Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5390337 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Bring Obama Back Already #boba
« Reply #9720 on: October 23, 2017, 05:39:04 AM »
that was when we weren't winning

now we are, almost too much to handle, like he promised

agrajag

« Reply #9721 on: October 23, 2017, 08:23:56 AM »
that was when we weren't winning

now we are, almost too much to handle, like he promised

I'm tired of it

benjipwns

« Reply #9722 on: October 23, 2017, 08:45:51 AM »
He warned us about that too, along with his years of warning us about what he'd do in his tweets that people keep bringing up as if they're some kind of gotcha.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9723 on: October 23, 2017, 10:12:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/922264771260571649
Then there were those whose Admiral dad let them fly planes into power lines or ships. :doge
(Image removed from quote.)

If it wasn't for McCain treachery, we'd probably still be bombing Vietnam today. rip america :(
©@©™

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #9724 on: October 23, 2017, 11:02:33 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
like seizing the means of production and aboloshing the state. :doge
[close]

My man
bent

studyguy

« Reply #9725 on: October 23, 2017, 11:05:14 AM »
Goldstar Widow backed Wilson's statement this morning and Trump tweets out against her 30min afterward.
You know this is 4D Tic Tac Toe because it went so well for him last time he directly took on a Gold Star family.
 :thinking

pause

Trurl

« Reply #9726 on: October 23, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »
What's wrong with American Exceptionslism?  :(
At best it causes a stupid lack of self-awareness that can blind people to some awful things.  Intellectuals of the British empire believed that they were a morally exceptional power and it allowed them to overlook some really heinous stuff.

At worst it can be a scary form of jingoism that does evil in its own right.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9727 on: October 23, 2017, 11:22:38 AM »
Trump Jr. is the Buster of the family.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/opinion/ivana-ivanka-trump-book.html

His story begins with Dad resisting the idea of naming the baby after him, in case his first born turned out to be “a loser.”

As a toddler, Don Jr. broke his leg due to a negligent babysitter. Then one day when Ivana was out of town, he and Eric called hysterically to report they had found their nanny unconscious in the basement. (She died.)

Wait, there’s more: During their infamous divorce, Dad sent a bodyguard from his office to get Junior, announcing: “You’re not getting him back. I’m going to bring him up myself.”

Ivana says she responded: “O.K., keep him. I have two other kids to raise.” Silence and 10 minutes later the bodyguard returned her son.

It was, Trump’s ex-wife concluded, “a tactic to upset me.” However for some reason, at around this time Don Jr. stopped speaking to his father and wound up getting shipped to boarding school

:dead
©@©™

studyguy

« Reply #9728 on: October 23, 2017, 11:33:02 AM »

His story begins with Dad resisting the idea of naming the baby after him, in case his first born turned out to be “a loser.”

As a toddler, Don Jr. broke his leg due to a negligent babysitter. Then one day when Ivana was out of town, he and Eric called hysterically to report they had found their nanny unconscious in the basement. (She died.)

Wait, there’s more: During their infamous divorce, Dad sent a bodyguard from his office to get Junior, announcing: “You’re not getting him back. I’m going to bring him up myself.”

Ivana says she responded: “O.K., keep him. I have two other kids to raise.” Silence and 10 minutes later the bodyguard returned her son.

It was, Trump’s ex-wife concluded, “a tactic to upset me.” However for some reason, at around this time Don Jr. stopped speaking to his father and wound up getting shipped to boarding school

tfw your wife calls  your bluff now you gotta raise a dummy all your lonesome. 
:fbm  :derp

Also that twitter they found early this year who they thought was Comey... Turns out it actually was his secret twitter.

https://twitter.com/formerbu/status/922486295611371526

:ohhh
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:37:29 AM by studyguy »
pause

FoneBone

« Reply #9729 on: October 23, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »

Dead nanny in the basement *doesn't* stand out to you?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9730 on: October 23, 2017, 02:23:28 PM »

Dead nanny in the basement *doesn't* stand out to you?

She knew what she was signing up for.
©@©™

studyguy

« Reply #9731 on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/TPM/status/922523319617941506

Pruitt literally has his own new charter plane, new soundproof secure meeting room and now 30 guards.
Who is trying to kill this man?
 :hans1
pause

benjipwns

« Reply #9732 on: October 23, 2017, 02:44:35 PM »
The EPA's inspector general's office, which investigates threats, says Pruitt has received more death threats than any of his predecessors. The office has launched more than 70 investigations into threats against Pruitt and others, the agency said.

