Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1409533 times)

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #11760 on: October 14, 2019, 04:48:26 PM »
We have seen each other naked a couple of times outside of a sexual context tho.  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
my god her tits...  :mouf
[close]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:43:54 AM by Atramental »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11761 on: October 14, 2019, 04:53:41 PM »
cool
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11762 on: October 15, 2019, 04:43:00 AM »
Y’all think I’m going to find someone else? It seems pretty impossible. I mean I got really lucky with who I had and well ruined it. Don’t know how I could get lucky again. And looking at how people meet others(through social circles), mine isn’t very hopeful. My friends are either married or have no female friends. Work is also a pretty solitary job. Just seems scary you know?

It's not luck. You put in the work, put yourself out there, and experienced some early relationship struggles and successes.

And /you/ didn't ruin it. At least, not by yourself. The way she ended things was weak sauce. Maybe you freaked her out, or maybe she is abusive. The stuff where she voiced being jealous that you'd do the same stuff she's doing? That's not healthy. But you're free of it now.

Keep putting yourself out there, you will encounter more opportunities for both and, more importantly, progress.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11763 on: October 15, 2019, 05:58:23 AM »
Oof. OWH with the body slam.

Off the motherfucking turnbuckle, no less.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #11764 on: October 15, 2019, 07:11:17 AM »
Atra, dude you need to work on yourself, no sane woman is going to want to start a relationship with you whilst you're in this sort of mess.

You're getting beaten by a Heroin addict because the girl looks at you and thinks, fuck I'll take the addict as he's probably more likely to be able to get himself back on the straight and narrow.

:fbm

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #11765 on: October 15, 2019, 08:19:02 AM »
Ghoul, I’ve been “working on myself” since I was 19. I’m 29 now.

No one really knows my true mental state except you guys. If anything I’m a high functioning broken person because most people who know me see me as a model of responsibility & sanity...

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #11766 on: October 15, 2019, 12:39:29 PM »
be careful how you think about yourself, be kind and forgiving

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11767 on: October 15, 2019, 06:07:27 PM »
Female friend is saying "go for the kiss or talk about how your feelings have changed" which I guess confirms any bias I already had. I mean bottling that stuff up can't possibly be positive anyway.

There's a lot of stuff I've left sliding in my personal life since my long term relation ended : tidiness of my flat, a lot of small administrative hangups... I'm not a hardcore hoarder but there's shades of that and I'm a bit recluse in my home, haven't had a guest in a long time, my then SO was the engine of my social life really and I'm seeing people from that social circle (which we shared) a lot less since -to be fair that's on me and I drifted apart from that on my own-. Since my latest breakup I compensated by making a slight effort in grooming so there's that but that's still the outside, the presentation, me in the world. One of the reasons of the breakup with my latest ex was lack a progression or even feeling regression on her part, and it probably stems from that partly. Irrespective of the real feelings I had for her, I also did use that relation as a distraction or an excuse and I didn't challenge myself on this. In a very down to earth, concrete way, I didn't let her in much into my physical space even if I've always been open and truthful emotionally.

That's something I need to address, for her or whoever I may meet. It also needs to be said face to face. I'm not looking for a second mother and it's not that I require her holding my hand to fix my shit (part of why I'm so enamored is that she's autonomous, independant and living on her terms. I've seen too in-depth emotional and material codependency and it's a recipe for disaster IMO) but I need to be transparent about that.

It's not that I discovered it all suddenly this morning, I knew all along, but I'm a bit ashamed of it and writing it here is a bit of a dry run to face it explicitly, I suppose.

Of course the other reason she broke up was that love didn't blossom. My feelings evolved so maybe hers could have too, who knows, despite the material conditions being more or less the same. Maybe they didn't and that's not something you can force.

Was thinking of offering up pastries and coffees for tea time (that's something we like) at her place next weekend, that just seems better for having that talk.

Man. Love, heh ?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:11:29 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11768 on: October 15, 2019, 06:26:32 PM »
The other thing is that I'm big on organic relations that flow with the "important" part clicking while still unsaid, but that's also a bit of a failure of communication on my part. Letting that out, even if it's fruitless at bonding in a sentimental sense, might be a form of personal progress.

