Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5444608 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
He just hates the establishment left so much that he advocates non-participation and openly wishes for an even worse party/president to take/keep power to teach them a lesson about how they should magically learn the lessons he wants them to and abandon appealing to regular voters to chase these moody idealists like himself in every part of the country for reasons, because that has always worked.
you mean like benji
每天生气

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
Surely, this will be the end of Don Jr.

Why do keep pretending you are not a Trumpkin?

What are you talking about, I agree with you guys. Any time now, any time now!

Nobody said that, thought.

But he should be worried, reeeeeaaaally worried. Shitting his pants worried. Fleeing and country and changing him name to Gustavo worried. Putting a bullet in his head worried. Taking control of the nuclear weapons and bombing himself worried. Aaaaaaaany time now.

Chief prosecutor in Spain says Don jr should be worried.

Is the Chief prosecutor a user from The Bore?

Oh I'm sorry, it was just a random link then, not trying to establish a narrative or something. Oh OK let me start posting links too:

Pedo Programming Exposed: ‘Show Dogs’ Pulled From Theaters Over Claims It Groomed Children for Sexual Abuse

Not saying that THE PEDOPHILES ARE PROGRAMMING OUR KIDS LIKE INFOWARS IS SAYING but it's an interesting article.

agrajag

Benji is just a shitposting libertopian who thinks everything is a joke.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
<3
[close]

Nola

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/fbi-obtains-alexander-torshin-wiretaps-from-spanish-police-2018-5

Looks like Spain has wiretaps on every conversation Torshin had during the election, including convos with Don he, NRA, and other RNC and campaign officials... provided to the fbi months ago (probably mueller)

Yeah it’s still a question whether they have enough ammo to flip Cohen in order to build a case against Trump(or additional evidence that would implicate him) that could be handed off to congress for impeachment, but between Don Jr lying to Congress, the Trump tower meeting, these revelations, and the fact he hasn’t interviewed with Mueller(which tends to be the case when you are a major suspect/target) all suggest he is in trouble.

....And when your wife gets a well known criminal defense lawyer for divorce proceedings, it’s also a bit of a suggestive signal.

On another side note, this ZTE shit is wild. Certainly looks like open bribery.

Nola

He just hates the establishment left so much that he advocates non-participation and openly wishes for an even worse party/president to take/keep power to teach them a lesson about how they should magically learn the lessons he wants them to and abandon appealing to regular voters to chase these moody idealists like himself in every part of the country for reasons, because that has always worked.
you mean like benji

Benji actually has a cohesive logic to his non-participation. I think it’s batshit ridiculous, then again I think most libertarian absolutism is, but on his terms it makes a kind of sense. In a Benji way. Optimus though.....

shosta

It's wild, but what else did you expect from a Chinese duchy?
每天生气

Boredfrom

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/fbi-obtains-alexander-torshin-wiretaps-from-spanish-police-2018-5

Looks like Spain has wiretaps on every conversation Torshin had during the election, including convos with Don he, NRA, and other RNC and campaign officials... provided to the fbi months ago (probably mueller)

Yeah it’s still a question whether they have enough ammo to flip Cohen in order to build a case against Trump(or additional evidence that would implicate him) that could be handed off to congress for impeachment, but between Don Jr lying to Congress, the Trump tower meeting, these revelations, and the fact he hasn’t interviewed with Mueller(which tends to be the case when you are a major suspect/target) all suggest he is in trouble.

....And when your wife gets a well known criminal defense lawyer for divorce proceedings, it’s also a bit of a suggestive signal.

On another side note, this ZTE shit is wild. Certainly looks like open bribery.

It blows my mind how incompetent is Trump in even taking a fucking bribery.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Depending on your standards the establishment left in the U.S. is either the FBI or the Marcyite parties, neither of which describes benji "Cuba is social democratic" pwns' line of Communism. (Ah, the fiery observations of the recently converted...)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's a position among the Marcyite rank and file that TOR is an FBI honeypot and it was super funny when a PSL member got appointed as executive director of TOR.
[close]

Nola

It's wild, but what else did you expect from a Chinese duchy?

