Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5389512 times)

Himu

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Benji Memo
« Reply #14161 on: February 13, 2018, 04:03:57 AM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/12/north-korea-positive-headlines-criticism-404590

The media praising NK beyond the invitation she extended to Moon is :mindblown
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14162 on: February 13, 2018, 04:15:29 AM »
Have you actually read the coverage? WaPo and Reuters had pretty good stories, certainly better than that Politico piece.

Himu

« Reply #14163 on: February 13, 2018, 04:21:28 AM »
I have read the tweets from outlets. I haven’t read wapo yet.
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14164 on: February 13, 2018, 04:31:47 AM »
Best Korea lives!

kingv

« Reply #14165 on: February 13, 2018, 08:06:34 AM »
This is a legitimate ad in 2018:

omg the pull-out flag blanket :neogaf

I’m just mad they never made Obearma with a Kenyan flag.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14166 on: February 13, 2018, 09:40:42 AM »
The White House press really seems to have turned on Kelly in a hurry. Right now he's getting crushed by Axios of all places.

And now we know why.

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/963374249670037504

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14167 on: February 13, 2018, 10:14:01 AM »
The White House press really seems to have turned on Kelly in a hurry. Right now he's getting crushed by Axios of all places.

And now we know why.

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/963374249670037504

And yet Maggie was carrying Kelly's water as of a couple days ago, floating stories from him/his allies when she knew he was knee deep in this shit.
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/962008549835460609

#clout

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #14168 on: February 13, 2018, 10:28:31 AM »
Why can't wealthy men in power beat/cheat on their wives in peace?
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14169 on: February 13, 2018, 12:41:57 PM »
Kelly seemed the most likely to survive against Trump's Dementor powers, but I guess there really is no defense against them.
dog

Nola

« Reply #14170 on: February 13, 2018, 12:47:02 PM »
IDK if it was a different Haberman piece, but that one seemed rather scathing toward Kelly?

Definitely hitting Kelly with likely knowing long before he claims to, but suggesting he may have even suggested Porter stay on even after he would of acknowledged he knew about the full scope of the allegations against him. That seems pretty damning.

On another note, this Christopher Wray testimony has been pretty interesting. Basically further adds fuel that Kelly knew long before he wanted people to say, and Wray has refused to say the Steele document is unverified, claiming he will only answer some questions in a classified setting.

kingv

« Reply #14171 on: February 13, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »
Return of the Mooch.

That was my favorite part of the Trump Presidency. We need Mooch Daddy back.

I’ll pray for his kids!

Himu

« Reply #14172 on: February 13, 2018, 01:05:46 PM »
SNAP cut sounds awful. If you want to save money just cut it by 25% or something.
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #14173 on: February 13, 2018, 03:11:07 PM »

Nola

« Reply #14174 on: February 13, 2018, 03:23:28 PM »
In other news, seems like we have an escalating proxy war brewing in Syria with no good paths out and a widening chance for miscalculation.

US maintains it will remain in the region until a peace settlement can be reached in the situation.

In the meantime you have US backed Kurdish forces being harassed and attacked by NATO allied Turkish forces, aided by Russian and Iranian backed Syrian forces through various anti-Kurdish militias(that also attack US advisors in the region), with Israel doing its thing in the middle of it all.

Seems like a pretty delicate situation, probably a good time to force out a slew of lifetime experts at the State Department and attempt to cut their budget by 25%.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14176 on: February 13, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »
SNAP cut sounds awful. If you want to save money just cut it by 25% or something.

:snoop

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #14178 on: February 13, 2018, 04:04:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/scaramucci/status/963477557202038795

Da mooch going in for the kill!

Why does the buck stop at Kelly for the Porter stuff? Does anyone really think that Trump didn't know about the situation?

Nola

« Reply #14179 on: February 13, 2018, 04:19:15 PM »

Why does the buck stop at Kelly for the Porter stuff? Does anyone really think that Trump didn't know about the situation?

