Author Topic: It's 20XX and people are mad online about Star War!  (Read 557718 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: How bout that Star War huh?
« Reply #3660 on: July 09, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »
lol at the lore behind this being as incoherent as Star Trek's similar "credits" in an economy that is otherwise borderline without scarcity

*opens the article about Caldari currencies and reads* *exhales, relaxed*

kingv

« Reply #3661 on: July 10, 2019, 11:10:17 AM »
Qui-Gon faked his death while Obi-Wan became the inside man, but Anakin had seen too much so they had to "train" him to make sure he didn't screw the whole thing up. In AOTC when they go into the seedy parts of town, Obi-Wan knows everything about it because of his side business. And he's gotta get Anakin out of the way to handle business so he assigns him to watch the Queen.

Yoda figures the whole thing out and demands a cut, that's why he's got an exit to Dagobah ready immediately. And that's also why they send Mace Windu to confront the Emperor, because he was getting too close to both operations.

At some point Yoda and Obi-Wan probably had Qui-Gon have an "accident" while they were "on the run" and frame the Empire for it.

You forgot the scene where Yoda (aka Yodaddy) rationalizes hisnpedophilia as saying adults “are too big for him”. And that he is tall enough to consent, so so is a child.

“Consent he does”

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3662 on: July 10, 2019, 12:57:36 PM »
Yoda only looks like a small child, canonically he’s 900 years old.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3663 on: July 10, 2019, 02:29:56 PM »
The Jedi Council is a religious group that takes little kids away from their parents and turns them into emotion-less soldiers.
dog

Occam

« Reply #3664 on: July 15, 2019, 11:29:18 AM »
After Red Letter Media's predictions for Episode 9 made me think about the Star War again, there is one question I would like answered. Why did Disney give Episode 8 to Rian Johnson, to both direct AND write? To a guy who didn't care about Star Wars and who hadn't made a single great movie before?
It's no suprise that after the unsalvageable train wreck Last Jedi turned out to be no halfway decent writer wanted to touch Episode 9 so they had to resort to the guy responsible for Batman v Superman,  but after the relatively successful (if derivative) Episode 7, why did Disney entrust their Billion-dollar franchise to Johnson? They even meant to give him the entire next trilogy, before proving he was actually any good. It makes no sense.

Tasty

« Reply #3665 on: July 15, 2019, 11:48:06 AM »
Honestly I think Disney did that as a semi-response to the whole "Disney™ corporate overlords are demanding too much and stifling creativity." So they probably went "OK is that what you think? BAM full creative control to one of the most-hyped scifi filmmakers of the current era."

Kathleen Kennedy is just a big dope and chose the wrong people. To be fair, Johnson didn't seem like a bad choice, but they probably expected him to turn into what Villeneuve has become.

I would have been surprised they canned Trevorrow, but as this post implies, Disney is overreactionary to a fault when it comes to the Star Wars® franchise.

paprikastaude

« Reply #3666 on: July 15, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »
to one of the most-hyped scifi filmmakers of the current era."

:confused

Himu

« Reply #3667 on: July 15, 2019, 11:54:20 AM »
to one of the most-hyped scifi filmmakers of the current era."

:confused

Looper got tons of hype in a time when sci-fi films were few and far between. It's credited as being one of the reasons for the current boom in sci-fi film.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #3668 on: July 15, 2019, 12:01:10 PM »
Yeah.

Because of Looper, the hype around Rian was reaching a fever pitch right before Disney announced him as director, and then the announcement blew him up even further.

Tasty

« Reply #3669 on: July 15, 2019, 12:01:59 PM »
Is Johnson still getting his own trilogy btw? :thinking

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #3670 on: July 15, 2019, 12:03:53 PM »
Looper :bow2

Joseph Gordon-Levitt being made up to look like Bruce Willis :bow2

Occam

« Reply #3671 on: July 15, 2019, 12:05:31 PM »
Is Johnson still getting his own trilogy btw? :thinking

Nope, that plan has supposedly been scrapped after how much everybody loved Last Jedi.

Tasty

« Reply #3672 on: July 15, 2019, 12:09:27 PM »
Fun fact about Chris Terrio AKA "the BvS writer guy," when he was announced as working on BvS people were excited because "Ben's bringing in his awesome writer friend from Argo to fix up Snyder's crap."

