Author Topic: Apple Basic Bitch Thread  (Read 65636 times)

Himu

Re: Fuck you Apple
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2017, 10:37:57 AM »
This is why I have an iPhone 5s and I haven't updated in like two years. I'm still on ios9.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
It kinda sucks Apple has shat the bed like that considering I'm not super happy with Windows. I want a decent CLI but it's awkward on Windows. It's not on Windows, it's on Bash on Ubuntu on Windows. :snoop

Even worse, you can't actually interface with the Windows system without going through a bunch of bullshit to make it like /mount/sdd/c because they separate the two despite New Technology kernel originally supposedly supposed to support non-Windows kernals.

You can't "top" the hung system to kill Windows processes. :'( Task Manager or bust. :'( :'(

kingv

« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2017, 02:52:20 PM »
Shouldn’t the hung system be the top?

Tasty

« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »

That's a common misconception.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2017, 02:38:55 AM »
Confirming what everybody basically already knows.... Apple does indeed throttle the performance of old phones in newer OS updates.... ostensibly to help maintain battery life on older batteries. So you’re 2+ year old iPhone really is a little t slower than it was over time.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2017/12/what_s_wrong_with_apple_slowing_down_older_iphones.html#lf_comment=761236069

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/dec/29/apple-apologises-for-slowing-older-iphones-battery-performance

2017: The Year of Unfelt Apologies

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2017, 09:11:25 AM »
I got my first iphone this year - an Iphone 8+.  I really like it.  There's a few gripes about some illogical extra steps to do some basic things but so far that's really all.  I'm not big on apps or gaming.  I just surf the web and listen to music/audiobooks.  My last two phones (Nexus 5 and Lumia 950XL) would have a dead battery by about noon, even when new.  I've been putting my phone on the charger at night with 40-60% battery left every night.  I've got no real complaints after about a month of use.

Edit: Wait, I do have a gripe.  Why do all pictures show up in the same damn spot in Photos?  More precisely, why do saved pictures show up in the camera roll in the Camera app?  My one, single eccentricity is that I like to save nudie photos but now if I'm showing someone pictures I've taken then Sunny Leone's tits or Reddit PAWG ass is sitting right next to it.  And you know how motherfuckers love to swipe unprompted.  Any tips on how to get around this shit would be appreciated.

Himu

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2017, 09:40:22 AM »
My phones touch screen isn't working so I can't use it :brazilcry
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2017, 10:44:25 AM »

That's a common misconception.

It kinda sucks Apple has shat the bed like that considering I'm not super happy with Windows. I want a decent CLI but it's awkward on Windows. It's not on Windows, it's on Bash on Ubuntu on Windows. :snoop

Even worse, you can't actually interface with the Windows system without going through a bunch of bullshit to make it like /mount/sdd/c because they separate the two despite New Technology kernel originally supposedly supposed to support non-Windows kernals.

You can't "top" the hung system to kill Windows processes. :'( Task Manager or bust. :'( :'(

see that is what i dont get

if i run a linux VM on windows i know what will work and what will not

but this bash on ubuntu thing, you have linux CLI goodies integrated with windows but not quite

how the hell does that make it better? with a VM you know it's nicely separated but with bash on windows you don't know what the hell is going on

It's meant to manage the systems/servers via a Windows UI. Similar to using OS X, but the thing is: OS X is already UNIX (a BSD flavor granted...) so it does a near 1:1 with managing the system AND a fleet of systems like *NIX distros, whereas Windows... doesn't. It just emulates so those that program or whatever on *NIX are "comfortable and can do that on Windows!"

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2017, 10:47:54 AM »
I got my first iphone this year - an Iphone 8+.  I really like it.  There's a few gripes about some illogical extra steps to do some basic things but so far that's really all.  I'm not big on apps or gaming.  I just surf the web and listen to music/audiobooks.  My last two phones (Nexus 5 and Lumia 950XL) would have a dead battery by about noon, even when new.  I've been putting my phone on the charger at night with 40-60% battery left every night.  I've got no real complaints after about a month of use.

