Author Topic: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread  (Read 183846 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
I never understand the idea of having guns to protect you from the government anyways.  Your modified m16s will not help against black hawks or tanks, if the government wanted to kill you.
If the government is turning blackhawks and tanks on citizens it's probably not a situation where the opposition is a lone guy or even handful of guys with a rifle.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a middle of the night no knock raid on some unarmed poor people who live down the street from someone who looks like a drug dealer.
[close]

drew

• sy
ITT, drew finally learns that gun ownership, and desiring stronger gun control laws and regulation, are not mutually exclusive!

just kidding, we know he won't.
[close]

you're either based or you're cucked.  or just salty as fuck.  you guys need to chill.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
I never understand the idea of having guns to protect you from the government anyways.  Your modified m16s will not help against black hawks or tanks, if the government wanted to kill you.
If the government is turning blackhawks and tanks on citizens it's probably not a situation where the opposition is a lone guy or even handful of guys with a rifle.

It's a middle of the night no knock raid on some unarmed poor people who live down the street from someone who looks like a drug dealer.
[close]

In which case gun ownership gets you either dead on on murder charges if you use it. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
So, your policy prescription for reducing gun violence is to admit that, even in your ideal scenario, success means "getting lucky" every once in a while.   :neogaf

OK, fine, I take that back.  The guys who put them down didn't really get lucky, all the people in the building behind them did because the right men were by the front door.

So, the solution to gun violence in America is to post several armed guards at the entrance to every building. Got it.
dog

drew

• sy
Never said I had solutions.  This is the world you live in, plan accordingly.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

I think this is the perfect Republican slogan.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
You solve problems with the brain you have, not the brain you wish you had.
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
No amount of planning will put eyes in the back of your head or let you read someone's mind. And if your false sense of security is worth the cost, then so be it.

I'll probably never understand why this frontier mentality persists.

the only logical conclusion if you actually break down the statistics would be to somehow remove black people from the equation.  But this is 2015 not 1941 ;)

How did this get overlooked?

Mandark

• Icon
Never stop being the hero in your head rather than the loser you are drew.

I'm actually glad drew's fantasy life provides an outlet for his racism.  Rather a Walter Mitty than a George Sodini.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

the only logical conclusion if you actually break down the statistics would be to somehow remove black people from the equation.  But this is 2015 not 1941 ;)

How did this get overlooked?

It didn't. It's Drew. It's a given.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Drew is probably really jazzed that there's finally a guy that's not afraid to tell it like it is and say what everyone's thinking running for President, I'll bet.
yar

Mupepe

• Icon
The gun owners in this country essentially became so paranoid and nuts years ago that this is the current state of things and the debate. You can't logic them out of it with any sort of discussion. They need their assault rifles and automatics and probably rocket launchers because of the "goverment" and or the dark hordes that would descend on them without them. It's perfect fit for a lot of the irrational thinking that is essentially dominant in this country.
Hey bro.  I own a lot of guns.  Don't lump me in with those a-holes.

benjipwns

In a profile on an Indian matrimonial site, Imilap.com, a user identified as “farooksyed49” described himself as a 22-year-old Muslim living in Riverside and working as a county health inspector.

“Enjoy working on vintage and modern cars, read religious books, enjoy eating out sometimes travel and just hang out in back yard doing target practice with younger sister and friends,” the profile read.
:ohhh

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
I'm actually kinda torn on this whole gun thing. I own a few guns, i think everybody knows that. And I'm very against taking them away.  However I can also see how if this shit went down in Texas it would result in 30 additional shooting victims because once those rednecks start firing I'm not sure what's going to stop them.

Sucks.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:59:25 AM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

benjipwns

However I can also see how if this shit went down in Texas it would result in 30 additional shooting victims because once those rednecks start firing I'm not sure what's going to stop them.
I don't know if any of the ATF/FBI agents at Waco were rednecks though.

Am_I_Anonymous

However I can also see how if this shit went down in Texas it would result in 30 additional shooting victims because once those rednecks start firing I'm not sure what's going to stop them.
I don't know if any of the ATF/FBI agents at Waco were rednecks though.

Well hypothetically if you take away our guns who's to say it won't be worse next time? I'm not really into letting a bunch of elected officials carry all the firepower in the nation while we sit defenseless. That's just me though.

However I can also see where restricting the sale of "long guns" (I hate that term) would also be helpful. I'd probably also impose harsher sentences for anybody who uses a gun during a crime than we currently do. 5 years for robbing a store with a pistol? Nah make it 15 with no chance of parole. 

Shoot and wound somebody and it's proven not to be in self defense? 25 years with no chance of parole.

Kill somebody with a gun? Death or life in prison depending on which side of the ball the judge is holding.

