Author Topic: Depression/mental health thread  (Read 46037 times)

riotous

• shosta likes this
Re: Depression/mental health thread
« Reply #780 on: October 23, 2020, 01:32:08 PM »
You can definitely get light headed or feint from a panic attack but you would be feeling an intense sense of panic/fear before that happens.

I would 100% tell your doctors though.

I get insanely light headed sometimes when I stand up.. and can have almost seizure like symptoms.  I thought I did have a seizure a couple months back, legit blacked out and hit my head badly and have memories of shaking like I was having a seizure, but I guess it wasn't.. so they think I have some disorder where standing up causes extreme light headedness.

Can also happen if I move my head quickly without standing up, particularly if I am bending down and go up quickly... but it's happened once or twice when I sit down quickly as well (and in fact, when I've gotten in my car quickly and swung my head sideways fast.)

filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #781 on: October 23, 2020, 01:56:40 PM »
 :fbm

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #782 on: October 23, 2020, 02:08:03 PM »
Do you have a specific diagnoses for your psychosis filler?

It sounds like schizophrenia but I'm not some expert on that.

The "seeing connections where there aren't any" is a sort of tell-tale sign of early schizophrenia though, I do know that.. as I had a friend who would do that really intensely, thought minor coincidences were definitely conspiracies.  He also smoked way too much pot and I sent him some articles about schizophrenia and pot and early signs and it kinda fucked up our friendship.  He was also a thankless prick so it wasn't the end of the world, was just trying to help the guy.

filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #783 on: October 23, 2020, 02:17:14 PM »
mostly just what I've figured myself over time. the dr heard me thinking out loud and I guess there's some spectrum of hearing voices. thinking out loud is on there somewhere. they also said I was paranoid about things I was paranoid about at the time.

around jr high I couldn't close my eyes for too long without imagining something terrible happening in front of me. would happen especially during a shower while washing away soap. I got past that by telling myself that real life isn't that interesting and there's some monster I'll be dead  :lol it worked :)

I think I've had a lot of "fixes" I've come up with to get around what's going on in my head. some of the fixes could have been done better.

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #784 on: October 23, 2020, 02:24:02 PM »
I'd ad least consider quitting the weed man; I know that's a rough proposition but it is linked to psychosis.

filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #785 on: October 23, 2020, 03:09:06 PM »
probably seems worse than it is for you guys. I just have to make sure I get proper sleep at night and have some help taking care of mom. I feel calmness

if I were going out to the beach, I wouldn't smoke anything. maybe I should go

Transhuman

« Reply #786 on: October 23, 2020, 08:55:42 PM »
I quit the weed and you can too bud.

I'm bored all the time but that's on Covid

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #788 on: November 18, 2020, 09:48:44 AM »
Pretty sure they will be legalized for everyone eventually.   
NtGay

MMaRsu

« Reply #789 on: November 18, 2020, 10:09:52 AM »
Came into work, wasnt feeling too bad

all of a sudden an existential feeling of dread came over me, and I started tearing up and feeling like shit

After a call with my mom I calmed down tho wtf man

Didnt even know where it came from just got depressed af all of a sudden

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #790 on: November 22, 2020, 09:53:07 PM »
Came into work, wasnt feeling too bad

all of a sudden an existential feeling of dread came over me, and I started tearing up and feeling like shit

After a call with my mom I calmed down tho wtf man

Didnt even know where it came from just got depressed af all of a sudden

This whole year, a lot of stuff piles up. You're not alone. I've been midway through a day at work, and suddenly just feel like crying, and leaving, but I don't know where I'd go.