Edit: Wait, I do have a gripe.  Why do all pictures show up in the same damn spot in Photos?  More precisely, why do saved pictures show up in the camera roll in the Camera app?  My one, single eccentricity is that I like to save nudie photos but now if I'm showing someone pictures I've taken then Sunny Leone's tits or Reddit PAWG ass is sitting right next to it.  And you know how motherfuckers love to swipe unprompted.  Any tips on how to get around this shit would be appreciated.

Yeah, Photos.app: it's shit. There's no way other than dividing into Albums, and the interface for sorting photos into albums is not happymaking. The NSFW stuff will still show up if you start browsing in All Photos or Camera Roll for locally saved stuff. I deleted my risqué pictures entirely so they wouldn't be part of my iCloud photo backup. And when I say "risqué," I mean mild stuff that I didn't want showing up on my screensaver if I ever just use my Pictures directory as a screensaver.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2017, 11:07:04 AM »
damn these family friendly companies.  looks like I just won't be showing anyone anything.

Himu

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »
Alternatively, play it like Amirox and just not care. ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 12:44:56 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2017, 06:30:43 PM »
damn these family friendly companies.  looks like I just won't be showing anyone anything.

Mups gon' mups:
http://mashable.com/2014/09/29/sexting-photo-apps/#3mjROxSYbPqU
http://bgr.com/2015/08/10/iphone-hide-photos-tips-tricks/
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/5jfeh0/best_app_for_hiding_nude_photos/

n.b. I finally got curious enough to google, but I haven't tried any of these methods. Looks like the first link is for an older version of iOS, but if the companies have stayed current, it should still work. Keepsafe apparently was still good a year ago.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2017, 09:12:35 PM »

I *think* the new Insider update fixes this.
rub

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2018, 09:05:42 PM »
Finally got my wife to ditch her iPhone and her Pixel 2 is coming tomorrow.  No more Crapple
:rejoice

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I got me a Pixel 2, too.  That shit niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
[close]
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2018, 01:08:50 AM »
:jawalrus

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »
Finally got my wife to ditch her iPhone and her Pixel 2 is coming tomorrow.  No more Crapple

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I got me a Pixel 2, too.  That shit niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
[close]

Been with Apple ever since Steve got back to the company. I'm honestly debating getting out. Apple under Cook has been a fucking disaster. There's only two things that keep me tied to Apple

1. The ecosystem of Imessage. Everyone i know in the U.S has an iphone and i'm always out of the country. Even though there's android phones with two sim card slots which would be amazing for me the imessage/facetime chat keeps me locked into apple.
2. The fact that it's really easy to run Linux alongside OSX while Windows is still shit is another bonus.

But man has APPLE been falling off big. And a fucking 1k Iphone? like really??? And no decent macbook pro??

I hope the company starts getting smashed on their stock price. They need a shakeup.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »

It's a great ad by Spike Jonze. I get pissed at Apple for a bunch of stuff, but their ad campaigns are always the best out there.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2018, 07:39:25 PM »
Once my 6S dies out, I’m going on team Android. Sick of feeling like I’m being held hostage due to “Let’s make everything as annoying as we can for users who don’t own only Apple products”, among other things.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2018, 07:46:40 PM »
What keeps apple alive is the fact that android is a mess. If it were more unified and not so goddamn cluttered Apple would be destroyed overnight.

Same goes for Windows. If Windows was just better Apple would be done. Everything Apple is cumbersome now and i'm tired of the apple tax. Sell your shitty peripherals at a reasonable price you fucking cunts.

They get away with selling crappy headphones at a markup just because. Someone needs to smack tim cook in the mouth because this company is failing, hard. That homepod isn't going to do shit because SIRI fucking stinks compared to Alexa and Googles voice assistant.

nudemacusers

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2018, 07:48:06 PM »
“Let’s make everything as annoying as we can for users who don’t own only Apple products”
When Google submits its apps, they're not sending their best. They're sending apps that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing ads. They're bringing spyware. They're buggy. And some, I assume, are good apps.

