Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428863 times)

Himu

Re: Fighting Games Thread ~ GEESE IN TEKKEN 7 NOT PREDICTOBORU
« Reply #1200 on: July 24, 2017, 11:24:31 AM »
Apparently Tomo traveled across the entire country and no one could beat him.

Dude from Japan fought Tomo and said there were only 4 maybe 5 dudes who could hang with him. Crazy.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1201 on: July 24, 2017, 11:26:30 AM »
Have you ever heard of the story of Korean backdash? Apparently they had some Tekken tournament and a Korean player came. He had the kbd and could out maneuver every player. It was completely new tech to them.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1202 on: July 24, 2017, 11:28:44 AM »
Apparently Tomo traveled across the entire country and no one could beat him.

Nothing is confirmed, nor were there organized tourneys all over the place like there are now back then.

Dude from Japan fought Tomo and said there were only 4 maybe 5 dudes who could hang with him. Crazy.

From the post above:
While Tomo was certainly very strong, one of the reasons he has this mythical status was because he was just that much better than the rest of the competition in the US. Whereas in Japan, there were A LOT of very strong players, so very few players really stood out, and from this group it wasn't easy to decide who was best.

Also from that time period, when people say "best in the U.S.," they usually mean "best in northern and/or southern California."  :P  It's too bad that things weren't bigger and more organized back then, because that is when Street Fighter was a phenomenon and just on fire everywhere.  Something like Evo back then would have been INSANE.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1203 on: July 24, 2017, 11:35:10 AM »
Here's Tomo getting beaten by a Japanese Dictator player years later, in Hyper SF2:

And again by an O.Ryu player:

I like that he's using ST Ryu (I.E., super move) despite saying that he didn't like supers.  :doge
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1204 on: July 24, 2017, 11:44:02 AM »
It feels like Japan was more organized. Capcom hosted tournaments and everything there. Meanwhile I couldn't find an arcade that could stay open. :beli

Early SFII days still fascinates the fuck out of me. The experience was unparalleled.

He might not like supers but N Ryu creams O Ryu for the most part. You don't have to like it to use it. I know lots of Tekken players who hate rage arts but still use them.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1205 on: July 24, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »
It feels like Japan was more organized. Capcom hosted tournaments and everything there. Meanwhile I couldn't find an arcade that could stay open. :beli

Early SFII days still fascinates the fuck out of me. The experience was unparalleled.

I lived in New York at the time and it was amazing.  Not just arcades, but all kinds of stores everywhere had SF2 cabs and shit was always packed with players.  It was so crazy.  We'd usually go to the Emporium, an arcade that got turned into a Chuck E. Cheese, then went back to the Emporium, then was Chuck E. Cheese again, then became Nathan's Hot Dogs, but always retained a large arcade area with multiple SF2 and SF2' CE cabs with large crowds.

Then we moved down to Georgia and it wasn't the same.  There were plenty of arcades around, but there were nowhere near the amount of players.  SF2 had dropped off by that point, however, because of a new game called "Mortal Kombat."
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1206 on: July 24, 2017, 11:52:07 AM »
Over here, as a little kid who loved fighting games, you had to constantly find a new arcade. It got a point where you just relied on the home version because lol if your parents could take you to the arcade regularly.

Lyte you should play ST on Fightcade with me sometime to help me with my neutral and spacing.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1207 on: July 24, 2017, 11:52:23 AM »
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/125882/the-myth-of-tomo-ohira-debunked

hi guys,jeff,tomo and mike are like the little sisterhood of false boast and lies.How sad is it that they have 360s and tomo wont reveal his friggin gamertags to me or anyone else.Ill be making some TOMO call out vids real soon tomo is a BITCH you see THE TRUTH is always way DIFFRENT then these myths and legends people bee leeve about something.TOMO if your soo fucking good play me 1st to 7 rotate characters each match ohh wait you only play ryu and guile LOL guile is a fail on online sf 2 HF your a fail tomo.All youve done since 1994 is RUN and you know what im calling you a chicken shit becuase you are scared of me and what I will do to your rep and legacy once I hit the record button if we ever play,I predict a 7 to 0 victory rocky rose CRUSHES TOMO.

