Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 530587 times)

Beezy

Re: Super Struggle Thread II: Turbo
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2015, 03:55:47 PM »
Just shattered my phone screen for the first time ever. All the drops that my phone took on concrete/asphalt like a pro and a fall from my bed to my wood flooring shatters the screen. :stahp

Now I'm gonna have to buy a new phone on contract and be stuck with Verizon for another 2 years. I don't even care for any of the phones available right now, so I might as well take the L and get the Galaxy S6. At least I'd finally have a smartphone with a good camera. Only other options I'd consider are the 2nd gen Moto X and the LG G4.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2015, 02:28:04 AM »
Someday I'll be living in a big ole city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Why you gotta be so mean?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2015, 02:39:52 AM »
Just shattered my phone screen for the first time ever. All the drops that my phone took on concrete/asphalt like a pro and a fall from my bed to my wood flooring shatters the screen. :stahp

Now I'm gonna have to buy a new phone on contract and be stuck with Verizon for another 2 years. I don't even care for any of the phones available right now, so I might as well take the L and get the Galaxy S6. At least I'd finally have a smartphone with a good camera. Only other options I'd consider are the 2nd gen Moto X and the LG G4.

I had a 3Gs years ago that I absolutely beat the fuck out of. Distinct memory walking home drunk in NC and drop my phone at a major intersection in front of a cop at 2 am. It slid the whole way across the road and hit the sidewalk too. Totally fine save some scratches on the back.

Like a year later I'm drinking on new years and it drops off a kitchen counter and the screen completely shatters. Pieces actually came out.

« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2015, 07:38:55 AM »
No more beer again, ever.

Totally gonna work!

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2015, 11:25:58 AM »
Got drunk and accidentally made a move on an ex-gf last night. :sabu I only tried it because she was showing obv buttlust towards me all night imo and I eventually gave in after drinking enough. Didn't pan out though, my self-sabotage powers saved me from going through with it. 

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2015, 12:40:08 PM »
Okay, I'm on my morning Mio Energy buzz so I'll clarify. Due to circumstance the most recent ex-gf and I have resumed communications for the first time since we broke up almost a year ago. (edit - I broke up with her / left her for another woman. Oops.  :() There's been a slight re-kindling, which has been weirding me out since I thought we had a clean break. It's like on one hand I don't have any desire at all for us to get back together, but on the other hand I'm also horribly lonely. :larry  So anyways, she shows up last night while I'm having a few drinks with an associate and starts getting all cuddly with the dude right in front of me. Apparently they've met previously and now have some sort of thing together. He's a nice enough guy...but tbh I consider him to be my inferior so it kinda grossed me out to see her into him like that. I'm a narcissistic asshole  so my first assumption is that she's doing this to make me jealous and provoke me into making a move. But I don't play that game.  :ufup I blew it off and went home feeling like a winner.

But looking back now, I can see that instead of showing indifference like I thought, I was actually a manipulative fuck the whole time. Knowing the dude is skilled at creeping out girls, I very persuasively encouraged him to 100% follow his instincts with her. :sabu I also kept offering him drinks in a move to erode his judgement. And then when I had a moment alone with her, I teased her about it, which made her blush and deny having any romantic feelings toward him. I'm sure whatever they have will be short lived anyways, but I did my best job of ensuring it's quick demise just to satisfy my ego.  :aah

But then I fuck it all up by trying to get cozy with her after he leaves.  I can never just walk away. :shaq2
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:47:16 PM by king of the internet »

Beezy

« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2015, 01:11:40 PM »
 :lol

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »
I love this forum.  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2015, 09:29:55 PM »
Woke up the other day with what looks like the afterimage of a light burned into my right eye.  Went to a doctor and was told it's not a detached retina or anything series, but instead is just a big grey eye floater.  They can't do anything about it so I just have to deal with it.   :'(  Depends on what I'm looking at for how noticeable it is.  Fortunately from my experience with eye floaters and generally horrible eyesight, my brain will learn to ignore it with time.
ど助平

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »
I got a sliver of metal in my left eye a long time ago when I worked at a metal shop. Idiot was using the grinder facing me instead of away from me. The doctor got it out with a magnet, but if I concentrate on it I can see the scar.
©ZH

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2015, 07:24:00 PM »
One thing I can't even think about is having crap happen to my eyes. You guys are brave to deal with it so cavalierly.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2015, 09:00:46 PM »
Got drunk and starting rewatching gundam wing. this is dumb

I really need to pick up a hobby
dur

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2015, 09:27:09 PM »
Did you get hyped up by all those intro posts?

