Author Topic: Race/Culture/Gender Shitposting Thread Sponsored By Cream  (Read 187438 times)

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
Re: Race/Culture/Gender Shitposting Thread Sponsored By Cream
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2018, 10:46:54 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2018, 10:48:16 PM »
Cream, take a deep breath and step away from the computer. No one is doing anything to you. This is a forum where people shitpost and troll each other for fun. If someone can upset you so greatly by posting a few words on a forum, maybe you need to take a break from reading forums, or from the internet in general.

Propagandhim

« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2018, 10:49:51 PM »
FWIW, I'm in agreement with you Cream.  You're right to not want to be portrayed as a punchline or a freak by the media.  And you're right, stuff like Chapelle's jokes do have an impact -- 20 years ago trans jokes were everywhere and it wasn't good.  Nobody batted an eye to Ace Ventura.  I think we're on a better path in looking to treat those people like human beings.

The black victim-complex shit is wack, though.   

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2018, 10:58:56 PM »
Thehunter > Cream > Agrajag > Stro > Etiolate > Assimilate

Why is etiolate better than assimilate.  I skim over their crap but they seem the same.
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2018, 11:00:54 PM »
thehunter16>Optimus>Cream>Assimilate>Jack Remington>Hillary Clinton

Fixed it for you biatch

nudemacusers

« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2018, 11:06:52 PM »
Can we discuss heavy cream vs whipping cream vs clotted cream vs Creme fraiche ?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2018, 11:10:43 PM »
Wrong thread

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:52:42 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Optimus

« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2018, 11:25:33 PM »
C'mon, let's not compare ourselves with war criminals, our shitposting isn't THAT bad.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2018, 11:27:20 PM »

Etiolate = Assimilate = Optimus

Right?
sigh

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2018, 11:58:42 PM »
Thehunter > Cream > Agrajag > Stro > Etiolate > Assimilate

A pile of dog shit> jack remington

:playa

hampster

« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2018, 12:00:40 AM »
Can we discuss heavy cream vs whipping cream vs clotted cream vs Creme fraiche ?

Clotted cream has been on my to do list since the Food Wishes video. Why does it barely exist ??? Never seen it before. It sounds delicious :drool
Zzz

clothedmacuser

« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2018, 12:21:17 AM »

Clotted cream has been on my to do list since the Food Wishes video. Why does it barely exist ??? Never seen it before. It sounds delicious :drool
#t=19m49s

They say it's the condensed milk of it's time.
sigh

nudemacusers

« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2018, 12:49:49 AM »

I’ve actually never bothered to buy it; maybe I should... it’s readily available at my base’s grocery store, oddly enough.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2018, 12:52:13 AM »
Why do you think that? :thinking

It doesn't fit with the rest of the pizza toppings. It just doesn't. I'm not opposed to Pineapple or hell Pineapple by itself on a pizza (with maybe some cheese or something that doesn't have it be a radical change from the rest of the palate), it just doesn't work with Bell peppers, Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Spinach, etc. (onions which depend on the pizza really).

I've had some "Pacific" pizza that have thrown Spinach in that have made be a believer in it (it did black olives, spinach [baby I think?], cheese, and I think pepperoni or excluded that). I have yet to find a pizza with Pineapple included with other toppings that made me go "yeah, that's a good addition to the rest of it."

Maybe "always" is too strong a word. But I don't think Pineapple on a pizza with other stuff works. Now Pineapple with something like Ham? :ohyeah Thinking on it, Pineapple with Ham/Canadian Bacon(?) on a pizza could maybe work.

Controversial opinion, but

thehunter16 > Cream

Is it really?

(Image removed from quote.)

Many here seem to have warmed to Cream, but hunter is almost universally reviled. Even though hunter at his worst is a bit of a try hard liberal, but overall a coherent poster and not a bloviating drama queen like Cream is.

Just caught this. I don't necessarily mind Cream, but it's whole gimmick is just "ugh."

clothedmacuser

« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2018, 01:08:02 AM »
I didn’t even realize anyone disliked Hunter.
Who the fuck is hunter?
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2018, 01:12:19 AM »
nicca even the mods dislike Hunter  :ufup

Huelen >>>>>>> Jack & Cream

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2018, 01:16:34 AM »

Cream's butthole after being taken hard by a BBC > Jack Remington > Hunter

Tasty

« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2018, 01:18:46 AM »

thehunter16 > Cream

Lol is this even a contest hahaha

Hot Slice

« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2018, 01:21:09 AM »
nicca even the mods dislike Hunter  :ufup

Huelen >>>>>>> Jack & Cream
Um, what is this for? I'm scared!

