Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 933887 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #11340 on: June 02, 2022, 03:40:11 PM »
Jesus Christ Mario Sunshine had better ground and water textures than the pokemon
:O

james

« Reply #11341 on: June 02, 2022, 03:44:37 PM »
Where the fuck are the new mario kart tracks

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11342 on: June 02, 2022, 03:52:46 PM »
Jesus Christ Mario Sunshine had better ground and water textures than the pokemon

They're banking on nostalgia. They know all of us old Nintendo fans would love to run around the levels from Pokemon Snap. (N64)

Tasty

« Reply #11343 on: June 02, 2022, 06:35:32 PM »
Where the fuck are the new mario kart battle arenas

Fixed  :maf

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #11344 on: June 02, 2022, 11:13:27 PM »
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11345 on: June 08, 2022, 02:51:04 PM »
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes has a demo up  Progress transfers to the full game.

Nintendo is also taking pre-orders for XenoBlade 3 Special Edition on their site.  Or rather, they would be if the site wasn't completely hammered and broken!  :awesome
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11346 on: June 08, 2022, 02:54:11 PM »

Pretty glowing review- he thinks it's one of the best-looking Switch games, since the game runs at 1080P/60 FPS when docked and 720P/60 FPS handheld, with dips only happening when certain power moves are done (which don't affect gameplay).  Cut scenes go at 30 FPS.  It also has 5.1 surround sound. 
:leon
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #11347 on: June 08, 2022, 03:33:48 PM »
60fps Nintendo games :aah

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11348 on: June 08, 2022, 03:35:11 PM »
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes has a demo up  Progress transfers to the full game.

Nintendo is also taking pre-orders for XenoBlade 3 Special Edition on their site.  Or rather, they would be if the site wasn't completely hammered and broken!  :awesome
The European pre-orders are even more convoluted

https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/1534476929709051905

Pretty glowing review- he thinks it's one of the best-looking Switch games, since the game runs at 1080P/60 FPS when docked and 720P/60 FPS handheld, with dips only happening when certain power moves are done (which don't affect gameplay).  Cut scenes go at 30 FPS.  It also has 5.1 surround sound. 
:leon

It's a fun game but very thin on content at launch.
- Only 10 characters (none to unlock)
- No sidekicks selection
- only 5 stadiums
- only 5 different items
- no way to change the default controls
- no unique special moves for each character
- in-game currency to unlock character equipment is a grind
- netcode is poor

In comparison the Wii version had:
12 characters, 8 sidekicks, 17 stadiums, challenge mode
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 05:47:17 PM by Nintex »
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11349 on: June 08, 2022, 08:22:09 PM »
XB3 Special Edition is like that in the States too, Nintex.  Apparently they were planning to release the game in the fall, but Splatoon 3 needed more time so they switched the release dates and that SE stuff won't be ready for the new launch date. :derp

The Nintendo store is totally messed up and most people can't get the game. The order page and general ordering right now are completely broken.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 08:48:30 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11350 on: June 08, 2022, 10:09:06 PM »
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #11351 on: June 09, 2022, 06:14:37 AM »
:miyamoto :yeshrug
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11352 on: June 09, 2022, 07:23:32 AM »
Easy fix just put a voucher with a code in the box of the physical edition to redeem by x-date. :idont
🤴

james

« Reply #11353 on: June 09, 2022, 11:02:32 AM »
Send everyone a free switch pro as an apology you cowards

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Can't wait for Snickle Snackle.
« Reply #11354 on: June 09, 2022, 05:47:56 PM »

Lol MEGA 64 called it, except for the part where they had a Direct  :lol
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #11355 on: June 20, 2022, 10:03:44 AM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11356 on: June 20, 2022, 01:47:46 PM »
So, they're just going to do individual directs for all the big games then?
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11357 on: June 20, 2022, 02:12:40 PM »
So, they're just going to do individual directs for all the big games then?

;)

Unless they dump everything on Twitter there's sure to be another Direct between now and September (because it is time for another seasonal Direct anyway).
Just don't expect anything like an E3 Direct with big announcements. More like: "This is what's coming to Switch over the next 3 months, some third party games now have release dates and these are the new Mario Kart tracks" vanilla Direct.
🤴

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #11358 on: June 21, 2022, 11:30:38 PM »
I'm guessing Metroid Prime 4, or Metroid Prime 1 remaster/remake are coming this Fall. There was a lot of talk about Prime 1 being remastered last year, think Nintendo has been sitting on it and will release it very soon.