I wouldn't put money on it, but I could see it.   :trumps

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #14180 on: February 13, 2018, 04:22:17 PM »
The problem isn't who knew or for how long. It's why nobody in the administration cared or sees it as an offense at all.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14181 on: February 13, 2018, 05:25:46 PM »
The problem isn't who knew or for how long. It's why nobody in the administration cared or sees it as an offense at all.
All they care about is keeping the boss happy so he doesn't accidentally nuke CNN in a bad mood.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14182 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:46 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #14183 on: February 13, 2018, 07:29:18 PM »
it's what The Founders would have wanted

benjipwns

« Reply #14184 on: February 13, 2018, 07:33:24 PM »
Larry Darrell
This has nothing to do with Trump, don't be so juvenile. The authors are left-wing "academics" (I am being polite) publishing in a Democrat party organ, Politico. Own it.

Michael DiTraglia
Just remember, YOU DEMOCRATS GAVE US SLAVERY AND ARE PROPOSING WE GO BACK TO IT. FFS, get help.
Michael DiTraglia
Wow, I knew Democrats were racists who only cared about illegal immigrants because they could get votes from them, but I never knew they'd stoop so disgustingly low to advocate that we "bring back slavery." Next time a moronic Democrat tells you that the Democrat party of today isn't the same as they were back then, tell them they're reality deniers and slap this vile excuse for an article on the table.

It's official; #PoliticoIsNowStormfront. Now, #TakeItDown.
Michael DiTraglia
The fact that the Democrats even THOUGHT of something so disgusting and that you find it FUNNY proves that I'm right and you're wrong, your alternative facts and revisionist history be damned. You lost. Now, go iron your white robe and pointy hood.
Michael DiTraglia
The excuse of the Democrats who wrote this article is that they're Klansman, but, just like your rationalization for Tribe (who's still SOMEHOW respected and who somehow was able to make that vile act of his immediately disappear), it's NOT a justifiable excuse.
Dave Ralph
Michael DiTraglia Calm down Igor. The Democrats aren't going to touch this.

Michael DiTraglia
Then they silently support it. They need to condemn this IMMEDIATELY.
:lawd

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14185 on: February 13, 2018, 07:41:46 PM »
I love editorial nonsense:
The only way to end this politically charged debate is to think carefully about benefits and costs as well as politics and perceptions.
"The only way to succeed politically is to engage in politics."
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #14186 on: February 13, 2018, 07:42:19 PM »
A few weeks later, Sofia arrives in Wheeling, after taking a one-week training course on American ways. If things don’t work out, the agency that runs the website will find a new match for Sofia, and Mary will find someone new as well.
I'm obviously not a restrictionist but I can see a pretty glaring problem they would have with this that makes it a non-starter among the non-racist non-Democratic Party. Well, I mean one they could point to as the reason without having to say it's because immigrants.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And it's not the one week American ways course, as if you could teach American ways in a single week of training. :usacry
[close]

shosta

« Reply #14187 on: February 13, 2018, 07:56:40 PM »
Mary goes online—to a new kind of international gig economy website, a Fiverr for immigrants—and applies to sponsor a migrant. She enters information about what she needs: someone with rudimentary English skills, no criminal record and an affection for animals. She offers a room in her basement, meals and $5 an hour. (Sponsors under this program would be exempt from paying minimum wage.)
:dead
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #14188 on: February 13, 2018, 08:09:09 PM »
actually, it's arguably better than that because they quickly gloss over that these immigrants will likely pay their sponsors back as part of the deal:
According to our calculations, a typical family of four could boost its income by $10,000 to 20,000 by hosting migrants. The reason is that migrants to the United States usually increase their wages many times, allowing them to pay as much as $6,000 to hosts for sponsorships (and our average family could sponsor up to four visas, one for each member).
Wealthy families could sponsor migrants, too, but there are fewer of them, and they would likely find a $6,000 boost in income not worth the trouble—while the money would be a tremendous gain for sponsors with more limited prospects.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14189 on: February 13, 2018, 08:12:12 PM »
The other labor laws will apply! There will be occasional inspections! It'll be fine!

