Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5449204 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| It's about ethics in the Wehrmacht
« Reply #36480 on: June 18, 2019, 08:04:32 PM »
James, hopefully you've had those beliefs since conception, otherwise you're politically impure and not worthy of the crown.

Youll find my views have been consistent in my 20 years of online posting, including in news groups.

I demand your entire Usenet history. And that of your parents. And any AOL chat room logs.

No aol, just yahoo and msn

And yes, i was a 14 year old girl
:O

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Sir, this is a McDonald's fight-for-fifteen strike.
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Some cool guy, wrote a book called Imperialism The Highest Stage of Capitalism that touches on the bolded. I think it was Michael Moore in 2009, or somethint
tfw you don't do your assigned reading for that week :fbm

I was trying to remember this very post today. Get out of my head, Charles. :hans1

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #36483 on: June 18, 2019, 09:17:43 PM »
He voted for Biden's Crime Bill? What else?

Sponsored a bill to have nuclear waste from Vermont shipped to a poor latino community in Texas. Fairly long history of being a "left" immigration hawk (ie "open borders" is a Koch brothers plan). When protesters picketed a GE plant making Gatling guns for the US and its rightwing allies in Central America, sided with GE and had them arrested. Supported Bill Clinton's 1993 austerity budget as well as incrementalist neoliberal policies like private insurance portability. As mayor of Burlington, an aide said they "out-Republicaned the Republicans." Voted to make it harder for felons to sue prisons. Voted for god knows how many bloated military budgets, as well as the AUMF. Said Andrew Gillum and Stacey Abrams lost because white people don't want to vote for a black candidate but that's not racism.

You can make most of those sound better by providing context and he's still on the left edge of elected US senators and credible presidential candidates (I'm the pragmatist squish of the board so of course I feel that way). But might still be worth examining why you're not aware of these things.

Even if they were frequently stymied, Sanders and his few official and unofficial aides were able to take administrative actions to make city government more efficient and fair. Unlike Paquette, the new city administration insisted on competitive bidding on city contracts and tried to combine city departmental purchases. A new health insurance plan saved as much as $35,000 a year. On other insurance, as much as $200,000 a year or 40 percent was saved by opening up bids. Gasoline costs were cut 5 to 10 percent.

Instead of leaving the city’s money in low-or zero-interest accounts, a new cash management system was instituted and management of pension funds reviewed, with an estimated gain of $70,000 a year. A new centralized telephone system should save $100,000 a year. Higher fees for building permits and private police and fire alarms will bring in $150,000 a year. Higher interest rates for mortgages from the cemetery fund yield another $15,000 in the first year. And the new city treasurer discovered a previously unidentified surplus of $1.9 million.“People had expectations that if you’re a radical, you won’t last because you can’t run the city,” says City Constable David Clavelle, a former aide to Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy and one of Sanders’ first appointments. “We concentrated on nuts and bolts. We had to prove to people that people of our persuasion could run the city government and run it better. As one local politician said, we out-Republicaned the Republicans.”

“But we didn’t want to sound like Republicans, and just to be sound fiscal administrators,” Leopold continues. “We wanted to show to what extent government can be exciting and important to people’s lives. That’s why we moved to youth, arts, programs for the elderly and neighborhood planning assemblies. You can do little things to make life more interesting.” Operation Snow Shovel was a volunteer effort to help dig out the elderly and Battery Park was transformed form a troubled teen hangout to a popular cultural scene.

http://inthesetimes.com/article/18806/this-1983-profile-of-bernie-sanders-shows-how-his-success-in-burlington-mir

Should I asked why you included that quote? And what's with the dodge about looking for context?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Because why not?

Bernie Sanders delivers a live response to Donald Trump's 2020 campaign kickoff in Florida immediately following the president's speech.

funny enough, i didn't even know trump was doing a thing tonight. thanks alot bernie for platforming trump

Mandark

• Icon
tri, why ask about that item in particular?

why not sierra blanca?

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
tri, why ask about that item in particular?

why not sierra blanca?

