Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 213489 times)

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #1740 on: July 09, 2019, 01:57:23 AM »
Played a bunch and hit the lvl.74 wall like midway through 74. That is...a lot of xp. I did a leveling queue expecting it to fill like 50% of my bar and it only did like 20-25%, did a 50/60/70s dungeon one after and still wasn't there. Alliance Raid for tanks has a 30+ min queue so did a normal raid and a bunch of quests and got there. Made it to Fanow, area looks pretty nice. Will try to get to the lvl.75 dungeon next time.

Hoping to get to 80 and beat the MSQ before the raid comes out so I can be there for week 1. Will be close since I think it's out in like a week and I feel like I'm only about halfway through the MSQ.

Also I got Aurum Vale (44) and Snowcloak (50) in my roulettes and man did they buff all the jobs and simplify them to the point where <50 and 50 stuff is a joke. Aurum Vale was not really that terrible now? I swear we cleared it from start to finish in like 12 mins lol. Everything just melted, was pretty crazy. I feel bad for people just starting with ARR now, the jobs are so simple until like 60 which is the old 50. It's like 60 is decent rotation, 70 is more complete rotation and 80 should be mildly complex rotation although I'm still not entirely sure about that. At least for DRK it really feels like they dumbed down the job and made it super simple rotation so far.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:05:36 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #1741 on: July 09, 2019, 04:41:48 AM »
Ended up playing a little further and got to the 75 dungeon and did up through the first boss with cpu to check it out. Some nice scenes before the dungeon. Liked the instance before it too. The first boss in the 75 dungeon I couldn't figure out how to dodge his main attack. Had 6 vuln stacks at the end and barely beat it lol, going to try to figure out how to dodge it next time.

One thing I don't like in this expansion is I feel like the villians are pretty lame. For as much shit as I gave Zenos for being way too OP in the story, the 3 Kingdoms general guy in this is kinda lame and ridiculous in power levels and Vaurth is straight out of Fist of the North Star ridiculousness. Hopefully as it gets towards the end this gets better.

Bebpo

« Reply #1742 on: July 10, 2019, 02:48:07 AM »
Only had about 2 hours to play so basically just did the lvl.75 dungeon and cutscenes after. Pretty fun, but I'm having terrible luck with loot. Not a single tank drop for my DRK and the auto-one they give you at the end was a dumb ring :(

But then another level-gate whooo, 2 levels in a row now. Kinda an odd place to do it but w/e, about 4 mil xp short of 76 so will run that dungeon a couple more times and maybe get some gear in the process before moving on. I'm guessing that the msq just gives up supplying enough xp at this point and every level the msq will give like 1/2 a level in xp and the 1/2 is hey go find it yourself? One of the things I really don't miss about the post-game MSQ in FF14 is the level-gating. I feel like these days expansions should just give 100% enough xp to get through the msq from start to finish. You've got plenty of grind with endgame and sub-jobs.

Oh well, got my flying too so 3 maps down, 3 to go for that. So much nicer doing sidequests when you can just fly around to them.

This screenshot came out nice even if there's not much to it.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:56:26 AM by Bebpo »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1743 on: July 10, 2019, 11:25:55 AM »
I only gated once to 80 :lol

Had work so haven’t been able to play since Saturday, at last area.

Bebpo

« Reply #1744 on: July 10, 2019, 12:34:09 PM »
That’s...not possible if all you were doing was msq & blu + quests and a few fates, hunts each day. I mean the # of msq quests is fixed.

Were you running daily roulettes each day?

Bebpo

« Reply #1745 on: July 10, 2019, 07:03:49 PM »
Yeah, looking forward to talking about the plot when I finish. I like some of the Ascian stuff going on.

That’s...not possible if all you were doing was msq & blu + quests and a few fates, hunts each day. I mean the # of msq quests is fixed.

I did hunts and whatever sightseeing spots I saw casually, along with the leveling queue on the mornings I played. Oh, and FATEs dish out half a million exp with the boost... certain really fast, easy FATEs chain like the Godzilla looking monster in Rak'Tika

I only got level gated on ->80, (just called it a night and did the queue the next morning, and ->78 (Just finished a few FATEs and cleared my hunts)

Yeah, on weeknights I've only been getting 1-2 hours in so haven't been doing roulette queues so I can just focus on the story & a little gathering/GC turn-ins/retainer restock. Probably only doing like 1-2 fates a session too, only found one fate chains so far this expansion that was active with players.