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2018, 02:38:46 AM »

Cream's butthole after being taken hard by a BBC > Jack Remington > Hunter

Damn it you won me back.

It’s poetry.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2018, 02:40:22 AM »
I’m also curious about our opinions on other important issues, like ass to mouth: always or never?
serge

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2018, 04:47:46 AM »
Cream is constantly offending me by taking the Lord's name in vain but God forbid you say anything that doesn't 100% fit with his/her beliefs and you will be labelled and derided.

Just remember:

People will always try to force you to be a certain way, and antagonize and limit you if you don’t or CANT conform.

Which is why you KEEP fighting. You don't GIVE UP.

How many times do you have to be told that transgenderism isn't a fucking choice before you believe it?

"You don't need the label."

This is what someone says when they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Why do you keep coming back here? Nobody likes you. Now skitter off you useless waste of oxygen.
YMMV

TVC15

« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2018, 05:12:55 AM »
Cream is constantly offending me by taking the Lord's name in vain but God forbid you say anything that doesn't 100% fit with his/her beliefs and you will be labelled and derided.

Just remember:

People will always try to force you to be a certain way, and antagonize and limit you if you don’t or CANT conform.

How many times do you have to be told that transgenderism isn't a fucking choice before you believe it?

This is what someone says when they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Why do you keep coming back here? Nobody likes you. Now skitter off you useless waste of oxygen.

Spoken like a true lying pedophile, A_I_A. Please go away, you coward. Don’t you have some children to fuck?
serge

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2018, 05:15:00 AM »

Just remember:

Spoken like a true lying pedophile, A_I_A. Please go away, you coward. Don’t you have some children to fuck?

Eh?
YMMV

TVC15

« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2018, 05:19:43 AM »

Just remember:

Eh?

True Cowardice. Mandark would be proud.
serge

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2018, 06:07:42 AM »
Depends on the donkey, i suppose.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2018, 06:14:48 AM »

thehunter16 > Cream

Cream finally made the garbage thread readable again and you pathetic fucks can't stop complaining about it. This is exactly like what they did to Jesus.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2018, 06:20:31 AM »
The Father- Jack Remington
The Son- Cream
The Holy Ghost- Filler

edit: wait I totally forgot recursivelyrenumerable is the holy ghost
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 07:06:09 AM by curly »

warcock

« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2018, 06:48:11 AM »
It's interesting to note that Remington passes judgement when his favorable audience is solely a 16 year old cool young dude.  :doge

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2018, 06:59:35 AM »
This is a great idea. Cream please watch the new Ricky Gervais special on Netflix and make a thread about it with your impressions.

Of course Optimus likes Ricky Gervais's standup. It's a perfect fit.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2018, 07:43:42 AM »
You think people watch Dave Chappelle's standup and think "lets go beat up transgender people"? Or that hearing those jokes influences them to be more prejudiced towards transgender people?

YES YOU FUCKING IDIOT

What part of “58.7% of gender non-conforming students have received verbal harassment for their gender expression, compared to 29% of their peers” and “50% of trans people have been assaulted or raped by a romantic partner” and “80% of trans students feel unsafe in school” and “41% of trans people have attempted suicide” do you not understand?

How can you sit here, on this forum full of people who constantly champion how people should be able to make all the jokes they want while also COINCIDENTALLY being full of people that make anti-trans jokes and tell me that hearing anti-trans jokes especially by a WORLD-FAMOUS COMEDIAN does not influence people?
If Dave Chappelle singled out trans people in his shows and did like an entire 'let's make fun of transgenders' comedy special you'd maybe have a point.
But he didn't. He just takes the hot button issues of current times (Trump, transgenders, people being offended easily, Hollywood) and writes material based on those subjects.
It doesn't matter to a bully or rapist whether or not Dave Chappelle made a joke.

