Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3801839 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #54900 on: November 15, 2019, 03:54:16 AM »
This was a channel that had been created as a safe space for minority members of the staff. Only a very limited number of individuals had access to the channel in question
I like the implication that the regular moderator channel was so bigoted that they had to make a safe space just for the minority members of the staff.

BisMarckie

« Reply #54901 on: November 15, 2019, 03:56:23 AM »
This was a channel that had been created as a safe space for minority members of the staff. Only a very limited number of individuals had access to the channel in question
I like the implication that the regular moderator channel was so bigoted that they had to make a safe space just for the minority members of the staff.

The only way to escape shosta‘s libertarian propaganda :trumps

benjipwns

« Reply #54902 on: November 15, 2019, 04:00:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/south-park-mocks-trans-athlete-with-a-transphobic-episode.153068/post-26483418
This. The thing that's made progress slow is the amount of people who choose to say they respect the rights, lives and comfort of marginalized people but fight tooth and nail to never actually listen to what they're saying. It's funny how often people bring up "outrage culture" without the context of why the oppressed group in question rightfully are and should be outraged. Trans people die on a regular basis due often to either internalizing the dehumanization they face in legislation, healthcare, and media leading to fatal depression or from the cis people who've internalized the same messages and abuse/slaughter the trans people they see as subhuman. In a climate like that though somehow transmen and transwomen and their allies are told to temper their emotions in regards to a million dollar global franchise putting out gross, harmful bullshit because their anger is "unfounded/unjustified" or "will reverse/stop progress". Gimme a break.
what the fuck is this shitt? don't you realize being "punching bags" means people are literally killing themselves?! Don't you fucking have like a little bit of empathy?
Trans people are being killed and beaten on a daily basis and you come in here with this hot take. Fuck. Off.
I bet you scream and get red in the face when a game dev makes a decision you don’t agree with.

benjipwns

« Reply #54903 on: November 15, 2019, 04:04:14 AM »
The problem with South Park and "nuance" is that their hubris blows up in their face.
Nobody remembers the point of the douche vs turd episode was that voting is still important, even if you don't like the candidate. All most people remember is the douche vs the turd and a lot of people used it to fuel their apathy.
Nobody remembers that the episode actually ends with the school throwing out the election completely and restoring the original mascot because all of PETA is dead and can't complain anymore.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #54904 on: November 15, 2019, 04:09:18 AM »
The problem with South Park and "nuance" is that their hubris blows up in their face.
Nobody remembers the point of the douche vs turd episode was that voting is still important, even if you don't like the candidate. All most people remember is the douche vs the turd and a lot of people used it to fuel their apathy.
Nobody remembers that the episode actually ends with the school throwing out the election completely and restoring the original mascot because all of PETA is dead and can't complain anymore.

Nobody remembers because everyone on Era left midway through to post, "but what if a dumb person watches this episode?!  They might get the wrong idea.   Censor this potentially confusing media before the dumb people (not me) see it."
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #54905 on: November 15, 2019, 04:10:47 AM »
Wow, I'm reading the thread where ket got banned, this is some fucking bullshit. considering if i want to be part of this community any more.

benjipwns

« Reply #54906 on: November 15, 2019, 04:35:04 AM »
https://twitter.com/PiraatPedro/status/1194821477444521985

QWERTY Girl 🛡
@PiraatPedro
Writer, Philosopher, Transgender Bitch Queen of the Universe, (she/her) Lesbian Sushi powered 🍣 'Unicorn in combat boots'🦄 Also: I'm a transgender panda 🐼

