Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 213436 times)

Bebpo

Re: I got FFXIV
« Reply #1500 on: February 02, 2019, 12:03:58 AM »
Did the Valentines event right away since I missed the NY one. Valentines was ok, same as last years. Kinda boring when they don't mix it up.

Also since the maze requires teamwork you run into some funny situations. First time I did it my teammate didn't wait for me at all and wouldn't cooperate in the card choosing so we got like the worst rating ever. Second time the person was much better (was a guy, so guy x guy run  :-* ) and we got the best rating ever.

Looking forward to getting back to this in a month or so once I finish up some games. Fan Fest is coming soon which should be pretty hype for the expansion! Depending on where I am in life, I will probably play this a lot for 2-3 months in the summer when the expansion comes out.

Bebpo

« Reply #1501 on: February 02, 2019, 02:56:14 PM »
hahaha, next FF14 Expansion 24-man raid is NIER AUTOMATA by Yoko Taro

SE doing good with FF14 fan service choices. Now get Takahashi to guest write/direct a Xenogears raid for the last expansion.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1502 on: February 02, 2019, 03:22:24 PM »
Holy shit

Bebpo

« Reply #1503 on: March 06, 2019, 02:58:29 AM »
Been getting back to this and starting the catch up. Also remembering how things work like Souvenier trade ins and scrips. I see that there's i350 crafting/gathering gear but unlike the i300 stuff where each class had their own outfit, at i350 they all share the same outfit? Lame.

Mount speed upgrade for Stormblood areas is cool though. Figured would have to wait until Shadowbringers for that.

Did the first fight of the last Omega raid set. Was neat! Gonna try to finish up the raid later this week and do the last Matsuno 24-man raid.

PsychoBee

« Reply #1504 on: March 06, 2019, 06:41:39 PM »
recently started over as well, never got very far when I first played it, maybe lvl 35 or so, after they relaunched ARR

a lot has changed, but the nier stuff and them adding viera was what finally pushed me over the edge and got me to get back in
dumb

Bebpo

« Reply #1505 on: March 06, 2019, 09:17:00 PM »
ARR main story sucks, Coil of Bahamut is solid but broken mess at this point, 24man Crystal Tower is still pretty cool just too easy.
Heavensward is great and lives up to the hype. Alexander is good and the Void Ark 24man is solid.
Stormblood's main story is ok, some good moments and fields, but it's Omega raid and 24man Matsuno raid are awesome.

Bebpo

« Reply #1506 on: March 08, 2019, 03:32:11 PM »
Trying to remember how to gear up is hard after being away for a bunch of months!

Saving all the Extreme/Savage bosses to work on in June before the expansion hits, so for now just trying to get all the normal versions + msq + sidestuff done and finish getting my crafters to lvl.70 (5 are at lvl.68 now) so I can go into the expansion with my main NIN all geared up at lvl.70 (~i385 probably) and all my crafters/gatherers at lvl.70 so I can gather/craft in the new expansion right away.

Looks like I should just be able to run the last part of Omega raid a bunch of times (no weekly limit now) for a full set of i380 gear minus the weapon.
Then run last Matsuno raid a few times for upgrade pieces
Then use 1000 tomes of latest + 8 clears of last Omega raid for i380 weapon and use the upgrade item from Matsuno raid to upgrade it to i390 and then I'm good for gearing out my NIN.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1507 on: March 09, 2019, 12:18:02 PM »
For some reason I get super rusty super easily in MMO's and when coming back it takes a bit to not suck.  :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #1508 on: March 09, 2019, 12:22:51 PM »
Oh totally, my DPS is shit and I died a bunch in Alphascape 1.0/2.0 normal which is all I've done of the raid so far. I'm definitely not hitting optimal rotations at this point for my NIN.

Bebpo

« Reply #1509 on: March 09, 2019, 02:35:02 PM »
Ran Alpha 2.0 a few times to get the fight down this morning for fun and future runs. It's a really good fight. Feels like an extreme primal that's less punishing. Especially because most of the moves don't have any indicators so you have to watch for stuff and know where attacks will spawn from their name.

On my 2nd run was doing good and getting a no death run until the last stack marker when no one decides to stack because hey the boss is down to like <10% let's just kill him and I'm the only one stacking with the target and we both instant die. Then everyone else dies because of stuff and we're left at 1% with only tanks alive. Luckily they still made the clear, but damn that was close haha.

When I get some time I'm gonna run 1.0 a few times to get that fight down. I mean it's a lot easier and I passed it the first time just following everyone else, but would be nice to have the mechanics down. Then will head to 3.0 & 4.0.

Bebpo

« Reply #1510 on: March 09, 2019, 10:32:39 PM »
Hmmm, when going for a 8man raid gear set I'm not sure whether being lttp a patch where the weekly unlock limit is removed is better or worse. At first I thought hey, better because can keep redoing it until you get your drops.

