Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 435296 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread
« Reply #1440 on: October 01, 2017, 03:10:16 PM »
Nah. SF was never this silly. They've upped it 10x to a tone that recognizably NOT Street Fighter.

I mean, if we're just talking about silly in general and not just backgrounds...it's like you've forgotten about the likes of Dan and Blanka.  And costumes in SF4.  :doge
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1441 on: October 01, 2017, 06:50:49 PM »
You are completely missing the point.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1442 on: October 01, 2017, 09:22:36 PM »

No...I just don't agree with you.
 :trumps
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1443 on: October 01, 2017, 09:32:22 PM »

Himu

« Reply #1444 on: October 01, 2017, 09:57:22 PM »

No, you definitely missed the point by bringing up optional costumes made for fun.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #1445 on: October 01, 2017, 11:45:30 PM »
I don't even play SF and know that bork is wrong, lol.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1446 on: October 01, 2017, 11:59:19 PM »
So this Spiderman infinite seems pretty dumb. I assume it'll get patched out soon enough but still :rofl

Himu

« Reply #1447 on: October 02, 2017, 03:31:24 AM »
Tokido really inspires me and makes me want to apply what I've learned from fighting games into improving my life.

http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASHDT65D6HDTUEHF00T.html
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1448 on: October 02, 2017, 03:38:59 AM »

Could take some notes on how the master does his thing and compare it to how I'm doing it.

Also, I've decided to devote most of my time into SFV and ST. I am still going to play Tekken 7 and compete even but...I simply do not have the passion for Tekken the way I do with Street Fighter. Street Fighter is, for all intents and purposes, my first gaming love, so the dedication and drive I have for SF is just different for other fighters.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:43:30 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1449 on: October 02, 2017, 08:08:39 AM »
Yeah, I haven't played much Tekken either.  I was really motivated to get into it more months ago, but that just kind of fell off and I found myself back on Street Fighter.

No, you definitely missed the point by bringing up optional costumes made for fun.

You mean like the stage stuff...made for fun? 

I'm not not just talking about costumes.  There's always been goofy shit in Street Fighter going back to the Alpha games.  Did SFV turn the dial up further?  Sure...just like everything else.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:54:24 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1450 on: October 02, 2017, 10:17:59 AM »
That's the most Mahvel thing I've seen out of MvCI tbh

I know right?! And yet all I see online is calls from people to ban it, smh

Beezy

« Reply #1451 on: October 02, 2017, 08:33:39 PM »
Tokido really inspires me and makes me want to apply what I've learned from fighting games into improving my life.

http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASHDT65D6HDTUEHF00T.html
You expect me to read this how?

Himu

IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #1453 on: October 03, 2017, 11:24:23 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1454 on: October 03, 2017, 11:48:46 PM »
i don't really fuck with tag fighters at all so i probably won't. DBZF has DBZ going for it with me.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1455 on: October 04, 2017, 12:17:20 AM »
I'm hoping it turns out good since it's going to be Guilty Gear x P4U for me, basically.

I don't really care about the other two in it.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1456 on: October 04, 2017, 11:52:28 AM »
Black Panther & Sigma trailer

Releasing three DLC characters a month after release (and for $8 each) is some shameful shit. Capcom is really doing all they can to make me not like this game. :-\

thisismyusername

« Reply #1457 on: October 04, 2017, 10:52:20 PM »
And yet you bought it for tournament running instead of telling Capcom to screw themselves. :girlaff

I feel bad you got burned, but man: the signs were there, dude.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1458 on: October 04, 2017, 10:55:02 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1459 on: October 05, 2017, 07:16:36 AM »
Look what popped up on Amazon...

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Arcade mode - choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games
    Gallery - unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through arcade mode
    Extra battle - complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes throughout 2018
    New v-triggers - each character will have two v-triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system
    New visuals - the user interface is being redesigned with new Color schemes, revised menus and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects

Current players of Street Fighter V and future owners of Street Fighter V: arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PS4 and PC Cross-Platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base. The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only One that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title. All of the post launch gameplay content, such as the DLC characters in Street Fighter V, is earnable completely free of charge through completing various in-game challenges and receiving earned in-game currency, called fight money. For those who just can't wait to unlock each piece of new content, content can also be obtained instantly using purchased in-game currency.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1460 on: October 05, 2017, 08:40:04 AM »
Mortal Kombat XL XB1 $12 (download code)

http://amzn.to/2xWbJ9v
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1461 on: October 05, 2017, 10:52:39 AM »
http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/10/05/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-coming-january-16