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #54907 on: November 15, 2019, 04:44:09 AM »
That episode is pretty much retaliatory against the loser freaks who "adopt" a trans persona to own the libs.  Like that guy up in Canada who wanted his balls shaved to prove a point.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #54908 on: November 15, 2019, 04:49:38 AM »
But the staff is more concerned about people being meanies to them (half of their fucking updated guidelines was about not tolerating even the slightest bit of criticism of staff decisions) than fostering a healthy environment for trans people to talk about trans-related topics. They think "we have trans members on staff" is a defense against any and all criticism, and any public dissent is silenced. It's garbage.
Yikes, inflammatory misrepresentation of staff decisions.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54909 on: November 15, 2019, 04:53:52 AM »
marrec 4D galaxy chess to turn ERA into a massively transphobic forum now falling into place.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #54910 on: November 15, 2019, 04:56:28 AM »
so marrec's alt was Royalan all along :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #54911 on: November 15, 2019, 05:02:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-trans-awareness-week-nov-13th-19th.153146/post-26484386
Quote from: Kyuuji
Trans awarenesss week and we have the thread on trans concerns locked, the largest advocate for mental health and trans concerns banned, and a massive portion of the vocal trans and non-binary community afraid or too tired to post in threads concerning themselves and their issues.

It took months of trans threads being an utter trainwreck and someone outside of the community going "what the fuck?" before any staff post was eventually made. Then even at that stage half of it was about the staff and how voicing our dicontent had upset some. Zero mention of the months of being mocked, belittled, dismissed and insulted by people on this forum in every trans thread outside of the OT's.

This really does need to be better. Thank you for everyone that gave support in that thread and this. Seeing non-trans members of the forum showing support is a shot of energy, and always appreciated.

I wish it could be more joyous, but considering the weeks gone and the past 24hrs I really can't feel it. I feel completely deflated.
AFRAID

OR TOO TIRED

Quote from: Nora
It sucks ass and the worst part is I'm afraid I'll get banned for even talking about it. That's the environment for us that's been created here.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 05:06:37 AM by benjipwns »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #54912 on: November 15, 2019, 05:11:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-anonymous-confessions-2019-v3-0-one-version-higher-than-the-giftbot.150087/page-11#post-26438139
My Wife is a fucking whore and my Boss has been fucking her for years. Just learned from a friend she's been fucking him for years. I don't know what's worse; the cheating or the fact my asshole Boss I hate with a seething passion is the mystery man fucking her. For the pass 10 years the asshole has screwed me over at ever opportunity as he rises up in the company and now he's fucking my wife. What luck. Everyday I go into work and see his shit eating grin on his smug face and I just want to take a shotgun and blow his head off. 20 years of marriage down the drain and my career will be finished too. Feel's great man, feel's fucking fanfuckingtastic.
每天生气

jorma

« Reply #54913 on: November 15, 2019, 05:14:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-anonymous-confessions-2019-v3-0-one-version-higher-than-the-giftbot.150087/page-11#post-26438139
My Wife is a fucking whore and my Boss has been fucking her for years. Just learned from a friend she's been fucking him for years. I don't know what's worse; the cheating or the fact my asshole Boss I hate with a seething passion is the mystery man fucking her. For the pass 10 years the asshole has screwed me over at ever opportunity as he rises up in the company and now he's fucking my wife. What luck. Everyday I go into work and see his shit eating grin on his smug face and I just want to take a shotgun and blow his head off. 20 years of marriage down the drain and my career will be finished too. Feel's great man, feel's fucking fanfuckingtastic.

that's for the bad vibes thread man  :(

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54914 on: November 15, 2019, 05:15:48 AM »

:fbm :jeb :joker
ὕβρις

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #54915 on: November 15, 2019, 05:18:36 AM »
So how long until Voicesofviolet joins resetera, 1 week?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54916 on: November 15, 2019, 05:19:00 AM »
Quote from: benjipwns
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-trans-awareness-week-nov-13th-19th.153146/post-26470851
(Image removed from quote.)

Quoting in case people didn't click the spoiler. This is too funny

Bore Expert

« Reply #54917 on: November 15, 2019, 05:20:26 AM »
I just added a dozen people to my era ignore list in that thread. I'm done listening to the frothing, aimless righteous anger from those cunts.

Imagine having an era ignore list and participating on the Bire era thread. What’s the point?

