:29 PM »
https://www.animemaru.com/funimation-stops-streaming-services-as-every-anime-falls-outside-companys-standards/

“Sources close to Funimation report that the incident with Interspecies Reviewers has led to an audit of the other shows streaming on the website. This audit includes a thorough screening process not previously used by Funimation, which involves reading each show’s plot synopsis on Livechart and searching the name of the show on Google.”

:rofl

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9910 on: February 05, 2020, 12:46:50 PM »
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/02/03/funimation-formally-confirms-paranoia-agent-license-with-streaming-and-home-video
Ahh I've wanted BDs of PA for ages. :rejoice

It's great that Satoshi Kon is finally getting his due on Blu-Ray. Within the past year we've gotten Perfect Blue and Millennium Actress releases and Tokyo Godfather and Paranoia Agent announcements.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9911 on: February 05, 2020, 01:12:14 PM »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9912 on: February 05, 2020, 01:19:21 PM »
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/02/03/funimation-formally-confirms-paranoia-agent-license-with-streaming-and-home-video
Ahh I've wanted BDs of PA for ages. :rejoice

It's great that Satoshi Kon is finally getting his due on Blu-Ray. Within the past year we've gotten Perfect Blue and Millennium Actress releases and Tokyo Godfather and Paranoia Agent announcements.

Satoshi Kon has done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice.
dog

« Reply #9913 on: February 05, 2020, 01:20:07 PM »
How did the Millennium Actress Blu-ray turn out? I need to order it still.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9915 on: February 12, 2020, 09:23:15 AM »
dog

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 12:19:12 PM by D3RANG3D »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9917 on: February 13, 2020, 09:28:39 PM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #9918 on: February 14, 2020, 05:06:34 PM »
could any new GiTS just not happen please

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9920 on: February 17, 2020, 09:45:02 AM »
The manga is cute. :uguu
©@©™

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9921 on: February 18, 2020, 07:49:07 AM »
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/02/18-1/no-boats-here-as-interspecies-reviewers-gets-pulled-from-sun-tv-in-kobe-nsfw

“About the cancellation of "Interspecies Reviewers" on TOKYO MX

The anime "Interspecies Reviewers" that is currently broadcasting on SUN TV has been canceled due to organizational reasons of Sun Television Co.

Interspecies Reviewers Production Committee”

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9922 on: February 18, 2020, 08:59:37 AM »
The last anime I remember getting dumped mid-run was Cowboy Bebop.
dog

« Reply #9923 on: February 18, 2020, 09:15:19 AM »
I'm actually cautiously optimistic about new GITS.  The trailer editing makes it hard to tell if the direction and actual animation are going to be good or not.  The models seem fine.  I'd prefer a 2d production, but this looks fine.  I'm more interested in the direction and the writing with GITS stuff, and since this is a new SAC "season", with kamiyama coming back..., yeah color me optimistic.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9924 on: February 18, 2020, 09:26:21 AM »
Dorohedoro- This is some grotesque, weird, enjoyable shit.   :lol  The art style also reminds of Otomo- some of those characters look like they could fit into Akira. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9925 on: February 18, 2020, 10:36:44 AM »
Also, damn, they change up the ending credits like every two eps.  One of them is a tribute to Wolfenstein/Doom.

ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9926 on: February 18, 2020, 11:05:52 AM »
May have to pirate Doro instead of waiting for Netshits to put it up.
©@©™

« Reply #9927 on: February 18, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »

I believe they put it up week to week in other territories then dump it out here when it's complete, so you're waiting either way.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9928 on: February 18, 2020, 05:44:13 PM »

I believe they put it up week to week in other territories then dump it out here when it's complete, so you're waiting either way.

