Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 434525 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Fighting Games Thread
« Reply #1500 on: October 08, 2017, 07:29:26 PM »
So, Actually Finished Edition then?

:girlaff

No. This is Capcom. Come on. :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1501 on: October 08, 2017, 10:26:24 PM »

MVCI is now 2v2 AND 3v3! Truly the greatest Vs game of our time :rejoice

Himu

« Reply #1502 on: October 08, 2017, 11:07:27 PM »
So, Actually Finished Edition then? I haven't remotely seriously played a fighter in ages so I'd be up for this a bit if it's an actual game this time.

No it's not finished edition. That'll be the final version released.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #1503 on: October 09, 2017, 12:02:14 AM »
MVCI is now 2v2 AND 3v3! Truly the greatest Vs game of our time :rejoice

3 Methte and they can't even 1shot Ironman. #CapcomPlz

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1504 on: October 09, 2017, 05:19:54 AM »
So, Actually Finished Edition then? I haven't remotely seriously played a fighter in ages so I'd be up for this a bit if it's an actual game this time.

Right, wait for 'SUPER' then.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1505 on: October 09, 2017, 07:19:04 AM »

Right, wait for 'SUPER' then.

In kidding aside, SFV is being updated similarly to an MMORPG in the sense that content is just going to keep on coming and isn't going to stop for the next few years, assuming sales of DLC keep up.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1506 on: October 09, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »
lyte and nacho you gotta read this thread

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/22/info-on-the-old-school-sf-scene/

I wonder what your experiences are. I'll talk about mine later.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1507 on: October 09, 2017, 05:05:56 PM »
Decided to see what competitive MKII play is like. :obama Impressed.

While I'm nostalgic...the intro is still one of the GOATs.

The music in that game is fucking perfect.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:17:33 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1508 on: October 09, 2017, 05:49:06 PM »
UMK3 is where the real wild shit is.

As far as old school stuff, it was just always about 7-11 for me. After school, walking to 7-11 with the lunch money I purposely didn't spend so I'd have a turn on SF2 :lol I always played lots of Honda and Dhalsim but really there were no "mains" or anything like that. Just having fun until the bigger kids came and beat us so they could play. That is what made me decide I had to get good, because I didn't want to get kicked off for the big kids.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1509 on: October 09, 2017, 06:24:47 PM »
U/MK3 days will always be the most impressive era for MK for me. I was young but the game was so fast I could never wrap my head around it. Loved watching the big kids play it though.

I know now it isn't really that fast, it's just the way it looks but still. Part of that was the excellent sound design as well. Everything about the game was either sleek and aggressive. Also Kabal OP.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1510 on: October 09, 2017, 10:04:11 PM »
Old-school stories?  Sure, still remember it pretty vividly!

Lived on Long Island back then.  Not in Manhattan, but out in the suburbs.  There were a lot of arcades and places that arcade machines around town back then.  The biggest spot was a place that went through multiple name changes.  It was called The Emporium, then Chuck E. Cheese, then the Emporium again, and then before we moved it became...Nathan's Hot Dogs (lol).  This was a game center/pizza place where kids went for birthday parties.

All that changed in 1991.  Now, I gotta say, I don't remember Street Fighter at all.  I'm sure it must have been around some local arcades back then, but I have no memories of playing it until after SFII came out.  Never heard anyone talk about it. and the only time I remember seeing anything on it was demos of Fighting Street on the TG-16 CD in Toys R Us.

When Street Fighter II released, I remember seeing a single machine in the Emporium.  It was unplayed.  Then several weeks later, they suddenly had multiple machines and crowds of people around them playing.  Not kids...but teenagers and adults.  Huge shift in the player base there.  I was one of the few kids my age who played SFII (I was 10-11 when it came out) and I absolutely SUCKED at it.  I mean, I couldn't even block-- instead of holding back, I was essentially trying to parry by tapping back at the right time, lol.  I also remember going to a birthday party, at a place with mini golf and batting cages, and telling the kid's mom that I was just gonna stay in the arcade there.  I got my ass kicked by an older kid who just picked Blanka and did his electricity.  And my dumb ass couldn't beat it.  I ran home and told my brother and he laughed at how dumb I was, lol. 