Also it's better to keep the issue on the agenda and have comedians joke about it. Because:
- It turns mainstream and that actually increases acceptance
- It keeps the issue on the agenda so it doesn't get ignored

Sure, we can remove transgenders and transgender jokes from all media because someone could be offended.
And the easiest way for Dave is to just ignore you lot and joke about other things so you stop complaining.
More or less a 'don't ask, don't tell' sort of thing or you join the rest of society and take the jokes that come with it.

Everyone gets shit on from time to time, no need to get all uptight about it.
I mean, I can look-up statistics on how boys with glasses get bullied 88% more than boys without glasses but that doesn't do anything to fix my shitty eye sight and having no funny characters with glasses in comedy does not change how I got treated by high school peers either.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2018, 10:17:47 AM »

thehunter16 > Cream

Cream finally made the garbage thread readable again and you pathetic fucks can't stop complaining about it. This is exactly like what they did to Jesus.

He made it readable?

:heh

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2018, 10:30:49 AM »
I, for one, would like to see a thread where cream watches the entire blossom series.
que

Optimus

« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2018, 11:18:41 AM »
This is a great idea. Cream please watch the new Ricky Gervais special on Netflix and make a thread about it with your impressions.

Of course Optimus likes Ricky Gervais's standup. It's a perfect fit.

Honest question, why do you think it's a perfect fit?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2018, 11:23:22 AM »
aia crawling out of the dirt to bless this thread is hilarious

how's the new baby going? Save the marriage?

Cream

« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2018, 11:47:46 AM »
You think people watch Dave Chappelle's standup and think "lets go beat up transgender people"? Or that hearing those jokes influences them to be more prejudiced towards transgender people?

YES YOU FUCKING IDIOT

What part of “58.7% of gender non-conforming students have received verbal harassment for their gender expression, compared to 29% of their peers” and “50% of trans people have been assaulted or raped by a romantic partner” and “80% of trans students feel unsafe in school” and “41% of trans people have attempted suicide” do you not understand?

How can you sit here, on this forum full of people who constantly champion how people should be able to make all the jokes they want while also COINCIDENTALLY being full of people that make anti-trans jokes and tell me that hearing anti-trans jokes especially by a WORLD-FAMOUS COMEDIAN does not influence people?
If Dave Chappelle singled out trans people in his shows and did like an entire 'let's make fun of transgenders' comedy special you'd maybe have a point.
But he didn't. He just takes the hot button issues of current times (Trump, transgenders, people being offended easily, Hollywood) and writes material based on those subjects.
It doesn't matter to a bully or rapist whether or not Dave Chappelle made a joke.

Also it's better to keep the issue on the agenda and have comedians joke about it. Because:
- It turns mainstream and that actually increases acceptance
- It keeps the issue on the agenda so it doesn't get ignored

Sure, we can remove transgenders and transgender jokes from all media because someone could be offended.
And the easiest way for Dave is to just ignore you lot and joke about other things so you stop complaining.
More or less a 'don't ask, don't tell' sort of thing or you join the rest of society and take the jokes that come with it.

Everyone gets shit on from time to time, no need to get all uptight about it.
I mean, I can look-up statistics on how boys with glasses get bullied 88% more than boys without glasses but that doesn't do anything to fix my shitty eye sight and having no funny characters with glasses in comedy does not change how I got treated by high school peers either.

Wtf boys with glasses? You people are crazy with your nonsense comparisons. I don’t see anyone killing themselves for having to wear glasses.

Wearing glasses won’t get you denied jobs. Adults don’t get beaten or killed for wearing glasses. Parents don’t disown their children for having to wear glasses. People who wear glasses aren’t called crazy.

I wear glasses! It’s fucking meaningless. NOTHING compared to how hard it is to be trans. Can you honestly say having to wear glasses has negatively affected your adult life in any meaningful way? I wear glasses every single fucking day.

I would thank god if all I had to worry about was fucking glasses.

What is this board’s fixation on “all problems people have should be treated exactly the same.” This is some all lives matter shit.

Ace Ventura having disgusting hurtful transphobic comedy didn’t increase acceptance. People laughed at it and didn’t see any problem. Acceptance grew from having access to more knowledge about trans people, the internet giving trans people more of a voice and some celebrities getting that voice out there as well.

