Author Topic: star trek  (Read 326836 times)

Re: star trek
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »
3)Patrick Stewart is just god.

He's amazing in anything.

"But it was too late. I'd already seen everything."

Yes.

It was pretty revealing how he explained his early chemistry (or lack thereof) with the rest of the cast. How he regretted being so distant from everyone, before he finally allowed himself to build a strong working and personal relationship with them. In fact, you can tell in the acting from the earlier seasons -- Picard seemed so stiff, bitter, and downright unapproachable in those earlier episodes.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »
Patrick Stewart is GOAT man

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
There was a thing a few years ago with Stewart (with a mustache), Frakes, Shatner and Nimoy hosted by Whoopi:

That guy has uploaded the whole thing.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2013, 12:50:17 AM »
That's pretty cool, thanks.

cool breeze

« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2013, 02:30:49 AM »
SiSSSko is A prEEEty draMaTic guy.  back when I watched the captains,  it got me thinking avery brooks toned down his natural tendencies for the role.  dude's on another level.

Brent Spiner and Jon Frakes aged the worst out of the bunch.  It's harder on Data as a character.  Riker just needs to convince us he's a ladies man, and, uh, that episode where his clone happened to get chubby too, after starving on a planet or w/e.

You could argue that Sir Patrick Stewart looked old when he was younger, but he's still looking baller in his 70s.  So dignified.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2013, 10:37:08 AM »
All of Star Trek is free on Hulu until March 31, get yo Jedi on
fat

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
I've mentioned it before but I don't like Deep Space nearly as much as certain pockets of the Internet do. I always thought I only saw 3 or 4 seasons of the show but I was looking at the episode descriptions last night on Netflix and apparently I stopped at the beginning of the final season. I'll finish it up then since I'm pretty close to the end.

I doubt I would be able to push myself to watch Voyager though. I saw 5 random episodes across the run of that show and I thought each one was worse than the last.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2013, 10:52:35 AM »
Watched a number of Deep Space Nine episodes last night in the final season. The funny thing is even some of those I've seen and just forgot. I think mainly what it comes down to is I haven't seen the last few. Not sure why that happened back in the day.

Watching it though has sort of made me realize, my main problem with trek from that era. Familiarity breeds contempt. With each Trek show I became more and more tired of seeing the same themes and ideas repeated over and over in a very similar format. Basically I like each Star Trek show less than the prior one. And its probably not even an issue of quality (except for Voyager which I think stinks from my limited viewing), it's just how many times can I see a malfunctioning holodeck episode or something is about to explode so let's fix it at the last second episode. To be fair Deep Space Nine is less of an offender here as its more about relationships between characters but still it has that Formula Star Trek feel and that's about when the formula started to feel tired for me.

Despite not being a mega fan of the movie reboot, I would welcome a new Star Trek show now though. Enough time has passed where I feel like a TV show would have a different feel. The way I feel TOS feels different than TNG but I still really like them both.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2013, 12:01:54 AM »
Yeah, I took to calling it Deep Space 90210, because it was always about the social drama between station regulars. Also, I hated the relationship, constant ragging, from Keiko to O'Brien. Put that woman in an airlock and vent it.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2013, 12:31:24 AM »
I've been mixing in some next generation episodes so I don't burn out. The thing is I'm only watching my favorite episodes or the ones considered the best so it sort of gives an unfair representation of how good next generation was. That nostalgia.

I haven't seen most of these since they aired unlike TOS which I saw many times in syndication and rewatched on DVD just 5 years ago or so.

I have a bad feeling I'm going to try to gut my way through voyager some day just to be a completionist.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2013, 02:34:35 AM »
Yeah, I've got a similar feeling. I keep thinking I want more Trek, and "it can't be that bad!"

In the end, I always remember that I was much easier to entertain earlier in life, and Voyager still wasn't enough to keep me hooked.

cool breeze

« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2013, 10:16:12 AM »
yeah, Voyager's last episode is barely linked to the series progression and you don't need to watch most of the show to 'get' the conclusion.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Show begins with them believing it takes 70 years to return home.  Every once in a while there's an event that pushes them forward, like Kes reducing it to 65 years or something.  Or when they could return, but don't, because Janeway's bad decisions.  Then in the last episode alternate future Janeway's cheats by giving them future tech, throwing them in a worm hole, and everyone wins.
[close]

And I tried going back to Enterprise.  Gave up 20 minutes later.  I will watch the original series one of these days, but the one-two of voyager and enterprise got me to back away from the franchise for now.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »
I put the finishing up on Deep Space Nine thing on hold because I was enjoying watching TNG. I'm probably about 3 to 5 episodes from finishing up all my favorites and then I'll go back to finishing off Deep Space.