Include a Breath of the Wild 2/Prime 4 demo with it to boost sales.
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11359 on: June 22, 2022, 03:53:47 AM »
Splatoon 3 is the next big thing after Xenoblade.
I don't expect Metroid Prime 4 anytime soon and I doubt a remaster of Prime 1 has been made.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #11360 on: June 22, 2022, 01:04:25 PM »
MP4 is for sure getting the cross-gen Twilight Princess/Breath of the Wild treatment in 2024, calling it now. They'll play identically but Nintendo will push side-by-side comparisons showing the Switch 2's improved power (however large or small that may be). BotW2 as the big 2023 game.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #11361 on: June 22, 2022, 03:48:49 PM »
I'm expecting the switch 2 in 2023 tbh. it will have been 7 years, and its not like Nintendo would be against only being able to ship 75k units of the switch 2 worldwide, and the rest of you suckers can play Zelda at 600p 17fps :miyamoto
(ice)

Tasty

« Reply #11362 on: June 22, 2022, 06:15:10 PM »
From Nintendo's standpoint, sticking with the original Switch models for one more Christmas (2023) is basically pure profit especially if they still haven't dropped any MSRPs. Profit they could definitely use heading into a new system launch.

Nintendo's sitting pretty right now, worlds away from how desperate and panicky they were at the end of the GBA's, GameCube's, or Wii U's lives. Those systems died early because Nintendo couldn't wait to start fresh, and I don't think that's the case today.

In a Nintendo system's twilight years, most support dries up but they still try to have one big holiday release every year. I think they'll stretch things out like they've always said they've wanted to do. (I think Iwata at some point said the Wii could be a 10-year system, or am I thinking Kutaragi and the PS3... :thinking) But they've definitely made statements along the lines of "we don't follow the normal console gen timings anymore."

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11363 on: June 22, 2022, 06:36:20 PM »
2023 is a good guess but I'm sceptical.

We know that BOTW2 won't release this year. And we know that a bunch of games are still in production but don't have release dates.
Those include a new Donkey Kong game, a top-down Zelda game (possibly a Seasons/Ages remake), a new Fire Emblem game(possibly leaked), a Fire Emblem remake, Bayonneta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Detective Pikachu 2 and a few other titles.
Some might get canned like the Switch 1-2 sequel other titles may have evolved and finally there's a bunch of games that have been rebooted a couple of times like Metroid Prime 4.

Overall I think Nintendo will wait and see and aims for a spring 2024 release for the Switch 2 at the earliest.
From what they have said about a possible Switch follow up it seems like they're still working on the concept and specs.
They probably want to come in at $299 (maybe $399) with a machine capable of running Unreal Engine 5 and a Mario game at launch.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11364 on: June 22, 2022, 07:17:22 PM »
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 looks incredible  :o
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #11365 on: June 22, 2022, 07:33:15 PM »
From what they have said about a possible Switch follow up it seems like they're still working on the concept and specs.

This is true but I think they're being cagey as Nintendo is wont to do. They've always gone into prepro on a new system shortly after the current one launches, so they have 5 years of R&D under their belt (during the splurgiest R&D period in Nintendo's history). I think the system is far enough along in terms of design (possibly explaining some of the leaks) but Nintendo is probably apoplectic over the current state of getting chips, so they're not going to charge in guns blazing when they know they're low on bullets.

Conspiracy theories say Nintendo intentionally limited the initial stock for Wii but I don't think that was ever true. I think they were legitimately caught off-guard by the insane popularity coming off the GameCube, and I think that memory still lingers in the current executives' minds.

Right now they're probably selecting which specific CPU/GPU to use, and I'd expect that to be all that's left to do at this point aside from stuff that comes later like services and software. And seeing how they publicly dumped Nvidia mid-development for the 3DS's GPU, it seems like Nintendo knows how to swap similar chips while still achieving their desired end-product.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 08:44:15 PM by Tasty »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11366 on: June 22, 2022, 08:20:46 PM »

This is true but I think they're being cagey as Nintendo is wont to do. They've always gone into prepro on a new system shortly after the current one launches, so they have 6.5 years of R&D under their belt (during the splurgiest R&D period in Nintendo's history). I think the system is far enough along in terms of design (possibly explaining some of the leaks) but Nintendo is probably apoplectic over the current state of getting chips, so they're not going to charge in guns blazing when they know they're low on bullets.

Conspiracy theories say Nintendo intentionally limited the initial stock for Wii but I don't think that was ever true. I think they were legitimately caught off-guard by the insane popularity coming off the GameCube, and I think that memory still lingers in the current executives' minds.

Right now they're probably selecting which specific CPU/GPU to use, and I'd expect that to be all that's left to do at this point aside from stuff that comes later like services and software. And seeing how they publicly dumped Nvidia mid-development for the 3DS's GPU, it seems like Nintendo knows how to swap similar chips while still achieving their desired end-product.
:hesright

This.  They don't need to hurry up with a new system.  My prediction is that next year we'll get yet-another round of "SWITCH PRO IS COMING!!!!" rumors, but there won't be anything new until 2024 at the earliest. 

