Author Topic: Celebrity Sexual Harasment Apocalypse Thread  (Read 122303 times)

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Re: Celebrity Sexual Harasment Apocalypse Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 24, 2018, 10:22:29 PM »
Is the problem really the programs in themselves though ? It's a genuine question. Maybe the only way to curb the terrible culture they groom at a particular place is to cut them out entirely.
The Michigan State side of the Nassar fallout is still unfolding (the President actually just resigned) so it's hard to say where things settle. Given some of the statements from victims during his trial, MSU was grossly negligent when it came to the safety of their students. It also sounds like many higher up in the administration went above and beyond to protect Nassar and/or just wanted the situation to go away. We know over a dozen employees knew something was going on and some victims reported abuse over 20 years ago and were ignored and even mocked. Pretty clear there was a lack of institutional control. It all sounds very Penn St.-esque.

In the case of Penn State, it was an unprecedented situation (or so we thought) and should have required an unprecedented punishment.  Most of penalties handed down to Penn St. were rescinded and they were ultimately slapped on the wrist. Essentially, the NCAA bungled the entire thing and now it puts this new investigation into MSU in awkward position. If the hammer does come down hard on MSU now, they have every right to cry foul for the NCAA's inconsistency. I think handling the Sandusky scandal properly would have at least laid out a template for future situations but that's out the window now.

So to answer your question, is the problem with just these individual programs? No, it isn't.  I don't think the behavior by Penn State administration (and apparently that of MSU) was all the different from that of the Catholic Church. Hide, deny, coverup. The fact these cases are so similar in terms of the school administrations' reactions to systematic abuse is super telling. This is a broader college athletics problem and there are no easy answers. The NCAA doesn't have the power to really address these kind of institutional failures and it has become apparent that the universities aren't capable of self-policing. Maybe this Nassar scandal will change something but I doubt it. 

TL:DR-It's fucked.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #661 on: January 25, 2018, 01:28:14 AM »
holy shit, never expected Lou Anna to resign

Bill on point:
Bill Ballenger, a longtime Lansing political commentator and publisher of The Ballenger Report political newsletter, said the next question is how many of the MSU trustees might now be removed.

“I think the trustees, at least up to this point, have really disgraced themselves in their handling of this whole thing,” Ballenger said.

He particularly pointed to Trustee Joel Ferguson, who gave a radio interview this week in which some interpreted his comments at trying he appeared to try as trying minimizing the sexual abuse scandal.

“The real question is whether people stop and say, 'OK, the president is enough,' ” Ballenger said.
I wonder if that means this famous for shady deals guy is finally out, he's up this year, and the other (Republican) Trustee up already announced he's not running for re-election:
Despite calls for the ouster of Michigan State University Lou Anna K. Simon, "that's not going to happen. Period," MSU Trustee Joel Ferguson said in a radio interview Monday.

benjipwns

« Reply #662 on: January 25, 2018, 01:30:20 AM »
former federal prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald, who led an internal MSU inquiry into the Nassar case, wrote: “While many in the community today wish that they had identified Nassar as a predator, we believe the evidence in this case will show that no one else at MSU knew that Nassar engaged in criminal behavior.”
wow, great work yet again, Fitz

Let's Cyber

« Reply #663 on: January 27, 2018, 12:46:25 AM »
To follow up on the Nassar story, Michigan St. was the wild west, apparently.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/22214566/pattern-denial-inaction-information-suppression-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Outside the Lines also has obtained never-before-publicized reports of sexual or violent incidents involving members of Izzo's storied basketball program, including one report made against a former undergraduate student-assistant coach who was allowed to continue coaching after he had been criminally charged for punching a female MSU student in the face at a bar in 2010. A few months later, after the Spartans qualified for the 2010 Final Four, the same assistant coach was accused of sexually assaulting a different female student.
That assistant coach had his assault and battery case dismissed, and he instead pleaded guilty to a civil infraction for littering.  :-\
Over the past three years, MSU has three times fought in court -- unsuccessfully -- to withhold names of athletes in campus police records. The school has also deleted so much information from some incident reports that they were nearly unreadable.
Totally not hiding anything, nothing to see here.

