Poll

Did this become a thing or did it just die?

LOL
7 (10.9%)
Fuck off
4 (6.3%)
No one wants this shit
23 (35.9%)
Maybe
17 (26.6%)
Yes
13 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: VR Thread  (Read 33695 times)

Bebpo

Re: VR Thread
« Reply #660 on: June 13, 2020, 08:00:59 PM »
So the Xbox Game Pass PC version of No Man's Sky does work with VR. Played about an hour and it's ok but lots of stuff drives me crazy.

-Image stability seems pretty off, like whatever vsync it's using for VR framerate and resolution aren't correct. Looks pretty assy.
-HUD on your arms is HUGE to the point where I have to hold my arm way out just to read stuff. There's a hud size adjustment option but you have to restart each time and the initial load time in this game is insane and the worst I've ever seen on an SSD
-Controls are weird. So many buttons to remember. Felt very untuitive. When you'd try to search a box it would teleport you to some weird camera angle like in the ground while you go through the inventory.
-Had serious troubles with the flying controls. My right hand get dropping grip of the flight stick and I couldn't get the plane to rotate, only turn so I was flying upside down :\

Basically feels like a game where VR was shoe-horned in like it was, vs being made for VR. I tried it in non-VR with kb controls and it played like a million times better. Was surprised that it still ran kind of shitty on my 1080x. Doesn't feel well optimized and there's no fullscreen exclusive mode? So gsync doesn't work  :maf

Also I'm not into crafting games and this game just seems like a game where everything is always broken or breaking and you have to gather to fix everything constantly. Not my thing. Glad I saved $25 on the steam version!

Bebpo

« Reply #661 on: June 13, 2020, 09:49:28 PM »
Actually ended up getting the resolution and HUD fixed in VR. Built a base and got to the space station. The flying controls are basically unplayable with the Index controllers, but otherwise it controls alright. Kinda a boring game though.

Bebpo

« Reply #662 on: June 16, 2020, 12:40:16 AM »
Started playing Trover Saves the Universe

It's great! Reminds me a lot of Astrobot with not quite as good gameplay but pretty damn funny. Really well designed for VR, clearly a VR game first. One of the most/more polished VR games out there.

bluemax

« Reply #663 on: June 16, 2020, 11:52:20 PM »
https://uploadvr.com/vr-showcase-2020-every-reveal/

Probably the closest thing to an E3 for VR gaming. A surprising number of titles still promising PSVR ports.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #664 on: June 23, 2020, 11:09:16 PM »
I think I've found my current life calling and that is to map Beat Saber custom songs. I'm tired of none of the music I like being in Beat Saber and in the hundreds of hours of Beat Saber I play I've gotten to the point where I feel I know good map design and can point out amateur mistakes and no how to avoid them.

Like the biggest amateur mapping mistake I see is people who do constant down arrow hits instead of alternating up/down/up/down/up/down. The latter is how the rhythm should go for basically the whole track no matter what you're doing so your arms always follow that basic rhythm.

Also I used to do timing for fansubs so I feel I could probably pick this up. Just need to start looking at the mapping tools. Going to start with Metric and pick a song from Pagans in Vegas.

Bebpo

« Reply #665 on: July 19, 2020, 09:07:03 PM »
I've been meaning to put up a list of the best custom tracks in Beat Saber for everyone playing on PC. Been spending so many hours basically curating a list. Probably gone through 300-500 songs and I've got about 50 really good ones. Usually if I like a beat map and it seems like they get rhythm mapping I'll check out all the other tracks by the mapper and sometimes discover some new musicians I wouldn't have otherwise listened to.

Like I'd heard of but never checked out Kero Kero Bonito before, but the beatmaps for Flamingo & Picture This are really good (former is better mapped than the latter).

I wish there was an easy way to browse my custom track list without the VR headset. That's the hard part for putting up a list of what's in my starred top track queues. Have to just take off the helmet and write each down if I wanna do that which will take a while.

Bebpo

« Reply #666 on: July 22, 2020, 01:39:28 PM »
Big PSVR sale going on with the summer sale. Picked up the From Software game Deracine for <$7. I know it's supposed to be pretty bad, but too curious to see some Japan developed VR that I'll float $7 for it.

Bebpo

« Reply #667 on: July 23, 2020, 02:10:31 AM »
So I was talking about Beat Saber with friends and may have had a drink or two and decided to sit down and make a list of all my starred custom tracks. These are the tracks I feel are well mapped, sometimes better than the main game tracks and are all a good play for players around expert difficulty. Some songs are too fast mapped and need to be played in slowed down mode (cough*cough*Green Day Basket Case*cough*cough) and some need to be sped up to really be satisfying (most of the slower song tracks).