It’s wild in how blatant it is getting. Between this and Qatar bailing out 666 for Kushner.

Which is probably one reason why Trump seems so much more cozy with non-democratic countries that aren’t beholden to things like bribery and corruption laws. By this strategy, Europe could probably get those threats of tariffs rolled back tomorrow if they just abandoned their rules of law and forced a lender to give the Trump Org a major loan and funneled money through a state company to award some 5 million dollar licensing deals, and some profitable trademarks for Ivanka’s businesses.

agrajag

Well, the American voters wanted him to run the country like his business, he's just delivering on his promise

:trumps

kingv

I don’t even understand what Optimus or Benji or Shorts or anyone else is arguing about with the “all Trumps are innocent” stuff anymore

Don Jr very obviously committed crimes, at the very least he perjured himself in front of a Congress.

He’s out here nakedly taking bribes from foreign countries, and lying about it.

Like what is the argument now against there being crimes?

shosta

Benji's argument and mine has always been wait and see. I haven't seen the Don Jr. stuff yet but if you say it's clear that he was taking bribes then I believe you. Not innocent.
每天生气

Nola

It blows my mind how incompetent is Trump in even taking a fucking bribery.

I mean in less than a couple days it’s dropped like an anvil in the ocean to the bottom of the news cycle, Fox News and his echo chamber won’t ever touch it, so a good chunk of the country won’t even know of the fuckery that precededed the about-face, then you have the righteous lefties that just love to reach for false equivalencies and ignore it, and most of the rest of the country just goes about their lives(a majority of the population doesn’t even know people have pled guilty or been indicted by the Mueller investigstion), so in that environment you don’t need much competency to get away with rampant cronyism imo.

In this week alone there are about 4-5 major stories that highly suggest new occurances of administration corruption, pay for play, and potential major abuse of power that suggests selling American foreign policy for self enrichment.

kingv

Benji's argument and mine has always been wait and see. I haven't seen the Don Jr. stuff yet but if you say it's clear that he was taking bribes then I believe you. Not innocent.

I’m referring to the Saudi/Israeli/UAE campaign contribution, specifically. Bribe might not be the most accurate word to describe that, but it’s fairly well documented at this point that Don Jr was traveling the world looking for foreign help and money in his dads campaign.

shosta

I don't understand, isn't it already illegal for foreign officials to donate money to US presidential campaigns?
每天生气

kingv

Yes.

kingv

I believe it is actually foreign entities at all.

So foreign businesses or foreign citizens without government ties.

Nola

And something I also see almost no real spotlight on was Cohen's $400,000 he received from the Ukranian president, supposedly being paid for access to meet with Trump. Ok, fine, maybe Cohen was just a slimy unregistered lobbyist cashing in on his closeness to a president that people, governments, and companies were in shock about and desperately wanted access to. Who in this incident probably also violated FARA laws.

...Except that a day after that transaction the Ukranian government dropped their official ongoing anti-corruption investigation into Manafort cold turkey. Another hell of a coincidence that betrays the idea that Cohen was just a rogue crony.

jorma

I don't understand, isn't it already illegal for foreign officials to donate money to US presidential campaigns?

Surely it must be the other way around, where it's illegal to accept the money?

shosta

That's what I meant.
每天生气

Nola

Surely it must be the other way around, where it's illegal to accept the money?

I think it's acceptance or solicitation that is the legal threshold.

https://www.fec.gov/updates/foreign-nationals/

kingv

And something I also see almost no real spotlight on was Cohen's $400,000 he received from the Ukranian president, supposedly being paid for access to meet with Trump. Ok, fine, maybe Cohen was just a slimy unregistered lobbyist cashing in on his closeness to a president that people, governments, and companies were in shock about and desperately wanted access to. Who in this incident probably also violated FARA laws.

