Author Topic: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread  (Read 183874 times)

drew

• sy
Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2015, 11:25:19 AM »
Yeah but why do you specifically need an automatic rifle to achieve that

AR's aren't automatic.  They are semi auto just like anything else.

seagrams hotsauce

Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2015, 11:30:08 AM »
 since you're ignoring the inference that I was referring to full automatics, let me specify that I'm asking about full . not your specific preference, but why would anyone need one of these

drew

• sy
« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »
Thankfully I live in the United States of America where we have the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, so I really don't NEED to answer that.

Also I wasn't ignoring anything, you literally specifically asked me why I would need an automatic rifle to achieve that.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
this post makes me sound salty, I'm not.  consider it tongue in cheek :P
[close]

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2015, 11:40:54 AM »
Thankfully I live in the United States of America where we have the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, so I really don't NEED to answer that. 

smh u fuckin cornball

drew

• sy
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2015, 11:49:16 AM »
Full auto is already highly regulated btw, I'm not sure on the specific guidelines involving them because its too cost prohibitive for me anyway.  The ironically named FOPA act of 1986 (look it up) cut off sales of any machine guns made after that point to civilians, so there is a limited pool of them out there and therefore are extremely expensive (cheapest being 3 - 5K for some MAC 10 or 11 piece of shit)

As a frame of reference the protocol for getting a suppressor or an SBR would be to - go to the store, pick it out, pay for it, gun shop owner takes it into the back and locks it away, fill out paperwork along with $200 and mail it to the ATF, wait 6 (?) months for your tax stamp, go back to the store and take it home.  Congratulations its now yours forever (literally, you can never sell it or even loan it to a friend).

drew

• sy

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2015, 12:33:36 PM »

smh u fuckin cornball
muh freedoms
vin

drew

• sy
« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »
your tears keep my evil scary salt rifles w/ baby seeking bullets lubed every night. Thank you.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »
Salt water is bad for your gunz. :wag
©@©™

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2015, 03:54:18 PM »
tears? please. my eyes are dry from rolling so hard

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2015, 05:14:26 PM »

I use an AR for home defense

No you don't.
MMA

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2015, 07:42:02 PM »
:lol

drew

• sy
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2015, 08:51:49 PM »
No you don't.

I "keep"?  You guys are impossible. :mindblown

« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2015, 12:31:35 AM »

I use an AR for home defense

No you don't.

:dead

This sums up gun culture in a nutshell. Bunch of wannabes.

:piss non-occupational shooters :piss2

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2015, 12:48:07 AM »
nm for now
 drew an jw can eat it til dawn breaks fwiw
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:55:54 AM by seagrams hotsauce »

drew

• sy
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2015, 12:39:58 PM »
Ahhhhh yes, finally, I was hoping this thread would take a little detour like this.  Implying I don't regularly use the ever loving shit out of my equipment is a bad call.  Once a month I go to a carbine shoot that is attended by like minded civilians with their shit on lock (I fall into this category), local SWAT medics one of which also served in the Marines for 8 years, current and former local Police, local Army National Gaurd bros, and even one guy who was in the Spetsnaz in Afghanistan during the 80's (picking his brain during down time was fun).  It is run by the #1 AR gunsmith in the country, I'm very lucky to have his shop and his classes at my disposal, people send in their guns for him to work on from every corner of the USA and its only a 15 minute drive for me.  Highlights from the past year for me have been machine gun month, shotgun September, and I'm really looking forward to a night shoot in January.

PICTURES BELOW

[close]

I could keep going but I'll just end it there.

Hey Boogie, buddy, how does it make you feel that not only am I more well equipped than your local PD but I'm also more well trained.  Also no thanks to getting paid to work on a two way range, I already get paid more in my skilled trade job, but thanks again anyway.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2015, 12:45:17 PM »
and even one guy who was in the Spetsnaz in Afghanistan during the 80's (picking his brain during down time was fun).

See that part above is why you don't need a gun. I own guns, but you should probably use nerf equipment. There is no glory in violence. None.
YMMV

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2015, 12:50:51 PM »
Nobody said you don't use them, just not for the stated purpose.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2015, 12:55:20 PM »

What frightens me is some young kid with an assault rifle getting pumped up on war stories.
YMMV

drew

• sy
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2015, 12:56:26 PM »
See that part above is why you don't need a gun. I own guns, but you should probably use nerf equipment. There is no glory in violence. None.

