Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5454267 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Everything is awful
« Reply #25380 on: October 06, 2018, 10:37:25 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #25381 on: October 06, 2018, 10:44:01 PM »
Hey, I'm just trying to run nintex outta the thread. Normally I'd shame him but he doesn't have the self-awareness of someone like hungrynoob.  :yeshrug

Run filler out before Nintex.

Himu

« Reply #25383 on: October 07, 2018, 03:00:55 AM »
Was that taken with flash? It looks like he was standing in front of a screen instead actually being in DC.

From a small series of pictures taken by a photographer who was at the Capitol yesterday.

https://twitter.com/yospyn

I do not like this mans photography aesthetic. Fuck flash.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #25384 on: October 07, 2018, 03:08:39 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rock-bottom-supreme-court-fight-reveals-a-country-on-the-brink/2018/10/06/426886e2-c96f-11e8-b1ed-1d2d65b86d0c_story.html?utm_term=.b8e064c06043

Ugh

“The president is breaking the norms, and Kavanaugh gets it,” said a Trump adviser who was not authorized to speak publicly. “When everything is coming at you, you don’t cry. You’ve got to be like Trump and roar back at opponents.”

Jfc
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #25385 on: October 07, 2018, 03:15:48 AM »
hopefully that probably vegan Green Party member that joins the House after these elections doesn't start pushing some of Daddy P's daughters fad diets on the rest of us through executive orders :yuck

Himu

« Reply #25387 on: October 07, 2018, 03:36:25 AM »
Sharing an FT link for you fucks. You better enjoy it because it’s out of my limited number of shares.

https://on.ft.com/2RzhWRU

Will Manchin change his party affiliation to R? He’d gain so much by doing so. On the other hand, he likely will win re-election even if he didn’t. Murkowski on the other hand seems boned.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25388 on: October 07, 2018, 03:41:03 AM »
If this partisanship stopped at the edges of the Capitol, the US could weather it a passing maelstrom. But lots of Americans seem happy to infer a man’s guilt or innocence according to their own political priors. Protesters for and against Mr Kavanaugh seem very certain. What impressive information they must have special access to.

I actually do think there's a problem with the court being nakedly partisan but wooooooo that's some smug asshole centrism.

Himu

« Reply #25390 on: October 07, 2018, 03:44:56 AM »
If this partisanship stopped at the edges of the Capitol, the US could weather it a passing maelstrom. But lots of Americans seem happy to infer a man’s guilt or innocence according to their own political priors. Protesters for and against Mr Kavanaugh seem very certain. What impressive information they must have special access to.

I actually do think there's a problem with the court being nakedly partisan but wooooooo that's some smug asshole centrism.

I think the last line is the only troubling part
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25392 on: October 07, 2018, 04:08:19 AM »
I'm deeply skeptical of any piece that frets about "division" or "partisanship" while glossing over the underlying issue. It's a way of telling people that what they're upset about isn't actually important, and they should stop fighting for the sake of comity, or at least the appearance of comity.

Note how he sneers at how other people judged Kavanaugh's guilt, then glosses over the topic of how we ought to think about it. I don't even think his characterization of partisans is fair or accurate, given what happened to Conyers, Kihuen, Franken, and Schneiderman.

benjipwns

« Reply #25393 on: October 07, 2018, 04:09:39 AM »
But the stakes were not frivolous in the 1990s, when justices were confirmed by cross-party landslides.
Both Ginsburg and Breyer were being considered in a 56-44 D Senate. The Republicans had just flipped Marshall into Thomas, so White into Ginsburg was maintaining the split (since Bush had also appointed Souter) and Blackmun into Breyer wasn't changing it.

The Kavanaugh appointment is more similar to what put Kennedy on the court in the first place. Powell to Bork was a shift heavily to "the right" and so got shot down. Kennedy passed 97-0 because he was a swing vote, arguably a superior one to Powell. Kavanaugh shifts the swing vote to Roberts or Gorsuch, which isn't much of a swing vote and thus doesn't maintain the status quo.