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2015, 09:29:21 PM »
You watch one intro and then your 24 episodes deep and out of whiskey. where does the time go
dur

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »
The guy at the next table that's practically on top of me ordered a mimosa with no orange juice and a cup of ice. Then he asked what chicken and waffles were to his server. The struggle has never been more real.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2015, 05:49:16 PM »
Mimosa no orange juice :lol it's like that guy was sat next to you on purpose :hans1

« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2015, 06:04:12 PM »
for the second time in not too long I've been approached by someone about how their friend was supposedly into me.

This makes no sense in so many ways and also if they're into me, why can't they just talk to me themselves?

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2015, 07:29:59 PM »
Mimosa no orange juice :lol it's like that guy was sat next to you on purpose :hans1

There was a certain mis en scene aspect to my dining experience today. :ohhh For example my server actually established continuity even though no one ever overtly does that. And she introduced herself to me. :-[

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2015, 04:17:52 AM »
Blew it again.  :neogaf

Keep thinking about sending her another text but then remember she's probably home with her fiance by now   :mindblown

I'm going to get murdered tbh  :yeshrug

Sent it.  :larry
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:24:52 AM by king of the internet »

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2015, 12:49:15 AM »
I've been reading Lacan and I've convinced myself it makes sense and I'm starting to worry about myself.
QED

studyguy

« Reply #260 on: June 30, 2015, 11:35:14 AM »
Went on vacation for a week.
Everything at work apparently went nuclear.
Everything is fucked so hard I can't even begin to parse.
 :brazilcry
pause

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #261 on: June 30, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »
Bought a used car. Paid sticker price.

:derp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #262 on: June 30, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »
*small three person team meeting ends*
me: Ok so make sure to email the thing to me, and outside of that we should be set
co-worker 1: ok ok. BTW Bill, you trying to get some lunch?
Bill: I'm trying to FUCK
*female coworker walks in and overhears Bill*
me:

"I'm trying to FUCK" has somehow become a text meme amongst certain distinguished mentally-challenged fellows in the office but this was the first time it was said out loud. Comfortable young white men....
:snoop

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #263 on: June 30, 2015, 12:27:22 PM »
wat
QED

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #264 on: June 30, 2015, 12:34:39 PM »
I'm hungry and I don't know what I want

Kara

« Reply #265 on: June 30, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
I ordered a spinach feta wrap (at Starbucks!) and thought it was really fucking good. :snoop

Tasty

« Reply #266 on: June 30, 2015, 12:57:48 PM »
co-worker 1: ok ok. BTW Bill, you trying to get some lunch?
Bill: I'm trying to FUCK

:mouf

« Reply #267 on: June 30, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »
How am I supposed to finish a thesis when I can't even be trusted to not kill my PC by giving Matlab idiotic loop conditions

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #268 on: June 30, 2015, 08:04:32 PM »
I'm so done with matlab.  Now that I know theano, its python all the way. 

What are you working on?

« Reply #269 on: June 30, 2015, 08:11:15 PM »
I don't wanna talk about it as it's so basic, it's fucking embarrassing. :-(

Basically it's image analysis, and I'm only using Matlab because the data and other stuff they gave me was done in Matlab and I only wanted to try some stupid naive algorithm quickly.

In the end, it worked after some insane overfitting, which makes it completely worthless :rejoice

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #270 on: June 30, 2015, 08:12:18 PM »
Your in CS then?  Phd or Masters?

« Reply #271 on: June 30, 2015, 08:14:23 PM »
Some weird combination of CS/EE, which simply means that I wasted time on EE when all I wanna know is CS.