If that's any consolation for you all, my post mortem introspections 2 years ago (that I hopefully kept for myself) were a lot shittier and trite.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11769 on: October 15, 2019, 08:06:08 PM »
pAwesome girl  ;)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #11770 on: October 16, 2019, 06:35:35 AM »
Yeah Vom, stop being a pussy, and go get some bro!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11771 on: October 16, 2019, 06:51:10 AM »
Guys, it's been four days, I'm working as quickly as I can here.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #11772 on: October 16, 2019, 06:51:37 PM »
Met a girl a month ago. Things are great. We like each other a lot. Nothing else to report. :)
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11773 on: October 16, 2019, 09:57:31 PM »
who is she voting for  ???

shosta

« Reply #11774 on: October 16, 2019, 10:08:51 PM »
She doesn't vote in the primaries ::)
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #11775 on: October 16, 2019, 10:11:20 PM »
She has a coffee table book of pictures from Obama's presidency :fbm
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11776 on: October 16, 2019, 10:23:00 PM »
 :yuck

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11777 on: October 18, 2019, 05:01:50 PM »
It's gonna be Tuesday night. Fingers crossed.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11778 on: October 19, 2019, 07:53:13 PM »
 :zzz :yuck

Oblivion

« Reply #11779 on: October 20, 2019, 05:24:57 AM »
omgomgogomgogomgoggomg

GUYS

holy shit, did i strike lightning tonight

so, there was this singles meetup that went to. i was a bit hesitant to go because 1) herpes girl was going to be there and thus i'd have to deal with some potential awkwardness and 2) i didn't think there would be many other worthwhile potential other chicks since it was said on the meet up page that it was going to be a low turn out with mostly dudes (as is usually the case with these types of things, sadly). but i decided to go, primarily for one reason. i met this smokin' hot babe at the last one of these events. we talked for a bit, but sadly very briefly and any opportuntity to familiarize with eachother was cut short due to the chaos at the time.

so i was hoping to see her again and give it another shot. initially i thought she wasn't going to show up, but she did eventually later on. unfortunately, she was pretty much stuck at one particular table the entire goddamned night (in a somewhat amusing/shitty coincidence, she was seated literally next to herpes girl, so that made things extra difficult).

anyway, i was waiting for any opportunity whatsoever to have a moment alone with her, but it never came. after the first hour or so, i figured things were hopeless and i thought about going home. but something inside me just told me to stick around (being real here, i think i was just laziness). so i stay the rest of the night until the hosts at the venue kick us out. i see her leaving before me and i was hoping to catch her in the parking lot. i went after her after a bit of waiting, and noticed the parking lot was mostly empty, so i figured i'd just missed her. very bummed out, as you would expect.

so i stand around at the side of the building we were in and i was looking on my phone to see what the closest burger king was to drown my sorrows. but then, fortune smiled upon me. i heard her voice talking to someone. i guess she must have been in the bathroom or something and just came out. she walks by me, and i say hi to her using her name. her eyes lit up when she saw that i remembered her name (and made it clear verbally as well), and said she remembered me from before, but apologized for not remembering my name (which is fine. i have a difficult furrener sounding name, so i wouldn't expect anyone to remember it after hearing it once, even if they WERE into me). we made a little bit of small talk, and i complimented the costume she wore (it was a halloween thing).

let me just interrupt the story here to point out that at up until this point, i wasn't expecting much to happen. i had no idea what i was going to say, what my next move would be or anything like that. i just wanted her to remember me and hopefully make SOME kind of impression.

so what happens next, absolutely floors me: she asks me if i wanted to exchange numbers. this happened so fast and sudden, that i'm still in a daze. but she did! she really DID! :rock

see, it's not just a matter of me getting "a" girl's number. she was easily by far the most gorgeous woman there, which is saying something because there were definitely a handful of girls that were decent competition. i mean, just based on the male to female ratio of the place, i thought it was virtually impossible for me to get ANY girl's number, let alone strike the goddamned jackpot. :rock  :rock :rock

it's funny how shit works out. i'm so glad i made the trip after all. and because the disappointment suddenly turned to celebration, there was no longer a need for the services of burger king. for tonight, i dined as a true king: at taco bell

tl;dr   i got the number of the hottest chick at this party i went to. went to taco bell to celebrate
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 05:33:22 AM by Oblivion »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #11780 on: October 20, 2019, 08:59:41 AM »
Coming slowly up on ~11 months with my girlfriend. It's going  great. Both of us can just act maturely together, never fight about the bullshit, remain respectful and just love spending time together. I'd say the only relationship I've ever experienced happiness or genuine love in. She gets along great with my folks and vice versa... basically reporting in to say I'm really happy and I want to continue building a life with her.

