Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828855 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #53100 on: January 10, 2019, 01:01:01 AM »
It's the same thing as the "inflammatory _" reason, it's a euphemism for what is normally the other person's fault ::)

but if someones offended by something someone said, then the thing that was said must be offensive, because thats how it works?
stephenfry.gif

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #53101 on: January 10, 2019, 01:01:17 AM »

:no1curr about you.

Bigger news here is I got snubbed.
new phone who dis

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX

benjipwns

« Reply #53103 on: January 10, 2019, 02:17:26 AM »
man this forum is so desperate for interaction with women, it's insane. just start a thread called "i have a girlfriend" and it's pages of "oh man epic thread" when absolutely nothing is happening.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53104 on: January 10, 2019, 02:22:12 AM »
QUESTION FOR ERA MEMBERS: When you report posts do you report it using the same style and nomenclature that the mods use?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #53105 on: January 10, 2019, 02:23:11 AM »
You know it shows your name when you report a post, right
每天生气

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #53106 on: January 10, 2019, 02:34:39 AM »
You're ruining the magic, shosta.

benjipwns

« Reply #53107 on: January 10, 2019, 02:40:29 AM »
remember at the launch when all those idiots put in their real name for their username :lol

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53108 on: January 10, 2019, 02:43:10 AM »

benjipwns

shosta

« Reply #53110 on: January 10, 2019, 02:51:10 AM »
remember at the launch when all those idiots put in their real name for their username :lol
For an entire week I would spend a couple hours or so every night going through my PMs and organizing username change requests and then sending that off to an admin to make the changes. Sometimes someone would make their first account with their real name, then they'd make a second account with the actual username they wanted, and then request for the first one to be deleted because it was personal information. Or some variation of that which still required an account deletion. So in my notes I'd write something like "delete <username>". But there were a couple of times where instead of writing down the account to delete, I wrote down the account that had sent me the request (the one they wanted to keep), and those accounts would get nuked. Oops! I'm sure God will forgive me when I die.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #53111 on: January 10, 2019, 02:59:38 AM »
When I started working in the game industry, I had a list of "dream developers" that I wanted to work for, but I thought would be forever out of my reach. Blizzard was on that list.

It's been real sobering crossing the names off as the years have passed. I don't think any are left now.
Yeah I can really empathize with that, I'm studying game design for about an year now on university, but since before that, when I started taking the whole thing a bit more seriously, I started having dream studios crossed off the list.
:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #53112 on: January 10, 2019, 03:00:20 AM »
Some of you in here are fucking digusting. You suck and should be deeply ashamed of yourselves. This kind of behaviour from you is how come Male suicide is so high and male abuse doesnt get believed.

I hope He gets the justice he deserves from reporting this and I hope this highlights to some that Abuse isnt a one gender problem.
He? God?

shosta

« Reply #53113 on: January 10, 2019, 03:02:53 AM »
Quote from: Hobbes, senior editor at MP1st.com
there is the whole overhang of Blizzard essentially cancelling Hearthstone as an e-sports game
Esports. No hyphen.
Without people like Hobbes, Esports would have no chance of becoming professional.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #53114 on: January 10, 2019, 03:03:25 AM »
Just got my bachelors in psychology and applying for graduate school; yeah, this is pretty much accurate.

benjipwns

« Reply #53115 on: January 10, 2019, 03:06:29 AM »
New account with 9 post. I forsee account getting banned in the near future.
I like this spin on the concept.

benjipwns

« Reply #53116 on: January 10, 2019, 03:07:06 AM »
History is full of men who were called weak and proceeded to destroy millions of lives. Hitler is another prime example of this. Dude started a genicide because his dad called him a pansy and that his paintings sucked.

shosta

« Reply #53117 on: January 10, 2019, 03:08:28 AM »
Quote from: Hobbes
Can we expect you or someone else at MP1st.com to contact this guy or anyone at Blizzard Esports for comment on an article about this situation
I'll make no promises.
lol
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53118 on: January 10, 2019, 03:11:56 AM »
When I started working in the game industry, I had a list of "dream developers" that I wanted to work for, but I thought would be forever out of my reach. Blizzard was on that list.

It's been real sobering crossing the names off as the years have passed. I don't think any are left now.
Yeah I can really empathize with that, I'm studying game design for about an year now on university, but since before that, when I started taking the whole thing a bit more seriously, I started having dream studios crossed off the list.
:doge