From here, Street Fighter II just EXPLODED.  If an arcade didn't have it, nobody cared about that place anymore.  Multiple machines were in arcades.  Machines were in comic shops, convenience stores, restaurants...you name it.  It was everywhere and the hype surrounding it was insane.  If you weren't into games (or even born!) back then, you just won't get how crazy the arcade scene became and was changed up forever because of this game.  There was nothing else like it at the time.

On a personal level, this changed me as well.  Since none of my friends played the game, I felt like I was almost "babysitting" other kids when I'd try to get them to play it and would spend more time hanging out with my older brother and his friends to play it instead.  We were the first ones in our neighborhood to get a Super Nintendo (bought when SFII came out, of course), and had a massive gathering in our basement playing the game for hours on end.  There was also a time when my brother beat me something like 21+ matches straight and got a perfect or two.  He never let me live that down.  :lol

Then at the end of '92, we moved down to Atlanta.  Not as many arcades as Long Island, but still enough around.  But something happened.  A new game had come out that pulled a lot of the Street Fighter players away.  It had "realistic" graphics and even blood.  Mortal Kombat had come out and it dethroned SFII.  Sure, the release of Turbo/Hyper Fighting in 1993 helped a bit, but for the most part, it was all about Mortal Kombat.  Samurai Shodown 1 also had a pretty decent following at one local arcade for a time. 

Mortal Kombat was followed by MKII and then Killer Instinct as the big games.  I don't recall Mortal Kombat III being particularly that popular until it came out on home consoles.  I still kept playing SF2T and then SSF2, but that was pretty much it-- for whatever reason, none of the local arcades had Super Turbo.  NONE of them.  One place had the machine for a weekend before they moved it elsewhere.  I watched a disgruntled Babbage's employee try and fail to play as Akuma multiple times and that was about it.  Going back a year, Virtua Fighter came out and was kind of a novelty.  People thought it was pretty cool, but it didn't quite have the same following as the 2D games.  Ditto for Tekken.  I remember VF2 being way more popular, but it wasn't at my local arcades.  I don't recall a 3D fighter being big in my area until Tekken 2 came out.

Meanwhile, I moved on to Samurai Shodown II in '94 (didn't care much for KI and MK) and then to Street Fighter Alpha 1 in '95.  Alpha 1 was everywhere but Alpha 2 was nowhere to be found in 1996.  I remember playing it on PS1 before I finally played the arcade version.

That was also the beginning of the end.  In 1995, the 32-bit generation started, and "arcade at home" started to become a thing.  Arcades stuck around for another 5 years or so, and even had some big hits like the Vs. games and Tekken 3/Tag (absolutely HUGE in ATL), but the same crowds that were around back in the early 90s were long gone.  I worked at a game shop during this time and made friends with plenty of people and went to various gatherings to play games.  (I also finally made up for that SFII beating from my brother when I destroyed him and his friend in Alpha 2 like 40+ matches straight!  :lol)

Anyway, going back to the early days of arcade fighters, I missed those days a lot and kind of floundered in the early 2000s.  I'd play games with friends, but they were really only interested in Street Fighter or Tekken and didn't want to play much else.  I was way more into the Neo Geo during this time.  Then in 2001 I went to Japan and it was like I went through a time warp back to the early 90s.  Arcades everywhere and lots of people playing them.  Went back again in 2004 for a month and got to see KOF Neowave release...with massive lines queued up to play, just like the glory days of SFII!  Moved there the next year and was right near a big game center, where I could go to play all the latest fighters.  It was pretty awesome.  I remember getting up one morning in July 2008 and walking down to the game center to be the first one to play the new Street Fighter IV machines that had just been set up.  That sparked some popularity, but not huge crowds.

And then I moved back to the States.  Arcades were long-dead, but online play was finally getting better on consoles.  A lot of my friends have moved away or moved on from games (or fighting games), so I'm glad I can always hop on and play stuff any time!  :)
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1511 on: October 09, 2017, 10:56:34 PM »
MK3 was my first fighting game. :) It was fun cheesing people with Cyrax's webs and body slamming them to 0HP. :lol

Unfortunately Smash followed shortly after that and was much more fun for me. :D

Himu

« Reply #1512 on: October 09, 2017, 11:19:46 PM »
UMK3 is where the real wild shit is.