If I can will start trying to fit in some more leveling queues. I wish the MSQ dungeons paid out better xp. I'm still on rested xp (never caught up) and +15% battle xp scroll + 3% food so I'm getting +68% on dungeon enemies and bosses but I feel like a run in a dungeon only gives a couple million xp? (like 10-20% of a level). I'd like to re-run the dungeons a few times for their cool looking gear sets (and yeah, dungeon gear sets are for glamor only since the MSQ gives you better gear anyone with the quests), but the xp payout is so little and they take a good 30-40 mins so it's hard to do it more than like 2-3 times max before it just feels like a boring grind.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1746 on: July 10, 2019, 09:00:41 PM »

all the roulettes are back to  tank in need  :rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #1747 on: July 10, 2019, 11:41:06 PM »
Yeah, looking forward to talking about the plot when I finish. I like some of the Ascian stuff going on.

I did hunts and whatever sightseeing spots I saw casually, along with the leveling queue on the mornings I played. Oh, and FATEs dish out half a million exp with the boost... certain really fast, easy FATEs chain like the Godzilla looking monster in Rak'Tika

I only got level gated on ->80, (just called it a night and did the queue the next morning, and ->78 (Just finished a few FATEs and cleared my hunts)

Yeah, on weeknights I've only been getting 1-2 hours in so haven't been doing roulette queues so I can just focus on the story & a little gathering/GC turn-ins/retainer restock. Probably only doing like 1-2 fates a session too, only found one fate chains so far this expansion that was active with players.

If I can will start trying to fit in some more leveling queues. I wish the MSQ dungeons paid out better xp. I'm still on rested xp (never caught up) and +15% battle xp scroll + 3% food so I'm getting +68% on dungeon enemies and bosses but I feel like a run in a dungeon only gives a couple million xp? (like 10-20% of a level). I'd like to re-run the dungeons a few times for their cool looking gear sets (and yeah, dungeon gear sets are for glamor only since the MSQ gives you better gear anyone with the quests), but the xp payout is so little and they take a good 30-40 mins so it's hard to do it more than like 2-3 times max before it just feels like a boring grind.
Someone did the math, apparently dungeons give less exp than running older dungeons? Either that, or that they give less exp in comparison with older expansions.

That said, hunts/FATEs/roulettes are extremely boosted. Way more than they've ever been.

They also did this thing where yellow scrips get maxed out immediately & they lowered the amount for equipment... and that equipment carries your botanist/miner all the way to level 80, whereas the need to constantly gear up was part of the progression. My botanist is already level ~79.8 just by doing all the turn-ins and quests, I think I maybe grinded out a stack or two of weaver mats?

Still, they're playing around with casual progression + diversification.

The last dungeon & trial is definitely built to keep any weak players out of endgame though, even the endgame dungeons (save one final boss) are pretty easy damage sponges.

Weird on the dungeons xp. Yeah I remember older dungeons being better xp payout. The old mantra was always "do leveling roulette and then keep doing highest dungeon" but that's definitely not the most efficient now.

And yeah, I had maxed gear on all my crafters/gatherers so blue i350 gear and at 74 it still is better than all the new gear. Could see that being the case until 78 maybe, I feel like HQ 76 might be a few stats higher.

Bebpo

« Reply #1748 on: July 11, 2019, 02:23:12 AM »
So I was waiting for an alliance raid DR and it was a 30 min+ wait for tank so I sat in the forest just doing all the fates that popped up and I got the 4 million xp I needed in about 30 mins of that right before the queue popped. Still did that and leveling roulette run to get an 11 million xp head start into 76 which will hopefully carry me to 77, but yeah fate xp is pretty good in this, would be even better if there was more than 1 other player doing them with me since they'd go a lot faster, but still pretty quick. Next time I get story-gated will just grind fates in the highest level area I'm in.

Will pick up the story and get to the next area hopefully tomorrow.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1749 on: July 11, 2019, 10:43:46 AM »

Roulettes erry day, almost all of the non-blue quests (past wind shards/currents, etc) were left for alt jobs.

