Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 213425 times)

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #2280 on: August 16, 2020, 03:11:33 PM »
Didn't watch the ending cutscene last night (though it had a credit roll) and just watched it. Nice ending to Shadowbringers. Pretty quality story campaign overall.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nm about no more Ascians, although no one cares about these lame ass ones, also no one cares about Zenos anymore, so they've got their work cut out for them in making a great story next expansion.
[close]

It's also WEIRD how in the ending cutscene they're still referring to the next expansion as "the final chapter in the story of this star". Like I know originally the plot outline had the plot finishing in 6.0 or 6.3 or 6.5 next expansion, but I'm pretty sure they've already said the game is going to keep going, so why are they talking about the next expansion like it's the last one at this point. Is the expansion after going to have everyone teleport to some other universe and start a new story arc there or something? Will be interesting to see, but it sure sounds like next expansion should have a very big epic ending.

Bebpo

« Reply #2281 on: August 17, 2020, 06:05:54 PM »
Sounds like a newbie that doesn't know how to play and is trying to shift the blame.

Bebpo

« Reply #2282 on: August 17, 2020, 06:58:03 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty odd. Feels kind of pointless trolling in dungeons in this game since you're just wasting your own time too.

Freyj

« Reply #2283 on: August 28, 2020, 02:20:44 AM »
Finally finished 4.0 after getting most of the way through 68 on NIN and dropping it for no good reason at launch. Leveled up DNC instead and love it so far. Kind of reminds me of when Blizzard would add new classes to WoW that really seemed like retooled existing class revamps. Steps really feel like friendlier Mudras.

The 4.0 MSQ was kinda whatever? At least compared to what I remember of Heavensward. Zenos just isn’t that interesting tbh. Hopefully 4.1+ is better.

Bebpo

« Reply #2284 on: August 28, 2020, 03:14:35 AM »
Finally finished 4.0 after getting most of the way through 68 on NIN and dropping it for no good reason at launch. Leveled up DNC instead and love it so far. Kind of reminds me of when Blizzard would add new classes to WoW that really seemed like retooled existing class revamps. Steps really feel like friendlier Mudras.

The 4.0 MSQ was kinda whatever? At least compared to what I remember of Heavensward. Zenos just isn’t that interesting tbh. Hopefully 4.1+ is better.

:teehee

I agree, but unfortunately SE thinks "looking badass" makes him a character everyone loves. Kinda reminds me of Lightning.

Luckily Shadowbringers antagonist is actually the best antagonist in an FF game since like FF7, which is one of the several reasons Shadowbringers story is better than Stormblood.

I still like Stormblood's story, but yeah it felt a step down from Heavensward's plot. That being said, the side content in Stormblood is A++ with the Omega Raid and The Ivalice raid so make sure you do those.

Freyj

« Reply #2285 on: August 31, 2020, 01:24:39 PM »
Finished 4.1 - 4.56 over the weekend. I would probably put Stormblood slightly above most of ARR but lower than the later stuff in ARR that led into Heavensward. Felt like story beats that needed to happen to get from A to B but they didn’t necessarily have anything really interesting to do with those story beats.

And yeah that handles my disappointment with Zenos lol. We’ll see where this Ascian stuff is going with Shadowbringers but I will say that they are grating on my nerves a little bit at this point. Reminds me of Ouroboros in Trails where they show up and sow chaos and dip out and it’s all building to something but hard to feel like the build up really mattered at all.

Still a better set of characters than other MMOs or anything SE has put out in the last decade?
[close]

Shadowbringers first MSQ or 2 hasn’t really felt that connected to what came before and sort of reminds me of the B tier WoW expacs that throw you into some foreign land with its own issues but I’m sure that’ll change.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2286 on: August 31, 2020, 02:05:23 PM »
Zenos is a ridiculously stupid villain, and I’m still not sure if I’m okay with his arc.  I feel like the B-story stuff of Stormblood was overall superior, surprisingly so with Yotsuyu IMO (I ended up loving where that story went).