:idont

benjipwns

« Reply #54918 on: November 15, 2019, 05:31:45 AM »
ya'll ain't slick, trying to distract with cisproblems* while trans posters are afraid of being banned just for being trans after months and months of ResetERA.com's sustained war on minorities aided and abetted by the Staff

*like this one:
It's me again. I sent an confession earlier on about my whore wife cheating on me. Let's talk about my douchebag boss aka the Principal of the High School i work at. I'm a Physical Education Teacher at our local High School. I have been for 12 years running now. For the most part I love my job and love helping my students get into shape. What I fucking hate is my asshole Boss, the Principal. I've hated this douchebag since the time I met him. The first thing he did was squeeze my hand and slap my back real hard. See he's a passive aggressive shithead. He pretends he's nice and friendly but, fucks you behind your back:

-He continually sabotages my class by forcing us to "stay indoors and learn". Our class is Physical and about teaching teens to get into shape. Their is zero need to be indoors.

-Continually forces me to stay late to help the maintenance people clean.

-1ups me on everything I do. My wife and I bought a new house. He just bought a nice condo in Orange Beach and a new car. Then demeans me and tries to make me look bad.

-Demeans and insults me infront of my students. No privacy here. He calls me a useless idiot and a waste of payroll in front of my class.

-Anytime I send a kid to him for being unruly he reverses the punishment and instead says I'm not very good at controlling my class. Well, geez kinda hard too control when my students don't respect me and know they'll even be rewarded for acting up.

-I'm forced to work summer months and weekends. Everyone else cept a few get off. I have no choice. I don't teach P.E. during summer and I'm forced to teach whatever class needs help.

-Constantly talks shit about me behind my back and spreads horrible rumors about me to the students.

-Hired a second P.E. Teacher to act as Coach. I'm P.E. Teacher in name only now. Basically I'm a glorified sub. Reason: I clearly wasn't doing a good job as Football Coach seeing as how our team lost and for keeping failing star players off the team.

-Forces me to eat lunch by myself in the P.E. Office. I'm not allowed in the staff breakroom. He says "Why do you want to eat out here when you have an office?" News flash dingus my office doesn't have A.C. it's just a makeshift toolshed with a laptop and some first aid stuff.

-During our X-mas party invited all the staff to his home for the party. I was the only one in left at School. He didn't invite me.

-consistently tells my students I do not give a damn about their future and am only here to make money

-Told one of the female P.E. Teachers I was spying on the girls in the lockerroom. Nearly lost my job. I have no interest in any of them so why would I? He just wanted to fuck with me. He later apologized during a staff meeting but, I still get dirty looks from time to time.

-He's fucking my wife. My wife is a counselor and as such works in the front office. I learned about this affair from a friend. He's been doing this for almost a decade. I saw the video they made, I saw the emails between them.

-Now i learn my kids may not even be mine. A man should never doubt his lineage but, here we fucking go.

I can deal with a lot of shit because, I love my job but, that's the final straw. A man has his limits. I don't know but, even Prison seems like a better place then knowing he exists. Once word gets out then I'm clearly fucked. My students will never let me live it down. Honestly the thought of him fucking my wife, that fat piece of human refuse makes me want to gag. I can't even look at her anymore. I'm really tempted to kill him. Will I? Most likely not but, honestly wish I could.

shosta

« Reply #54919 on: November 15, 2019, 05:32:52 AM »
Imagine having an era ignore list and participating on the Bire era thread. What’s the point?

:idont
the staggering fucking ignorance, condescension, and privilege of this post, holy shit.  are you fucking serious? I'm livid at this garbage you just spewed in my direction. Never talk to me again. Do not reply to this post. Go and reflect on this hateful shit you just said to me. So you know not to bother, you're on my ignore list now
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #54920 on: November 15, 2019, 05:35:59 AM »
God, if only he just said the n-word...
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54921 on: November 15, 2019, 05:49:57 AM »
God, if only he just said the n-word...
enzom found behind a 7/11, rocking back and forth in tattered, shit covered clothes muttering to himself 'call me a nibbler, I know you want to'

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54922 on: November 15, 2019, 06:24:41 AM »
Quote from: Nora
It sucks ass and the worst part is I'm afraid I'll get banned for even talking about it. That's the environment for us that's been created here.