It's been fun to rewatch that stuff. Some real classic TNG episodes and its easy to watch since it's not really serial and each episode is a one off. It's funny. I prefer a real serial storyline in my TV shows but I have to admit its easier to go back and watch really episodic stuff because you don't have to remember a bunch of plot stuff and it all stands alone.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2013, 10:29:31 AM »
USA

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2013, 02:18:21 AM »
Isn't ST on Netflix for free, or was that just a limited time?

When I was in the USA last year, I started pouring through them, but didn't get far before returning to Japan.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »
Watched the finale of Next Generation last night. You forget how damn good a finale that was. In general TNG when its at is best is better than I gave it credit for.

Eli Gulgin

« Reply #196 on: May 23, 2013, 02:28:16 PM »
Huh I watched the finale too just a few days ago. I almost cried lol :'(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
That is a damned fine finale to a show.

Too bad about those movies, huh?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2013, 09:39:43 PM »
That is a damned fine finale to a show.

Too bad about those movies, huh?

I actually think Star Trek: Insurrection was a good TNG movie just because it actually felt like TNG. It has a lot of good character moments, it was basically about them exploring this new planet and helping this small race of people and not like a epic FATE OF HUMANITY HANGING IN THE BALANCE, it felt good. It wasn't a good movie movie, but a good TNG movie.
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »
Sure, I can get with that.

But then Generations, and Nemesis make Encounter at Far Point look like high art.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2013, 02:42:37 AM »
I watched Measure of a Man this evening. I caught feelings.  :'(

I'm back on DS9. I should have that finished up by the weekend.

And I decided instead of being a complete loser and watching all of Voyager, I'll just be a partial loser and watch the 10 or 15 highest rated episodes. That will save me a lot of time while still being able to get a sense of what the series offered.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2013, 02:52:12 AM »
That's a pretty superb episode. Maddox was a great love-to-hate-him character. His arrogance was epic.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »
I'm finding it hard to maintain my interest in the final stretch of DS9 so I just said fuck it and started watching voyager. I expanded my plan. I'm going to watch any episode that has a decent imdb rating or any episodes that makes any significant best of List that I can find. Probably also all the season finales and such. So I'll save the DS9 finale to finish up with the Voyager finale at the same time.

So I will end up watching hopefully a decent amount of the "better" episodes while utterly avoiding the absolute worst ones. In a way its a bit fun. I've never watched a show in such a mercenary way before and whatever I think about Voyager it is almost completely new to me so that's always a little interesting at first.

I completely skipped the first season. The only episode that seems to be well regarded there is the pilot which I saw when it originally came on.

I watched about 7 or 8 episodes in the second season. It's been okay. The show is highly flawed of course but it does occasionally hit the high themes trek is known for.

"Tuvix" is a surprisingly decent episode about rights. It's almost a poor man's Measure of a Man with a twist. "Prototype" is a classic style trek episode that would feel at home in TOS and works well because of that. And Death Wish is another take on Measure of a Man except with suicide being the right fought over. Those were sort of the high points so far.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:57:25 AM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2013, 12:41:45 PM »
I've never found that series as interesting as a lot of internet people do. Different strokes and all that. I know my opinion is in the minority on that subject.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 12:45:50 PM by Stoney Mason »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2013, 04:29:02 PM »
On season 3, episode 4, Who Watches the Watchers

I loved everything about that episode.
nat

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2013, 06:53:47 PM »
Decided to give Stark Trek a shot. As a kid I used to sneak downstairs on Saturdays to watch the early cartoons; I'd always get up around 6PM, but the cartoons would start at 7PM. Next Generations came on around 6:30 or so, and I'd often find myself watching eps; it was interesting but I never really kept up with it. Likewise I had seen some of the original series thanks to my mom, but never got super into it.

I started on the first series, and last week I watched The Cage (netflix). It's not hard to see why that pilot failed; it's a very good episode, but very dense and throws you into the deep end of the pool. After that I watched The Man Trap, which is the Shatner pilot/reboot. Not as good as The Cage but pretty good nonetheless.

Eli Gulgin

« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2013, 08:55:58 PM »
Nah, TOS first or you won't appreciate it enough since you'd be comparing it with TNG the whole time. It just makes more sense to watch where it all began first as events and aliens have developed somewhat by TNG and it would be backwards to watch that first. I like going in chronological order anyway, I'm boring like that.

I should rewatch TOS again sometime soon.

