Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 948813 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #7560 on: January 30, 2020, 09:16:29 PM »
No other platform has Vroom in the night sky- Switch wins. :smug

ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7561 on: January 31, 2020, 03:21:44 AM »
Allright, getting anxious to get a Switch now. Can't wait for a solid pricedrop though, and maybe some exclusive consoles like the Majora's Mask 3DSXL I have.

I still have a massive backlog on the 3ds, since I only just purchased it last year. I love that thing, but I don't play it enough :(.

One day later

Is announced  :aah
What

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7562 on: January 31, 2020, 05:43:09 AM »
Allright, getting anxious to get a Switch now. Can't wait for a solid pricedrop though, and maybe some exclusive consoles like the Majora's Mask 3DSXL I have.

I still have a massive backlog on the 3ds, since I only just purchased it last year. I love that thing, but I don't play it enough :(.
Price drops on consoles are going to become more and more rare as mid-cycle upgrades and lite versions become a thing. I wouldn't be holding my breath for a big drop.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7563 on: January 31, 2020, 05:44:08 AM »

One day later

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

Is announced  :aah
That's fucking nice.
Might actually consider buying a second switch "for the kids".
Spud

Fifstar

« Reply #7564 on: January 31, 2020, 06:17:37 AM »

Price drops on consoles are going to become more and more rare as mid-cycle upgrades and lite versions become a thing. I wouldn't be holding my breath for a big drop.

The way it sells right now Nintendo probably won't do an pricedrop this year.

I could see them release a Switch Pro (modest power increase, bigger screen) that replaces the regular switch at a similar pricepoint sometime during 2021.
Gulp

Occam

« Reply #7565 on: January 31, 2020, 07:20:27 AM »
Nintendo just announced there won't be any new hardware revisions in 2020, btw.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7566 on: January 31, 2020, 07:29:40 AM »
Nintendo just announced there won't be any new hardware revisions in 2020, btw.

What they said:

“Regarding Nintendo Switch, we believe that it is important to continue to communicate the appeal of both Nintendo Switch systems and expand the installed base,” Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa said. “Please note that we have no plans to launch a new Nintendo Switch model during 2020.”

Didn't say anything about not announcing something new.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:35:52 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7567 on: January 31, 2020, 07:34:30 AM »
Gematsu comment:
They said the same thing in Jan 2019 and the the lite came out in September.

He's probably talking about FY2020 which ends March 31.

Did they say that last year? :thinking
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7568 on: January 31, 2020, 07:39:09 AM »
From last year:
https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-no-plans-to-announce-new-hardware-at-e3-2019/
Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa commented on some of the speculation during a financial results briefing today. New hardware will not be announced at E3, he said. Furukawa added that the company has nothing to announced on possible new hardware, but it is always developing hardware internally.

And then the Lite got announced later on. :thinking :thinking
ど助平

Svejk

Re: SYSTEM WARRZZZZ
« Reply #7569 on: January 31, 2020, 08:07:33 AM »
It's good if you never had no prior console, I guess.

Definitely true- If you didn't have a Wii U -and a lot of people didn't- there's more from Nintendo to play.  Some of those games have enough new content to make them that much better anyway, like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Hyrule Warriors DX.
This is 99% the reason I feel the Skitch is pointless for me atm.  Anything I wanted Nintendo-wise, WiiU had it.  And yeah, Snitch has a few more tweaks to some games, they're not always for the better. (Only 1 Zelda on SSBU??  Really?!)  Although I'm mentally gearing up on getting a Sbitch come the later half of this year, I feel no reason to have 95% of the games on there when I can get them on other systems; better quality and most likely cheaper too.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7570 on: January 31, 2020, 08:20:02 AM »
dat animal crossing switch is looking pretty cool and i don't even like those games :mynicca

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: SYSTEM WARRZZZZ
« Reply #7571 on: January 31, 2020, 08:40:34 AM »
This is 99% the reason I feel the Skitch is pointless for me atm.  Anything I wanted Nintendo-wise, WiiU had it.  And yeah, Snitch has a few more tweaks to some games, they're not always for the better. (Only 1 Zelda on SSBU??  Really?!)  Although I'm mentally gearing up on getting a Sbitch come the later half of this year, I feel no reason to have 95% of the games on there when I can get them on other systems; better quality and most likely cheaper too.

