Author Topic: Celebrity Sexual Harasment Apocalypse Thread  (Read 122310 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Celebrity Sexual Harasment Apocalypse Thread
« Reply #780 on: June 16, 2018, 04:11:40 PM »
Honestly, I believe my summary is pretty accurate if you read between the embellishment of how uncomfortable she looked and how bad he was for not noticing she was uncomfortable.

But from a different point of view she made out with him, then let him undress her, then wanted to slow down, then agreed to suck his dick, then wanted to slow down, but never explicitly said “no I don’t want to have sex with you” or “im not comfortable with this, I’m leaving.” She didn’t say she didn’t want to have sex, she said “Next time”.

I’m not saying Aziz Ansari is a smooth cool dude. But nothing he did was illegal, nor should it be.

After he bent me over is when I stood up and said no, I don’t think I’m ready to do this, I really don’t think I’m going to do this.

Then AFTER she said that...

While the TV played in the background, he kissed her again, stuck his fingers down her throat again, and moved to undo her pants.

So no, I don't think this is about unreasonably demanding he be a "mind-reader."

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #781 on: June 16, 2018, 05:47:04 PM »
I don't understand how people can say things along the lines of "yeah, clearly he's taking advantage of his partner's weaknesses for his own pleasure/benefit but he's not a predator"  :doge

I don't think its that, its the (implicit) comparison to all the other sexual misconduct stories that is making people go 'ya this is a bad thing but its not Cosby-level'. 

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #782 on: June 16, 2018, 05:56:14 PM »
I don't understand how people can say things along the lines of "yeah, clearly he's taking advantage of his partner's weaknesses for his own pleasure/benefit but he's not a predator"  :doge

I don't think its that, its the (implicit) comparison to all the other sexual misconduct stories that is making people go 'ya this is a bad thing but its not Cosby-level'.

Except nobody's called for a criminal prosecution similar to Cosby's, and just in this thread you have at least two guys arguing that Chloe Dykstra should take the blame for his actions.

I get wanting to recognize the gradations, but I've seen way way way more dudes use "not as bad as Cosby/Weinstein" as a way to minimize things than I've seen people actually equate different types of incidents.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #783 on: June 16, 2018, 06:42:16 PM »
Except nobody's called for a criminal prosecution similar to Cosby's, and just in this thread you have at least two guys arguing that Chloe Dykstra should take the blame for his actions.

Which two?

I get wanting to recognize the gradations, but I've seen way way way more dudes use "not as bad as Cosby/Weinstein" as a way to minimize things than I've seen people actually equate different types of incidents.

I mean i've been pretty consistent that he was a massive dick, and their relationship was bad.

I mean in terms of pain, this is probably even worse than Cosby or Weinstein. But why conflate the two, Cosby and Weinstein were about guys who sustematically used their influence and reputation to leverage women into unwilling sex. Their victims had no idea what was about to happen, and had no ability to extricate themselves from their situations (being drugged/ extorted). Dykstra's situation, while also about sex in the entertainment industry, to me feels nothing alike.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #784 on: June 16, 2018, 06:44:58 PM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #785 on: June 16, 2018, 06:47:34 PM »
I mean in terms of pain, this is probably even worse than Cosby or Weinstein.
why even write this
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #786 on: June 16, 2018, 07:05:45 PM »
I mean in terms of pain, this is probably even worse than Cosby or Weinstein.
why even write this

Because it's true? Chloe was in emotional pain the three years of their relationship, plus the aftermath. I'm not minimising what happened to her as less valid or less traumatic, as I was accused of.

But why conflate the two

NOBODY IS

#metoo is literally all anyone is thinking about. You really think he would have been dead to the industry within 24hrs before #metoo started snowballing? In the layman's mind he is exactly like them.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #787 on: June 16, 2018, 07:14:35 PM »
What point are you even trying to make?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #788 on: June 16, 2018, 07:26:44 PM »
#notallnarcissists

kingv

« Reply #789 on: June 17, 2018, 10:48:15 AM »
Honestly, I believe my summary is pretty accurate if you read between the embellishment of how uncomfortable she looked and how bad he was for not noticing she was uncomfortable.