As far as old school stuff, it was just always about 7-11 for me. After school, walking to 7-11 with the lunch money I purposely didn't spend so I'd have a turn on SF2 :lol I always played lots of Honda and Dhalsim but really there were no "mains" or anything like that. Just having fun until the bigger kids came and beat us so they could play. That is what made me decide I had to get good, because I didn't want to get kicked off for the big kids.

UMK3 was my favorite growing up but I figured it would be the worst of the "classic games" besides 1. Interesting.

As for me, I was 6 when SFII came out. I played video games on my uncles Nintendo but I wasn't obsessed with games. I liked Mario and Zelda and that was about it. They were just a fun diversion. Street Fighter II changed that. It was not only the first game I truly well and fell in love with but it was also my first arcade game at a grand old place called Golf and Games. Good news? I fucking loved Street Fighter. Bad news? I lived in the burbs and was 6-8 years at its height. The only way I got to play SF was if my mom took me to the arcade (rare) or we went to a convenience store or grocery store and they had it. As a little kid in the suburbs in Houston where you can't get around with driving, havig regular arcade sessions wasn't really a thing and being gifted with the opportunity to play at the arcade was always the best ever.

Still though, despite that I'm proud to say I got to at least exoerience some of SFII at its height. A machine was almost every where you went and I never had change to play since I didn't get allowance so I always had to beg. And since I was a little kid who couldn't play much I always lost my quarter in a jiffy. :lol To make matters worse, all my spots that had SFII like my first arcade Golf and Games died in the early 90's despite being in the middle of the SFII craze. And it wasn't like today where you had information at your finger tips. If your arcade closed and you didn't know of another one you were shit out of luck. Until you found another and that closed down. Repeat. Despite all of these obstacles I still persevered and had (and still do) a really big passion for SF.

Eventually SFII came to the Genesis via CHAMPION DA GAWD EDITION. So after that all the arcades closing stung less. I was never a big fan of Hyper Fighting because it was too fast. :lol Now I wouldn't have it any other way. Unfortunately I remember SF slowing down around the time Mortal Konbat II came out. I think that was around the same time Super came out and no one gave a shit about it. No grocery stores or 7/11's were carrying Super. MK was the new hotness, but I never lost the passion for SF and always, always went back to that. I only played Super's cab once in my life time. That's how much no one gave a shit. The fact Super Turbo wasn't on Genesis was a huge deathblow for me. I don't recall any kid talking about Super Turbo. It was like the SF craze was already dead and buried by the time it came out.

More and more arcades closed and less and less amusement centers stocked fighting games. By 96, it was all about light gun shooters like Area 51 and Time Cop with the rare Metal Slug and Daytona. Virtua Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Konbat were probably the most prominent fighters of this era but nothing clicked with me as much as SF did. So I kept playing arcade mode in fighting games at home, desperate for some competition...

It wasn't until I was in high school I became an arcade rat. By then I had the ability to travel to arcades by bumming rides off friends. I'd go to the arcade almost every day after school, still limited in my money but had enough to have some fun. My group loved arcades so we traveled around the city to see what's left of the cities arcade scene. This was 2000-2004. I got back into fighting games in a big way this way and it sparked my desire for competition and I had a rival. One time I thought a DDR stage was wayyy beyond my skill and just stepped off. He got visibly angry and screamed,"DONT LET ME EVER, EVER SEE YOU GIVE UP AGAIN. IF YOU DO I'LL KICK YOUR ASS." :lol He was an asshole but a jovial one. Tilt was our hangout grounds and every Friday night it was rumble time. Dudes from all over the city would come and crowd around the sole MvC2 cab. CvS2 at the Galleria Tilt. Guitar Freaks at that one bowling alley we found. I was hooked on arcade game culture and was starting to learn how to play fighters for real real.

Unfortunately I graduated, went to college, and the arcade scene died soon after that. Or whatever what was left of it. My Tilt was turned into a clothing store. I still sometimes pass that place and get really, really emotional. :(

I thought that was it, and then SFIV came out and the rest was history. For the first time ever I could have actual competition and the ability and resources to learn how to play and hang with good players.

As for Golf and Games, it became a race track I think, then a hardware store, then a church. I don't know what it is now.

Hope this wasn't long winded.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1513 on: October 09, 2017, 11:38:31 PM »
My favorite arcade moment isn't even SF related. Mortal Kombat II was massive. I remember when it came out we had 30 or so people crowded around the cab. I watched this really good player decimate everyone. I put my quarter on the machine and had watch it get closer and closer to my turn as he bodied person after person. He bodied me and my shifty Sub Zero too. I didn't dare re-challenge him but just sat back and watched since I had enough money to last me the entire day. When I think of arcades and fighting games in particular of the 90's, that memory is burned into my brain.

