Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1172203 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|
« Reply #8880 on: February 03, 2022, 09:29:53 PM »
As someone who has a series X, why don't you answer the question?

Tasty

« Reply #8881 on: February 03, 2022, 09:41:39 PM »
Don’t get it but ok.

Taking a critical look, probably a third of those sales don't technically count as "home consoles" since they're Switch Lites.

That said, as much as I personally liked the Wii, I'm really happy the Switch has dethroned it. Just an all-around better system, and Nintendo will learn better lessons from the Switch's success I feel.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8882 on: February 03, 2022, 09:41:56 PM »
But I don't have a Series X.
 :dunno
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 09:49:15 PM by Potato »
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #8883 on: February 03, 2022, 09:52:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/thetruebowser/status/1489237330246332418

Man... fucking imagine if Switch passes 1 billion in software sales. Holy shit.

Tasty

« Reply #8884 on: February 03, 2022, 09:55:03 PM »
Props to PS2, which somehow managed 1.52 billion games sold.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8885 on: February 03, 2022, 10:02:47 PM »
I do.

So what great library are you talking about?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8886 on: February 03, 2022, 10:23:08 PM »
I do.

So what great library are you talking about?
To start with:
I mean, you can't seriously be debating that Sony will have the same breadth and depth of library that MS will this generation. Only a fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow would think that.

Anyway, we're getting off topic here. You were saying you "don't get it" when referring to Nintendo smashing through 100 milion.

What is there not to get about the appeal of the Switch to the market and why it has been such a roaring success that you had to enter into a sales thread to fanboy hard with ol' mate Svejk?
Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8887 on: February 03, 2022, 10:47:23 PM »
All those Bethesda titlies are on PS4.
I mean, you can't seriously be debating that Sony will have the same breadth and depth of library that MS will this generation. Only a fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow would think that.
They didn't for the entire of Xbox One and later half of the 360. Why would that change now? MS has to actually prove this. Just buying shit dosen't deliver anything. Not when its going to take years for these seeds to bear fruit. Nor can I tell where Sony's first-party output will be in years. You'll be lucky if these studios ship one game this gen. What can I tell you and unless you just have an axe to grind(which you seem to), is Sony first party has been much better than MS's offering.

What is there not to get about the appeal of the Switch to the market and why it has been such a roaring success that you had to enter into a sales thread to fanboy hard with ol' mate Svejk?
Saying this while ignoring that the biggest Nintendo fanboy here posted it, is rather ironic.

And I don't get it, because I don't get the appeal of Nintendo. I have one for the Japanese games and not Nintendo's main offerings. But like the typical Nintendo fan, you responded to someone not liking Gods Gift to Gaming with insults.

And while I know people don't read my posts, this Sony pony accusation thrown at me is always pretty funny. Because when you look at the threads for say Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, most of Sony's offerings, the one with the dissenting opinion is myself.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 10:56:34 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8888 on: February 03, 2022, 11:48:24 PM »
 :neogaf

The fanboyism is fucking throbbing in you mate. Go take a cold shower and cool down
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #8889 on: February 04, 2022, 12:21:01 AM »
But like the typical Nintendo fan, you responded to someone not liking Gods Gift to Gaming with insults.

I mean if the Bore, and this page specifically are anything to go by, filler Nintex BIONIC Rumbler Joe and me pretty much either ignore you or engage with you honestly... but sure, whatever man...

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8890 on: February 04, 2022, 12:53:11 AM »
Saying this while ignoring that the biggest Nintendo fanboy here posted it, is rather ironic.
How dare someone post an article about sales figures in the sales thread!!!

Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8891 on: February 04, 2022, 03:48:39 AM »
Nintendo sales walking in like

Even Metroid did over 2 million :neo

Nintendo totally dominating Japan uncontested and Xbox GamePass will make this a very difficult generation for Sony.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #8892 on: February 04, 2022, 10:06:32 AM »

Haven't had this much fun since Cee Dubbya One.  :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8893 on: February 04, 2022, 10:33:24 AM »
How dare someone post an article about sales figures in the sales thread!!!

(Image removed from quote.)
I just call it like it is.

You’re the one getting triggerd by people saying the mildest thing about Nintendo dude.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8894 on: February 04, 2022, 12:42:48 PM »
:neogaf

The fanboyism is fucking throbbing in you mate. Go take a cold shower and cool down
You don’t know what you are talking about.