This like saying “blackface made us like black people MORE, so it’s okay.”
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:06:55 PM by Cream »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2018, 11:52:26 AM »
yo don't lump 'this board' in with the select handful of losers you choose to solely engage and interact with. no one is putting a gun to your head here

Optimus

« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »
Wtf boys with glasses? You people are crazy with your nonsense comparisons. I don’t see anyone killing themselves for having to wear glasses.

Wearing glasses won’t get you denied jobs. Adults don’t get beaten or killed for wearing glasses. Parents don’t disown their children for having to wear glasses. People who wear glasses aren’t called crazy.

I wear glasses! It’s fucking meaningless. NOTHING compared to how hard it is to be trans.

What is this board’s fixation on “all problems people have should be treated exactly the same.” This is some all lives matter shit.

It's an example you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, not a direct comparison to trans people. The point is that everyone has a disadvantage either small or big, if we start censoring comedy based on disadvantages where do we stop given how many snowflakes like you exist nowadays and get offended with EVERYTHING?

Cream

« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2018, 12:09:19 PM »

I wear glasses! It’s fucking meaningless. NOTHING compared to how hard it is to be trans.

It's an example you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, not a direct comparison to trans people. The point is that everyone has a disadvantage either small or big, if we start censoring comedy based on disadvantages where do we stop given how many snowflakes like you exist nowadays and get offended with EVERYTHING?

How about the jokes that actually LEAD to people being treated as less than people, and death?

But you seem like the type of guy to defend blackface so I’m not sure why I’m even trying to explain anything to you.

Optimus

« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2018, 12:11:48 PM »

How about the jokes that actually LEAD to people being treated as less than people, and death?

But you seem like the type of guy to defend blackface so I’m not sure why I’m even trying to explain anything to you.

Which particular Chappelle joke LEAD to people being treated as less than people? Stop with the vague hyperbolic bullshit and be specific.

Cream

« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2018, 12:46:51 PM »

Which particular Chappelle joke LEAD to people being treated as less than people? Stop with the vague hyperbolic bullshit and be specific.

Well I could start with the fact that he completely ignores and erases the existence of black and other minority trans people. He’s trying to frame the incredibly minuscule “acceptance” of trans people as a white thing, and this is true, but he does it by literally erasing the existence of PoC that are trans. The black community has enough problems with hatred of trans people. Black trans women are killed more than any other. And yes, a beloved comedian erasing their existence does contribute further to a society that also erases their existance. People like Kiwi Herring and Marsha P. Johnson and Janet Mock and Laverne Cox who I actually met a few days ago, don’t exist to Chappelle and thanks to him, a few more people don’t think they exist now. These women were fighting for trans acceptance long before Caitlyn Jenner was.

this millionaire record-breaking comic stands of stage, watched by millions of people, mocking trans struggles while acting like they aren’t as dire as they are. Trans people are killed at also literally record breaking numbers every year! 75 out of 102 trans people killed in the last five years were black! According to Chappelle, didn’t happen. Trans people shouldnt TALK about trans issues around black people, according to him.

Dave Chappelle is not responsible for the legal, physical and emotional siege laid to transgender people of color’s very existence. But launching context-adverse tirades that diminish their real demands for a better world and ignore Black trans people’s centrality to anti-racist police reform movements risks actual harm.

He should ask himself why no trans comedian has achieved anywhere close to his level of fame. The other communities he takes shots at in these newest specials—Asians, Latinx people, other LGBTQ individuals, women—boast nationally-renowned comedians who can offer their own narratives in televised specials. Trans comedians of color remain largely invisible in an entertainment world that sees them as punchlines and not punchline-makers.

And Amy Schumer is world famous and has tons of fans. So the “maybe none of them are funny.” argument doesn’t really work.

Chappelle’s jokes broadcast assumptions to millions of people who may never get to see a transgender comedian offer a counternarrative about why they’re not entitled complainers. Because no one ever listens to us, ever.

Trans people laugh at themselves and their predicament amongst themselves and other trans people all the time. But the way Chappelle goes about it is dehumanizing and harmful in a world where trans people struggle, incredibly hard to have a fraction of the rights other groups have.

People who hurt transgender people were already pieces of shit to begin with and a few jokes on a Netflix special wouldn’t push them over the edge.

But if you recognize that comedy, like all forms of media, plays an undeniable role in shaping our culture, then you know how morally disingenuous it is to claim that holding a microphone on a stage gives you free reign to mock an already-brutalized minority.