Second Bachelor's. Got a B.A. in a completely unrelated field a few years earlier.

The joys of "free" college education.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #272 on: June 30, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »
O undergrad thesis  *snubs nose

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #273 on: June 30, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
i have a masters in cs and a bachelors in english and neither have proved quite as useful as my winning personality*

spoiler (click to show/hide)
lack of gag reflex :lawd
[close]
duc

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #274 on: June 30, 2015, 08:21:34 PM »
i have a masters in cs and a bachelors in cs/philosophy and another bachelors in linguistics and none have proved quite as useful as I hoped. 
If only I could deep throat. 
[close]

« Reply #275 on: June 30, 2015, 08:22:33 PM »
At least I have chicken.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #276 on: June 30, 2015, 09:05:10 PM »
I have a sushi girl who doesn't think I'm gay. :rejoice
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #277 on: June 30, 2015, 09:18:15 PM »
Then invite her to your gay wedding

nudemacusers

« Reply #278 on: June 30, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »
tfw your waifu watches the show you were watching on netflix on  your profile and now you can't remember which episode you left off on  :'(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

bluemax

« Reply #279 on: June 30, 2015, 10:24:31 PM »
Some weird combination of CS/EE, which simply means that I wasted time on EE when all I wanna know is CS.

Second Bachelor's. Got a B.A. in a completely unrelated field a few years earlier.

I wish I had paid more attention to my EE classes, they ended up being a lot more useful than I gave them credit for.

Then again I do a lot of systems level programming, if you're one of those pansy web developers using javascript I can see why you wouldn't need it
NO

« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2015, 03:55:44 AM »

I wish I had paid more attention to my EE classes, they ended up being a lot more useful than I gave them credit for.

Then again I do a lot of systems level programming, if you're one of those pansy web developers using javascript I can see why you wouldn't need it

Not much of a developer at all. And yeah, I'll probably need EE somewhere down the road, I'm just not made for it. Something just shuts down when voltages and currents and fields come into play.

Also, I wish I had been better in my early math classes. Fucking matrices man. Still feeling the effects of not being good with them years later.

My thesis is in the area of medical applications, if it works out. Although, like I said, super basic stuff.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2015, 11:12:58 AM »
I took math for granted too and now I'm doing machine learning stuff that requires it and I feel so dumb. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »
tfw your waifu watches the show you were watching on netflix on  your profile and now you can't remember which episode you left off on  :'(

:( you gotta have different profiles. We have one for me, one for my wife, one for the kiddo, one for when the wife and I are watching together, and one for full family viewin

If you have that and she's using your profile, it might be time to toss her in the bushes, tbqh

Kara

« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2015, 12:45:29 PM »
:kobeyuck

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2015, 12:52:35 PM »
Couldn't you just put some sort of password lock on the device so she can't use it when you're not around?  ???

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2015, 12:54:47 PM »
Couldn't you just put some sort of password lock on the device so she can't use it when you're not around?  ???

You're not married, are you?

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2015, 12:57:15 PM »
That's the great thing about a life of solitude. Never having to share. It's all mine. :rejoice

Kara

« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2015, 01:03:37 PM »
Especially your hopes, dreams, fears, and insecurities. :jawalrus

:brazilcry
[close]

OT: I couldn't take one of mah peelz this morning because I didn't count on teh free marketZzz being unable to supply me with them in 36 hours and I am fucking nutso this morning. Missed my exit on the 5 even. The worst thing is that these are both my most expensive scrip and the pills I am most skeptical about the efficacy of. (No relation.)

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2015, 01:28:22 PM »
Only liking the first part of that post.

Pill brutha, which pill do you speak of? Is it thy capsules? Spherical or elongated? Color of the sun or the sea?
:expert

WAT PILSS IS IT :drool

Kara

« Reply #289 on: July 01, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »
Deplin, which its manufacturer categorized as a medical supplement instead of a medicine to circumvent FDA testing.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #290 on: July 01, 2015, 01:53:42 PM »
Sounds different, kind of a folate supplement?