And honestly I don't blame him for BvS and JL, most of the blame lays at Snyder's feet. Writers can admittedly have much more of a pockmarked reputation, with past failures and triumphs not correlating as strongly for future work as compared to directors.

I can't remember the specific examples off the top of my head, but I do know of at least two writers who basically just wrote shit movies... until they got on Oscar for writing. And a screenplay can get mangled on its way to the screen in a variety of ways.

Anyways didn't mean to end up stealth-defending Chris Terrio of all people, but let me just say this: at least he ain't Goyer.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've also been known to stealth-defend Goyer at various points, mostly off the back of all the awesome comics stuff he convinced Nolan to include in Batman Begins.
[close]

paprikastaude

« Reply #3673 on: July 15, 2019, 12:25:22 PM »
The fact that Bat-Superman-guy still has this kind of job proves that in reality it must all be nepotism.

Himu

« Reply #3674 on: July 15, 2019, 12:31:03 PM »
I mean, yeah. There's few ways to save BvS if the director wants it done a certain way. Good writers have also done a lot of crap. I mean, Zack Snyder movies tend to have very specific directorial film making. He's very much always going to stick on his vision.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3675 on: July 15, 2019, 12:34:51 PM »
The fact that Bat-Superman-guy still has this kind of job proves that in reality it must all be nepotism.

Or it's because it made  872.7 million dollars in the box office.

He has a writing credit in a film that made that much money. That's a lot of exposure. Quality doesn't matter, what matters is if it sells.

The only way you're booted from the film industry is by:

A. making a colossal bomb. Think Final Fantasy The Spirits Within or Water World.

or

B. do something like get #MeToo'd (see: Mel Gibson)

This is why D&D will still have careers even after the botched GoT ending: they ran the biggest tv show on television.

Ultimately, film is a business and you need people with a reputation for making money. It's also why Shyamalan still makes films. The Happening had a budget of 48 million and made back 163 million. After Earth cost 130-150 million and made back 243 million.

It's all about those Benjamins.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 12:44:31 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #3676 on: July 15, 2019, 12:45:26 PM »

Hollywood executives value writers differently than the general public. In addition to writing scripts that end up being made into successful movies, the ability to quickly jump on projects and "fix" storyline problems is coveted too.

"Nepotism" is a negative spin on the neutral concept of working with your friends and people you like. I wouldn't begrudge David Lynch for asking Kyle Maclachlan to be in something new, for instance. And if Terrio had ideas on how to make BvS work better than it was at the time, that was probably taken into account too. Sometimes a blockbuster script goes through 6+ writers, all pitching their own ideas and trying to make it work.

Not saying that's the case for Terrio, but one of the hardest things to determine about writers is if they can actually write. That seems counterintuitive, but it's pretty easy to write a bad script. Bad meaning, not even properly formatted, characters just saying what they feel, etc.

Himu

« Reply #3677 on: July 15, 2019, 12:50:43 PM »
Writers are also good for just making stories in general. Hollywood agents are always looking for the next script. So writers are coveted.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #3678 on: July 15, 2019, 12:51:43 PM »
In general, writers are treated like trash until the WGA forces Hollywood not to. :doge

Tasty

« Reply #3679 on: July 15, 2019, 12:54:38 PM »
Hollywood agents are always looking for the next script.

Unfortunately, these days they're just looking for the next brand. And they pretty much lock a decent director down and throw any rando or set of rando screenwriters at it so they can keep the rights and set up the next multi-billion-dollar Cinematic Universe.

Spec scripts are almost entirely dead past the $10 mil budget mark, and while Hollywood most likely won't change that, digital distribution probably will. So there's some hope there.

Himu

« Reply #3680 on: July 15, 2019, 12:59:09 PM »
Yeah, in a lot of film books I've been reading they say the script is the most valued thing in Hollywood. The first thing anyone ever asks is,"do you have a script?" Lots (most) of people don't have scripts. You can film an acclaimed short film, and then agents will be on your door waiting for your next film. Oh, but you only did that short film and don't have a script for the next. But those agents want that script. If you are unable to have a script available then you don't have a movie.