:trumps
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2018, 07:50:57 PM »
Someone needs to smack tim cook in the mouth because this company is failing, hard.

:success
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

thisismyusername

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2018, 08:02:24 PM »
It's a great ad by Spike Jonze.

Sure, if you want a dance number. The actual fucking thing they're advertising only does "one thing" (hey Siri, play me music) and doesn't show what else it does. At that point consumers would be like "why would I buy that when I can just tell my iPhone to do the same?"

The dancer number bit worked for the iPod because the iPod was a portable music player, it made sense. What is the HomePod's use? To play music that your phone can already do?

(I'd slam Google's ads for it's "HomePod" thing as well if it did the same thing)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2018, 08:32:41 PM »
Being Apple-free
ど助平

Coax

« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2018, 12:44:23 AM »

Edit: posted to wrong thread :doge
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:50:08 AM by Coax »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2018, 01:08:02 PM »
I was excited for the homepod until I read that you can't hook up any device and play music from it. It won't play anything over bluetooth. It only plays music through Apple Music over wifi. That is pretty much bullshit for a $350 speaker.
©ZH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2018, 10:24:27 PM »
I was excited for the homepod until I read that you can't hook up any device and play music from it. It won't play anything over bluetooth. It only plays music through Apple Music over wifi. That is pretty much bullshit for a $350 speaker.

But all you need is Apple® Music™ and iTunes®.  What else is there?  ???
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2018, 10:29:13 PM »

Aren’t all the other music players using command line interfaces?  :yuck

Sorry I’m too busy enjoying a modern lifestyle to sit around and tinker with config files and updates  :-X
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2018, 02:06:41 AM »

Aren’t all the other music players using command line interfaces?  :yuck

Sorry I’m too busy enjoying a modern lifestyle to sit around and tinker with config files and updates  :-X

yoo boi I got iPhone X here let me show you this WILDE new song that I heard on Apple Music. Wait hold on I gotta update. It'll sound almost as good on those homepods as on my Airpods, which turn up the pitch like those anime music videos.

This song is LIT you will love it and why is it taking so long to download....oh sorry I was holding it wrong. That's user error. Not Apple's fault.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2018, 03:18:05 AM »
 I would be stunned if the HomePod didn’t also allow users who are on iTunes Match, the cloud storage solution for people who curate their own music library.

Apple has been so pushy about Apple Music that I have no interest in ever supporting it. I hear it’s pretty awesome, but I am angry that it still continues to show up in user interface sections even though I’ve told Apple to never mention it to me again.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/29/16944318/homepod-itunes-match-apple-music-icloud-library-siri

Apple’s official product page doesn’t list if iTunes Match also works with that, but it is confirmed that users can use AirPlay to directly control whatever you want to come out of HomePod.  But that official webpage is just more of Apple bullshit pushing Apple Music at the cost of other potential users.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:38:23 AM by chronovore »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2018, 03:25:41 AM »
I would love to switch back to android, but on Android you never know if some apps are available, when they will be available, if they will work and for how long they will work.

Its such a swamp of shit.

Also you dont know how long your phone will be supported or if it will get updates, what kind of bloatware is installed etc.

kingv

« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2018, 01:33:47 PM »
Discovered a week or two that trying to send some shit to Chromecast is basically impossible on an iPhone. Had an amazon movie I wanted to watch at a friends place, and had to whip out my dick and type in my password to his roku instead of chromecast.

Tasty

« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2018, 02:23:32 PM »
I would love to switch back to android, but on Android you never know if some apps are available, when they will be available, if they will work and for how long they will work.

Its such a swamp of shit.

Also you dont know how long your phone will be supported or if it will get updates, what kind of bloatware is installed etc.

Google Pixel phones are supported with three years of software and security updates. They're also the first to receive new OS updates, and come with no bloatware. My Pixel 2 launched with Android 8.0 Oreo, and will receive Android P, Q, and R (roughly 9.0 to 11.0.)

