Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 947723 times)

paprikastaude

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #8820 on: August 26, 2020, 04:44:19 AM »
With all this, and given other praises for Wii U that I missed, I'm gonna assume Wii U may be the most overrated Nintendo console of all time at this point? People were really that starved for Nintendo games they called Tropical Freeze a GOAT.

The console was owned by almost no one but desperate corporate sluts who know no narrative beyond "everything Nintendo does right at this moment is the best thing they ever did". I like the new Donkey Kong gameplay, but as a sequel TF wasn't great. While DKC2 improved upon its sequel, TF copied most of the things from the Wii game, including all the supbar elements like flappy bird levels, useless puzzle pieces, generic bonus rooms, etc. The music is good, but again way overhyped by fanboys who don't know anything. The highs aren't quite on the level of Aquatic Ambience, etc., but several lows are well below the lowpoints of the DKC1/2 OSTs. The biggest surprise for me was that they actually made the partner characters playable for singleplayer... but only once you beat the game.

But at least the core is still very good to me. Unlike the Mario games on WiiU, which are all a disgrace considering the series history. NSMBWii from a gameplay perspective was the only one that had a right to exist, because it brought multiplayer and new level dynamics with all these moving elements. But the sequels and 3D World felt like playing the exact same thing again and again, except it was getting lamer and more annoying each time.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 04:48:34 AM by Spieler1 »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #8821 on: August 26, 2020, 06:40:49 AM »
With all this, and given other praises for Wii U that I missed, I'm gonna assume Wii U may be the most overrated Nintendo console of all time at this point? People were really that starved for Nintendo games they called Tropical Freeze a GOAT.

The console was owned by almost no one but desperate corporate sluts who know no narrative beyond "everything Nintendo does right at this moment is the best thing they ever did". I like the new Donkey Kong gameplay, but as a sequel TF wasn't great. While DKC2 improved upon its sequel, TF copied most of the things from the Wii game, including all the supbar elements like flappy bird levels, useless puzzle pieces, generic bonus rooms, etc. The music is good, but again way overhyped by fanboys who don't know anything. The highs aren't quite on the level of Aquatic Ambience, etc., but several lows are well below the lowpoints of the DKC1/2 OSTs. The biggest surprise for me was that they actually made the partner characters playable for singleplayer... but only once you beat the game.

But at least the core is still very good to me. Unlike the Mario games on WiiU, which are all a disgrace considering the series history. NSMBWii from a gameplay perspective was the only one that had a right to exist, because it brought multiplayer and new level dynamics with all these moving elements. But the sequels and 3D World felt like playing the exact same thing again and again, except it was getting lamer and more annoying each time.

:miyamoto
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8822 on: August 26, 2020, 06:54:51 AM »
I honestly think modern indie platformers like Celeste are better platformers than what Nintendo has been doing.

I've been waiting to play DKTF and NSMBU for years. People have said shit like," NSMBU is the best 2D Mario since Mario World" "Tropical Freeze is one of the best 2D platformers of all time!" But both are just okay in the case of NSMBU and just good in the case of DKCTF.
It depends on what you're looking for in a game.

NSMBU offers decent and fair platforming challenges and there's plenty of cool Gizmo's to toy around with. I enjoy games like Celeste too but they are less accessible as indies either make their games very difficult or more complex (rather too confusing) towards the end. Nintendo's games often offer much more variety in themes and challenges packed into a single game. Until Tezuka retires Nintendo will probably keep making 2D Mario games using the same basic principles as Super Mario World. And in that sense I would say NSMBU is the best in the New Super Mario Bros. series. However, this game isn't aimed at hardcore players but families and kids who want to play Super Mario together. So you won't find it real challenging as a veteran gamer.

DKCTF is a different beast all together. GameXplain pretty much nails why it is so good. But for me it was just the fact that the entire world felt connected and that David Wise soundtrack combined with some awesome vertical platforming.
Each level is unique in that game, which is not the case in NSMBU.