If it doesn't deter people from using guns in crimes at the very least it will keep the assholes who do locked up a long, long, time.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:07:48 AM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

benjipwns

BEN SHAPIRO ALERT
Over the last 48 hours, the unserious parade of clown leftists in politics and the media have jumped on every narrative rake in sight. They desperately wanted the shooting in San Bernardino to be a right-winger with an NRA tramp stamp gone mad. Instead, it turned out to be two Muslims who dropped their six-month-old baby off in order to pursue killing.

Here’s how the left desperately attempted to spin narrative after narrative – and will continue to spin in the coming days, ignoring the very real threat of radical Islam.

It Must Be Pro-Lifers! In the aftermath of the left’s gleeful attempts to tie clinically insane person Robert Dear to the entire pro-life movement, they initially thought they’d hit the narrative gold mine again: a Planned Parenthood was located near the shooting location! How near? Well, not that near. At least a mile away, it turns out.

There is a Chuck-E-Cheese 1.5 miles away from the shooting location. They weren’t targeted either.

It Must Be Right-Wingers of Unspecified Political Priority! If it couldn’t be pinned on the pro-life movement, it had to be some other right-wingers, at least according to moral cow pie Markos Moulitsas of Vox.com

Oopsies. We Need More Gun Control! As the shootings unfolded, Democrats universally came out of the woodwork to chant to their pagan god, government: The Great God of Government had to stop such nefarious activities by activating the gun control agenda. Barack Obama said to CBS’s Norah O’Donnell, “We have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world.”

Prayer Is The Problem! One of the odder narratives yesterday came courtesy of the mainstream media, as well as certain Democratic politicians, including a sitting U.S.AIR Senator: those offering thoughts and prayers were the problem. This narrative likely began months ago after the Umpqua Community College shooting, when Obama said that thoughts and prayers weren’t enough; now that narrative has penetrated the leftist mainstream.

The same people who believe that when radical Muslims engage in mass shootings, that’s not an indictment of Islam, are now pointing to Christians who pray for shooting victims and labeling them the problem. According to these deep thinkers, if you shout “Allahu akhbar!” while shooting crowds of innocents, that’s not religious in any way; if you pray for the victims, you’re a religious nutjob.

It’s Workplace Violence! This narrative began with the terrorism-associated Council on American-Islamic Relations, which held a press conference late last night. The CAIR spokesman said, “We don’t know the motives. Is it work, rage related? Is it mental illness? Is it extreme ideology? At this point it’s really unknown to us.” Today, President Obama suggested that workplace violence could be a motivation, even though workplace violence isn’t a motivation, but a method. NBC’s Kerry Saunders suggested that the workplace “Christmas party” could have offended the Muslim shooter.

It is highly unlikely that simple hatred of coworkers led to an organized terrorist incident, complete with IED development and GoPro cameras. It is far more likely, as President Obama suggested, that the motivation was Islamic but the targets were workplace-based. Given that the federal government has labeled Fort Hood workplace violence, however, we could see a redux of that narrative here.

Stop The Islamophobia! Sooner or later, we knew we would arrive here. And so we have: when all else fails, blame Islamophobia. On Thursday, Democratic National Committee chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) criticized Republicans for demonizing Muslims. That will continue all day.

There’s just one more step before we reach the end of the rake-stepping parade: climate change.

Keep an eye out.
:bow the king :bow2

benjipwns

This story is getting more and more insane:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/04/investigators-probe-whether-wife-radicalized-husband-before-san-bernardino/
Federal investigators believe there is a "very serious" possibility that Tashfeen Malik, one of two shooters who murdered 14 people and wounded 21 others in San Bernardino, Calif. Wednesday, radicalized her husband and co-assailant, county restaurant inspector Syed Farook, Fox News has learned.

Investigators also believe that the couple had planned a second attack after the shooting at a social service center for the disabled when they were killed in a shootout with local authorities approximately two miles away.

Little is known about Malik's background prior to her meeting Farook. However, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News that the two met and became engaged after Farook traveled to Saudi Arabia in September 2013. Malik, a Pakistani citizen, applied for a K-1 visa at the American embassy in Islamabad in May 2014 and Farook traveled to Saudi Arabia that July to bring her to the U.S. The Saudi Embassy in Washington has confirmed that Farook's 2014 trip lasted nine days.

They were married on Aug. 16, 2014, in nearby Riverside County, Calif. according to their marriage license. Both listed their religion as Muslim.

Investigators believe that on at least one of those trips to Saudi Arabia, one or both members of the couple made contact with suspected Al Qaeda terrorists. The exact nature of that contact was not immediately clear.

