Author Topic: Titanfall 2  (Read 90238 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: Titanfall 2
« Reply #420 on: November 24, 2017, 03:03:07 AM »

asia only, it looks like TF1 with new skins lol

:doge

wtf why can't they release skins for the U.S version? and give it a an xbox one x update  :rkelly

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #421 on: November 24, 2017, 09:56:10 PM »
it looks like TF1 with new skins lol

:doge

That's because it is. AFAIK they (Nexon) started work on it right before 2 (Respawn) was entering development.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #422 on: November 25, 2017, 07:00:17 AM »
Bought it on pc for a tenner
What

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #423 on: November 25, 2017, 08:27:37 AM »
same here. only did the first level and one multiplayer round but I'm pretty sure I love this game.
pcp

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #424 on: November 25, 2017, 12:07:39 PM »
great game

Beezy

« Reply #425 on: November 25, 2017, 01:01:32 PM »
I double dipped and got the PC version also. $15 version tho, because I love the new executions that they gave the Prime titans.

thisismyusername

« Reply #426 on: November 25, 2017, 01:02:50 PM »
noticed BF Hardline is finally down to $5

Grabbed the Deluxe since I had some spare EA wallet money. Noticed they didn't give one of the DLC map packs out for free two years ago or I completely missed it. Am like $.93 cents short of buying it. :doge :dead

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #427 on: November 26, 2017, 04:24:16 PM »
still great

thisismyusername

« Reply #428 on: November 26, 2017, 07:06:26 PM »
noticed BF Hardline is finally down to $5

Grabbed the Deluxe since I had some spare EA wallet money. Noticed they didn't give one of the DLC map packs out for free two years ago or I completely missed it. Am like $.93 cents short of buying it. :doge :dead

And quickly refunded since there is no normal servers. Nothing but customs (which are "normal"-ish) and hardcore. Of which only like 2-3 servers are filled. :dead :dead :dead

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #429 on: November 27, 2017, 12:45:51 AM »
i already said there's really only one server that's on constantly :ufup

it's not always hardcore, it does literally cycle through everything though...arguably the best part about it is that it won't allow a repeat map/mode vote unless the round ends really early, so like five minutes or something, so dopes can't trap it on the same map and same mode forever i always hate that about borderline dead games

i don't remember if it cycles through them as sets though, like it might be going through all the hardcore sets, before going back to normal and doing all the bank jobs, then all the car thefts, etc. or if it's truly random, never played it more than two rounds, one time it did back to back car thefs on two different maps, other time it did car theft, then bank job

the other times i've played there were actually other servers but the last time i did it was like you describe plus this one everything server

there was back when the game was sorta popular a custom game mode you could find where one team had to get in cars, and it would auto-equip missile launchers or whatever for the passengers, and the other team were only allowed in helichoppers (or on foot), it was totally broken and unbalanced but it was also completely stupid fun because you had to just drive around crazily as your passengers tried to auto-lock and fire before the choppers shot up your car too much

benjipwns

« Reply #430 on: November 27, 2017, 12:48:42 AM »
also they gave away half the DLC, but never discount the rest below Call of Duty type prices and i'm pretty sure basically just gave up on and forgot about the game especially since it's not DICE's

BF2 and BF3 and BF4 they gave the whole damn everything away to keep the games and modes alive

thisismyusername

« Reply #431 on: November 27, 2017, 12:49:25 AM »
i already said there's really only one server that's on constantly :ufup

it's not always hardcore, it does literally cycle through everything though...arguably the best part about it is that it won't allow a repeat map/mode vote unless the round ends really early, so like five minutes or something, so dopes can't trap it on the same map and same mode forever i always hate that about borderline dead game

Bro, I checked earlier:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/servers/show/pc/58122226-88b5-4b18-8812-f0eceb5a7971/XtG-24-7-HC-MIXED-XTREMEGAMERS-CA-NO-STUPID-RULES/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/servers/show/pc/393de57f-96e5-4863-be15-5a82016a12cc/24-7-BLOCK-PARTY-All-Weapons-BFWarzone-com-Fast-XP/

No modes selected, all maps (even the one DLC I don't own/EA gave away for free), NA, Normal/Custom servers. 1-10/ALL+ free slots.