I assume they will continue with the portable+dock thing with their next system and that it will be backwards-compatible. 
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11367 on: June 22, 2022, 09:15:00 PM »
Who's asking for a new Switch? Honestly. Software and hardware sales seem very strong. Other than enthusiasts who care about things that the majority don't, I don't see people crying out for a new Switch.

Honestly, these new consoles could have waited till 2023 to launch if you want to know my real opinion.

I look at XB3 and it looks perfectly fine to me. Could it be better? Sure, but like Im going to enjoy it perfectly fine on the old Switch hardware.

To me this isn't the 3DS where it looked ugly in it's own space. Vita, iphone, and so on were pushing out visuals and tech beyond what the 3DS seemed to do. Whereas to me the Switch is putting perfectly fine-looking games and there's nothing on the next gen systems that has truly blown me away and won't until 2023.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11368 on: June 22, 2022, 09:24:11 PM »
Xenoblade 3 looks pretty good to me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11369 on: June 22, 2022, 09:31:03 PM »
Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes out Friday!

I'm impatient and grabbed it digital off the J-eShop so I can play it tomorrow.  :hyper
ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #11370 on: June 22, 2022, 09:57:12 PM »
Nintendo, give Advance wars  :stahp :stahp :stahp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11371 on: June 23, 2022, 08:33:18 AM »
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Can't wait for Snickle Snackle.
« Reply #11372 on: June 24, 2022, 02:51:10 PM »
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #11373 on: June 24, 2022, 03:14:26 PM »
 :snore

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11374 on: June 24, 2022, 05:57:30 PM »

:whoo
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11375 on: June 26, 2022, 06:14:23 AM »
https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1540685980515966977

Can't believe they're still peddling this shit.  :doge
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #11376 on: June 26, 2022, 06:59:40 AM »
Hopefully they won't be fuckshits like MS and Sony were and will hold off on launching any new hardware until all the chip shortage nonsense has ceased. ::)
Hi

james

« Reply #11377 on: June 27, 2022, 01:51:26 AM »
Who's asking for a new Switch? Honestly. Software and hardware sales seem very strong. Other than enthusiasts who care about things that the majority don't, I don't see people crying out for a new Switch.

Honestly, these new consoles could have waited till 2023 to launch if you want to know my real opinion.

I look at XB3 and it looks perfectly fine to me. Could it be better? Sure, but like Im going to enjoy it perfectly fine on the old Switch hardware.

To me this isn't the 3DS where it looked ugly in it's own space. Vita, iphone, and so on were pushing out visuals and tech beyond what the 3DS seemed to do. Whereas to me the Switch is putting perfectly fine-looking games and there's nothing on the next gen systems that has truly blown me away and won't until 2023.

The most popular game on the planet, a minecraft, runs badly on switch.

Give us Switch 2 so we can use Elytra you cowards

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11378 on: June 27, 2022, 12:51:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1541440061626953729

Does this launch before or after the Switch Pro Direct.
The list of 'pretty much' done Nintendo games is getting pretty long at this point and we haven't seen any of them except a leaked early version of Fire Emblem with a poor Chinese translation. :idont
🤴

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #11379 on: June 27, 2022, 02:14:46 PM »
I feel like you haven't had consistent Nintendo Intel for a while now  :doge

Unless Prime 4 absolutely doesn't exist (it does), Prime 1 remaster coming out a year after the moderately successful Metroid Dread makes sense for drumming up Metroid hype.

Also, Nintendo has been killing it regarding software. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is looking like a potential GOAT JRPG.  8)
OH!

Tasty

« Reply #11380 on: June 27, 2022, 04:29:10 PM »
Prime Remake Holiday 2022
Prime 2: Echoes Remake Spring 2023
Prime 3: Corruption Remake Fall 2023
Prime 4 Spring 2024

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11381 on: June 27, 2022, 06:01:06 PM »
What I'm seeing now is that Nintendo's "holiday" looks like this:
- Xenoblade 3 (extended promotions/CE reprint)
- Splatoon 3
- Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
- Pokemon Violet/Scarlett
- Advance Wars 1+2 (?)
+ Mario Kart DLC
+ Mario Strikers DLC
+ Maybe Bayonetta 3 (it has to release some day before Platinum folds, right?).