...Except that a day after that transaction the Ukranian government dropped their official ongoing anti-corruption investigation into Manafort cold turkey. Another hell of a coincidence that betrays the idea that Cohen was just a rogue crony.

None of the reporting has really completed the loop on Cohen, but it stinks pretty bad. Best case is that he President just surrounds himself with crooks but has managed not to personally have broken the law. But that seems highly improbably st this point.

That whole Qatar blockade is fishy as hell too.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

None of the reporting has really completed the loop on Cohen, but it stinks pretty bad. Best case is that he President just surrounds himself with crooks but has managed not to personally have broken the law. But that seems highly improbably st this point.

That whole Qatar blockade is fishy as hell too.
It was argued by those that have researched how Trump conducts his business that he's unaware of most details because he doesn't bother with them.
In the Trump Org days, fixers like Cohen, Kushner and Slater would search for 'deals' and Trump would sign them if there was any sort of financial benefit. It's how stuff like Trump University happened.
Some of these deals were made with shady figures or were ludicrous from the outset. In fact, Trump got himself involved in the Qaddafi PR prop-up organized by Blair and Bush when he rented him a peace of land for his tent in New York.

Trump has over the years signed a lot of contracts but his allies fear that he's not entirely aware of who he signed these contracts with so he does not know how legal or illegal any of these deals are.
If he has conducted his business the same way as President there's no telling how many laws he has already broken.
🤴

Boredfrom

Trump is dumb, but he is not that dumb. He knows about how crooked his team is.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Trump is dumb, but he is not that dumb. He knows about how crooked his team is.

:drudge

wow stupid white male trump supporting nazi.

Boredfrom

Assimilate is actually that dumb, thought.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
your spelling is dumb  ::)

Boredfrom

your spelling is dumb  ::)

Ah, is actually though.

:)

Thanks for pointing it out.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
stupid ass bitch 

Boredfrom

stupid ass bitch

I like learning from my mistakes.  :D

English is not my first language, after all.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

:gun annihilation

Boredfrom

:gun annihilation

Happiest day in your life, eh...

team filler

• filler
  • filler
stupid ass bitch

learn some respek  8)

maybe they don't have that in your pathetic lil country  :lol

Boredfrom

stupid ass bitch

learn some respek  8)

Well, I still think you are leech.

maybe they don't have that in your pathetic lil country  :lol

???

agrajag

I'll tell you what they don't respect, our borders!

Boredfrom, you will pay for our wall!  :american

Boredfrom

Nah.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

Where's boredfrom from?

Boredfrom

Where's boredfrom from?

lol You really cant read, dont you?

agrajag

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

Where's boredfrom from?

Was the border wall joke implying you were from Mexico? How am i supposed to know?

So you're a dirty Mexicano

Boredfrom

Where's boredfrom from?

Was the border wall joke implying you were from Mexico? How am i supposed to know?

So you're a dirty Mexicano

:lol

shosta

Wait, I'm also an idiot so someone please explain to me Boredfrom's username. It took me like six months to get 213372bu's
每天生气

Boredfrom

Wait, I'm also an idiot so someone please explain to me Boredfrom's username. It took me like six months to get 213372bu's

Is just a reference to The Bore.

shosta

I still don't get it :stahp
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

me neither.  :trumps

Boredfrom

Not much to get, actually  :ego

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Someone tear Boredfrom from his moms tit and deport his dirty ass  :doge

Boredfrom

Someone tear Boredfrom from his moms tit and deport his dirty ass :doge

Jesus dude, I dont live in the US.

agrajag

I guess it makes sense that an ass would assume

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I guess it makes sense that an ass would assume

:ohhh
dog

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Someone tear Boredfrom from his moms tit and deport his dirty ass :doge

Jesus dude, I dont live in the US.