That should be reassuring in a sense, that you're doubtful it's improving your symptoms so being without it for a day or two isn't likely to worsen things :idont

I'm sure you have experienced the type of med where just missing one dose wreaks havoc. Hopefully, this isn't the case and you're just stressin (understandably tho).

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2015, 02:26:32 PM »
waiting for this fucking company to finalize their details and give me a fucking offer.
nat

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2015, 02:56:06 PM »
Ordered a laser printer on amazon along with a $7 3 year square trade warranty. Got charged $14 for it though on the invoice so now I'm contacting their customer service.

Btw how does square trade make money? I imagine a lot of people  accidentally dropping their phones and tablets when the new model comes out.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2015, 07:41:15 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

The goddamn ship is sinking and I need to get off it soon. :goty

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2015, 07:52:04 PM »
Every time I think of a great new idea I find out its been done already...in a paper I read a week ago.  :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2015, 08:49:52 PM »
Had to spend most of the day yesterday with my wife's sister.  Was not a pleasant experience.  Basically every time we've met on this trip, she acts like this:

"HURRY UP AND HAVE A BABY.  AREN'T YOU CONCERNED ABOUT HER HEALTH AND AGE?  HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL HE ONLY CARES ABOUT HIMSELF.  HURRY UP AND DIVORCE ALREADY.  WHY ARE YOU HERE WITH US?  WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING US?  GO AWAY I WANT TO TALK TO MY SISTER NOT YOU."

Pretty much over and over again.  Mind you I can't even get a word in edgewise, it's literally like I go "Hi!" and then get blasted for several hours non-stop.  The last thing she said to me yesterday after giving me a death stare was "GET A DIVORCE" and then she ignored her beloved sister and sped off in her car as quickly and loudly as possible.

This is pretty typical behavior from her.  She's a total bitch.  I can understand her wanting a niece but the way she verbalizes it is completely wrong.  I really, really feel for her current boyfriend, who I suspect will not be together with her for much longer based on how her previous relationships have turned out.  They've been dating for two months and she's already talking about marriage and having a baby.  The poor guy...his grandfather just passed and we were told he was pretty broken up with it.  Rather than go spend time with the guy, my wife's sister went shopping instead.  Such a caring person.   :lol :-\
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:58:06 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Kara

« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2015, 09:04:14 PM »
Sounds different, kind of a folate supplement?

That should be reassuring in a sense, that you're doubtful it's improving your symptoms so being without it for a day or two isn't likely to worsen things :idont

I'm sure you have experienced the type of med where just missing one dose wreaks havoc. Hopefully, this isn't the case and you're just stressin (understandably tho).

Yeah, something like that. I have the folate defect.

RE medication: not really until my current regimen. One of the silver linings to being treatment-resistant is that meds just take some of the edge off, they don't actually make you better so if you discontinue them suddenly it's just what you always felt but worse. When I had my first episode in my early 20s I had to stop treatment suddenly because I lost insurance and was too skint to pay out of pocket and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Anyway, my core medication relieves the unipolarity completely but in its place it gives me a pseudo bipolarity which tbh I'm not cut out for enduring. I'd rather have consistent shitfeels than unpredictable severe shitfeels. I suppose this is a somewhat "normal" emotional pattern, but I'm pretty gassed at this point and it seems worse than it is.

Fuck my fucking life.

nudemacusers

« Reply #297 on: July 01, 2015, 09:31:04 PM »

:( you gotta have different profiles. We have one for me, one for my wife, one for the kiddo, one for when the wife and I are watching together, and one for full family viewin

If you have that and she's using your profile, it might be time to toss her in the bushes, tbqh
profile boundaries are neither honored nor respected in this house.  :'(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #298 on: July 01, 2015, 10:26:31 PM »

profile boundaries are neither honored nor respected in this house.  :'(

profile polywatchers, SCUST

i feel your struggle  :brazilcry
duc

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #299 on: July 03, 2015, 08:25:44 AM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

The goddamn ship is sinking and I need to get off it soon. :goty

Dude, how have the owners not figured out what a crap show they're running? You'd think, if they were interested in the future, they'd put some effort into keeping staff.