"We have at least four times -- four to five times the number of threats against Mr. Pruitt than we had against Ms. McCarthy," said assistant inspector general Patrick Sullivan, referring to Gina McCarthy, who held the post under President Barack Obama.
I don't think Peter Daou retweeting the same article over and over should be counted each time.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9733 on: October 23, 2017, 02:53:15 PM »

Pruitt literally has his own new charter plane, new soundproof secure meeting room and now 30 guards.
The environment. That's why he's trying to kill it first.
每天生气

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #9734 on: October 23, 2017, 03:15:53 PM »
(BEFORE INTERNET)
rub

benjipwns

« Reply #9735 on: October 23, 2017, 03:23:25 PM »
Fascism isn't just a challenge to my political thinking; it's an existential threat against me and my loved ones.
Could you please define the core tenants of fascism please. With NeoGAF.com no longer waging its lonely fight I was able to resurrect Giovanni and we can compare notes.

I believe "fascism" is a popular nationalist movement funded by the ruling capitalist class, enforced by the military and policy (between whom there is little distinction at this point), and led by a fiery and charismatic populist.
See there's a lot of terms here that need to be defined, like populist with both your descriptive being quite subjective. And since all law is ultimately enforced by the police and military that's doesn't do much to distinct fascism from any other ideology. So we have a popular nationalist movement which has to be true since he won, but doesn't make things any more distinct because when have American Presidential campaigns not be nationalist in ideology? So again you need to be a bit more specific in your definition.

So we're left with that movement being funded by the ruling capitalist class. Something I'm sure the ruling capitalist class of Italy and Germany enjoyed when they were subsumed into the state by a nationalism opposed to them holding power over the nation.

Thankfully, we have a tiny bit of freedom of speech/press/assembly allowed in our elections and it's mostly disclosed so we can take a look at who is funding who.

Hillary Clinton and related groups raised $795 million, of which only $106 million were individuals donating $200 or less to her campaign. Donald Trump and related groups raised $342 million, of which only $87 million were individuals donating $200 or less to his campaign. In third place, Bernie Sanders raised $229 million of which $135 million were individuals donating $200 or less. Marco Rubio was fourth at $163 million, with a mere $14 million of that from the small donors. Jeb was fifth at $155 million with an incredible $2 million from small donors.

I'll put it in percentages so that Jeb! can win.
Jeb: 98.7%
Rubio: 91.4%
Hillary: 86.7%
Trump: 74.6%
Bernie: 41.0%

But obviously these people were running against one another, right? So we have Clinton at $689 million in big or unknown donors vs. a combined $349 million in big or unknown donors for Donald Sanders. And we have Trump at $255 million in big or unknown donors vs. a combined $302 million for just Marco Bush.

Outside groups fall like this:
Clinton: $231 million
Jeb!: $122 million
Rubio: $111 million
Trump: $75 million
Bernie: $934,993

It all almost makes you wonder how much of an existential threat this fascist movement that NeoGAF.com alone was holding back with internet posts is when it's so vaguely defined that the ruling capitalist class can't even figure out which FIERY and CHARISMATIC populist's popular nationalist movement they're supposed to be funding.

studyguy

« Reply #9736 on: October 23, 2017, 03:32:19 PM »
Personally I only follow fiery populists that sell me $45 Halloween themed hats about their campaign.

https://twitter.com/LaraLeaTrump/status/922465255149768711
 :money
pause

studyguy

« Reply #9737 on: October 23, 2017, 03:39:19 PM »
Lets be real you clicked this page because they sent you here from the main thread but you don't actually want to be here, go back to the main page where you belong, heathen.

You know who you are.
 :ufup
pause

Bamelin

« Reply #9738 on: October 23, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »
Personally I only follow fiery populists that sell me $45 Halloween themed hats about their campaign.
(Image removed from quote.)

https://twitter.com/LaraLeaTrump/status/922465255149768711
 :money

What a great hat  :D

studyguy

« Reply #9739 on: October 23, 2017, 04:25:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/mediaite/status/922537800574136321

"Oh shit we forgot to dunk on her brother too while we're at it"  :doge
pause

« Reply #9740 on: October 23, 2017, 04:35:16 PM »
it was nice of you guys not to include me in the list of garbage political posters for the newbies in the gaf thread :heart

even though i fill the thread with far more garbage content than anyone else combined and i'd join JayDubya in the same lonely corner edge of most any Nolan/two-axis political chart of site users

Yes but I like you.