Never said there was any, dude its not like i was asking him "SO, what was it like to slaughter all those goat fuckers?!" with a huge grin on my face...I was just asking him about his equipment he had, overall experience in a foreign country, and what its like to be in the Russian Military.  If God forbid the day comes when I have to shoot someone I'll probably throw up.

We are now entering Twilight Zone levels of phrasing :spin

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2015, 01:00:28 PM »
Well that's good because in my experience anybody who glorifies war has either never been in one or is completely psychotic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock) or (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Marcinko)  btw the second loonie linked here contributed heavily to the anarchist's cookbook.

YMMV

drew

• sy
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2015, 01:49:02 PM »
whats wrong with Mr. Hathcock?  Here's a quote from him from that Wikipedia page -  "I like shooting, and I love hunting. But I never did enjoy killing anybody. It's my job. If I don't get those bastards, then they're gonna kill a lot of these kids dressed up like Marines. That's the way I look at it."

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2015, 01:55:18 PM »
whats wrong with Mr. Hathcock?  Here's a quote from him from that Wikipedia page -  "I like shooting, and I love hunting. But I never did enjoy killing anybody. It's my job. If I don't get those bastards, then they're gonna kill a lot of these kids dressed up like Marines. That's the way I look at it."

Because they choose to ignore the other 1000 biggoted racist asshole fucktard warmongering shitbait the guy put out there on the regular.

Glad he's was on our side and all but I have no use for someone who glorifies sniping.
YMMV

drew

• sy
« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2015, 02:02:53 PM »
Ah OK I was not aware of that.

If you want more reading on insanely talented snipers (politics aside) give this guy a gander:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2015, 02:44:38 PM »
Well that's good because in my experience anybody who glorifies war has either never been in one or is completely psychotic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock) or (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Marcinko)  btw the second loonie linked here contributed heavily to the anarchist's cookbook.
Forever immortalized as the Rogue Warrior, voiced by Mickey Rourke. :doge

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2015, 02:49:30 PM »
Forever immortalized as the Rogue Warrior, voiced by Mickey Rourke. :doge

A little off topic but Macinko was once told by an admiral that "nobody could ever breach an aircraft carrier, even at port" so he and a few of his SEAL team crawled up the shit shoot on the ship, undressed the admirals wife, and left a note. Again another nutter but I am glad he was on our team.
YMMV

« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2015, 03:14:20 PM »
Hey drew can you post some more pictures? I need to update http://lookatthisoperator.tumblr.com

Tasty

« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2015, 03:14:47 PM »
Crawling up the shit shoot :phil

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2015, 04:33:00 PM »
I don't give a shit if you have fun with guns.

It's been proven they are a danger to society at large.

God forbid we actually give a fuck about that though.

AMERICUHHHHHHH

drew

• sy
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »
Hey drew can you post some more pictures? I need to update http://lookatthisoperator.tumblr.com

It'd probably be best if you just swept up the shattered pieces of your asshole and walk home before you embarrass yourself any further.

Sure some of these old guys can look a bit derpy whilst donning gear but at least they're out there T- zoning hard unlike the majority of gun owners.

ps that site sucks you can do better

[close]

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2015, 06:45:19 PM »
Yes, that's the ticket, drew.  Keep posting about how obsessively and extensively you train for your home defense scenarios.  That will prove my point wrong.
MMA

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2015, 06:47:53 PM »
My fun > your safety
My paranoid delusions > your safety
My racism and xenophobia > your safety

Kind of done even entertaining people who are anti gun control on any level.

drew

• sy
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2015, 06:55:15 PM »
Yes, that's the ticket, drew.  Keep posting about how obsessively and extensively you train for your home defense scenarios.  That will prove my point wrong.

Yes actually, I think it did.  Alongside Daniel Craig's "point".  Two birds, one stone as they say...

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2015, 01:32:15 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/us/san-bernardino-shooter-farook-2012-plot/
(CNN)Investigators believe San Bernardino shooter Syed Rizwan Farook may have been plotting an earlier attack in California with someone else, two U.S. officials said.

One of the officials said the two conspired in 2012 and a specific target was considered. Neither of the officials could say how serious the plotting got.

San Bernardino shooters: What we do and don't know about their radicalization

One official said the two decided not to go through with the earlier attack after a round of terror-related arrests in the area.

"They got spooked," the official said.

The purported plot bolsters assertions law enforcement officials have made since the San Bernardino attacks, saying Farook had been radicalized for a time before the shooting.
:doge

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/262552-report-calif-shooting-planned-a-year-in-advance
Last week's mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., that killed 14 was reportedly planned up to a year in advance.