Only 7 servers available. All of them at 0. Like, it's dead, bro.

If that one server was the car circle mode you talked about, I'd do the 24/7 thing just to hit max rank and maybe unlock all the guns before dumping it like hot trash. But that's not even available. It's just Conquest Large (which is meh), and Hardcore (which I don't do in any of the Battlefields).

also they gave away half the DLC, but never discount the rest below Call of Duty type prices and i'm pretty sure basically just gave up on and forgot about the game especially since it's not DICE's

BF2 and BF3 and BF4 they gave the whole damn everything away to keep the games and modes alive

They gave away 3 of 4 here. Whereas BF4 at all of them given away and IIRC they even REDID that promotion. It seems like EA officially washed their hands of it since it bombed hard.

https://twitter.com/zhpete/status/869672768673112065

https://www.reddit.com/r/BF_Hardline/comments/7dc6st/rip_bfh_got_deleted_from_the_companion_app/

:dead :dead
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:55:23 AM by thisismyusername »

benjipwns

« Reply #432 on: November 27, 2017, 12:52:18 AM »
not like respawn and titanfall 2

bless up

the Mozambique should be called God Slayer, the kill distance is absurdly far compared to how everything about the gun makes it seem it would be, it's longer and a tighter spread than the shotguns but the gun itself operates more like a shotgun...should play some frontier defense with it to fast grind away the levels so i can put the extended mags and fast reload on it and make it illegal in 57 states

benjipwns

« Reply #433 on: November 27, 2017, 01:01:57 AM »
Huh, that XtG one didn't used to be hardcore only. That was the one apparently as it's marked as favorite for me. I'm looking at Hardcore description and it turns off the spotting on screen and I know that used to work because it'd glitch through the one vault door on the one bank job so I'd always mash it furiously to see defenders hiding behind it. :trumps

I wouldn't defend it if you're not interested in the single player, I was just noting it wasn't totally dead dead as that XtG server I've always seen full of people and it did all the modes so you could get maybe ten hours of enjoyment before it's boring anyway. Maybe they had a non-HC one also? I dunno. Dump it I guess and play the superior EA product Titanfall 2.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #434 on: December 04, 2017, 03:20:58 AM »
Titanfall 2 kinda sucks tho benji.

You on PC? did you ever play in any of the TF1 tournies? Seems like no one is playing TF2 anymore, at least none of the PC or Xbox hardcore tournament players. Even Frothy moved on  :-\

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #435 on: December 04, 2017, 07:07:41 AM »
well shit if we all double dipped on pc lets add eachother on origins.

Im pretty fucking good at this game
What

benjipwns

« Reply #436 on: December 06, 2017, 03:10:15 AM »
TOKU/BEEZY HELP

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #437 on: December 06, 2017, 07:28:34 AM »
I think TF2 is one of the best shooters in years.. mp or sp.

Like I said if we are still playing on pc, lets add eachother
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #438 on: December 06, 2017, 02:21:19 PM »

You on PC? did you ever play in any of the TF1 tournies? Seems like no one is playing TF2 anymore, at least none of the PC or Xbox hardcore tournament players. Even Frothy moved on  :-\

Beezy

« Reply #439 on: December 06, 2017, 02:23:56 PM »

I'll drop my Origin name in here when I get home tonight.

Beezy

« Reply #440 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48:00 PM »

I'll drop my Origin name in here when I get home tonight.
Ji3eezy

Add me, pilots. 8)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #441 on: December 06, 2017, 09:05:40 PM »
done

im Positive_Touch
pcp

benjipwns

« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2017, 07:29:31 PM »
benjipwns

also i literally did make that Yum! Brands advocate group :lol

i can change the "happy hour" to a time that fits others schedules better if anyone wants, it's currently still set at the default midnight Eastern Time

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #443 on: December 07, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #444 on: December 14, 2017, 01:15:03 AM »

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #445 on: December 14, 2017, 01:53:53 AM »
forgot how hard this game owns

shame it's nearly dead

TEEEPO here

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #446 on: December 15, 2017, 01:49:08 PM »
Got back into this game recently, it's really a hell of a lot better than I gave it credit for at first... but that's being old and close-minded for you. I still miss the burn cards, though.