He reassurance his audience that it isn’t gay that he fooled around with a trans woman because “he only titty fucked her”. So anything more would be gay, and thus ew and wrong?

Besides that. It’s not even fucking funny or original! “Man in a dress?” “Hairy knuckles”? “manly voices”? This is bottom the barrel shit comedy from a guy that’s supposed to be a comedy legend. I’ve heard more original anti-trans jokes on the bore.

So trying to use the defense of him just being a comedian trying to be funny and do his art gets flushed down the toilet when his art sucks and isnt original and doesn’t have any unique thought to it.

If you’re going to mock me for things I can’t control then at least make it clever and well written.

Dave Chappelle HIMSELF has openly admitted to the uncomfortable feeling he got from doing such racist stereotypes on the Chappelle Show as contributing to his decision to leave:

… a sketch about magic pixies that embody stereotypes about the races. The black pixie—played by Chappelle—wears blackface and tries to convince blacks to act in stereotypical ways. Chappelle thought the sketch was funny, the kind of thing his friends would laugh at. But at the taping, one spectator, a white man, laughed particularly loud and long. His laughter struck Chappelle as wrong, and he wondered if the new season of his show had gone from sending up stereotypes to merely reinforcing them. "When he laughed, it made me uncomfortable," says Chappelle. "As a matter of fact, that was the last thing I shot before I told myself I gotta take f______ time out after this. Because my head almost exploded."

Chris Rock once had what was one of the most brilliantly written routines ever, a reflection about black culture called “Ni**as vs. Black People.” While it’s still considered one of the best-written bits ever, Rock has sworn never to do it again because it gave license to people to espouse racism by using his words out of context.

I’m more offended that Chappelle completely fails to self-reflect at all, that his trans material is unfunny cliche trash, and he seems content to remain in his ignorance and hypocrisy while getting “hurt” that the trans community has a problem with him cause he says he’s apparently “cool with them.”

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:51:33 PM by Cream »

agrajag

« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2018, 12:53:45 PM »
Latinx  :neogaf

samir

« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2018, 12:55:39 PM »
Trans people are killed at also literally record breaking numbers every year!

In 2017, 25 transgendered people were killed in America. The year before that 23, and the year before that 22. You make it sound like transgendered people are being targeted and murdered en masse for being trans. That's not the reality we're living in.

Cream

« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2018, 12:57:42 PM »

In 2017, 25 transgendered people were killed in America. The year before that 23, and the year before that 22. You make it sound like transgendered people are being targeted and murdered en masse for being trans. That's not the reality we're living in.

Yeah I mean it’s not like they almost got denied from serving in the military, have to deal with bathroom bills in multiples states, and 50% of trans people have been assaulted or raped by a romantic partner. Totally not targeted at all.

The number is going UP and you’re trying to tell me we should focus on the problem LESS?

samir

« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2018, 01:02:13 PM »

Yeah I mean it’s not like they almost got denied from serving in the military, have to deal with bathroom bills in multiples states, and 50% of trans people have been assaulted or raped by a romantic partner. Totally not targeted at all.

The number is going UP and you’re trying to tell me we should focus on the problem LESS?
Again, you said that murder rates of trans people are breaking records every year. Did you also know that murder rates in general are going up each year in America, at a higher rate than trans related murders?

And I never said we should focus on the "problem" less, I am insinuating that you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Cream

« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2018, 01:15:25 PM »

Again, you said that murder rates of trans people are breaking records every year. Did you also know that murder rates in general are going up each year in America, at a higher rate than trans related murders?

And I never said we should focus on the "problem" less, I am insinuating that you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Putting quotes around problem reveals how you feel about this.

According to the most recent FBI data available, an estimated 15,696 murders occurred in the United States in 2015, or 4.9 murders per 100,000 people. And while this was the highest murder rate in six years (compared to a range of 4.4 to 4.8 murders per 100,000 each year since 2009, when the figure was 5 per 100,000), it’s less than half the historical high of 10.2 in 1980.

FBI statistics show, in fact, that the 2015 murder rate was among the lowest of the past 47 years, and indeed the lowest of any year between 1965 and 2009.

“Mountain out of a molehill”?! How can you be so fucking callous about this?