The suspected killers began practicing with guns and making financial preparations in 2014, according to NBC News.

Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik began honing their firearms skills last year at a shooting range in Riverside, Calif., NBC said, citing two sources.

Couterterrorism officials said the pair began making monetary savings for their child and Farook’s mother during the same period.

“[They wanted to] take care of both Grandma and the baby,” one official told NBC News, referencing the couple’s six-month old daughter and Rafia Farook, 62.

“They had purposely thought through that problem,” they continued. "[Some transactions] would be consistent with them making preparations for grandma and the kid.”

“There were other indications of preparation,” the official added, not specifying further details.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:27:08 AM by benjipwns »

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2015, 05:10:31 PM »
PP shooter

I am guilty there will be no trial. I am a warrior for the babies

You sure were a warrior for the babies of the parents you killed bucko. Ugh.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/09/us/colorado-planned-parenthood-shooting/index.html?sr=twCNN120915colorado-planned-parenthood-shooting1001PMVODtopPhoto&linkId=19454678

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
PP shooter

I am guilty there will be no trial. I am a warrior for the babies

You sure were a warrior for the babies of the parents you killed bucko. Ugh.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/09/us/colorado-planned-parenthood-shooting/index.html?sr=twCNN120915colorado-planned-parenthood-shooting1001PMVODtopPhoto&linkId=19454678

No-one is going to argue against this clown's ignorance, but wasn't the PP clinic he terrorized not one which performed abortions?

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2015, 05:57:47 PM »
Says they do, kind of narrowing my eyes at like rhetoric that's all "he didn't even shoot people getting abortions", it's that kind of speech that, and maybe without some people realizing, semi-justifies the horrors inflicted on women who DO get abortions and the doctors that perform them.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »
I killed because I'm pro-life.  :doge
©ZH

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2015, 06:30:22 PM »
Says they do, kind of narrowing my eyes at like rhetoric that's all "he didn't even shoot people getting abortions", it's that kind of speech that, and maybe without some people realizing, semi-justifies the horrors inflicted on women who DO get abortions and the doctors that perform them.

Yeah, sorry, of course that's not my intended meaning. Or subtext. Or thought.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2015, 06:42:31 PM »

Yeah, sorry, of course that's not my intended meaning. Or subtext. Or thought.

I didn't think you were but it's a sentiment I'm seeing in places and it's gross.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2015, 11:38:36 AM »
©ZH

Tasty

« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2015, 11:47:14 AM »
MA stays winning.

Brehvolution

« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2015, 01:38:28 PM »
The chart should pretty much kill the 'bu... but... Chicago!' talking point.
©ZH

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2015, 01:55:13 PM »
Seems like everyone's chill in New Hampshire

Tasty

« Reply #225 on: December 11, 2015, 02:09:28 PM »
Seems like everyone's chill in New Hampshire

It's sort of surprising until you realize everyone in NH is over 60.

drew

• sy
« Reply #226 on: December 11, 2015, 09:24:11 PM »
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/daily-show-good-guy-with-gun-debunk

Big surprise, some pampered beta clown with a trendy Macklemore haircut that treated the entire process like a joke failed miserably.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #227 on: December 11, 2015, 09:37:07 PM »
Just so we're clear drew.  You aren't a good guy with a gun.
püp

drew

• sy
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2015, 09:40:55 PM »
And you know me, how exactly?  My post history?

Brehvolution

©ZH

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
So do they still have to pay the $25 or nah?
©@©™

Brehvolution

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dale-gallion-shooting-benghazi-movie

The Seattle Times reported that Gallion’s explanations for how exactly the gun went off varied significantly. His father, Donald Gallion, told police that his son said the gun had fallen from his pocket and gone off. But Gallion himself told the arresting officer that another movie attendee had reached for his crotch, causing him to accidentally fire the weapon. He then told a different officer at the police station that a man had been bothering him and that the gun accidentally went off during their altercation, according to the newspaper.

:comeon All completely justifiable in this turd's mind.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:06:55 PM by Brehvolution »
©ZH

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Active shooter reported at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego  :-\

Goddamnit.
^_^

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2016, 01:38:30 AM »
Little update on that. He was an Uber driver and was shooting people nearby his drop-offs/pick-ups. Which explained the freakout on the news about how the police couldn't discern his pattern or the meaning of it. There wasn't really one other than the culmination of multiple individual decisions.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2016, 12:55:00 PM »
AMC

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2016, 05:40:08 PM »
Lots of guns in Mazoo'. Hunting area.

RIP to the victims.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
vin