So studios like people that are reliable and provide scripts.

Someone who can provide a script and also happens to have a writing credit for a movie that made back almost a billion dollars is something anyone who is making the next Star Wars movie would be willing to invest in.
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #3681 on: July 15, 2019, 01:36:25 PM »
Honestly, the problem with TLJ isn’t necessarily Riann Johnson, imo, the problem is they set out to do a trilogy without having any plan or backstory. So they ended up writing a “trilogy” one movie at a time without any idea what the overall story arc would be.

A Riann Johnson trilogy might end up being really good if he controlled it from start to finish.

Tasty

« Reply #3682 on: July 15, 2019, 01:46:13 PM »
I agree. He's a competent filmmaker.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3683 on: July 15, 2019, 01:53:57 PM »
I actually like TLJ and I'm still shocked that Disney/LucasFilm thought it was a good idea to have each movie be made by different writers/directors with seemingly no cohesive, over-arching plan.
dog

kingv

« Reply #3684 on: July 15, 2019, 02:01:23 PM »
Me too. From the company that brought you
The MCU it’s really amateurish and incompetent... like you have this billion dollar franchise and your plan is to
Just play it by ear?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3685 on: July 15, 2019, 02:07:56 PM »
Just look at this:

-Freakout over Colin Trevorrow's awful indie movie and boot him from Episode 9
-Freakout over TLJ underperforming and cancel Rian Johnson's trilogy
-Freakout over Solo bombing and cancel the other spinoffs

This whole endeavor has been a big mess, mostly because they just figured they could instantly replicate the MCU's endless success without having to put in the hard work.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #3686 on: July 15, 2019, 02:08:35 PM »
They got extremely lucky with Feige.

And if one or two of the Phase 1 movies had been a total bomb (or possibly even critically raked over the coals like BvS and JL), he might have been out on his ass and whatever replacement Disney got probably would have cocked the whole thing up.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3687 on: July 15, 2019, 02:11:58 PM »
And if one or two of the Phase 1 movies had been a total bomb (or possibly even critically raked over the coals like BvS and JL), he might have been out on his ass and whatever replacement Disney got probably would have cocked the whole thing up.

It's hard to remember now, but all of Phase 1 [except Hulk and Avengers] were released by Paramount.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #3688 on: July 15, 2019, 02:12:52 PM »
True, but Disney took the reigns in 2009 and would have been able to boot Feige from Marvel Studios had something gone wrong.

paprikastaude

« Reply #3689 on: July 15, 2019, 02:24:00 PM »
To replicate the MCU clearly you have to insert shitty oneliners and tension breaking jokes into your movies.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 02:37:15 PM by Spieler1 »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3690 on: July 15, 2019, 02:49:22 PM »
"Now THAT'S the power of math!"

"You guys, this is so.  Fucking.  Cool!!"
Uncle

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3691 on: July 16, 2019, 02:33:42 AM »
After Red Letter Media's predictions for Episode 9 made me think about the Star War again, there is one question I would like answered. Why did Disney give Episode 8 to Rian Johnson, to both direct AND write? To a guy who didn't care about Star Wars and who hadn't made a single great movie before?
It's no suprise that after the unsalvageable train wreck Last Jedi turned out to be no halfway decent writer wanted to touch Episode 9 so they had to resort to the guy responsible for Batman v Superman,  but after the relatively successful (if derivative) Episode 7, why did Disney entrust their Billion-dollar franchise to Johnson? They even meant to give him the entire next trilogy, before proving he was actually any good. It makes no sense.

Jesus Christ, shut your whore mouth, you tumescent knob. Rian Johnson made:
Brick
Looper
The Brothers Bloom

3 episodes of Breaking Bad
1 episode of Terriers, a Bore Beloved Project(tm)

What have you ever done with your life?