The Republicans didn't even want to take a chance on any of their "moderates" voting for Garland in because it was Scalia's seat. Even Democrats were less concerned about putting Gorsuch into that seat, despite everything that happened over it, because it maintained the status quo. Had it been for Ginsburg's seat the GOP probably wouldn't have denied the nomination completely and let it come to a floor vote since it wasn't changing the status quo.

Democrats let Roberts into the Chief Justice seat without much of a fuss because he was arguably better than Rehnquist anyway. But he would have had a closer vote, like Alito did, had he been replacing O'Connor as he originally was supposed to.

At risk is the legitimacy of the Supreme Court, a nominally extra-political sanctum that is increasingly fought over as though it were the third legislature.
But this was just a always silly myth. The Court was the body that did what Congress never could bring itself to, and declared blacks to not even be citizens, overturned the Missouri Compromise and the incoming President was lobbying Justices to join Taney's decision so it didn't look like only a Southern thing and so the issue would be "settled" when he took office.

Abe Fortas wasn't unusual in a Justice being an adviser/spy for the President.

The Court (and thus, the courts writ large) has been openly tasked to "settle" more and more political questions because they're the only body that doesn't have to answer for its actions in some way. Well, them and THE DEEP STATE.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25394 on: October 07, 2018, 04:10:23 AM »
I say this as a friend: David Brooks is dumb as shit and if you think you're learning anything from reading him you'd be better off going back to the Church.

Himu

« Reply #25395 on: October 07, 2018, 04:15:23 AM »
I just like reading your reactions to him. :-*
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #25396 on: October 07, 2018, 04:22:55 AM »
you'd think David Brooks would like Trump more if he listened to his campaign speeches, all the national greatness is almost too much national greatness

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25397 on: October 07, 2018, 04:23:50 AM »
I just like reading your reactions to him. :-*

:bolo

benjipwns

« Reply #25398 on: October 07, 2018, 04:27:27 AM »
Over the past few years, hundreds of organizations and thousands of people (myself included) have mobilized to reduce political polarization, encourage civil dialogue and heal national divisions.
I think Unity08 was my favorite, though AmericansElect rejecting the results of their online primary was a more visible disaster.

The members of the public no longer reason with one another. They fall into predictable party-line formation and then invent post-hoc, bad-faith rationalizations to give cover to their ideologically driven positions (Drank too much! Bad temperament! Bad yearbook entry!).

It’s clear that we need a new sort of environmental movement, a movement to police our civic environment. That environment isn’t polluted by a vague condition called “polarization.” It is polluted by the specific toxic emissions we all produce in our low moments. Those emissions have to be precisely identified, classified, called out as shameful.

It’s also clear we have to set up more forums for personal encounters between different kinds of people. You detoxify disputes when you personalize them. People who don’t have regular contact with people they disagree with become intellectually dishonest quickly.

Finally, the good trends have to be fenced off from poisonous politics. American society is taking concrete action to make sexual assault intolerable. But this movement will not succeed if it becomes a pinball in the partisan politics of personal destruction.
even he has to realize how many times he's written this same thing in his career at this point

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #25399 on: October 07, 2018, 04:56:52 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rock-bottom-supreme-court-fight-reveals-a-country-on-the-brink/2018/10/06/426886e2-c96f-11e8-b1ed-1d2d65b86d0c_story.html?utm_term=.b8e064c06043

Ugh

“The president is breaking the norms, and Kavanaugh gets it,” said a Trump adviser who was not authorized to speak publicly. “When everything is coming at you, you don’t cry. You’ve got to be like Trump and roar back at opponents.”

Jfc

but he did cry

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25400 on: October 07, 2018, 10:56:20 AM »

"... and then he said the devil's triangle was a drinking game"