benjipwns

« Reply #14190 on: February 13, 2018, 08:15:07 PM »
all while "[being] true to Republican free-market and small-government principles by drastically reducing the role of government bureaucrats"

shosta

« Reply #14191 on: February 13, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »
What happens when one of my "sponsored" runs away to a sanctuary city?
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #14192 on: February 13, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »
well i believe supreme court precedent requires the local law enforcement officers to capture and return them

Nola

« Reply #14193 on: February 13, 2018, 08:16:38 PM »
Larry Darrell
This has nothing to do with Trump, don't be so juvenile. The authors are left-wing "academics" (I am being polite) publishing in a Democrat party organ, Politico. Own it.

Michael DiTraglia
Just remember, YOU DEMOCRATS GAVE US SLAVERY AND ARE PROPOSING WE GO BACK TO IT. FFS, get help.
Michael DiTraglia
Wow, I knew Democrats were racists who only cared about illegal immigrants because they could get votes from them, but I never knew they'd stoop so disgustingly low to advocate that we "bring back slavery." Next time a moronic Democrat tells you that the Democrat party of today isn't the same as they were back then, tell them they're reality deniers and slap this vile excuse for an article on the table.

It's official; #PoliticoIsNowStormfront. Now, #TakeItDown.
Michael DiTraglia
The fact that the Democrats even THOUGHT of something so disgusting and that you find it FUNNY proves that I'm right and you're wrong, your alternative facts and revisionist history be damned. You lost. Now, go iron your white robe and pointy hood.
Michael DiTraglia
The excuse of the Democrats who wrote this article is that they're Klansman, but, just like your rationalization for Tribe (who's still SOMEHOW respected and who somehow was able to make that vile act of his immediately disappear), it's NOT a justifiable excuse.
Dave Ralph
Michael DiTraglia Calm down Igor. The Democrats aren't going to touch this.

Michael DiTraglia
Then they silently support it. They need to condemn this IMMEDIATELY.
:lawd

It's interesting that both of those try-hard comment section muckrakers have completely empty facebook profiles 

:hans1 :putin :idont

shosta

« Reply #14194 on: February 13, 2018, 08:17:27 PM »
This sounds good the more I think about it but is there any way we can incorporate new technology into this? Like an auction blockchain?
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #14195 on: February 13, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »
well, it's already using a website, i'm not sure how more advanced in technology you can get than that

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #14196 on: February 13, 2018, 08:26:41 PM »
Gillibrand says she won't take corporate pac money, playing hard for that Bernie crowd. Iirc in the past she was pretty centrist though, which I imagine will be used against her.

benjipwns

« Reply #14197 on: February 13, 2018, 08:33:56 PM »
“I believe the flood of special interest and secret money into campaigns is corrosive and leading to corruption both hard and soft in Congress,” Gillibrand said. “We won't be able to bring down Medicare drug prices, stop companies from outsourcing our jobs or start to rebuild the middle class until we can stem the unlimited influence special interest money applies over politicians.”
Is she admitting to having been corrupted and hindered in her past performance by these donations? :teehee

Nola

« Reply #14198 on: February 13, 2018, 08:38:03 PM »
The other labor laws will apply! There will be occasional inspections! It'll be fine!

And listen, if your sharecropper sustainably sponsored immigrant finds the expenses of American society a little more than they expected, perhaps the owners employers can arrange a moderate interest loan program that the sponsor can pay back in installments over time or in exchange for additional labor hours?

benjipwns

« Reply #14199 on: February 13, 2018, 08:40:05 PM »
you guys are no longer allowed to attack me with your heinous lies and slanders, i may be special and your bigotry against the mentally ill is why so many of you are probably considered vile by The Bore experts:
A Duke University history professor recently suggested that many of the conservative and libertarian subjects of her book “seem to be on the autism spectrum.”