Then I saw that you can get multiple drops in one chest. So if all 8 players are hanging around and betting on all 3-4 items you've got to beat all their rolls instead of a few of them being eliminated when they get their roll item. Statistics probably aren't much worse but for some reason I'm going through a lot more runs where I got no item at all when I roll need on all 4. I probably get a drop like every 3 runs on a raid now.

Anyhow, have Alphascape 1.0/2.0 normal fights down now. Going to head to 3.0/4.0.

Bebpo

« Reply #1511 on: March 09, 2019, 11:45:34 PM »
lol, 1.5 years of playing Stormblood, probably 400+ hours and I never got the damn fox fate until an hour ago  :lol
Got enough of the stone drops to get all 3 items so at least I'm good on that.

Still don't have enough Ixion pieces for the mount..., ran into it like twice or maybe 3 times total.

Bebpo

« Reply #1512 on: March 12, 2019, 12:39:55 AM »
Finished the Omega raid. Was good! The 3rd fight was a good challenge and I need to watch the vid to see how to avoid the double laser AoEs that are too quick to dodge. The final fight was fun but seemed....really easy compared to the first 3? Especially compared to the final bosses on Deltascape and Sigmascape. Didn't seem to have many death-dealing mechanics. Was just a long fight.

And once again I got zero drops from the treasure rolls. I dunno if I'll be able to get a complete set of Alphascape i380 gear on my NIN feels like it'll be a long ass grind of redoing these fights which are all pretty lengthy over and over.

Anyhow Omega raid was pretty great. Definitely better than Coil/Alexander for me. I wish we got Sephiroth and Angel Sephiroth but I'm guessing they're gonna hold Sephiroth back for another expansion or two as one of the last big nostalgia pulls. I'm more than happy with all the cameo fights we got as is in Omega raid. They were good fights too, a lot of interesting mechanics.

I was i361 and last Matsuno raid which I'm gonna do next is i365 so I took a look at the market board and damnnnnnnnnnnn gear prices have crasheeeed. I remember once a long time ago buying NIN daggers for like 2 million, now you can pick up the HQ i380 daggers for 235,000 and gear for like 135,000 a piece lol. I said fuck it and bought the HQ i380 weapon and HQ i380 waistband since it's invisible and won't fuck up my outfit. Brought me to i367, so now I should have enough gear to get caught up and will gear up after. Next up, Matsuno raid and then the 4.4/4.5 primals and then the 4.4/4.5 MSQ.

Bebpo

« Reply #1513 on: March 12, 2019, 03:52:07 PM »
So last night I woke up with insomnia in the middle of the night and was youtubing and ended up down the rabbit hole of current FF14! I started watching the guides for Omega V3/V4 and then Savage for V3S/V4S/FinalS which led me to googling around for what are the hardest fights in mmos because the Hello, World stuff in Final Omega looked like yeah I ain't never gonna do this. And then I got reading on Absolute Virtue in FFXI and how broken/bullshit it was and then google picked up a hit about Absolute Virtue in FF14 which got me to the endgame Eureka and Balderson Arsenol with Absolute Virtue and Proto Omega and 54 person Savage fights.

...that was interesting. I haven't touched Eureka since the first part because it was a boring as shit grind for no reason other than grind and if you want relics and I don't care about relics. It's interesting though that if you finally get to the very, very end of Eureka you get this cool crazy dungeon with some FF11 mechanics. Honestly even if I got there doing a dungeon where you basically can't make make mistakes and miss mechanics and having to level down and spend 20 mins leveling back up each time would be too much for me and I'd never do it. Also trying to find 55 other competent players to do near-perfect savage content bosses sounds absolutely miserable lol

But it was cool to watch other people do it and read about how it works. I'm honestly surprised people figured out how to beat Absolute Virtue in like 3 days or less when it came out considering you have to have a party on the outside of the dungeon kill a NM to depower the boss which isn't something you'd think of being in a dungeon. The hidden rooms before it are more understable to find them.

Too bad Eureka is boring af. Like the FF11 throwbacks are neat, but it's just such a dull grind. If they keep it going in Shadowbringers I hope they really change up the mechanics to make it less of a time sink and more fun.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1514 on: March 12, 2019, 03:57:46 PM »
The final stage of an mmo player, when reading/watching about the game is more fun then playing

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1515 on: March 12, 2019, 09:48:41 PM »
FFXI players are insane.

Bebpo

« Reply #1516 on: March 12, 2019, 10:15:41 PM »
The final stage of an mmo player, when reading/watching about the game is more fun then playing

:lol

Pretty much.

FFXI players are insane.

Yeah, I don't see how MMO's that didn't respect your time were/are any fun other than being interactive chat rooms where you hang with your friends. Like outside a few things 14 is actually pretty decent about not wasting your time. Especially if you have gil ;P Even the crafting beast tribe runs I try to do daily when I'm playing it take like 10 mins max and I usually grab a map while I'm out in the field and sell it for some gil too. The weekly souvenier stuff for scrips is like 30 mins tops for 12 turn-ins (outside fishing, but why would you fish for scrips with the RNG) and souvenir stuff is good to do while in queues. If you're raiding, the weekly run of 4 raids is maybe 2 hours if you've cleared them and have a decent team so you clear on first runs.