The only people who are fanboys here are you, filler, and andrex.

It’s ok. You’ll be ok. People not liking your childhood friend is no big deal.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8895 on: February 04, 2022, 03:24:27 PM »
I know you are, but what am I?
Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8896 on: February 04, 2022, 04:03:29 PM »
Ignored.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8897 on: February 04, 2022, 04:05:51 PM »
Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8898 on: February 04, 2022, 04:21:24 PM »
Go suck Nintendo’s cock some more bitch.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8899 on: February 04, 2022, 05:14:08 PM »
Go suck Nintendo’s cock some more bitch.
LOL. Go and have a cry.

Here are some more sales data for you to cry yourself to sleep over.

Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8900 on: February 04, 2022, 06:11:59 PM »
Complains about fanboys.

Then makes the biggest fanboy post.

What’s your point? Nintendo games sell well and are successful? Ok. I think everyone knows that. I’m not sure what this proves. Does that mean they’re good? Well I guess if your using the logic of a 12 year old. But then again that would also mean some pretty shitty games and those Sony games you’re triggerd over are also good.

So like what’s your point? I also own a Switch, Dread, and various (bad) Pokemon games so it’s not like I haven’t added to that.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8901 on: February 04, 2022, 07:13:53 PM »
Ignored
Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8902 on: February 04, 2022, 07:36:55 PM »
Gotcha. You don’t have one. Just another  Nintendo fanboy.

The video game equivalent of MCU fans.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8903 on: February 04, 2022, 09:24:01 PM »
nintendo rules, that's why they have the highest sales. simply the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. feels good to be the best  :rejoice

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #8904 on: February 04, 2022, 11:49:22 PM »
The Switch is a perfect complimentary console or platform, an excellent handheld, excellent library of weeb games and indies, great first party content as a whole. Cheaper and more available stock that moves quickly. Great third party support for accessories/controllers.

The momentum for Switch has never stopped. Breath of the Wild 2 will garner a fuck ton of attention and be a GTA level selling game. I give Nintendo props personally for going from the Wii-U to this.
OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8905 on: February 05, 2022, 02:21:13 AM »
No one said otherwise.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8906 on: February 05, 2022, 05:01:56 AM »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8907 on: February 05, 2022, 08:45:42 AM »
You do realize that was a joke post about how people defend the shitty writing in Life is Strange games right?

Anyway I’m fine with the Switch, not for most of the Nintendo games on it though.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:20:10 PM by Rahxephon91 »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8908 on: February 05, 2022, 12:34:28 PM »
Switch is my favorite Nintendo system since the almighty SNES.  :rejoice
^_^

Svejk

« Reply #8909 on: February 05, 2022, 02:08:32 PM »
I wish I shared you all's enthusiasm for the Switch.  It's hard for me to not to be underwhelmed by it.  It has a good Zelda, Mario and Metroid, but aren't the best of the series.  The joycons are the gimpest of controllers since the Wii and suck to hold.  Yeah, I could get a pro controller, but it should come with one for the price they charge for this dated device. Only reason I hold on to mine is to wait for BOTW2.  I would say MP4 too, but I have a strong feeling it will be pushed to launch with the Switch successor... For good reason. 

I can see why people gravitate towards it though.  1 - The portability allows for anywhere gaming.. Great for people doing commutes and parents to toss to their children to get them off their backs, stfu, go to your corner and leave me alone.
2 - The first years of launch, it was the village bicycle with every dev dropping a simpleton load on it.  Smart on Nintendo to make it so accessable.  Hence the "vast library of quality games".
3 - The reason I got it, and many others, it's their first party line up.  It's been strong enough to hold it's ground, however, after playing through BOTW, Odyssey and Dread, I find them hardly "Teh best Mario's Zeldass and Metroidzzz". Whoever thinks so should go back and play prior installments again.  Again, they're great... But not the best of Nintendo.  NES, SNES and GC era Nintendo still remains supreme imo.  :)

Anywho, just glad the industry is still going stronger than ever and there's more to come... Just need stupid shit to stay out of it. (But that's a whole other argument)

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8910 on: February 05, 2022, 03:29:04 PM »
I wish I shared you all's enthusiasm for the Switch.  It's hard for me to not to be underwhelmed by it.  It has a good Zelda, Mario and Metroid, but aren't the best of the series.  The joycons are the gimpest of controllers since the Wii and suck to hold.  Yeah, I could get a pro controller, but it should come with one for the price they charge for this dated device. Only reason I hold on to mine is to wait for BOTW2.  I would say MP4 too, but I have a strong feeling it will be pushed to launch with the Switch successor... For good reason. 