Nancy MacLean, author of the controversial book Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America, made the comments during a February 7 lecture at the New York City Unitarian Church of All Souls, where she was slated to discuss “the roots and agenda of the radical right.”

[RELATED: Imam apologizes for sermon asking Allah to ‘annihilate’ Jews]

She was delivering a presentation on her book’s conspiratorial thesis about the American libertarian movement, which she claims originated with Nobel Prize-winning economist James Buchanan. Almost exactly one hour into the event, an audience member asked her “where his motivations” and ideas came from, and whether those are ideas are “ones of personal greed or…malevolence.”

After praising the interrogator for asking “such a profound question,” MacLean speculated that libertarian views might be the result of autism.

“As an author, I have struggled with this, and I could explain it in different ways. I didn’t put this in the book, but I will say it here,” she answered. “It’s striking to me how many of the architects of this cause seem to be on the autism spectrum—you know, people who don’t feel solidarity or empathy with others, and who have difficult human relationships sometimes.”

“I don’t know, that is speculation,” she reminded the audience, but despite the disclaimer, an audience member later referred to “autistic libertarians” in a question. At another point in the lecture, MacLean also called Trump’s federal judicial appointees “illegitimate.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #14200 on: February 13, 2018, 08:40:54 PM »
“I believe the flood of special interest and secret money into campaigns is corrosive and leading to corruption both hard and soft in Congress,” Gillibrand said. “We won't be able to bring down Medicare drug prices, stop companies from outsourcing our jobs or start to rebuild the middle class until we can stem the unlimited influence special interest money applies over politicians.”
Is she admitting to having been corrupted and hindered in her past performance by these donations? :teehee

The "stop companies from outsourcing our jobs" line is weird to me. I know it's just messaging bullshit, but how exactly are you going to do that? Slashing regulations? Subsidizing corporations? Revising our VERY UNFAIR trade agreements? Putting aside whether it's even possible, it's very ideologically vague.

benjipwns

« Reply #14201 on: February 13, 2018, 08:48:45 PM »
to be fair, she never said she wanted to do those things, just that we couldn't do those things if we wanted to until we do the technically impossible first

because "corporate" PACs hate the middle class unlike labor union and politically-focused (National Right To Life, AmeriPAC, NAMBLA, etc.) PACs who are not "special interest money" which is why she will continue to take their donations for her 50 point popular vote margin Senate campaigns

edit: also, she can do this because PAC donations in general are a drop in the bucket now with SuperPACs existing, the largest "corporate" PAC only gave about $4 million last cycle and was split 40/60 D/R... the Democrats official Congressional SuperPACs by comparison spent a combined $122 million and raised $150 million alone in 2016, Priorities USA by itself spent $133 million and raised nearly $200 million in favor of D/against R's

it's okay though because they would never coordinate with campaigns as that's illegal and they only take money from employees or owners of corporations and not the corporations themselves (which regular PACs have to do anyway...but SuperPACs technically don't)

:success
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:03:10 PM by benjipwns »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14202 on: February 13, 2018, 09:04:46 PM »
A Duke University history professor recently suggested that many of the conservative and libertarian subjects of her book “seem to be on the autism spectrum.”

I have no opinions on this which are not problematic.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14203 on: February 13, 2018, 09:05:53 PM »
you guys are no longer allowed to attack me with your heinous lies and slanders, i may be special and your bigotry against the mentally ill is why so many of you are probably considered vile by The Bore experts:

Nancy MacLean, author of the controversial book Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America, made the comments during a February 7 lecture at the New York City Unitarian Church of All Souls, where she was slated to discuss “the roots and agenda of the radical right.”

She was delivering a presentation on her book’s conspiratorial thesis about the American libertarian movement, which she claims originated with Nobel Prize-winning economist James Buchanan. Almost exactly one hour into the event, an audience member asked her “where his motivations” and ideas came from, and whether those are ideas are “ones of personal greed or…malevolence.”