A lot of that stuff in that article isn't unusual at big universities, unfortunately. We recently saw how rotten Baylor was. With this Nassar scandal putting a microscope on Michigan St., many of their skeletons are about to be pulled out of the closet.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #664 on: January 27, 2018, 12:57:46 AM »
Meanwhile, the NCAA does absolutely nothing. But if it was some kid getting a free hamburger or something, they'd be all over it.
dog

Let's Cyber

« Reply #665 on: January 27, 2018, 01:29:17 AM »
Meanwhile, the NCAA does absolutely nothing. But if it was some kid getting a free hamburger or something, they'd be all over it.
Speaking of which...

https://theathletic.com/223555/2018/01/26/ncaa-president-mark-emmert-was-alerted-to-michigan-state-sexual-assault-reports-in-2010/
NCAA president Mark Emmert was specifically alerted in November 2010 — six months after he was hired as the organization's president — to 37 reports involving Michigan State athletes sexually assaulting women.
So they knew Michigan St. was a mess 7 years ago but did nothing. This line is revealing
"You do kind of get the fox guarding the hen house mentality. You do feel like the NCAA doesn’t like to do investigations because they like their relationships (with university officials and conferences)"

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #666 on: January 27, 2018, 03:24:43 AM »
The NCAA is clearly the wrong organization to be monitoring and punishing colleges for this kind of shit, though they've created that expectation by making sure players never get paid for their labor enforcing rules relating to amateurism.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #667 on: February 04, 2018, 06:41:18 PM »
Bumpity Bumpity Bump.

Tangentially related to this topic:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/opinion/sunday/this-is-why-uma-thurman-is-angry.html

Quote from: Excerpts
Thurman got to know Weinstein and his first wife, Eve, in the afterglow of “Pulp Fiction.” “I knew him pretty well before he attacked me,” she said. “He used to spend hours talking to me about material and complimenting my mind and validating me. It possibly made me overlook warning signs. This was my champion. I was never any kind of studio darling. He had a chokehold on the type of films and directors that were right for me.”

Things soon went off-kilter in a meeting in his Paris hotel room. “It went right over my head,” she says. They were arguing about a script when the bathrobe came out.

“I didn’t feel threatened,” she recalls. “I thought he was being super idiosyncratic, like this was your kooky, eccentric uncle.”

He told her to follow him down a hall — there were always, she says, “vestibules within corridors within chambers” — so they could keep talking. “Then I followed him through a door and it was a steam room. And I was standing there in my full black leather outfit — boots, pants, jacket. And it was so hot and I said, ‘This is ridiculous, what are you doing?’ And he was getting very flustered and mad and he jumped up and ran out.”

The first “attack,” she says, came not long after in Weinstein’s suite at the Savoy Hotel in London. “It was such a bat to the head. He pushed me down. He tried to shove himself on me. He tried to expose himself. He did all kinds of unpleasant things. But he didn’t actually put his back into it and force me. You’re like an animal wriggling away, like a lizard. I was doing anything I could to get the train back on the track. My track. Not his track.”

She was staying in Fulham with her friend, Ilona Herman, Robert De Niro’s longtime makeup artist, who later worked with Thurman on “Kill Bill.”

“The next day to her house arrived a 26-inch-wide vulgar bunch of roses,” Thurman says. “They were yellow. And I opened the note like it was a soiled diaper and it just said, ‘You have great instincts.’” Then, she says, Weinstein’s assistants started calling again to talk about projects.

She thought she could confront him and clear it up, but she took Herman with her and asked Weinstein to meet her in the Savoy bar. The assistants had their own special choreography to lure actresses into the spider’s web and they pressured Thurman, putting Weinstein on the phone to again say it was a misunderstanding and “we have so many projects together.” Finally she agreed to go upstairs, while Herman waited on a settee outside the elevators.

Once the assistants vanished, Thurman says, she warned Weinstein, “If you do what you did to me to other people you will lose your career, your reputation and your family, I promise you.” Her memory of the incident abruptly stops there.

Through a representative, Weinstein, who is in therapy in Arizona, agreed that “she very well could have said this.”