What a dope genre.
IYKYK

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #1514 on: October 10, 2017, 09:36:38 AM »
I want to buy a Samurai Shodown and King of Fighters game for my switch; which is the best one from each series?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1515 on: October 10, 2017, 11:04:35 AM »
KoF 98 AND 02.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1516 on: October 10, 2017, 11:37:26 AM »
Yep, on the Switch I'd go with KOF 98 and SamSho 4. IIRC Switch doesn't have 2002 yet

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1517 on: October 10, 2017, 11:42:02 AM »
My favorite arcade moment isn't even SF related. Mortal Kombat II was massive. I remember when it came out we had 30 or so people crowded around the cab. I watched this really good player decimate everyone. I put my quarter on the machine and had watch it get closer and closer to my turn as he bodied person after person. He bodied me and my shifty Sub Zero too. I didn't dare re-challenge him but just sat back and watched since I had enough money to last me the entire day. When I think of arcades and fighting games in particular of the 90's, that memory is burned into my brain.

What a dope genre.
I remember the first time I saw MK2 was at the arcade at the mall when my family lived in Baltimore. Was there with a friend's family and his mother sent us down there while she was looking at clothes. A bunch of people were checking it out and we just watched two guys fight, then one of them did the Shang Tsung fatality where he steals the other player's soul and the entire crowd of people just lost their minds. :lol

Himu

« Reply #1518 on: October 10, 2017, 03:56:19 PM »
Mortal Kombat was WILD back then. I shouldn't really be shocked MKX's sales numbers. Going by the numbers those cabs saw back in the day. I wish I could get MKX as a former MK stan. But I don't like the way those games feel anymore and the blood and gore have been stepped up to a way I'm not okay with these days. Shame.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:06:17 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1519 on: October 10, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »
So.

It took me years but I think I hit the next level. IDK. I played 3s last night on Fightcade. First time in months, honestly. And...wow. I don't know what happened after SCR. I mean, I still lost a lot, but it was so competitive despite my inexperience with the game. My zoning has been stepped up 10x some how and I was a fucking threat to him despite not being a 3S player. I had a lot of fun and I just don't understand how I was able to play that well and why it came off so naturally now. I really put in the time with the genre but it's so unreal to feel. Like, I feel like I'm at a point now where I can pick up most fighters and figure out the characters toolsets and strengths/weaknesses in a few minutes now. Or at least, their basic gameplan. Weird feeling to explain.
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1520 on: October 10, 2017, 06:18:02 PM »
fundamentals

Himu

« Reply #1521 on: October 10, 2017, 06:37:46 PM »
also i might have been wrong about 3s and its zoning. I used to think parrying rid it of zoning, and I love zoning. But really, good zoning makes zoning viable. Being unpredictable makes it harder for them to parry, and you can catch a hit. The parry just offers another layer to the mind games. I might be wrong about the game.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1522 on: October 10, 2017, 07:42:37 PM »
I want to buy a Samurai Shodown and King of Fighters game for my switch; which is the best one from each series?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

KOF '98, easily.  As for SS, it's a little more difficult.  If you want better atmosphere/music, but much more simplistic game play, get SS1.  If you want more complex game play and better graphics, but with less/worse audio and more generic, static backgrounds, get SS4.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1523 on: October 11, 2017, 01:27:40 AM »

:lol
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1524 on: October 11, 2017, 02:02:47 AM »
happy 25th MK

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1525 on: October 11, 2017, 08:34:34 PM »
got my custom stick
 :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Himu

« Reply #1526 on: October 11, 2017, 09:58:45 PM »
:lol :lol :lol
IYKYK

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1527 on: October 11, 2017, 11:16:41 PM »
got my custom stick
 :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

slap a width argument in ur tags m8
◕‿◕

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1528 on: October 12, 2017, 11:00:23 AM »
How's that work

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1529 on: October 12, 2017, 11:05:30 AM »
[img width=reasonable number]

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1530 on: October 13, 2017, 01:02:47 PM »
Many thanks to you sir

Beezy

« Reply #1531 on: October 15, 2017, 04:55:00 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #1532 on: October 15, 2017, 06:08:22 PM »
Looks dope, especially that Strider super in $$$ graphics.