Good, good.  Gotta keep America safe  :american

Boredfrom

I feel that you guys, Assimilate and filler, are hurt about this...

team filler

• filler
  • filler
I feel that you guys, Assimilate and filler, are hurt about this...
please stop derailing the thread, thank you  8)

Nola

https://twitter.com/ReneDenfeld/status/1000223097411198976
I have no problem pointing out that our immigration fuckery precedes Trump, which should be pretty common knowledge. Though it should also be pointed out that despite being flawed there was not an equivalency between Bush and Obama.

But nah, you can definitely blame Trump at this point, since it is Trump that is not only not stopping this practice but is accelerating it and trying to use it as a weapon to force funding for his stupid fucking wall.

kingv

I say shame on Obama’s for letting it happen. Shame on Congressional republicans for investigating Benghazi and Hillary’s emails instead of something meaningful like this.

But definitely also, now that it’s known how mismanaged the unaccompanied migrants were, shame on the Trump administration for deciding to add more kids into this obviously flawed system.

Nola

I mean Republicans are why these programs persisted. Why things remain so fucked. Why immigration reform hasn't happened. To single out Obama and almost absolve Republicans as if they were merely bystanders is a bit of a misrepresentation of history. If it were up to most blue states, Democrats, and eventually the Obama administration onward, we would of had immigration reform in 2006, 2010, and 2013. None happened because Republicans refused to allow a vote in the House in 06 and 13, and killed the other in 10. And yes I am sure someone will say why didn't they do it in 08-10, and to an extent that is valid, but it is also a bit unrealistic given the world the Democrats inherited. By the time Kennedy died any chance of an immigration bill was dead in the senate and Pelosi I think fairly made the calculus that taking it up in the house was fruitless if they couldn't get it through the senate. Which they couldn't. Which was her rationale at the time.

The problem with that series of tweets, after reading about it more, is that it is conflating two separate polices/issues. One that did occur under the Obama administration that when parents caught by ICE for being here illegally, often in red border states, that had US born children, they were separated and put in the care of relatives or in some cases foster homes when that was not possible, while the parents deported. Which is a separate policy/issue from what the Trump administration is engaging in which is seperating families at the border and straight up losing track of children. I'm not a fan of either policy but it is a bit misleading to infer that it is just a straight continuation.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 05:07:04 AM by Nola »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1000543057677176832

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1000544867905290240

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1000547011836329985

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1000548741219106816

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1000589334670540800

*ring ring*

"Mr Chairman? This is going way too easy, I'm gonna pull out, pull out of the meeting and write you a ridiculous letter"

"But why Donald, we give up nuke testing site, we give up hostages and everything"

"Well, you see I've read the script so far and honestly this feels like an anti-climax. Peace should happen at like the last moment, a countdown of a nuke split screen with us talking otherwise the audience won't buy it. It's no good if the sub plot drops like this, no good believe me."

"I don't understand Donald, is this like scripted propaganda effort to rally the masses and prevent civil war?"

"Yes, something like that"

"Ok, I will then insult Vice President because of interview or have my staff insult him"

"Yeah fuck that guy, he's the most boring character. Wait you watch Fox News?"

"It's my favorite station Donald, to watch all you crazy Americans and learn propaganda tricks. Never in my life have I seen such effective state propaganda. We now have show called Djong and Friends, in which we discuss our latest achievements. Also I have show called Shingchan Shannity in which an angry shouting man says that torture is very good for skin and labor camps are Faku news"

"Very good Kim. Now you do what you do on your end and we will talk peace on the 12th in the end anyway. It'll all work out much better believe me. Also there's one more benefit"

"Which is Donald?"

"We trigger the libs!"

:trumps

🤴

jorma

I'm getting way too jaded, because my main interest in these peace talks right now is to see if "Nintex" or "Nola & Co" gets to hand out the L's in the end.  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/annafifield/status/1000735016433971200

Shieeeeeet

This is like the NYT Election meter. That had me at 99/1 against at first and is now at 31/66 as the audience starts hyperventilating
🤴