Anyone play on PS4? I'm AtlasWarbear on there.

Beezy

« Reply #447 on: December 16, 2017, 02:35:59 PM »
I haven't been home much in the past week to play anything, but I'm always down to play this on XBL or Origin. If any of you wanna play tomorrow, let me know. I should be home all day.

benjipwns

« Reply #448 on: December 20, 2017, 01:57:58 AM »
They undid the grapple nerf rather than keep it just because :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

If you're on PS4 Pro or Xbone X the bulk of the patch is apparently performance upgrades for those.

benjipwns

« Reply #449 on: December 24, 2017, 06:40:17 AM »
this is ten bucks again on origin

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #450 on: January 01, 2018, 06:40:06 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #451 on: January 10, 2018, 09:01:32 PM »
it's 2008 montages back

benjipwns

« Reply #452 on: January 11, 2018, 03:49:04 AM »
so i literally didn't know you could bank sentries until literally ten minutes ago when i did it accidentally

yet i somehow knew you could bank ticks? :doge

also putting two pilot sentries in both stairwells that are the main approach to a hardpoint that has incredibly bad sightlines actually made someone shit talk me in chat

tho he only just said "omg benji what in the flying fuck you asshole" :lol

apparently three titan sentries can take out a legion in like two seconds

now i want to bank them up through a round just to plop them all down during an evac, i already save one if i get it and see we're about to lose anyway and use it like a told to stand titan to help defend the ship but i'm imagining slightly enjoyable humor at people coming to stop us and running into a bunch of titan sentries instead

speaking of chat, the other night people were actually using voice chat which has been months since i heard anyone and it was like four people, the one guy was drunk because he was losing visitation to his kid which led to a long like horribly dark humor funny conversation between him and these other two dudes...also they started mentioning stuff off hand and we were annihilating the other team

i've been using the DMR as it's the only weapon i haven't got above level 7 yet, and i started to non-deliberately figure out the line down the model to where its crosshair is and been no-scoping people like nonsense, even through smoke which is just pure luck but i've been enjoying it because it reminds me of DoD days where i knew where the crosshair was in relation to the tip of the springfield and kar's models...no drawing fucking dry erase dots for benji! he's a real weirdo!

i looked into it and because it's semi-auto it's hitscan apparently so that's probably why i've been having success hip firing the thing versus the other sniper rifles which use a projectile model, actually i feel like you can hip fire it better than the G2 rifle, it must be more accurate as panic firing with that thing feels borderline meaningless sometimes but the DMR even though i'm no-scoping with it feels like i'm hitting people more ... i could probably look at my stats and see

but that feels like taking this game way too seriously, looking this up on the wiki already feels like i've done too much

also this week was the first time i've seen it regularly under 1000 players during my normal play times and was under 2000 on weekend booooooooo

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #453 on: January 11, 2018, 09:36:31 PM »

also this week was the first time i've seen it regularly under 1000 players during my normal play times and was under 2000 on weekend booooooooo
I'm actually surprised this game isn't doing far worse considering how shit it is compared to Titanfall 1.

If respawn doesn't go back to Tf1 for influence and continue down this tf2 path the franchise is dead.

benjipwns

« Reply #454 on: January 11, 2018, 10:25:06 PM »
diaf

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #455 on: January 11, 2018, 10:28:47 PM »

I'm actually surprised this game isn't doing far worse considering how shit it is compared to Titanfall 1.

If respawn doesn't go back to Tf1 for influence and continue down this tf2 path the franchise is dead.

i never want to see you in here again

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #456 on: January 11, 2018, 10:32:06 PM »
tf2 is better though?

kingv

« Reply #457 on: January 11, 2018, 10:34:30 PM »
That sounds better than the last time I heard someone use voice chat.