Also this list is biased because it's by me, so it leans a bit into Miku/Vocaloid and some J-tracks. I'm highlighting the ones I think are the best of the best and pretty much the top songs in beat saber custom.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Alone ft. Kyle Reynolds
Asketa & Natan Chaim [bennydabeast]

Baka baka baka
Lamaze-P [Kalezan]

Basket Case
Green Day [Okdisplay]

Brave
Sara Barellis [bennydabeast]

Blinding Lights
The Weekend [Novashift]

Bring it On
Giga-P[Kalezan]

Bubble Tea
Dark Cat [Roeek]

Burn
Ellie Goulding [bennydabeast]

Came Here For Love
Sigala & Ella Eyre [bennydabeast]

Can't Get You Out of My Head
Kylie Minogue [Kalezan]

Caramelldansen (Speedcake Remix)
Caramell [dack]

Chase
Batta [joetastic]

Chiru Chiru
Reol [Kalezan]

Darkside
Blind 182 [anonymesgo]

Don't Let Me Down
The Chainsmokers featuring Dayo [bennydabeast]

Du Hast
Rammstein [Kalezan]

Empty Threat
Chvrches [benny]

Faded (Nightcore Mix)
Alan Walker [rigid]

Field of Hopes and Dreams
Toby Fox [Todokete]

Flamingo
Kero Kero Bonito [Etan]

Fuwa Fuwa Time
Ho-Kago Tea Time [Todokete]

Gimme Love
Joji [Skyler Wallace]

Harajuku Iyahoi
Kyary Pyamu Pyamu [aggrogaha]

Heart Afire (featuring Strix)
Defqwop [Bennydabeast]

Heats
Hironobu Kageyama [dack]

Here with Me (Featuring Chvrches)
Marshmella [novashaft]

High Enough Ft. Rosie Darling
Justin Caruso [bennydabeast]

Hold Me Down
Halsey [Styngme]

I wanna be like you (Sim Gretina Remix)
Jungle Book [connorJC]

Ievan Polkka
Hatsune Miku [Fraktar]

Ignite
Aoi Eir [Joetastic]

Ike Ike
Hinoi Team [kalezan]

Just be Friends Ft. Luka
Dixie Flatline [todokete]

Kamikaze
Walk the Moon [bennydabeast]

Last Dance (Custic remix)
Dua Lipa (bennydabeast)

Love the Way Lie (ft. Rihanna)
Eminem; Rihanna [Styngme]

Mad Hatter
Melanie Martinez [joetastic]

March of the Profane - Crypt of the Necrodancer
Danny Baranowski [fraktar]

Matryoshka feat Gumi and Miku
Hachi [todokete]

Meglovania
Undertale Toby Fox [Ryger]

Meglovania (Cement City Remix)
Undertale [Kryptikos]

Miracle Paint ft. Hatsune Miku
Oster Project [Etan]

Mirai (Short edit)
Kizuna Ai [kalezan]

More One Night
Inori Minase, Yurika Kubo [Etan]

Nevada (feat. Cozi Zuehlsdorff)
Vicetone [bennydabeast]

New Rules
Dua Lipa [bennydabeast]

Orion (beat saber edit)
Getsix [Kalezan]

Otter Pop (Ft.Hollis)
Shawn Wasabi [bennydabeast]

Over the Sky
Akane Hino [joetastic]

Physical the Megamix ft. various artists
Adamusic [joetastic]

Picture This
Kero Kero Bonito [Etan]

Plus Danshi ft. Reol
Giga-P [kalezan]

Portal Still Alive (Uppmost remix)
Uppermost [kyptikos

Pretty Girl (Cheat code x Cade remix)
Maggielindamann [bennydabeast]

Pursuing my True Self (persona 4)
[Eijiejidayo]

Real Emotion (English Version) FFX-2
Jade Villalon [joetastic]

Resister
ASCA [joetastic]

Ride on Shooting Star
The Pillows [Todokete]

Robot Heart ft. Kizuna Ai
Yunome [kalezan]

Rushing Back
Flume [joetastic]

Sad Machine
Porter Robinson [ejiejidayo]

Say So (Japanese version)
Rainych [Peoplecanfly]

Senbonzakura (Short ver)
Kradness + Giga-P [kalezan]

Shake it Off
Taylor Swift [Jovian]

Sk8er Boi
Avril Lavigne [joetastic]

Slump
Stray Kids [joetastic]

Smell of the Game
Daisuke Ishiwateri

Smells like Teen Spirit
Nirvana [Rygar]

Some Nights
Fun. [bennydabeast]

Star Sky Two Steps from Hell
[ejiejidayo]

