Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1411794 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #360 on: January 06, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »
Man, I took a brutal rejection last night. I have a coworker who I'd always thought was pretty cute and awesome, and I'd always gotten an interested vibe from her. Not a particularly subtle one either.

After my breakup a month ago I thought I might see if I could make anything happen and started talking to her more. We were talking about some kind of open mic night she was going to play at this weekend. Then she asks if I want to come dancing with her and a friend that night. I was pretty excited and made up my mind that I'd ask her on a real date if an opportunity came up.

At the club, the vibe I was getting from her was different at first. I started to rethink things. But then she really opened up again, so I chalked it up to her being nervous. Lol. We danced for a bit, and then she wanted to buy me a drink at the bar. That seemed like a decent sign that things were a go, so I asked if I could take her out sometime. At this time I figured there was probably an 80-90% probability that she'd say yes.

The rejection was unceremonious and as efficient as an executioner's axe. I basically got one-shotted. She wasn't particularly mean about it, but she didn't really let me salvage anything either. So I walked upstairs, bummed a cigarette from a dude outside, then got a drink at the upstairs bar, and she came up and started talking to me like nothing had happened and we were buddies.

So I read this girl completely wrong for like a year. I guess she was very interested in me platonically. It's the kind of misread that makes me seriously doubt my ability to read anyone.

Gonna take a few days to pick myself back up. I'll get there, but damn.
At least you got closure. I know this situation and feeling pretty well.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:45:01 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Oblivion

« Reply #361 on: January 07, 2017, 06:57:40 PM »
Told you this would happen. It's good to get out the way now comes the real hard part. Finding that person that it doesn't feel soulless with.

Wait, were you talking to me, or Dufus/Atra?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #362 on: January 07, 2017, 11:17:50 PM »
atra sorry

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #363 on: January 08, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »
I'm noticing that girls are being much more flirty with me as of late.  :doge
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:42:50 PM by Atramental »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #364 on: January 08, 2017, 05:44:40 PM »
Hah!

Next stage: remembering such moments from your teenage years.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #365 on: January 08, 2017, 09:57:10 PM »
fuck her man. There are so many waves out there to ride, why catch feelings because you can't ride one that doesn't respect you. Live your life man. And if she changes her mind and wants to get with you...tell her you're not interested anymore and keep it moving.
:rejoice

Rahxephon91

« Reply #366 on: January 08, 2017, 10:14:39 PM »
At least you got closure. I know this situation and feeling pretty well.

This is by far the most confident I've been in an attempt that ended up failing. The attraction vibe I was getting from her was really strong. The last time I got a vibe that strong, the girl told me later that she had been waiting for me to ask. I guess some people interact in an idiosyncratic way that's easier to misinterpret.
Yeah, at least you did it and good on you. I couldn't do it. I'll try to be as level headed as I can possibly be in this thread(I'm not as much of a psycho as I come off). I'm in the exact position as you were and have been for the past year I guess. The girl at my job has been extremely flirty with me, to the point that everyone at work assumes things, asks me about it, and jokes about it. Even my managers.  I'd say we are good enough friends as it is. Really good chemistry. We talk and joke a lot at work. She touches me a lot in joking ways and maybe physically bumps into me sometimes(which hey according to all those "ways to know a girl likes you" wiki guides means something!) and she seemed/seems to always include me in many of her after work stuff even when she was clearly dating someone else. I clearly like this girl and find her to have a great personality and body, but I also enjoy her as a friend so I wouldn't want to make it awkward. But I feel like if you asked any dude, he would say her actions clearly say she's interested. She already knows how I think and while that hasn't changed her behavior it also hasn't upped it so think. I also in the end could easily just see this as her simply acting like a friend. Her best female friend who is also my friend hasn't said anything to really confirm anything either.  She also has a pretty complicated relationship with .....well her baby daddy.

Anyway, I just have a very eh "well just have to see what happens" approach.