I enjoyed Celeste but it felt more like a trial and error puzzle game than a platform game. DKCTF in that sense feels more like an action game with all the events and variety (but of the good kind in my book).
🤴

Fifstar

« Reply #8823 on: August 26, 2020, 08:36:04 AM »

I rarely agree with your fallen N-Fan rhetoric but you're goddamn right here.
Gulp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8824 on: August 26, 2020, 10:19:11 AM »
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8825 on: August 26, 2020, 10:27:55 AM »
Final Fantasy Legend Collection coming this year

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/collection-of-saga-final-fantasy-legend-switch/

Yeah this is fucking awesome... Any word of a physical like they did with Collection of Mana?
^_^

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #8826 on: August 26, 2020, 10:48:16 AM »
nintendo gave up on this year  :doge
püp

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8827 on: August 26, 2020, 10:53:26 AM »
nintex says they have a super secret stacked holiday line up to announce :rejoice
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8828 on: August 26, 2020, 10:58:35 AM »
To me it looks like they're getting all the third party games and announcements out of the way with these mini directs.

They will probably do a separate reveal/direct for their own 1 or 2 big holiday titles.
Which I think will be Mario Anniversary thing, Bravely Default II and/or Zelda.

So something like:
September: Mario Anniversary
October: Pikmin 3: Deluxe
November: Zelda (or Mario, with Zelda in March)
December: Bravely Default II

Unlike what those insiders think, I don't think Nintendo will drop a more expensive 4k capable Switch early next year.
🤴

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #8829 on: August 26, 2020, 10:58:36 AM »
The reactions to this mini direct partner thing is a stark reminder that gamers are the most gaped and annoying bitch fucks on the planet.

OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8830 on: August 26, 2020, 11:04:38 AM »
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2  :rejoice
🤴

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #8831 on: August 26, 2020, 11:10:43 AM »
thanks nintex I'm sure you of all people know exactly what nintendo has planned
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8832 on: August 26, 2020, 11:15:38 AM »
The video:

Not much we didn't already know about already, but hey- World Of Tanks is F2P today.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8833 on: August 26, 2020, 11:17:27 AM »
thanks nintex I'm sure you of all people know exactly what nintendo has planned

FWIW, I dropped in the staff chat of the website I used to write for and said: "You all ready for Kingdom Hearts and Chrystal Chronicles?" when one of them started the 5 minute countdown of the Twitter announcement.
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8834 on: August 26, 2020, 11:30:13 AM »
You really betting on Bravely Default 2 huh
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8835 on: August 26, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »
Reminder that MOON comes out tomorrow/tonight

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/moon-switch/
fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8836 on: August 26, 2020, 11:32:29 AM »

:rimshot
🤴

Himu

« Reply #8837 on: August 26, 2020, 01:07:15 PM »

As said on Twitter, these games lack good feel. 2d platformers are all about feel. Compare my DKC gameplay with TF. It's night and day. TF objectively feels bad. It's slow as fuck. Being forced to play as Donkey Kong only instantly makes it a 7/10 Donkey Kong game in my eyes.

https://twitter.com/JupiterJazzFGC/status/1298525914997784576

TF?

https://twitter.com/JupiterJazzFGC/status/1298518756621053952

This is slow as molasses. I'm not sure playing as Diddy would even help.

Indie platformers feel and play better.

https://twitter.com/JupiterJazzFGC/status/1298479343207776256

https://twitter.com/JupiterJazzFGC/status/1298479785207717889

NSMBU is in the same boat. It feels like trash for a 2D Mario game. Is it the 2 5d that's doing this. Surely not?

And I'm to believe TF is some God tier platformer?

As for music I can barely hear it. The mixing sounds atrocious.

I have to assume the Ntards lost their goddamn minds during the Wii U era.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:21:02 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8838 on: August 26, 2020, 01:07:21 PM »
This came out today- also on Steam.  Not sure about other platforms.

ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8839 on: August 26, 2020, 01:22:10 PM »
It's fine if you don't like it, I enjoy DKC series and the new ones

* though NSMBU is pretty trash
fat

Beezy

« Reply #8840 on: August 26, 2020, 01:58:19 PM »
I wish Namco would throw a few of those Taiko drums to the US.