But from a different point of view she made out with him, then let him undress her, then wanted to slow down, then agreed to suck his dick, then wanted to slow down, but never explicitly said “no I don’t want to have sex with you” or “im not comfortable with this, I’m leaving.” She didn’t say she didn’t want to have sex, she said “Next time”.

I’m not saying Aziz Ansari is a smooth cool dude. But nothing he did was illegal, nor should it be.

After he bent me over is when I stood up and said no, I don’t think I’m ready to do this, I really don’t think I’m going to do this.

Then AFTER she said that...

While the TV played in the background, he kissed her again, stuck his fingers down her throat again, and moved to undo her pants.

So no, I don't think this is about unreasonably demanding he be a "mind-reader."

What I’m saying is this. Aziz did nothing criminal. Equating his behavior with a Weinstein or calling him a sexual predator, or whatever just seems extra.

There are two sides to every story, by Aziz Ansaris own words he though it was consensual. From my reading of her story it was consensual, if boorish and gross. I’m not going to get morally indignant over some guy acting like an asshole on a date one time. This isn’t like Henry Weinstein where a slew of women came out a month later saying “oh yeah, Aziz is a serial date rapist”.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #790 on: June 17, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »
I mean yeah, blessings in disguise, people kept begging me to see Master of None, that stopped instantly once it was revealed Aziz Ansari likes asking girls if they want to fuck one too many times.

And i'd never even heard of Chris Hardwick, because in Australia you actually have be noteworthy to be talked about.

Mandark

• Icon
If there were a font for "speaking very slowly" I would use it here.
« Reply #791 on: June 17, 2018, 03:20:42 PM »
What I’m saying is this. Aziz did nothing criminal. Equating his behavior with a Weinstein or calling him a sexual predator, or whatever just seems extra.

There are two sides to every story, by Aziz Ansaris own words he though it was consensual. From my reading of her story it was consensual, if boorish and gross. I’m not going to get morally indignant over some guy acting like an asshole on a date one time. This isn’t like Henry Weinstein where a slew of women came out a month later saying “oh yeah, Aziz is a serial date rapist”.

NOBODY IS EQUATING HIS BEHAVIOR WITH WEINSTEIN'S.

NOBODY IS CALLING FOR HIM TO BE ARRESTED.

You're bringing this stuff up, not other people, so you can minimize what he did. You're eliding big parts of her story, saying there are "two sides" when he didn't dispute a single thing from her account, using euphemisms like "boorish" to describe someone who tried to undo a woman's pants after she told him no, and when this story first came out you pretended not to understand the entire concept of nonverbal cues.

Ansari has suffered no consequences other than some public embarrassment. Why is it so important for you to defend what he did?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #792 on: June 17, 2018, 03:21:58 PM »
I mean yeah, blessings in disguise, people kept begging me to see Master of None, that stopped instantly once it was revealed Aziz Ansari likes asking girls if they want to fuck one too many times.

Have you read the story? Cause this is almost literally the opposite of what he did wrong.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #793 on: June 17, 2018, 03:27:31 PM »

Have you read the story? Cause this is almost literally the opposite of what he did wrong.