Oblivion

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #368 on: January 09, 2017, 01:43:59 AM »
Some girls are just flirty in the way they deal with guys. Others feel compelled to include romantic cues because they have messed up ideas about men and women being unable to deal with each other except as potential sexual partners. Still others insist on nurturing a side thing outside their main relationship because they're not happy with what they've got and are looking for external validation. Humans are a hot mess.  :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #369 on: January 09, 2017, 10:50:35 AM »
Some girls are just flirty in the way they deal with guys. Others feel compelled to include romantic cues because they have messed up ideas about men and women being unable to deal with each other except as potential sexual partners. Still others insist on nurturing a side thing outside their main relationship because they're not happy with what they've got and are looking for external validation. Humans are a hot mess.  :doge
this is all very true and I've found in all the relationship advice I give and women I talk to, I find the above to be true almost always. So when someone's flirty with me I immediate go through the list above (and a few others) and think "Which of these are we dealing with?" Instead of thinking, "Hey, she's into me!"

Seeing how people are in relationships has ruined me :goty
que

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #370 on: January 09, 2017, 11:43:34 AM »
About to get a tad emo, you were warned.

Well, I thought things were going well with the teacher, but while I was in DC for Magfest she sent me a text. She gave me the whole spiel about how I'm such a nice guy, but she doesn't think we have anything in common so it won't work out. And "hope you find someone soon, you deserve it!"  :-\  :-\ :-\

While I definitely think we didn't have much in common - come on, she didn't even know who Ash and Misty were, had no idea whatsoever about any of my interests, which is weird because she teaches nerdy HS kids - also, she was big into volunteering and athletic and meanwhile I'm the most apathetic person with zero athletic talent, I don't think this is the reason (aside from one girl big into RPGs and another girl who was a huge foodie it's rare I have much in common with the girls I date). Probably she had someone else she liked better. Or it could be she had ridiculously high standards that I couldn't meet.

So I had a bit of a panic attack after hearing the news, proceeded to go ham on the Match app and have 2 dates scheduled for next week. One with a dentist who says she has zero hobbies whatsoever, and another with a girl who works at a group home, who is cute af but unfortunately isn't educated :( Also I have some other girls I've been chatting with (all similar-looking brunettes for some reason :P ).

But whenever I'm on the market, it's always followed a similar trajectory. Join a dating site full of optimism, go out with a few girls that seem to have everything I'm looking for - attractive, intelligent, personable, kindhearted. Then, things don't work out with them so I start gradually lowering my standards. End up going out with girls I have minimal chemistry with, girls I'm not terribly attracted to, girls without many passions ("basic"), etc. When those don't work out, I start to get really frustrated, and then I end up taking the first girl that comes around that's interested in me. The last 3 girls I went out with for any length of time all had the same things in common:
-obsessive about one thing in particular (Jesus/Reading/Food)
-had serious self-esteem issues
-had a fucked up family life

I'm a kindhearted guy (not the "nice guy" stereotype since I do get laid and get into relationships), I'm generally pretty easygoing and good natured, reasonably intelligent, come from a tight-knit Italian family, and I have my shit (mostly) together, so I'm like the perfect 'way out' for these girls. (but lest I toot my horn that much - I'm also not attractive, am pretty awkward in person, have a bit of OCD, have my own obsessive nerdy interests that everyone on this board already knows) Everyone sees the warning signs but me (though to be fair a few of my friends LOVED my last girlfriend and were sad when I broke up with her). And eventually stuff just bubbles up so much to the surface that I just am like "I can't do this anymore".

Anyways, new dating resolution for me - this time, I will NOT settle.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:48:00 AM by tiesto »
^_^

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #371 on: January 09, 2017, 12:46:06 PM »
I've said it many times. I think people over-value things in common and miss out on a ton of people they might have had incredible relationships with if they had just been more open minded about the things in common stuff.