Shadowbringers main storyline felt a thousand times more interesting, to the point where I was actually super jazzed to log in each evening and make progress.  I hadn’t t felt that way about a Final Fantasy since 12.

Based Naoki Yoshida  :rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #2287 on: August 31, 2020, 03:48:37 PM »
My biggest issue with Shadowbringers plot is that

Like 50% of the plot is vs. Vauthry and Eulmore and Vauthry is a pretty bad generic villain and his general Ran'jit is super underdeveloped.

The other 50% of the plot is great stuff, especially the last 25% post-Vauthry
[close]

Freyj

« Reply #2288 on: August 31, 2020, 04:11:33 PM »
I did like the little Doma side story in 4.2 / 4.3 (?).

That was definitely a highlight of the expac, Ala Mhigo is just kinda whatever.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2289 on: August 31, 2020, 10:38:40 PM »
I really have found the post patch ShadowBringers story and quest line to be very boring.

Bebpo

« Reply #2290 on: August 31, 2020, 11:54:40 PM »
I really have found the post patch ShadowBringers story and quest line to be very boring.

I mean all post-patchs are not super amazingly exciting because they're just filler branching to the next expansion to keep you subbed.

The only post-patch series that was A+ was Heavensward and that's because they ran out of time and couldn't finish the main story in the HW expansion so it took until 3.3 to actually get the real ending. Stormblood/Shadowbringers tell their whole story and finish their main storyline. Epilogue is just epilogue in both and setup.

At least 4.3/5.3 had cool boss fights to close them out.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2291 on: September 01, 2020, 01:25:44 AM »
I disagree or rather I "remember" disagreeing. I don't really believe they have felt like filler. They have felt like epilogues and downtime, but never really filler. I did'nt know that about Heavansward, but yeah lots of exciting developments in that post story. The warrior's of darkness, begining to liberate Al-Mihgo, and conclusion of lots of post A Real Reborn plot lines. Probably the most exciting series of  events in the whole game.

And I don't believe post Stormblood was that much filler either.  I guess you could consider Yotsuyu's stuff as filler, but that ends in one of the best boss battles. You also had the ramp up of the war with Garlen which leads to a big revelation about the empire. The scions disappearing which leads to some cool teasing for shadowbringers.  But either way you had Gaius come back and that quest ends with a cool battle where you play a npc character. The Burn was cool and the entire The Ghimlyt Dark is a good dungeon. A dungeon that feels like a cap off to Shadowbringers.

In both there is a clear feeling of set-up and tease for whats next. Plus cool boss battles and dungeons.

So far with post Shadowbringers it has been pretty dull in my opinion. I'm on the last patch, but outside of a cool Estinin playable part it's not very exciting. I don't remember the two dungeons. Lots of it has just felt like the same conversation of how to get home. And while I've heard that this ties up the Ascian story, that stuff has lacked the energy or excitement that the main story had. If anything it has felt like a retread.

I don't know I remember the other post storylines feeling like they were ramping up to things.  Teasing new things.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 01:31:45 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Bebpo

« Reply #2292 on: September 01, 2020, 02:10:19 AM »
You're right that it's not filler because it's all canon stuff moving the plot forward. I just call it that because it's not that interesting busywork kinda stuff. The stormblood stuff with the younger brother and the slaves and what not was zzz though the big fight was cool, the build up stuff with scions falling out and the empire was interesting sure, but Shadowbrings 5.4/5.5 will be the setup episodes for the next patch so maybe they'll be exciting. I just felt like Stormblood .1-.3 and Shadowbringer .1-.3 were basically busywork epilogues with a big cool fight and 2nd ending. It's fine but during the post-patches the main exciting stuff are the raids, new trials and stuff.