You'll find plenty to play on there and your kids are going to love it.  no1curr about "one Zelda in Smash" except for your daughter, so I get it, but sorry breh.  Maybe with BOTW2.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7572 on: January 31, 2020, 08:41:34 AM »
dat animal crossing switch is looking pretty cool and i don't even like those games :mynicca

At least sell the mint joycons and the dock separately
:stahp
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7573 on: January 31, 2020, 08:44:09 AM »

At least sell the mint joycons and the dock separately
:stahp

The joycons are being sold seperately on Nintendo.jp shop if I saw correctly on Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7574 on: January 31, 2020, 08:55:08 AM »
While I disagree with Spieler on Switch with the caveat that I also don't get excited for late ports, but the Gamecube was legit dope and Switch is my favorite console since it.

Same.  I loved the Game Cube- it and the GBA had me pretty high on Nintender systems at the time.  That dropped off considerably with the Wii and Wii U and I preferred the PSP and Vita to the DS and 3DS, but the handhelds had plenty of games to play.
ど助平

Fifstar

« Reply #7575 on: January 31, 2020, 08:56:19 AM »
From last year:
https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-no-plans-to-announce-new-hardware-at-e3-2019/
Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa commented on some of the speculation during a financial results briefing today. New hardware will not be announced at E3, he said. Furukawa added that the company has nothing to announced on possible new hardware, but it is always developing hardware internally.

And then the Lite got announced later on. :thinking :thinking

This is how it's communicated in the financial briefing for the last quarter:

Regarding Nintendo Switch, we believe that it is important
to continue to communicate the appeal of both Nintendo
Switch systems and expand the installed base. Please note
that we have no plans to launch a new Nintendo Switch
model during 2020

Kinda sounds like they're going out of their way to rule out a new revision this year.

Although they also say this about the upcoming year:

This is premised on two
points I want to touch on here, although I will not go into
detail today about future development and lineup plans
because it is in the nature of our business to value surprise
in a good sense

So yeah, probably wise not to read anything into those statements...

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/200131_2e.pdf
Gulp

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7576 on: January 31, 2020, 09:08:02 AM »
While I disagree with Spieler on Switch with the caveat that I also don't get excited for late ports, but the Gamecube was legit dope and Switch is my favorite console since it.

Same.  I loved the Game Cube- it and the GBA had me pretty high on Nintender systems at the time.  That dropped off considerably with the Wii and Wii U and I preferred the PSP and Vita to the DS and 3DS, but the handhelds had plenty of games to play.

What are your fav Cube games?
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7577 on: January 31, 2020, 09:38:25 AM »

Not really a big list for me and the only game from Nintendo was made by Sega, lol.

Beach Spikers
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Bloody Roar Extreme
F-Zero GX
MGS The Twin Snakes
PN03
Soul Calibur II (LINKU~)
Super Monkey Ball

Also enjoyed playing some third party multiplatform titles like the various EA BIG sports games on it, The Gameboy Player for GBA on TV, and for a while I used it as a 'portable' system with with a screen attachment. 
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #7578 on: January 31, 2020, 10:12:59 AM »
Yeah GC to me was the RE4 and PN03 machine pretty much.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7579 on: January 31, 2020, 10:42:54 AM »
ya you guys are lost Cube is the best.

Enjoy being wrong bitches haha
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7580 on: January 31, 2020, 10:48:58 AM »

Not really a big list for me and the only game from Nintendo was made by Sega, lol.

Beach Spikers
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Bloody Roar Extreme
F-Zero GX
MGS The Twin Snakes
PN03
Soul Calibur II (LINKU~)
Super Monkey Ball

Also enjoyed playing some third party multiplatform titles like the various EA BIG sports games on it, The Gameboy Player for GBA on TV, and for a while I used it as a 'portable' system with with a screen attachment.

Yeah all those games were pretty damn awesome. Also it had the best version of Twilight Princess.

I guess it wasn't all bad. Just a very mediocre Nintendo exclusives output afaik
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7581 on: January 31, 2020, 11:20:06 AM »
GameCube had a lot of quality vidya for its time. Lots of unique games as well. Nintendo experimented a ton with creative art styles too.
They killed software support way too early.