Gonna try and power through MSQ before weekend as may not have power due to storm.  :-\

Bebpo

« Reply #1750 on: July 11, 2019, 03:33:08 PM »
Was reading up last night on the 3 jobs I'm playing to see how their lvl.80 rotations are. Seems like DRK while totally changed pretty much gets nothing that changes the rotation after 72 lol and even at 80 it's still only has a single 1-2-3 combo with some burst options and a couple cooldowns. It's a really simple job and I guess they want you to focus less on rotations and dps and more on just tanking and using cooldowns often? I know most people didn't like the dark arts weaving in Stormblood, but I prefer that to this because there was more shit for me to do and fuck up and it kept me on my toes. Easy rotations are like playing rpgs and just mashing A button to attack in random battles.

Ninja job sounds like they made it more complex and you're like double/triple weaving shit everywhere, but it does -20% DPS than most other DPS jobs lol, so what I'm reading is that NIN players are kinda pissed because they have a super hard job that doesn't do good damage to reward all the hard work. The upshot is their trick attack utility for basically +10% all party damage for 10 secs every minute or so. Unlike DRK which is stuck with it's simple ass rotation until next expansion, NIN's issues sound like a just adjusting potency numbers upwards for NIN to bring it in line with other DPS would fix NIN and make it a very complex, exciting rotation that rewards skills for good damage.

White Mage job sounds basically the same as a Stormblood except Holy is a little better and they have a big nuke DPS attack and some more weaker instant heals. As healing overall is apparently down 30% in potency this expansion, all that instant heals should make the job do about the same but with a little more work having to use all your heals. So basically about the same (good) but a little weaker in potency which in turn makes it a little more exciting in play. Sounds ok.

I feel like after I get the 3 to 80 I'll probably main WHM for post-expansion content. Feels like the best middle ground of not insane rotation but not fall asleep boring either. I really liked NIN's rotation in Stormblood. It took me months to nail it consistently but was satisfying doing the opener every raid/ex fight after, if I can get this faster new rotation in maybe I'll still main NIN, but everyone is saying on Ex/Savage stuff right now no one wants NIN in their party because the DPS is worse >:(

Will be interesting to see what balancing the first patch brings. I remember PLD got nerfed in the first Stormblood patch (though they still seemed like the best tank and right now they seem like the best tank in shadowbringers as well, PLD players seem happy with the changes/additions).

Debating what job I'd do next if I want a ranged DPS. I've always been interested in Machinist, and apparently now that they fixed whatever was wrong with it in Stormblood it feels good to play. But I also like the concept of Red Mage, though what I'm reading is in Shadowbringers they barely changed/gave anything to the job at all so it's basically the same as it was in Stormblood. Or Dancer for the dancing and utility stuff, I haven't really looked into how Dancer plays, so I should look into that.

Bebpo

« Reply #1751 on: July 11, 2019, 03:49:42 PM »
That being said, if I go Machinist I’m buying a jump potion to 70. I’m 100% done leveling any job to 50 again. At least 50 on you got beast tribes which I haven’t finished yet (close), good dungeons, alliance roulette and a solid rotation to start with.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1752 on: July 11, 2019, 03:52:18 PM »
haha back to Copperbell Mines with you.

Bebpo

« Reply #1753 on: July 11, 2019, 04:05:17 PM »
haha back to Copperbell Mines with you.

Last two leveling roulettes with DRK I got Aurum Vale & Dzeamold Darkhold :(
I bet next one gets me Cutter's Cry
feels like people are trolling shadowbringers players by making them get the shitty dungeons in leveling roulette lol

Although I do like that the dev team's idea this expansion was "let's super fuck with most of the jobs but we'll buff everything so even if they're broken they'll be fine in lower level content". ARR dungeons take like <15 mins now because everything melts so fast it doesn't matter that you only have like 4 buttons to use.

*edit*

Another observation is that if DRK is more made for tanking, probably the reason I'm not super thrilled with it is that going through the MSQ I'm almost never tanking, just DPS-ing so it's less satisfying. In endgame raids/bosses where I actually tank I might like DRK a lot more.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:27:50 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #1754 on: July 12, 2019, 05:10:32 AM »
Screenshots stuff

When you're happy you made a sightseeing spot in a city:

Likewise (and lol at the floating). Those pin-point spots are EVIL

Random happiness:

Dragon Age 2 Camera:

[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1755 on: July 12, 2019, 05:20:50 AM »

Also I think the game's already ready to ditch instances. Outside the Chrystarium which tends to have about 60-180 per instance depending on the time/day, I've never seen a field map pass 100 people in any instance. No Ixion or anything so people are spread around if they're still playing.