I can see why people gravitate towards it though.  1 - The portability allows for anywhere gaming.. Great for people doing commutes and parents to toss to their children to get them off their backs, stfu, go to your corner and leave me alone.
2 - The first years of launch, it was the village bicycle with every dev dropping a simpleton load on it.  Smart on Nintendo to make it so accessable.  Hence the "vast library of quality games".
3 - The reason I got it, and many others, it's their first party line up.  It's been strong enough to hold it's ground, however, after playing through BOTW, Odyssey and Dread, I find them hardly "Teh best Mario's Zeldass and Metroidzzz". Whoever thinks so should go back and play prior installments again.  Again, they're great... But not the best of Nintendo.  NES, SNES and GC era Nintendo still remains supreme imo.  :)

Anywho, just glad the industry is still going stronger than ever and there's more to come... Just need stupid shit to stay out of it. (But that's a whole other argument)
Yep.

I've taken my Switch on flights and my work on Saturdays and it's been good for playing non-graphically interesting games that I'd really want to play on a tv, ports, or just doing some mindless grinding. Also thanks to the controller set-up it's easy to get a Bomberman game going during outside Summer days. Those early ads of people playing at rooftop parties are not lying.

But I have it for the Japanese third-party support and the nontypical Nintendo first-party stuff like Xenoblade or Platnium published stuff. And every time I play them I think my experience would be better if they were on another system. But I mean despite having the worse XB(with 2), its no doubt better than the WiiU.

But Im not a Nintendo faithful and don't care about their first-party output.

But also frankly I think people let Nintendo get away with too much shit.

I mean during the Wii era they were shit at releasing their niche games.

Selling DLC with the toys that they artificially limit is bullshit that if anyone else did they would be run out of town.

The hardware is cheaply made and just super weak and lacking basic features.

Online is garbage.

Top games have bad production values. Sorry, it's 2022, Pokemon should have voice acting and not look like crap.

And to me it just comes back to Nintendo is not what I grew up with and thier vibe is not what I like about video games.

Beezy

« Reply #8911 on: February 05, 2022, 04:03:25 PM »
Saying that the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games aren't the best in their franchise doesn't take away from the Switch at all. They're are all old franchises with multiple great games. You can't expect every new addition to be better than the previous games.

Rahx, why does Pokemon need voice acting? Pokemon doesn't need great graphics, but I also think I'd enjoy them more if they did. But I don't see what voice acting would add. The voice acting in BotW felt unnecessary.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8912 on: February 05, 2022, 06:18:31 PM »
Because it has cutscenes. Simple as that.

If you're going to have the opening like you did with Sword, how do you not have voice acting? If you're going to have me watch and read all this crap, you might as well also voice it. The visuals want to emulate anime, why not also have that effect on the rest of the production?  Hell voice acting in itself is also an accessibility item, beyond also being a thing that if done well adds  another layer of character. If you don't like voice acting you can turn it off. And the reason it doesn't is simply that it would cost money, lets be honest. It's 2022, games have voice acting. When an indie rpg like Disco Elysium can have full voice acting there is no excuse.

Sword and Shield also use soccer as a motif. Yet you don't have say a live broadcasting commentary to your fight or a lively audience that reacts and cheers to what's going on. That yells, "Go Pikachu" when you use one. Like I understand gamers like Potato seem to not think any of this matters as long as the gameplay is good(which it wasn't), but to me games are a sum of their parts. When the presentation fails the experience that's a failure. The minutia of these things is important.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 06:49:33 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Beezy

« Reply #8913 on: February 05, 2022, 06:38:49 PM »
Wow, I didn't know that Pokemon games had cutscenes now. :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8914 on: February 05, 2022, 07:16:08 PM »

I don’t know if your joking. I never played the DS games and the GBC/GBA games are clearly not working in the same space. Sword though is a full console level jrpg and when you have things were one would expect voice or voice can add to the experience it’s a little weird in its absence.

Beezy

« Reply #8915 on: February 05, 2022, 09:33:31 PM »
I haven't played any of the Switch Pokemon games.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8916 on: February 05, 2022, 10:52:19 PM »
The best thing about the nerds from Sales-Era/Gaf branching off is that they produce some good charts and comparisons these days.