New UI looks cool, super expanded story mode is also neat. Considering it's free I'll give it another shot and if nothing else just keep hoarding more fight money :jawalrus

Himu

« Reply #1462 on: October 05, 2017, 11:22:48 AM »
Yeah AE looks cool. Chun has updated graphics and kikosho. That solves one of Chun's current issues. Looks great and the SFV the game deserves. I still maintain that the base of the game is great but it has issues to be worked in terms of depth and options. I have hope that they've taken input from lots of players to make the game more deep in terms of options to make the skill ceiling higher. I'm really feeling it and I'm glad SFV is going to get another chance.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1463 on: October 05, 2017, 11:24:01 AM »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1464 on: October 05, 2017, 11:34:23 AM »
The base game IS great, yeah- but it clearly shipped in an unfinished state and that's just beating the same old, long-dead horse.

I'm glad that this update is coming.  They stuck to their word and it's free for current owners.  Totally fine with that.  It IS funny that the price of all the DLC is way more than an upgrade would have cost anyway. :doge

Queen, where did you see upgraded graphics?
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #1465 on: October 05, 2017, 11:39:10 AM »
I can't care since they aren't giving the Season 1-2 characters at a discount for previous version owners.

Himu

« Reply #1466 on: October 05, 2017, 11:39:20 AM »
Lots of pics here. You can find the Chun one here here. She's just more shiny and less flat. Hard to describe but feels upgraded. Could be wrong. :idont

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/promotion/ae/

and when I say the base game i mean the base fighting system and its mechanics. I think the basics of the game are good but need fleshing out if that makes sense.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1467 on: October 05, 2017, 11:42:01 AM »
I can't care since they aren't giving the Season 1-2 characters at a discount for previous version owners.

Tbf this was just announced. You don't know this.

IMO all s3 characters should be included in the game package like previous SF add ons. Having Sagat, Sakura;etc all in the package would be a tremendous big deal and extend good will to both casual and competitive SF players but beggars can't be choosers.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1468 on: October 05, 2017, 11:43:32 AM »
I'm sure they will be sale on Steam, they are on sale pretty regularly anyway

If they add back in proper pokes and make reversals not shit, it'll be worth getting into again for me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1469 on: October 05, 2017, 11:43:50 AM »
Lots of pics here. You can find the Chun one here here. She's just more shiny and less flat. Hard to describe but feels upgraded. Could be wrong. :idont

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/promotion/ae/

Looks like the PC version (which has better image quality and some extra effects over PS4) to me.  But I could be wrong, too.

and when I say the base game i mean the base fighting system and its mechanics. I think the basics of the game are good but need fleshing out if that makes sense.

Yes...I'm agreeing with you, lol.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1470 on: October 05, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »

:jawalrus
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1471 on: October 05, 2017, 11:51:11 AM »
Also, in a way, they are giving you a discount Username. AE comes with s1 and 2 characters in the box and is going to be released at an msrp of 40 dollars. Characters costs like 6 bucks. There will be 12 dlc characters when this drops. 12 X 6 is 72 dollars. But you get them in the box plus all stages and costumes for 40. So you already have that discount. Essentially, just buy the boxed version.

Weird thing to complain about.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1472 on: October 05, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »
I'm really likin dat gold in the UI :obama
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1473 on: October 05, 2017, 11:55:42 AM »
Have they said all stages and costumes are included? If so that's a good deal.

Capcom blog post just says
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will feature all 28 characters, including those from Season 1 and 2 – with one more from Season 2 still to be announced.

Himu

« Reply #1474 on: October 05, 2017, 11:57:35 AM »
That's my assumption because that's how all previous SF re-releases have been like and the stage select menu in the shadaloo link has stage select with no locks.

Either way, I still think it's a good deal.

I bought USFIV for ps4 and it has all dlc. So I assume they'll be doing the same thing here. :yeshrug Again, could be wrong.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1475 on: October 05, 2017, 12:00:50 PM »
Only USF4 gave you all costumes and some stages from SFxT. Super gave you the new stages and characters obviously, AE gave you new characters (except Dekappa) but none of the versions gave you any costumes. Maybe whatever they call the final version of SFV will give you everything but that will be awhile.