:triggered_redhead_lady.gif

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3692 on: July 16, 2019, 02:51:45 AM »
I've made a video of my G.I. Joes fighting

Kara

« Reply #3693 on: July 16, 2019, 03:13:21 AM »
And a lot of bad posts. :rodney

spoiler (click to show/hide)
love u bb
[close]

Occam

« Reply #3694 on: July 16, 2019, 03:20:23 AM »
Not a fan of Looper, just too many illogical elements for my taste (no, not calling them plot holes as they aren't necessarily holes in the plot, just plot points that make no sense). His other movies fared worse critically. Seeing how Last Jedi also contains lots of illogical stuff, maybe that's his thing.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #3695 on: July 16, 2019, 06:40:20 AM »
rian johnson has been permanently stuck in his second year of film school.

saw brick at a friend's birthday. my friend is desperately uncool in that way that can only be achieved by trying to be cool 100% of the time. suffice to say he loved brick and it was trash.
saw brothers bloom on a punt at the cinema, didn't even realise it was rian johnson despite it having all the same hallmarks of immensely lame fedora characters who only total loser would think are hot shit.
saw looper on a student night in a cinema full of dickheads. i fucking hate dickheads at the cinema, but their constant shit talking was somehow more coherent and less try hard than the film. better than the other two though.

even his breaking bad episodes are stuffed full of his loser nerd ideas of what would be a cool out there shot or bit of blocking, all so deliberate and irritating that it takes you completely out of the scene.

i'm sure he has enough basic skills to be a standard issue rent-a-hack, but his nasal delusions of grandeur wouldn't let him just hit something with a straight bat.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 10:21:20 AM by headwalk »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3696 on: July 16, 2019, 10:09:04 AM »
To replicate the MCU clearly you have to insert shitty oneliners and tension breaking jokes into your movies.

They clearly tried with the shitty Poe humor in TLJ, which imo is one of the only serious gripes people should have with the movie.
yar

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3697 on: July 16, 2019, 11:33:01 AM »
I still can't believe Poe is considered a main character, he feels like a tertiary character

I feel nothing
Uncle

agrajag

« Reply #3698 on: July 16, 2019, 12:47:16 PM »
say what you will about MCU but they have shown a level of polish and cohesion that the Disney SW team can only hope to replicate. Whatever they are doing clearly resonates with the masses. Maybe they should ask Kevin Feige to give them some pointers. It's kind of amateur hour how they don't have an outline for the current trilogy and the directors are seemingly having to retcon each other's plots.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3699 on: July 16, 2019, 11:20:45 PM »
Kevin Feige was given the power by Disney to say "no" to Ike Perlmutter, the man who is technically his boss as the CEO of Marvel Entertainment. That's how much trust they have in Feige as a person. That's borderline the powers Disney gave to Pixar when they were the animation Gods who walked the Earth.

When Disney/Marvel took the reigns over completely Perlmutter wanted to change all sorts of shit that Feige had been able to put in motion/place because he was the go between with Paramount. One was that Perlmutter wanted rid of Hawkeye and Black Widow after he thought they were wastes of "good slots" in the first Avengers. (Plus he hates Jeremy Renner for something in the past IIRC.)

benjipwns

« Reply #3700 on: July 16, 2019, 11:51:17 PM »
Fun fact about Chris Terrio AKA "the BvS writer guy," when he was announced as working on BvS people were excited because "Ben's bringing in his awesome writer friend from Argo to fix up Snyder's crap."

And honestly I don't blame him for BvS and JL, most of the blame lays at Snyder's feet. Writers can admittedly have much more of a pockmarked reputation, with past failures and triumphs not correlating as strongly for future work as compared to directors.
Chris Terrio and Zack Snyder were in complete agreement on BvS and JL and what would be then JL2 as an arc coming out of Man of Steel. Terrio is the one who wrote the original Justice League script that Warners deemed unfilmable which would take place after the release of the Anti-Life Equation and Superman under Darkseid's control. The arc would end in Superman's display of being the ultimate hero by ultimately resisting Darkseid and saving the day that the rest of the Justice League could not do incomplete.

They were ordered to rewrite completely and bring back Superman early. Then when Snyder finished his work cut, Warners deemed it unreleasable and hired Joss Whedon to rewrite it. Joss was given so much power (which he resisted having been put in that position himself) that when Snyder's daughter died Snyder told Joss he'd bail out and he should just direct the expected massive reshoots.

If you remember, the original tagline for Justice League was #UniteTheSeven. There's only six Justice Leaguers in the film even after Supes is brought back to life. The plot makes no sense because it's two separate films mashed together, that's also why half the movie is the Justice League standing around talking because of the reshoot costs and the other half is some random Russian family doing close up reaction shots to things never shown on screen, they could only just edit the already done action scenes Snyder directed. Which is super obvious from looking at the trailers versus how the same exact scenes appear in the movie.

