Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 946557 times)

Tasty

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #8460 on: June 28, 2020, 01:00:32 PM »
If the Switch gets Crazy Tazi and I can fucking plug my GC controllers in and relive old times... Oh man. :lawd

I literally watched like a longplay last summer cause I was craving it so bad :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8461 on: June 28, 2020, 04:36:48 PM »
PUT SKIES OF ARCADIA ON SWITCH
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8462 on: June 28, 2020, 04:38:44 PM »
I KNOW IT'S NOT A NAOMI TITLE BUT STILL
dog

Tasty

« Reply #8463 on: June 28, 2020, 04:39:49 PM »
PUT SKIES OF ARCADIA EVERYTHING ON SWITCH

:bolo :miyamoto :klob

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8464 on: June 28, 2020, 07:10:30 PM »
I did'nt know there was a Puzzle Fighter clone on Switch.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/crystal-crisis-switch/

This will have to do since Capcom hasn't ported it to any modern systems.

I discovered this while just searching gamestop. I've discovered a lot of boxed retail games I've never heard of. People say physical games are dying and maybe they are. They are certainly moving to a more boutique level. But between the PS4 and Switch, I feel it's almost PS2 days oh physical releases. So many things have gotten physical releases that would have sure just been digital only last gen. Though, certainly some have skipped physical. Also with Limited Run and all the other things like it, physical games seem to be doing ok.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8466 on: June 29, 2020, 09:23:06 AM »
:uguu
dog

Tasty

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8468 on: July 01, 2020, 11:00:04 AM »
I hope it runs at 15fps like it did on my PC in 2007.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8469 on: July 01, 2020, 12:31:35 PM »
It looks better than Far Cry on Wii at least.  :doge
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8470 on: July 04, 2020, 04:13:50 PM »

God tier Nintendo lore  8)
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8471 on: July 04, 2020, 04:17:53 PM »
Honestly, the best game on the Switch is.......Bomberman R. That game has gotten a lot of play out of me as I just bring the Switch out on patio cookout nights and just have a couple of friends and family huddle around the Switch. It's "perfect for the switch" because you just need 1 joycon and thus you automatically have two players.  Buy another joycon set and bam 4 players. I always liked Bomberman, but never had enough controllers on other systems. On the Switch it's easier to have 4 players and even easier to play it anywhere.

Tasty

« Reply #8472 on: July 04, 2020, 04:33:55 PM »
Honestly, the best game on the Switch is.......Bomberman R. That game has gotten a lot of play out of me as I just bring the Switch out on patio cookout nights and just have a couple of friends and family huddle around the Switch. It's "perfect for the switch" because you just need 1 joycon and thus you automatically have two players.  Buy another joycon set and bam 4 players. I always liked Bomberman, but never had enough controllers on other systems. On the Switch it's easier to have 4 players and even easier to play it anywhere.

Counterpoint: Tetris 99 is just as awesome, but the experience is better online than local for that one (Bomberman R being the opposite ratio)

Bebpo

« Reply #8473 on: July 04, 2020, 05:20:18 PM »

hmmm, I love Bomberman but just assumed they've all been terrible since X360 days. Is R any good single player?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8474 on: July 04, 2020, 06:51:22 PM »

hmmm, I love Bomberman but just assumed they've all been terrible since X360 days. Is R any good single player?
It's just an ok Bomberman game. It doesn't run that well and the singleplayer while enjoyable isn't anything special.
Fun to pick up from the bargain bin maybe but otherwise...  Pyuo Puyo Tetris, now that's a sleeper hit from the launch line-up.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8475 on: July 04, 2020, 07:43:52 PM »

The single player is ok. I mean in the end I don't think it's an amazing game. It's a pretty basic Bomberman game, but that's what I wanted. As someone who has a Switch and dosen't have Mario Kart or Smash bros or whatever, this is the game I take out for parties. And since it's bomberman it's pretty easy to pick up and play and not give a shit. Which is what I like to do when I'm drinking and playing video games.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8476 on: July 04, 2020, 08:18:10 PM »
You should get Mario Kart tho
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8477 on: July 04, 2020, 08:25:23 PM »
No.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8478 on: July 04, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »
No.