« Reply #9741 on: October 23, 2017, 04:38:08 PM »
What's wrong with American Exceptionslism?  :(

You're a pathetic example of anything exceptional.

« Reply #9742 on: October 23, 2017, 04:43:46 PM »

This man is the greatest enemy to me of this admin. Trump is a dumbass and everyone else is either stupid, racist or Rick Perry.

Pruitt? He's actually capable and evil.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #9743 on: October 23, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »
I saw someone on twitter say that trump would appoint a cavity to head the Dept. of Teeth.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9744 on: October 23, 2017, 05:32:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/RLHeinrichs/status/922574182029938688

Can't lose forces if you don't know you deployed them  :usacry
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #9745 on: October 23, 2017, 05:36:33 PM »
Look, they didn't want to slip up when talking about it, that country really needs to change its problematic name.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #9746 on: October 23, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »

This sounds familiar, I can't figure out where I've heard this before  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9747 on: October 23, 2017, 06:00:27 PM »
Look, they didn't want to slip up when talking about it, that country really needs to change its problematic name.
I'm getting this vision of Kelly walking down the halls of the White House with a shotgun screaming: "Is nothing sacred anymore!?"

While Mike Pence and Kellyanne are trying to get Trump to pronounce Niger.

That's also why Pruitt needs 30 agents.
🤴

studyguy

« Reply #9748 on: October 23, 2017, 06:08:52 PM »
No I think the hot take earlier is right that Mother Earth is coming down on Pruitt and it's a game of chicken, either Earth dies or Pruitt is swallowed by the sea one day.

Also,  :lol

Even idiots can be good sports
pause

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #9749 on: October 23, 2017, 06:23:51 PM »
So I'm new here despite lurking.

Introduction:  banned from GAF 3 months ago (12 year account) for announcing I was a deplorable.  More specifically stating that punching nazis was not a good ideology on a board where EVERYONE right of Stalin was considered a Nazi.

I support Trump, believe in American patriotism and look forward to engaging in debates with all of you.

I'm wondering, does the poli thread here lean more Bernie bros or Hillary?  I've read up a bit and gathered you guys debate a little more than GAF the fallout of Bernie getting the shaft.

Although I despise his communist politics, I think Bernie as a populist, had the best chance against Trump and the Democrat elite blew it backing Hillary.

Thankfully we have the best possible outcome, the god-emperor Trump, a man of the people supporting American Patriotism, the ideology that made America what it is today.

How old are you?

This sort of introductory post feels very young.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9750 on: October 23, 2017, 06:45:09 PM »

The US has "instructors" or "consultants" (or whatever we call them now) all over the continent and France is heading a military operation in the whole region including the coordination of the concerned local parties and international partners against AQIM & others. Niger also shares a massive border with Libya. The only surprise there is that the ambush was so successful at killing Western troops.

It's indeed a joke that Congress or the press would claim they weren't aware of this presence. But such is the ridiculous charade of the US (or France) being simultaneously at war everywhere while not being technically at war.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9751 on: October 23, 2017, 06:53:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/922552380046094337

Now convince Trump to replace Rex with Alex Jones Roger!
🤴

studyguy

« Reply #9752 on: October 23, 2017, 06:57:41 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/356787-corker-trump-meeting-with-gop-on-tax-reform-is-just-a-photo-op

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) reportedly said Monday that President Trump joining Republican senators at their weekly policy lunch on Tuesday to talk tax reform is just a “photo op” for the president.
Tell us how you really feel Bob.
Corker uncorked has been a source of laughs for a minute now.

Trump shitting on a man whose vote he needs for reform is beyond hilarious though.
pause

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9753 on: October 23, 2017, 07:00:48 PM »
Wait... is it a real rumor that Condie would take Foreign Affairs ?
She gonna write another apologetic brick of a book to say whitewash Trump shit in 2024 :larry

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have that book "Torture, yes but things were hard see" she wrote about her positions in W. administration :dead
[close]
ὕβρις

Syph

« Reply #9754 on: October 23, 2017, 09:46:11 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/356787-corker-trump-meeting-with-gop-on-tax-reform-is-just-a-photo-op

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) reportedly said Monday that President Trump joining Republican senators at their weekly policy lunch on Tuesday to talk tax reform is just a “photo op” for the president.
Tell us how you really feel Bob.
Corker uncorked has been a source of laughs for a minute now.