For the record, if you're buying a phone through a telco, you kinda deserve whatever bloatware you get. :trumps But I understand that's not common practice in your glorious Yurop.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2018, 03:19:23 PM »
As much as I despise Apple as a company, I'm not above buying their stuff. They are perfect for casual filth like me who can afford them and just wants to have some nice things that work without much problems.

I wasn't really happy with my Galaxy S4, though it's pretty much my fault for buying the cheapest Android shit available. But even though I love my iPhone, if someone asked me if they ought to buy one, I'd tell them to get one of the better Android models instead. Those new iPhone prices are a fucking disgrace. I'm not gonna buy a new one any time soon.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2018, 03:21:39 PM »
Just get a Pixel 2.  Don't need to get it through a provider...Google sells them too.  Zero bloatware.  Super-easy to set up and import all your stuff over...even from an iPhone.

ど助平

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2018, 03:45:12 PM »
I don't really need a new phone anytime soon. As long I'm adamant about ignoring any iOS-updates I'll be fine with my iPhone 7+ for a long while.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2018, 05:11:22 PM »
If i were to switch to android i'd definitely get a Pixel . However, i just switched the battery on my Iphone 6 and it's running perfectly fine. I probably won't switch until the end of the year at least.

The shit that really pisses me off with the Apple right now that makes me want to switch

1. Icloud fucking sucks
2. Siri fucking sucks
3. Accessories are too expensive straight from apple
4. IOS is not as smooth as it was, some really unintuitive garbage going on
5. Itunes fucking sucks (once my fake student discount is up i'm probably switching to spotify)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2018, 05:42:45 PM »
Figured out why Amazon was in no rush to put the Prime Video app on AppleTV for the longest time: while all the Prime Video free streaming stuff is readily available, anything to rent or buy must first be purchased through a regular web browser. That's /arguably/ easy on mobile devices, as you can just fire up the browser, but AppleTV doesn't have a browser on the device.

It threw me for a loop, because I'd been using the Amazon Prime Video app on PS3/PS4 for a year, and it allows users to just clickthrough a purchase to their registered Amazon account.

Apple's policy to prevent people from entering their CC information in apps and then being held accountable was understandable, but the idea that I have already got an account on a server and can't access it is utter foolishness.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2018, 05:54:21 PM »
Figured out why Amazon was in no rush to put the Prime Video app on AppleTV for the longest time: while all the Prime Video free streaming stuff is readily available, anything to rent or buy must first be purchased through a regular web browser. That's /arguably/ easy on mobile devices, as you can just fire up the browser, but AppleTV doesn't have a browser on the device.

It threw me for a loop, because I'd been using the Amazon Prime Video app on PS3/PS4 for a year, and it allows users to just clickthrough a purchase to their registered Amazon account.

Apple's policy to prevent people from entering their CC information in apps and then being held accountable was understandable, but the idea that I have already got an account on a server and can't access it is utter foolishness.

I figured it was Amazon’s choice to do it this way. Apple probably wanted a % cut for each rental/sale.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2018, 06:30:09 PM »

I figured it was Amazon’s choice to do it this way. Apple probably wanted a % cut for each rental/sale.

Correct. This is also why Comixology stopped allowing comic purchases shortly after getting bought by Amazon.

On the other side of the fence, Google Play has a similar policy but allows exemptions if the digital goods can be bought outside the app (like on the web.) Amazon Prime Video and Comixology on Android have full in-app purchase support.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »

Correct. This is also why Comixology stopped allowing comic purchases shortly after getting bought by Amazon.

On the other side of the fence, Google Play has a similar policy but allows exemptions if the digital goods can be bought outside the app (like on the web.) Amazon Prime Video and Comixology on Android have full in-app purchase support.

I don’t know if it’s still the case, but Spotify cost more to subscribe through the iOS app than it did through the Spotify website.
serge

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2018, 11:52:05 AM »
I miss Spotify so much.  :( I had to cave to my daughter's wishes since all their stuff was on Apple music. They were each going on month to month subscriptions and I had my Spotify sub. I thought that was a waste of money when the whole family could be covered for $14.99/month. So in the end, it was me that had to start over with my curation.