I mean I've just past 1000 hours (~1006 or 1007 now) and I still think outside all the crafting/gathering stuff that's pointless and probably 500 hours of that, the remaining 500 hours or so ain't bad for all the content from ARR through where we are now seeing as they are essentially three 100 hour rpg games easily counting their patches. And it's fun playing the content up to 3x as the tank/healer/dps roles give really different experiences.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1517 on: March 12, 2019, 11:22:07 PM »
When it was amazing it was amazing, and nothing like anything we had ever played.

Looking back on it was straight-up stockholm syndrome.

Bebpo

« Reply #1518 on: March 17, 2019, 08:51:07 PM »
Did the final Ivalice raid. That was...long. Seems like the weakest/most boring raid of the 3 to me. No interesting locations, and only 1 FFXII esper boss. Felt like the boss patterns were just ok, also seemed easier than the first two parts with the Tower esper guy in part A wiping people and the robot in part B wiping people.

Also I thought a few patches back they made it so when you do a 24-alliance raid, at least 1 of the chest armor pieces up for grabs will be for your job each run?? Because there were 0 ninja pieces the entire raid. So long ass almost 2 hour raid, no gear at all, zzzzz

Don't see myself running it again until post Shadowbringers when it's quicker.

*edit* reading up on it, I think I'm in the wrong on this one. If you're an FFT fan it seems pretty cool. FFT wasn't a very memorable game for me so all the references/cameos don't do a lot for me/I don't recognize them. The FFXII stuff in each part of the alliance raid was more enjoyable for me because FFXII's more recent and I remember some of this stuff.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:05:18 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #1519 on: March 18, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »
Beat Suzaku last night on normal. Pretty fun fight though I feel like the weird intermissions in Byakko and this (and I assume Seiryuu will have one) will drag on replays. At least the DDR music game in Suzaku is no brainer.

Also beat the toughest boss in FF14, inventory management last night. Cleared out my armory inv and personal inv and retainer inv so I'm ready for the expansion :) Next up is Seiryuu!

Bebpo

« Reply #1520 on: March 21, 2019, 02:15:03 AM »
Did Seiryuu primal last night on normal. Seemed really easy, like easier than the other primals and raids in the post-game. Only one real wipe mechanic and it's super no brainer to avoid. Started working through the remaining hildebrand. It's getting better now with JIM. I still think Hildebrand stories aren't ever going to live up to 2.0 unless they start making more gameplay for them. 2.0 rocked because the Gilgamesh and Ultros/Typhoon fights that were part of it. Heavensward was kinda zzzz outside Vivi. We'll see where this ends up standing.

Once I catch up in Hildebrand, just have MSQ 4.4 and 4.5 to clear and then ready for 4.56 to finish it! Should have all my crafters at lvl.70 by then so only thing left to do before the expansion is any Stormblood Ex primals/Savage fights I wanna try to clear and maybe getting my DRK from lvl.50->lvl.70 to bring into Shadowbringers.

*edit* oh, didn't realize I was that close to catching up in Hildebrand. All caught up there. Time to catch up on MSQ!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 03:13:36 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #1521 on: March 23, 2019, 03:20:04 PM »
Finished 4.4, almost done with 4.5, msq is getting good!

So I hear the new trailer for Shadowbringers is awesome and full of spoilers so I haven’t seen it yet.
2nd new job is Dancer which is a ranged dps. So if you count blue mage that’s 2 dps, 1 tank, RIP healers  :doge

I’m hoping there’s still 1 more healing class to be revealed.

Bebpo

« Reply #1522 on: March 26, 2019, 12:41:06 PM »
So I read the patch notes for 4.56 and surprisingly

spoiler (click to show/hide)
No Zenos trial?? to end Stormblood expansion??
[close]

Instead Hildebrand trial LOL
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1523 on: March 26, 2019, 01:22:44 PM »
Also in terms of finishing things up...

Done! Only took like 2 years lol. I was nowhere near lvl.60 with my crafters/gatherers when I started stormblood, so took a while!
Now I just need to do all their job quests  :'( so I can do the new expansion ones as I hit the levels.

After I finish the MSQ/Hilde tonight will work on the job quests for the crafters (did all the gatherer ones and GSM, but that's it) and finish up the Doman Enclave and gearing the crafters out with yellow scrips with weekly custom deliveries. But generally will be pretty done after this week until xpac.

Bebpo

« Reply #1524 on: March 27, 2019, 08:03:34 PM »
Finished Hildebrand last night, it was a great. I'm glad I didn't get spoiled. Definitely better than HW Hilde. I think it dragged a little early on, but the back half was great and it had a strong finish.