It was some dude talking about “distinguished black fellows give me all of your money” or some shit like that, but he also sounded way too old for that sort of thing.

And he was trying to sing it. It was way worse than even the early Xbox live days, because then you’d at least get one o other guy yelling at him and trying to team kill him.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #458 on: January 28, 2018, 04:18:44 AM »
Got this on a lark cuz ya'll nerds talked it up and it's half off. Couple hours in and turns out you guys were right, shit's pretty fun

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #459 on: January 28, 2018, 11:06:20 AM »
If more ppl listened to me the world would be a beautiful place  :'(

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #460 on: January 30, 2018, 03:08:31 AM »
tf2 is better though?

It's definitely not. It's worse in almost every way.

benjipwns

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #462 on: February 22, 2018, 01:11:59 AM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:18:52 AM by toku »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #463 on: February 22, 2018, 10:59:27 AM »
Okay I bought this for $5 cause I've wanted to play in Japanese ever since I saw that mod online. Also for the 21:9 support so I can pretend to be a real mech pilot. Hopefully that mod is still out there somewhere

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #464 on: February 22, 2018, 06:25:06 PM »
Sigh, I couldn't have waited a month. Oh well, what's five bucks anyway

benjipwns

« Reply #465 on: March 23, 2018, 05:25:37 AM »
i got put into back to back games with this same kid who was giving orders over voice chat

"GUYS WE HAVE TO PROTECT THE NORTHSTAR"
"WE NEED OUR TITANS QUICK"
"I'M PUTTING OUT A PARTICLE WALL, AS TONE"
"GUYS THEY HAVE A SCORCH"

we were destroying the other team but he was jabbering like we were on the verge of losing at any second, it was kinda adorable in the first game because he was so earnest, then in the second game he started to sound annoyed that nobody was following his orders

in second game the other team had all of the top three, but we had #4-9, all close together and just behind #3 so it was a bloodbath, they spent the last two minutes cursing at each other in chat so i got to grapple kill one after standing behind him for like ten seconds :lol

haven't been playing this every night like i was for months, but i noticed the player count has bumped up 200-300 a night, on weekdays! i assume people coming in through the sales

benjipwns

« Reply #466 on: March 23, 2018, 05:46:56 AM »
seeing siege get updated constantly, i kinda wish we'd get one more set of maps, even if they're just titanfall 1 rehashes and not in frontier defense, especially since those last two updates were skins

also they seem to have forgot they were going to try more primary pistols i thought? maybe they dropped that with the rifle testing they did too :-\

the wingman elite is such hacks, i've been playing with it almost exclusively for a while now to level it up, people think you're taking pot shots at em but the thing will one/two-hit kill constantly even at absurd distances :lol

i get guys with rifles at a distance and they see the pistol and almost let me take the second shot for free half the time it feels like...it's semi auto so you can dump the whole magazine pretty quick when dudes are around

i talked about it before i'm pretty sure, but they patched it to make it even more overpowered since then i think, the mozambique is really just a shotgun with a pistol model, it feels so stupid to one-shot everyone with it while running around, especially since the spread is set for two to the chest, one to the head so you really don't have to aim in close other than up a little

actually one thing they legitimately could do is put all the game modes in the game for good, rather than it cycle randomly through a featured mode, the matchmaking selector will make it not a problem with call of duty

benjipwns

« Reply #467 on: March 23, 2018, 05:49:45 AM »
oh yeah, from that korea only game:

robot sheriff :dead

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #468 on: April 22, 2018, 01:50:16 PM »
oh yeah, from that korea only game:
(Image removed from quote.)
robot sheriff :dead
How popular has this been over there? I'm really curious considering how shit i think Titanfall 2 turned out.

I want the third installment to go back to what Titanfall 1 was in every.single.way.

El Babua

« Reply #469 on: April 23, 2018, 01:20:54 AM »
Yo, how did Respawn get bought out for $400 mil?