Downstairs, Herman was getting nervous. “It seemed to take forever,” the friend told me. Finally, the elevator doors opened and Thurman walked out. “She was very disheveled and so upset and had this blank look,” Herman recalled. “Her eyes were crazy and she was totally out of control. I shoveled her into the taxi and we went home to my house. She was really shaking.” Herman said that when the actress was able to talk again, she revealed that Weinstein had threatened to derail her career.

Through a spokesperson, Weinstein denied ever threatening her prospects and said that he thought she was “a brilliant actress.” He acknowledged her account of the episodes but said that up until the Paris steam room, they had had “a flirtatious and fun working relationship.”

“Mr. Weinstein acknowledges making a pass at Ms. Thurman in England after misreading her signals in Paris,” the statement said. “He immediately apologized.”

Thurman says that, even though she was in the middle of a run of Miramax projects, she privately regarded Weinstein as an enemy after that. One top Hollywood executive who knew them both said the work relationship continued but that basically, “She didn’t give him the time of day.”

Thurman says that she could tolerate the mogul in supervised environments and that she assumed she had “aged out of the window of his assault range.”

She attended the party he had in SoHo in September for Tarantino’s engagement to Daniella Pick, an Israeli singer. In response to queries about Thurman’s revelations, Weinstein sent along six pictures of chummy photos of the two of them at premieres and parties over the years.

And that brings us to “the Quentin of it all,” as Thurman calls it. The animosity between Weinstein and Thurman infected her creative partnership with Tarantino.

In the famous scene where she’s driving the blue convertible to kill Bill — the same one she put on Instagram on Thanksgiving — she was asked to do the driving herself.

But she had been led to believe by a teamster, she says, that the car, which had been reconfigured from a stick shift to an automatic, might not be working that well.

She says she insisted that she didn’t feel comfortable operating the car and would prefer a stunt person to do it. Producers say they do not recall her objecting.

“Quentin came in my trailer and didn’t like to hear no, like any director,” she says. “He was furious because I’d cost them a lot of time. But I was scared. He said: ‘I promise you the car is fine. It’s a straight piece of road.’” He persuaded her to do it, and instructed: “ ‘Hit 40 miles per hour or your hair won’t blow the right way and I’ll make you do it again.’ But that was a deathbox that I was in. The seat wasn’t screwed down properly. It was a sand road and it was not a straight road.” (Tarantino did not respond to requests for comment.)

Thurman then shows me the footage that she says has taken her 15 years to get. “Solving my own Nancy Drew mystery,” she says.

It’s from the point of view of a camera mounted to the back of the Karmann Ghia. It’s frightening to watch Thurman wrestle with the car, as it drifts off the road and smashes into a palm tree, her contorted torso heaving helplessly until crew members appear in the frame to pull her out of the wreckage. Tarantino leans in and Thurman flashes a relieved smile when she realizes that she can briefly stand.

“The steering wheel was at my belly and my legs were jammed under me,” she says. “I felt this searing pain and thought, ‘Oh my God, I’m never going to walk again,’” she says. “When I came back from the hospital in a neck brace with my knees damaged and a large massive egg on my head and a concussion, I wanted to see the car and I was very upset. Quentin and I had an enormous fight, and I accused him of trying to kill me. And he was very angry at that, I guess understandably, because he didn’t feel he had tried to kill me.”

Even though their marriage was spiraling apart, Hawke immediately left the Abbey of Gethsemani in Kentucky to fly to his wife’s side.

“I approached Quentin in very serious terms and told him that he had let Uma down as a director and as a friend,” he told me. He said he told Tarantino, “Hey, man, she is a great actress, not a stunt driver, and you know that.” Hawke added that the director “was very upset with himself and asked for my forgiveness.”

Two weeks after the crash, after trying to see the car and footage of the incident, she had her lawyer send a letter to Miramax, summarizing the event and reserving the right to sue.

Miramax offered to show her the footage if she signed a document “releasing them of any consequences of my future pain and suffering,” she says. She didn’t.

Well, certainly explains a lot of things...