After praising the interrogator for asking “such a profound question,” MacLean speculated that libertarian views might be the result of autism.

“As an author, I have struggled with this, and I could explain it in different ways. I didn’t put this in the book, but I will say it here,” she answered. “It’s striking to me how many of the architects of this cause seem to be on the autism spectrum—you know, people who don’t feel solidarity or empathy with others, and who have difficult human relationships sometimes.”

“I don’t know, that is speculation,” she reminded the audience, but despite the disclaimer, an audience member later referred to “autistic libertarians” in a question. At another point in the lecture, MacLean also called Trump’s federal judicial appointees “illegitimate.
Jews annihilated

Tasty

« Reply #14204 on: February 13, 2018, 09:16:17 PM »
it's what The La Li Lu Le Lo would have wanted

The La Li Lu Le Lo?

benjipwns

« Reply #14205 on: February 13, 2018, 09:18:22 PM »
https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/7/14/15967788/democracy-shackles-james-buchanan-intellectual-history-maclean
That brings us to Nancy MacLean’s much publicized, heavily praised (in some quarters) recent book on public choice economics, Democracy in Chains, which focuses on the role of Nobel Prize winner James Buchanan. Public choice economics is an approach that asks how special interests can seek “rents,” or income unrelated to economic productivity, by getting self-interested bureaucrats and government agencies to regulate in their favor. It examines the impact of institutional rules on economic outcomes, usually from the standpoint of an assumption that market processes naturally align with the public interest but governmental processes do not.

MacLean’s book, published by Penguin Random House, has been hailed as a kind of skeleton key to the rightward political turn in American political economy by intellectuals including the journalist Jamelle Bouie, who says he came away from the book “completely shook”; the novelist Genevieve Valentine, who says on NPR.org that the book demonstrates a “clear and present danger” to US democracy; and writers at publications such as Slate and Jacobin.

That the book has, quite amazingly, been shortlisted for a National Book Award will only increase its sales and influence.
MacLean, however, doesn’t want to explain how public choice economists think and argue. Instead, she portrays them as participants in a far-reaching conspiracy. She describes how a movement of “fifth columnists” that “congratulated itself on its ability to carry out a revolution beneath the radar of prying eyes” is looking to fundamentally undermine American democracy.

MacLean has argued that the economist and blogger Tyler Cowen has provided “a handbook for how to conduct a fifth column assault on democracy.”
She says that the documents from this obscure archive demonstrate that Buchanan was the secret intellectual architect of the rise of the American right.
she has claimed in interview, is the title of Cowen’s blog Marginal Revolution a signal to the illuminated that Cowen is undertaking a gradual revolution by stealth
MacLean has publicly claimed is the case, one might see this criticism as a counter-campaign by “Koch operatives” aimed at discrediting her
shows how out of the loop i am that i didn't even see something this great and its resulting kerfuffle from last year  :lawd

secret fifth column cabals organized by two speeches with secret dog whistles to an underground movement of counter revolutionaries, no longer just for the left and the Democratic Party's secret slavery and Uranium One based agenda :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #14206 on: February 13, 2018, 09:19:51 PM »

The La Li Lu Le Lo?
don't bring ur anime in here

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14207 on: February 13, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »
It's no conspiracy, they just know pushing public choice theory means they'll always have a cushy job.

Tasty

« Reply #14208 on: February 13, 2018, 09:23:40 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #14210 on: February 13, 2018, 10:13:28 PM »
So it's ok to grab women by the pussy but not punch them.