I can't get a good job to save my life but all these shit people getting amazing ones...
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #53119 on: January 10, 2019, 03:15:52 AM »
Hobbes about to e-mail the Blizzard embassy and get the deets. (Maybe.) :lawd

benjipwns

« Reply #53120 on: January 10, 2019, 03:17:03 AM »
Wow I was thinking about buying Diablo for the Switch and getting back into world of warcraft lol Good thing they are plenty of other games out there for me to play.
whew, that was a close one, stay safe

benjipwns

« Reply #53121 on: January 10, 2019, 03:18:50 AM »
Every post I've made on this page of the thread has been replying to people giving excuses as to why this story is suspicious, no big deal, or why we shouldn't be worried about the lack of media interest in this. Someone even said the victim sounded like a crazy person, and another said male victims can't be believed without further investigation. You'd think a moderator would have shown up in this thread by now.
wow at this MRA gator incel backseat moderating :wag

benjipwns

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53123 on: January 10, 2019, 03:24:23 AM »
This sounds absolutely disgusting and unhygienic. Poor ideas and concepts deserve to fail. You have to be a special kind of asshole to let something like this even happen or think it's a good idea.
Why is everyone so angry on this forum, geez lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-nude-restaurant-in-paris-to-shut-down-after-just-over-a-year-of-opening.92492/page-2#post-16724577
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #53124 on: January 10, 2019, 03:27:54 AM »
Clayface would like a shitfest of CGI unfortunately.
You're joking right?

They have the technology to do Clayface properly now.
I have no faith in CGI of constantly flowing mud not consistently looking like a video game boss.
did neither of these people see spiderman 3

or any movie since the turn of the century
每天生气

benita

« Reply #53125 on: January 10, 2019, 03:40:57 AM »
i can never get over the "antagonizing others" action reason
It's basically punishment for not falling into lockstep.

I got permed with that as the reason because over the course of a week I:

• Refused to fall for Enzom's race baiting in which he insisted over the course of 6 pages and 2 dozen posts that I was "dismissing black people" and eventually admitted that "I'll never believe you're not lying".
  • Responded to a typically judgemental RedMercury post by suggesting that a dude who told a suicidal poster to fuck off was in no position to take the moral high ground
  • Quoted The Kree's post count back at him. Something he does constantly.

That's fucking it.

jorma

« Reply #53126 on: January 10, 2019, 03:44:57 AM »

• Refused to fall for Enzom's race baiting in which he insisted over the course of 6 pages and 2 dozen posts that I was "dismissing black people" and eventually admitted that "I'll never believe you're not lying".
  • Responded to a typically judgemental RedMercury post by suggesting that a dude who told a suicidal poster to fuck off was in no position to take the moral high ground

That's fucking it.

we already know, it was covered extensively itt 
we also knew that you were about to be permed long before you did  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #53127 on: January 10, 2019, 03:50:21 AM »
User was banned for: giving Enzom21 blue balls

benjipwns

« Reply #53128 on: January 10, 2019, 03:53:52 AM »
The Nation exposed as alt-right GamerGate hive:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-nation-new-studies-show-pundits-are-wrong-about-russian-social-media-involvement-in-us-politics.92292/
Seems like astroturfing.
From a super quick google: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-nation/

'The Nation endorsed Bernie Sanders for President in 2016. They also have been criticized for being a Pro-Russia publication by both conservatives and liberals. Here is a quote from the right leaning Washington Free Beacon: “The Nation’s modern day Russia coverage has been criticized as too pro-Putin.'

I don't know how unbiased mediabiasfactcheck is, but I am a little skeptical of The Nation in regard to Russia.
This source doesn't seem to be legit at all
That source is reaaaaaaly fishy.
Article comes out downplaying Russia efforts to guide the election not too shortly before the Mueller report is supposed to drop
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
I understand they seem to be progressive / leftist, but my concern is more that they've been criticized for being pro-Russia in particular.
Why publicize this clearly bad faith article?
OP, are you posting this because you agree?
Wow. The Nation huh? Did people here already forget the publications clear bias? Surprised this even got posted by the OP without any response to the known leanings of said pub.
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
This thread seems to be going nowhere fast and the nature of the editorial doesn’t seem particularly conducive to good discussion, so this thread is closed to further replies.

benita

« Reply #53129 on: January 10, 2019, 03:54:55 AM »
It's astonishing how myopic he is. I've never seen him make a single post that didn't revolve around race or more specifically racism.

He was accusing me of dismissing black people because I was defending... Chris fucking Rock, and shitting on 2 white dudes saying the n-word. He legit did not no how would handle me not giving up or telling him to fuck off.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53130 on: January 10, 2019, 04:05:01 AM »
It's astonishing how myopic he is. I've never seen him make a single post that didn't revolve around race or more specifically racism.

He was accusing me of dismissing black people because I was defending... Chris fucking Rock, and shitting on 2 white dudes saying the n-word. He legit did not no how would handle me not giving up or telling him to fuck off.