Because that was the one with a quote associated with it. The actual quote is the aide quoting another politician. It's quote-ception.

agrajag

« Reply #36487 on: June 18, 2019, 09:38:04 PM »
He voted for Biden's Crime Bill? What else?

Sponsored a bill to have nuclear waste from Vermont shipped to a poor latino community in Texas. Fairly long history of being a "left" immigration hawk (ie "open borders" is a Koch brothers plan). When protesters picketed a GE plant making Gatling guns for the US and its rightwing allies in Central America, sided with GE and had them arrested. Supported Bill Clinton's 1993 austerity budget as well as incrementalist neoliberal policies like private insurance portability. As mayor of Burlington, an aide said they "out-Republicaned the Republicans." Voted to make it harder for felons to sue prisons. Voted for god knows how many bloated military budgets, as well as the AUMF. Said Andrew Gillum and Stacey Abrams lost because white people don't want to vote for a black candidate but that's not racism.

You can make most of those sound better by providing context and he's still on the left edge of elected US senators and credible presidential candidates (I'm the pragmatist squish of the board so of course I feel that way). But might still be worth examining why you're not aware of these things.

Even if they were frequently stymied, Sanders and his few official and unofficial aides were able to take administrative actions to make city government more efficient and fair. Unlike Paquette, the new city administration insisted on competitive bidding on city contracts and tried to combine city departmental purchases. A new health insurance plan saved as much as $35,000 a year. On other insurance, as much as $200,000 a year or 40 percent was saved by opening up bids. Gasoline costs were cut 5 to 10 percent.

Instead of leaving the city’s money in low-or zero-interest accounts, a new cash management system was instituted and management of pension funds reviewed, with an estimated gain of $70,000 a year. A new centralized telephone system should save $100,000 a year. Higher fees for building permits and private police and fire alarms will bring in $150,000 a year. Higher interest rates for mortgages from the cemetery fund yield another $15,000 in the first year. And the new city treasurer discovered a previously unidentified surplus of $1.9 million.“People had expectations that if you’re a radical, you won’t last because you can’t run the city,” says City Constable David Clavelle, a former aide to Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy and one of Sanders’ first appointments. “We concentrated on nuts and bolts. We had to prove to people that people of our persuasion could run the city government and run it better. As one local politician said, we out-Republicaned the Republicans.”

“But we didn’t want to sound like Republicans, and just to be sound fiscal administrators,” Leopold continues. “We wanted to show to what extent government can be exciting and important to people’s lives. That’s why we moved to youth, arts, programs for the elderly and neighborhood planning assemblies. You can do little things to make life more interesting.” Operation Snow Shovel was a volunteer effort to help dig out the elderly and Battery Park was transformed form a troubled teen hangout to a popular cultural scene.

http://inthesetimes.com/article/18806/this-1983-profile-of-bernie-sanders-shows-how-his-success-in-burlington-mir

Should I asked why you included that quote? And what's with the dodge about looking for context?

Mandark

• Icon
Tri, may I suggest that you... google Murray Bookchin.

shosta

This is the fight I never knew I wanted.
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
:lol Holy cow, Mandark linking Libcom in one of his flawless ripostes.

curly

• cultural maoist
Ignoring the Sanders angle, the more I hear from anarchists the better Bolshevism looks.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Ignoring the Kara angle, the more I hear from left wing bore the better r/neoliberal looks. 

agrajag

become neoliberal to own the bore, brehs

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Not my fault they have better memes

agrajag

post some great neolib memes then

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
I didn't say good, I said better. 

Kara

benji post The Bernanke

agrajag

I'm gonna start posting cursed boomer images.

shosta

that is a totally anachronistic analysis
每天生气

shosta

每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler

tasty  :smug

shosta

this image is amazing :dead
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Did you just Indian name me?  I thought we as a culture were past that. 

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not the first time someone has done that.  I recently had drinks with a friend and his friend and his friend was shocked when i turned up white.
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
Can I get an explainer from a leftist on why the banks are bad?

Wanted to quote this on the new page cause asking leftists why they don't like banks is wild.