Also finished up last part of Doman Enclave! And did my custom deliveries for the week. Gonna watch the MSQ ending tonight. Heard it's pretty weak, but oh well. A lot of the criticism I'm hearing is that it should have been released before the fanfest because the fanfest basically spoiled everything in it. Since I haven't seen any of the footage from the fanfest maybe I'll still like it? I feel like I generally should try to avoid spoilers in FF14 as there are some neat twists. Only thing I'm gonna look up at launch of expansion is job system changes for NIN.

Then time for crafting job quests catchup!

Bebpo

« Reply #1525 on: March 28, 2019, 01:01:04 AM »
Msq done. Was ok but weird place to end on. Also fuck putting a dps check outta nowhere in the second of two long fights. Had all my cooldowns popped and failed it lol

Also I think 1 on 1 single player fights are never fun. At least team AI fights are fun even if very light versions of real multiplayer.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1526 on: March 28, 2019, 09:10:30 AM »
seems like a lot of grind to get from where I left off to current. I remember a good bit of grind from HW>SB...wondering if coming back lol.

Beb, what is /timeplayed after all this?  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1527 on: March 28, 2019, 12:08:26 PM »
seems like a lot of grind to get from where I left off to current. I remember a good bit of grind from HW>SB...wondering if coming back lol.

Beb, what is /timeplayed after all this?  :lol

Well when I took a break last fall before 4.4 hit I was around 996 hours played, and now I'm 1032, so like ~36 hours in the last month doing all the 4.4/4.5/4.56 content + crafting dailies, doman enclave weeklies, custom delivery weeklies, joining a few hunts here and there.

Are you talking about ilvl grind for your combat class? What ilvl are you now?

I had a bit of an ilvl issues being out for 4.4/4.5. I was like i356 when I left and all the end stuff requires i365 (last Ivalice raid, last Hildebrand, probably last MSQ). Thanks to having the worst luck ever and not getting like any drops doing all the 4.4/4.5 content (I think I got like 2 earrings and 1 shoe from last Omega set and a Body piece from Arboretum (Hard) and that's it) I just ended up buying a few i380 pieces which were cheap on the MB (I'm talking like 135,000 gil on some). If you've got a ton of gil from crafting, it's probably cheap to just buy some i380 pieces until you hit i365 at least.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 12:13:06 PM by Bebpo »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1528 on: March 28, 2019, 01:29:34 PM »
Was apparently not unsubbed. Whoops.  :lol

Looks like I stopped right at launch of Sigmascape, not sure what patch, would need to look. I play WHM, my highest combat class is like 58 BRD I think? Anyway was ilvl 322...decked out in 380 for 1.5MM or so, brought me to 374.

All crafting classes at 70 although I would need the newer craft gear and re-learn etc to do the 380 stuff...was easier to just buy.

Should be in ok shape to at least finish MSQ at some point.

/playtime was  :nsfw  :lol

2016 hours, most of that from socializing/dicking around in 1.0
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1529 on: March 28, 2019, 01:41:20 PM »
Nice, yeah i380 gear's cheap now. I feel like when the game was more active around the expansion it'd cost 1.5 mil just for a single piece!

Oh and by combat class I just meant your main non-crafter class. So your healer.

Sigmascape came in at 3.2.

Bebpo

« Reply #1530 on: March 30, 2019, 03:02:04 PM »
I forgot how expensive ARR/HW job quests are. Gonna cost me like 1 million gil per job just for the mats for all these job quests if I don't wanna bother farming/making them myself :'(
So glad SB got rid of this for job quests. Almost done with CRP job quests, 2 crafter jobs down, 6 to go....

Bebpo

« Reply #1531 on: April 06, 2019, 03:08:16 AM »
Finished the Alchemist questline. ARR was still a multi-hour long drag, but the HW and SB questlines were good! I like how Alchemist job = medieval fantasy CSI crime scene analyst :)

Going to do CUL next. I think I can manage about 1 crafter job questline from ARR lvl.1->SB lvl.70 a week. 5 jobs left, so should be ready for Shadowbringers in a month!

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1532 on: April 06, 2019, 09:30:33 AM »
Should have done the job quests during the beast grind. At least for SB seemed to reduce the grind A LOT.

Bebpo

« Reply #1533 on: April 06, 2019, 01:02:36 PM »
Yeah, getting a decent amount of unusable xp. Probably would've saved a week or two of dailies across the classes. Oh well.

CUL is fun making food, but I forgot how many damn ingredients there are for each item and these days the MB is all fucked where items either won't exist, or someone is selling the only HQ lemons for 100k gil lol
CUL is getting me to re-activate my 3rd retainer where I stored all my ingredients on  :lol I used to cook a lot for profit so I have a ton of ingredients already.

Also, I'm using the ARR quest rewards to practice desynths with everyone. I guess now that I have all my crafters/gatherers max level and pretty close to i350 max gear, the next grind for them will be to level desynth. I gotta imagine it's pretty useful if you go into a new expansion with high enough desynth to actually desynth stuff you get that doesn't sell or you can't use. Might get some good quality items out of it.