I don't think you can blame Terrio, Snyder OR Whedon. Warners execs wanted the film out to get their bonuses from it being released by a certain date. So none of the three got to completely script, shoot and finish a film. And Warners didn't think to impose any demands as to what the film had to contain until Whedon was made director (officially only for reshoots but potentially for an entirely new film) and they already knew what they didn't want from having seen Snyder's rough cut but were never going to give Whedon the time or budget to shoot it.

The infamous CGI'd off mustache was entirely unnecessary, Tom Cruise injured himself and they shut down shooting Mission Impossible, Henry Cavill could totally have regrown his mustache by the time shooting on it started again, but Warners didn't want to pay the couple million insurance agreement on it because they were pinching every penny possible having done nothing to stop the film's total budget from hitting $500 million before realizing they hated it and wanted it out asap. They didn't even use the same effects company but found the cheapest contractors available to do the hundreds of effects needed in the reshoots and edits alone.

This is why Warners completely turned around and confirmed the DCEU after cancelling it and all the related films not already in production, they assumed it was nothing they had done to Justice League, it was the brand being bad and Marvel just being lucky. Then Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman both did near a billion despite being "dark", and then against literally all expectations Aquaman made a legit billion despite James Wan getting to do it however he wanted because it was the least attractive character, and now the DCEU is totally alive with sequels boarded into 2022 and even Ben Affleck back in good graces with the studio and both him and Gadot now permanently owning producer credits. (Except Green Lantern, The Seventh Member, which they're still afraid of because of 2011's film and only was boarded in the first place because of Geoff Johns.)

Disney is making the same exact panic decisions Warners did, they're looking at Solo's disaster (from the corporate POV of what was happening on set) and TLJ's heavy drop-offs and their own panic fussing over Rise, ignoring that Rogue One nearly did a billion despite the studio fussing endlessly over it, and even knowing that Rise of the Skywalker will do two billion basically no matter what and this being a proven 40 year old brand. As much is made of the proliferation of film franchises it's hilarious that two of the largest entertainment corporations are being so conservative and paranoid about two of their biggest brands possible. They actually weren't/aren't throwing shit out as fast as they can to make bucks from China, they're treating the brands almost as if they'll become worthless overnight if they aren't handheld from top to bottom even though the MCU has proven all of this wrong about everything from the IPs themselves (Guardians being the easiest example, but Iron Man actually being the original and best) to the directors and writers involved to the studio oversight to fretting over the associated brands even though everyone is showing their ability to be totally capable of NOT BEING CONFUSED by multiple Spider-Man films happening plus all other Spider-Man media out there.

It all makes now the ultimate time to armchair quarterback the Star War franchise  :snob

agrajag

« Reply #3701 on: July 17, 2019, 12:06:04 AM »
for my money, Perlmutter was right, they're lame superheroes. Yeah a bunch of demigods are brawling and this regular ass dude is running around with a bow and arrow, what is he doing

benjipwns

« Reply #3702 on: July 17, 2019, 12:11:12 AM »
at least he's got epic aiming powers, and probably trick arrows, Black Widow's just got a pair of handguns that have to actually be reloaded

thankfully she's also got a tight black leather outfit

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3703 on: July 17, 2019, 12:14:25 AM »
for my money, Perlmutter was right, they're lame superheroes. Yeah a bunch of demigods are brawling and this regular ass dude is running around with a bow and arrow, what is he doing

his best
Uncle

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3704 on: July 17, 2019, 01:34:53 AM »
Not a fan of Looper, just too many illogical elements for my taste (no, not calling them plot holes as they aren't necessarily holes in the plot, just plot points that make no sense). His other movies fared worse critically. Seeing how Last Jedi also contains lots of illogical stuff, maybe that's his thing.
Thank you for being more civil than I was in my response, and I respect your willingness not to drop to cheap name-calling.

rian johnson has been permanently stuck in his second year of film school.

