Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828353 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Boredfrom

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #61201 on: February 13, 2019, 10:42:00 PM »
Well, we can all look forward to the people who harassed Kelly Marie Tran off Twitter feeling vindicated and empowered.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-rian-johnson-is-no-longer-directing-his-%E2%80%98star-wars%E2%80%99-trilogy.99584/post-17898101

:bobby

benjipwns

« Reply #61202 on: February 13, 2019, 10:42:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-crackdown-3-campaign-gameplay-footage.99387/post-17859235
User Banned (Duration Pending): Antagonizing other members of a series of posts, modwhining, and numerous prior infractions for hostility and disruptive behavior
Looks very last-gen to me. As if it's a remaster of something originally made around 2008.
First fucking post.

Y'all just can't help yourself.

Mods are giving y'all free reign to shit on this game though so carry on I suppose.

zepblackstar

« Reply #61203 on: February 13, 2019, 10:43:17 PM »
spicy rumors of rian johnson not doing any star wars coming out.

era meltdown  has already started

Boredfrom

« Reply #61204 on: February 13, 2019, 10:46:13 PM »

NO WAY

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61205 on: February 13, 2019, 10:48:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-crackdown-3-campaign-gameplay-footage.99387/post-17859235
User Banned (Duration Pending): Antagonizing other members of a series of posts, modwhining, and numerous prior infractions for hostility and disruptive behavior
Looks very last-gen to me. As if it's a remaster of something originally made around 2008.
First fucking post.

Y'all just can't help yourself.

Mods are giving y'all free reign to shit on this game though so carry on I suppose.

It really does look pretty 'last-gen', though.  Agents Of Mayhem looks better.  :doge
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #61206 on: February 13, 2019, 10:59:13 PM »
It really does look pretty 'last-gen', though.  Agents Of Mayhem looks better.  :doge
FACT CHECK:
https://twitter.com/SnoopyG7/status/1093724609768288259

Jansen

« Reply #61207 on: February 13, 2019, 11:39:54 PM »
I enjoyed Crackdown and heck even Crackdown 2 but I have no hype for the third one.

My Xbox One continues to exist solely for the CW app

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61208 on: February 14, 2019, 12:03:25 AM »

If Disney likes money they would disavow this guy so hard he has to hop on a falcon and go make movies on mars.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #61210 on: February 14, 2019, 12:10:16 AM »
Suck it fagz rian is still making Star Wars  :pacspit

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #61211 on: February 14, 2019, 12:13:52 AM »

If Disney likes money they would disavow this guy so hard he has to hop on a falcon and go make movies on mars.

Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #61212 on: February 14, 2019, 12:23:14 AM »
Unliked

Too hateful even 4 me

Jansen

« Reply #61213 on: February 14, 2019, 12:26:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rian-johnson-is-still-directing-his-star-wars-trilogy-stop-believing-things-you-read-on-twitter.99584/page-15#post-17900667

Quote from: SugarNoodles, post: 17900667, member: 30436
I dont really want to get into anything having to do with his intent in changing his name because it's not relevant. The fact of the matter is that he ended up with a name that made him come across as white, and played roles of white characters in movies. That's where white privilege is relevant.

:doge
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 12:48:04 AM by Jansen »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #61214 on: February 14, 2019, 12:27:27 AM »

Literally who @ video:

*clicks to Youtube*
*Thousands of fan bitching about Star Wars*
:kobeyuck

Star Wars was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.
(Fans start to agree)
No, I mean it's been trash since the original trilogy. Please kill yourselves if being toxic because "muh Disney" makes you Hobby Lobby (#hesexuallyassaultedfanstoo!) podcast for years about a shitty movie.

Jansen

« Reply #61215 on: February 14, 2019, 12:47:16 AM »
Quote from: TFGB, post: 17900790, member: 51196
Yep. Dogs>humans.👍🏻

I’ll stop and greet a dog that I’ve never met in the street. Wouldn’t catch me doing that with any human.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/excited-doggo-jumped-down-a-building-at-his-returning-owner-landed-on-owners-head-and-broke-his-neck.99554/#post-17900790

Bore Expert

« Reply #61216 on: February 14, 2019, 12:47:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rian-johnson-is-still-directing-his-‘star-wars’-trilogy-stop-believing-things-you-read-on-twitter.99584/page-4#post-17896874

You think everybody bothered to vote?

