Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428765 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I really dont like how DoA plays, havent bought one since ps2 or something.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

So you haven't tried it in like 18 years?  :doge
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Thank you for your valuable input. :goty2

Himu

May have to eat crow about third strike. The more I play the more I think I might like it more than ST. You just gotta give it a fair chance. It’s such an utter swag game. I’ve never played a fighter where you feel as cool as you do in 3s. On the inverse, I’ve never played a fighter that makes you feel so small as 3s if you’re been downloaded.
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
3S over ST any day of the week and it's not close.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Give me Alpha 2 or 3 over both of them.  :doge
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
third strike is the best looking, best sounding, and most boring as shit 2D fighter ever :zzz

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
third strike is the best looking, best sounding, and most boring as shit 2D fighter ever :zzz

I have a preference for New Generation and Second Impact's backgrounds over Third Strike's.  A lot of the music, too. 
ど助平

thetylerrob

3S has some of the worst backgrounds in 2d fighters, only outclassed in shittiness by SFV.

Coffee Dog

I wonder how much more I need to get my ass kicked on Fighterz before I am able to not fuck up my inputs under pressure.

Himu

3S has some of the worst backgrounds in 2d fighters, only outclassed in shittiness by SFV.

3s bgs are in no way SFV tier. Lmao I’m sorry but you need to be slapped
IYKYK

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Stage rankings:

Other SF Games > 3s> SFV > SFIV

3rd strike was such a downgrade on the 2i stages. 2i stages had time of day, the dropping down to a new stage. a fucking train stage. all the good shit. then 3rd strike is just these bland static stages (well hugos is ok I guess) and they don't even have unique stages for like half the cast

I don't even want to talk about sf4 stages tho

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Some of the 2i stages had less going on in them than the New Generation stages did, which I did not like.  They did at least give everyone his/her own stage, however Urien's was pretty drab and lifeless (animation-wise).  Just so plain compared to the others.  And then comes 3s and you have characters sharing stages again.  :lol

There are a few 3s stages I like a lot, like Elena's and Ibuki's.  I think that's about it.  If I could make the perfect SF3, it would use a combination of levels and music from all three games for sure.  I loved how Third Strike Online Edition for the PS3 and 360 let you use music from all three games.  Miss that a lot in the Anniversary Collection.

SFIV and SFV have a mix of good, average, and bad levels.
ど助平

Himu

Although 3S has less lively stages than other SFIII games, their art design is so on point it's hard for me to take seriously the opinion that they're in any way bad. Preferences are subjective and everything, and I also prefer the bgs in other SFIII games, but to use that as a reason as to how 3S's bgs are bad or on par with SFIV or V is baffling to me and shows an extremely, extremely bad artistic eye.

Are the bgs in 3S the best in the series? No. But they're not bad. In this case, "great" is the enemy of the good. It's understandable. More characters, aging hardware, and how damn animated the bgs were in past games that the stages would take a hit. But the aesthetic is on point and combined with the music, it's very pretty to look at and listen to. It's a nice looking game.

Also, personally, I like the desolate feel because I'm huge on atmosphere "lonely" SF stages as seen in SF Alpha games. Going by most 3S background haters arguments, Alpha 2 also has dog shit bgs. I find 3S stages just to be a continuation of them.

Same feel, different game.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
morning mist bay and snowy rail yard are great stages and have excellent music, fuck yall

Himu

Speaking of stages, I have never found a 2.5D fighting game stage to have the artistic value of 2d fighter stages besides Xrd and even Xrd's stages pale to the ones in XX. None of them are terribly memorable in terms of artistic value besides Millia's imo.

The new SamSho also counts. Good art in the backgrounds.
IYKYK

Himu

morning mist bay and snowy rail yard are great stages and have excellent music, fuck yall

I agree. They're exceptions though.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
add in skyscraper under construction as well. such a good stage capcom is bringing it back for v

nachobro

• Live Más
cruise ship stern :itagaki

Himu

add in skyscraper under construction as well. such a good stage capcom is bringing it back for v

Oh that one is a classic.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
Exciting Street Scene :preach

i can go on a while...just don't bring up the sfxt stages or crumbling labratory :lol

Himu

The SFxT stages are horrendous. I mean, they have so much going on.

SFIV's stages are much better than V's, I can say that.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
what i'll give the sfxt stages is that they go through changes each round, that's cool. also i do like mad gear hideout, cool references and good music

this though... :nope

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Although 3S has less lively stages than other SFIII games, their art design is so on point it's hard for me to take seriously the opinion that they're in any way bad. Preferences are subjective and everything, and I also prefer the bgs in other SFIII games, but to use that as a reason as to how 3S's bgs are bad or on par with SFIV or V is baffling to me and shows an extremely, extremely bad artistic eye.