Start Right Now ft. Laney Jones
Young Pines [bennydabeast]

Still Into You
Paramore [Novashaft]

Stressed Out
Twenty One Pilots [joetastic]

Study x Study
Stylips [joetastic]

Supernova
Laszlo [Downycat]

Sweet Magic (ft. Kagamine Rin]
Junky [dack]

Tank! (Ben Briggs Remix)
Cowboy Bebop [rygar]

The Final Countdown
Europe [reborn]

The Greatest (Ft. Kendrick Lamar)
Sia [bennydabeast]

The Light
W&W ft. Kizuna Ai [kalezan]

The Nights
[Avicii]

Under the Sea
Samuel E. Wright [bennydabeast]

Vocaloid Bossa Nova medley (ft. Hatsune Miku)
Kahimi (dack)

Weight of the World Nier.Automata
JVNA [skyler wallace & excession]

Without Me - Illenium Remix
Halsey; Illenium [Styngme]

Without Me - (Nurko & Miles Away Remix)
Halsey [bennydabeast]

Yoiyoi Kokan
Roel [Kalezan]
[close]

Beezy

« Reply #668 on: July 23, 2020, 09:20:48 AM »
I haven't played Beat Saber enough yet. How do I find these custom tracks?

Bebpo

« Reply #669 on: July 23, 2020, 03:24:51 PM »
I haven't played Beat Saber enough yet. How do I find these custom tracks?

I think Beat Saber initial modding may be slightly different depending on which device you use. So probably want to google a guide. It should be quick and easy.

You're on Quest, right?

https://bsaber.com/oculus-quest-custom-songs/

Now once you have mods installed it should be the same for every device. On mine I load up the game and on the main menu there's a mods tab and one of the buttons is "get more songs" and then you can search by ranking, most played, popularity or search by name / mapper.

Also make sure you install the custom walls/notes mod since a lot of custom songs use unique visuals or even notes and they won't load in-game if you don't have those installed.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #670 on: August 18, 2020, 02:24:11 PM »
I bought a PSVR and my first impressions are that it is super neat.

But like I'm not sure I'm liking it for the correct reasons actually.

Like I kind of would like more normal games in "VR" I played Zone of the Enders 2 and Gungrave VR and one of my take away was that playing ZOE was like playing it on a really big screen. At least when the cinemas played. It was like watching a movie on IMAX. It was kind of incredible. Now obviously it then goes into First Person for actual gameplay and that's cool, but I was thinking of Ghost of Tsushima. Mostly because for a lot of the action scenes I stood in place to counter. How cool would it see that game in such a "wide" and "big" display, to move your head and have the camera pan with it. It could be like watching a live play. I would like a see a developer make a cinematic 3rd person game in VR. I even found novelty in Gungrave because of just the wide view of the game you can see.

Like yeah I find the first person games to be "immersive" and fun, but I'm not sure that's the only thing that should be used for VR.

I don't know man I found my first day with VR to be cool. Yeah the tech is not quite there, but it's super cool to imagine where these early beginnings will go.

Svejk

« Reply #671 on: August 18, 2020, 03:03:50 PM »
I bought a PSVR and my first impressions are that it is super neat.

But like I'm not sure I'm liking it for the correct reasons actually.

Like I kind of would like more normal games in "VR" I played Zone of the Enders 2 and Gungrave VR and one of my take away was that playing ZOE was like playing it on a really big screen. At least when the cinemas played. It was like watching a movie on IMAX. It was kind of incredible. Now obviously it then goes into First Person for actual gameplay and that's cool, but I was thinking of Ghost of Tsushima. Mostly because for a lot of the action scenes I stood in place to counter. How cool would it see that game in such a "wide" and "big" display, to move your head and have the camera pan with it. It could be like watching a live play. I would like a see a developer make a cinematic 3rd person game in VR. I even found novelty in Gungrave because of just the wide view of the game you can see.

Like yeah I find the first person games to be "immersive" and fun, but I'm not sure that's the only thing that should be used for VR.

I don't know man I found my first day with VR to be cool. Yeah the tech is not quite there, but it's super cool to imagine where these early beginnings will go.
Play AstroBot and witness the mad potential of 3D platforming/3rd person VR at it's finest.   :shaq

Bebpo

« Reply #672 on: August 18, 2020, 03:17:42 PM »
Astrobot so good. Astrobot 2 better be day 1 launch for PSVR2.