From what I understand the biggest use of desynth is just to get demimateria because it's expensive on the MB and it can't be acquired any other way. I have all the recipe books 3-6 for everyone, but still need to get most of the 1/2 books because the items require demimateria and back then didn't want to spend 100k-200k on mats to get the books. Now that I've got like almost 60 million gil, it's probably cheaper to just buy the mats and get the books than level desynth but oh well. Nice to have goals.

Bebpo

« Reply #1534 on: April 07, 2019, 02:38:27 PM »
Tried actually doing the fashion report instead of just taking the 10k mgp no effort attempt. I used the weekly reddit guide but the problem is some of the pieces aren't NIN equippable :X Like this week the head piece needed wings, I looked through the market board for NIN headpieces and all my stuff and I'm pretty sure the NIN job doesn't have a headpiece with wings at all. Still was able to get 89/100 without it and got some extra MGP. Mostly saving up for FF15 crossover stuff which apparently will all be bought by MGP. I'm almost at 1 million MGP and I hear the car mount is gonna be 200k, so I'm good but saving up some extra MGP anyhow.

Finished the ARR quests for CUL and just starting the HW one. I like making food for some reason more than any of the other crafting. Just sorta makes logical sense turning all these items from base ingredients into mid-level ingredients and then bringing them together for a dish.

Bebpo

« Reply #1535 on: April 09, 2019, 12:54:18 AM »
Hmmm, while the Stormblood crafting job quests are fun and don't cost any money, now that I'm doing a lot of them I can't say I get behind changing the items needed to unique non-market items from ingredients they give you for free.

For some of the HW cooking quests I had to go gather the mats myself and there's something satisfying about going and hunting down an enemy for meat drops and switching to miner and waiting out an unspoiled node for salts and hitting botany points for veggies to make the sauces and then combining it all into a dish. I've always liked how the items in FF14 are all made of ingredients/parts from the world.

Without that the Stormblood quests are more just stories you watch play out since everytime you have to make something you just pop up the menu and make it right there and continue on in the quest story. Whereas ARR/HW quests stop each time you have to make something and you have to either go get mats or go buy it from the MB before going back and continuing the story.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1536 on: April 09, 2019, 10:22:47 AM »
You are talking like a crazy person! I still have nightmares about the lvl 50 GSM quest.

Bebpo

« Reply #1537 on: April 09, 2019, 02:53:38 PM »
Hahaha, but it makes the game more of an adventure!

Like while I enjoy the game a lot, it's crazy how much of FF14 has like no real gameplay and is just talking to one person and then another for quests. So I appreciate the bits of actual gameplay stuff that there is.
It's fine though with the new way, if I want the old experience I can still get it by trying to complete my crafting logs and craft/gather every item in the game! As insane as that is, it also sounds kinda fun to me. There must be something wrong with me lol

By the way I finally figured out my crafting rhythm at this point for fast crafts at HQ:

Inner Quiet -> The hand II one for +20% accuracy -> The action that halves all actions for 4 turns -> safe progress III for 7 cp 150% progress/100% and on good turns use the 15cp green hammer that ups inner quiet x 2 -> repeat and when progress is 1 away from finishing, just use the normal quality boosting actions until 2 turns left and then use bygrot or whatever's hammer to finish out the +7 or so inner quiet and then complete the craft. At near i350 build on my crafters it seems to work great for most non-raid/endgame stuff.

I haven't even looked into the Stormblood crafting actions yet though lol, I realized I never looked at them and was still using my lvl.60 HW crafting routines and actions, then quickly glanced through the SB ones and saw the 7cp 150% progress and placed the 15 cp 150% progress / 80% chance skill with that but otherwise haven't looked into them. I've also never messed with durability restoring actions which would probably help a lot on the 40 durability items!

Maybe when Shadowbringers comes out I'll sit down and really learn how to craft. I'm basically just winging it still but it gets me by.

Bebpo

« Reply #1538 on: April 10, 2019, 12:57:46 PM »
This year's egg hunt is amaaaaaaaaazingly terrible.

The second riddle is one of the worst things I've done in FF14 and I've done a lot of shitty things!

Bebpo

« Reply #1539 on: April 13, 2019, 04:25:22 AM »
Been doing the Armorer/Blacksmith job quests at the same time since ARR they're based in the same building and often share the items needed. Started the HW quest for both and finished it for Armorer first.

I've been stingy and so I've been trying to craft this stuff from mostly scratch, gathering my one mats from nodes/unspoiled nodes and putting it all together instead of spending 30-100k on the MB for some of these HQ gears. It's surprisingly easy to gather all the stuff up if you take the time to actually do it. Like certain alchemy stuff is always expensive on the MB like Dissolvants and Hallowed Water and stuff but the actual ingredients for your Alc to make them are easy to obtain. It's kinda fun to going around the HW areas and gathering certain mats again. Didn't mind. Will finish off Blacksmith ARR next and then do SB quests for both and then just Weaver/Leatherworker.