I know I didn’t.

Typical era   

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61217 on: February 14, 2019, 01:31:59 AM »
A rian johnson trilogy would bomb so hard we'd be dealing with the nuclear fallout for the next 700 years.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #61218 on: February 14, 2019, 01:34:26 AM »
Also, like I'm going to trust a system that can't even create a measurement of mass that doesn't change constantly on an atomic level. :donot
iirc, they can't make one that won't lose or gain mass, it's been suggested that they change the method entirely since you can define it without building an actual little ball

there's also some movement to redefine all of the metric system so it's tied to a single set of formulas
Behold, the glory of SI. Keep measuring shit by some dead dude's elbow, colonists.  :smug
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_redefinition_of_SI_base_units

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61219 on: February 14, 2019, 01:53:42 AM »
A unit  in F = The amount of heat generated when Amirox faps his penor 6 times at medium to fierce ferocity to a 13 year old boy on google safe search.

A unit in C = The temperature water boils at STP / 100.

And in 2019, we get an even better interpretation using the Boltzmann constant :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #61220 on: February 14, 2019, 02:41:09 AM »
Fahrenheit/Celsius :nope

Kelvin :ohyeah

benjipwns

« Reply #61221 on: February 14, 2019, 02:49:12 AM »
The Bire's MAGA tards on full blast:

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61223 on: February 14, 2019, 03:05:47 AM »
It's about time weebs get protected status :rejoice

BIONIC

« Reply #61224 on: February 14, 2019, 03:24:29 AM »
The spineless fucks changed it from racism to inflammatory generalizations after the plebs started complaining  :lol

Can’t even stand by their shitty modding  ::)
Margs

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61225 on: February 14, 2019, 03:31:55 AM »
The spineless fucks changed it from racism to inflammatory generalizations after the plebs started complaining  :lol

Can’t even stand by their shitty modding  ::) 

benjipwns

« Reply #61226 on: February 14, 2019, 03:43:05 AM »
  :drudge
Same. Cops aren't great protagonists if I have to think about the police seriously for even a second. Also... the game isn't really cyberpunk if you're playing as the POLICE.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61227 on: February 14, 2019, 03:49:21 AM »
policequest annihilated
boogie annihilated
stufte annihilated

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #61228 on: February 14, 2019, 04:08:49 AM »
Bladerunner annihilated, even though it invented cyberpunk in film
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61229 on: February 14, 2019, 04:10:31 AM »
snatcher annihilated
pinkertons annihilated
my tight leather pants annihilated

agrajag

« Reply #61230 on: February 14, 2019, 04:35:12 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #61231 on: February 14, 2019, 04:48:51 AM »
He shouldn't be on fucking Twitter if he doesn't want people to tweet at him. Or if he just wants to creep on women (which is what he does) he can make his account private.

Making a good game once in a while doesn't give you a free pass to be a prejudiced asshole.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/platinum-games-announces-astral-chain-for-nintendo-switch-supervisor-hideki-kamiya-director-taura-takahisa-nier-automata-launches-august-30.99514/page-13#post-17891134

:dsp :umad
ὕβρις

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #61232 on: February 14, 2019, 04:51:21 AM »
I always get into these international conversations between people from Canada and Europe saying how backwards Americans are for using the imperial system, and nothing boils my blood up more than not only unearned but also completely wrong intellectual superiority.

But everything is base 10 it makes it all easier to convert!
This the most cited reason for using the metric system is using the base 10 formula. Kilometer is 1000 meters, a kilogram is 1000 grams ect. But everyone seems to fail to realize that you can do the same thing with the imperial system.

Take the kilopound, it's 1000 pounds, a cenipound could be 1/100 of a pound. You've just taken the base 10 advantage of the metric system and applied it to the imperial system with little to no reducation of training.

Also the reason why the conversions of imperial are always 3 feet = yard, 12 inches = 1 feet is because base 3, 4 numbers have more factors than base 10.

Numbers that can divide by base 10

1, 2 ,5, 10
Numbers that can divide by base 12 (12 inches = foot)

1,2,3, 4, 6, 12
Numbers that can divide by base 16 (16 Ounces = 1 Pound)

1, 2, 4, 8, 12
As a result you can divide 12 by 3 or 4 without ending up with decimals or reconverting the whole unit system. This is why it has been used for centuries because it was easier to deal with in everyday life without ending up in tedious decimal places.