More than a third of all transgender people in the UK have been victims of a hate crime in the past 12 months, according to new research.

Campaigners believe the statistics could be the "tip of the iceberg" with the majority of victims not feeling safe in reporting their experiences to the authorities.

LGBT charity Stonewall is now calling for a full review into hate crime legislation saying that it falls behind on trans and other LGBT issues.

Stonewall says two in five (41 per cent) of trans people have experienced a hate crime because of their gender identity in the past 12 months, with that figure shooting up to 53 per cent for young trans people aged between 18 and 24.

The new research conducted by YouGov on behalf of the charity, also found that four in five (79 per cent) of trans people did not report their crimes due to a perceived lack of support or fear of further discrimination.

Trans people are twice as likely to be victim of a hate crime than other members of the LGBT community, with Stonewall reporting that one in five LGBT people overall have experienced a hate crime in the past year.

Figures also show that the volume of transphobic hate crime referrals from the police decreased by 11 per cent from 98 in 2015-2016 to 87 in 2016-2017.

Charlie Craggs, a leading trans activist, author and founder of the Nail Transphobia group, told The Independent she had "lost count" of the number of times she and her trans friends had experienced a hate crime but not reported it.

"There's no much faith in the police within our community," she said. "They have a history of transphobia and having to go to a police station and be misgendered, judged or treated like you brought this on yourself is the last thing you feel like doing. It's not like much is going to happen to the person who did attack you, anyway."

And in America:

Transgender people, especially transgender women of color, continue to be targeted in vicious attacks all throughout this country. The simple act of walking down the street is cause for real fear and anti-transgender political rhetoric only serves to embolden those who harass and intimidate people simply because of who they are,” said HRC President Chad Griffin. “The tragic impact of hate crimes is felt by families, friends and entire communities, creating fear and instability that ripple across the country. With a wave of bias-motivated harassment in the wake of the recent election, HRC will continue to push for more accurate reporting of hate crimes to the FBI so that we truly understand the full scope of the violence.”

Current statistics only provide a partial snapshot of hate crimes in America because reporting these incidents to the FBI is not mandatory. In fact, while the number of hate crimes reported increased from 2015 to 2014, the number of jurisdictions reporting decreased from 15,494 to 14,997.

Thousands of law enforcement agencies across the country did not submit data – including jurisdictions with populations of more than 250,000 people. The vast majority (88%) of the agencies that did participate reported zero hate crimes. This means that law enforcement in those participating agencies – including cities with large populations – affirmatively reported to the FBI that no hate crime incidents occurred in their jurisdictions.  Approximately 3,400 jurisdictions failed to report any data, including 21 cities with populations with over 100,000 people. 

The 2011 National Transgender Discrimination Survey found that kids in grades K-12 who identified as transgender or gender non-conforming reported high rates of bullying and violence at school: 78 percent reported harassment, 35 percent reported physical assault, and 12 percent reported sexual violence. Even more disturbing is the fact that, for 31 percent of these kids and teens, harassment came at the hands of teachers and school staff.

A 2013 report from the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs (NCAVP) found that transgender people are at a higher risk of homicide than other LGBTQ people. In 2013, trans victims and survivors made up 13 percent of anti-LGBTQ hate violence reports to the NCAVP, and yet transgender women made up 72 percent of anti-LGBTQ homicide victims. Trans women of color — who accounted for 67 percent of anti-LGBTQ homicide victims — were particularly at risk.

The NCAVP report found that trans people are 3.7 times more likely to experience police violence than cisgender survivors and victims of anti-LGBT violence. The risk is higher for trans women, who are four times more likely than other survivors to have experienced police violence.

The 2011 National Transgender Discrimination Survey describes harassment at work as “a near universal experience” for transgender and gender non-conforming employees, with 90 percent of respondents reporting that they had been harassed at work or forced to take “protective actions” (like hiding their gender identity) in order to avoid harassment.

Forty-seven percent of respondents said that they had experienced “an adverse job action” (such as not getting hired or promoted, or being fired) due to their being trans or gender nonconforming. Twenty-six percent reported losing their jobs because of their gender status, with a significantly higher rate of job loss for trans people of color.

The unemployment rate among trans people is twice the national average, and 44 percent of trans people report being underemployed — key issues that lead to high rates of poverty among trans people.