What I remember about Stormblood 4.1-4.5 is mostly just Omega & Ivalice, and with Shadowbringers it's been the great Eden raid and ok Nier raid (I like pt.1 a lot, but pt.2 was a bit boring).

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2293 on: September 01, 2020, 08:39:27 PM »
Yeah Eden has been really good. Probably my favorite boss battle raid series.

Freyj

« Reply #2294 on: September 02, 2020, 12:42:03 AM »
ShB Leveling

Just finished the first dungeon and killed the first Lightwarden (good cutscene) with Trusts. Trusts were neat in FFXI as they opened up a very group heavy game to solo play for more than just BST and a few other jobs. Obviously less useful here but seemed to work well enough. No queue but the dungeons themselves take a little longer.

Humes huh? Several little references to XI here. Would be verrrrry cool if Vana’diel were a shard.

Also god in heaven Amh Araeng’s BGM is good.
[close]

RE: the x.1-x.3 patch cycle they usually are a little MSQ bland, x.1 especially so.

Freyj

« Reply #2295 on: September 08, 2020, 05:07:45 PM »
5.0 done

Vauthry was kinda whatever and The Tempest intro was pretty unnecessary but the Ascian city onward was great. Emet-Selch is definitely the best villain in a Final Fantasy game in a very very long time. Kind of bummed to be presumably headed back to dealing with Elidibus / Zenos.
[close]

Probably going to hit 5.1 - 5.3 slower as I’m a little burned out on all the back and forth quests but really enjoyed ShB overall. Still kind of shocking how good XIV is for a modern SE game tbh.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 05:47:17 PM by Freyj »

Bebpo

« Reply #2296 on: September 08, 2020, 05:29:49 PM »
Yeah, FFXIV is quality stuff.

It's my first MMO so don't really have any frame of reference to compare it to other than single player jrpgs, but it's a lot more consistent than most of those.

Been back to playing a little casually. Working on my Red Mage so I can do the last role questline in Shadowbringers. Up to 57 now and will probably hit 60 and into Stormblood content by the weekend. RDM is growing on me slightly, but I still can't wait to get to a 60/70 rotation that feels more complete.

Also had my first lollll MP run in a while. We were doing one of the Crystal Tower Alliance Raids and people were so bad and we were wiping on non-boss enemy groups to the point where people were talking about if one team was intentionally griefing the others. The worst is that they didn't know how to use teleport shortcuts so we would wipe and they'd just run past the teleporter and we'd have to wait for them to run through the whole raid to get to us.

I still don't think they were griefing and it was just a bunch of new players thanks to the F2P, though I dunno how you get to lvl.50 without figuring out how a dungeon shortcut works so maybe they were griefing.

Freyj

« Reply #2297 on: September 08, 2020, 07:18:23 PM »
lol why would they make Crystal Tower required now rather than before ShB or at all even, silly

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2298 on: September 08, 2020, 07:43:28 PM »
vana

I can totally see them cashing in and having 7.0 be Vana Diel. I would be 1000% fine with that.  :ohyeah

Freyj

« Reply #2299 on: September 09, 2020, 12:11:33 AM »
vana

I can totally see them cashing in and having 7.0 be Vana Diel. I would be 1000% fine with that.  :ohyeah

6.0 is supposed to be the end of the originally planned story right?

Gimme FFXIV : FFXI 2

Bebpo

« Reply #2300 on: September 09, 2020, 01:22:37 AM »
lol why would they make Crystal Tower required now rather than before ShB or at all even, silly

I think it was required to start Shadowbringers!

Freyj

« Reply #2301 on: September 11, 2020, 02:15:28 AM »

I think it was required to start Shadowbringers!

nope, just a nag about it when you started the MSQ for ShB

it is required to complete 2.5 now assuming you haven’t already lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2302 on: September 13, 2020, 03:11:39 PM »
Almost at 60 with my Red Mage, I'm never leveling another job again after this. 4 is more than enough. Will pay my $20 level up potion any time I want to mess with a new job from now on.