This will never not be weird
 :doge
🤴

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #25401 on: October 07, 2018, 11:42:54 AM »
Fuck the Republicans. Fuck the South. Fuck the flyover states. Fuck a third of Maine. 2/3rds Nebraska. Fuck Alaska. Fuck the coal miners. Fuck the scared old people. Fuck 60% of white people. Fuck the non-voters. Fuck the electoral system that produces minority elected presidents. Fuck the NRA. Fuck the Federalist Society. Fuck the Heritage Foundation. Fuck Reagan's rotting corpse. Fuck Newt Gingrich who solidified this bull shit. Fuck Nixon for everything. Fuck Goldwater. Fuck Roger Ailes and Fox News. Fuck the rich assholes who fund all this. Fuck Evangelical Christians. Fuck pro-life Catholics. Fuck 3rd generation immigrants who vote for anti-immigration policies without a hint of irony. Fuck the Mormons. Fuck turtle man. Fuck his corrupt-ass wife. Fuck everyone who will be on the wrong side of history. Fuck the two illegitimate supreme court members now. Fuck the other 3 asshats on their too. Fuck Pence. Fuck the Kochs.

Vote with the intensity and anger one brings into war. Take every opportunity to make these assholes scared.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #25402 on: October 07, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Pro-Kavanaugh demonstrator from yesterday.

I can't think of a better avatar for Republicans right now.

Chuck Testa, what the fuck happened?

Mollys Fruity Loops

« Reply #25403 on: October 07, 2018, 12:39:07 PM »
Fuck the Republicans. Fuck the South. Fuck the flyover states. Fuck a third of Maine. 2/3rds Nebraska. Fuck Alaska. Fuck the coal miners. Fuck the scared old people. Fuck 60% of white people. Fuck the non-voters. Fuck the electoral system that produces minority elected presidents. Fuck the NRA. Fuck the Federalist Society. Fuck the Heritage Foundation. Fuck Reagan's rotting corpse. Fuck Newt Gingrich who solidified this bull shit. Fuck Nixon for everything. Fuck Goldwater. Fuck Roger Ailes and Fox News. Fuck the rich assholes who fund all this. Fuck Evangelical Christians. Fuck pro-life Catholics. Fuck 3rd generation immigrants who vote for anti-immigration policies without a hint of irony. Fuck the Mormons. Fuck turtle man. Fuck his corrupt-ass wife. Fuck everyone who will be on the wrong side of history. Fuck the two illegitimate supreme court members now. Fuck the other 3 asshats on their too. Fuck Pence. Fuck the Kochs.

Vote with the intensity and anger one brings into war. Take every opportunity to make these assholes scared.

Fuck the pedo elite.
RESIS

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #25404 on: October 07, 2018, 12:48:30 PM »
finally an Optimus post i can get behind
bent

Himu

« Reply #25405 on: October 07, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »

This post and my reactions:

:leon :ohhh :preach :crazy
IYKYK

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #25406 on: October 07, 2018, 01:22:24 PM »
If you think voting with intensity is the solution then you're part of the problem
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25407 on: October 07, 2018, 01:41:44 PM »

Listen to the guy with no shirt: "This is our life for the next 4 years"
🤴

Himu

« Reply #25408 on: October 07, 2018, 01:50:10 PM »
When I think of intelligent dialogue I definitely think of clips of shirtless men with baseball caps and dudes with bad suit jackets that don’t even fit.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #25409 on: October 07, 2018, 01:51:22 PM »
I'm not clicking that shit and ruining my recommendations, Nintex.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25410 on: October 07, 2018, 02:11:10 PM »
Overall I find stand-up comics to be a great source of information.

A) They travel a lot and hang out with people so they get a lot of difference perspectives
B) They usually come from poor backgrounds and worked their way to the top
C) They tend to not overthink things

They are much better at predicting things and gathering the mood than the pollsters are.
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #25411 on: October 07, 2018, 02:15:50 PM »
I just don't want to get information from a YouTube channel called newshiest.com

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #25412 on: October 07, 2018, 02:46:07 PM »

:mynicca

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #25413 on: October 07, 2018, 02:46:29 PM »
Nintex won't leave. That's why the mods need to leper him instead of adding more terrible emoticons generated by the shite thread.

I think Lepering just made it so they couldn't post new threads (I'm not 100% sure though because the Leper category appears to have been replaced with either Ebola or Lupus at some point by a previous administration). I could make it so he couldn't post at all and could only like posts, but even that feels like giving him too much power.

People say this but after Squiddy was made a leper (ebola carrier) his only posts were in a thread he had started before being given the punishment he richly deserved.