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #668 on: March 08, 2018, 10:36:04 AM »
NYPD preparing to arrest Harvey Weinstein if his donation to Cy Vance doesn't clear by the end of the week.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-nypd-is-ready-to-arrest-harvey-weinstein-will-district-attorney-cy-vance-finally-agree-to-let-them

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #669 on: March 26, 2018, 07:11:30 PM »
In one of the biggest "no shit" moments, Nickelodeon finally parts ways with Dan Schneider: https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/978400201105801216

BREAKING: Nickelodeon officially parts ways with Dan Schneider. DHD reports "multiple complaints of abusive behavior against Schneider filed by members of his staff" "Under a cloud of suspicion over the treatment of some younger stars." "Well documented temper issues for years.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #670 on: March 26, 2018, 07:12:27 PM »
triplepost lol
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #671 on: March 26, 2018, 07:13:04 PM »
triplepost: how suspicious that the board decided to shit the bed when I posted this :hans1
🍆🍆

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #672 on: March 26, 2018, 07:14:08 PM »
Wow Dan Schneider posts on REE?
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #673 on: March 26, 2018, 10:15:03 PM »
So, The Mormon (LDS) church is currently having some horrendous stuff come to light. There's this campus called the MTC (Missionary Training Center) where kids 18 - early 20s go to get trained to serve a mormon mission. These men and women are volunteering and PAYING to be there. Further, the building and maintenance and everything is subsidized by church tithing. In the past few days the following has come to light:

- Former MTC President admitted ON TAPE to sexually assaulting a woman in the 80s in the basement of the MTC
- Same guy admits on tape to grooming young women he might be able to sexually assault and to grooming at least one other young woman which he assualted
- One of the victims reported him to the church, they did nothing
- The dude was reported to the police, they did nothing
- The victim reported the guy again to the church they did nothing because they felt he had repented
- The victim records a 2 hour interview (without the guy's consent) with the guy where he admits to all these things
- The victim sends the tape to the church in January.  They actually do something. That thing they did? They took a bunch of LDS friendly law makers out to a fancy lunch in February and pushed for them to pass a law making it illegal to record someone without their consent
- The tape gets leaked
- The church issues a public statement where it casts aspersions on the victim saying "Oh she's a 'former mormon' who only served her mission shortly'" which is a HUGE dog whistle for active members to say this person can't be trusted and says the guy hasn't been disciplined because it's unclear what happened and if the allegations are true (this despite the fact the guy is on tape saying, "Yeah, I did that")
- Some in the church say "That's such a lie, nothing like that ever happened in the MTC"
- Several former staff from the MTC come out and say that they do remember a weird room in the basement with a bed in it

So in essence, we have an admission that a church leader was grooming young women volunteers, raping them in a church facility paid for with member tithes and the church will not discipline him and all my active mormon friends who threw a hissy fit and signed petitions because they felt that the NYT's obituary for their prophet last year wasn't adoring enough, all those people COMPLETELY quiet. 

It's entirely disgusting.
que

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #674 on: March 26, 2018, 10:18:54 PM »
So, The Mormon (LDS) church is currently having some horrendous stuff come to light. There's this campus called the MTC (Missionary Training Center) where kids 18 - early 20s go to get trained to serve a mormon mission. These men and women are volunteering and PAYING to be there. Further, the building and maintenance and everything is subsidized by church tithing. In the past few days the following has come to light:

- Former MTC President admitted ON TAPE to sexually assaulting a woman in the 80s in the basement of the MTC
- Same guy admits on tape to grooming young women he might be able to sexually assault and to grooming at least one other young woman which he assualted
- The victim reported the guy again to the church they did nothing because they felt he had repented
- The victim records a 2 hour interview (without the guy's consent) with the guy where he admits to all these things
- The victim sends the tape to the church in January.  They actually do something. That thing they did? They took a bunch of LDS friendly law makers out to a fancy lunch in February and pushed for them to pass a law making it illegal to record someone without their consent
- The tape gets leaked
- The church issues a public statement where it casts aspersions on the victim saying "Oh she's a 'former mormon' who only served her mission shortly'" which is a HUGE dog whistle for active members to say this person can't be trusted and says the guy hasn't been disciplined because it's unclear what happened and if the allegations are true (this despite the fact the guy is on tape saying, "Yeah, I did that")
- Some in the church say "That's such a lie, nothing like that ever happened in the MTC"
- Several former staff from the MTC come out and say that they do remember a weird room in the basement with a bed in it