I don't think they're bad, but I like the other two SF3 games' backgrounds more for the most part.  Some of them feel extremely lifeless, too.

Are the bgs in 3S the best in the series? No. But they're not bad. In this case, "great" is the enemy of the good. It's understandable. More characters, aging hardware, and how damn animated the bgs were in past games that the stages would take a hit. But the aesthetic is on point and combined with the music, it's very pretty to look at and listen to. It's a nice looking game.

The backgrounds in other Capcom games only got more and more complex and detailed on the CPS2 (although I do think Alpha 3 is a bit of an exception- they crammed a stage in for almost everyone so that might be why).  The more powerful CPS3 games seemed to go the opposite direction.

Also, personally, I like the desolate feel because I'm huge on atmosphere "lonely" SF stages as seen in SF Alpha games. Going by most 3S background haters arguments, Alpha 2 also has dog shit bgs. I find 3S stages just to be a continuation of them.

(Image removed from quote.)

Same feel, different game.

I don't get that feel from all of those levels.  The first stage you posted is Gen's- it's a remake/tribute to his Street Fighter 1 level.  Gives a nostalgic feel.  The third is not only fully of cool animation, but it's also taken right out of the Street Fighter II animated movie and was cool as hell to find (it was hidden) back then.  Ryu's stage is...a Ryu stage.  Coincidentally, his 3s stage is my least favorite Ryu level whereas I absolutely love the Kyoto stage from NG.
:idont
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:58:54 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: DOA6 outfit unlocking-

Here's a good trick for unlocking costumes.  It's tedious and will still take a while, but all you need is a turbo controller, some tape, and free time.

1. Remap your controller buttons so that kick is X/A (to accept menu prompts)
2. Enable turbo on X/A
3. Select Arcade mode on the highest difficulty setting
4. Pick Lisa/La Mariposa
5. Tape down X/A
6. Watch as Lisa spams kicks and mows down the CPU
7. You will have to stop at the end to ensure that the rematch option selected is the highest difficulty, otherwise it will auto-select rookie.

This will likely only work until the patch is out mid-March that changes it so that you only unlock outfit parts for the character you're using, so do it ASAP!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 10:51:14 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
She just got a perfect on Lei-Feng! :rofl
ど助平

Himu

I'm really falling in love with 3S.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
 :larry

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
https://twitter.com/shirauzutaisa/status/1105830096609267718
https://twitter.com/tokidoki77/status/1105837100337901568
Tokido's so big, he's gotten Sony Music and Big Pharma (Rohto Pharmacy) as sponsors now.

https://twitter.com/XianMSG/status/1105744607420149760

Xian sponsored by a phone company now.

remy

Tokido and Xian probably both making some big bucks now

Wonder when Tokido's debut single is out :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
DOA6 got its first big update.  Costume unlocks should hopefully be better now.

The F2P Core Fighters is also up on Steam!  Not sure if it's on consoles yet.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
wow that was quick. once they add rachel i'll buy but until then f2p works for me

Akala

• Easy Victor
Just did an arcade run and unlocks are much better. You get the character you fight as and points now roll over to other costumes.

:jgames :jgames

remy

Just did an arcade run and unlocks are much better. You get the character you fight as and points now roll over to other costumes.

:jgames :jgames
Honoka black bikini here I come

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Stolen from Era:

Bonus: new Famitsu interview with Shimbori. Highlights below:

Marie/Honoka/Nico don't have the zoom in break blow anymore due to a lot of people feeling bad about it in public events, and from DOAX fans.
    Development with the new engine was hard and they want to keep improving it.
    Repeats there's a possibility for Gen Fu to come back in the future. Ninja Gaiden themed costumes possibly coming, Rachel and Momiji are complicated due to being in NG (they need confirmation they can use them in, I guess similar to the Ryu redesign here if they make a NG4).
    30 story episodes were cut from the game during development. They'd like to include new ones in the future but can't promise anything.
    Phase 4 wasn't planned to be a playable character, but she was in the story from the start and a lot of players wanted to play her.
    They still want to push the fact that the audience (NPCs) is the danger zone in 6.
    The hard part of making a good netcode for DOA is the hold system.
    The lobby update should bring some improvements to the netcode as well. It's late because they are behind schedule and they want to make that mode better than before.
    DOA2 and 5 were the main inspirations behind DOA6. Hard to tweak the gameplay to make it more accessible yet keep hardcore fans happy.
    Will still be tweaked in the future depending on feedback and for balance purposes (obviously).
    When Mai was added in DOA5, there has been a big increase in players and sales, that's why she's coming back.
    They want to keep the next KOF character (releasing by the end of June) a secret and like people trying to guess who it could be. Not saying if it's a male or female character (interviewer tries multiple questions but get no hint).
    They want to make DLC a mix of cute, cool and sexy (unlike the sexy focus of 5). Wedding is the first pack because it was heavily requested.
    They've heard the feedback about people wanting technical names displayed (I guess talking about command training and others where it was removed unlike in 5).
    They've also heard the feedback about costume drops (which led to the permanent increase).