You must really hate your friends
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8479 on: July 04, 2020, 08:43:04 PM »
Well it's more like I don't like Mario Kart or Smash Bros and the games are still $60. They become $20 and I'll have them just to have them in case(more so MK as Smash I find just unfun). I had the WiiU installments and yeah they would be played when groups are over, but outside of that I never touched them.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8480 on: July 04, 2020, 10:36:28 PM »

You got a PCE-Mini- you have the best Bomberman games already.  Well, outside 10 player Saturn Bomberman.
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8481 on: July 05, 2020, 09:58:04 AM »
Well it's more like I don't like Mario Kart or Smash Bros and the games are still $60. They become $20 and I'll have them just to have them in case(more so MK as Smash I find just unfun). I had the WiiU installments and yeah they would be played when groups are over, but outside of that I never touched them.

Switch platinum hits when?

Bebpo

« Reply #8482 on: July 05, 2020, 02:56:26 PM »
Got back to Link's Awakening and did the 2nd dungeon. I love the art style of this game so much. The amazing animations and great art and the smoothness of the framerate when it's not tanking just looks so damn charming.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8483 on: July 05, 2020, 03:12:25 PM »
I'd like a "greatest hits" line, but those titles are evergreen and probably will sell as long as the Switch is at your local Target. So I can't see much reason for Nintendo to ever lower the price like that.

Is'nt Zelda still $60?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #8484 on: July 05, 2020, 03:25:33 PM »
they'll wait til the system is out the door before you start seeing good discounts, just like they always do with their systems. i think they didn't start their discount line on 3DS until a good five or so years into the system's life.
pcp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #8485 on: July 05, 2020, 07:06:26 PM »
Are the Mercenaries Wings games any good? Looks like a halfway decent clone of the FFT or Tactics Ogre style SRPGs. However I’ve been burned with these games before.
🍆🍆

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8486 on: July 05, 2020, 07:41:55 PM »
I think there's better you could be playing on the Switch instead of Mercenary Wings
fat

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #8487 on: July 06, 2020, 02:19:17 AM »
First party games are officially $60 forever right now but you can find them for $50 a lot of the time.
Hi

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #8489 on: July 08, 2020, 12:33:19 PM »
Oh yeah, Jake Hunter is down from $40 to $16, purchased because I'm an idiot who loves DETECTIVE JINGUJI SABURO and all of his inexplicably localized games of questionable quality

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8490 on: July 08, 2020, 01:00:42 PM »
Just got a beta key for Rogue Company.  They sent me a code for the PC version last week and it was kinda fun- needs some polish, but was more enjoyable than say, Fortnite.  It's not a battle royal and instead has faster-paced 4v4 objective-based team battles on smaller maps.  It's supposed to be cross-play on all platforms and will let you have account progression across them all, too.
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8491 on: July 08, 2020, 03:11:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1280667921031868421

Surprised to see The Immortal on there, as it seems a lot of western devs tend to ignore the virtual console. Game is absolutely abysmal though.
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8492 on: July 08, 2020, 03:45:05 PM »
Grandia & Castlevania Collection getting a physical release from LRG

And a bunch of other shit

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #8493 on: July 08, 2020, 04:07:10 PM »
if the castlevania collection comes with a real copy of that digital book i might have to double dip
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8494 on: July 08, 2020, 04:13:22 PM »
LRG does pre-orders now so there shouldn't be a huge rush to get yours day 1
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8495 on: July 08, 2020, 04:43:02 PM »
Also the best Ys game is coming too to Switch

^_^

Tasty

« Reply #8496 on: July 08, 2020, 04:56:35 PM »
That Castlevania Collection making me want to bust my physical Switch cart virginity :noah

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #8497 on: July 08, 2020, 07:32:45 PM »
That Castlevania Collection making me want to bust my physical Switch cart virginity :noah
I wanna cop that and the Grandia collection too. :-*
Hi

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #8498 on: July 08, 2020, 09:39:20 PM »
they'll wait til the system is out the door before you start seeing good discounts, just like they always do with their systems. i think they didn't start their discount line on 3DS until a good five or so years into the system's life.