Mike watson has refused to play me online as well,He claims lag but HF traditional runs smooth and fast 1vs 1 we can set match lobby to privite mike so no one can jion in and lag the game up.Mike is recently been in a video mouthing off to DSP becuase mike is soooo sore that DSP raped him last time they played ST.MIKE I PROMISE if you get the balls to play me on xbox live I will beat your ass and show the whole sf 2 community your NOTHNG but a joke A VERY FAT JOKE would you like a DOUGHNUT and some diet coke??

:lol :lol :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1208 on: July 24, 2017, 11:53:26 AM »
Over here, as a little kid who loved fighting games, you had to constantly find a new arcade.

Lyte you should play ST on Fightcade with me sometime to help me with my neutral and spacing.

I keep forgetting about Fightcade.  Still have never tried it. 

It's gonna be weird playing ST after playing so much Ultra SF2.  Balancing is so fucked in ST.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1209 on: July 24, 2017, 11:54:50 AM »
That's why it's so fun.  :lawd

A couple of bad moves and you're dead.  Truly is speed chess.

USFII has Violent Ken and Evil Ryu so it's not like USFII doesn't have its own bad balance choices.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1210 on: July 24, 2017, 11:59:34 AM »
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/125882/the-myth-of-tomo-ohira-debunked

hi guys,jeff,tomo and mike are like the little sisterhood of false boast and lies.How sad is it that they have 360s and tomo wont reveal his friggin gamertags to me or anyone else.Ill be making some TOMO call out vids real soon tomo is a BITCH you see THE TRUTH is always way DIFFRENT then these myths and legends people bee leeve about something.TOMO if your soo fucking good play me 1st to 7 rotate characters each match ohh wait you only play ryu and guile LOL guile is a fail on online sf 2 HF your a fail tomo.All youve done since 1994 is RUN and you know what im calling you a chicken shit becuase you are scared of me and what I will do to your rep and legacy once I hit the record button if we ever play,I predict a 7 to 0 victory rocky rose CRUSHES TOMO.

Mike watson has refused to play me online as well,He claims lag but HF traditional runs smooth and fast 1vs 1 we can set match lobby to privite mike so no one can jion in and lag the game up.Mike is recently been in a video mouthing off to DSP becuase mike is soooo sore that DSP raped him last time they played ST.MIKE I PROMISE if you get the balls to play me on xbox live I will beat your ass and show the whole sf 2 community your NOTHNG but a joke A VERY FAT JOKE would you like a DOUGHNUT and some diet coke??

:lol :lol :lol

Why he so mad about this shit? It isn't the 90's anymore. He just looks pathetic. Mike Watson is a great player too. :yeshrug
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1211 on: July 24, 2017, 12:03:55 PM »
Hey, you, child of the corn. You conveniently did not ever reply to my challenge to you. GGPO, HF, let's go. Or would you rather keep chasing players that don't even play anymore just so you could tell the other children of the corn about how they dodge you?

Hey Isaac, a time of tribulation has come. A test, the Final Test, is at hand.

:lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1212 on: July 26, 2017, 03:16:22 AM »
fighting games are so hard  :-\

Dosu: Have you read this history of SFII in polygon? It's amazing.

https://www.polygon.com/a/street-fighter-2-oral-history
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1213 on: July 26, 2017, 07:16:55 AM »
Looks familiar, but will check it out again.  :)

Abigail in SFV is so much fun to play as!  Swatting fireballs away is just  :lol :lol :lol so awesome.  There's bit of Hugo here and there, but he otherwise feels like a very new and unique character.  He has some surprisingly good pokes and it looks like a lot of his game is going to revolve around his v-trigger (makes him stronger and you can even swat away multi-hit fireballs in this state, lmao) and his dashing mechanic- you hit two buttons to go into a crouching state, and from here you can dash forward and punch, kick, parry, throw, or dash back to dodge stuff.  There are some 'super armor' properties in this state so you can take some types of hits and still get close.  And yeah, I said parry- his v-skill is a very Hugo-like parry move that you can do high or low.  Dude definitely has a lot of tools.  When v-trigger is active, you can also hold down fierce punch and charge it up momentarily, which will let you punch through a lot of stuff and stun opponents.   His presence almost feels like a game-changer in some match-ups, because shit you might do against anyone else is not going to be effective against him.  But this is all after the first night so I'm sure things will change.  I enjoyed getting online and fighting some higher-level players with him.  One guy using Akuma Tokido-level bodied me, but apart from him things were more even.  Did some mirrors (picked up some things!) and fought against some various players who I get the impression had no clue what to do against him.  This guy makes Zangief look small and I scared a Gief player into backing away when I kept punching and kicking him right out of stuff.   :lol  I can't remember the last time a new character had people guessing or outright scared.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1214 on: July 26, 2017, 09:50:24 AM »
Fuck Abigail. I'd poke the shit out that asshole
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1215 on: July 26, 2017, 05:11:21 PM »
lol on fightcade, fought some dude. Beat his Gief just straight turtling and poking. Then beat his Ken. Then he switches to fucking Akuma. Wack ass mfer. :sabu
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1216 on: July 27, 2017, 07:26:07 AM »
That first match :rofl
ど助平