Ran World of Darkness for the first time in a while on alliance raid. Saw they've nerfed the first boss roulette spin of death. Instead of being basically instant wipe for an group it lands on there is a looooooooooong AoE charge for everyone to get out of the way first.

Then again since like 75% of the people on my team had the newbie icon, probably good that the raid is as nerfed as it is.

Bebpo

« Reply #2303 on: October 14, 2020, 01:55:34 AM »
Relic area is out.

Seems better than Eureka by a good amount and may be useful when leveling second jobs from 71->80. Looks like you can get through all the content in this patch in about 6 hours, but getting the relic upgrade for a weapon is a huge fucking grind like always and probably takes 20-40 hours of grind to get one, so no thnx.

Already got a Zoid minion though!

Bebpo

« Reply #2304 on: October 15, 2020, 10:31:29 PM »
Joining FATE parties in HW makes the relic real quick.

You need 60 items, three item types x 20 each. Doing a FATE party in Falcon's Nest area in 30 mins I got all 20 items for that type. So I'd say about 90 mins for the relic and then six lvl.60 dungeon runs for the glowy part.

But you can do all these as any job, so I'm doing them as my lvl.63 RDM and gained almost one level just doing 20 FATEs at lower HW xp + weekly challenges for FATEs. Dungeon run part makes most sense if you have a lvl.60 character.

Basically can get a glowy i500 relic in like 5 hours while leveling a lvl.50/60 character at the same time. Not terrible.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2305 on: October 15, 2020, 10:51:43 PM »
Joining FATE parties in HW makes the relic real quick.

You need 60 items, three item types x 20 each. Doing a FATE party in Falcon's Nest area in 30 mins I got all 20 items for that type. So I'd say about 90 mins for the relic and then six lvl.60 dungeon runs for the glowy part.

But you can do all these as any job, so I'm doing them as my lvl.63 RDM and gained almost one level just doing 20 FATEs at lower HW xp + weekly challenges for FATEs. Dungeon run part makes most sense if you have a lvl.60 character.

Basically can get a glowy i500 relic in like 5 hours while leveling a lvl.50/60 character at the same time. Not terrible.
Do you get the weapon for the job you're playing, or could I like, level RDM in there to get my funbreaker weppy?

Bebpo

« Reply #2306 on: October 15, 2020, 10:53:56 PM »
The latter.

Once you start the relic sequence you'll get the item drops from HW fates and lvl.60 dungeon runs for the 2nd part no matter what job you are playing. Just need the relic weapon in your inv, but not equipped.

Bebpo

« Reply #2307 on: October 16, 2020, 08:27:14 PM »
Got my i500 relic for my DRK. Really just takes an afternoon farming HW area FATEs. My RDM was at like far end lvl.62 and after one dungeon, a few beast quests and 60 HW fates almost at lvl.65 now. Just gotta do 6 dungeon runs to make my relic glow and that'll get my RDM up even more so I don't mind.

Then still gotta get my Bozjan rank from 5->10 to finish the story parts so far do the dungeon. Now that feels like more of a grind.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2308 on: October 17, 2020, 06:11:08 PM »
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #2309 on: October 17, 2020, 09:50:54 PM »
Almost done with the last beast tribe I need to clear in HW for completion's sake. So glad the newer beast tribe quests are super quick. I don't mind doing the dwarf ones even though I get no xp since my crafters are all 80. Want that mount and the stories are fun.

Anyhow, was a nice sunset at Ok'Zundu. Probably the prettiest that area has looked.

RDM's 66 now. 4 more days of leveling roulettes to get my relic glow! Might hit 70 doing them along with beast tribes and stuff. Maybe.

Bebpo

« Reply #2310 on: October 18, 2020, 02:10:40 PM »
Up to rank 8 in Bozja. Probably just gonna grind all day to rank 10 to try and hopefully beat the dungeon.