Bebpo

« Reply #1756 on: July 12, 2019, 12:50:49 PM »
Oh and so last night I was playing for a few hours and was in the Ahm Ahrang or whatever 2nd half area and was still on my way to the next teleport crystal and then BAM CONNECTION TO SERVER LOST and then I'm on the title screen and CONNECTION TO LOBBY LOST and it boots me from the game. I check and my internet connection and it's still up so I'm like wtf and then Mog Station I try to sign in and it's like you have no account and I'm all wtf is going on.

...turns out a few months ago I turned my 6 month auto-renewal off auto-renewing and my sub ran out in the middle of the night while I was playing and the game booted me  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1757 on: July 12, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »
I saw the servers are going offline on Monday night for Raid being up Tuesday.

How far from the end of the MSQ am I? I don't have any plans tonight or tomorrow so should get a good amount in this weekend. Just about to hit 77. Would like to finish the MSQ by Tuesday so I can jump on the (normal) raid for week 1 and get my drops.

Bebpo

« Reply #1758 on: July 12, 2019, 11:05:51 PM »
Oh well, that's fine. No point in crazy rushing at this spot. I'll just try to finish it by next weekend and get my week 1 raid drops over the weekend.

I don't think I'm gonna have to worry anymore about level-gating, since the 75->76 spot I've been doing a shitload of fate chains and I always do hunts if I see them (don't really go out of my way to find them, just grab new posters each day and kill any enemy I see with a marker) and I feel like I'm at least 1/2 level ahead of the MSQ where I am. Gonna keep trying to stay ahead and avoid getting gated.

One random thing I was wondering playing the other day, a dungeon enemy in this expansion ~lvl.75 dungeon is worth about 50k xp. A lvl.75 enemy on the field is worth like...3k. Like outside of ambiance, I don't understand why field monsters even exist other than the select few that are daily hunts. Like this is my first MMO and I'm used to single player rpgs where overworld enemies give normal xp that you can grind on, but here when you need 25 million, good luck grinding a 3k xp enemy. They don't even melt that fast if they're around the same level as your character.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1759 on: July 12, 2019, 11:28:35 PM »
MSQ ended great although it dragged a bit toward the end. 

Last fight was :whew but LAWDY is it gonna suck in every other PF.

Beb I think you have a ways to go.

Bebpo

« Reply #1760 on: July 13, 2019, 12:14:30 AM »
Damn, didn't realize I was that far off. I mean I figure I just have 2 halves of maps to go (so basically 1 map worth) and the final dungeon map.
Sounds like a lot of stuff is going to happen  :omg

Bebpo

« Reply #1761 on: July 13, 2019, 05:11:20 AM »
Got from Twine mining to the lvl.77 dungeon and did the dungeon and got my flying on, back to Chrystarium now. About halfway through lvl.77 xp-wise.

So story-wise BIG SPOILERS
The Thancred fight got me nervous because these long scripted fights can suck if something glitches 15 mins in or something and you die and have to sit through it all again. Like this happened on the 4.55 zenos fight for me. This one went ok though.

then they kill Thancred and it's like oh shit!

then after the dungeon he's still alive and it's oh ok. I normally hate fake out deaths because you can almost always tell when a death scene isn't real and so it just feels lame and forced and you're just waiting for them to come back, but this was one of the only times it got me and I really thought Thancred was dead. Made sense, he'd been given all these cutscenes lately and flashbacks and stuff and FFXIV's just killed off main characters before, and they do that flash effect thing at the end of his death scene that made it seem like damn they really killed off another scion.

So instead of being lame when Thancred is shown still alive, it's actually kinda nice because at least I really thought he was dead and him and Y'shtola are the only good Scions. Urianger can go die in a fire with how boring he is. 4 games later and the twins are still tolerable at best.

I like Ryne though. I was really hoping they weren't going to bring Minfilia back because like a lot of the dead/ditched Scions, she was boring as hell and her JP voice is kinda of headache inducing. Plus Ryne has a better campaign the way they wrote it and actually has a good JP voice. So was really happy when they kill off Minfilia again :D

This is one of the spots in the story where I felt Shadowbringers was living up to the hype. The Thancred/Ryne sub-plot throughout was kinda annoying at times in a just talk to her way, but it worked and it built up over time to give a very satisfying scene between Thancred/Ryne when she comes back after the dungeon. I don't really remember the plot in the beginning of the game/lakeland but the fairy story had a good climax, the Night Blessed arc had a good climax, and now Ahm Araeg has had a 3rd good climax to a quest/arc as well. Story's been pretty satisfying since we got to the Fauth.
[close]

Oh and I did the lvl.77 dungeon with AI only cause was tired and didn't want to have to play well. Other than taking like 40-45 mins, was fine. The AI is almost too good even if their dps sucks, on new bosses I can pretty much just watch what they do to learn the boss mechanics before I see them.