Well yeah, I meant watching the weekly releases.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9930 on: February 24, 2020, 01:33:11 PM »
:fbm
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9933 on: February 26, 2020, 08:49:50 AM »
Looks like some decent stuff in there, but a lot them seem to be shonen-esque [which is popular on CR but doesn't do a whole lot for me].
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9934 on: February 26, 2020, 08:56:55 AM »
I’d forgotten High Guardian Spice was a thing. Gator types got super triggered by it.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9938 on: February 27, 2020, 07:27:13 PM »
 :gladbron
dog

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #9939 on: February 27, 2020, 07:46:18 PM »
Welcome to Eizouken aoty with a bullet

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9941 on: February 29, 2020, 10:19:55 PM »
Ok I'm gonna say it. Interspecies Reviewers is the best anime I've seen in years. Funny as hell. I think the scat episode so far is the best. That opening song is catchy, too.
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9942 on: March 01, 2020, 10:14:45 AM »
Saw the second My Hero Academia movie yesterday- thought it was better than the first.  Hard to say where this fits into the main story (probably doesn't really matter)- the villain is shown to have been enhanced by the evil fat professor guy whose name was causing Twitter outrage a little while ago and he's somewhat tied to the league of villains, but none of that really matters.  He's just I WANT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD guy. 

The plot revolves around the whole class being assigned to a sleepy little fishing island as a kind of work-story program and helping the townspeople -with no teachers to back them up or supervise- and then big bad and his cronies pop up and they have to fight them without the adults.  I liked that everyone gets some time to shine here and it isn't all just Deku.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9943 on: March 01, 2020, 08:25:50 PM »
Ok I'm gonna say it. Interspecies Reviewers is the best anime I've seen in years. Funny as hell. I think the scat episode so far is the best. That opening song is catchy, too.

It's also good at separating the cowards from the True Anime Fans. :whew
dog

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9945 on: March 01, 2020, 09:30:14 PM »
He's not wrong.

shosta

« Reply #9946 on: March 02, 2020, 12:30:20 AM »
i really don't watch a lot of anime - only stuff I think is interesting or well done. This one is just fucking hilarious. When they made the doll of the birdmaid, i almost died
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9947 on: March 02, 2020, 08:22:42 AM »
i really don't watch a lot of anime - only stuff I think is interesting or well done. This one is just fucking hilarious. When they made the doll of the birdmaid, i almost died

You gotta check out the author's other works- The World of Moral Reversal is just as raunchy and funny in the same way.
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9948 on: March 02, 2020, 09:20:45 AM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9949 on: March 03, 2020, 07:02:04 AM »
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/03/03/mamoru-oshiis-new-anime-project-vladlove-unveils-its-first-key-visual-synopsis

The official website for the internationally acclaimed director Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in The Shell)'s highly-anticipated new anime project VLADLOVE is updated today with its first key visual to introduce its three main characters.

VLADLOVE is a 12-episode slapstick comedy series. Oshii serves as the general director and screenplay writer, alongside his Urusei Yatsura mate Junji Nishimura as the director. Kenji Kawai, who has collaborated with Oshii for decades, of course, provides the soundtrack music. It was originally scheduled to be completed by the spring of 2020. Now it is set for the fall of 2020.

Synopsis:

Mitsugu Bamba is a high school girl who finds meaning in donating blood. She frequently visits a blood bank to donate blood, despite being harshly treated by the nurse. One day, she encounters a beautiful girl who looks like she's from overseas at the blood bank. The pale girl looks like she's about to faint any minute, but then, she starts destroying the blood bank. The girl loses consciousness and Mitsugu takes her home...

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/03/01-1/listeners-tv-anime-unleashes-the-power-of-rock-in-new-pv

From MAPPA (Terror in Resonance, Yuri!!! on ICE), Listeners takes place in a world where the entire idea of music vanishes from existence. The story follows Echo Rec (Ayumu Murase), a young teen who comes across μ (Rie Takahashi), a girl who, oddly enough, has an auxiliary port on her body. Together, they’ll work to rock the foundation of society and bring music back to the world.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/03/03-1/ghosts-cut-loose-in-zashiki-warashi-no-tatami-chan-mini-anime-trailer

Tokyo life takes a turn for the spooky in a new trailer for Zashiki-warashi no Tatami-chan ("Tatami-chan, the Guest Room Child"), an upcoming horror gag comedy mini-anime from the manga author of Hi Score Girl which features a sharp-tongued spirit experiencing life in the big city.