My wife and I have more differences than things in common but our relationship works really well because we view those differences as making our lives richer/fuller. In a way, people focus so much on things in common they pass up people they might have had good chemistry with and chemistry is hella important because people will change, that's the way of it and chemistry is what will keep you together when you're both different people.

That being said, there are certain things you have to have in common (like if one of you is a homebody and the other is a person that has to be out in the social scene all the time, or one of you is a fitness nut and the other is a lazy slob that ain't going to work) but I think people demand too much in common in areas that don't really have any bearing on a successful relationship.

Open yourself up to dating people you generally might not have. You might learn a few things about yourself.
que

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #372 on: January 09, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »
or if she's into gangbangs and he's into side huggin that ain't gonna work.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #373 on: January 09, 2017, 01:16:36 PM »
or if she's into gangbangs and he's into side huggin that ain't gonna work.
Oh it'll work....for me :cody
que

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #374 on: January 09, 2017, 03:11:42 PM »
a girl who works at a group home, who is cute af but unfortunately isn't educated :(

how is this a bad thing

Because I'm at that age where I'm looking to meet a life partner and would prefer someone on my intellectual/educational level?
^_^

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #375 on: January 09, 2017, 03:20:54 PM »
Nah. I'd much rather be the stupid one.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #376 on: January 09, 2017, 04:34:07 PM »
I don't understand focusing on having similar hobbies, or feeling like hobbies will hold things together. The girl I'm seeing now is somewhat outgoing, loves trap music, likes dogs, smokes weed (although she's given that up in favor of edibles now) and various other things I don't really like. The things we have in common are moreso emotional or macro level worldview/goals/ideals. We both work hard, enjoy our own personal space, and come together because we like each other as people. I don't care that she doesn't obsess over football, she doesn't care that I like weird or "dusty" rap music. We enjoy and "need" each other for entirely different reasons.

IMO a major factor is finding someone you can do absolutely nothing with and still have a blast. We don't need to dabble in a hobby or go out...if you can chill with someone, make some food together, watch a TV show, go for a walk...if all that stuff can be fun solely because you aren't doing it by yourself, you know you've found someone cool.

El Babua

« Reply #377 on: January 09, 2017, 05:03:59 PM »
I believe in you

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #378 on: January 09, 2017, 05:46:05 PM »
I believe EL Babua who believes in you. So don't believe in yourself. Believe in me who believes in El Babua who believes in you.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #379 on: January 09, 2017, 05:53:51 PM »
Believe in yourself. You're not a bad person, and I do believe that you're not the person that you display in this thread -- though I think it /is/ part of who you are, and hope you can find some peace with yourself.

You're a worthwhile person, and when you believe that you will find others will recognize it as well.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #380 on: January 09, 2017, 06:23:42 PM »
I don't believe in you

Sorry
dur

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #381 on: January 09, 2017, 07:08:42 PM »
Get confused with Rahx brehs
que

Rahxephon91

« Reply #382 on: January 09, 2017, 07:30:34 PM »
Are you guys confusing me with Rahx :doge

I value myself (I certainly don't hate myself) and I haven't 'written off' 2017 :doge
I don't quite understand where this mentality came from. I haven't written off 2017 anymore than 2016. And I certainly don't hate myself and besides that's never stopped anyone before.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:51:38 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #383 on: January 09, 2017, 07:42:43 PM »
Dufus main star of Season 2

Aren't there Roma in your area who you could easily impress with your baking skills and housing situation?

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #384 on: January 09, 2017, 07:58:48 PM »
True. But at least I'm an entertaining special fellow. :trumps

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #385 on: January 09, 2017, 08:17:38 PM »
Eat da boot Doof (warrior).

Tbh my last girlfriend ended things with me in part because we didn't have enough in common. It can be an actual problem.

Yeah but that could also really mean that she's losing interest for other reasons and "dissimilar hobbies" becomes the symptom or excuse she had. Don't blame yourself as sometimes people just aren't in the right place emotionally for a relationship. I feel like a lot of what makes people break up over incompatibility is unrealistic ideals on how conflict resolution should work in a relationship.