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #1217 on: July 27, 2017, 08:56:15 AM »
Should I buy Tekken 7 or is SFV finally good?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1218 on: July 27, 2017, 09:17:44 AM »

SFV is a lot better now, but you will have to spend more on DLC to get everything.  A lot can be unlocked if you grind for fight money, which isn't too bad initially since you get a good amount for going through the story modes, which are easy as dirt to complete.

Tekken 7 has more content right out of the gate (including much better single player options), although it also is going to start getting DLC soon (including Tekken Bowl!).  Tekken 7 is better on PC (cleaner visuals and better online play), whereas SFV is about the same on PS4/PC and has cross-play.  It still looks better on PC, but they recently updated the visuals a bit (character shadowing is about on par with PC now) on PS4 and it looks better.

I also generally find it easier and faster to get into online matches in SFV.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1219 on: July 27, 2017, 09:40:56 AM »

:lol at the first match

You defend this? He did this and it wasn't consuming any resources! :rofl
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1220 on: July 27, 2017, 09:52:41 AM »

stick parts came in last night. tonight i'll make this into something useful!

Himu

« Reply #1221 on: July 27, 2017, 10:33:46 AM »
Make stick?
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1222 on: July 27, 2017, 10:41:08 AM »

:lol at the first match

You defend this? He did this and it wasn't consuming any resources! :rofl

What am I defending?  ???  I said he's fun as hell to play as...look at that!  :lol :doge 

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Gief player wasn't blocking it.  He could have blocked or did a V-reversal.
:neogaf
[close]
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1223 on: July 27, 2017, 10:47:10 AM »
Make stick?
Ya it's some Korean brand of case that can use both JP and KR sticks and was only $55 so I figured I'd give it a shot. For the price it's very solid. Good quality plastic and a thick metal plate on the bottom. Feels good and has a great heft to it.

Himu

« Reply #1224 on: July 27, 2017, 10:49:56 AM »
The design is very MCZ...I expect a review later :)
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1225 on: July 27, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »

7. That was an easy question.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1226 on: July 28, 2017, 07:30:39 AM »
Footage of Smug, Momochi, and Evo winner Tokido using Abigail.

I swear, this guy may be the most popular DLC character in the game.  I played for a bit last night and almost everyone I played was using him.  :lol  Did an Abigail mirror against a pretty high-ranked player.  He won 3-2, but it was pretty close.  I figured he wanted to keep practicing and decided to do the next with Birdie, but he switched to his main, Bison, and destroyed me as quickly as possible.  Dude was taunting at the end.  Salty winners make me LOL.  :lol

Switched back to Cammy to see how she fared and got steamrolled by a n00b Abigail.  Dude was spamming running attacks and I still lost.  That armor stopped me dead in my tracks and I had to play insanely defensive to get anything in.  :dizzy
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1227 on: July 28, 2017, 11:57:22 PM »

:lawd
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1228 on: July 29, 2017, 04:34:13 PM »
Footage of Smug, Momochi, and Evo winner Tokido using Abigail.