The 2011 National Transgender Discrimination Survey found that trans people are four times more likely than the general population to have an annual income of less than $10,000.

Trans people experience homelessness at a rate of twice the national average; at the same time, they are less than half as likely to own a home as the average American. Housing discrimination is a major problem, according to the National Transgender Discrimination Survey, with 19 percent of trans people saying that they have been refused housing and 11 percent saying they’ve been evicted due to being transgender or gender non-conforming.

Forty-one percent of the trans respondents to the National Transgender Discrimination Survey said that they had attempted suicide at some point in their lives — a percentage that is more than 25 times higher than that of the general population. Trans people who experienced housing discrimination, job discrimination, rejection by their families, bullying in school, physical violence, or sexual assault had an even higher rate of suicide attempts.

Tellingly, a report by the Williams Institute found that trans people who are able to maintain strong relationships with their families after coming out have a much lower suicide rate of 33 percent (which is, granted, still much higher than the national average)

Optimus

« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2018, 01:18:17 PM »
He’s trying to frame the incredibly minuscule “acceptance” of trans people as a white thing, and this is true, but he does it by literally erasing the existence of PoC that are trans.

Comedian bases his comedy on social observations, news at 11. And not only that but you admit that these observations are true, which is even more hilarious. But... but... basing your comedy on truths is racist and transphobic. Btw this is the only legitimate point I managed to salvage from that awful rant of yours.

Iirc regarding the man in a dress part, he's joke was that a man in a dress looks funny no matter what. Yes Cream, a man in a dress is funny for a myriad number of reasons. People don't see a dude in a dress and say, "Hey Steve great dress dude". They laugh because it's awkward, different and strange and your bitching won't change that.

Cream

« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2018, 01:22:31 PM »
He’s trying to frame the incredibly minuscule “acceptance” of trans people as a white thing, and this is true, but he does it by literally erasing the existence of PoC that are trans.

Comedian bases his comedy on social observations, news at 11. And not only that but you admit that these observations are true, which is even more hilarious. But... but... basing your comedy on truths is racist and transphobic. Btw this is the only legitimate point I managed to salvage from that awful rant of yours.

Iirc regarding the man in a dress part, he's joke was that a man in a dress looks funny no matter what. Yes Cream, a man in a dress is funny for a myriad number of reasons. People don't see a dude in a dress and say, "Hey Steve great dress dude". They laugh because it's awkward, different and strange and your bitching won't change that.

I said that SINGLE observation was true, but everything else he said is complete bullshit. I see you completely glossed over everything I said about his erasure of trans people of color, and his hypocrisy of feeling uncomfortable with white prople laughing at black stereotypes.

And if “Man in a dress” is all you need for a laugh, you have a shit sense of humor.

I’m not friends with anyone who thinks that shit is worthy of mockery. The people in my life are accepting and aren’t so sensitive that someone biologically male wearing female clothing is “weird” to them.

Optimus

« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2018, 01:24:52 PM »
I have noticed something.

Since Cream's usual Orwellian method of shutting down discussion he doesn't like through censorship doesn't work in this forum he uses the Huxleylian method of spamming bullshit and burying the discussion under an avalanche of crap.

He's not smart enough to be doing it consciously but it works. I mean who's gonna dumpster dive in that latest clusterfuck of a post?

Cream

« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2018, 01:27:15 PM »

Since Cream's usual Orwellian method of shutting down discussion he doesn't like through censorship doesn't work in this forum he uses the Huxleylian method of spamming bullshit and burying the discussion under an avalanche of crap.

He's not smart enough to be doing it consciously but it works. I mean who's gonna dumpster dive in that latest clusterfuck of a post?

That poster tried to tell me I’m “making a mountain out of a molehill.” I’m showing them many of the statistics that reveal how deep of a problem transphobia is.

Anyone being too lazy or apathetic to read them speaks poorly on them, not me.

We cant all put as little thought in our posts as you do

Optimus

« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2018, 01:29:50 PM »

I said that SINGLE observation was true, but everything else he said is complete bullshit. I see you completely glossed over everything I said about his erasure of trans people of color, and his hypocrisy of feeling uncomfortable with white prople laughing at black stereotypes.

And if “Man in a dress” is all you need for a laugh, you have a shit sense of humor.