But the proof of the pudding lies in its eating: make Nintex an ebola carrier.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25414 on: October 07, 2018, 03:09:26 PM »
I just don't want to get information from a YouTube channel called newshiest.com
Yeah it's a shame that recordings and excerpts of that event are few and far in between.

There's a 60 minute Bill Burr compilation from another source that's pretty good as well. But that's also him rambling about unrelated topics.
The full thing was 3 -  4 hours I believe. One of the best comedy get togethers on YouTube. Hosted by Doug Stanhope and Joe Rogan on election night:

But honestly, Bill Burr trashes some of the other guys and girls. He's just having too much of a good time. 
🤴

Optimus

« Reply #25415 on: October 07, 2018, 03:55:55 PM »
When I think of intelligent dialogue I definitely think of clips of shirtless men with baseball caps and dudes with bad suit jackets that don’t even fit.

They're fucking political scholars compared to twitter, reddit, corporate media and the the rest of the modern idiocracy. I like btw how they made the whole thing about something that happened 40 fucking years ago when this piece of shit is hardcore neocon and has shamelessly sided with surveillance and war. But no, let's make it about drama again, because this is what polarizes and sells "news" to the braindead morons even though they all know no hard conclusions will ever be reached.

Anyway, the most important thing about this whole situation is FUCK YOU BRETT KAVANAUGH

FUCK YOU SUSAN COLLINS

FUCK YOU LINDSEY GRAHAM

FUCK YOU JOE MANCHIN

FUCK YOU JEFF FLAKE

FUCK YOU DONALD TRUMP

FUCK YOU ENTIRE GOP

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

4k upvotes lol

Optimus

« Reply #25416 on: October 07, 2018, 04:08:00 PM »
r/drama is a fucking goldmine today, I'm shamelessly stealing most of the stuff from them, the entertainment value almost makes up for how dumb liberals have become. On the talentless brat Amy Schumer who made her career with rich daddy's money and connections getting arrested:

If you read the article, yes, they "chose" to be arrested just like the other 300 people who were arrested for civil disobedience. So did Rosa Parks. So did Dr. King. You choose civil disobedience as a form of protest with the knowledge that you probably WILL be arrested.

You'd think, "sure you obnoxious piece of shit you found one stupid comment to make us look like idiots".  7.7k upvotes LUL

Optimus

« Reply #25417 on: October 07, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
why the fuck are you talking about reddit in this thread

we already have a thread dedicated to REE, that's more than enough

I'm talking about modern liberals, I think reddit is quite representative of them and their idiocy.

Himu

« Reply #25418 on: October 07, 2018, 04:19:52 PM »
Dufus you’ve grown so much bb :heartbeat
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #25419 on: October 07, 2018, 04:26:09 PM »
war something something extension something other means something

amirite

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #25420 on: October 07, 2018, 05:18:35 PM »
My general view is that blaming the Kavanaugh aftermath on elected democrat officials (senate) is stupid. There was no magically perfect strategy that would have prevented this. This is the consequence of losing the 2016 election. The Supreme Court was literally on the line. Balance of the court was on the ballot. Obviously it's possible/likely that Kennedy would not have retired if Hillary had won, but the Scalia seat alone would have shifted the court...and then you'd wait for the next shot. And yet here we are.

And even despite the Kavanaugh situation...I can't help but wonder if Trump will ultimately be a net positive? A Hillary presidency would likely be underwater right now, with her only noteworthy accomplishment being a Supreme Court justice. Democrats would likely be poised to lose even more seats in November. We'd be subject to a variety of Russian based leaks, and stupid scandals (some real, some imaginary). Sanders voters/Himuro would be saying "I told you so" as if most of this was Hillary's fault. And she'd likely be on the path to being a one term president.

Whereas instead today democrat enthusiasm is very high, it looks like they'll take the House and while I don't expect them to take the senate it could be close depending on what happens in Tennessee. 2020 is a far more favorable year for democrats, senate wise. If you win the WH you walk into office with the House, perhaps with the senate, and the opportunity to make some actual progress.