Trump shitting on a man whose vote he needs for reform is beyond hilarious though.
I think it's more interesting that he's hanging out with Sen. Barrasso, someone Bannon is keenly looking to unseat.
Trump was apparently pretty flustered that he put his eggs in the wrong basket in Alabama (Luther Strange), so it'll be interesting to see if this is simply a coincidence or if he's going to clash with Bannon on this race as well.
XO

Valhelm

« Reply #9755 on: October 23, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »
It's pretty icky that Trump is using a medal of honor ceremony so transparently to deflect people mad at him over the Gold Star family thing (for the second time). Icky that that vet is willing to let himself be used like that, although I guess that kind of comes with the territory of being in the military.

We need to remember that Trump has literally no sense of shame or any serious concerns beyond his personal well-being

« Reply #9756 on: October 24, 2017, 12:08:43 AM »
It's pretty icky that Trump is using a medal of honor ceremony so transparently to deflect people mad at him over the Gold Star family thing (for the second time). Icky that that vet is willing to let himself be used like that, although I guess that kind of comes with the territory of being in the military.

We need to remember that Trump has literally no sense of shame or any serious concerns beyond his personal well-being

I think he'd legit throw his kids under an actual bus just to get mentioned in the news one last time.

Valhelm

« Reply #9757 on: October 24, 2017, 12:25:37 AM »
that would be funny and i'd support it

Father_Brain

« Reply #9758 on: October 24, 2017, 12:38:49 AM »
I think he'd legit throw his kids under an actual bus just to get mentioned in the news one last time.

he called his daughter a piece of ass, now all he's left with is a piece of her ass

« Reply #9759 on: October 24, 2017, 12:56:25 AM »
that would be funny and i'd support it

injurai

« Reply #9760 on: October 24, 2017, 02:41:38 AM »

Entire circuits never formed in his brain, that much is clear.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

studyguy

« Reply #9762 on: October 24, 2017, 10:57:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/922837097861525505

Trump talking at length on tax reform is going to be a knee slapper.
pause

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #9763 on: October 24, 2017, 11:12:42 AM »
jesus that's a lot of old man dick in one room
püp

studyguy

« Reply #9764 on: October 24, 2017, 11:21:14 AM »
Zinke's friends snapping up the PR restoration contract is wild. Literally some bob the builder shit of a 2 man company being designated as the leads on restoring PR power grid. Fucking nutty to the point where you go, 'Hey man at least Halliburton could get the job done despite being dirty fucks' in comparison. In degrees of shitty it's like on a whole other level of sketchy and hell of an insult to PR.
 :huh

https://twitter.com/byaaroncdavis/status/922651730956791808

Uh huh, sure my dude  :iface
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:26:01 AM by studyguy »
pause

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9765 on: October 24, 2017, 11:26:17 AM »
Zinke's friends snapping up the PR restoration contract is wild. Literally some bob the builder shit of a 2 man company being designated as the leads on restoring PR power grid. Fucking nutty to the point where you go, 'Hey man at least Halliburton could get the job done despite being dirty fucks' in comparison. In degrees of shitty it's like on a whole other level of sketchy and hell of an insult to PR.
 :huh

Zinke going with the amir0x "I barely even know the guy" defense.  ::)
©@©™

Syph

« Reply #9766 on: October 24, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »
jesus that's a lot of old man dick in one room
interesting gut reaction
 :hitler
XO

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9767 on: October 24, 2017, 04:51:43 PM »
How long before Trump's "Flake asked me to campaign for him, I said NO!" tweet?
©@©™

Nola

« Reply #9768 on: October 24, 2017, 04:59:24 PM »
Flake announces retirement as he denounces Trump:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/24/flake-retiring-after-2018-244114

"If I have been critical, it not because I relish criticizing the behavior of the president of the United States.  If I have been critical, it is because I believe that it is my obligation to do so, as a matter of duty and conscience. The notion that one should stay silent as the norms and values that keep America strong are undermined, and as alliances and agreements that ensure the stability of the entire world are routinely threatened by the level of thought that goes into 140 characters — the notion that we should say or do nothing in the face of such mercurial behavior — is ahistoric and profoundly misguided."

:whoo

So now it'll be an open seat race next year. I'm not actually sure if this is good or bad for Democrats trying to pick up this seat.