Himu

« Reply #8841 on: August 26, 2020, 02:21:05 PM »
Demi, these games cost 50 and 60. They getting the full treatment.

Nintendo fans really elevated these games as all time classics. Tucker said NSMBU is better than 3 and World. :lol

Were the Wii U years this dire?
IYKYK

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #8842 on: August 26, 2020, 02:28:41 PM »

4. Lack of previous flexibility. In the past DKC games I don't like to play as Donkey. I like playing as Diddy and Trixie. Together, with better level design, this is why I prefer DKC2 over 1. But here I can only play as Donkey. All of the extra characters so far only serve to give donkey extra air time or jump higher. This ties into lack of play style variety.

5. These games are too slow. Tropical Freeze is faster than NSMBU but holy shit. Between the bloated collecting and more these games just feel like slogs.

Donkey Kong hasn't been fun in any DKC imo, who wants to play a big lumbering character in a platformer? And only played Returns and not Tropical Freeze but that also felt slow, or not nearly as fluid, as the original series.

paprikastaude

« Reply #8843 on: August 26, 2020, 02:29:45 PM »
Demi, these games cost 50 and 60. They getting the full treatment.

Nintendo fans really elevated these games as all time classics. Tucker said NSMBU is better than 3 and World. :lol

Were the Wii U years this dire?

Before and after almost every mildly notable release like TF were literal 3-6 month droughts. And even the 'notable' releases got gradually worse than even NSMBU when they started to position a Gamecube port or Mosou title as flagships. :lol Or a Wii Sports port with an added pay wall. So imagine that, the suckers who desperately didn't want to admit failure tried to convince everyone else that they are totally missing the best party evurrr :goldberg

DKC is one out of three of four WiiU games I'd actually replay, but everything else like those overhyped Mario cash grabs can fuck right off forever.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 02:34:50 PM by Spieler1 »

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #8844 on: August 26, 2020, 02:52:52 PM »
I remember late in its life I took a look at the WiiU library via N's website to see if there was enough to push me over and I went 'I think I'm good'. First home console of Nintendo's that I haven't owned. Of course since most of its major releases have made it over to Switch the thing is basically getting memory holed.
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8845 on: August 26, 2020, 03:02:18 PM »
nintendo gave up on this year  :doge

A combination of not really having anything big ready for the summer/autumn + development delays due to Covid = let it ride this year and come out strong next year, would be my guess.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #8846 on: August 26, 2020, 04:45:23 PM »
I have to assume the Ntards lost their goddamn minds during the Wii U era.

I mean they went from ostensibly ruling the previous generation by a lot of metrics to their shittiest, least successful home console ever, and as you can see, they didn't even have the "well at least the 1st party output is great" thing to fall back on for the most part. No real Mario game, Zelda came out at the end of the thing's life cycle, just all around a shit tier console with a shit tier library. (a few solid titles here and there)

Then when you consider that Ninthings are notoriously intellectually dishonest turdlingers who have no option but to tongue the fart box of their corporate overlords and yeah, it was baaaaaaaaad.
yar

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8847 on: August 26, 2020, 05:32:44 PM »
 ::)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8848 on: August 26, 2020, 05:56:15 PM »

4. Lack of previous flexibility. In the past DKC games I don't like to play as Donkey. I like playing as Diddy and Trixie. Together, with better level design, this is why I prefer DKC2 over 1. But here I can only play as Donkey. All of the extra characters so far only serve to give donkey extra air time or jump higher. This ties into lack of play style variety.

5. These games are too slow. Tropical Freeze is faster than NSMBU but holy shit. Between the bloated collecting and more these games just feel like slogs.

Donkey Kong hasn't been fun in any DKC imo, who wants to play a big lumbering character in a platformer? And only played Returns and not Tropical Freeze but that also felt slow, or not nearly as fluid, as the original series.

I played through Returns but couldn't get over the stupid waggle to roll... please tell me that's not in Tropical Freeze.... (which I own for WiiU, is it worth picking up the Switch version instead?)
^_^

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #8849 on: August 26, 2020, 09:33:55 PM »
Man tropical freeze is alright. Don't roast it just because the rest of the shit with the wii u was dire.