:idont

benjipwns

« Reply #14211 on: February 13, 2018, 10:32:05 PM »

you're unfamiliar with Omarosa (or Piers), she was going to punch Piers, and I think actually attempted to, not just threaten, wouldn't be her first on-air attempt (plus she killed Michael Clarke Duncan off camera so punching is the least of her threats) and those two immediate identified the other as their nemesis with which to grab Trump's attention and as such, show prominence, only Piers is smarter which is why he won rather than lose three times in the middle of the same reality show with an increasingly favorable judge (four times if you're counting the ongoing The White House Apprentice season, and she could be back for a fifth! the rules are totally crazy this time!)

why Piers continues to defend Trump is beyond me, maybe he's hoping for some executive branch help back into the country or something, he also doesn't understand the Trump-Omarosa dynamic and (didn't on the show), Trump's not going to bash Omarosa no matter what she says about anyone else in the White House (and she's not exactly attacking Trump personally anymore than she has in the past) and he forgets that Trump dropped him like a set of John Podesta e-mails the instant he had troubles that led to him having to leave the colonies and has never defended him on anything outside the show

really the most amazing thing is that more Celebrity Apprentice folks haven't successfully latched onto President Trump, though he got endorsements from darn near every cast member, I thought for sure we'd see Victoria Jackson and Stephen Baldwin legitimately in government positions, Trace Adkins absolutely in some weird position...I assume Rodman is still plenipotentiary to North Korea as he was under Obama

edit: more apprentice-Trump-Omarosa-related ramblings for my fan and a half:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
reminded me to note, Omarosa's advantage with Trump was that she was the first and one of the few rare candidates to identify herself as within Trump's self-image, not his public image or his more realistic image, but the unstoppable juggernaut of a businessman and brand he imagines himself to be, and that the key way to doing that was not blindly sucking up or praising Trump, but ruthlessly attacking everyone else as inferior, blaming them for all your problems and then telling Trump you refuse to be weak like the others want because you're too determined to win, just like Trump

arguably a form of this is what the Joan Rivers-Annie Duke season hinged upon is that they both had figured this out and were playing the opposite sides of it...Marlee Matlin also seemed to identify this and let others get mowed down by Trump rather than the natural inclination to "correct" the record from Trump's imaginary versions, something a few candidates like Meat Loaf and Lou Ferrigno could never comprehend

after the seasons they did, Penn Jillette, Adam Carolla, Arsenio Hall, and Dee Snider all openly discussed on the first twos podcasts that the key was how quickly they recognized nothing but managing Trump's moods mattered and you had to realize when they'd suddenly shift gears and how to tell him "no" in a way that Trump found acceptable, something Adam and Dee were not willing to do, while Penn and Arsenio were willing to find the thinnest compromise they could...Lil Jon and La Toya Jackson also seemed to imply they had figured this out over their two seasons, Lil Jon particularly seemed adept at leveraging his actual abilities against what was likely an accurate read on Trump's perception of him...

I'd suggest Dennis Rodman did the same, but arguably that was also his late NBA mindset as well and a subset of his rebounding skill, on the show he always seemed aware of when and where he needed to suddenly participate actively in a task or lead it after lowering everyones expectations by doing nothing else earlier that he could exploit minimum energy by pre-positioning himself for the rebound...er task suited to his skills

also, Rodman of all people seemed to understand the "client's interests comes first" rule best among most of the candidates on really all versions of the show Alan Sugar's included, often probably because it was also the path of least resistance, just do what they say :lol  (Bret Michaels was hit or miss about this but it's arguably why he won too...Lil Jon was pretty good at this whenever he was a team lead)

the one episode he literally saved the team just by being the only person that season to ask the client what kind of advertisement or whatever they'd like to see, and it turned out they had basically a ready concept that the team could just copy and polish, while usually the teams would blow off the meetings and execute whatever they came up with (and initially Rodman's team looked at him like "there goes Dennis again wasting our time" and Ivanka later pointed out to the embarrassment of everyone else that constantly drunk/hungover Dennis was the only one yet that season to ever bother asking the client what they might want :dead)
[close]

also i realized you were probably referring to the other abuse scandals halfway through writing my original response but knew the forum was craving my apprentice-analysis and didn't stop as they wouldn't forgive me if i had
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:12:55 PM by benjipwns »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14212 on: February 13, 2018, 11:00:17 PM »