You're right, "tried putting on the moves one too many times" is more accurate. It feels like forever ago the Aziz stuff happened.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #794 on: June 18, 2018, 01:08:35 AM »
Sure, makes sense to me and I agree with you.  Not exactly something I thought I was going to get called out on like that.   :-\

I apologize. I know you're not dumb. I do think both you and I are inherently ignorant to the way women experience the world. So I try very hard not to tell them that they're wrong or overreacting to a perceived threat or transgression. The way women experience the world is different to the way you and I experience it. This is part of our privilege, which doesn't mean we have to feel guilty or bad about what we have, but it does mean we need to be aware that not everyone has a shared frame of reference.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #795 on: June 18, 2018, 01:22:05 AM »
The way women experience the world is different to the way you and I experience it. This is part of our privilege, which doesn't mean we have to feel guilty or bad about what we have, but it does mean we need to be aware that not everyone has a shared frame of reference.
I don't normally care for the privilege angle but after a drunk gay guy threatened to kill me in a bar for rejecting his advances I had my "maybe being a woman is not always fun" moment.
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #796 on: June 18, 2018, 01:47:33 AM »
tvc is just going through a rough patch right now

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #797 on: June 18, 2018, 02:12:32 AM »
You know I quit my last forum when the members wouldn't put out.

:dead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #799 on: June 19, 2018, 05:01:46 PM »
Meanwhile

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/19/chris-hardwick-chloe-dykstra-breakup-cheating-text-messages/

Hardwick more or less tells Dykstra his long text message will be the last time he talks to her and declares their relationship is over, and she then sends several texts begging to talk, saying, "I will always love you."

According to the text thread, Chloe reached out to Chris 7 months later in an apparent attempt to make up. Sources close to Chris say it's hard to believe Chloe would try for months to get back with him if she was being emotionally and sexually abused, as she claimed last week.

:thinking

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #800 on: June 19, 2018, 05:03:34 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #801 on: June 19, 2018, 05:55:57 PM »
Sources close to Chris say it's hard to believe Chloe would try for months to get back with him if she was being emotionally and sexually abused, as she claimed last week.

"Sources close to Chris"

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #802 on: June 19, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
Also holy shit, that novel of self-pity he wrote her. Not a great look.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #803 on: June 19, 2018, 08:47:18 PM »
Women cheating and then claiming they were the victims.

Gotta love it indeed.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #804 on: June 19, 2018, 08:57:21 PM »
You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me
püp

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #805 on: June 19, 2018, 09:22:12 PM »
What astonishes you?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #806 on: June 19, 2018, 09:29:37 PM »
What astonishes you?

If you read what she wrote you'd know that she cheated after 3 years of emotional abuse. No-one is saying she's a saint. xxxtentacion's girlfriend cheated on him too.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #807 on: June 19, 2018, 09:31:54 PM »
If you read what she wrote you'd know that she cheated after 3 years of emotional abuse. No-one is saying she's a saint. xxxtentacion's girlfriend cheated on him too.
he's a douche and she's not calibrated correctly. it's an ugly relationship that she felt the need to air out because she believed he blacklisted her. i totally get it and this is why i'll never (already don't) text argue with a girlfriend again.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #808 on: June 19, 2018, 09:36:54 PM »
I mean the blacklisting has been corroborated by others so unless you think it's mass hysteria, yeah he interfered with her career.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #809 on: June 19, 2018, 09:59:29 PM »
what "career"?  :goldberg

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #810 on: June 19, 2018, 10:01:42 PM »

The one that pays better than being etoilet's mourner in chief? I'm just guessing here.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #811 on: June 19, 2018, 10:03:31 PM »
The blacklisting also undermines the parts of his breakup text where he's pretending to be magnanimous.

I just can't imagine looking at that and thinking "yeah, I should leak this, it's super exculpatory."

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #812 on: June 19, 2018, 10:30:12 PM »

The one that pays better than being etoilet's mourner in chief? I'm just guessing here.
::)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #813 on: June 19, 2018, 10:44:25 PM »
Sorry filler. You used to be Simpsons season 4, but now you’re like Simpsons season 11.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:03:12 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

Tasty

« Reply #814 on: June 19, 2018, 10:47:25 PM »
Sorry filler. You used to be Simpson’s season 4, but now you’re like Simpsons season 11.