The things we have to do for our kids.  :maf
©ZH

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2018, 12:03:51 PM »
I miss Spotify so much.  :( I had to cave to my daughter's wishes since all their stuff was on Apple music. They were each going on month to month subscriptions and I had my Spotify sub. I thought that was a waste of money when the whole family could be covered for $14.99/month. So in the end, it was me that had to start over with my curation.

Out of curiosity what do you like about Spotify over Itunes music?

I've been using apple music but everyone i know is on spotify.

Brehvolution

« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »

Out of curiosity what do you like about Spotify over Itunes music?

I've been using apple music but everyone i know is on spotify.

Spotify would lead me to more bands I liked that I had never heard of before. It had more flexibility like "Play similar bands like X band" and it would do a good job. All you can do with Apple music is start a radio station from a song and the stuff it plays can be all over the place. Spotify did a better job curating a weekly playlist based on what you listened to that week. Apple music seems to make a playlist with new music and most of it isn't anything like you listened to. I felt that Spotify learned my tastes catered to it and Apple music is just saying "Here is whatever we feel you should listen to. Skip it if you don't like it we don't care looool"

I can deal with it, whatevs. I listen to podcasts more than music these day.
©ZH

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2018, 06:14:17 PM »

Are you certain that it's that simple?

With Amazon managing the customer's Amazon account fully, Apple tentatively has no ground to make a claim other than to say, "Only allow purchases on a browser, in-app purchases must be through an Apple account for consistency." Amazon could e-e-easily  put a link on the in-app page which leads to a webpage for purchase. It's clunky, but would be in-line with that policy. As it is, there's just a statement that purchased or rented items can be viewed in-app.

It's SO counterintuitive.

Tasty

« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2018, 06:24:40 PM »
I am 95% Apple would frown or outright disallow an app that did that.

I'm sure Amazon doesn't *like* leaving money on the table, so it must be Apple's policy. Any potential purchases must be done using their in-app payment APIs.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2018, 08:27:43 PM »

I'm sure Amazon doesn't *like* leaving money on the table, so it must be Apple's policy. Any potential purchases must be done using their in-app payment APIs.

Digital content, yeah. Except I can purchase stuff through Amazon.com on the browser, even Comixology titles and Amazon streaming rentals — so maybe Apple forbids the use of direct links in-app to mobile browser pages?

(peeks)

Huh, even the iOS Amazon.app offers the category for digital music, but the purchase buttons are dimmed/deactivated, and it shows "Digital music is not available for purchase from this device." It similarly seems unable to purchase digital music through the web browser now as well. Huh.  :-\

Tasty

« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2018, 08:35:37 PM »
Feel free to revisit the title of this thread. ;)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2018, 08:52:00 PM »
Feel free to revisit the title of this thread. ;)
Oh, I always have that at the edge of my awareness. Not just when in this thread, but in my daily life now.

My next computer's going to be a Win10 machine, so I can use Oculus Medium and sculpt virtually.

My next phone may or may not be Android. I'm really getting tired of feeling trapped in Apple's econosphere.

Tasty

« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2018, 09:24:03 PM »
You can soft-transition ahead of time by switching to Chrome, Gmail, etc. on your iPhone.

I mean, you won't be able to set them as defaults and Chrome had to be a reskinned Safari cause of Apple's dumb bullshit, but it's a start. :rejoice

kingv

« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2018, 11:04:18 PM »

Digital content, yeah. Except I can purchase stuff through Amazon.com on the browser, even Comixology titles and Amazon streaming rentals — so maybe Apple forbids the use of direct links in-app to mobile browser pages?

(peeks)

Huh, even the iOS Amazon.app offers the category for digital music, but the purchase buttons are dimmed/deactivated, and it shows "Digital music is not available for purchase from this device." It similarly seems unable to purchase digital music through the web browser now as well. Huh.  :-\

Yeah, Apple disallowed links to external sites in like 2009 or so. About the time they introduced iBooks. A lot of companies were pissed because Apple started taking 30% of all in-app purchases.