I swear, this guy may be the most popular DLC character in the game.  I played for a bit last night and almost everyone I played was using him.  :lol  Did an Abigail mirror against a pretty high-ranked player.  He won 3-2, but it was pretty close.  I figured he wanted to keep practicing and decided to do the next with Birdie, but he switched to his main, Bison, and destroyed me as quickly as possible.  Dude was taunting at the end.  Salty winners make me LOL.  :lol

Switched back to Cammy to see how she fared and got steamrolled by a n00b Abigail.  Dude was spamming running attacks and I still lost.  That armor stopped me dead in my tracks and I had to play insanely defensive to get anything in.  :dizzy

I played about 20 matches against my friend (who spends most of his day playing SF online), only one once and that was with Abigail. He also showed me Abigail's story mode... ridiculous :P
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1229 on: August 02, 2017, 01:49:14 PM »
Street Fighter V season pass $10

http://amzn.to/2uZPqy7
fat

Himu

« Reply #1230 on: August 02, 2017, 06:46:05 PM »
HYPE

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1231 on: August 06, 2017, 02:14:28 PM »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1232 on: August 13, 2017, 08:47:05 PM »
The cringe-factor here is off the charts.  Plus those lies.
:delicious
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #1233 on: August 13, 2017, 11:57:50 PM »
Eh, the lying is the biggest problem. Him not knowing how to play should've just been in the forefront.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1234 on: August 17, 2017, 11:53:02 AM »

Mew Marvel trailer, roster is complete at 30. Ghost Rider and Dormammu look cool  :lawd

Plus details on modes and such
https://twitter.com/TheStreetWriter/status/898203385647824897

MVCi gonna have Arcade mode before SFV and replays before T7 :heh

Himu

« Reply #1235 on: August 17, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »
Good matches.

10:17 the Ryu vs Ken match is great. Dragon boy's Ryu is :delicious

Liliman got murdered. lol

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:08:47 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1237 on: August 17, 2017, 05:12:58 PM »

This WNF ST tournament is dope.

Tournament starts at 1:10.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1238 on: August 17, 2017, 09:21:51 PM »
Himu, have you tried Ultra SF2 yet?
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1239 on: August 17, 2017, 10:05:45 PM »
No. It doesn't look competition viable with the new additions and no one is playing it competitively (everyone is sticking to ST) so no point. And at this point in the game it'd be a distraction to play USFII, especially at length because I could possibly get confused on the balancing changes and get the two games mixed up. When I'm aiming for participating in ST tournaments that's kind of bad for me. So, nope. Long answer, hell no.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1240 on: August 18, 2017, 03:30:07 AM »

Man I could watch ST daily. Might start becoming my favorite SF.

Anddddd...this sets starts out HYPE. Komu's Dic is TOO GOOD. God like.

So I'm studying ways to make my Chun go to the next level. One sublety I have to get down is anti-airing and knowing when to charge. I of course know how to AA, but naturally, down back is the best position to charge. However, sometimes when you want to make an opponent commit to zoning, and try to bait them into coming into your space to AA, db is a bad position to be in as Chun because she has no reliable AA like flash kick. She's got upkicks of course, but upkicks have a slow start up compared to a standing normal AA and the invinibility frames for upkicks isn't the best. Plus it can whiff. So upkicks carry unnecessary risk and it's your only option from crouching since she has no ex sbk or kikoken super for jump ins compared to other SF's. She has sbk but it's not a reliable AA although it does take up a lot of space. This means that standing normals are your best bet, but going from down back to stand normal is kind of unnatural at high level play because you don't want to think about it. This leads to standing neutral as your best best for AA's. Problem is that of course holding back holds pushes you into corner and if an opponent jumps towards you're going to be the corner in seconds and the screen shrinks down. So normals are your best way to stand your ground but also maximize and control space. Pressing jab while holding back results in Chun not moving. So this functions as a really good mix up in between charged.

Scenario I've drawn up in my head:

kikoken -> back + jab -> kikoken -> back jab x2

This is good. The jab is fast so it's unpunishable, it allows Chun to maximize space without pushback and it doesn't push her forward.

On the other hand, standing fierce also seems to be a good move for this same purpose. Standing forward seems good too.

You can use this to create a mix up situation as well.

Scenario:

kikoken -> back + jab -> mp kikoken -> lp kikoken -> back + forward kick -> back jab x 2 -> kikoken -> wait for the jump -> AA

This is without mentioning that Chun's best AA is perhaps her fireball. That knock down is worth even with a trade. With a knockdown I can play the oki game and do a cross up or 50/50 situation. Lots of options here. One thing I want to try is throwing out a slow lp meaty fireball, and as it hits them/they block it, I'm going for a cross up. Do an easy jumping forward, crouching forward, legs for easy damage or block string. Charge with an HP kikoken after the legs if I don't have super for extra pressure and damage.