Obviously this is not a perfect argument, Trump has done considerable damage to the country...but you can already see his support cracking. In 2010, it seemed to me like even despite the bad news/midterms, Obama would be the favorite in 2012 based off demographics and his quality as a candidate. I'm being impartial as fuck right now and don't see that with Trump. When you look at his support cratering in the midwest, and the continued economic erosion we're seeing here (MI/WI/PA/IA/etc) due to tariffs/trade...he's losing his strongest asset. It would be like if Obama was steadily losing black/Hispanic support in 2010.

Am I wrong?

benjipwns

« Reply #25421 on: October 07, 2018, 05:31:35 PM »
A Hillary presidency would likely be underwater right now, with her only noteworthy accomplishment being a Supreme Court justice. Democrats would likely be poised to lose even more seats in November. We'd be subject to a variety of Russian based leaks, and stupid scandals (some real, some imaginary).
Not to mention all the corporate media backed wars unlike the strong and active diplomacy we have today.

Nor we would we have Robert Mueller teaming up with the President to bring down the deep swamp pedophile rings. Instead it'd just be a lot of obstruction if there even was a special counsel appointed.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #25422 on: October 07, 2018, 05:31:42 PM »
Nintex won't leave. That's why the mods need to leper him instead of adding more terrible emoticons generated by the shite thread.

I think Lepering just made it so they couldn't post new threads (I'm not 100% sure though because the Leper category appears to have been replaced with either Ebola or Lupus at some point by a previous administration). I could make it so he couldn't post at all and could only like posts, but even that feels like giving him too much power.

orrrrrrrrr... and stick with me here... we could just ban stupid, useless people as a policy and maybe the forum would approach something readable for the first time in forever.
yar

benjipwns

« Reply #25423 on: October 07, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »

orrrrrrrrr... and stick with me here... we could just ban stupid, useless people as a policy and maybe the forum would approach something readable for the first time in forever.
typical lieberal utopian thinking

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #25424 on: October 07, 2018, 05:43:53 PM »

just like reeeeeee!  :reeeee

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #25425 on: October 07, 2018, 05:50:39 PM »

I don't want a utopia. Actual conservatives capable of making cogent arguments are welcome!

Filler, nintex, and assy mcgee are just dumb fucking trolls. Dumb fucking trolls should be banned 100% of the time.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25426 on: October 07, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »
Am I wrong?

I hate the idea of trying to time out swings in negative partisanship, but maaaaannnnn...

With Hillary as president the GOP probably gains 7 or 8 Senate seats in the midterms, retains statehouses for another round of gerrymandering, etc.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #25427 on: October 07, 2018, 06:02:13 PM »

Lepering is a better penalty for Nintex because:

1. (assuming it works the way I think it does) It's a double L; he can't post but that's only because he's been a useless member of the community since time immemorial. I've said in jest recently that Atramental should be lepered but that wouldn't work with him because he's given us a relationship thread, a meme thread, et cetera.
2. Nintex likes to mewl about immigrants ruining the culture of Europe / his corporate tax haven with a king when he himself is actually worse than this. (irl immigrants are trying to escape the grim realities of the economic periphery or being murdered by the heroes in the U.S. military while he's just here to be a piece of detritus.) There's a poetic justice in levying penalties particular to our culture to such an individual.

That said, if leper status doesn't work the way I think it does a ban is clearly the only recourse. The moblin sentence is not agreeable.

Kara

« Reply #25428 on: October 07, 2018, 06:08:43 PM »
As I believe in straight democracy Mandark, I will put it to a vote on OT and agree to abide by the results. :)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #25429 on: October 07, 2018, 06:12:09 PM »
The only thing lepering does is stop you from creating your own threads or editing your posts. That's it.

We should create a new subcategory called "human filth" for these sorts of "people" that just edits whatever they're going to post to "I am not a smart person"
yar

Kara

« Reply #25430 on: October 07, 2018, 06:14:48 PM »
Then I'm #TeamBan.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25431 on: October 07, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »
Then I'm #TeamBan.
The only thing I've seen you contribute are complaints about my posts.  :idont
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25432 on: October 07, 2018, 06:35:21 PM »
The only thing I've seen you contribute are complaints about my posts.  :idont

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45644.0

:ufup

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #25433 on: October 07, 2018, 06:41:33 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

TakingBackSunday on suicide watch

I was never expecting Bredesen to win, but goddamit am I going to try and get as many people out to vote. 
püp

Optimus

« Reply #25434 on: October 07, 2018, 07:02:36 PM »

Oh great, yet another alt-right neonazi Trump supporter trying to lock this thread by banning all the liberals posting in it. You people disgust me.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #25435 on: October 07, 2018, 08:39:19 PM »
Am I wrong?