Eli Gulgin

« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2013, 09:24:50 PM »
I never thought TOS looked dated. I mean okay it looks dated compared to scifi now but I've never had a problem with cheap sets and tacky wardrobe and whatever that was just normal for the time. Fuck me, I think I have a super great ability to travel back in time in my mind and imagine I'm watching old tv shows and movies at the time they were made, geez I'm so cool. No but really, watching something old and saying it's dated it's like no shit. Fucking Predator is dated and it's still one of the best movies ever. Or Hitchcock movies.

Oh and TNG is dated, the 80s haircuts, man. Beverly's hair in the pilot :-X The whole pilot is far worse than any TOS episode, thank Jebus TNG found its way later on.

cool breeze

« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2013, 09:25:34 PM »
problem with starting at TOS is that it's uphill to TNG, slight dip to DS9, then a steep drop from there to the Reboot.

i'm currently ending on TOS and it's nice to enjoy a Star Trek show again  :heart

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2013, 09:32:23 PM »
TOS and TNG both looked pretty nice once they shined them up for Blu-Ray. I've enjoyed rewatching both series.
©@©™

Stoney Mason

« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »
TOS has always been my favorite. I like the origin stuff and I like the big three more than any other Star Trek characters. Certainly childhood nostalgia plays a part in that. As far as filler TNG is just as filled with it. Not that I don't like TNG.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:52:00 PM by Stoney Mason »

cool breeze

« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2013, 11:04:45 PM »
TOS has always been my favorite. I like the origin stuff and I like the big three more than any other Star Trek characters. Certainly childhood nostalgia plays a part in that. As far as filler TNG is just as filled with it. Not that I don't like TNG.

Filler/frivolous episodes live or die on the characters, imo.  TOS and TNG have great casts, so fillers are another excuse see them interact with one another.  That's ultimately why Voyager and Enterprise didn't stick with me.  Save for The Doctor, I couldn't care about the characters on either show.  Comparatively, I could watch Picard or Bashir do nothing for 40 minutes and derive some entertainment.

Some of The Doctor's episodes on Voyagers are terrific.  He made watching Voyager worthwhile.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2013, 11:27:15 PM »
Filler/frivolous episodes live or die on the characters, imo.  TOS and TNG have great casts, so fillers are another excuse see them interact with one another.

Yeah that's my opinion. Looking back on Star Trek now, I like that it isn't really serialized and the episodes mostly stand on their own. For me good Trek shows are the ones where I can remember specific classic episodes and love to see those episodes again and again.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Stoney Mason

« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2013, 02:33:15 PM »
I'm already at season 4 of voyager. You have to remember though I skipped a ton of episodes including the first season completely.

Season 4 seems a little more interesting so I'll probably slow down a bit and watch more episodes as 7 of 9 is an initially interesting character and I'm curious to see the development there.

Like I say I have a very skewed perspective so far on voyager because I've skipped the bulk of episodes and only watched decent or highly rated episodes in a relative sense.

As sort of an overview the big problem I see is that it was just traditionally too typically trek for a premise that needs a lot more.

The show shares a lot of similarities conceptually to firefly and battlestar galactica and while those shows are not completely perfect they feel fully realized. Voyager has its foot in two worlds. It wants to be old style trek and evoke those same emotions and feels but it also wants to try to be modern and more emotional and dark. It can never really find the proper footing to bridge that gap. That being said I've enjoyed most of the episodes I've actually watched so far but once again with the caveat that I've skipped a bulk of the episodes and skipped nearly all of the absolute shit episodes that would completely sour me on the experience. 

Stoney Mason

« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2013, 11:07:58 PM »
About halfway through season 4. Things have slowed down considerably because I've watched every episode in Season 4. Once you actually start watching episodes at that frequency, the fatal flaw of the reset button because much more obvious and annoying. It's not like TOS or TNG don't have reset buttton episodes and hit them a lot. Even the finale episode of TNG is a reset button of sorts.

The problem is voyager's premise is much more dependent on the on-going nature of the situation. Things should matter a lot more from one episode to the next. And when they don't it becomes frustrating. There is a good 2 part episode I watched called Year of hell where a lot of dark and interesting stuff happens. But its all one big reset button because a time machine device resets everything. You can be sure when watching Voyager that if an episode has anything really provocative and interesting happen it will all be reset by the end of the episode by whatever plot device to reset things they come up with. You can't cheat people like that. It's like a continual dusty finish from wrestling or something to make a weird comparison.