Himu

« Reply #386 on: January 09, 2017, 10:11:45 PM »
Dufus' confidence on this page is very attractive. Go get em!
IYKYK

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #387 on: January 10, 2017, 12:46:46 AM »
Big shoes to fill dufus  :salute

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2017, 12:58:47 AM »
 :hitler

spoiler (click to show/hide)
good luck
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #389 on: January 10, 2017, 01:00:10 AM »
:hitler

good luck
[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #390 on: January 10, 2017, 01:10:10 AM »
Big shoes to fill dufus  :salute

Let's hope this isn't a True Detective S2 tier let down.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #391 on: January 10, 2017, 09:22:10 AM »
Not providing deets? Where's the fun in that?  >:(

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register:doge
[close]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:35:25 AM by Atramental »

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #392 on: January 10, 2017, 09:58:49 AM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register:doge
[close]

:kobeyuck

my dirty talk would be much more tasteful and sophisticated, that's for sure
Lol. I'd love to hear what your dirty talk would be.  :PP

[close]

edit: But, besides all of that, rough sex is pretty fun for the most part.  :doge
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:16:12 AM by Atramental »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #393 on: January 10, 2017, 10:20:06 AM »
she sounds like she was a keeper

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #394 on: January 10, 2017, 10:21:58 AM »
Didn't you dump this girl because she was boring?  :doge
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #395 on: January 10, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »
You nutted in her raw?  :lol

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #396 on: January 10, 2017, 10:45:19 AM »
Didn't you dump this girl because she was boring?  :doge
Boring outside of bed...

I blame it on my "INTP" personality. I need intellectual stimulation more so than physical & emotional stimulation.  :doge

You nutted in her raw?  :lol
Fuck no. I would be losing my shit daily if I did.  :anhuld

And she did offer to let me put it in raw but I was all "thanks... but no thanks..."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:50:04 AM by Atramental »

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #398 on: January 10, 2017, 12:22:12 PM »
Been talking to this short, chubby, Jewish blonde who is 29. A fellow UB grad, and an elementary school teacher. She mentioned she liked classic games like Zeruda. Promising!
^_^

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #399 on: January 10, 2017, 11:15:39 PM »
Been talking to this short, chubby, Jewish blonde who is 29. A fellow UB grad, and an elementary school teacher. She mentioned she liked classic games like Zeruda. Promising!

How big are her tits?  Big Jewish tits are my kryptonite.
🍆🍆

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #400 on: January 11, 2017, 08:14:20 AM »
Had a girl ask me if I use Reddit on a date last week

Not going to be a second date
dur

nudemacusers

« Reply #401 on: January 11, 2017, 09:06:07 AM »
I blame it on my "INTP" personality.

:neogaf

You don't have an intp personality you took an online quiz to reinforce your preconceived notions of how you think you should interact with others and also to provide you a concrete basis (in your mind) to rationalize actions and mantain a status quo as a workaround for avoiding social challenges. Hence falling back on this "personality category" when encountering difficult and new experiences.

I'm watching you :ufup
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #402 on: January 11, 2017, 09:14:07 AM »
People act like the Meyers Briggs isn't just as scientific as astrology and healing crystals.  :doge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #403 on: January 11, 2017, 09:23:01 AM »
It's a shorthand and more PC way of saying that I'm a special fellow and I like to special fellow out with other spergs or at least people who understand spergs.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #404 on: January 11, 2017, 09:49:13 AM »

They look to be really big. Jewish chicks also tend to have really nice asses from what I've seen!
^_^

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2017, 10:16:44 AM »
They're (((this big)))

So like...an inch wide?
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2017, 10:28:28 AM »

They look to be really big. Jewish chicks also tend to have really nice asses from what I've seen!