:yeshrug

Is this the girl you asked us on advice for sending cock pics for?
fat

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11781 on: October 20, 2019, 10:19:47 AM »
 :hmm

shosta

« Reply #11782 on: October 20, 2019, 12:44:34 PM »
She wants to start podcasting again :fbm
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11783 on: October 20, 2019, 12:49:42 PM »
 :rogan

shosta

« Reply #11784 on: October 20, 2019, 01:00:45 PM »
I'm asking her what she listens to now 😬
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #11785 on: October 20, 2019, 01:10:56 PM »
I'm asking her what she listens to now 😬
I’ve been married for 10 years and I don’t even ask this.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

« Reply #11786 on: October 20, 2019, 01:11:46 PM »
Just regular nerd stuff :noah we're in the clear. She doesn't pay attention to politics at all.
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #11787 on: October 20, 2019, 01:16:41 PM »
Just regular nerd stuff :noah we're in the clear. She doesn't pay attention to politics at all.
Need a full rundown of all podcasts and guests to do a cross check for problematic figures/ideas.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

BisMarckie

« Reply #11788 on: October 20, 2019, 01:20:59 PM »
I am not interested in your heteronormative relationship problems.

Unless you suck a dick, I am not interested in reading about it. :hmph

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #11789 on: October 20, 2019, 02:22:23 PM »
Yeah things aren’t feeling real great over here, not really sure where we stand we have a scheduled discussion next weekend lol fuck me. Currently living together still and just trying to be pleasant, even hangin out watching shows we like together and shit but just no love yous no kissin, giant emotional gulf.

Anyway, I’m definitely done with being attracted to the kind of excitement that really was at the core of my attraction to my current wife. Or at least being with someone who communicates like she does. If I try this whole thing again (honestly, 9 years of marriage is maybe like “okay I did that now I can be a hermit) I just want a nice Latina girl :doge

shosta

« Reply #11790 on: October 20, 2019, 02:38:01 PM »
You can't sit around waiting for her to make decisions. She's going to tell you to move out. Why wait for her to kick you out? Get your own place. Put some distance between you two. Work on yourself. Either she likes that and there's hope for you two or you've got a head start on the rest of your life.
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #11791 on: October 20, 2019, 02:39:42 PM »
breh it’s the house I always wanted and the mortgage is in my name, cutting and running is not forum post easy

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #11792 on: October 20, 2019, 02:40:20 PM »
But otherwise, yes, I’m lookin for a therapist

Oblivion

« Reply #11793 on: October 20, 2019, 08:35:38 PM »
okay, given how shocking things turned out last night, it looks like i'm psyching myself out with the pressure

but just to get y'alls opinions that i'm just being really dumb...let's go through the facts

- this was specifically at a meet up that was titled 'singles night'
- she offered her phone number on her own, without ANY prompting from me

there should be no confusion here that she thinks i want to date her, right?

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #11794 on: October 20, 2019, 08:38:11 PM »
maybe you're too hard on yourself, maybe you should cherish your kidneys while you still can

Oblivion

« Reply #11795 on: October 20, 2019, 08:48:47 PM »
what should i tell her?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11796 on: October 20, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »
Just ask her out you muppet.

shosta

« Reply #11797 on: October 20, 2019, 08:57:28 PM »
- she offered her phone number on her own, without ANY prompting from me
Could have also been trying to end the conversation.
每天生气

Oblivion

« Reply #11798 on: October 20, 2019, 09:05:04 PM »
okay i sent her a text:

now we play the waiting game:

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #11799 on: October 20, 2019, 09:22:01 PM »
 :lol

office romance and i broke it off after she nearly broke mine off. ima miss her sorely. she was getting strong feelings, i said she could do better than me rn and that atm i had no capacity for commitment (read: i dont love you, but i like you and love to hit that) at the moment and i apologised for the poor timing. next morning she broke it off. RIP.

it's all worked out well, this is the right way for now, but seeing office romance around makes me sad i can't have my cake and eat it too.

edit: also of note, office romance didn't want kids and i'm low key starting to feel like exploring that possibility. i think i would find it hard to love someone who is so vehemently against the idea. i'd v likely become bitter at least, even if i was kinda crazy about her.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 09:34:57 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11800 on: October 21, 2019, 01:14:18 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11801 on: October 21, 2019, 01:57:45 AM »
Yeah things aren’t feeling real great over here, not really sure where we stand we have a scheduled discussion next weekend lol fuck me. Currently living together still and just trying to be pleasant, even hangin out watching shows we like together and shit but just no love yous no kissin, giant emotional gulf.