The GameCube + Wii + Wii U ultimately dd the fusion dance to become what is known as the Nintendo Switch but Nintendo needs to bring some of the unique Cube-like games such as F-Zero GX.

From what we know of 2020 outside of Animal Crossing the line-up isn't very strong this year and 2019 wasn't a banger either.
Hopefully Zelda makes it but even if it doesn't I'd like more different games and IP revivals. Hopefully they can keep up 1 game a month.
Third party games are nice but they're mostly focused on ports of big HD releases I've already played.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #7582 on: January 31, 2020, 12:31:11 PM »
For the record, Twin Snakes was total ass and a wasted attempt of a remake of a classic using that comfortable, but shitty GC controller.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7583 on: January 31, 2020, 12:33:33 PM »
Nah Twin Snakes was pretty good man. A few dumb extra cutscenes but when I was young af I loved that shit.

Snake backflipping a rocket? Fuck yea
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7584 on: January 31, 2020, 12:48:41 PM »
Yeah all those games were pretty damn awesome. Also it had the best version of Twilight Princess.

I guess it wasn't all bad. Just a very mediocre Nintendo exclusives output afaik

Not sure if you can even say that about TP anymore with the Wii U version out there.

You should check out Beach Spikers sometime- it's a Sega AM2 arcade port.  Like the volleyball version of Virtua Tennis.  Really good shit.

Nintendo needs to bring some of the unique Cube-like games such as F-Zero GX.

unique Cube-like games
F-Zero GX

:confused

For the record, Twin Snakes was total ass and a wasted attempt of a remake of a classic using that comfortable, but shitty GC controller.

Didn't stop you from playing the hell out of it in the back of the store at work.
:ufup :bolo :umad

Nah Twin Snakes was pretty good man. A few dumb extra cutscenes but when I was young af I loved that shit.

A lot of people prefer the original game's cut scenes and dialogue.  I definitely like the original's voice acting more.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7585 on: January 31, 2020, 12:55:26 PM »

Not sure if you can even say that about TP anymore with the Wii U version out there.

You should check out Beach Spikers sometime- it's a Sega AM2 arcade port.  Like the volleyball version of Virtua Tennis.  Really good shit.

unique Cube-like games
F-Zero GX

Didn't stop you from playing the hell out of it in the back of the store at work.

A lot of people prefer the original game's cut scenes and dialogue.  I definitely like the original's voice acting more.
Whenever I think GameCube, I just think F-Zero GX  :lol
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #7586 on: January 31, 2020, 12:55:44 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7587 on: January 31, 2020, 01:22:59 PM »

unique Cube-like games
F-Zero GX

I don't even remember the dialogue, I'm pretty sure I only played through it once so I probably do prefer the original game to the remake. But still I remember it being pretty good. I liked that you could aim in first person because the overhead perspective was shit for shooting at dudes.

I also remember it made the game super easy though haha. I'll have to check out Beach Spikers, I remember it but never played it.
What

Tuckers Law

« Reply #7588 on: January 31, 2020, 01:30:31 PM »

Beach Spikers
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Bloody Roar Extreme
F-Zero GX
MGS The Twin Snakes
PN03
Soul Calibur II (LINKU~)
Super Monkey Ball

You missed Lost Kingdoms 1 & 2.  FROM killing it even on the Dolphin  :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7589 on: January 31, 2020, 02:26:13 PM »

Beach Spikers
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Bloody Roar Extreme
F-Zero GX
MGS The Twin Snakes
PN03
Soul Calibur II (LINKU~)
Super Monkey Ball

You missed Lost Kingdoms 1 & 2.  FROM killing it even on the Dolphin  :rejoice

Didn't miss them since those are my favorites. :awesome

Wave Race probably would have been on the list if I knew about the announcer easter egg at the time.

ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7590 on: January 31, 2020, 02:29:41 PM »
Wave Race was really good too
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7591 on: February 01, 2020, 10:44:58 AM »

I liked Cube overall more than the N64, some of my favorites:

Melee (of course)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (even though I played it first on the DC)
Baten Kaitos
Baten Kaitos:Origins
Luigi's Mansion
Metroid Prime
Cubivore
Tales of Symphonia
Super Monkey Ball
Soul Calibur 2 with Link
^_^

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7592 on: February 01, 2020, 07:47:35 PM »
the gamecube hardware was  :lawd overall. artX  :rejoice that $200 price point at lauch  :jawalrus

too bad we'll never see nintendo hardware designed like this again :tocry

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7593 on: February 01, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »

Game sucks man.

One of the most boring remakes ever. It’s the psycho remake of video games.

“Let’s remake a game where everything we add is garbage”

Also the game I bought a Cube for. It was really weird, I got it before RE4 came out. Yet, I paid only like $50 on the early days of Amazon Used Marketplace. It came and in was perfect condition. Pretty good deal considering.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 08:01:44 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7594 on: February 01, 2020, 08:30:01 PM »
the gamecube hardware was  :lawd overall. artX  :rejoice that $200 price point at lauch  :jawalrus

too bad we'll never see nintendo hardware designed like this again :tocry
ArtX pretty formed the basis of what is now AMD Radeon.

It was actually the first console GPU that could do shaders. Which is how they made the beautiful lasers of Rogue Squadron, the reflections and beam arm effects in Metroid Prime (some of which are REMOVED in the trilogy), the fur in Star Fox giving birth to a generation of degenerate furries, the perfect water of Sunshine and the incredible cel shading of The Wind Waker.

:bow Flipper :bow2

Had they not downclocked the CPU prior to launch and not used baby-DVD's, GameCube would've ran CIRCLES around Microsoft's ugly black Xbox and Sony's PlayStation 2.
We were [] this close to greatness where not only RE4 but all GameCube games would've been half a generation ahead of anything PS2/Xbox had to offer.

In fact before GameCube tanked, most ports between 2001/2002 were superior to their Xbox and PS2 counter parts by miles.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 08:35:23 PM by Nintex »
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7595 on: February 02, 2020, 10:21:46 AM »
In fact before GameCube tanked, most ports between 2001/2002 were superior to their Xbox and PS2 counter parts by miles.

Such as?
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7596 on: February 02, 2020, 11:12:38 AM »
i've seen people say the sonic games of that era were best on gc but never an explanation as to why. I'd imagine driving games like NFS got some benefit from the analog triggers.

Chooky

« Reply #7597 on: February 02, 2020, 11:24:49 AM »
there were a lot of ports on gc that ran better than they did on ps2, but better than xbox? no sir

paprikastaude

« Reply #7598 on: February 02, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »
All Capcom games were clearly superior on GCN.

I remember going from things like Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot to Luigi's Mansion was mindblowing, like playing a cartoon. The Death Star stage of RS2 felt like it was from the movie. Some things like the water in Mario Sunshine and REmake still look good today. Nintendo went full hardcore with the specs, but also the library. Moneyhatting and internally developing hardcore games that weren't reliant on mascots. Yet you still had all the classic series from today too, even the animu, plus all the crazy experimental games. The variety (and ambition) started to fade out during Wii and they never went back. Makes sense since GCN flopped compared to their cheapskate blue ocean strategy, yet the fact remains - Gamecube quality >>>>>>
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 12:27:58 PM by Spieler1 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7599 on: February 02, 2020, 12:24:22 PM »

Such as?

This was also an era where you had Capcom games only one particular platform for a while, but then later we got some ports like RE4 and Viewtiful Joe to PS2.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7600 on: February 02, 2020, 12:35:04 PM »
i've seen people say the sonic games of that era were best on gc but never an explanation as to why. I'd imagine driving games like NFS got some benefit from the analog triggers.
NFSU - Best of the console versions, pretty much custom tailored to the flipper
NFSU2 - Complete and utter garbage on the GameCube (worse than PS2 port), it looked as if someone had vomited on the screen (but still fun)

Sonic games like Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Heroes were better on the GameCube.
On the PS2 Sonic Heroes had shitty framerates on Xbox the controls were bad.

Today they would've released the GameCube versions of the Dreamcast Sonic's as: "Remasters". Cleaned up bugs, cleaned up graphics, cleaned up sound.
Yo my name is Knuckles, I'm going to Pumpkin Hill.