So in essence, we have an admission that a church leader was grooming young women volunteers, raping them in a church facility paid for with member tithes and the church will not discipline him and all my active mormon friends who threw a hissy fit and signed petitions because they felt that the NYT's obituary for their prophet last year wasn't adoring enough, all those people COMPLETELY quiet. 

But have they clarified their stance on MormonBoyz.com? They’re real Mormons, right?
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #675 on: March 26, 2018, 10:47:47 PM »
the mormon chick from real world was hot
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:58:07 PM by filler »

thisismyusername

« Reply #676 on: March 26, 2018, 11:56:29 PM »
In one of the biggest "no shit" moments, Nickelodeon finally parts ways with Dan Schneider: https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/978400201105801216

BREAKING: Nickelodeon officially parts ways with Dan Schneider. DHD reports "multiple complaints of abusive behavior against Schneider filed by members of his staff" "Under a butt of suspicion over the treatment of some younger stars." "Well documented temper issues for years.

How long until he's got like Amir0x?

https://twitter.com/AnOpenSecret/status/978406107516424192

Creepy fuck.

thisismyusername

« Reply #677 on: March 27, 2018, 12:12:24 AM »
I think it should be noted that Nick didn't suggest anything like that as a reason for the partnership ending. Considering companies can't wait to broadcast they're getting rid of problematic people, I think it's just as likely that it's over the lack of hits coming form Schneider's company over the past 4-5 years.

Supposedly he blew up at Nick execs since his last show was getting cancelled days after they finished filming season 3. But still: I hope the other shoe drops and the meme of /tv/ is true because he gives off creeper vibes.

TVC15

« Reply #678 on: March 27, 2018, 12:30:26 AM »
I was just watching Scream on TV and

serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #679 on: March 27, 2018, 01:19:07 AM »
Dan Schneider not having actual weird shit in his closet would surprise the fuck out of me.

dkdk

« Reply #680 on: March 27, 2018, 01:29:05 AM »
I think it should be noted that Nick didn't suggest anything like that as a reason for the partnership ending. Considering companies can't wait to broadcast they're getting rid of problematic people, I think it's just as likely that it's over the lack of hits coming form Schneider's company over the past 4-5 years.

kingv

« Reply #681 on: March 27, 2018, 01:36:19 AM »

- The tape gets leaked

look he repented. If god can forgive him, why can't you?

bluemax

« Reply #682 on: March 27, 2018, 02:46:10 AM »

- The tape gets leaked

Literally nothing about this surprises me. The only part I'm not surprised about is the lack of him assaulting male missionaries, but then again they would've done something if that were the case.

SALT LAKE CITY —The LDS Church's First Presidency announced significant policy changes Monday, providing direction on how bishops and stake presidencies may conduct interviews with women and children and how they counsel victims of abuse and sexual abuse.

The changes specified that children, youth and women now may invite an adult to join them in what traditionally have been personal interviews. Some had said they were uncomfortable being interviewed one-on-one by a male priesthood leader.

The First Presidency also clarified to members of bishoprics and stake presidencies how they should respond to reports of sexual abuse and how to minister in those situations. The changes explicitly state that local leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints should never disregard a report of abuse and should never encourage members to remain in an abusive situation.

"To ensure the safety and protection of children, youth and adults, we ask that all priesthood and auxiliary leaders become familiar with existing church policies and guidelines on preventing and responding to abuse," stated the letter, which was signed by church President Russell M. Nelson and his counselors, President Dallin H. Oaks and President Henry B. Eyring.

Oh well! Everything is kosher now!