For those who are confused why I don't like non-fg games much anymore, the above strategy and screed is probably why. Dat depth and analysis. :lawd
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 04:04:04 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1241 on: August 18, 2017, 05:45:12 AM »
https://m.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1242 on: August 18, 2017, 09:30:36 AM »
I'm not a fan of the balance in ST.  I like messing around in Ultra because Chun is way more viable, even without the stored super.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1243 on: August 18, 2017, 11:48:35 AM »
Chun is top tier in ST

???

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1244 on: August 18, 2017, 11:51:30 AM »
No, Akuma is top tier in ST.  :doge  :P

I guess tier listings have changed.  I haven't checked in like 10 years.
:leon

Anyway I get wrecked by certain characters in ST and have a much better time against them in HD Remix and Ultra.  I hate that people keep going back to ST, TBH.  Hate those SSF2 versions like O. Sagat too.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1245 on: August 18, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »
Chun's tools in ST:

- Her strong (medium punch) throw does way more damage than her fierce throw. Her strong throw is an abnormality in the game and has excellent range.

- stored super

- Neckbreaker (df RH). On wake up this is 50/50. It can get in their face or do a cross up. You can make a situation where you cross up with it and then they'll think you'll do it again and then this time do it in their face. Fantastic oki tool.

- lots of air control but her jump arc can make her jumps predictable. But stuff like her instant overhead stomp can stuff dp's clean. Handy when countering reversals.

- big damage.

- Legs are amazing in ST and act as a great poke especially if you learn to piano.

Chun's only real problems match up wise is Claw and zoners like Dee Jay and O Sagat. O Ken is also a threat. O Sagat is beatable once you learn the match up. As is Dee Jay once you learn his game plan. Claw is in a class of his own but beatable. A good Claw, though...

Anyways, ST is what people play competitively so :yeshrug

You should get Fightcade. The talent there is real and the cast played is diverse. There's a top tier Chun player there named Zagi. He's from France. He schooled me. He's one of the best Chun's in the world.

This is what Chun can do.

30 minutes 54s
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:56:38 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1246 on: August 18, 2017, 12:23:17 PM »
You need to watch this set.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:36:29 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1247 on: August 18, 2017, 04:14:52 PM »
Looking forward to SSV a lot. DunpealD from gaf sent me this link the other week and we're gonna play it and tear the games guts out. Seems really footsies based. Looks similar to Bushido Blade. Very unique and dark looking game.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/25/deep-cuts-why-samurai-shodown-v-special-is-the-best-fighting-game-youve-never-played/
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1248 on: August 19, 2017, 07:47:37 PM »

:lol Great play and hilarious antics
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1249 on: August 19, 2017, 10:03:17 PM »
Guile and Sagat's voices in ST  :-\
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1250 on: August 20, 2017, 02:26:27 AM »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1251 on: August 20, 2017, 07:59:11 PM »
Re-reading the Footsies Handbook again. I'm amazed I do a lot of this now even without having reading all of it out of instinct and survival in the higher levels of play.

My favorite comment is still this in the comments section:

“Nobody can stop you from walking forward without taking a risk.”
“It’s always dangerous to wander into enemy attack space, so wait until you’re certain you’ve trained them to think twice about pushing buttons.”
So are both players are more or less at risk then and which one is the safer?
Are these statement on opposite sides of the same coin? Can you tie in the first statement explicitly with your entire footsies handbook…what’s the principle behind the first statement..

Good question, sir. I don’t think those statements contradict each other at all. You see, the second statement summarizes the defacto equilibrium of fighting game strategy.
Your opponent’s attack space is his dominion. All things being equal, walking in there is putting yourself at risk. Instinctively, everyone knows that you don’t want to step into enemy territory unless you see them make a mistake, or you’re following up a fireball, or you’ve managed to scare them, or whatever your trump card happens to be.