Law enforcement sources told Fox News late Thursday that there was a "very strong" possibility that Malik functioned as Farook's terror trainer and may have even put together pipe bombs found by authorities at the various crime scenes Wednesday.

Wearing black tactical gear and wielding assault rifles, Farook, 28, and Malik, 27, sprayed as many as 75 rounds into a room at the Inland Regional Center, where about 75 of Farook's co-workers had gathered Wednesday morning. Farook had attended the start of the event but slipped out and returned in battle dress.

Four hours later and two miles away, the couple died in a furious gun battle in which they fired 76 rounds, while 23 law officers unleashed about 380, police said.

As part of the complex investigation late Thursday, authorities were trying to piece together a money trail that would have enabled the suspects to acquire over $30,000 worth of guns and explosives. Public records show that Farook made approximately $51,000 per year as an employee of the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health, making it unlikely he could have afforded such an arsenal out of his own pocket. There is no evidence that Malik had a job.

Among the weapons found were three rigged-together pipe bombs at the social service center, each equipped with a remote-control detonating device that apparently malfunctioned; more than 1,600 rounds of ammunition and multiple pipe bombs in the rented SUV where they died; and 12 pipe bombs, tools for making more, and over 3,000 additional rounds of ammunition at a family home in the nearby town of Redlands.

Two weeks ago, Farook and one of the co-workers he killed, 52-year-old Nicholas Thalasinos, had a heated conversation about Islam, according to Kuuleme Stephens, a friend of the victim.

Stephens said she happened to call Thalasinos while he was talking with Farook at work. She said Thalasinos told her Farook "doesn't agree that Islam is not a peaceful religion."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:37:39 AM by benjipwns »

Am_I_Anonymous

How soon until ISIS gets mentioned with her? 2 days?
YMMV

benjipwns

Too late:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/04/us/san-bernardino-shooting/index.html
Investigators think that as the San Bernardino, California, attack was happening, female shooter Tashfeen Malik posted a pledge of allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Facebook, three U.S. officials familiar with the investigation told CNN.

Malik's post was made on an account with a different name, one U.S. official said. The officials did not explain how they knew Malik made the post.

Am_I_Anonymous

Too late:
Investigators think that as the San Bernardino, California, attack was happening, female shooter Tashfeen Malik posted a pledge of allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Facebook, three U.S. officials familiar with the investigation told CNN.

Malik's post was made on an account with a different name, one U.S. official said. The officials did not explain how they knew Malik made the post.

:snoop

YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

Ugh, one of my good friends is trotting out an article arguing that the U.S. doesn't have a particularly bad mass shooting problem because on a per-million basis we have fewer deaths than some other countries. I can't.

One thing, right or left, we call all agree on is that we DEFINITELY have a shooting problem. Both mass and if you read the daily paper, daily in some parts of the country like East Cleveland for instance.
YMMV

benjipwns

One thing, right or left, we call all agree on is that we DEFINITELY have a shooting problem. Both mass and if you read the daily paper, daily in some parts of the country like East Cleveland for instance.
LeBron's slump this year from three hasn't been that bad. I'm sure it will turn around.

Am_I_Anonymous

LeBron's slump this year from three hasn't been that bad. I'm sure it will turn around.

LOL, he's making storm troopers look like boba fett. Oh wait....
YMMV

benjipwns

Now what we need is someone to tie this into feminism and #GamerGate. The guy just did whatever his woman told him because he had been turned into a beta male by our PC culture.

Am_I_Anonymous

Now what we need is someone to tie this into feminism and #GamerGate. The guy just did whatever his woman told him because he had been turned into a beta male by our PC culture.

oh but done and done apparently the Brits are all over it.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/11/30/british-schools-are-branding-gamergate-illegal-and-extremist-following-government-advice/
YMMV

benjipwns

Am_I_Anonymous

(Image removed from quote.)

Christ, I would have expected it from Fox.

I'm sure the jackass who shot up the planned parenthood place had a bible, too.
YMMV

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Too late:

I had kind of expected secret services in Europe to be understaffed, because we don't like to spend money, but it's funny to see that you too just seem to collect more and more data to then apparently not analyse it properly.

Which recent terrorists was not on the radar? It seems every single was was known for years, suspected of having radicalized, had communications with known recruiters, went to Syria to train, or whatnot... If not even the US has enough manpower to actually watch those, what the fuck are you doing by adding even more people to the list?

benjipwns

I've heard a lot of "experts" contend that everything the NSA/etc. is sweeping up is so massive in terms of data that you essentially can't process it all, let alone identify specific plans you can act on in a reasonable time frame, especially legally. I would imagine that's a problem throughout the intelligence services.

It kinda was under lesser means during the Cold War.