Easier to see the absolute mental pace the DS set and the crazy way the Switch has just kept going from strength to strength. This data is a little behind as Switch hardware is now over 100 million.

Not sure how much longer it can hold out though. I can see a successor at least being announced this year with a 2023 release date.
Spud

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8917 on: February 07, 2022, 09:10:02 PM »

I don’t know if your joking. I never played the DS games and the GBC/GBA games are clearly not working in the same space. Sword though is a full console level jrpg and when you have things were one would expect voice or voice can add to the experience it’s a little weird in its absence.

We already went over this:

https://nintendoeverything.com/game-freak-on-why-pokemon-sword-shield-doesnt-have-voice-acting/
“There’s sort of two main reasons, so firstly this is a RPG with a whole lot of text that we’re then localising and releasing in nine different languages at the same time. So from a purely practical point of view actually getting that organised and carrying out all the voice recording, the corrections and so on in nine different languages for release on exactly the same day is something that would be incredibly difficult. So, that’s one reason why we haven’t chosen to do it this time around.

But the other reason is one of character image, in the sense of when you play a game, if you’ve got a voice on that character that instantly provides to the player an image, a feel for that character that they don’t generate themselves, it’s pushed on them from the development side. Whereas if we have really flavourful text, for those characters, but no voice the players can kind of create their own image of who that character is as they’re playing. And that’s something we really like to encourage as we’re creating games.”

When the anime voices were brought up, Ohmori added:

“There’s similar linguistic problems – there are some where all of them are the same, such as Pikachu, where that would be fine, but other ones have completely different names across all languages. And another point to consider is that in the game we’re focusing on them as being living creatures, so having them making a sound like a living creature – rather than just shouting out their own name – is quite nice.”

The localization stuff makes sense, but the second reason is just some bullshit.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8918 on: February 07, 2022, 11:19:42 PM »
You're just posting the bullshit PR response. There's nothing stopping them from having the audio be Japanese and English and text for other languages like most releases. Or they could go further and have other voiced languages like Square "somehow" does. They are Nintendo, unlike many of these companies they have multiple localization/regional groups. They have tons of money, resources, and talent to do it. It would be an undertaking(that others are able to do somehow, I mean Assassins Creed has lots of dialogue too).

But we all know why that doesn't happen.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8919 on: February 08, 2022, 07:30:40 AM »
You're just posting the bullshit PR response. There's nothing stopping them from having the audio be Japanese and English and text for other languages like most releases. Or they could go further and have other voiced languages like Square "somehow" does. They are Nintendo, unlike many of these companies they have multiple localization/regional groups. They have tons of money, resources, and talent to do it. It would be an undertaking(that others are able to do somehow, I mean Assassins Creed has lots of dialogue too).

But we all know why that doesn't happen.

You're saying what I already did. 

You also keep saying "Nintendo."  Pokemon isn't entirely Nintendo- they own one-third of the Pokemon Company and Game Freak was the developer.  It might explain why the visuals aren't on par with say, Breath Of The Wild.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8920 on: February 08, 2022, 10:06:30 AM »
And you posted it again for no reason? We already went over why that interview is crap, so why did you feel the need to post it again?

And who cares? Nintendo is the publisher correct? They are the ones who fund the game, have a vested interests in the production of the game, sign off what the game is going to be, and also would be the ones to handle the localization and release of the game. They could no doubt buff up Game Freak. Correct? So they are to blame.

Maybe Gamefreak would want to add voice acting, but if Nintendo isn’t going to pay for it(which would not surprise me) then it’s not going to happen.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 10:10:36 AM by Rahxephon91 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8921 on: February 08, 2022, 10:43:55 AM »
And you posted it again for no reason? We already went over why that interview is crap, so why did you feel the need to post it again?

For the same reason you felt the need to post what you said again?

And who cares?

Well, you, since you can't stop talking about it.  It's been what- a week now and you're still going on about Pokemon graphics?

Nintendo is the publisher correct? They are the ones who fund the game, have a vested interests in the production of the game, sign off what the game is going to be, and also would be the ones to handle the localization and release of the game. They could no doubt buff up Game Freak. Correct? So they are to blame.

Maybe Gamefreak would want to add voice acting, but if Nintendo isn’t going to pay for it(which would not surprise me) then it’s not going to happen.

https://zenmarket.jp/en/blog/post/10040/does-nintendo-own-pokemon
The Pokémon Company manages the brand, the license, and publishes games. They also operate all the stores that produce the merchandise you know and love.