Bebpo

« Reply #1762 on: July 13, 2019, 11:07:27 PM »
Thought I'd have all day to get through the msq but slept in and didn't get up until like 4pm. Lol, so much for a free day. Feeling pretty good about my xp though, did the 77 dungeon again and a leveling roulette on the 75 dungeon and an alliance raid + daily hunts and I'm halfway to lvl.79 and I haven't even gotten to the lvl.77 trial so I've got to be at least 1 level ahead xp-wise. Gonna see if the MSQ takes me to 80 from this point without any additional duty roulettes.

I also feel like playing through an expansion from start to finish as a tank for the first time has made me pretty comfortable tanking even though I only started DRK in May. Feel like I'm a pretty solid tank now. Though I still have never done a tank swap because I've never fought anything that required it. One day I will tank swap!

I've been leveling my gatherers every day from GC turn-ins and a little fishing and gathering here and there. All 3 are at lvl.75 already, so should be quick to get them to 80 once I finish the MSQ. Haven't really touched my crafters. That'll be the time consuming leveling from 70-80 for sure while I'm getting my NIN/WHM to 80 as well.

Chooky

« Reply #1763 on: July 13, 2019, 11:40:38 PM »
man eulmore and the surrounding countryside are huuuuge. feel like i barely did anything today besides talking to npcs, and i havent even explored the northern area of the map.

also lol at them putting a strip club in this game. erps rejoicing.

Bebpo

« Reply #1764 on: July 14, 2019, 04:19:23 AM »

Best helmet is best
[close]

also, hey they are changing things up!

no trial at 77, but probably trial at 78 instead. BIG CHANGES :P
[close]

Story-spoiler-stuff
They've been doing a good job with Emelt-Sech in this expansion. It's nice having a non-one dimensional villain like Vauthry/Zenos/Ran'Jit/Evil Pope/etc....

I'm actually pretty on-board with him at this point. Would rather join up with team Ascian than team Scion.
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1765 on: July 14, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
Been busy lately so haven't played much but got in some time last night and made it to Susano. Fun trial with great music, I really liked it! Also I dunno if it's the same dude but his voice sounds a lot like Storm Spirit from Dota 2.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1766 on: July 14, 2019, 03:34:36 PM »
Bad weather with no power loss meant could crack out some more, got to do the two level 80 dungeons. Both fun/not bad for the most part but Twinning final boss sucks to heal, that or I drank more than I thought. I kept getting zapped.  :lol

May try eden once or twice but not really hype for tbh. I am more excited about bringing up other jobs now...but will be taking it slower for a bit I think as have played a ton in past few weeks, probably a bit burnt out. Haven't unlocked DNC or GNB, touched any DoH/L past initial one level so there is a ton to do still, I will be taking time though.

Good expansion overall, think I will be playing for a while.

Chooky

« Reply #1767 on: July 14, 2019, 03:36:28 PM »
going super slow and only just beat the first dungeon, but man the story is pretty cool so far. the game also feels larger than the previous two expansions, but maybe that's just me being so impressed right now.

remy

« Reply #1768 on: July 15, 2019, 02:20:45 AM »
Just did the 78 Trial

Emet Selch stuff was pretty interesting, but not too shocking. the writing in this game... or at least in the english translation never fails to surprise me though. only jrpg where people don't speak like google translate.

Real shook by the "flashback"? of someone reading heavensward in the midst of an apocolypse suggesting it'd be better if it happened after ala mhigo is liberated?? what world is this??
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1769 on: July 15, 2019, 03:01:35 AM »
Wait, what??? Was the 78 trial optional or something?
I just hit the lvl.79 dungeon (barely squeezed into 79) and I still haven't had any trials since lvl.73. Will do the dungeon tomorrow before servers go down.