I believe the first of the Prince of Persia reboots was also the best on GameCube. Warrior Within however, clearly wasn't.
Beyond Good and Evil, again made use of the flipper unique shading capabilities. Better on the Cube.
Timesplitters Future Perfect? Best on the Cube.
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #7601 on: February 02, 2020, 12:40:58 PM »

Such as?

This was also an era where you had Capcom games only one particular platform for a while, but then later we got some ports like RE4 and Viewtiful Joe to PS2.

All of them? RE4, Viewtiful Joe, Killer7 either had better graphics, load times, more intuitive controls or all three. And released day1 on GCN. REmake and Ø remained exclusive and some of the better looking games of the gen.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7602 on: February 02, 2020, 12:55:44 PM »
Not to fan the console war embers, but multiplat games that came out on all three at once are probably the better point of comparison

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7603 on: February 02, 2020, 01:51:08 PM »
Timesplitters Future Perfect? Best on the Cube.

Don't recall this being any better on the GC than the other versions (or at least not better than XBox)- also it was lacking online play, which was available on PS2 and Xbox.

Such as?

All of them? RE4, Viewtiful Joe, Killer7 either had better graphics, load times, more intuitive controls or all three. And released day1 on GCN. REmake and Ø remained exclusive and some of the better looking games of the gen.

RE4 and Viewtiful Joe were supposed to be "exclusives" that later ended up getting ported- they looked/ran better on GC (RE4 way more so), but both got extra content on PS2.  RE4 had an extra area and Ada mode(?) and Viewtiful Joe got Dante added as a playable character and some other minor extras.  I don't remember what the general opinion on VJ was at the time among the SYSTEM WARZZZ crew, but RE4 was always a source of debate up until it came out on the Wii and made it irrelevant (although some said it still looked better on the GC).
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #7604 on: February 02, 2020, 02:16:28 PM »
I think GameCube looks better in retrospect, but living through it it had a trash release schedule compared to the other consoles, where it only got SOME of the big games, oftentimes they were nerfed in various ways (because the  game either relied on having 4 triggers and/or clicky analog sticks or the game had a bunch of licensed video or sound that was removed, compressed to hell, or shortened.

Also, the Nintendo library was kind of hit or miss then. There were some highs like Metroid prime, but it had the worst 3d mario, and both the Zelda games were pretty mediocre. And rares output was bad and almost nonexistent.

It had some very very good games, but they weren’t coming out that frequently.

Also was missing GTA which was absolutely tremendously huge at the time.
Edit: gcn era was also peak Nintendo unskippable handholding tutorials + also useless padding. Wind weaker, Metroid prime, wind warmer, twilight princess, and sunshine also suffer unbearably from this.

In fact I never beat wind water or Metroid prime because of their final parts where you need to go grab 12 “things” quests right before the very end, because they wanted to make the game longer for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 02:22:33 PM by kingv »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7605 on: February 02, 2020, 02:35:35 PM »
It recently hit me when playing Assassins Creed that with The Wind Waker Nintendo pioneered the busy work template that Ubisoft has been depending on.
You had the pirate hide-outs, submarines, lots of padding and randomly generated events at sea. It even had a photo mode  :ohhh
🤴

Occam

« Reply #7606 on: February 02, 2020, 04:10:11 PM »
GameCube had the best Star Wars games (by the way, Factor 5 exists again, since 2017).
I liked the GameCube as a secondary system besides PS2; if you didn't have a PS2 back then, you missed out on so much.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7607 on: February 02, 2020, 05:04:38 PM »
In Mario Sunshine, you get a little bit of excellent platforming, as a treat

paprikastaude

« Reply #7608 on: February 02, 2020, 05:17:57 PM »
I think GameCube looks better in retrospect, but living through it it had a trash release schedule compared to the other consoles, where it only got SOME of the big games, oftentimes they were nerfed in various ways (because the  game either relied on having 4 triggers and/or clicky analog sticks or the game had a bunch of licensed video or sound that was removed, compressed to hell, or shortened.

Also, the Nintendo library was kind of hit or miss then. There were some highs like Metroid prime, but it had the worst 3d mario, and both the Zelda games were pretty mediocre. And rares output was bad and almost nonexistent.