Himu

« Reply #8850 on: August 26, 2020, 11:48:00 PM »
Man tropical freeze is alright. Don't roast it just because the rest of the shit with the wii u was dire.

It cost 60 dollars. For a 2014 game. Alright isn't good enough.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #8851 on: August 27, 2020, 03:06:15 AM »

I played through Returns but couldn't get over the stupid waggle to roll... please tell me that's not in Tropical Freeze.... (which I own for WiiU, is it worth picking up the Switch version instead?)

It's not and they also removed it in the 3DS port. Still, I'd prob rather replay TF. It's like Paper Mario 2, for which I was disappointed after launch at how extremely similar it is to the first game. But as time passes, I guess I'd rather play the slightly improved clone.

It cost 60 dollars. For a 2014 game. Alright isn't good enough.

Fun fact, it was cheaper on WiiU than it is now :goldberg But I guess with the WiiU they understood that they have raised a core base that would even buy a full priced box with nothing but Miyamoto's sack hair in it. While all the new casual/child players don't know any better. Man, I hope at least Pikmin 3 flops into oblivion. This wasn't even worth budget price 7 years ago, let alone 60 bucks now.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8852 on: August 27, 2020, 04:08:49 AM »
Only thing I saw in those clips was Cindy playing Tropical Freeze badly.

Video shows that enemy placement was done with Donkey Kong's roll speed in mind. The slower exploration speed of regular play seems to be there to grow your familiarity with the levels so that you can actually do the higher level play Time Attacks.

Himu

« Reply #8853 on: August 27, 2020, 04:12:47 AM »
That looks good. How do I have the partner on top of Donkey with both legs?
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8854 on: August 27, 2020, 04:16:03 AM »
Keep pressing the roll button.

When you're playing just as Donkey Kong, jumping out of the roll keeps the faster momentum. You basically gotta learn speedrunning tricks to make the game fun to play.

Himu

« Reply #8855 on: August 27, 2020, 04:19:29 AM »
I'll keep playing then. I really want to like it. I paid 60 bucks for this shit.

When you're playing just as Donkey Kong, jumping out of the roll keeps the faster momentum. You basically gotta learn speedrunning tricks to make the game fun to play.

Yeah I know. What's also helping is ignoring every pick up besides KONG. Fuck it.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8856 on: August 27, 2020, 04:24:24 AM »
I don't think the puzzle pieces unlock anything. KONG letters unlock the extra hard temple levels. You might still want to explore the levels cause there's 2 secret exits in each World as well.

Himu

« Reply #8857 on: August 27, 2020, 04:26:50 AM »
I known about the extra exits but besides Kong that's about it.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8858 on: August 27, 2020, 09:05:27 AM »
The puzzle pieces unlock artworks and diorama's I think.

The coins you can use to purchase Squawks and other helpful items.

There's Hidden A, B levels, which are usually pretty good and there's the Golden Stages you unlock by collecting the Kong Letters
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8859 on: August 27, 2020, 04:27:35 PM »

Tucker said NSMBU is better than 3 and World. :lol

For me it’s the better 2d platformer, yeah.  Admittedly that is influenced by how strong New Super Luigi U is, but all told I would still probably feel that way even without it.   :yeshrug

Can’t help you on the DK TF stuff, I still haven’t finished it myself.  I did like DKCR and what I’ve played of DKTF a hell of a lot more than the janky control-feel (IMO) of the classic DKC series, but I get why people hold those games in high regard.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #8860 on: August 28, 2020, 06:15:36 AM »
I might have been the only person who re-U’d: got it on day one and sold it to someone at full price or a profit (I forget which) and got another one for Mario 3D World. It was the typical Nintendo console. I don’t see what makes the Wii U worse than GameCube except nostalgia. The Wii U had a better Mario Kart but a shittier Paper Mario. 3D World was pretty paint-by-numbers but didn’t have the bugs and glitches that Sunshine had.
🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #8861 on: August 28, 2020, 07:59:35 AM »
...the first party (and hell, even 3rd party considering RE4) stuff on GC shat all over the Weeeeeeoooooo's library from lofty heights. Plus, the GC had a Fire Emblem and Weeeeoooooo didn't. Open and shut case, yer honor.
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8862 on: August 28, 2020, 08:15:12 AM »
The Wii U had the virtual console tho. You could play Earthbound and all Zelda's, including the HD remakes.
Plus it was backwards compatible with the Wii.