:whew

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #815 on: June 19, 2018, 11:02:18 PM »
god damn

agrajag

« Reply #816 on: June 19, 2018, 11:02:56 PM »
filler assimilated

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #817 on: June 19, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »
Sorry filler. You used to be Simpsons season 4, but now you’re like Simpsons season 11.
guy gets a job and suddenly he turns on the one person who always had his back, I see how it is  :pacspit

agrajag

« Reply #818 on: June 19, 2018, 11:09:10 PM »
TVC is a fickle bitch

:yeshrug

TVC15

« Reply #819 on: June 19, 2018, 11:21:45 PM »
guy gets a job and suddenly he turns on the one person who always had his back, I see how it is  :pacspit

https://m.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #820 on: June 19, 2018, 11:24:38 PM »

TVC15

serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #822 on: June 19, 2018, 11:29:51 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #823 on: June 19, 2018, 11:33:47 PM »

TVC15

« Reply #824 on: June 19, 2018, 11:33:55 PM »
NSFW

spoiler (click to show/hide)
youtu.be/3jKXKt1CzvY
[close]
serge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #825 on: June 20, 2018, 12:20:23 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #826 on: June 20, 2018, 03:12:16 AM »
NSFW

youtu.be/3jKXKt1CzvY
[close]
I now trust you even less than stost!

TVC15

« Reply #827 on: June 20, 2018, 10:28:47 AM »
NSFW

youtu.be/3jKXKt1CzvY
[close]
I now trust you even less than stost!

By the power given to me by Kadiempembe, I can have you begging to slurp up piss from the dog bowl by my toilet in just a moment.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #829 on: June 21, 2018, 11:06:25 AM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #830 on: June 22, 2018, 01:24:09 AM »
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45505.msg2425694#msg2425694

I used my future vision to stop kids dying in a school shooting, cats uses his to tell us what celebs do with their dicks.

bluemax

« Reply #831 on: June 22, 2018, 01:56:59 AM »
Does this mean Nerf Herder has to change the lyrics to the Allie Goertz song?

https://genius.com/Nerf-herder-allie-goertz-lyrics
NO

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #833 on: June 22, 2018, 04:12:39 AM »
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45505.msg2425694#msg2425694

I used my future vision to stop kids dying in a school shooting, cats uses his to tell us what celebs do with their dicks.
caulifluer level post

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #835 on: June 26, 2018, 03:36:12 PM »
Jacinda Barrett Defends Ex-Boyfriend Chris Hardwick, Cautions Against ‘Rush to Judgement’ - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jacinda-barrett-defends-ex-boyfriend-chris-hardwick-cautions-161551298.html

“The accuser’s story bears no resemblance to the one I shared with him all those years ago, but what is of supreme importance here is that every woman and every man deserves a voice,” Barrett continued. “Accuser and Accused. Everyone deserves to be heard. A rush to judgement denies the right to due process; the Metoo movement deserves due process.”

kingv

« Reply #836 on: June 27, 2018, 01:15:43 AM »
The only solution is for the three of them to appear on Sean Spicers a Common Grounds and hash it out.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #837 on: June 27, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
Jacinda Barrett Defends Ex-Boyfriend Chris Hardwick, Cautions Against ‘Rush to Judgement’ - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jacinda-barrett-defends-ex-boyfriend-chris-hardwick-cautions-161551298.html

“The accuser’s story bears no resemblance to the one I shared with him all those years ago, but what is of supreme importance here is that every woman and every man deserves a voice,” Barrett continued. “Accuser and Accused. Everyone deserves to be heard. A rush to judgement denies the right to due process; the Metoo movement deserves due process.”

I mean, Cosby's TV wife did similar. So... :doge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #838 on: June 27, 2018, 12:54:31 PM »
Cosby's REAL wife is still defending him.
dog

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #839 on: June 27, 2018, 01:36:47 PM »
I don't know that Cosby is a close enough parallel to pull from while being fair--he has been convicted & has dozens of accusers across decades. Hardwick has 1 accuser.