Also, when people talk about that "part where the expansion drags for a while before getting good again" the upper rung stuff? Because man that was boring. Especially when I had to redo the instance 10 mins in and sit through all the scripted stuff again because the dumbass Exarch guy sat in too many AoEs and died :|

remy

« Reply #1770 on: July 15, 2019, 03:28:07 AM »
Lol, sorry, I meant dungeon. More like 77 dungeon.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1771 on: July 15, 2019, 08:54:13 AM »
Wait, what??? Was the 78 trial optional or something?
I just hit the lvl.79 dungeon (barely squeezed into 79) and I still haven't had any trials since lvl.73. Will do the dungeon tomorrow before servers go down.

Also, when people talk about that "part where the expansion drags for a while before getting good again" the upper rung stuff? Because man that was boring. Especially when I had to redo the instance 10 mins in and sit through all the scripted stuff again because the dumbass Exarch guy sat in too many AoEs and died :|

yes. that's the part I was talking about dragging.  :lol

it pads a bit there then there is some cool stuff, then more padding, then omg.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1772 on: July 15, 2019, 09:08:14 PM »
Had a quest where I had to dress up as an Imperial so I needed to get a shot of that

Bebpo

« Reply #1773 on: July 15, 2019, 09:09:03 PM »
oooh, nice shot.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1774 on: July 15, 2019, 09:15:21 PM »
Thanks :) Got an alternate shot with my pet in the background :lol

Chooky

« Reply #1775 on: July 15, 2019, 09:31:56 PM »
black cat is absolutely the best minion very fine taste there

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1776 on: July 15, 2019, 11:23:30 PM »
Also created and saved a viera appearance. Maybe one day I'll pull the trigger.

Bebpo

« Reply #1777 on: July 15, 2019, 11:24:54 PM »
Lvl.79 dungeon was cool. Then I queued up for the trial and it popped and I confirmed only to realize I hadn't un-queued the lvl.79 dungeon and that was what popped so ended up doing it twice -_- Got me halfway to lvl.80 and filled out my right side slots in lvl.79 gear so I guess it's alright.

Trial was alright, maybe because the game's been out too long at this point but everyone knows what to do and the only thing I needed to know was to attack the tethered enemy during the dps check and the rest was just dodge stuff and keep wacking. Tatania seemed tougher, but it was earlier when fewer people knew what they are doing. I think half our party that time was new whereas I was the only new person on this 2nd trial.

So.many.cutscenes.and.minor.quests.afterwards

Was hoping to get to the final map before servers go down so I could see what it looks like but started to fall asleep in these quests so I gotta take a break and will get to the last area tomorrow. Hopefully it's pretty short and I shouldn't have to grind since I'm not that far from 80 already so maybe I can finish the MSQ tomorrow night and unlock the Eden raid? Idk, if not I'll do it Wednesday I guess.

remy

« Reply #1778 on: July 15, 2019, 11:51:29 PM »
Also created and saved a viera appearance. Maybe one day I'll pull the trigger.
(Image removed from quote.)
:rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #1779 on: July 16, 2019, 01:54:25 AM »
Yeah, 79 was pretty fun for tanking. Was the first dungeon where I'd almost die in pulls and really had to rotate cooldowns/popping TBN for DRK. Lotta fun. Bosses also had decent mechanics. I sorta feel like dungeons are better for tank & healer than DPS in general. For tank you can always play the fun meta-game of how much can I pull and just barely glass cannon stay alive and for healers it's the how the fuck do I keep my crazy tank alive panic mode. DPS just sit and do AoE attacks on mobs zzz, but get thrown some fun patterns on the bosses to dodge.

I did about half my role quest, yeah gonna go and finish it tomorrow before getting back to the msq.

I also think after I finish the MSQ, role quest, do the DRK 80 job quest, and do a run of the new raid tier I'm gonna take a break for a few weeks outside 1 night weekly raid run. I'm feeling pretty burnt out at this point. Like, normally I get in maybe 10-20 hours a week of gaming. I marathoned Baldur's Gate EE last month and played a ton and beat it around 40 hours in ~2 weeks. Right now I'm like 70 hours on Shadowbringers in 2 weeks all while working full time, going on multiple dates, social stuff with friends each week and 4th of July holiday stuff. At first I was taking it slow at my own pace and enjoying it, but last few days I've been kinda rushing to try to make the Eden raid and it's burning me the fuck out.