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900013999/lds-first-presidency-letter-directs-leaders-to-review-teach-policies-on-preventing-responding-to-sex-abuse.html
NO

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #683 on: March 27, 2018, 09:17:56 AM »
Watch your church cover for pedophiles, brehs.
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #684 on: March 27, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »

Supposedly he blew up at Nick execs since his last show was getting cancelled days after they finished filming season 3. But still: I hope the other shoe drops and the meme of /tv/ is true because he gives off creeper vibes.

:ohyou

©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #685 on: March 27, 2018, 11:49:16 AM »
I wonder if the Missionary Training Center is next to the Anal Destruction one.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #686 on: March 27, 2018, 12:26:33 PM »
I wonder if the Missionary Training Center is next to the Anal Destruction one.
Apparently, they're one in the same.
que

kingv

« Reply #687 on: March 27, 2018, 12:59:45 PM »
They just go confused about which type of missionary they were training for.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #688 on: March 27, 2018, 01:34:52 PM »
I think that Jesus would want to clarify the forgiveness part of Puppy's story.
©ZH

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #689 on: March 27, 2018, 03:34:45 PM »
I'm not one to kink shame, but foot fetishists can go fuck right off to hell. Creepy god damn weirdo perverts. Doubly so when they're pedophiles

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #690 on: March 27, 2018, 03:43:44 PM »
Fun Fact: Mormons have this thing called the "Second Anointing" where essentially if you get high up enough in the church you perform this ordinance and it means your salvation is made sure. You can do whatever you want, you skill get to go to the high level of heaven. And there is no way that this guy who ran the MTC did not have it.
It's actually fascinating if you're into that kind of stuff. There's a guy who got it, they promised him he'd see Jesus in the ordinance and then when it was done they were like "Isn't that great?" When he asked when he'd get to see Jesus they said it was a spiritual manifestation, not a physical one. Dude ended up leaving the church and posting all the details. But, since he has the second anointing they can't excommunicate or even discipline him. It's hilarious. (Google Tom Philips)
que

Brehvolution

« Reply #691 on: March 27, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »
That has to be a top 5 troll of all time.
©ZH

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #692 on: March 27, 2018, 03:47:08 PM »

BREAKING: Nickelodeon officially parts ways with Dan Schneider. DHD reports "multiple complaints of abusive behavior against Schneider filed by members of his staff" "Under a cloud of suspicion over the treatment of some younger stars." "Well documented temper issues for years.
I fucking knew it!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
well, it was kinda obvious.  :doge
[close]

kingv

« Reply #693 on: March 27, 2018, 04:48:35 PM »
I’m surprised they didn’t say “parted ways because of his obvious pedo foot fetish”

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #694 on: March 28, 2018, 04:48:01 AM »
Fun Fact: Mormons have this thing called the "Second Anointing" where essentially if you get high up enough in the church you perform this ordinance and it means your salvation is made sure. You can do whatever you want, you skill get to go to the high level of heaven. And there is no way that this guy who ran the MTC did not have it.
It's actually fascinating if you're into that kind of stuff. There's a guy who got it, they promised him he'd see Jesus in the ordinance and then when it was done they were like "Isn't that great?" When he asked when he'd get to see Jesus they said it was a spiritual manifestation, not a physical one. Dude ended up leaving the church and posting all the details. But, since he has the second anointing they can't excommunicate or even discipline him. It's hilarious. (Google Tom Philips)
Thomas Hannifan is an American professional wrestling commentator and sports broadcaster better known by the ring name Tom Phillips. He is currently signed to WWE, where he serves as the lead play-by-play commentator on SmackDown Live. Phillips served as the play-by-play commentator on NXT from 2014-2017 and on 205 Live.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #696 on: March 28, 2018, 09:55:34 AM »
:rkelly
que

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #697 on: March 28, 2018, 10:02:32 AM »
bbc documentary. Hehehehehehe.

kingv

« Reply #698 on: March 28, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »
For real, why isn’t R Kelly in jail?

Brehvolution

« Reply #699 on: March 28, 2018, 11:50:07 AM »
Lawyers  :success
©ZH

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #700 on: March 28, 2018, 12:11:02 PM »
BAD sex pet! BAD! You don't pee on the floor! No! NO!

You pee on ME!