IMO, 30% seems like highway robbery to me, and it should be like 1/3 of that. Of course, I stock up on iTunes cards at like 15% off face value too.

thisismyusername

« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2018, 11:06:38 PM »
My next phone may or may not be Android. I'm really getting tired of feeling trapped in Apple's econosphere.

While I like Android, the OS upgrade problem leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe my opinion would change if Treble was more readily adopted.

Tasty

« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2018, 11:41:03 PM »

While I like Android, the OS upgrade problem leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe my opinion would change if Treble was more readily adopted.

All phones that launch with Android 8.0+ are required to support Treble. For phones upgrading to 8.0+, it's optional - Treble was backported to the original Pixel phones and the Essential PH-1, but that's pretty much it because OEMs are laaaazzzyyyy.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2018, 01:44:40 AM »
I have the Essential and coming from someone who's used Android since 2012, it's actually pretty weird getting updates every month.

Tasty

« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2018, 01:49:25 AM »
They're doing it right. I hope they can last until their second phone.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »
In another 5 years Apple might be dead if they don't change their ways.

They're entire service offerings are fucking GARBAGE. How can they continue to be like this and think it's ok?

Siri- fuckinG BLOWS

Icloud- FUCKING BLOWS, why do they think hiding all your stuff within itself is good? people like folder options, they like how dropbox does things. Why not just copy what people like you STUPID FUCKS

Iphoto- is pure frustration. again, this comes back to icloud and it's team being dumb as fuck. It's confusing knowing what will or will not be deleted across devices, or how the fuck "streaming" your photos to your devices actually work. How about make it easy so a fucking nude doesn't pop up out of nowhere when you don't want it to? 

They leave pro end users behind- their "back to my mac" feature is such garbage (add this to icloud being junk). Does anyone know a decent remote desktop software for mac that isn't complete ass???

Itunes- i don't even have to say anything anymore. I'm about to switch to spotify. Everyone i know is on it. Might as well join and just delete the itunes software completely off all my shit.

homepod- is a laughing stock.

People are switching to amazon for almost everything it seems. They really need to come out with their own IOS type phone and software. Android is ok but it's a cluttered mess for me . If amazon came out with their own phone i think Apple would die overnight. They're selling alexas left and right, even my fucking mom bought one and loves it.

I can feel the change happening. Apple has a few more years left.

/rant.

kingv

« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2018, 11:00:38 AM »
Amazon did have a phone a few years ago.

They kind of fucked it up by pushing amazon too hard on it, from what I understand. It didn’t sell very well.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2018, 11:07:07 AM »
Amazon did have a phone a few years ago.

They kind of fucked it up by pushing amazon too hard on it, from what I understand. It didn’t sell very well.
i remember and that was a disaster but that was a few years ago. we're talking now, they're up, and their services are dominating.

i say they give it another shot.

thisismyusername

« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2018, 11:22:46 AM »
>implying Apple will die when they have homosexuals like NudeMacUser1of5 buying their shit

Good joke. They'll be niche like they were in the 90's. But I don't think they'll "die" like they were doing in the 90's.

nudemacusers

« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2018, 11:32:48 AM »
Ur fave alsorans will die before Apple tbh. 200 billy cash on hand buys several lifelines.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »
Apple really should just dump Siri and allow Google or Amazon or whoever else to sell their AIs like an app. Siri is never going to be able to compete at this point because Apple doesn’t harvest their users data.

iCloud would be alright if it integrated better with the OS X file system. If I save a PDF or something it should be in my documents folder on my Mac. Instead everything is tucked away in the iCloud folder where a lot of the file structure feels redundant.

And iPhoto ugh. It needs to be smarter. I was at a photo print kiosk at a store a few weeks ago trying to print pics of my kids. The guy behind me got a full view of my wife in all her glory because the damn hidden photos aren’t actually hidden. Even if you hide a photo it ends up in photo stream and Moments on all your other devices.