I’m not friends with anyone who thinks that shit is worthy of mockery. The people in my life are accepting and aren’t so sensitive that someone biologically male wearing female clothing is “weird” to them.

Comedy about stereotypes is one of the most common types of comedy you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, almost all comedians make it pretty fucking clear that they don't really take these stereotypes seriously they just use them and exaggerate about them for comedic reasons.

Then again, I get how for humorless cunts like you that's impossible to understand.

Cream

« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »

Comedy about stereotypes is one of the most common types of comedy you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, almost all comedian make it pretty fucking clear that they don't really take these stereotypes seriously they just use and exaggerate about them for comedic reasons.

Then again, I get how for humorless cunts like you that's impossible to understand.

Except I just gave you two examples of world famous comedians taking it seriously, when it was about stereotypes that negatively affect them.

But I get how taking anything seriously is impossible to understand for a sociopathic douchebag like you

warcock

« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2018, 01:33:40 PM »

Comedy about stereotypes is one of the most common types of comedy you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, almost all comedian make it pretty fucking clear that they don't really take these stereotypes seriously they just use and exaggerate about them for comedic reasons.

Except I just gave you two examples of world famous comedians taking it seriously, when it was about stereotypes that negatively affect them.

But I get how taking anything seriously is impossible to understand for a sociopathic douchebag like you

You throw that word around a lot.

samir

« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2018, 01:34:40 PM »

That poster tried to tell me I’m “making a mountain out of a molehill.” I’m showing them many of the statistics that reveal how deep of a problem transphobia is.

The only thing you're showing is your complete lack of understanding of how statistics work. We were talking about murders, but keep moving the goal posts.

Optimus

« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2018, 01:35:20 PM »

They didn't take it seriously you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, they were worried about how it reflects on society which is fucking stupid but anyway. And that was probably under pressure from distinguished mentally-challenged fellows like you who constantly bitch about comedy.

Thankfully comedians are starting to ignore your bullshit and fighting back.

Cream

« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2018, 01:36:38 PM »

The only thing you're showing is your complete lack of understanding of how statistics work. We were talking about murders, but keep moving the goal posts.

goal posts?! Are you fucking serious?

This entire conversation is about how trans people are overwhelmingly targeted for harassment and abuse and murder is only ONE example.  I just give you like 50 and you’re still trying to tell me that it’s not a big deal?

Do you have absolutely any comments about any of that data that’s more than “fake news”?

Cream

« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2018, 01:39:31 PM »

They didn't take it seriously you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, they were worried about how it reflects on society which is fucking stupid but anyway. And that was probably under pressure from distinguished mentally-challenged fellows like you who constantly bitch about comedy.

Thankfully comedians are starting to ignore your bullshit and fighting back.

Can you read? It said right there that  Chris rock  stopped doing the joke because he was worried about people using it to be racist towards blacks by taking his words out of context. He disowned the joke and doesn’t do it anymore.

And if you are going to call Chris Rock, the world famous millionaire esteemed comedian, stupid and wrong  for doing that then  you are claiming to know more than the comedian and claiming to know how they should be telling their jokes and absolutely nothing stops me from calling Dave Chappelle out as well.

Optimus

« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2018, 01:40:11 PM »

Reeeeeeeee is just a ridiculous hugbox that they never challenged his "facts" about trans people being MURDERED LEFT AND RIGHT so he never actually knew he's spreading bullshit, that's why he's moving the goalposts to save face now.

samir

« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2018, 01:40:55 PM »

goal posts?! Are you fucking serious?

This entire conversation is about how trans people are overwhelmingly targeted for harassment and abuse and murder is only ONE example.  I just give you like 50 and you’re still trying to tell me that it’s not a big deal?

Do you have absolutely any comments about any of that data that’s more than “fake news”?

Comments about what exactly? You expect me to read all of that copy pasta about totally unrelated things?

Cream

« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2018, 01:41:42 PM »

Reeeeeeeee is just a ridiculous hugbox that they never challenged his "facts" about trans people being MURDERED LEFT AND RIGHT so he never actually knew he's spreading bullshit, that's why he's moving the goalposts to save face now.

I literally said that trans people are being murdered record-breaking numbers every year.  That is a completely true statement.  That is literally the only thing I said about murder.

This attempt to downplay my entire argument to just about murder is fucking ridiculous and obvious deflection