Imperial is arbitrary and unscientific, It's based on a kings foot for example!
News flash, metric is just as arbitrary and unscientific as the imperial system.

Take a Metre for example. A meter was based between the distance between the north pole to the equator and was designed to be 1/10 000 000 of that distance. And then it turned out to be wrong, to fix that and to base it on a more scientific number it became the distance a speed of light traveled in a vacuum in 1/299,792,458 seconds.

Wow like that couldn't have been done with by a yard! A yard could have just been redefined as the distance the speed of light travels in 1/274131050 seconds and would have been just as scientific.

Literally every measurement in metric not only is completely arbitrary but is based on an object that doesn't even exist. A kilogram is based on several prototypes that are sealed and not allowed access to, or this theoretical silicon sphere that weighs 1kg, but nature prevents you from making a 100% perfect sphere, so it's not even possible to have in the first place.

Why doesn't America just follow the rest of the world?
I don't know, maybe every reason on earth? Economical? Engineering? Cost of human life?

Yes, people will die directly as a result of officially changing to the metric system. Take the Gimli Glider where a passenger jet ran out of fuel half way through the flight because someone refueled it in pounds rather than kilograms.

Also it will take forever if not impossible to convert to the metric system, and no country in the world can claim to be fully converted.

Go look at European websites for goods and services and see how many times imperial measurements come up.

Samsung's German website sells TV sizes in Inches

Hunting Rifle maker Sako in Finland sells their gun lengths in inches

Home Depot in Canada still sells their lumber in inches

Why? Because when you decide to use metric, the rest of the worlds machines built in imperial don't magically change to metric. Screws, nuts, bolts, robotic cutting devices, ect on assets expected to last 20 years were built using imperial standard. Now when you make everything metric the dimensions are not the same so you end up with awkward measurements like soda bottles with 591ml.

As a result people who were going to be the "metric generation" ended up learning the imperial system anyways, and we have come to the worst case scenario of only knowing metric system in a world advertising itself as imperial.

How do I know? Because I'm a Canadian born in the late 80s when they instituted the metric system, and I still get angry everytime I get into an argument about the metric system inside of a steakhouse that is serving steak by the Oz."Metric is the only way to go! Can I have the 16 oz. Prime Rib please?"

Whats more annoying still is that the conversion process is insanely expensive.

Did you know a road sign costs over $400 to install? Now imagine replacing every roadsigns in the United States for $400 a piece for that system. Then pay for education, and also pay for the inevitable mistakes that will result of switching.

Is there a solution to the madness?
Yes, just let the free market decide which measurements make sense and which don't. You already have metric elements in the US out of no legislation to have them. 2L bottles of soda is an accepted measurement that for whatever reason have found to be logical. This way the system naturally progresses to the best standard.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #61233 on: February 14, 2019, 04:53:38 AM »
Yes, he blocks people on a fuckin social media app. Will you get over it one day or will you keep derailing every single PlatinumGames/Kamiya thread for the next few years ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/platinum-games-announces-astral-chain-for-nintendo-switch-supervisor-hideki-kamiya-director-taura-takahisa-nier-automata-launches-august-30.99514/page-14#post-17891521

:whew
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #61234 on: February 14, 2019, 04:57:23 AM »
I always get into these international conversations between people from Canada and Europe saying how backwards Americans are for using the imperial system, and nothing boils my blood up more than not only unearned but also completely wrong intellectual superiority.

This the most cited reason for using the metric system is using the base 10 formula. Kilometer is 1000 meters, a kilogram is 1000 grams ect. But everyone seems to fail to realize that you can do the same thing with the imperial system.

Take the kilopound, it's 1000 pounds, a cenipound could be 1/100 of a pound. You've just taken the base 10 advantage of the metric system and applied it to the imperial system with little to no reducation of training.

Also the reason why the conversions of imperial are always 3 feet = yard, 12 inches = 1 feet is because base 3, 4 numbers have more factors than base 10.

1, 2 ,5, 10

1,2,3, 4, 6, 12

1, 2, 4, 8, 12
As a result you can divide 12 by 3 or 4 without ending up with decimals or reconverting the whole unit system. This is why it has been used for centuries because it was easier to deal with in everyday life without ending up in tedious decimal places.

News flash, metric is just as arbitrary and unscientific as the imperial system.