Never assume Capcom is giving away anything for free lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1476 on: October 05, 2017, 12:08:10 PM »
Also BB Tag is playable at NYCC so impressions are coming out

Basic BB tag rundown (hour 1 lmao)
So, game is designed to be pad friendly. 5 buttons, ABC, Tag, and Assist.

First, A/B are standard normals. There are command normals, 4X, 2X, I don't think there's 6X because of the way run works in this game lol (there's no walking, you just run). There are auto combos via 5AA.../5BB... on hit and block. 5aa, 5aaa and 5bb, 5bbb are special normals you can't do otherwise.

C button is...universal overhead or sweep for 5C and 2C respectively lol.

Tag button just tags, no idea what else.

Assist has 3 attacks, neutral, back, and forward.

There's a mechanic where you cause your assist to stay on screen and you can keep using them to attack. Not sue what the input is to start it, I think it's like 236 assist. They like, power up when they land on screen and it starts draining the assist call gauge until it's empty and then they leave. You can command them to do their assist attacks without cooldown, not entirely sure what the input is to command them but I think you hold assist and press A/B/C. A is neutral assist attack, B is forward assist and C is backwards assist.

ASSISTS CAN EAT SOME ATTACKS SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPECIFIC COMBOS EXIST

Macros, there's...BC (throw) tech window looks like BB. I think there's a command dash at the start of it, lol. A+Tag is 2 button DP. ABCD I think, is burst (costs 1 bar) and causes the combo to break and you switch characters.

Specials, 236 and 214 only it seems. A/B and C variants. C specials cost meter.

Supers are marvel style. 236BC and 214BC for level 1 and level 2 super respectively. Intuitive DHC's for team supers.

That's about all I have now! I'll tweet more later. Love ya bye

The bolded assist shit sounds wild as hell. I'm really digging the unique tag/assist mechanics that games are playing with now, very cool

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1477 on: October 05, 2017, 12:08:22 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1478 on: October 05, 2017, 12:26:28 PM »

:lawd

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1479 on: October 05, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »
the narrow focus on arcade mode was always corny imo. what the game lacked at launch was any kind of worthwhile single player way to play the game: survival was (and remains) ass, the mission stuff is drab, the short pre-story character stories were abysmal. now there is story at at least, even if that's a one-and-done deal. they should always have gone for a world tour style mode, it's offensive that capcom keeps not doing world tour modes tbh

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1480 on: October 05, 2017, 01:41:49 PM »
im just restating my basic complaint so i can keep complaining after this shit drops  8)

the different ladders for arcade mode looks cute tho

Himu

« Reply #1481 on: October 05, 2017, 02:05:06 PM »
I was hoping for a world tour mode. I don't fuck with single player content in fgs anymore unless it's story mode but I'd play World Tour. Alpha 3 used to be my favorite SF because of world tour. I wonder what I'd think of it now that v ism is the only competitive option.

One thing I'd love is multiplayer world tour where you play it co-op with a friend.

Brob: different ladders?
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1482 on: October 05, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »
Brob: different ladders?

they put out a screenshot showing what I assume is the arcade mode sub-menu which listed SF1, SF2, SFA, SF3, SF4 and SF5 as different options with an increasing amount of opponents. I assume you choose which arcade mode you want to play and it gives you opponents and bonus rounds related to those titles (there is a screenshot of the barrel bonus game)

Maybe Sagat will be the first DLC character in the next season and he is the last fight in the SF1 campaign? If the Arcade Edition launches in January that probably lines up well. that would be cool.

edit: here's the image

Bebpo

« Reply #1483 on: October 05, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »
Wish I hadn't bought SFV. This version is a good deal. Yeah, the gameplay updates are free, but this has the base game + S1/S2 season pass stuff included for $40. Much, much better deal. I haven't bought any of the season pass stuff so I might wait and see if this drops to $20 and rebuy it just to get the characters for cheaper.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1484 on: October 05, 2017, 02:28:31 PM »
Only USF4 gave you all costumes and some stages from SFxT. Super gave you the new stages and characters obviously, AE gave you new characters (except Dekappa) but none of the versions gave you any costumes. Maybe whatever they call the final version of SFV will give you everything but that will be awhile.

Never assume Capcom is giving away anything for free lol

Yeah, they don't say anything about the costumes and stages, and seeing as how they want folks to buy all that...I wouldn't count on them being there at all.  The stages I could see -maybe- being there, but not the costumes.  They want that cash.