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #702 on: March 30, 2018, 02:45:52 AM »
John K is the biggest bummer out of all of these for me, but yeah stopping to think for a moment and considering the kind of content he snuck onto Nickelodeon perhaps it shouldn't be that surprising. :gloomy
Hi

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #703 on: March 30, 2018, 03:38:25 AM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #704 on: March 30, 2018, 07:16:03 AM »
lol anyone who is remotely surprised or disappointed by John K being a pervert is super dumb. Remember that time Billy West said anything good about that guy ever?

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #705 on: March 30, 2018, 11:00:10 PM »

ex-mormons have the most amazing stories

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #706 on: April 25, 2018, 10:33:05 PM »
https://pagesix.com/2018/04/25/tina-brown-wants-no-part-of-charlie-roses-metoo-redemption-series/

Disgraced CBS anchor Charlie Rose is being slated to star in a show where he’ll interview other high-profile men who have also been toppled by #MeToo scandals.

The move was revealed by editor, writer and women’s advocate Tina Brown, who confirmed to Page Six that she was recently approached to produce a #MeToo atonement series starring Rose, who would interview others embroiled in sexual harassment scandals.

"Slated to star" might mean "someone is trying to pitch this with no takers" but either way, c'mon.

benjipwns

« Reply #707 on: April 26, 2018, 02:24:18 AM »
https://pagesix.com/2018/04/25/bill-cosbys-lawyer-falls-asleep-during-testimony/
NORRISTOWN, Pa.–As rapt jurors listened to the judge overseeing Bill Cosby’s sex assault retrial read back prior testimony, the entertainer’s lead lawyer snoozed in his chair.

Tom Mesereau, mouth agape, drifted in and out of consciousness Wednesday as Judge Steven O’Neill read pages and pages of Cosby’s own words about Quaaludes and his sexual contact with accuser Andrea Constand into the record.

Mesereau slept at the defense table for some 30 minutes, and awoke as the testimony from the deposition was still being read.
wait, are we sure Cosby didn't drug him?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #708 on: April 26, 2018, 01:58:10 PM »
Cosby found guilty on all three counts.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #709 on: April 26, 2018, 02:02:05 PM »
This needed to happen, but I'm still sad that it all turned out to be true since I've been a big fan of Cosby's comedy and TV shows since I was a kid.
dog

studyguy

« Reply #710 on: April 26, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
In another world we would have found out that Cosby was smashing on as many girls as Pryor was while on coke and the world probably would have given him dap, instead he smashed on them with roofies and now dude's gonna die behind bars.

Cosby should have just smashed on willing fans and had hundreds of illicit affairs like any other upstanding celeb, what a fuckin dummy.  :trash
pause

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #711 on: April 26, 2018, 02:13:52 PM »
Except that's not what he wanted.

This is the first criminal conviction/plea in the recent wave of celebrity assault/harassment cases, no? Unless you count Nassar.

studyguy

« Reply #712 on: April 26, 2018, 02:25:53 PM »
Except that's not what he wanted.

This is the first criminal conviction/plea in the recent wave of celebrity assault/harassment cases, no? Unless you count Nassar.

Yeah, but it was deffo that first high profile outing and it's Cosby of all people so... pretty big deal.
Good to see victims getting their due.

Hannibal really out here changing the world for the better.
pause

TVC15

« Reply #713 on: April 26, 2018, 02:30:20 PM »
serge

studyguy

« Reply #714 on: April 26, 2018, 02:31:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/989569690686115840

Seems like not a smart thing to say when trying to get bail.
pause

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #715 on: April 26, 2018, 03:04:54 PM »
Bill Cosby rape truthers ("he's being set up!") are some of the dumbest fucks around.
OH!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #716 on: April 26, 2018, 04:43:29 PM »
Unless you count Nassar.

I wouldn't really count Nassar since nobody really knew who he was before all the allegations started coming out. Cosby was a household name going back to practically the 60s.
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #717 on: April 26, 2018, 07:24:00 PM »
Bill Cosby rape truthers ("he's being set up!") are some of the dumbest fucks around.
:yeshrug
Hi

team filler

• filler
  • filler

chronovore

• relapsed dev