Ah, a zaftig.  Please keep us updated.
🍆🍆

nudemacusers

« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2017, 10:46:04 AM »
It's a shorthand and more PC way of saying that I'm a special fellow and I like to special fellow out with other spergs or at least people who understand spergs.
You're only as spergy as you wanna be. I bet you weren't thinking about your INTP test when you were nutting in her.

Bless up etc.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #408 on: January 11, 2017, 01:23:28 PM »
Too many people confuse being introverted with being shy. It's more about where you find your energy - from social situations or from being alone. I consider myself introverted (INTJ every single time I take the MBTI) but not shy (awkward, on the other hand). I just feel a bit worn down after a while of heavy socialization, and also don't take any issue with spending a quite night home by myself.
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #409 on: January 11, 2017, 05:35:54 PM »
Since this girl added me on Facebook, I took a look at some of her pics. I didn't creep all the way back to 2008 or anything, but like a couple rows worth.

Anyway, this girl's apparent ex-boyfriend is way more attractive than I am. Like one of those typical GQ cover dudes. It's not even close. Not sure how I feel about attempting to follow that up. I'll have to win on personality while being just good-looking enough.

If it makes you feel better, a lot of the girls I broke up with ended up with guys less attractive than me, and they managed...
^_^

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #410 on: January 11, 2017, 06:13:00 PM »
If you're only going to date girls that haven't dated guys better looking than you, you're going to have a bad time.
que

nudemacusers

« Reply #411 on: January 11, 2017, 06:25:00 PM »
Since this girl added me on Facebook, I took a look at some of her pics. I didn't creep all the way back to 2008 or anything, but like a couple rows worth.

Anyway, this girl's apparent ex-boyfriend is way more attractive than I am. Like one of those typical GQ cover dudes. It's not even close. Not sure how I feel about attempting to follow that up. I'll have to win on personality while being just good-looking enough.
maybe he had a tiny dick
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #412 on: January 11, 2017, 06:44:00 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

who the fuck cares. ride the wave

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #413 on: January 11, 2017, 06:46:24 PM »

Maybe he was selfish. Maybe he couldn't get her off. Maybe he was a saint, or uninteresting. Maybe he was vapid and only cared about appearance.

studyguy

« Reply #414 on: January 11, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »
Don't stress, my current girl's ex is this giant marine dude twice my size.
He tried calling her two years into our relationship once while we were out, she laughed and hung up on him then he showed up at her work crying.
Some dudes are a fucking mess.
pause

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #415 on: January 11, 2017, 07:58:54 PM »
Maybe he had such a great personality and such great looks that this girl sabotaged the relationship because she felt unworthy of being with him.  So she decided to aim lower and you were there and...

Who the fuck cares.
🍆🍆

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #416 on: January 11, 2017, 08:31:17 PM »
Would you feel better if she only dated trolls in the past? That would basically confirm your own ugliness. You should feel good about being able to bang somebody that has as at least some basic standards.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #417 on: January 11, 2017, 10:08:51 PM »
I had a few girls out of my league because they were tired of being shit on by hot guys. Then once I disappointed them in different ways, they went back to hot guys.

Worth it.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #418 on: January 12, 2017, 09:47:45 AM »
Went out with the dentist last night and she was pretty nice, albeit rather soft-spoken and shy. I will shoot her a text and see if she'd be interested in hanging out again. Got a date with another girl on Friday and I'll probably try to set something up with Jewish Zeruda fan for next week.
^_^

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #419 on: January 12, 2017, 10:03:35 PM »
Ran into an old girlfriend a few days ago and we hit it off again pretty well.  There is a bad ice storm that is supposed to happen this weekend.  I asked if she wanted to go to my apartment to ride it out and she said yes.  I remember her being a little flaky so we'll see if it happens.

Edit: A friend of mine who is a stripper and I are going to spend a weekend getting loaded on absinthe in a few weeks.  Assuming I can get the good kind.  If not, we'll get drunk some other way.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:08:50 PM by (((Mary Tyler Whore))) »
🍆🍆