Am_I_Anonymous

I've heard a lot of "experts" contend that everything the NSA/etc. is sweeping up is so massive in terms of data that you essentially can't process it all, let alone identify specific plans you can act on in a reasonable time frame, especially legally. I would imagine that's a problem throughout the intelligence services.

Well they didn't have the internet during the Cold War either. Imagine being some $32,000 a year desk jockey that has to sort through 24,000 "Fuck America" posts to find the one that actually has context. Daunting.
YMMV

benjipwns

:neogaf

Am_I_Anonymous

Jesus Christ. Our 50 somethings who are calling shots in the media are fucking distinguished mentally-challenged.
YMMV

benjipwns

:goty2

benjipwns

It's not everyday you get to grab a snack from a terrorist's fridge:

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider

good emoji face imo

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
Best facebook comment so far "Liberals thought this was going to be about gun control but it turns out they were Muslim"
vin

It's not everyday you get to grab a snack from a terrorist's fridge:
(Image removed from quote.)

His face though. "I knew it!"

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2015, 01:32:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/pzf/status/672835882655858688

MSNBC just showed the driver's license of Syed Farook's mother and her SS number in a live broadcast. FBI: Home is still a crime scene.  -@pzf

tfw u n yr fiends get ahold of a stash and lose any sense of humanity out of the sheer exuberance of the moment :aah

benjipwns

Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2015, 01:40:23 PM »
One rumor is it wasn't even the landlord but just some guy who came along with a crowbar.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2015, 01:41:00 PM »
FBI: Home is still a crime scene.  -@pzf[/i]

Okay, but not a very-fucking-well-secured one, guys.  :-\
MMA

benjipwns

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2015, 01:41:48 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »
This whole thing has just become nuts. I didn't think it'd get crazier than the wife stuff.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2015, 01:59:29 PM »

Quote from: CNN
San Bernardino shooting: Attacker pledged allegiance to ISIS, officials say
CNN :stahp

I pledge allegiance to the Cavs, does that make me a power forward now?
YMMV

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2015, 02:02:59 PM »
If law enforcement truly wasn't finished with the scene, this is the worst scene security I have ever seen.

You sit a couple of uniforms in front of the door for as long as you need the scene.  Seriously, that's day 1 stuff, people. 
MMA

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2015, 02:04:41 PM »
If law enforcement truly wasn't finished with the scene, this is the worst scene security I have ever seen.

You sit a couple of uniforms in front of the door for as long as you need the scene.  Seriously, that's day 1 stuff, people.

Absolutely.

Not sure how the law works but I'm fairly certain a landlord doesn't hold sway over a National Terrorist Investigation or whatever we are calling this now. Wonder if that guy is fucked....hell I hope they detain all of them for a day or two.

Edit: Actually, check that, we don't need those reporters to catch a rep off this shit
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:15:45 PM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2015, 02:13:38 PM »

So I know a bit about how one would automatically try to siphon off information from the massive amounts that are collected and, at least in my opinion, is you really can't.  My guess is that this information is less preemptive and more used for prosecution and investigation after the fact.  So the whole point is to have the data just in case you decide to kill someone and then once you've done that, then the government can have someone look at what you were doing on the internet for the last 10 years. 

benjipwns

« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2015, 02:14:51 PM »
Yeah, it's a lot easier once you know what you're looking for.

Mods Help

« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »
This is some Phoenix Wright shit.

Cop is supposed to guard the scene and let's anyone go in and grab evidence.

These reporters are acting like they're in an adventure game, stuffing all that evidence in their item bag.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2015, 02:20:34 PM »
These reporters are acting like they're in an adventure game, stuffing all that evidence in their item bag.

I'm at work and I can't watch right now but are you fucking serious? They are literally taking shit out of the apartment?
YMMV

Mods Help

« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2015, 02:24:07 PM »

I'm at work and I can't watch right now but are you fucking serious? They are literally taking shit out of the apartment?

Not that I know of, but the whole looking at clues in what should be a secured crime scene is Phoenix Wright as fuck.

benjipwns

« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »
CNN reporters outside San Bernardino killers' home says landlord was escorted away by law enforcement, put into unmarked vehicle

benjipwns

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2015, 02:27:09 PM »
FBI taking over, now officially a terrorism investigation.

They destroyed cell phones, etc.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2015, 02:30:38 PM »
There it is.  Scene had been released by FBI.   So this wasn't a law enforcement fuckup.  (Thank God)
MMA

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2015, 03:32:56 PM »
Landlord should have got some raffle tickets, sold 'em at like 5 bucks a pop and people pass them to some asshole to enter. If you're going to be gross and exploit the fact that they lived there, you might as well go whole hog American and make some money off it too.

:american

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2015, 04:07:27 PM »
Guys, police work is hard

yar