Anyway, I’m definitely done with being attracted to the kind of excitement that really was at the core of my attraction to my current wife. Or at least being with someone who communicates like she does. If I try this whole thing again (honestly, 9 years of marriage is maybe like “okay I did that now I can be a hermit) I just want a nice Latina girl :doge

It's a small mercy but at least it sounds you could navigate this without too much bitterness, at least emotionally. From how you present it, that scheduled talk may probably be just a mutual acknowledgement that it died of natural causes.
ὕβρις

Oblivion

« Reply #11802 on: October 21, 2019, 03:06:17 AM »
omgomgomgomg

so, not only did she respond, but we chatted for HOURS. long, detailed, intimate conversations. i think she's really into me! :rejoice

good thing i decided to ignore raist's advice about not texting her :smug

Raist

« Reply #11803 on: October 21, 2019, 04:00:19 AM »
You ungrateful dick ::)

Oblivion

« Reply #11804 on: October 21, 2019, 05:04:45 AM »
:heartbeat  :-*

samir

« Reply #11805 on: October 21, 2019, 08:18:18 AM »
FHUTA

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11806 on: October 21, 2019, 10:54:35 AM »
How do you tell if a cute shaved-hair girl with piercings is a lesbian or just a straight girl with short hair?

Crushes are the worst. Sometimes I wish my dick didn't work

nudemacusers

« Reply #11807 on: October 21, 2019, 10:59:37 AM »
It’s based on BMI:

Below 18.5   Straight-leaning bisexual
18.5 – 24.9   straight
25.0 – 29.9   Gay-leaning bisexual
30.0 and Above  Gay
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Raist

« Reply #11808 on: October 21, 2019, 12:00:37 PM »
How do you tell if a cute shaved-hair girl with piercings is a lesbian or just a straight girl with short hair?

Crushes are the worst. Sometimes I wish my dick didn't work

Just ask her out you muppet.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11809 on: October 21, 2019, 02:28:42 PM »
If I see her again I just might

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #11810 on: October 21, 2019, 02:31:07 PM »
If you approach every girl like a potential friend (and not a fucktoy) all those sexuality questions will not matter.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11811 on: October 21, 2019, 03:09:40 PM »
Nah, i'm way too shy to approach a girl as a friend, let alone any other sort of way.

shosta

« Reply #11812 on: October 21, 2019, 03:12:02 PM »
you miss 100% of the shots you don't take
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11813 on: October 21, 2019, 03:15:07 PM »
Nah, i'm just gonna splash my face with cold water and try to forget all about it

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11814 on: October 22, 2019, 12:46:34 AM »
Nah, i'm way too shy to approach a girl as a friend, let alone any other sort of way.

Open up with a joke to break the ice.

…oh, wait. This is you we're talking about :teehee
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 02:28:38 AM by BIONIC »
Margs

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #11815 on: October 22, 2019, 01:30:02 AM »
Yeah things aren’t feeling real great over here, not really sure where we stand we have a scheduled discussion next weekend
Oof. Not sure if things are really busy and this is a good sign of someone making time for what's important. Or if it's "ammo gathering" time. Either way, hang in there cubed cats.
que

Oblivion

« Reply #11816 on: October 22, 2019, 03:23:03 AM »
another successful night!

it started off a little concerning cause she didn't respond to my text for several hours, but she eventually does and lets me know she was out with friends. we had another enjoyable multi-hour long back and forth.

so far so good!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11817 on: October 22, 2019, 03:29:27 AM »
I know it's normal but it honestly doesn't sound like you should be panicked for a delayed text response. This thing is as on rails as it can be. :lol
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #11818 on: October 22, 2019, 03:29:48 AM »
Make plans to see her in person soon.

Last thing you want is a text/phone-only thing dragging on for weeks and weeks.
每天生气

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11819 on: October 22, 2019, 03:31:45 AM »
another successful night!

it started off a little concerning cause she didn't respond to my text for several hours, but she eventually does and lets me know she was out with friends. we had another enjoyable multi-hour long back and forth.

so far so good!

Ask her out already breh.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And get a neck tat if you really want to seal the deal  :-[
[close]
Margs