I know this isn't an original observation about voyager because I had heard it myself before from many people but until I started watching continual episodes instead of just jumping around, I hadn't noticed it.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2013, 12:45:44 AM »
It's hilarious how often the Voyager  is invaded by Aliens and then they completely lose control of their ship completely only to gain it back it again. And its different than in the other series where they just end up meeting a god like entity who is more powerful than them. I mean Aliens literally board the ship in voyager. Capture them. Sometimes completely kick everybody off the ship or have everybody locked up with guns pointing at them. And they still manage to recover the ship. And this has happened a lot so far and I'm only 4 seasons in.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2013, 08:47:58 PM »
It's later revealed that those were all Janeway's holodeck fantasies.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2013, 01:17:22 PM »
I'm up to like Season 5 now. I still watch a lot of episodes but any episode that has a bad user rating I skip. like sub 7 score.

I think I can speak to the show now a bit more objectively. It's certainly the worst of the star trek shows I've seen. (I've never seen an episode of Enterprise). It's worse than TOS, TNG, DS9. That being said its also not as bad as I expected. That estimation probably stems from a number of things. I've skipped the worst of the episodes which would drag down my opinion. I've never seen the show so its fun to see new Star Trek and new characters. And certainly its been such awhile that I've watched any Trek that a bit of trek nostalgia is creeping in period.

The problems I mentioned earlier still exist and I'm sure will continue to exist. It's a formula show that has ambitions beyond being a formula show but doesn't have the creativity to stretch it there seems to be the main failing as an umbrella issue.

It's kinda fun to compare my expectations going in to what I think now. I was always told that Janeway was a really bad captain. I think she's quite good. Especially as an actress. If there are flaws with the character its how she bounces from upholding the prime directive to breaking it at the drop of the hat but that's more a writer's issue to me. I think she's more than solid. The doctor is also a very good character. The most unique and interesting character on the show by far played by a very good actor. In fact my favorite episode of the entire run so far has been "Latent Image" which is a doctor-centric episode and solely works because you buy into a great performance from him. Seven of 9 has been the most surprising. From the outside looking in the impression I got from the vocal Trek critics was that she was eye-candy solely to attract virgin nerds. The eye candy part is correct of course but she's also a very interesting character and honestly whether she or the doctor are featured is one of the influencing factors of whether I watch the episode or not. She's like a dark version of data. It would be more interesting if she was darker but that wasn't gonna happen on this kind of show.

The rest of the cast is either boring, bad, or vaguely competent. Honestly I think I have a soft spot for the show. I know its not the best Trek but there are enough episodes that remind me why I liked Trek that I just can't flat out hate it although I'm pretty sure if I had watched it when it was originally on I would be harsher on it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:19:03 PM by Stoney Mason »

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »
Soo, the image macro for Stoney watching Voyager would read:

*skips all of the shitty episodes of Voyager*

*wonders why everyone thinks Voyager was so shitty*

Well, duh.
MMA

Stoney Mason

« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
I don't wonder why everyone thinks its shitty. I'm pretty sure I actively understand why people think its shitty.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2013, 04:48:10 PM »
if you skipped all the shitty episodes of voyager, you might have a season of television

I essentially use this as a rough guide

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112178/epvote?ref_=ttep_ql_5

Along with a number of best of lists to make sure I don't miss anything regarded as "essential".

Anything below a score of 7.0 is generally dead on terrible and I try not to watch it unless its an important plot related episode or its an episode that at least sounds interesting. A lot of the lower 7 episodes are also really bad which I say from experience.The earlier seasons were especially hit hard here.

Sometimes I get on jags though where even then I will watch a bad episode. I watched all of season 4 for instance and intend to watch a lot of the later season episodes since I've already watched far more episodes than I originally planned.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:56:40 PM by Stoney Mason »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2013, 11:01:26 PM »
if you skipped all the shitty episodes of voyager, you might have a season of television

Yes, I was just thinking that TNG, there are re-edited versions of episodes which show to theater audiences; they're that good. There are best-of collections, and whole arcs which are just made of win.

Then there's Voyager, where you could probably have a best-of collection on a single DVD.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2013, 03:25:40 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2014, 11:17:52 PM »

Himu

« Reply #225 on: January 13, 2014, 12:17:30 AM »

:rejoice :lawd
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2014, 12:30:11 AM »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2014, 12:49:19 AM »
this is the most perfect thing ever
pcp

benjipwns

« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2014, 01:35:33 AM »
I'm very conflicted emotionally about the fact that YouTube listed it as "Recommended For You" on the home page.