Take a Metre for example. A meter was based between the distance between the north pole to the equator and was designed to be 1/10 000 000 of that distance. And then it turned out to be wrong, to fix that and to base it on a more scientific number it became the distance a speed of light traveled in a vacuum in 1/299,792,458 seconds.

Wow like that couldn't have been done with by a yard! A yard could have just been redefined as the distance the speed of light travels in 1/274131050 seconds and would have been just as scientific.

Literally every measurement in metric not only is completely arbitrary but is based on an object that doesn't even exist. A kilogram is based on several prototypes that are sealed and not allowed access to, or this theoretical silicon sphere that weighs 1kg, but nature prevents you from making a 100% perfect sphere, so it's not even possible to have in the first place.

I don't know, maybe every reason on earth? Economical? Engineering? Cost of human life?

Yes, people will die directly as a result of officially changing to the metric system. Take the Gimli Glider where a passenger jet ran out of fuel half way through the flight because someone refueled it in pounds rather than kilograms.

Also it will take forever if not impossible to convert to the metric system, and no country in the world can claim to be fully converted.

Go look at European websites for goods and services and see how many times imperial measurements come up.

Why? Because when you decide to use metric, the rest of the worlds machines built in imperial don't magically change to metric. Screws, nuts, bolts, robotic cutting devices, ect on assets expected to last 20 years were built using imperial standard. Now when you make everything metric the dimensions are not the same so you end up with awkward measurements like soda bottles with 591ml.

As a result people who were going to be the "metric generation" ended up learning the imperial system anyways, and we have come to the worst case scenario of only knowing metric system in a world advertising itself as imperial.

How do I know? Because I'm a Canadian born in the late 80s when they instituted the metric system, and I still get angry everytime I get into an argument about the metric system inside of a steakhouse that is serving steak by the Oz."Metric is the only way to go! Can I have the 16 oz. Prime Rib please?"

Did you know a road sign costs over $400 to install? Now imagine replacing every roadsigns in the United States for $400 a piece for that system. Then pay for education, and also pay for the inevitable mistakes that will result of switching.

Yes, just let the free market decide which measurements make sense and which don't. You already have metric elements in the US out of no legislation to have them. 2L bottles of soda is an accepted measurement that for whatever reason have found to be logical. This way the system naturally progresses to the best standard.

I talked to this autistic kid on the bus yesterday who said the exact same thing

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #61235 on: February 14, 2019, 05:02:00 AM »

1, 2 ,5, 10

1,2,3, 4, 6, 12

1, 2, 4, 8, 12

I talked to this autistic kid on the bus yesterday who said the exact same thing

You should be careful about talking to yourself in public they might think you are mad.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #61236 on: February 14, 2019, 05:09:14 AM »
We should cut off all our pinky fingers and toes so we can be base-8 like god intended

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #61237 on: February 14, 2019, 05:10:50 AM »
having to use objects like fingers to do basic arithmetic...

yikes

is this how kirblar feels?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #61238 on: February 14, 2019, 05:18:07 AM »
also there are like cultures and tribes and stuff that use base 12 and use the segments of their fingers so your attempt at annihilation is frightfully rooted in white privilege and ethnocentrism

:social

oof

BIONIC

Margs

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #61240 on: February 14, 2019, 05:22:58 AM »
Alt-Right tried insulting us by posting bullcrap on the page. Era had a thread about it, and a few of us went and changed the page ourselves.

Maybe the right wing doucebags started doing it again and Wikipedia thought it'd be easier just to kill the page.

:rofl :gun

the bire EXPOSED

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #61241 on: February 14, 2019, 05:23:20 AM »
Spoilers:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
they blame alt-right
[close]

Dammit Jensen!!!

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #61242 on: February 14, 2019, 05:26:09 AM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #61243 on: February 14, 2019, 05:28:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/platinum-games-announces-astral-chain-for-nintendo-switch-supervisor-hideki-kamiya-director-taura-takahisa-nier-automata-launches-august-30.99514/page-13#post-17890328

Another racist disgraced ree mod  :drudge

Yeah that's pretty weird. She's wearing body armour, but doesn't care about her exposed femoral artery.
Seriously. I don't understand why they even have her in armor at all if she's going to leave two of her most critical weak points that exposed. One solid strike to the femoral artery and she'll bleed out in the goddamn street.

One armed women fighting at the frontlines of WW2 = who cares about accuracy? It's just a game!