I'd like to up my Leatherwork desynth to 70+ to break apart dress shoes for fieldcraft demimateria III since it's like 30k a pop and you need about 3 for each master recipe book II in ARR, but I don't even know where you buy mass amounts of cheap leather goods to desynth to level cheaply and fastly. My desynth levels are like 5.00-10.00 for most of my crafters.

I've also been hitting up the casino doing my daily mini-cactpots again since the FF15 event starting in 3 days is going to be MGP based for the items. I've got a little over 800k MGP now so should be good for FF15 stuff, but doesn't hurt to keep upping your MGP. I'd love to get that Golden Saucer Cactaur mount they added but 2 million MGP is a fucking lot. Same with Typhoon at 800k MGP. But at least those are better buys than spending 1 million on a dumb Cloud triple triad card.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1540 on: April 13, 2019, 07:22:55 PM »
Getting back into this game. Jesus there's so much to do. It's overwhelming.

Bebpo

« Reply #1541 on: April 13, 2019, 08:21:59 PM »
Yeah, there's a lot.

Easy recommendation is to ignore all the crafting/gathering stuff. That basically doubles the hours for completion. If you're just doing the battle stuff and sticking to 1 character it's not that much more time taking than a standard rpg, about 50-80 hours per expansion.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1542 on: April 13, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »
Well a little backstory.

I originally played the game back when ARR came out. Got the PS3 CE(god what an awful version) and the PC version(actually a copy of 1.0 from Kmart on Clerence) day 1. Played through the story on a Monk. Got the Raid ready gear(whatever it was called) and then called it quits. Even back in my WoW days I've never been into Raiding. I like the progression to that point and doing the high level dungeons and well dungeons are the best part of FFXIV. But the key difference unlike WoW(Vanilla anyway) was that you had to do the dungeons and hope for the drops for your class. In XIV you just kept on doing the dungeons for the points to unlock the stuff. Pros and cons for both ways, but whatever I got bored and then sold my character.

But again FFXIV is really fun so I had the itch to come back. The PS4 was out now so I bought that version and another PC copy. The expansions weren't out, but the progression had changed. Now you had to get gear that looked like slightly more shinny versions of the Base Job outfits and make your weapon special. I did that for a Mage, Monk, Pally, and Scholar, and Summoner. I mean it was fun. Going through ARR's story again kind of sucked, but the hard mode stuff was good.

But again I got kind of bored. Sold my character because I needed money.

But I always have an itch to play. 

So they have that 7 Day come back promo now and well hell I thought I'd see if I could login to an old account. Scummy maybe, to see if I could steal back my account. Hey whatever(it worked in WoW several times). It did'nt here, but at some point I must have made another account, but only got as far as level 30. I don't remember this. Either way I wanted to see what the game would look like on my computer.

So I start playing again and am like "man there's maybe a bit too much to do and starting so low kind of sucks.

But hey there's these boosts and even more so some dude on ebay is selling them for a bit cheaper. So I buy the boosts for the jobs I use to have. I mean I kind of remember how to play them. I buy the story skip to get to Hevansword. I really want to get to Stormblood ,but I've heard good things about this expansion.

I'm interested in some of the new jobs, but I want to learn them so I won't level boost those. I've never done crafting, just really focused on the story and dungeons. Which is all I want to do.

Freyj

« Reply #1543 on: April 14, 2019, 02:12:24 AM »
What’s the ETA on taking a fresh 70 through the 4.x MSQ? I need to catch up before Shadowbringers.

Bebpo

« Reply #1544 on: April 14, 2019, 03:08:27 AM »
Probably 20-40 hours for MSQ + 24 man raid + 8 man raid + normal mode Primals. Ex/Savage versions obviously longer. I feel like the 4.x MSQ was actually pretty short, especially the second half.

Freyj

« Reply #1545 on: April 14, 2019, 01:10:39 PM »
That's way less than I was expecting. Hm. Maybe I'll wait for a few patches and a $20 or so deal on Shadowbringers.

Bebpo

« Reply #1546 on: April 14, 2019, 04:20:45 PM »
Yeah, you can basically do the catch up the month before.

Bebpo

« Reply #1547 on: April 17, 2019, 12:11:26 PM »
FYI, the FF15 crossover event started. Everyone's driving the Regalia around Eorza now  :lol
The car model actually looks kinda shitty compared to FF15, guess mounts are pretty low-poly. Noctics in FF14's character models looks pretty hilarious too. Like some guy at a con cosplaying as Noctics :P

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1548 on: April 17, 2019, 03:45:43 PM »
event worth logging in for? lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1549 on: April 17, 2019, 06:15:42 PM »
Sure, if you're still subbing. Takes about 45 mins and you get an outfit out of it and some new BGMs and you can buy the car, Noctis' hair and Noctis triple triad card with MGP.