I'd say after the first few ranks it takes about 1 hour per rank to level up, so Bozja is maybe an 7-8 hour grind to get to 10 and the dungeon. I've got some cool loot along the way though. Some nice tabletops, a zoids minion, some music, some rare weapons. Plus the fights are pretty fun when a lot of people are active.

It's definitely waaaaaaaaaaay better than what I played and didn't bother with Eureka. It's not as good as the main game since it's still just a grind area, but it's fun enough that if they do this for the next patches with 2 more Bozja battlefronts I'll spend a week or so grinding through each to see the story through.

Bebpo

« Reply #2311 on: October 18, 2020, 10:36:21 PM »
Got to rank 10 only to find out the dungeon is some real bullshit if you're pugging. Need to see if I can join a team somewhere otherwise I might give up and just not clear this.

Bebpo

« Reply #2312 on: October 19, 2020, 09:32:05 PM »
Cleared bozjan castrum dungeon. Actually isn't bad and I'd say it's easier than an alliance raid and closer to an alliance raid level 20-30 min dungeon. The problem is just pugs and no room for wipes and I just had a been experience that first time. I feel like as it gets older content every run should clear if enough people join.

The gear from it is i495 which isn't bad. Better than running nier raid imo.

Bebpo

« Reply #2313 on: October 20, 2020, 01:05:35 AM »

Ok, finished the Ok'Zundu beast tribe storyline.

Also house is getting kinda crowded, but I like how my place always looks like holiday time.

Bebpo

« Reply #2314 on: October 24, 2020, 08:17:05 PM »

Hit lvl.70 RDM yayy

Just need to get one more level from roulettes tomorrow and then will take my RDM into Bozjan and level there while getting all my relics and i495 castrum gear for my other jobs.

I dig RDM now. I didn't love it at first because the rotation was simple, but at this point it's busy enough that there isn't a lot of dead time and I like being able to big dps, revive people and move around a bunch dodging stuff and repositioning. The only annoying thing is fighting bosses on ledges and then backflipping out of the arena -_-

Bebpo

« Reply #2315 on: November 20, 2020, 01:23:26 PM »

Site is up for 5.4. Only a few weeks out now (probably first week of December) and Eden raid & gear progression for Shadowbringers ends.

Got back to playing a bit after a week or two break. Got RDM to lv.75, miiiight get to 80 by 5.4, if not pretty early on during running that raid. I gotta say, running Alliance Raid roulette is great during 2020 covid lockdown. I have like no social life atm because covid and my social friends rarely talk anymore or chat, so just like shooting the shit with random people while doing brainless crystal tower is pretty refreshing. I should play more, probably good for mental health right now.

Also finally saw rescue get used for the first time EVER. On Matador when he does the fire nuke and you have to hide behind the ice I was doing my usual RDM flippy thing figuring I'd run over to the ice at the last minute and I did a backflip away and got pulled straight to the ice where everyone is by my caster. Was nice! And useful!

Anyone still playing?

Bebpo

« Reply #2316 on: December 13, 2020, 05:56:19 PM »

Finished Eden!

Was a good raid overall, great even on normal version raids. The last fight has some fun mechanics. I think generally though with this and the Omega raid I liked the last tier the least.

Also Savage final boss spoilers

I'm a little irked that for an FFVIII themed raid they saved the FFVIII big boss fight (Ultimecia w/The Extreme) for Savage only. I was disappointed finishing the raid that it wasn't more FFVIII themed, then I saw that and there is a big FFVIII fanservice finish...but only for players on Savage -_-
[close]

Gonna do the next FFVII Weapon fight and then work on the MSQ this week. Guess they'll be announcing the next expansion any day now.

Bebpo

« Reply #2317 on: December 13, 2020, 09:14:01 PM »
Also ending spoilers for Eden, but I love my new desktop wallpaper. FF14's art direction is one of the things that keeps me playing.