The story of Zashiki-warashi no Tatami-chan follows Tatami-chan, a household deity from Tono City in Iwate Prefecture, who moves to the big city of Tokyo. However, Tatami-chan uses up all of her limited funds to rent a rundown apartment that doesn't have gas, water, or electricity, so she's forced to take on human and yokai roommates and to look for a part-time job.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:08:57 AM by D3RANG3D »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9950 on: March 03, 2020, 07:40:01 PM »
So uh...Akira makes no fucking sense right? :what

The movie is actually just the first act of the story, so yeah it doesn't quite gel as a cohesive narrative.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9951 on: March 03, 2020, 08:57:00 PM »
I dunno, people always talk about it being confusing or hard to follow, but I've never really thought that? Ultimately, there are three major groups of characters: the Colonel and the weird old psychic kids, the lady that Kaneda is kinda in love with and her terrorist friends who are trying to help the one old kid get away from the government, and the biker gang that Tetsuo and Kaneda belong to [although only those two are really that important]. The conflict between the former two drags in the biker gang, owing to Tetsuo having latent psychic powers, as well. Tetsuo's powers eventually go out of control because they're too strong, and because he resists being controlled by the others. Then everything really goes crazy when Akira, the big bad psychic man, gets woken up. But he's mostly cool with just undoing the damage that's been done and then taking Tetsuo off to another plane of existence where he can't cause anymore harm.
dog

shosta

« Reply #9952 on: March 03, 2020, 08:57:50 PM »
One of my finest bar conversations was explaining all of this drunk to two other weebs at 1am. I agree that it should be pretty easy to follow but I think some of the political stuff you might miss the first time.

At least it's not The Wolf Brigade
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9953 on: March 03, 2020, 09:20:33 PM »
I dunno, people always talk about it being confusing or hard to follow, but I've never really thought that? Ultimately, there are three major groups of characters: the Colonel and the weird old psychic kids, the lady that Kaneda is kinda in love with and her terrorist friends who are trying to help the one old kid get away from the government, and the biker gang that Tetsuo and Kaneda belong to [although only those two are really that important]. The conflict between the former two drags in the biker gang, owing to Tetsuo having latent psychic powers, as well. Tetsuo's powers eventually go out of control because they're too strong, and because he resists being controlled by the others. Then everything really goes crazy when Akira, the big bad psychic man, gets woken up. But he's mostly cool with just undoing the damage that's been done and then taking Tetsuo off to another plane of existence where he can't cause anymore harm.

Oh is that what happened? Because all it seemed like to me was 3 new characters every 15 minutes and really aggressive and confusing editing and this dude goes from a crying bitch on the street to like....seeing teddy bear mechs and then he's in space for a sec and why does he have a cape all of the sudden and then he's half cyborg and then he erupts like Clayface and squishes someone to death on accident and then he becomes a planet?

He's a snotty little punk who gets cool psychic powers so he thinks he's all great but then his powers run wild so he has to go live in space.
dog

« Reply #9954 on: March 04, 2020, 12:09:14 AM »
Watched Thunderbolt Fantasy after seeing some people shilling for it on /a/, it was surprisingly fun. The story was kind of like your typical Chinese fantasy stuff, but it still managed to be interesting. Obviously though the main draw is the puppetry stuff coupled with the special effect which manages to look simultaneously great but weird. I definitely digged it on the visual front. Now begins the wait for season 3

shosta

« Reply #9955 on: March 06, 2020, 12:49:14 PM »
Dorohedoro is awesome :lawd
每天生气

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9956 on: March 06, 2020, 05:04:54 PM »

shosta