Nintendo owns 1/3rd of the Pokemon Company and has a stake in Creatures, too, but the developer listed for Legends is Game Freak.  The game box says "The Pokemon Company" on the spine next to Nintendo.

:expert
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8922 on: February 08, 2022, 01:09:12 PM »
The Pokemon company is listed as brand management and in charge of the mobile games.

But Nintendo is also mentioned as being involved in qa, distribution, locolization, and so on. I guess we don't know the break down.

But my question is who is providing most of the funding, signs off on the pitches, and makes the release schedule?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8923 on: February 08, 2022, 01:22:39 PM »
The Pokemon company is listed as brand management and in charge of the mobile games.

But Nintendo is also mentioned as being involved in qa, distribution, locolization, and so on. I guess we don't know the break down.

But my question is who is providing most of the funding, signs off on the pitches, and makes the release schedule?

My guess is the Pokemon Company.

Edit- NeoGAF still good for something.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/interview-with-jeffrey-kalles-former-nintendo-employee.75594/

<Jeff>I helped name a lot of Pokemon in Pokemon Gold and Silver, which is kind of, sort of Development, but outside is a whole different little arena, the Pokemon group.

<Jonathan> They have a special club, or something?

<Jeff> Well, yeah. They kind of underwent different management groups.

<Jonathan> Those Pokemon people wear the black hats.

<Jeff> I’ve got some good stories about the Pokemon group. They’re very protective of their property is what I’ll say. It’s published by Nintendo, but not of Nintendo, it’s definitely Game Freaks, which is the original Japanese Developers. It’s their game, and they let you know it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 01:28:41 PM by bork »
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8924 on: February 08, 2022, 02:16:51 PM »
I can see a successor at least being announced this year with a 2023 release date.
Won't be announced this year, might launch next year but even that is still up in the air.

It depends on Nintendo's game development pipeline more than anything.
They started with the 'launch window', sequels to Mario, Zelda etc. which for once in Nintendo history was actually delivered within the launch window.
Then they move on with expanding the audience with Pokemon, Smash Bros., Fire Emblem, Mario Sports titles and various spin-offs, sequels and remakes.

Finally there is the twilight years, where they coast on Mario Party, a second 3D Mario and projects with a lower priority such as Metroid and a second mainline Zelda release.
They have yet to slow down with software releases, which means they're not holding back for a new system.

All things considered COVID probably delayed all their plans by a year and canned any plans for a Switch Pro.
Overall I think we're looking at a spring 2024 release for Switch 2 at the earliest.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8925 on: February 20, 2022, 11:50:38 PM »
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-02-20-horizon-forbidden-west-is-the-second-biggest-ps5-launch-so-far-uk-boxed-charts

Horizon: Forbidden West was comfortably the No.1 game in the UK boxed charts, according to the latest GfK figures.

The game is the second biggest PS5 launch so far, behind popular launch game Spider-Man: Miles Morales and just ahead of FIFA 22. Like Spider-Man, the new Horizon was released on both PS4 and PS5. 68% of the boxed sales were on PS5 with the remainder on the older PlayStation.

Forbidden West's launch sales are down 35% compared with its predecessor: 2017's Horizon: Zero Dawn. However, this data does not factor in digital sales, and the download market has accelerated significantly in the last five years. Digital download data will be released later in the week.

Considering the lack of availability of PS5 consoles, we might expect Horizon to rise up and down the charts as more machines become available.

Interesting.  Would have thought it would sell better on the PS4 with the much larger userbase and certainly that for physical copies. 

Do the sales being listed as "down" compared to the original matter when they're not tracking digital sales?
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #8926 on: February 21, 2022, 09:47:53 AM »
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-02-20-horizon-forbidden-west-is-the-second-biggest-ps5-launch-so-far-uk-boxed-charts

Horizon: Forbidden West was comfortably the No.1 game in the UK boxed charts, according to the latest GfK figures.

The game is the second biggest PS5 launch so far, behind popular launch game Spider-Man: Miles Morales and just ahead of FIFA 22. Like Spider-Man, the new Horizon was released on both PS4 and PS5. 68% of the boxed sales were on PS5 with the remainder on the older PlayStation.