Bebpo

« Reply #1550 on: April 17, 2019, 06:34:21 PM »
Fashion Report nets you 10k without trying, 66k if you google the pieces each week (posted on Reddit) and buy/acquire them. Also Gate events in the saucer but I don't mess with those. Also the big lottery every Saturday. Basically you can make about 100k+ a week with just doing the fashion report and daily mini-cacpot that takes 2 mins.

I've saved up like a million just doing the mini-cacpot scratch off daily haha.

Bebpo

« Reply #1551 on: April 21, 2019, 01:32:32 PM »
Every crafter ARR/HW/SB job quest done!

I think that took me like 50 hours lol, I'm at 85 hours since I came back to FF14 and the 4.4/4.5 stuff only took me like 30 hours and the rest has mostly been crafting job quests + FFXV/Seasonal events.
Some fun stories in there. Can't even remember which is which after seeing so many. 1,000 hour+ in and still learning things too. Like I had no idea what ephermal nodes were for in gathering and what aetherial reduction was until I had to use some dawnborne aetherstone in a HW crafting job quest and the only ones on the MB were like 300,000 gil.

I still don't really get aetherial reduction because it's like you get 1-6 shots every 30 mins on an ephermal node (I think there's one spawning in every area) and you pull like 1 collectible from each shot which you break down for a chance to get 1 dusk/dawnborne aethersand. Feels like it'd take forever to get a decent amount of them.

Also I need to read a guide on fastest way to level desynth, because might at least get leatherworker to 70 so I can break down wedding shoes for fieldcraft demimateria IIIs. I still need/plan to finish up the recipe books and need a ton of those for all the book I/IIs.

Ready to start on Shadowbringer stories with all my crafter/gatherers and my main NIN now.
DRK is a few xp away from lvl.52, will need to decide whether I'm up for the 52->70 leveling. This would be easy just running the daily roulette but it's been so long since I've tanked I'm terrible at it and too embarrassed to run DR and get something that I fuck up. Too bad the HW beast tribe dailies pay out crap xp. Crafting beast tribe dailies give so much more xp than combat ones which is kinda sad.
Otherwise I'm pretty much done until expansion time. Not gonna bother with leveling a healer. Maybe during the next expansion I'll give it a shot.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1552 on: April 21, 2019, 02:26:31 PM »
I'm leveling an AST and I think it's really fun.

I'd also like to level a Pally or a DRK, but yeah I haven't played a tank role since ARR and there's a lot of pressure on leading the party and I'm afraid that I'd screw it up. I mean I'm afraid I'll fuck up when I'm healing. I keep my labtop open next to my desktop and have the XIV wiki up for every dunegon. But I mean that's what I remember loving about this game. The stress of making sure your doing your job well. The party stuff is so good in XIV.

Bebpo

« Reply #1553 on: April 21, 2019, 04:08:32 PM »
Ok, desynthesis is craaaaaaaaaaap. Wasted like 2 hours and 300k gil leveling up stuff. It's not hard to level desynth but it costs money and time. So I get to 70 with Leatherworker and start mass buying the wedding shoes to desynth in hopes to get FC Demimateria IIIs which are selling for like 30-35k. I buy 20 shoes at 6k each so 120k cost, I don't get a single demimateria from any of the desynths. This is stupid, I'm just going to buy the mats on the MB to get my recipe books I/II (mostly IIs, I don't think Is need demimateria).

Meanwhile I look into it and basically all you get for having a high level desynth is random HQ items by breaking down extra gear you get that's high ilevel (because the gear that's not high ilevel gives mats that aren't worth anything these days), but to take advantage of that you have to be running end game Ex/Savage content all the time for gear you're not going to use just to desynth for some good items that you can probably gather and craft yourself mostly -_-

Culnarian/Fisher combo is cheap (though still a waste of time) but you get nothing from your desynths except clusters and sand and an occasional money bag or materia. I got my Fisher to 225 so I can desynth SB fish. I'll probably get it to Shadowbringer entry fish desynth level just so when I'm leveling my fisher job and end up with tons of fish I don't need, if none of them are selling for anything on the MB I can at least desynth and get an occasional item.

Otherwise I'm out on leveling any of the other desynths. Just seems like the dev team hasn't seemed like the dev team gives much thought to making them useful.

Bebpo

« Reply #1554 on: April 22, 2019, 04:45:50 AM »
Finished getting all the Recipe books for all the crafters. The I/II/Demimateria books were easy at this point just expensive for the demimateria.

So now I can craft every object in the entire game.
And I'll probably never actually craft anything much out of it all. For most older stuff, it's cheaper to just buy it off the MB than the mats usually.

Bebpo

« Reply #1555 on: April 24, 2019, 01:15:39 AM »
Yeah I logged on today and  ??? there was a queue to get in

I got in and Ultros where I'm at the main cities were packed with tons and tons of people like launch week. Everything was selling on the MB too. Prices up everywhere.
Seems like with the new world visit system everyone is hanging out on the popular servers on the overall data center. Kinda crazy.