I hate the idea of trying to time out swings in negative partisanship, but maaaaannnnn...

With Hillary as president the GOP probably gains 7 or 8 Senate seats in the midterms, retains statehouses for another round of gerrymandering, etc.

Yea man. Things are bad etc etc but uhh....there's a democrat running a competitive race in fucking Mississippi right now. And he's black.
:dead

Like I said, not expecting dems to take the senate but the fact we're even having this conversation is stunning given just how bad the map is for them this year. And we aren't even seeing internal GOP polling being released in SD or IN for instance, showing republicans up. You'd think we would be seeing that given they're red states but nope.

BTW if dems pull this off we'll have to look at Andrew Gillum winning the Florida gov nom as being a major reason. Having a legit good black candidate in Florida, heavily driving black turnout, could save Nelson's ass against Rick Scott.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #25436 on: October 07, 2018, 08:47:54 PM »

I don't want a utopia. Actual conservatives capable of making cogent arguments are welcome!

Filler, nintex, and assy mcgee are just dumb fucking trolls. Dumb fucking trolls should be banned 100% of the time.
When you can't win arguments against people just label them something like 'trolls'

How very liberal of you

Kara

« Reply #25437 on: October 07, 2018, 08:48:37 PM »
We're overdue for Great Depression Recession 3: Tokyo Drift, do you think they're going to duck that before the 2020 elections or something?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #25438 on: October 07, 2018, 09:02:09 PM »
Between tariffs, disappointing consumer spending, another housing bubble, and the yield curve...one of those balls is gonna fall before 2020. Not to mention others. :doge

Himu

« Reply #25439 on: October 07, 2018, 09:12:13 PM »
My general view is that blaming the Kavanaugh aftermath on elected democrat officials (senate) is stupid. There was no magically perfect strategy that would have prevented this. This is the consequence of losing the 2016 election. The Supreme Court was literally on the line. Balance of the court was on the ballot. Obviously it's possible/likely that Kennedy would not have retired if Hillary had won, but the Scalia seat alone would have shifted the court...and then you'd wait for the next shot. And yet here we are.

And even despite the Kavanaugh situation...I can't help but wonder if Trump will ultimately be a net positive? A Hillary presidency would likely be underwater right now, with her only noteworthy accomplishment being a Supreme Court justice. Democrats would likely be poised to lose even more seats in November. We'd be subject to a variety of Russian based leaks, and stupid scandals (some real, some imaginary). Sanders voters/Himuro would be saying "I told you so" as if most of this was Hillary's fault. And she'd likely be on the path to being a one term president.

Whereas instead today democrat enthusiasm is very high, it looks like they'll take the House and while I don't expect them to take the senate it could be close depending on what happens in Tennessee. 2020 is a far more favorable year for democrats, senate wise. If you win the WH you walk into office with the House, perhaps with the senate, and the opportunity to make some actual progress.

Obviously this is not a perfect argument, Trump has done considerable damage to the country...but you can already see his support cracking. In 2010, it seemed to me like even despite the bad news/midterms, Obama would be the favorite in 2012 based off demographics and his quality as a candidate. I'm being impartial as fuck right now and don't see that with Trump. When you look at his support cratering in the midwest, and the continued economic erosion we're seeing here (MI/WI/PA/IA/etc) due to tariffs/trade...he's losing his strongest asset. It would be like if Obama was steadily losing black/Hispanic support in 2010.

Am I wrong?

What about Feinstein holding off on Ford deets until the last minute rather than when she first caught wind of it which could have delayed the confirmation of a justice past midterms? Why did republicans throw their support behind. Someone with so much baggage when there were alternatives that didn’t have skeletons?
IYKYK