Stay in your lane.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53131 on: January 10, 2019, 04:06:58 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ResetEra

made an edit :teehee

I don't see that site surviving much longer with its ostensibly terrible policies like "be welcoming to new members" and "assume good faith".
No wonder Jimmy Wales is always looking for handouts, probably from alt right gamergater incels.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53132 on: January 10, 2019, 04:07:25 AM »

yeah, but what did you really want to call him?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53133 on: January 10, 2019, 04:09:40 AM »
This is like that Social Credit situation emerging in China. "BACK TO THE LURK TANK, YOUR OPINION HOLDS NO VALUE MR 46P".
Just mere coincidence that fuckos using their all accounts to post shit takes always follow the same pattern then

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gordon-ramsay-under-fire-for-resurfaced-interview-with-sofia-vergara.92184/page-9#post-16695110

:morans

Exactly. Like 20-40 posts about a Nintendo game/sale or Fortnite, and then a post jumping in to defend bullshit. It's transparent
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #53134 on: January 10, 2019, 04:21:15 AM »
The Nation? Didn't they produce that awful Iraq War neocon Christopher Hitchens? Probably Russian supported.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #53135 on: January 10, 2019, 04:22:24 AM »
yeah, but what did you really want to call him?
a noogler
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #53136 on: January 10, 2019, 04:24:17 AM »
Ramsey always seemed like the Trump of celebrity chefs.

benjipwns

« Reply #53137 on: January 10, 2019, 04:28:42 AM »
I think they should take away the ability of juniors to post until they prove they aren't going to be posting in bad faith.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53138 on: January 10, 2019, 04:34:51 AM »
I think they should take away the ability of juniors to post until they prove they aren't going to be posting in bad faith.

They should make a junior only forum like servers for cheaters in multiplayer games. Of course, you can unlock posting privileges on the senior forum with an Era Clear membership.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53139 on: January 10, 2019, 04:35:08 AM »
"Era Clear"

hah, sounds like an Acne medication...

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #53140 on: January 10, 2019, 04:39:37 AM »
Prevent juniors from posting until they report 10 posts that result in actioning from the mods. False reports or non-actioned reports reset the counter. Once they pass this, they can progress to the first tier of their posting career: linking to Sony/Nintendo press releases
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

« Reply #53141 on: January 10, 2019, 04:44:14 AM »
Yes, yes, this is good, I like when we act as the Think Tank for ResetERA.com to better improve its user friendly access to progressive discussion.

It says: "I care."

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #53142 on: January 10, 2019, 04:52:02 AM »
Gaf required you to have a paid email? Take it one step further, to post on Era you need a REE neck tattoo.
That'd weed out trolls real fast.

benjipwns

« Reply #53143 on: January 10, 2019, 04:54:28 AM »
That's one way to get all the women that the incels are seducing.

Tiops

« Reply #53144 on: January 10, 2019, 05:32:11 AM »

That's fucking it.

Well, you bothered Enzom and RedMercury. That's almost a explicit request for a permaban there. Should have added incelsiorlef to the list just to go out with a bang.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53145 on: January 10, 2019, 05:39:47 AM »

In his mind the only appropriate response from Chris Rock would be to stop the interview and punch Louis C.K in the jaw.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53146 on: January 10, 2019, 05:45:02 AM »
Then Louis C.K's face-mask comes loose, and he tears it off to reveal... Red Skull!

BisMarckie

benjipwns

« Reply #53148 on: January 10, 2019, 06:09:11 AM »
Amazing how America is so submissive when it comes to that genocide state.
:delicious

BisMarckie

« Reply #53149 on: January 10, 2019, 06:19:01 AM »
Can someone give me a list of ways in which I can actually boycott Israel?
Might as well just try to piss off these lobbyists more.

(((Lobbyists)))

jorma

« Reply #53151 on: January 10, 2019, 06:38:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-lady-gaga-facing-pressure-to-condemn-r-kelly-with-whom-she-collaborated-as-recently-as-2015-up-gaga-responds.92472/

This whole thread.  Think that celebrities are your friends, brehs.

"we see her as an ally, therefore she absolutely has an obligation to say the things we want her to say, and do the things we want her to do"

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #53152 on: January 10, 2019, 06:39:31 AM »
The only good things to come out of R. Kelly’s wretched existence is the opening scene in Space Jam, and this music video:

Drip drip drip  :rkelly
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53153 on: January 10, 2019, 06:45:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-lady-gaga-facing-pressure-to-condemn-r-kelly-with-whom-she-collaborated-as-recently-as-2015-up-gaga-responds.92472/

This whole thread.  Think that celebrities are your friends, brehs.

and people were mad she didnt win the other day

...but I always knew there was something fishy.
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #53154 on: January 10, 2019, 06:51:30 AM »

selfdoxx

benjipwns

« Reply #53155 on: January 10, 2019, 06:51:36 AM »
Seems to me to just want to ignore the fact she made a boatload of cash and got to introduce herself with his massive fan base. I don’t think you can overlook how that song helped her career and fan base.
R. Kelly invented Lady Gaga in 2013.

benjipwns

« Reply #53156 on: January 10, 2019, 06:53:36 AM »
Why does no one care about how this affects the legacy of Space Jam?!?!?

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #53157 on: January 10, 2019, 06:58:37 AM »
i'm listening to ignition remix right now, don't @ me

agrajag

« Reply #53158 on: January 10, 2019, 06:59:48 AM »
has Shawn Bradley commented on the situation?

benjipwns

« Reply #53159 on: January 10, 2019, 07:05:17 AM »
You know, for having the power to steal anyone's basketball ability the Monstars sure made some questionable choices.