Isnt Arizona trending blue? And I would assume based on all evidence they are ultimately going to try and run a Roy Moore/Trump style candidate.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #9769 on: October 24, 2017, 04:59:37 PM »
Seems more like Flake announced his 2020 campaign run against Trump. Now is the time when you would start planning such things.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #9770 on: October 24, 2017, 05:10:36 PM »
Isnt Arizona trending blue?
Not really, no.

Nola

« Reply #9771 on: October 24, 2017, 05:22:01 PM »
Isnt Arizona trending blue?
Not really, no.

Hmm, I just remember reading about some trend about the state shifting bluer since 2012.

Democrat's certainly seem to have signaled they have a strong fighters chance there and are going to invest.

But I don't really follow Arizona politics much besides what comes across national sites. So I'm not staking my life on that.

Nola

« Reply #9772 on: October 24, 2017, 05:30:25 PM »
It is trending purple, not blue.

Well yeah, that was what I was implying.

That the state is becoming more competitive for Democrats.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #9773 on: October 24, 2017, 05:31:51 PM »
Dem share of the presidential vote in AZ:

2000: 44.7%
2004: 44.4%
2008: 45.1%
2012: 44.6%
2016: 45.4%

Nola

« Reply #9774 on: October 24, 2017, 05:35:44 PM »
Also just googling it quickly, looks like Mercer and Co. are getting cold feet on the person they had lined up to primary Flake:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/23/16520046/kelli-ward-breitbart-staffers-flake

And I guess this will be who is on the Dem ticket against whoever Bannon rallies around(or Ward beats out).
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2017/09/28/rep-kyrsten-sinema-enters-senate-race-hoping-unseat-jeff-flake/609555001/

Bamelin

« Reply #9775 on: October 24, 2017, 05:37:19 PM »
So I'm new here despite lurking.

Introduction:  banned from GAF 3 months ago (12 year account) for announcing I was a deplorable.  More specifically stating that punching nazis was not a good ideology on a board where EVERYONE right of Stalin was considered a Nazi.

I support Trump, believe in American patriotism and look forward to engaging in debates with all of you.

I'm wondering, does the poli thread here lean more Bernie bros or Hillary?  I've read up a bit and gathered you guys debate a little more than GAF the fallout of Bernie getting the shaft.

Although I despise his communist politics, I think Bernie as a populist, had the best chance against Trump and the Democrat elite blew it backing Hillary.

Thankfully we have the best possible outcome, the god-emperor Trump, a man of the people supporting American Patriotism, the ideology that made America what it is today.

How old are you?

This sort of introductory post feels very young.

Let's just say I was in my 20's when the SNES came out.

Nola

« Reply #9776 on: October 24, 2017, 05:42:55 PM »
Dem share of the presidential vote in AZ:

2000: 44.7%
2004: 44.4%
2008: 45.1%
2012: 44.6%
2016: 45.4%

Republican share for context:

2000: 51
2004: 54.87
2008:53.39
2012: 53.48
2016: 49

Flake in 2012: 49.2
Democratic challenger: 46.2

Seems to be becoming marginally more competitive. Easily winnable? not really, but the trends in most elections since 2016 at state and national level are averaging out in the Democrats favor better than that margin. Doesnt mean much when it seems Dems can't cross the finish line in most of these races, but I don't think it is unreasonable that a Dem wins in 2018 just on first glance. Especially if things are not lining up well for Republican's finding a solid candidate. And seemingly Flake spending the next year helping make the case against Trump and thus his own party til the election.

EDIT: Though again just gut shooting after reading about Sinema, I am more skeptical than before for a few reasons.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 05:52:38 PM by Nola »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #9777 on: October 24, 2017, 05:50:50 PM »
Also went from having a two term Dem governor in the 2000's to the GOP winning by ~12 points in 2010 and 2014. State legislature's been pretty stable in its composition for at least two decades.

benjipwns

« Reply #9778 on: October 24, 2017, 06:09:46 PM »
Kid Rock is ending months of speculation about a possible Senate bid, saying, “F--- no, I’m not running for Senate.”

“Are you f---ing kidding me? Who couldn’t figure that out?” the “All Summer Long” singer said on Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show on Tuesday.
:usacry Democracy dies in darkness. :usacry

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #9779 on: October 24, 2017, 06:18:29 PM »
 :lol It was just a stunt to sell some extra merch to the rubes. Play on, playa.
©ZH