saw brick at a friend's birthday. my friend is desperately uncool in that way that can only be achieved by trying to be cool 100% of the time. suffice to say he loved brick and it was trash.
saw brothers bloom on a punt at the cinema, didn't even realise it was rian johnson despite it having all the same hallmarks of immensely lame fedora characters who only total loser would think are hot shit.
saw looper on a student night in a cinema full of dickheads. i fucking hate dickheads at the cinema, but their constant shit talking was somehow more coherent and less try hard than the film. better than the other two though.

even his breaking bad episodes are stuffed full of his loser nerd ideas of what would be a cool out there shot or bit of blocking, all so deliberate and irritating that it takes you completely out of the scene.

i'm sure he has enough basic skills to be a standard issue rent-a-hack, but his nasal delusions of grandeur wouldn't let him just hit something with a straight bat.
Feel free to read the other post to Occam, for which I just apologized.

I think Brothers Bloom is an unrecognized classic, but go ahead and base your opinion on boxoffice returns.

I do like the phrase "nasal delusions of grandeur" though, as an LA refugee.

Tasty

« Reply #3705 on: July 17, 2019, 10:30:00 AM »
If you remember, the original tagline for Justice League was #UniteTheSeven. There's only six Justice Leaguers in the film even after Supes is brought back to life.

:thinking

What the fuck Warners?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3706 on: July 17, 2019, 10:39:41 AM »
If you remember, the original tagline for Justice League was #UniteTheSeven. There's only six Justice Leaguers in the film even after Supes is brought back to life.

:thinking

What the fuck Warners?

Booster Gold joins the Justice League. :lawd
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #3707 on: July 17, 2019, 11:39:25 AM »
Also fuck Tsujihara, he should have been ousted over JL not some #metoo shit.

Tasty

« Reply #3708 on: July 17, 2019, 03:33:05 PM »
I mean the #metoo shit should have got him canned too of course, but he shouldn't have even been CEO by that point anyways IMO.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3709 on: July 17, 2019, 03:36:28 PM »
Also fuck Tsujihara, he should have been ousted over JL not some #metoo shit.

Jedi Last ?
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #3710 on: July 17, 2019, 03:57:30 PM »
Justice League.

Kevin Tsujihara was the CEO of Warner Bros. during its production, but was ousted earlier this year when text messages revealed he casting couch'd some woman.

Why we're talking about Snyder and everything ITT specifically is hard to explain but you can track it through the last page or two. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #3711 on: July 17, 2019, 04:09:02 PM »
Snyder doing Ep 9 would have been the one movie of his I'd look forward to. Cindi and I would be feasting for days

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3712 on: July 17, 2019, 05:16:52 PM »
Snyder is a hack/fraud.
dog

Occam

« Reply #3713 on: July 17, 2019, 05:24:32 PM »
Btw, I doubt there'll be time travel in Ep 9, that's just too awful. And I also doubt that Luke will be back as anything more than a force ghost. And as for the emperor returning, maybe they'll simply introduce Sith force ghosts.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3714 on: July 17, 2019, 05:27:35 PM »
A Sith force ghost makes the most sense or maaaybe a character being possessed by the Emperor's spirit, something like that. The EU did have a lot of stuff about Emperor clones and such, but I just don't see that coming up here. Or time travel. Either of those would just be too far out of left field or ridiculous.
dog

Occam

« Reply #3715 on: July 17, 2019, 05:48:27 PM »
If they want to undo everything, they could always do it this way:

;)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3716 on: July 17, 2019, 06:41:21 PM »
Would a Snyder Star Wars be better or worse than BvS?

I have to think it would be worse on a personal level just because on the whole, I'm still fonder of SW than DC comics. It would be objectively terrible, of course.
yar

Himu

« Reply #3717 on: July 17, 2019, 06:49:37 PM »
Snyder is a hack/fraud.

But sometimes I want to see a train wreck. Is that so much to ask?
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #3718 on: July 18, 2019, 05:28:58 AM »
It couldn't be worse than Snyder adapting The Fountainhead and there'd probably be a few pretty cool action scenes. Don't know about Episode Nine, but one of the side stories, with a bunch of Guardians expy characters hanging out in Hutt Space or some shit.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3719 on: July 18, 2019, 09:10:59 AM »
Release the Snyder Cut of Rise of Skywalker.
©@©™