Svejk

« Reply #673 on: August 18, 2020, 04:27:33 PM »
Astrobot so good. Astrobot 2 better be day 1 launch for PSVR2.
:salute Heard dat.  Astrobot can lead the charge towards the future of video games.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #674 on: August 18, 2020, 06:15:58 PM »

naff

• <̽̎̏ͨͣ͞҉̯͔̩̩͕ͅ>̫͔͍̥͉̳͚͓͗͋̄̑ͧ̓̔̏ͭ̿͌ͫ́̒́ͩ̀͡͞ͅ
« Reply #675 on: August 18, 2020, 08:32:07 PM »
i simply think platforming in VR should be illegal

in light of this astrobot talk i think i need to clarify i meant platforming in first person. 3d platforming like astrobot is actually incredible.
◕‿◕

naff

• <̽̎̏ͨͣ͞҉̯͔̩̩͕ͅ>̫͔͍̥͉̳͚͓͗͋̄̑ͧ̓̔̏ͭ̿͌ͫ́̒́ͩ̀͡͞ͅ
« Reply #677 on: August 25, 2020, 09:48:19 PM »
it sounds like they added more content?

it's a pretty great little star wars experience if that's your thing. it doesn't really offer anything as a game.
◕‿◕

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #678 on: August 25, 2020, 11:07:38 PM »
Yeah Vader Immortal is kind of dumb, you just walk around and Vader is like CAN YOU SOLVE MY INCREDIBLY SIMPLE STUPID PUZZLE CUBE, MMMM YES NOW YOU WILL BE MY APPRENTICE AND MAYBE MY BEST FRIEND IF YOU PLAY YOUR CARDS RIGHT, HOOOOO HAHHHHHHH

Svejk

« Reply #679 on: August 25, 2020, 11:44:54 PM »
Yeah Vader Immortal is kind of dumb, you just walk around and Vader is like CAN YOU SOLVE MY INCREDIBLY SIMPLE STUPID PUZZLE CUBE, MMMM YES NOW YOU WILL BE MY APPRENTICE AND MAYBE MY BEST FRIEND IF YOU PLAY YOUR CARDS RIGHT, HOOOOO HAHHHHHHH
That's impossible to read without hearing Vader's voice.  :lol

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #680 on: October 28, 2020, 12:43:16 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #681 on: October 28, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »
For any PSVR users:

https://global.support.playstation.com/s/pscamera-adaptor?language=en_US

Gives me an error when I put it in :(

Didn't realize it wouldn't just work off the bat. Damn. I bought 2 PSVRs, they better give me this shit free.

Bebpo

« Reply #682 on: October 28, 2020, 01:40:13 PM »
I'm guessing that's getting hammered? Now the first part where you enter your serial number works but it's giving me an error on personal information part.

Bebpo

« Reply #683 on: October 28, 2020, 01:42:51 PM »
Yeah I saw this was just announced within the hour, so it's getting hammered.

Ok, so PSVR still works and it's just the camera that is the issue. So worst case scenario if I don't get in is having to buy a PS5 camera and then can use PSVR. Not that I ever use it anymore since getting an Index. Like I think the only time I turned it on was to try Iron Man VR demo and that was it.

Beezy

« Reply #684 on: October 28, 2020, 06:12:06 PM »
Finally stepped away from Beat Saber and tried Echo VR. I see what everyone meant by getting your VR legs. It took me a while to get comfortable with looking all around instead of just straight ahead. I also had the same time of motion sickness that I feel with certain FPS games, but I eventually got over it.

If Alyx doesn't go on sale around Black Friday, I'll suck it up and buy it at full price.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 06:25:00 PM by Beezy »

Svejk

« Reply #685 on: October 28, 2020, 09:31:14 PM »
I'm guessing that's getting hammered? Now the first part where you enter your serial number works but it's giving me an error on personal information part.
Yeah, I've still not been able to get through yet myself.   

Bebpo

« Reply #686 on: October 30, 2020, 03:46:52 AM »

So I tried this now when the site isn't being hammered anymore and it went through fine.

Svejk

« Reply #687 on: October 30, 2020, 07:53:31 AM »

So I tried this now when the site isn't being hammered anymore and it went through fine.
Nice. Worked for me too.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #688 on: November 11, 2020, 12:36:53 AM »
I don't feel like I can finish Half Life Alyx. It triggers my arachnophobia way too much.

Bebpo

« Reply #689 on: November 11, 2020, 12:52:41 AM »
I don't feel like I can finish Half Life Alyx. It triggers my arachnophobia way too much.

:'(

Rahxephon91

« Reply #690 on: November 14, 2020, 05:09:52 AM »
Honestly, watching movies in VR is one of my favorite things.

It does "feel" like being at a theater.

https://www.facebook.com/Rahxephon91/videos/10157386375341576

https://www.facebook.com/Rahxephon91/videos/10157386382876576

2nd video did'nt come out as well, but I do like how it tries to emulate the light.