It had some very very good games, but they weren’t coming out that frequently.

Also was missing GTA which was absolutely tremendously huge at the time.

Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX and Paper Mario 2 are some of the best Nintendo games ever made. Compare to nowadays, where they struggle to get a non-cartoony 3D project like Metroid Prime successfully developed.  :doge Wind Waker and Sunshine were flawed, but at least they pushed for new tech and didn't rest on their laurels like New Mario Bros. 5 or whatever. Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin left room for improvement, but I'd be shocked if ARMS has the same staying power as these franchises.  :awesome GCN had everything that's still going on today, like Fire Emblem, Smash Bros., Mario Party, Animal Crossing, etc. Yet unlike later systems, GCN didn't stop there and still provided so many others things like everything I mentioned in the beginning, plus Wave Race, Jungle Beat, Eternal Darkness, Mario Strikers, Wario, 1080, Battalion Wars, etc. Not everything was an earth shattering hit, but at least they went beyond 2D platformers, party titles and animu. On top of that, they secured high-tier franchises like Star Wars and Resident Evil to further diversify the library. The closest they ever got to that again was Bayonetta, I guess. Yet GCN also had lower scope 3rd party exclusives like Tales of, Monkey Ball and so forth.

People hyped up the frequency of the first one or two years on Switch, yet the amount of critically acclaimed exclusives on GCN objectively was higher and had a bigger amount of genres. I don't know what your benchmark for Nintendo is, if GCN stands for bad frequency. Certainly can't be N64 or WiiU (LOL) either. Yes it missed out on many big games like GTA, but it had full- or timed 3rd party exclusives and several games were best on GCN. Lots of quality from Capcom, Sega, Namco... Many other ports clearly weren't superior - but that situation was still a hell of a lot better than to celebrate a platform becoming the dumping ground for fullpriced 5 to 20 year old games (of which some are still shit versions like Witcher).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 05:40:49 PM by Spieler1 »

paprikastaude

« Reply #7609 on: February 02, 2020, 05:38:53 PM »
That reminds me I never got around to Chibi Robo. 600€ on Amazon  :lol

Gamecube :rejoice

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7610 on: February 02, 2020, 11:08:36 PM »
the gamecube hardware was magical  :rejoice

Svejk

« Reply #7611 on: February 02, 2020, 11:17:04 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7612 on: February 03, 2020, 08:54:05 AM »
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7613 on: February 03, 2020, 09:36:38 AM »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7614 on: February 03, 2020, 09:48:09 AM »
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7615 on: February 03, 2020, 10:06:55 AM »
Like this post if you always spun the cube just enough so that it didn’t trigger the menu.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7617 on: February 04, 2020, 12:42:05 PM »
Gamecube had a worse library then N64 and Wii so...

WiiU doesnt count like GameBoy VR

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #7618 on: February 04, 2020, 01:18:40 PM »
N64 is the worst Nintendo console and it's not even close. SM64 and OoT were revolutionary games, absolutely shaped a lot of games going forward, but they're part of 20 games worth owning for the system.

SM64
OoT
Majora's Mask
Starfox 64
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Smash Bros
Mario Party
Mario Golf
Mario tennis
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo
Conker
Jetforce Gemini
GoldenEye
Perfect Dark
DK64
RE2
Mischief Makers
Turok 2

There are so few hidden gems, no JRPGs (in arguably their golden period on PS1), almost no fighting games, RARE games blend in with each other quickly, games had limited voice acting and music compared to PS1.

N64's library is an absolute bore, it's basically the most favored console amongst burn out weed dealers and smelly white people.

GameCube had sequels to almost every N64 game, and they're absolutely way better. Smash Melee smokes Smash Bros, Thousand Year Door smokes Paper Mario, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are better than both N64 Zelda's (I grew up with an N64 and Zelda fans that prop up Majora's Mask and OoT are nostalgia drooling cock suckers).

Killer 7 and RE4, while ported to PS2, look and run noticably worse than the Cube versions. REmake was one of the best looking games all gen. Tons of quirky and weird games.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 01:25:33 PM by mormapope »
OH!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7619 on: February 04, 2020, 01:26:37 PM »
I don't see Beetle Adventure Racing on that list, bub. :bolo
dog