Anime character fighting robots with power ranger companion = OMG WHY DOESN'T SHE PROTECT HER FEMORAL ARTERY??

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #61244 on: February 14, 2019, 05:31:02 AM »
So, Fire Emblem Three Houses will be featured in about 5.5 hours. How many of the sexualized bingo slots will that game fill?

(Image removed from quote.)

If I was in charge of designs, you'd hardly see any skin at all

:ego

I can't believe they're mad that the MC shows a tiny bit of stomach

This totally ruins the immersion of this game where people go to a medieval highschool to wage wars!
Yeah for real, I was looking for fanart of the MC’s big fat milkers and people were complaining non stop about the belly button showing

It’s a dumb anime fantasy game, ffs, let the designs be fantastical

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61245 on: February 14, 2019, 05:31:54 AM »
alt + right sounds like it should be a shortcut to flip your monitor :thinking

BIONIC

« Reply #61246 on: February 14, 2019, 05:33:18 AM »
Exposed female femoral arteries :mouf
Margs

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #61247 on: February 14, 2019, 05:33:52 AM »
I didn’t realize there were so many here who agree with Trump that our intelligence agencies are wrong about Russia’s meddling. Please wait for the the completed report before deciding it’s overstated because you think it is.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-there-a-hyperfocus-and-exaggeration-of-russian-intervention-and-as-a-result-a-downplaying-of-other-issues-especially-us-based-ones.99555/post-17906053

I'm expecting this to lead to beautiful things  :delicious

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61248 on: February 14, 2019, 05:36:57 AM »

BIONIC

« Reply #61249 on: February 14, 2019, 05:38:20 AM »
That stereotypical Japanese thigh-gap :mouf
Margs

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61250 on: February 14, 2019, 05:43:35 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #61251 on: February 14, 2019, 05:49:58 AM »
I didn’t realize there were so many here who agree with Trump that our intelligence agencies are wrong about Russia’s meddling. Please wait for the the completed report before deciding it’s overstated because you think it is.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-there-a-hyperfocus-and-exaggeration-of-russian-intervention-and-as-a-result-a-downplaying-of-other-issues-especially-us-based-ones.99555/post-17906053

I'm expecting this to lead to beautiful things  :delicious

Quote from: Kirblar
Russia has actively supported installing crony dictatorships in Ukraine and Venezuela in recent years. (Yes I know the US does not have a good track record on this in the second half of the 1900s.)
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #61252 on: February 14, 2019, 05:52:18 AM »
It's a crime syndicate masquerading as a government.

Statists annihilated.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #61253 on: February 14, 2019, 06:02:16 AM »
I thought the Ruskies put all their resources into the Jill Stein campaign? :thinking

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61254 on: February 14, 2019, 06:03:30 AM »
I thought the Ruskies put all their resources into the Jill Stein campaign? :thinking
They had a few dollars left from their $400 budget

skullstorm

« Reply #61255 on: February 14, 2019, 06:22:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-ryan-adams-dangled-success-women-say-they-paid-a-price.99504/post-17885766

Woah yikes oof, good thing Ryan Adams is white or this dude would be a total genocidal maniac like Neeson  :whew

BisMarckie

« Reply #61256 on: February 14, 2019, 06:30:46 AM »
https://resetera.com//threads/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-remake-announced-for-nintendo-switch.99516/post-17899120

*Link attempts to sneak out of the shop without paying for the shovel* SHOPKEEPER: "Not so fast, cocksucker!" *shopkeeper blows off Link's head at point-blank range with a pump-action shotgun* SHOPKEEPER: "Dear god... What have I done?" *cue a montage where the shopkeeper melts down Link's headless body in a chemical barrel while "The Sound of Silence" plays*

User Warned: Inappropriate commentary

:rofl

BisMarckie

« Reply #61257 on: February 14, 2019, 06:34:10 AM »
https://resetera.com//threads/lara-croft-is-kind-of-an-awful-person-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider.99244/post-17866234
User banned (1 month): sexism

most girls are great at holding insane grudges

:ohyou

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #61258 on: February 14, 2019, 06:34:37 AM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #61259 on: February 14, 2019, 06:51:51 AM »
The Bire's MAGA tards on full blast:

The bigger story here is that he's being interviewed by POC female Robin Roberts?!

:bobby :social
Uncle