Next expansion I'm gonna say fuck being there day 1 for the raid tier pt.1 and just take my slow ass time to play regularly and take a month to get through the msq and enjoy it. While I love the day 1 of boss fights where no one knows what they're doing and it's wipe city learning mechanics, can still get that for raid tier pt.2 & pt.3 later on.

remy

« Reply #1780 on: July 16, 2019, 08:40:19 AM »
Just before the 79 trial.

fat boy gonna get his ass put to the sword!!!
[close]

I feel like I'm like a day behind Bebpo which has been interesting, fun. A lot of your thoughts mirror mine btw. kinda interested to see what this trial is like, but for some reason my queue is like... over ten minutes? The dungeon was great

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1781 on: July 16, 2019, 11:57:53 AM »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1782 on: July 16, 2019, 01:49:42 PM »
 :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #1783 on: July 16, 2019, 03:53:39 PM »
Got to the last map this morning before work. Cool stuff. Only 1 teleport station again just like HW ;_; Even in Stormblood the teleport stations were always a pain away from everything gathering-wise, but at least there were 2 :(

Also one of my minor complaints is as someone whose a big fan of the new beast tribes in each expansion, having this expansion be
parallel Eorza so the beast tribes are mostly just the ARR ones reskinned is a little disappointing. At least Il Mheg has a few new ones.

Oh and what the heck is up with Upper Rung having Red Dwarf tribe, with their own town, that's never even used. Instead of the boring questing up there, could've done something fun with the 2 dwarf tribes. Guessing they'll be related to a beast tribe or something...
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1784 on: July 16, 2019, 04:11:23 PM »
I'd rather it be small if it's only 1 teleport tbh. Getting around that last HW map is a paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain because everything is so spread out. Someone calls a Hunt there, good luck getting to it before it's pulled :|

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1785 on: July 16, 2019, 05:39:35 PM »
not talking spoilers yet. :kermit

Bebpo

« Reply #1786 on: July 16, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »
Me and Remy'll be there soon!

Also I hope since they went all fantasy with this expansion (hence Yoshi-P's comments about making an FF that was pure fantasy without the sci-fi tech and everyone thought he was talking about FF16), that the next expansion is like SCI-FI FF and everything is crazy magitek everywhere. I want to go to space in FF8's Ragnorak next xpac!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1787 on: July 16, 2019, 09:51:58 PM »
this random annoying kid in this nothing village in doma is gonna be a real issue. i can already tell >:(

Bebpo

« Reply #1788 on: July 17, 2019, 01:38:10 AM »
Ended up hitting the gym and getting drinks with an old friend tonight instead, oh well. Remy can catch up today and tomorrow we'll both beat it ;)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1789 on: July 17, 2019, 08:38:38 AM »
this random annoying kid in this nothing village in doma is gonna be a real issue. i can already tell >:(
well that turned out better than expected. i figured he was gonna rat me out to zenos/anime hair lady but he was a bro instead. :D

remy

« Reply #1790 on: July 17, 2019, 10:21:55 AM »
Lol I went through the exact same arc with that kid.

Meanwhile, I made a bunch of progress today. Still not posting spoilers cuz this shit is god damn interesting. Shame that the last area is just that one placce with the beast tribe.

Also: I appreciate the catch up time Bebpo :D

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1791 on: July 17, 2019, 07:19:40 PM »
One day I will not make a new glamour before heading out to do stuff in game. Today is not that day.

[close]

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1792 on: July 17, 2019, 08:16:45 PM »
Sidetracked by the true endgame...

Bebpo

« Reply #1793 on: July 17, 2019, 08:37:04 PM »
Did the role quest through 78 since not 80 yet and then got to the MSQ part where you need it. ~5 million xp short of 80, did some Fates but 300k or 700k for xp+ still gonna take a while for 5 mil. Just gonna run a leveling queue in a bit.

Bebpo

« Reply #1794 on: July 18, 2019, 03:53:55 AM »
This endgame msq is neat. This is a pretty massive expansion between the MSQ, role quests, hopefully decent job quests (although they've really shredded job quests here, you don't even get your job gear set or final skill from it!), etc...

Probably not gonna finish this tonight, but hoping to get to the final dungeon soon and then just do the dungeon/trial/ending/job quest/bonus dungeons/raid set tomorrow.

Also the english translation for this expansion feels like someone just discovered the word Indolence. I don't think I've ever seen it used before and they've used it like a dozen times in the MSQ.

Bebpo

« Reply #1795 on: July 18, 2019, 05:14:12 AM »
Ok, got to the final dungeon, will finish tomorrow.