Himu

« Reply #1533 on: October 15, 2017, 06:12:32 PM »
Don't like it :yeshrug
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1534 on: October 15, 2017, 06:45:38 PM »
Don't like it :yeshrug

The look or gameplay or what? I mean the non-strider look has the awful sidechops and is ugly, but the strider look is cool and the moveset seems fun.

Himu

« Reply #1535 on: October 15, 2017, 07:22:01 PM »
another rush down character :yeshrug
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1536 on: October 15, 2017, 07:46:29 PM »
The 70s theme in both design and music is pretty cool.

:idont
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1537 on: October 15, 2017, 10:50:30 PM »
watched the trailer again, and....I mean, it's not as bad as when I saw it this morning.

I guess this season does have diverse characters. You've got a set up character (Ed), technical character (Menat), shotokan (Akuma), grappler (Abigail), and now rushdown (zeku).

Plus I listened to it with actual speakers this time and I like the theme. Not my kinda character tho.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1538 on: October 15, 2017, 10:51:25 PM »
Looks good.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1539 on: October 17, 2017, 04:23:31 AM »
Amazing night of fighting games for me.

Played Vampire Savior with FACE from gaf. I like Lei Lei. She's hard though. Hard game. We tried out Bashomon link combos and lol doing that shit online. :lol

Played ST on Fightcade. Got stomped. Got depressed because I wasn't seeing any progress. Really wondered why I bother with this genre. Had real sodium for real.

Talked to friend who goes to my locals. He calmed me down and said to just play shit load of games and I'll see the progress I want. "Spreading yourself too thin" be damned. We decided to play Melty. We kept at it for like an hour. First time really playing Melty and that game might be gawd tier. It's truly amazing. Shame no one plays it but it's got a new player right here. Our set was getting really fun at the end especially with our mirror match. I was doing some technical shit despite being new to it. Games has serious depth. We're going to start hanging at locals. He's bringing his Neo Geo this Friday. He is an absolute sweet heart.

Then my ST teacher hopped on. I told him how frustrated I was earlier. He talked me through it and how everyone was shit at the game when they started, even OGs and that I was making good progress. We practiced defensive/offensive play with Chun mirror (he plays Chun). All it was was fireball wars, pushing into the corner, and trying to punish cr mk and win. But he's a top tier player so it was  really hard. Jumping forward wasn't allowed, super wasn't allowed. Just neutral, jumping back, fb, and normals. When he was ahead, he played defensively, when we were even/I was ahead, he played aggressive. It was just pure mind games and we kept it up for an hour and a half. He trained someone else earlier and said all that guy did was bitch and that there was no point, but that I kept at it despite the struggle and learned faster than him because I didn't give up. I learned a lot tonight. Took me an hour and a half to beat him clean.

Fighting games...

Played from 8 pm to 3 am.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:32:32 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1540 on: October 17, 2017, 10:26:27 AM »
Also, I gotta say, real talk, that I think part of the reason Daigo and Nuki are so good is because they mastered Vsav and both played Bashomon. Shout out to those who call Daigo a "tier whore". Dude played Guile in ST. Guile ain't even near the top in that game. He also played Bashomon in Vsav and was still the best at it despite being perhaps the hardest character. Let's talk about how hard Bashomon is. Bash can only do combo a special unless you hit a link. He can only DP if you guard cancel.

Now look at Nuki and Daigo duke it out on Vsav.

Pretty clear to me that Daigo just plays characters he likes at this point.

Also, No Amirox but Daigo is really, really cute in this vid. NO AMIROX. :badass
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:16:22 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1541 on: October 17, 2017, 12:39:36 PM »
Needed to go back and watch this video from when I was a fighting game scrub to ease that salt and feel my determination.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:51:43 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1542 on: October 17, 2017, 10:30:52 PM »
Am I missing something with "Bashomon?"  :P
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1543 on: October 18, 2017, 02:34:18 AM »
mobile kb.