Even though I want it to be real, I've not seen a single hint that a Metroid Prime remaster is on the way this holiday.
I do think there will be some exciting third party surprises people aren't counting on in the new Direct. At some point they have to show that Resident Evil game for Switch.
They might show some games they've been working on 'with' third parties much like Mario + Rabbids. They've worked on an action game based on a Nintendo IP with Bandai Namco too but no one knows what it is.
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #11382 on: June 27, 2022, 06:33:56 PM »
Assuming we do eventually get remasters of the Primes, I hope both control schemes are available.

james

« Reply #11383 on: June 27, 2022, 07:38:01 PM »
Prime remake will be free if you preorder Prime 4. It will be a disc that includes all the previous metroid releases including content designed for the 64 DD

That's how the Nintendo i love roles

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11384 on: June 27, 2022, 08:53:31 PM »
Xenoblade 3, Pokemon, Bayonetta, and probably some surprise third-party stuff sounds pretty great to me.

The most popular game on the planet, a minecraft, runs badly on switch.

And yet those kids don't give a fuck.

Svejk

« Reply #11385 on: June 27, 2022, 09:06:42 PM »
Where's muh Zelduhz and Mertroidz?!?!  That's why I bought this damn thing!! 
 :rage

And now with Steamdeck out and is a sexy ass hog, the thought that it's probably still gonna be more powerful than a Switch 2, makes me want to cunt punt my Switch.

Polident Hive

« Reply #11386 on: June 27, 2022, 09:33:35 PM »
Not caught up on Metroid Prime 4. Last I heard, they scrapped one version, apologized, and started over? If they were too ambitious before and tried to do a BOTW or Halo Infinite shift to full open world. Now it’s back to being the Metroid Prime 1 style.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #11387 on: June 27, 2022, 10:37:00 PM »

And now with Steamdeck out and is a sexy ass hog, the thought that it's probably still gonna be more powerful than a Switch 2, makes me want to cunt punt my Switch.

Dread came out last year and is an all time classic.

Svejk

« Reply #11388 on: June 27, 2022, 11:19:29 PM »

Dread came out last year and is an all time classic.
Dread was pretty decent and was the biggest surprise on the Switch imo, but why isn't Nintendo dishing out Metroids and Zeldas of that calibur (old school style) like they do pokemunz?  There's literally one Metroid, and besides Link's Awakening being a remake, they've only ported 2 other Zeldas.. I thought this thing was a cum dumpster for ports, but it's like they half-ass the Metroid and Zelda love.  I really do hope they bring the WiiU Zeldas, bring the Oracle remakes and also MP trilogy remasters.. Maybe then I can quit my bitching and put my WiiU up in storage finally.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #11389 on: June 28, 2022, 01:21:02 AM »
Pokémon is flaming hot garbage compared to a high-quality Metroid or Zelda.  Also, just because they might be old school style doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot of work that goes into the games.  That said, I won’t defend how Nintendo has been with rereleasing their legacy games ever since they dropped Virtual Console, it’s fucking shit and I hate that they did that.

Beezy

« Reply #11390 on: June 28, 2022, 09:08:11 AM »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #11391 on: June 28, 2022, 09:26:38 AM »
Bruhhhh I was literally playing MMBN on my GBA saying "man I wish they ported these" and they fucking did

Hell yes I really want to play these games
fat

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11392 on: June 28, 2022, 09:30:14 AM »
The persona games that are coming to Xbox are coming to switch too , I suppose the biggest surprise is it took them so long to announce it :doge
(ice)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #11393 on: June 28, 2022, 09:35:33 AM »
Grabbing the Live A Live demo, since it carries progress over
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11394 on: June 28, 2022, 10:32:12 AM »
Nier Automata coming to Switch?  Did not see that one getting ported.
Maybe it will turn out much better than that Steam port.  :doge

Harvestella looked more like a Gust game than a Square Enix game.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 10:56:43 AM by bork »
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11395 on: June 28, 2022, 11:14:28 AM »
will it be a port or one of those shitty looking streaming versions?
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11396 on: June 28, 2022, 12:07:47 PM »
will it be a port or one of those shitty looking streaming versions?

Not a streaming game.  Coming out in October.

Nier: Automata The End of YoRHa Edition will include all previously-released content as well as new costumes exclusive to the Nintendo Switch edition. It will join versions already released on PS4, PC, and Xbox One.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #11397 on: June 28, 2022, 12:12:57 PM »
Wonder what the frame rate will be for Neir:A.  :doge

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11398 on: June 28, 2022, 12:29:27 PM »
They could easily put something decent out if they gave it to a good port studio and don't cheap out on it (thats why I assumed streaming).

The Witcher 3 and Doom ports are supposed to be shockingly good on Switch.
(ice)

Tasty

« Reply #11399 on: June 28, 2022, 01:00:53 PM »
Bruhhhh I was literally playing MMBN on my GBA saying "man I wish they ported these" and they fucking did

Hell yes I really want to play these games

Capcom rules 8)