Still it wasn't the big celebrating of Nintendo in HD it could've been and at the time the GameCube was better.
I still don't understand how they screwed up so badly considering the opportunity to bring games like F-Zero, Metroid Prime and others to HD in the first time.
It wasn't until very late in the systems life that they figured out what to do with the Wii U features (Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, Star Fox Zero) with different results.

One of the few games that I illustrates well what I thought the Wii U would be like is Mario Kart 8. A great way to bring Mario Kart to HD without having to reinvent the wheel.
Hell, they even advertised it with a very impressive Zelda HD demo when it was unveiled so someone must've had the right idea.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #8863 on: August 28, 2020, 08:19:08 AM »
Wii U is one of the best emu machines though.   :D

paprikastaude

« Reply #8864 on: August 28, 2020, 08:54:31 AM »
I might have been the only person who re-U’d: got it on day one and sold it to someone at full price or a profit (I forget which) and got another one for Mario 3D World. It was the typical Nintendo console. I don’t see what makes the Wii U worse than GameCube except nostalgia. The Wii U had a better Mario Kart but a shittier Paper Mario. 3D World was pretty paint-by-numbers but didn’t have the bugs and glitches that Sunshine had.

Gamecube is their best 3D console unless you count DS. Not even Switch is even gonna come remotely close to its exclusive library back in the day. Tons of exclusives, lots of new IPs - including top tier 3rd party exclusives -, maybe their biggest 1st party variety (compared to nowadays anyway, where it's almost solely mascot and pedo waifu games) and some of the best tech you've seen back in the day. WiiU rehashed a small amount of prior generation shit like Wii Fit and 2D platformers with cheap and lazy sequels and spread it over a 4 year drought. Couldn't even get the absolute minimum for a Nintendo console like an exclusive Zelda.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #8865 on: August 28, 2020, 02:21:11 PM »
Wii U is one of the best emu machines though.   :D
MVG did a video on this fairly recently.
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8866 on: August 28, 2020, 06:32:59 PM »

Gamecube is their best 3D console unless you count DS. Not even Switch is even gonna come remotely close to its exclusive library back in the day. Tons of exclusives, lots of new IPs - including top tier 3rd party exclusives -, maybe their biggest 1st party variety (compared to nowadays anyway, where it's almost solely mascot and pedo waifu games) and some of the best tech you've seen back in the day. WiiU rehashed a small amount of prior generation shit like Wii Fit and 2D platformers with cheap and lazy sequels and spread it over a 4 year drought. Couldn't even get the absolute minimum for a Nintendo console like an exclusive Zelda.
I love the GameCube but their best 3D machine was the N64. Despite the technical issues and third party support it's hard to beat the sheer number of revolutionary games that released on it.
Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, GoldenEye and most other high-profile releases became the 'templates' and benchmarks for console 3D games for over a decade. Both for Nintendo and other developers.

The GameCube was sort of the turning point where Nintendo lost their edge over Sony and third party publishers in terms of software and popular games from western developers like GTA 3 turned the tables.
They could also no longer do all their games in house and had to fly in outside help to do games like Metroid and F-Zero GX. The exclusive games that they got where also the type of games they needed to fight the competition but weren't the real deal like MGS: Twin Snakes and Chrystal Chronicles. They also wasted resources on GBA/GCN connectivity to try and help the GameCube with the popularity of the GBA and cut software support significantly during the last 2 years of its life.
🤴

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #8867 on: August 28, 2020, 08:46:53 PM »
the only people i've ever seen put n64 on a pedastool were gamers who were children when it was big. it had some fun stuff, and two revolutionary games, but otherwise it was complete clown shoes compared to the ps1. a fucking wasteland aside from kid stuff and party games. gamecube didn't have a mario 64 or OoT, but it had way way more great games.
pcp