So tonight my teacher and I are having an ST sesh and there's a fucking Akuma player in chat from Singapore taunting everyone about good he is. So my teacher is like,"lol brb I gotta play this Akuma." So we close the window and he challenges the dude (Akumaster) to a game. Akumaster ignores it and we try to goad him. I tell him St Akuma players are pussies and he immediately sends me a challenge (:lol) and ignores my teachers. I'm like, fight my friend. He sent a challenge. And Akumaster just goes,"scared. you're scared. You wont accept my challenge" and we try our hardest to goad him into fighting my teach. "Scared. You scared." "Why don't you accept ______'s challenge? Aren't you the scared one? I'll play you after him. He sent a request before you sent one to me" "Did he? I blocked him." :rofl So we decide to continue our play and teach can't let it go. "I gotta play that Akuma lol. I'm going to sign in on my alt." So we quit and then fucking AKUMASTER leaves the second we close the window.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1544 on: October 18, 2017, 08:39:18 AM »
Using Akuma in ST, lol.  I wouldn't have bothered responding.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1545 on: October 18, 2017, 09:14:16 PM »
Game looks dope lol. We playing it at locals this week.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1546 on: October 19, 2017, 03:10:27 AM »
Practiced execution only tonight.

I'm not sure if I did this right because it didn't combo but I had fun doing it tonight.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1547 on: October 20, 2017, 02:59:37 AM »
:gladbron :gladbron :gladbron

BREAKERS REVENGE IS FUCKING DOPE BREHS
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1548 on: October 20, 2017, 07:28:46 AM »
Yeah, that was a pretty good, extremely overlooked game.

Before Revenge was out, I once tried to buy Breakers on the NeoGeo CD back in 1997.  My friend was on the phone with one of the import game sellers (can't remember who but they had ads in Gamefan...maybe it was their old store) ordering some stuff and I gave him a few games to order for me too.  The guy refused to sell him Breakers, saying "you don't want that game...it's trash."  Seriously would not sell it.  Fucking bizarre.
:huh

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1549 on: October 20, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »
If I uploaded a 40 minute breakers revenge set between my friend and I would any of you watch
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1550 on: October 20, 2017, 06:34:46 PM »
Been playing some Saturn fighting games recently and, man, 3D Saturn fighting games are pretty garbo, especially compared to the beautiful, fast-faced 2D arcade ports. Last Bronx is the most recent one I've played and it's basically got the same problem as all the others: slow, floaty controls, and ugly 3D graphics. Are there any that are particularly worth putting any meaningful time into?
dog

Himu

« Reply #1551 on: October 20, 2017, 09:10:07 PM »
Virtua Fighter 2, Fighters Megamix, Fighting Vipers, and Virtua On. Maybe Battle Arena Toshinden 2.
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1552 on: October 21, 2017, 05:22:14 PM »
Queen, in addition to the Maximilian videos you posted above this video by Pat the flip about how to learn from losing is pretty good, if a bit rambling. Also this google doc by sunfish, which is similar, but more focused on how to put together the specific steps needed to improve.

Himu

« Reply #1553 on: October 21, 2017, 07:56:41 PM »
Yeah I've seen Pat's vids. I'm past the salt though. I'm playing and learning multiple games now and surprisingly that's make my learning process easier and I'm out of the hole.
IYKYK

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #1554 on: October 21, 2017, 10:48:23 PM »
Hey all.

I'll try to post tournament info in here. Don't feel like making a seperate thread unless if necessary.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1555 on: October 21, 2017, 10:50:31 PM »
Hey all.

I'll try to post tournament info in here. Don't feel like making a seperate thread unless if necessary.

Are you the one that did the weekly ones? Don't do that. Just post the information in here, people will see it.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #1556 on: October 21, 2017, 10:56:19 PM »
Hey all.

Are you the one that did the weekly ones? Don't do that. Just post the information in here, people will see it.
Yes, that's what I will be doing.

Himu

« Reply #1557 on: October 22, 2017, 12:44:32 AM »
<3 hey trip
IYKYK

Coco Jamboo

« Reply #1558 on: October 22, 2017, 02:26:49 PM »
My autism made me create an account on this forum just to correct something Cindi said: Doing links to special cancel normals isn't something exclusive to Bishamon, in Vampire Savior you can only cancel chained normals into supers(called EX Moves) and not all supers can be cancelled into, it's usually only supers with raging demon-esque inputs.

PS: That LucasrRocha2013 guy plays Guilty Gear Xrd and he's a gigantic cunt.

Himu

« Reply #1559 on: October 22, 2017, 06:02:45 PM »
Thanks face!

What he do in GG
IYKYK