Bebpo

« Reply #2318 on: December 13, 2020, 11:40:20 PM »
Finished all the non-MSQ content in the new patch today. Some good stuff. I liked the FFVII Weapon storyline a lot this patch. I hear the actual MSQ is pretty dull since it's an inbetween kinda one, but that's fine. Will run through it quick over a day or two and then be caught up outside running the new raid one night a week for gear. The gear from Eden raid #3 will last until the next expansion, so probably won't play much afterwards outside running the final Nier raid once or twice and the last MSQ bits before the next expansion. Almost time for FF14 break for a bit.

Bebpo

« Reply #2319 on: February 04, 2021, 04:14:55 PM »
Just a bump that new expansion getting announced/shown tomorrow (2/5 5:30pm PST)

Should be hype!

I'm all caught up with my gear/crafters/gatherers for the next expansion outside finishing the RDM role quest and the combined role quests in shadowbringers. Will get to those at some point.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2320 on: February 04, 2021, 04:24:38 PM »
Will check it out but the leaks I've seen were empire stuff.  :snore

Bebpo

« Reply #2321 on: February 04, 2021, 04:26:27 PM »
I mean this is the final expansion of the base storyline of FF14 which has always been the empire as the main enemy. We were always going to have a Garlemad expansion at the end.

Everyone thought the empire expansion was going to be previous one until they threw the curveball and went to another world for an expansion. But yeah, this is the empire.

Hopefully it ends on the moon tho

Bebpo

« Reply #2322 on: February 04, 2021, 04:27:19 PM »
Also a hard sci-fi expansion sounds good to me.

Bebpo

« Reply #2323 on: February 05, 2021, 08:41:21 PM »
Ok, basically what everyone thought (in a good way)

FF4 time. WE GOING TO THE MOON

Bebpo

« Reply #2324 on: February 05, 2021, 08:42:23 PM »
Get ready for a field theme to be an arrangement of this:

Bebpo

« Reply #2325 on: February 05, 2021, 09:08:00 PM »
So ummmm, this is the end of FF14.

No 6.1-6.3 epilogue finish. FF14's 2.0->6.0 story ends in the base game's ending this fall.

Either 6.1 gonna start the sequel to FF14 or they're gonna change up the post-game patch stuff.

Bebpo

« Reply #2326 on: February 05, 2021, 09:17:45 PM »
HEALER IS A GUNDAM WITH FIN FUNNELS

New Job Gear. BLM has a cat?

Also Yoshi-P made a joke about Evangelions being on the moon. Was it a joke? Or is next raid Eva? :O

Bebpo

« Reply #2327 on: February 05, 2021, 09:18:25 PM »
Also Melee DPS to be revealed later. Yoshi-P wore a Necromancer t-shirt, so that could be it. People think maybe a Berserker?

Bebpo

« Reply #2328 on: February 05, 2021, 09:30:11 PM »
8-person Raid will be weird

Never before done.

Not part of FF14's story. All original story. Pandeamonium.

Yet the art image for it is Lahabrea the Ascian....

No idea where they are going with this.

Also huge fucking spoilers on city. Maybe Akala will be happy.

Garlamead got nuked off-screen. City is gone. City is probably on the Moon, Lunar City by FFX artists featuring FFX's Anima.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #2329 on: February 05, 2021, 09:35:57 PM »
Job Quests are dead  :'(

5 Role Quest lines.

Bebpo

« Reply #2330 on: February 05, 2021, 09:39:02 PM »
Adding a Stardew Valley mini-game where you raise animals and maybe farm stuff that you can sell haha

Bebpo

« Reply #2331 on: February 05, 2021, 10:13:05 PM »
5.5 final patch/Nier raid is April 13th along side the PS5 beta. Oh and free PS5 upgrade for people who play on PS4.

Also they spent 20 mins talking about how they're hitting overflow errors with the larger and larger stats so they are nerfing damage/hps by 80%. And then tried to reassure the players over and over they aren't being nerfed.