Umm...you're reading it incorrectly, the Trump administration stance is that it's OK to pussy grab, and it's OK to pussy punch. It's just regretable to get caught punching. :snob
que

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #14213 on: February 14, 2018, 01:36:29 AM »

“I don’t know, that is speculation,” she reminded the audience, but despite the disclaimer, an audience member later referred to “autistic libertarians” in a question. At another point in the lecture, MacLean also called Drumpf’s federal judicial appointees “illegitimate.
Jews annihilated
Please be patient with fascists they have autism. :meeble
Hi

kingv

« Reply #14214 on: February 14, 2018, 03:18:34 AM »

The La Li Lu Le Lo?

Clearly you’re not a patriot!

I’ll necer share the philosophers legacy with you!

benjipwns

« Reply #14215 on: February 14, 2018, 06:57:28 AM »
since deleted due to left-wing pressure bombshell uncovered by Sean Hannity:
PORTRAIT PERVERSION: Obama Portrait Features ‘SECRET SPERM,’ Artist Joked About ‘KILLING WHITEY’
By Hannity Staff - On February 13, 2018

The widening scandal surrounding former President Barack Obama’s official portrait continued to swirl on Tuesday, with shocking allegations the artist included ‘secret sperm cells’ within the painting and once joked about “Killing Whitey” during an interview.

Controversy surrounding Kehinde Wiley’s wildly non-traditional portrait of the Commander-in-Chief broke out within minutes of its unveiling; with industry insiders claiming the artist secretly inserted his trademark technique -concealing images of sperm within his paintings.

“His portraits initially depicted African-American men against rich textile or wallpaper backgrounds whose patterns he has likened to abstractions of sperm. Some of the subjects were famous (rap and sports stars), others not,” wrote the New York Times in 2008.

More shocking were comments Wiley made in 2012 while discussing a recent work that featured a “black woman” decapitating a Caucasian woman; imagery Wiley said was based on the biblical story of Judith.

“It’s sort of a play on the ‘kill whitey’ thing,” he told New York Magazine.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sean-hannity-promotes-then-deletes-bonkers-obama-portrait-secret-sperm-conspiracy-theory
It appears that the whole “sperm” theory originated on—where else?—4chan, where a thread was posted on Monday proclaiming, “Official Portrait of Obama has SPERM on his face!!!” That post just happened to include the same close up of Obama that Hannity used on his site.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14216 on: February 14, 2018, 07:08:34 AM »
Joke's gonna be on us when the hidden jizz theory is confirmed by Sy Hersh.

kingv

« Reply #14217 on: February 14, 2018, 08:20:16 AM »
Some of Kehinde Wiley’s pictures absolutely have sperm in them. They are not “reminiscent of sperm” they are ”absolutely very clearly fucking sperm swimming around the background” but it would be really obvious if the Obama one did too, it’s not like some Where’s Waldo type sperm, they are literally swimming everywhere.

One other thing I discovered about Kehinde Wiley when I was looking him up after Obama picked him, is that he doesn’t paint the backgrounds. He paints the person, then like ships the painting out to Vietnam to have some third world painter paint the paisleys for pennies. Something about that just really cheapens it to me.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #14218 on: February 14, 2018, 08:51:13 AM »
Yeah, why bother with Vietnman. There should be plenty of desperate art school graduates willing to do it for what it would cost to ship them.

kingv

« Reply #14219 on: February 14, 2018, 09:59:01 AM »
He paints the person, then like ships the painting out to Vietnam to have some third world painter paint the paisleys for pennies.

Are you fucking serious!?

I read it in a New Yorker profile of him from a few years back. They didn’t seem to think it deserved much discussion, which makes me think this is common in high end modern art.

It says something about the commoditization of art, in that this is clearly just a way for Wiley to sell 10 paintings in a year instead of 5.

Owning a Kehinde Wiley is a little different knowing that half the canvas is actually a Son Tung Nguyen.

http://nymag.com/arts/art/rules/kehinde-wiley-2012-4/