I sure hope this is something people enjoy and then get over it in like a couple weeks and it's dead again. Because if the new expansion comes out and there's this many people + all the people that come back, how the fuck am I even going to get logged in  :lol :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #1556 on: April 24, 2019, 12:46:36 PM »
Nah, I was there for Stormblood launch. I'm saying take the usual launch queue and now add in everyone from other servers jumping onto yours and  :doge

Well, hope it is less of a clusterfuck than I'd expect when Shadowbringers launches!

Bebpo

« Reply #1557 on: April 24, 2019, 11:51:08 PM »
So....leveling my Dark Knight isn't going too bad. Got from like halfway through 51-> halfway through 54 in a few hours. Basically doing the 6 beast tribe quests in HW, doing the leveling DF dungeon, and running Sohm AI (lvl.53) a couple of times in Command Missions in Adventurer Squad. Takes about 20 mins so same as a PoTD run but gives more xp at least at these levels. Got almost a full bar of xp ~53.

Also tanked Ravana Hard (53) for the first time. Haven't done that fight in a few years, was pretty fun.

What's interesting is that since I'm not PRO at tanking and just sorta barely serviceable since I forgot everything and am re-learning last couple days and most of the DF people I'm getting for dungeons/bosses aren't super great either, these dungeons/bosses are actually decently challenging and intense and fun to play. It's not one of those steamroll everything zzz runs. As the tank I'm not even doing big pulls atm the moment because these dungeons (Dusk Vigil 51, Sohm AI 51) hit pretty fucking hard. And especially with ADVENTURER IDIOT SQUAD pulling anything bigger than one group at a time as tank is DOOM.

The biggest issue I have with adventurer squad is it absolutely is not built for playing tank. It's built for playing dps. This is because they do not program the DPS AI to attack adds on bosses when adds spawn. And trying to keep manually selecting them and hitting "ENGAGE" and keeping any eye on when the add dies and selecting the next one and hit ENGAGE while also tanking is too much for me on a PS4 controller. Luckily on Sohm AI the Adventurer Squad characters once you level their orders and set them right are so OP'd that they steamroll through bosses ignoring mechanics lol Their lvl.54 dps has like 16-17k HP and my lvl.54 Tank with full best of slot lvl.53 gear has like 11k HP -_- I've never seen them die, but I've died! The only time I still have to do the engage thing is on the Tahlia dragon boss in the meteor dropping mid-point you have to attack the two wings and break them and so I still have to manually tell them to do that. But otherwise I can power through the first two bosses ignoring all the adds.

If they just specifically programmed the AI for each boss so DPS would DPS adds when they spawn it'd actually be playable AI, but as is you have to work around it and some dungeons work some don't.

One of the nice things of doing a dungeon with AI is you get every drop so you walk out with like 9-10 pieces of the gear set. Now most of the time they still aren't your class, but you can then trade them all in at the GC and get like 5-10k seals per dungeon run. Ain't bad!

Just need to do the lvl.54 job quest for my DRK and then try doing the alliance raid roulette for the daily xp. I've yet to try to tank any of the 3 Crystal Towers. So I wanna do it, but I also am a little worried of fucking up since there's only 1 tank per party and I don't remember the mechanics for the fights.

I think I'll definitely be sticking with this and getting my DRK to 70 in the next month. Then I'll just need to figure out if I wanna grind out a healer to 70 before Shadowbringers so I can fill any slot needed. I'm leaning towards White Mage for old-school FF nostalgia and have a conjurer at lvl.27. But Astrologian also seems interesting and has the best looking weapons. But RNG :\ I kinda wish Dancer was a healer as I'd totally do that.

Still might do Dancer in Shadowbringers so I have a Tank, Healer, Melee DPS and Ranged DPS class which all play out kinda differently.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1558 on: April 25, 2019, 02:08:53 AM »
I have never played an mmo and dl'd this. Seems a little daunting, but I've wanted to try one for a while, looking for a new FF/rpg to play, XV wasn't doing it for me and I figured this would prob me more interesting than replaying XII ZE on Switch. Also watched that noclip doco on the development up to Heavensward and despite it being a pretty standard talking heads affair, the team were all super like-able and the story was really good soooo I'm in. Yoshida mentions in the doco the team purposefully develops the game so you can play it pretty casually and still see most of the content which allayed my concerns a bit. Is that true? 

When signing up, i found i'd made a squeenix account and signed up for the beta for this back in 2009  :doge
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #1559 on: April 25, 2019, 03:04:12 AM »
Yeah, you can play casually. The main problem is that even the “fixed” FF14 which is the ver 2.0 initial campaign...is kinda boring and long and sucks and you can’t fly in the areas from it and the battle system doesn’t get much fun until lvl.50.

I don’t remember but I thought with stormblood they added a $20 skip potion, but maybe that’s just for leveling and you still can’t skip the first storyline. The stuff after the credits roll is great, tons and tons of good post-content even before you get to Heavensward. But seriously best recommendation is to just power through the A Realm Reborn/ARR/2.0 main storyline as fast as you can to get to the good stuff.