And yet Gamecube dropped $50 in 9 months
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8499 on: July 09, 2020, 07:51:51 AM »
What I remember from the 3DS is that we immediately got a bunch of free games to make up for the lackluster launch line-up.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #8500 on: July 09, 2020, 09:58:13 AM »
Castlevania collection doesn't have Rondo (or even CX) :existential

No Richter :existential

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8501 on: July 09, 2020, 10:35:02 AM »
What I remember from the 3DS is that we immediately got a bunch of free games to make up for the lackluster launch line-up.

Weren't they GBA games?  And then they never released them any other way, IIRC, pissing people off.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8502 on: July 09, 2020, 10:36:56 AM »
Castlevania collection doesn't have Rondo (or even CX) :existential

No Richter :existential

Yeah.  Probably due to the Rondo/SOTN collection that's only on PS4?  I also don't like that they took Haunted Castle and put it with the Arcade Collection instead of the CV one. 

It's still a great collection though!
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #8503 on: July 09, 2020, 10:40:32 AM »
Isn't Haunted Castle complete trash.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8504 on: July 09, 2020, 10:59:16 AM »

Yoink my game now
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8505 on: July 09, 2020, 11:21:08 AM »
Isn't Haunted Castle complete trash.

Not the point- why keep a Castlevania game off a Castlevania collection and just put it with another collection filled with SHMUPS? 
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #8507 on: July 09, 2020, 12:21:42 PM »
They gave up on Paper Mario being an RPG series with the third game (out of now six.) The straight up RPGs in the franchise (the first two) are now a minority in the overall series.

This is like expecting a modern Game Freak game to have good performance or graphics. Possible, but highly unlikely.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8509 on: July 09, 2020, 12:55:24 PM »
I’m curious on what he means specifically by “no xp” and “no real leveling up”.

Edit: upon reading his preview, his xp and leveling criticisms could just as easily be levied at something like Final Fantasy 10, which I’m betting wouldn’t be as derided by people for not being an rpg.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:02:22 PM by Tuckers Law »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8510 on: July 09, 2020, 02:09:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1281212263555162113

:fbm

Pass. TTYD best paper Mario still confirmed, might just replay through that on dolphin

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8511 on: July 09, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1281354234328313856

Nintendo's just trolling us.

What could it be

Rayman
Castlevania
MegaMan
perhaps Sonic?
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #8512 on: July 09, 2020, 07:50:37 PM »
https://streamable.com/7jfp4d

>There are folks on this board
>That will defend Swery's piece of shit coding

ISHYGDDT.jpg

:nope

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8513 on: July 09, 2020, 09:37:09 PM »

What could it be

Rayman
Castlevania
MegaMan
perhaps Sonic?

My guess is the River City Girls sequel mentioned on the LRG3 stream yesterday.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8514 on: July 09, 2020, 10:57:26 PM »

What could it be

Rayman
Castlevania
MegaMan
perhaps Sonic?

My guess is the River City Girls sequel mentioned on the LRG3 stream yesterday.

The previous tweet says it's new to the developer, so wouldn't be RCG.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #8515 on: July 09, 2020, 11:28:45 PM »
They gave up on Paper Mario being an RPG series with the third game (out of now six.) The straight up RPGs in the franchise (the first two) are now a minority in the overall series.

This is like expecting a modern Game Freak game to have good performance or graphics. Possible, but highly unlikely.

I don't play them anymore, but yeah I just consider it an adventure game series at this point.

Play them for the writing/story or don't bother it seems.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #8516 on: July 10, 2020, 05:28:49 AM »
:rofl

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8517 on: July 10, 2020, 10:35:50 AM »
Playing the new season of diablo 3 on my lunch breaks, the season perk is pretty lame.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #8518 on: July 10, 2020, 10:42:27 AM »
My physical Switch collection is growing very quickly  :-*

Animal Crossing
Zelda BOTW
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
Wonderful 101
Katamari Damacy Reroll
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Smash Ultimate
Trials of Mana
Dragon Quest XI S
Bayonetta 2 (+1)
Deadly Premonition 2

The variety and quality of games for this console is amazing.  :heartbeat

OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8519 on: July 10, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »
This Paper Mario game looks to be devoid of any challenge  :fbm

"I'm sorry ethan go ahead... I'm sorry go ahead... I'm sorry that's what I was going to say"
🤴