Himu

« Reply #229 on: January 19, 2014, 02:11:56 AM »
You're conflicted a video that has 1,216,591 views was recommended to you?
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2014, 02:44:28 AM »
Because the algorithm is illustrating that I've watched enough Star Trek videos and multi-hour videos like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXRAsUOblV4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh7lp9umG2I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09m0B8RRiEE

To begin suggesting combinations for me.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2014, 03:19:09 AM »
"I think its home and its heart is really in television. That's really what Star Trek is - the core concept is really a TV show.

"I think the features are good and I really admire what JJ Abrams has done with the last two films - I think it's great - but the heart and soul of that franchise demands a return to television.

"The kinds of stories that you'll tell in the features space are not the kinds of stories that made that show so popular. The features all have to be action-oriented.

"They all have to have enormous stakes - the Earth or the Federation or the universe has to be in jeopardy - and the features always have to surround the Captain… and maybe one other character.

"The TV shows were morality plays, they were more thematic, they were examining society in different ways. Sometimes the stakes were just one crew member's life, sometimes the stakes were just one alien world or the Enterprise.

"You could do a story that was just about Data (Brent Spiner) or a story that was just about McCoy (DeForest Kelley) or about the characters who lived below decks on the Enterprise.

"The TV show is really what Star Trek is to me. I think the features are great, but I think it has to return to TV if it's going to remain an ongoing franchise."

Moore went on to admit that he would "love" to bring Trek back to television, so is a TV revival for Gene Roddenberry's great space odyssey just around the corner? Well… not quite.

"I'd love to do Star Trek again, in all honesty," Moore said. "But I also don't have a great new Star Trek idea.

"I'm not saying I know exactly how to do a new TV show - I don't. Maybe I shouldn't do it until I have that great epiphany!"

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/tubetalk/a548825/star-trek-the-sci-fi-sagas-heart-is-in-television-says-ron-moore.html

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2014, 08:49:55 AM »
I'd be so much more excited by that guy's TV show than I am for JJ Abrams' nuTrek movies.

I mean, they're OK, but they're not really Star Trek feeling for me, just as Nemesis was.

benjipwns

« Reply #233 on: March 30, 2014, 03:22:58 AM »
Found out you can stream/download all the TNG Remasters on Amazon Video, been watching some random season one.

God Awful Trek has never looked so good.  :lawd
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:36:01 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #234 on: March 30, 2014, 03:30:25 AM »
Also, PREPARE FOR MAXIMUM ACCELERATION.

LET ME TELL YOU ALL AGAIN, MAXIMUM ACCELERATION.

I NEED TO WARN YOU, THIS IS MAXIMUM, NOT MINIMUM, NOT A LOT, NOT ALMOST, BUT FULL MAXIMUM ACCELERATION.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #235 on: March 30, 2014, 03:44:05 AM »
Found out you can stream/download all the TNG Remasters on Amazon Video, been watching some random season one.

God Awful Trek has never looked so good.  :lawd

Another good reason for me to ditch my Amazon Prime account: all this good shit is not available from my current location. And before anyone chimes in about VNC or spoofing my IP, I just want the stuff to work; I am fully capable of torrenting this shit far more easily than they're making it, when I'm theoretically paying for it.

benjipwns

« Reply #236 on: March 30, 2014, 04:34:30 AM »
That stinks. I had seen the previews, comparisons and stuff but seeing these in 720p/1080p on a nice screen is just too much.  :drool

Last saw these when WGN was airing them every night off tape or whatever.  The higher quality somehow makes the 80's limitations seem less apparent in a lot of ways, probably the lighting differences. Except for some of the special effects they can't really do anything about like the cheapo tiny model cities being blown up or something. That damn purple hue.

Encounter at Farpoint is like 3GB or something, I'm glad I didn't queue them all up for download other than this one.  :lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 04:43:57 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #237 on: April 01, 2014, 07:35:21 PM »
Need to go back and tell eight year old me I'm watching TNG on what's basically a PADD but probably better.  :omg

Himu

« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »
I've been rewarching tng and I've been stuck on the crappy episode where Dr Crusher disappears from the ship on season 3 for about two weeks now. It is so bad
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #239 on: April 01, 2014, 07:51:21 PM »
IIRC Patrick Stewart and Gates McFadden didn't get along well, which is why she left the show for a bit, and the horribad mostly-a-Bones-McCoy-because-she's-harassing-Data Replacement Doctor was used for a while. Knowing the actors didn't get along made it harder to enjoy the Picard/Crusher maybe-they-will angle, just the same way as for Anderson/Duchovny in X-Files.

When I go back and re-watch ST:TNG, it never involves season 1, and usually starts with s3. There were a few stinkers in there, but not many.

Plus s3 is where writers realized that the best way to make Worf look like a badass ISN'T by using him to show how badass the monster is by beating up Worf.