Still don't get what the problem with adding Momiji and Rachel back to the game is.  Obviously Ryu is still there and THIS IS THE SAME COMPANY. Momiji also remains in DOAX3 Scarlet.
:mindblown

Good to see them again reiterate that the patch with lobbies is on track for this month still.  :)
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Core Fighters is up for consoles, too.  I could tell it was there on PC, with an influx of new players, when messing around in the training mode last night- forgot to turn off fight requests and was getting match prompts literally every second.  :lol
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
    Marie/Honoka/Nico don't have the zoom in break blow anymore due to a lot of people feeling bad about it in public events, and from DOAX fans.

:era

COWARDS

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

:era

COWARDS

I don't get that bolded part.
:confused
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Just tried this out-

NiCO's is clearly zoomed out, but it's still a dynamic viewpoint and now basically shows LEG AND HIPPU~ instead of just the chest area.

Honaka's looks essentially the same.  ???

Marie Rose still zooms in.  Dunno what changed since I don't use her much.

:idont
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
I am just vaguely upset cause I thought the zoomed in crushing of icky lolis was amazing! :punch

Pre-patch I noticed they never showed those three getting hit in the face like they do with the other characters, but did notice no zoom at all now and really wish they kept it as an option. Not sure what this says about me. :lol

Two thoughts on the bold, generally the DOAX sect can be creepy yeah, but kinda dislike why pervy volleyball sim fans are having a say in what is permissible in my fighting game. I mean we all know exactly why, it's because TN has more than enough data points by now to know who butters their bread so can't blame them too much, but still.

I can only imagine the mail TN get, especially if wedding gear was this much of a priority. Dev seemed to take kind of a weak way out by blaming them for removing it but then again I have no reason to believe he is lying. 

nachobro

• Live Más
Core Fighters up on PSN
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4108-CUSA12152_00-DOA6F2PGAME00000

I'll check it out tonight. Kinda curious who the free characters are, I assume it's the standbys of Kasumi, Hayabusa, and Ayane :zzz

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Hitomi doesn't have her DOA3 outfit. :drakewtf

The shirt is there, but not the jean jacket.

Tripon

https://twitter.com/acekingoffsuit/status/1106318237665583105

Final Round is happening this week. I'm going to try to just throw in links to various tournaments in this thread. Nothing fancy like I did years ago though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

remy

You just know I'm gonna buy this wicked fucking grassy field next time I'm at my pc

Himu

Oh wow. They've smartened up and starting putting in great stages that aren't from SFII. Wow. Took them only 4 years.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
not often but yep lol. daigo vs lupe fiasco was too.

also i remember mike ross vs jago being a whole staged feud built up on an fgc reality show (lol cross assault) and culiminated in a match at an event called barfights. the whole thing was dumb as hell :lol

Tripon

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Was pretty impressed with the quality of matches in the limited amount of time I got to mess with the MK beta.  Dunno about the game though.  Felt "off" to me, but that's usually how I feel about NR games so going to chalk it up to that.  Instead I just watched as the opponents beat me up with some impressive stuff. 

DOA6 finals are on at Final Round right now.  Markman just popped into the chat. :lol  It looks like all outfits are allowed but they turned off softness, lol.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
i enjoyed the couple matches i played. dashes seem really bad, hopefully that gets fixed. everything feels negative on block, even normals, which is pretty funny. otherwise i really like how skarlet and scorp play. didn't get to try baraka but he looks pretty goofy with that flag stuff

netcode felt very smooth too.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
i enjoyed the couple matches i played. dashes seem really bad, hopefully that gets fixed. everything feels negative on block, even normals, which is pretty funny. otherwise i really like how skarlet and scorp play. didn't get to try baraka but he looks pretty goofy with that flag stuff

Yeah...dashes.  :-\

I felt completely trapped when I was put into corners.  It would have helped to have had practice mode available to get a feel for things.

Very nice looking game.  Easily their best title, visually, yet.  Even Skarlet didn't look fugly.   :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
DOA6 winners final was NiCO vs. NiCO.  Not surprised.  :lol

Good to see that the Tina player from earlier is still in there in losers...against a NiCO.  Can see grand finals being NiCO x NiCO again.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Stream just died for a minute.  Core Values strike again.
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
Nico too stronk. I haven’t messed around online much but I really like Honokas moveset. Zero clue if she is considered good or anything but she does have cheesy mixups.

MK11 Beta over? My XBL has apparently run out and Newegg code didn’t make it in time other night.