Wish I hadn't bought SFV. This version is a good deal. Yeah, the gameplay updates are free, but this has the base game + S1/S2 season pass stuff included for $40. Much, much better deal. I haven't bought any of the season pass stuff so I might wait and see if this drops to $20 and rebuy it just to get the characters for cheaper.

They've put the season passes on sale before, so there's a good chance if anything that the passes will be dropped permanently to $20 each or made even cheaper.  But sure, waiting for it to drop to $20 on its own is could be cheaper...

...that is until Season 3 drops with more characters/stages/costumes/money that they want from you, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Season 3 starts with more DLC right when AE drops.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1485 on: October 05, 2017, 04:00:08 PM »
They've put a sizable amount trying to improve the game so I'll get the season 3 pass.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1486 on: October 05, 2017, 04:52:53 PM »
They're definitely putting a lot of budget/effort into trying to rescue/support SFV. I wonder if MvCI will get the same treatment and improvements over time.

Himu

« Reply #1487 on: October 05, 2017, 05:52:48 PM »
Reportedly, MVCI got a REALLY small budget.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #1488 on: October 05, 2017, 06:15:30 PM »
Reportedly, MVCI got a REALLY small budget.

As much as the SF5 DLC at most, IIRC.

Bebpo

« Reply #1489 on: October 05, 2017, 06:39:59 PM »
Which doesn't make any sense since Marvel brand is more popular than ever and MvC should have been a bigger hit than SF at this point with a good entry. Cheapskating the budget was fucking crazy. I would've bought it in an instant because I love MvC, but I skipped this one because the small mostly re-used roster and other stuff that's probably attributed to the budget. Game probably need another year in the oven with twice the budget.

Then again SFV absolutely needed another year+ in the oven, but it wasn't a budget issue, it was just rushing the game out for tournaments and saying fuck everyone else.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1490 on: October 06, 2017, 08:32:02 AM »
The rumor that MvCI had a low budget comes from a sketchy source (Liam Robertson, some Youtube dude who people say is usually full of shit), but it's hard to not look at the game and think that it didn't have a low budget. 

I still don't think that excuses the barebones, plain, poor presentation, however.  UMvC3 absolutely shits all over Infinite in this area.

SFV had a large(r) budget because Sony helped fund it.  Guess Capcom couldn't get Marvel to help in that area. 

ど助平

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1491 on: October 06, 2017, 10:27:28 AM »
all the stuff Liam Robertson said in that youtube vid is just a round up of all the forum chatter that's assumed to be true. All he did was pretend it was fact. He also included some verifiably sketch nonsense like the game having assets from multiple other capcom projects but then he only mentions umvc3 by name and even then he incorrectly said the character models were copied, instead of the rigs/animations. obviously the game isn't a high budget project, obviously there were restrictions from management regarding roster choices, etc, but this seems like a rando youtube who gets paid per click tbh, wouldn't trust it.

Himu

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1493 on: October 06, 2017, 11:51:14 PM »

:o

HYPE
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1494 on: October 07, 2017, 10:29:15 AM »
So are there going to be any actual gameplay changes or are they stopping at just adding another V-Trigger to mash on when you need a comeback?

Himu

« Reply #1495 on: October 07, 2017, 11:52:23 AM »
Dictator has psycho crusher again. So characters might have entirely new moves or this might be a result of V system. Who knows.
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1496 on: October 07, 2017, 12:35:43 PM »
So are there going to be any actual gameplay changes or are they stopping at just adding another V-Trigger to mash on when you need a comeback?

i hope they add full sets of v stuff rather than just new v-triggers, so you would choose v-trigger 1 which comes with a certain v-skill and a certain v-reversal. that way you could feasibly see different gameplans from the same characters depending on what v-set they chose. Sort of like how Ryu is different to play and to play against depending on which super art he choses in SF3:3S.

If it's just selectable v-triggers I don't expect there to be much change to the general approach to any given character. It would be like how selectable ultras in SF4 simply had you choosing which ultra you felt you could land more easily, and if both were about even in that regard, which did more damage.

Beezy

« Reply #1497 on: October 07, 2017, 12:38:35 PM »
Dictator has psycho crusher again. So characters might have entirely new moves or this might be a result of V system. Who knows.
:rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1498 on: October 07, 2017, 03:45:16 PM »
Tomo Ohira mini-doc!

ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1499 on: October 08, 2017, 04:56:10 PM »
So, Actually Finished Edition then? I haven't remotely seriously played a fighter in ages so I'd be up for this a bit if it's an actual game this time.
Hi