I'm not even sure Titanfall 2 went black.  :doge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #470 on: April 30, 2018, 07:55:24 AM »
i got put into back to back games with this same kid who was giving orders over voice chat

"GUYS WE HAVE TO PROTECT THE NORTHSTAR"
"WE NEED OUR TITANS QUICK"
"I'M PUTTING OUT A PARTICLE WALL, AS TONE"
"GUYS THEY HAVE A SCORCH"

we were destroying the other team but he was jabbering like we were on the verge of losing at any second, it was kinda adorable in the first game because he was so earnest, then in the second game he started to sound annoyed that nobody was following his orders

in second game the other team had all of the top three, but we had #4-9, all close together and just behind #3 so it was a bloodbath, they spent the last two minutes cursing at each other in chat so i got to grapple kill one after standing behind him for like ten seconds :lol

haven't been playing this every night like i was for months, but i noticed the player count has bumped up 200-300 a night, on weekdays! i assume people coming in through the sales

When I play multi with randos, I ALWAYS put myself into a new, private Party so I don’t have to heat the game’s default channel.

benjipwns

« Reply #472 on: May 20, 2018, 04:02:36 AM »
huh, game designer and producer ones definitely make me stand up more so than the artists who tend to shuffle around more often on franchises to do something different as they move up

especially the guy going from Respawn as designer to Multiplayer Director at IW, hopefully he cleans up the biggest problem of Infinite Warfare's MP for me in that it sprawled all over copying all the other CoD's when had it stayed tight and controlled like TF's some of the gameplay was actually pretty darn good and seemed aware of some of CoD's legacy problems back to MW3 even if they were unsuccessful about managing them (WWII did lots of this by brute force, going back in time, etc.)

IW totally has my permission to say "fuck boots on the ground" go farther into space and start dropping giant mechs from the sky and turn Infinite Warfare into a trilogoy spiritual sequel to Titanfall...especially if that franchise going forward gets chewed up in the EA maw, especially the combined Star Wars-EA maw

...though Activision may not agree about following up IW...I'd like to pretend the transfer is because they're "free'd" to follow it up since it's similar to TF in many ways already, like Treyarch has to have been free'd to ditch the campaign (speaking of which, let IW ditch zombies)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #473 on: May 20, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »
This kinda makes the rumor i had heard about TF3 more believable. That and i forget his name, the original design docs for tf1 and the main designers whole goal of this new one is an almost destiny hub like experience. I could see ppl like this leaving if focus has shifted to a more of a world type game with pvp offerings. Instead of just straight split sp/pvp.

Really been meaning to swing back into this (on PC) but the last time I had it installed the competition was absolute brutal, made me feel like an idiot/dont have hundreds of hours in this game on 2 platforms lol. 

Beezy

« Reply #474 on: May 20, 2018, 10:47:28 PM »
This kinda makes the rumor i had heard about TF3 more believable. That and i forget his name, the original design docs for tf1 and the main designers whole goal of this new one is an almost destiny hub like experience. I could see ppl like this leaving if focus has shifted to a more of a world type game with pvp offerings. Instead of just straight split sp/pvp.
:(

benjipwns

« Reply #475 on: June 02, 2018, 07:46:14 AM »
last night at the end of this amped hardpoint match this dude spent the entire evac period bitching out "everyone else on the team but benji" for playing wrong and not amping the points and so on :lol

i didn't even know it until he singled me out but i wound earning up 1st because i had like 1000 attack plus an absurd 3000 defense points from dropping sentries on points and also dropping my titan on some assjerkfaces trying to cap the midpoint

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #476 on: June 02, 2018, 11:37:51 AM »
you had one job...and you did it

:salute

benjipwns

« Reply #477 on: July 17, 2018, 01:41:03 AM »

what in the

thisismyusername

« Reply #478 on: July 17, 2018, 06:09:23 AM »
The mobile game and the Nexon F2P Korean FPS are canned.

RIP Intellectual Property. You'll soon be EA'd, Respawn. :doge

kingv

« Reply #479 on: July 17, 2018, 10:40:33 AM »
I still think a TF3 could be successful... or at least I would play it