In terms of theory fighter, it’s easy to see how the defender has an advantage, because generally everything has a counter. If you jump at them, they can uppercut you. If you throw a fireball, they can super through it. If you try to poke, they can either block or punish you somehow. If you try to throw, they can reversal or land a combo. And so on and so forth. At a certain point along everyone’s natural learning curve, Street Fighter becomes defensive – because you start to feel like you’re better off reacting to stuff instead of gambling with rushdown.
This is where the first statement comes in. Walking is special because it’s inherently offensive yet has no recovery. When you walk toward someone, you’re threatening their territory and there’s nothing reactionary they can do about it. If they try to keep you away by pushing a button, you can make it whiff and sweep them, then set up a wakeup game. If they try to throw a fireball, you can figure it out and find one to jump over and land a combo. If they back away, you can drive them into the corner. If they ever simply let you walk, you can step right into a proper throw mixup.

But not a lot of people walk. Most people dash. Or jump. Or push buttons for no deliberate reason. Or throw out random special moves because they’re flashy. All of these are risky commitments. You can’t stage an effective offensive against a capable reactionary opponent on a foundation of punishable haymakers.
So that’s the secret of having a strong ground game. Learn to walk.

Of course, your opponents will put every obstacle they can think of in your way, but you’re just going to have to learn how to use each possible response to your advantage. If you’re learning this for the first time, then your first instinct will probably be to jump over stuff. Don’t! Learn how to deal with everything in the game without leaving you feet. Developing a legitimate ground-based offense will make you ten times scarier.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1253 on: August 20, 2017, 10:32:17 PM »
My friends battle with scrubs going on his steam profile made it to scrub quotes lmao

https://twitter.com/scrubquotesx/status/899127882399731712
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1254 on: August 21, 2017, 07:26:49 AM »
SNK announced that they are now working on multiple new fighting games. :pimp

KOF XIV may be done in terms of updates and patches, though.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #1255 on: August 21, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
Tried Skullgirls, Injustass 1 and 2 on mobile.

WTF is with these tap and swipe controls? :maf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1256 on: August 22, 2017, 10:12:45 AM »
ARMS getting its first original DLC fighter:

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1257 on: August 22, 2017, 11:53:52 AM »

New trailer.

It also perfectly highlights the problem with Arc games: pretty much every character is all about the rushdown. Picollo looks like the only one who can use long range attacks that aren't fireballs. This is why a character like Bra is needed: she mainly uses artillery weapons like grenades and missile launchers and guns. She could be pure keep away; the games Guile. It just doesn't look diverse in terms of character play style and it's the exact thing has limited my interest in Arc games because I just don't think they make the kind of characters I like to play. It looks great but, more character variety please, I guess? Bulma is in it so maybe she doesn't have a fireball. There are tons of Dragon Ball characters without fireballs. Yajirobe, Bra, the witch lady, Korin, Tao Pai Pai, Pilaf, some Red Ribbon Army mech;etc. I know they want to the most popular characters, but the appeal of a fighting game at high level is dealing with different scenarios: if I play Zangief the puzzle of getting in is the game. If I play Dhalsim keeping character out of my space using long range moves is the game. This is why Street Fighter is still my favorite fighter series. Let's be honest: charge characters, 360's, characters with mid-ranged moves with great mobility and walk speed to play footsies like Chun, turtlers like Honda, fireball magicians like Rose, vortex fuckery like Ibuki in IV, I wanna play 50/50 with Urien, or zone with Sagat. In terms of inputs and character strategy variety, I simply find Capcom fighters to be the best and that's why they're the funnest to me.

No offense to Arc, but show me something that isn't stereotypically ArcSys, please. Show me character play that isn't just rushdown. Android 16 shows promise.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:07:39 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1258 on: August 22, 2017, 01:07:26 PM »
Arc games aren't all rushdown. In fact they are noted as having each of their characters play very differently, especially in Blazblue where every character has a fully unique attribute and playstyle (compare Rachel to Arakune to Makoto to Nine). Granted I don't know anything about DBZ, but it seems like it's an issue with the source material. Every character has laser shit and seems almost exactly the same to me.

Himu

« Reply #1259 on: August 22, 2017, 01:11:58 PM »
I don't think Arc games all play the same. That'd be crazy to say, as Arc easily makes the most varied types of meters for instasnce. But it feels like their focus is more on the rushdown in spite of that? Their games are very offense-oriented, and while that's not bad in say, BlazBlue or GG, it feels like their offense oriented game style has been hyperfocused in DBFZ and what you have now is a situation where it feels overly offense based, but maybe Mahvel type of play isn't my thing besides doing it casually.
IYKYK