Even I get why and I don't know shit about leftism or banking.

Cauliflower Of Love

(Image removed from quote.)

Is this a combo flat earth / holocaust denier piece of artwork?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
I know you just said you'd start posting cursed boomer memes but haven't you always been?

shosta

Wanted to quote this on the new page cause asking leftists why they don't like banks is wild.

look, I know the bore is a fifth column pinko shithole but I was talking about Sanders supporters and ftr I still haven't gotten an answer :hmph
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

look, I know the bore is a fifth column pinko shithole but I was talking about Sanders supporters and ftr I still haven't gotten an answer :hmph

I linked you to CK!

You mentioned all the other shit about power consolidation, having a guaranteed non profit centralized bank alternative, and recursive fees.

Like...what else do you want hear

agrajag

I know you just said you'd start posting cursed boomer memes but haven't you always been?

shosta

I linked you to CK!

You mentioned all the other shit about power consolidation, having a guaranteed non profit centralized bank alternative, and recursive fees.

Ok, I'll take you off of ignore.
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

agrajag

I linked you to CK!

he's just a glib piece of shit

Cauliflower Of Love

So a perfect POTUS

kingv

(Image removed from quote.)

this image is amazing :dead

Karl Marx looks like a mix between the Maestro and Samuel L Jackson.

If bish was still on a forum this would be his avatar.

Kara

:lol Wrath, Buttigieg is أبو الدجاج.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Would she be willing to meet me in Gaza? :-[

agrajag

Andrex here's your chance!

Cauliflower Of Love

Why would you insult any beer when you're trying to wrangler the midwest?

They're all closet shitty beer drinkers.

wait, does she think calling a beer "the club soda of beers" is a compliment.

is this yall queen?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #36523 on: June 19, 2019, 12:58:17 AM »
PS3 bullshit cgi e3 2005 trailers as a metaphor for social democracy :thinking
Hacky approximated lighting VS bouncy ray-traced glory

Mediocre solutions for a mediocre species. 8)

agrajag

Why would you insult any beer when you're trying to wrangler the midwest?

They're all closet shitty beer drinkers.

wait, does she think calling a beer "the club soda of beers" is a compliment.

is this yall queen?

I will not endorse a candidate that doesn't openly do meth, you cowards.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 01:23:33 AM by agrajag »

Cauliflower Of Love

that's uh... quite an interpretation/analogy of what i wrote.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

jakefromstatefarm

Browsing r/neoliberal is pretty interesting.
they ran a poll a while back that featured a series of “how important is this issue to you” questions, and when the results came in the stuff people listed as most important were healthcare and judicial reform, and environmental and foreign policy. basically, all the shit that the purported neoliberal camp has fucked up catastrophically over the past ~50 years.
and for economic fault tolerance reasons because of how often our advanced economic system shits itself.
funnily enough, this is the exact reason that gets cited when people on the other side argue for (relative) centralization: that it’s much easier to affect monetary policy that way

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Kara

I'm like 60% convinced r/neoliberal and the associated Twitter account are a joke, but that's largely informed by floating in New Labour Twitter where people are wildly contradictory, i.e. human. (For example, being really passionate about anti-Semitism but then randomly favoriting transphobic content. Though tbf transphobia will be the UK's only export after Brexit.)

agrajag

team filler

• filler
  • filler

shosta

I missed this last week because I was catastrophizing about Iran but
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d014bc4e4b0304a120909d6?klw

Nola destroyed poor Howard Schultz' political career before it even began. What a vicious, nasty person.
每天生气

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
I'm like 60% convinced r/neoliberal and the associated Twitter account are a joke, but that's largely informed by floating in New Labour Twitter where people are wildly contradictory, i.e. human. (For example, being really passionate about anti-Semitism but then randomly favoriting transphobic content. Though tbf transphobia will be the UK's only export after Brexit.)
Yeah there's a seemingly endless supply of British TERFs shitting up Twitter. ???
Hi

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Cauliflower Of Love

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
notice the footage cuts before the collapse and CPR.