Story-spoilz
Still siding more with Emelt-Sech than the main cast. Too bad we're gonna have to kill him.

my favorite bit of the msq there:
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1796 on: July 18, 2019, 03:33:14 PM »
Beat the msq

That was some damn good shit.

:lawd

I see why people give high praises for this expansion. It has some great highs, a few lows and a really strong finish. I’d say this was as good as Heavensward 3.0-3.3. Definitely a cut above Stormblood which suffered in story from the two locations split. Still, Otherd maps rule.

They could’ve ended the expansion on the previous boss and then everything after be 5.1-5.3 with this final boss being the epilogue boss, but definitely satisfying they did it this way.

I still have some reservations with the sin eaters storyline, which seems even more like filler now and the real stuff was the endgame story.

Like you beat the Wardens and their barriers and that’s it? Doesn’t that just clear the radius of Noverant? I figured you’d fight the Wardens boss, aka this planet’s hydelin/god and restore night to the whole world.

I hope that’s where 3.1-3.3 goes. Because otherwise not super satisfied with that side of the story. Also the way MC just got rid of the light in the boss fight seems kinda deus ex machina. I thought the whole point of Ardbert’s touching and continued existence was that Ardbert was there to absorb the light and die saving the MC.

But yeah, super satisfied with Emelt-Sech. Best Final Fantasy villain since idk Sephiroth? FF has issues with developing more than one-dimensional antagonists. So this was very nice. Also basically concludes the Ascians original Zodiark plan, so it’ll be interesting what they do with the rest of them. I’m guessing they’ll give them all their own individual agendas at this point and there will be a lot of in-fighting and some good guy Ascians at some point.

Last dungeon wasn’t too bad but had fun boss patterns. Final boss seemed a little too easy/simple in phase 1, but phase 2 was a great final boss. We lost 3 people and had to replenish. I like the DPS check at the end. I think the Ex version of this fight could be really satisfying in a God-Kefka, Neo-Exdeath/Omega kinda savage tier way.
[close]

Now time for Eden, bonus dungeons and DRK job quest!

Bebpo

« Reply #1797 on: July 18, 2019, 04:40:46 PM »
Big spoilers for Shadowbringers ending:

Yeah, I could see Eden being the big boss of light.

I also feel like they’ve been setting up Zenos trial for 5.3 since Stormblood’s after scenario. I’ll be glad when we finally get that trial and past it because honestly I feel like Zenos sucks at this point. He’s such a comical one line villian and SE is trying to make him the flagship antagonist just because he has cool armor.

Wasn’t super happy when he killed Varis. Varis actually seemed like a layered interesting antagonist who was a smart commander and was also against the Ascians. Seems like a bit of a misfire to take him out before the next expansion assuming it’s in Garlemaed. All just to put more focus on Zenos yawn. Let’s kill him in 3.3 and move on.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1798 on: July 18, 2019, 05:24:05 PM »
I'm thinking that they're setting up a new threat.

The people who wrote this expansion knew what they were doing yet, they left Zenos as someone who is only going after WoL (and wants to see the power of Hydaelyn and Zodiark clash), and the last Ascian is an empty canvas for the most part.

With word that the next expansion will probably be wrapping up this story arc, I'm wondering what they plan to do.
[close]

Yeah, I can see the next expansion wrapping everything up. I mean there's one real ascian left and garlemead is now without a leader and there's probably going to be a bunch of chaos going on. So an expansion dealing with the city and the last ascian would basically wrap everything up.

There's also some hints in Shadowbringers about what can be the next arc since Emel Secht pretty much says when something comes to threaten the entire planet are you guys going to be able to stand up to it. Next arc can deal with a major planet-wide disaster either coming from outer space, other dimensions or some internal planet issues like the ascians dealt with.

But it would be pretty funny if they kill off Eldibus in the next few patches before the next expansion and just completely end the ascian story even before that.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1799 on: July 18, 2019, 06:47:12 PM »
The first Eden raid is really good for a normal difficulty raid. Feels more complex like the 3rd/4th raids rather than an opening one in the first tier. I looked at some of the gear sets and Dragoon/Ninja get some nice looking sets.

*edit* Also did Twinning which was a lot of fun. The last boss is great and like mini-raid boss. Taking a break for a bit before doing the other bonus dungeon and getting back to Eden raid.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:52:20 PM by Bebpo »