That said, they're talking about making lvl.50-80 content similar in stats, so people are worried that unsync is gonna get fucked. That instead of being 2-4 iterations of power levels over the bosses at lvl.90, it'll be more like one expansion iteration.

Bebpo

« Reply #2332 on: February 05, 2021, 10:21:17 PM »
Last info from announcement festival:

Fan Fest May 15th is next info dump on new expansion. Probably reveal main city & 2nd melee dps job.

Also the twitch stream following this for 2 hours had 250,000 viewers. Seems good? FF14 is pretty alive still yay.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2333 on: February 05, 2021, 11:21:45 PM »

Beezy

« Reply #2334 on: February 05, 2021, 11:36:48 PM »
I see that this is on sale on PSN. Is it something that you can play through on your own or do you need other people?

Bebpo

« Reply #2335 on: February 06, 2021, 02:11:02 AM »
I see that this is on sale on PSN. Is it something that you can play through on your own or do you need other people?

You need to play with other people but it has extremely good match-making and you don't have to talk with anyone. Also for the story, you'll spend 95% of the storyline doing single player quests. There is an MP dungeon or MP boss fight every level or two. The endgame stuff and optional content is more MP stuff, less single player questing.

I used to be social for a couple years on it, but the last few years I didn't do much besides saying "Hello \o/" at the start of MP stuff. They really made FF14 the MMO for people who don't want to socialize with other people or arrange time to work with other people. I could never play FF11 because you had to actually look for parties and talk to people and actually coordinate times. FF14 you just go on and play when you like for as long as you like.

It's also some of the best Final Fantasy games in the last decade. Each expansion is basically a full sized FF entry. The base game A Realm Reborn is...ok, the first expansion Heavensward is a great FF, the second expansion Stormblood is a very good FF, and the third expansion Shadowbringers is a great FF.

Bebpo

« Reply #2336 on: February 06, 2021, 02:16:19 AM »
If you give it a try though, just keep in mind there's 3 types of gameplay, you can tank, you can heal, or you can just beat up stuff.

All three roles are pretty easy these days. If you tank just make sure you hit the button to turn on your tanking mode where you aggro all the enemies so they aren't murdering your healer and damage dealers. If you heal, just heal the tank and hit the enemies when the tank doesn't need to be healed, when you're a damage dealer just hit stuff.

In terms of fun... they all have their pros/corns. Tank is kinda ez mode because you have way more HP/Def, but you do less damage so fights take longer. Healer is the most chaotic because you never know what your teammates are gonna do and when they will need heals/rez, DPS kills things pretty quick but dies fast if a tank isn't covering for you.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2337 on: February 06, 2021, 04:54:50 AM »
I think i'll play sage. I don't watch gundam but those little knife drones are awesome.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2338 on: February 06, 2021, 10:41:54 AM »

Beezy

« Reply #2339 on: February 06, 2021, 11:22:35 AM »

You need to play with other people but it has extremely good match-making and you don't have to talk with anyone. Also for the story, you'll spend 95% of the storyline doing single player quests. There is an MP dungeon or MP boss fight every level or two. The endgame stuff and optional content is more MP stuff, less single player questing.

I used to be social for a couple years on it, but the last few years I didn't do much besides saying "Hello \o/" at the start of MP stuff. They really made FF14 the MMO for people who don't want to socialize with other people or arrange time to work with other people. I could never play FF11 because you had to actually look for parties and talk to people and actually coordinate times. FF14 you just go on and play when you like for as long as you like.

It's also some of the best Final Fantasy games in the last decade. Each expansion is basically a full sized FF entry. The base game A Realm Reborn is...ok, the first expansion Heavensward is a great FF, the second expansion Stormblood is a very good FF, and the third expansion Shadowbringers is a great FF.
This sounds perfect for me. Thanks Bebpo.