Forbidden West's launch sales are down 35% compared with its predecessor: 2017's Horizon: Zero Dawn. However, this data does not factor in digital sales, and the download market has accelerated significantly in the last five years. Digital download data will be released later in the week.

Considering the lack of availability of PS5 consoles, we might expect Horizon to rise up and down the charts as more machines become available.

Interesting.  Would have thought it would sell better on the PS4 with the much larger userbase and certainly that for physical copies. 

Do the sales being listed as "down" compared to the original matter when they're not tracking digital sales?
I blame cross-gen and being only a year out in New gen... with half the market still trying to upgrade, but can't.  If I were in that boat, I'd skip purchasing this too until I could play it the way it was intended (PS5 and/or PC)...  either that, or too many PS4 peeps were burnt to the 3rd degree with the dubious launch of Cyberpunk and are still skeptical.   

But we all know the true reason why......
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #8927 on: February 22, 2022, 10:30:54 PM »
I blame cross-gen and being only a year out in New gen... with half the market still trying to upgrade, but can't.  If I were in that boat, I'd skip purchasing this too until I could play it the way it was intended (PS5 and/or PC)...  either that, or too many PS4 peeps were burnt to the 3rd degree with the dubious launch of Cyberpunk and are still skeptical.   

[close]

p much all of the above. wouldn't be surprised if digital sales do outstrip physical, but it's kinda baffling. my friends with Horizon all bought digital 'cause they wanted it guaranteed unlocked at midnight release day and work from home/didn't want to travel into town. no-one played it at midnight though, stores were doing early deliverys to arrive on release day (some even got it early!) and they were selling ~35% cheaper ($140nzd on psn vs $94 physical at all the big stores here -_-) and then you can't resell it. fuckin stooooopid
◕‿◕

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8928 on: February 23, 2022, 07:44:43 AM »

[close]

Horizon is supposed to be really good on PS4, I thought- regardless, I'm not sure why you'd think people would skip buying it because Cyberpunk was shitty on consoles.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #8929 on: February 23, 2022, 09:24:19 AM »

[close]

Horizon is supposed to be really good on PS4, I thought- regardless, I'm not sure why you'd think people would skip buying it because Cyberpunk was shitty on consoles.
I just thought the average gamer that's unfamiliar with Euro jank and had a poor experience with the PS4 CP, the thought process would be, I'm not getting another open world game till I'm upgraded; regardless of dev reputation. 

As silly as that thought may be, a better reason over that is people are simply struggling and don't have the skrilla to drop on vidyah.  Especially being the start of the year... Don't know about y'all, but everything from rent, internet, insurance, Prime, groceries, etc. All have been hiked.  Inflation is so trill right now.   :doge

Svejk

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8931 on: March 14, 2022, 03:43:31 AM »
O Elden Ring!
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8932 on: March 16, 2022, 08:00:25 PM »
Elden Ring sold 12 million in just 3 weeks, outpacing Skyrim, GTAV and a few other titles

https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1504019697909616642

When I look at the overall release schedule I expect it will continue to sell extremely well for a while yet. The other 2022 games that could be this big are probably Starfield, Hogwarts Legacy and BOTW but there are lots of question marks surrounding those.
I also wonder if it will prompt developers to rework games. Is Fable for instance going to be more like BOTW and Elden Ring than what Fable used to be. Will Mass Effect be sci-fi Elden Ring?
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8934 on: May 19, 2022, 02:01:26 PM »
I'd love to know what the numbers were. 12 xboxes and the 2 PS5's that were in still in stock?
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8935 on: May 19, 2022, 02:19:02 PM »
I'd love to know what the numbers were. 12 xboxes and the 2 PS5's that were in still in stock?

The actual numbers

Xbox Series S - 6,120
Xbox Series X - 105

PlayStation 5 (Disc+Digital) - 2,963

YTD is 400k vs. 70k in favor of PS5.
Switch is at 1.8 million for the year.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #8936 on: May 19, 2022, 07:30:49 PM »
YTD is 400k vs. 70k in favor of PS5.
Switch is at 1.8 million for the year.

Beezy

« Reply #8937 on: May 21, 2022, 05:50:06 AM »
https://twitter.com/AndyPlaytonic/status/1527292703741923332

:pika
Focusing on GamePass and Series S only in Japan makes sense. It could be the perfect secondary console.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8938 on: May 21, 2022, 06:16:30 AM »
All the S really lacks is a disk drive, if they add that and additional storage it's pretty much all ~95% of the consumers need.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