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8868 on: August 28, 2020, 08:52:11 PM »
both were amazing :whew

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8869 on: August 28, 2020, 09:56:49 PM »
From a local retro/store facebook

omegalul gamecube :3
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8870 on: August 29, 2020, 05:35:58 PM »
Dusk Golem is claiming that a new Monster Hunter, made for Switch, will be revealed soon.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8871 on: August 29, 2020, 06:48:43 PM »
Will they hunt him if it doesn't happen  :rash

Wasn't that a rumor that floated around for a long time, that the next 'numbered' Monster Hunter after World was a timed Switch exclusive.
I recall such a rumor at least.
🤴

mormapope

« Reply #8872 on: August 29, 2020, 07:43:55 PM »
From what I've read, it's going to be helmed by the MH Generations Ultimate director, who worked on other portable entries in the past. The odd thing about rumors going around is this Switch Monster Hunter being on RE Engine.

Which gives hope of RE7, RE2 Remake, and DMC5 getting switch ports at some point.  :-*
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8873 on: August 29, 2020, 09:01:48 PM »
I think those will be on Switch 2.

And that's why I don't buy the Switch Pro rumors. It doesn't make any sense to launch a much more capable Switch next year unless it kicks off a new generation, but that seems a bit early given the success.
A small upgrade like the 2019 battery improvement I can see (some more storage, perhaps some higher clocks) but I'm not seeing how they could upgrade the current hardware to do 4K unless it's some really specific baked-in checkerboarding/DLSS hardware which seems too much of a hassle.

So either it's a next-gen Switch with some exclusive games and games that run on both the current model and the next-gen Switch (see Xbox) or a minor upgrade that is still basically the same hardware with some tweaks.
Given the chips Nvidia has in this segment there's just not much room left to 'scale' without doing a generational leap beyond some freak Saturn double chip solution.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8874 on: August 29, 2020, 09:29:07 PM »
Capcom also had a paired down version of MT framework for Wii and 3DS. That didn’t lean to ports of 360/PS3 games. Don’t think that would happen here either. They’ve dragged their feet for too long already. Also they did the streaming thing with RE7.

mormapope

« Reply #8875 on: August 29, 2020, 09:55:24 PM »
Capcom also had a paired down version of MT framework for Wii and 3DS. That didn’t lean to ports of 360/PS3 games. Don’t think that would happen here either. They’ve dragged their feet for too long already. Also they did the streaming thing with RE7.

I doubt they'd dedicate manpower and resources to get one game running on RE Engine on Switch, and not do anything else regarding ports or future projects with that engine. If that was gonna be the case, MT framework would've been the go to for the next MH on Switch.

Unless they made Re Engine lite tailored for Switch hardware. In which case, maybe Switch will get a different catalog of Capcom games in the future.

OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8876 on: August 29, 2020, 10:22:40 PM »
Well I would hope they would use a lite version for more B-tier series like Senogoku Basara and whatnot.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8877 on: August 30, 2020, 08:39:22 AM »
I don't think they are going to release a Switch successor next year or another New 3DS type model that certain games will only run on.  It's too confusing for consumers.  My guess is a model that runs like the system does when docked and with a 1080P screen. 

From what I've read, it's going to be helmed by the MH Generations Ultimate director, who worked on other portable entries in the past. The odd thing about rumors going around is this Switch Monster Hunter being on RE Engine.

Which gives hope of RE7, RE2 Remake, and DMC5 getting switch ports at some point.  :-*

He also said they tried and couldn't get RE7 and the like running well enough to release ports.  TBH this is hard to believe because RE7 scales down pretty well on lower end hardware.  IIRC the demo runs at 30 fps on the GPD Win 1, which is not as powerful as the Switch.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 08:44:07 AM by bork »
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8878 on: August 30, 2020, 09:35:38 AM »
Here's my list of things I want from a Switch revision.

- Controllers that don't break

Himu

« Reply #8879 on: August 31, 2020, 10:58:14 AM »
Tropical Freeze is one of the most overrated games I've played in a while. 60 dollars above average platformer. What the fuck are Nintendo fans smoking?
IYKYK