This one is extra :delicious when it has been consistently downplayed whenever brought up in any other context.
ὕβρις

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #54923 on: November 15, 2019, 06:28:49 AM »
he really must love helping young lads "get into shape" to stick around.

benjipwns

« Reply #54924 on: November 15, 2019, 06:50:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/south-park-mocks-trans-athlete-with-a-transphobic-episode.153068/post-26485318
Transphobes have pushed the idea that trans women are actually men pretending to be women to get into female spaces for forever now, South Park acting like that's an actual thing that happens is incredibly harmful.

Also you don't need to be at any stage of transitioning, medically or otherwise, to be considered trans.
It also critiques those who don’t wish to have a conversation about what does it take for someone to be considered trans; does just stating that you are count or do you have to be “so far along transitioning”.
this conversation isn't for cis people to have and certainly isn't for two cis men to critique. even if this episode was successful at what it was aiming to do it would still be transphobic and shit
Quote from: Messofanego
When regular news media does stories on trans athletes and is supportive, it makes you think why is South Park even needed
What is this episode accomplishing? It's not supportive of trans folk and whether or not it was the intention transphobes are going to see this and feel like the creators are agreeing with them and use it as a bludgeon against trans individuals.
Quote from: Just_a_Mouse
This, and every other time they have attacked trans people on this trash show. When the attacks have been going on for as long and frequent as they have, it becomes obvious that this is no joke or "taking the piss". The feelings of hate and contempt are being broadcast loud and clear from Stone and Parker, and in this thread those same feelings are being reciprocated by their audience.
Oh.

Are trans topics just going to be the honeypots of Era from now on?

Jeez
now?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-trans-awareness-week-nov-13th-19th.153146/post-26485502
I'm sorry. :(

It's hard not to feel helpless to waking up to such a great thread being locked and a valuable member still banned.
Yeah I've seen that. It was very sad to witness. I don't post much on here, because I prefer reading, but wanted to say that the trans community is a big part of why I find this forum great. It's awesome to have a place where people can come to and share their experiences and tell their stories, but I too have noticed how more and more people on here try to ridicule people's identities and speak on their behalves. I really hope it does get better, because if the trans community was to abandon this place at large, it would lose an important voice, one that I really appreciate and it would lead to me abandoning my account as well. Diversity and being able to hear voices that are otherwise mostly unheard and being able to engage with them is the reason I come here over any other forum on the Internet. Stay strong!
Trans rights are human rights

Just wish we were saying this on a forum that practiced what it preached

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #54926 on: November 15, 2019, 07:02:27 AM »
Classic era poster behaviour to go "things are terrible here" and then keep on posting. It takes all of 2 minutes to set up a discord or an invite only subreddit. They don't have to post under ceriums axis of transphobia if they don't want to.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

« Reply #54927 on: November 15, 2019, 07:02:33 AM »
You can count me in as one of those people. I used to do it more often on the gaming side, but I got so tired of the same garbage arguments about representation popping up again and again. Off-topic might be even worse. It's exhausting.
worse than Gaming side which is full of Nazis?!?!?

benjipwns

« Reply #54928 on: November 15, 2019, 07:04:59 AM »
Classic era poster behaviour to go "things are terrible here" and then keep on posting. It takes all of 2 minutes to set up a discord or an invite only subreddit. They don't have to post under ceriums axis of transphobia if they don't want to.
It means that they are supposed to sit down and listen and do what the posters demand. It shouldn't be marginalized people's job to have to create their own safe spaces.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54929 on: November 15, 2019, 07:08:29 AM »
It means that they are supposed to sit down and listen and do what the posters demand. It shouldn't be marginalized people's job to have to create their own safe spaces.

Propagandhim

« Reply #54930 on: November 15, 2019, 07:13:40 AM »
ya'll ain't slick, trying to distract with cisproblems* while trans posters are afraid of being banned just for being trans after months and months of ResetERA.com's sustained war on minorities aided and abetted by the Staff

*like this one:
It's me again. I sent an confession earlier on about my whore wife cheating on me. Let's talk about my douchebag boss aka the Principal of the High School i work at. I'm a Physical Education Teacher at our local High School. I have been for 12 years running now. For the most part I love my job and love helping my students get into shape. What I fucking hate is my asshole Boss, the Principal. I've hated this douchebag since the time I met him. The first thing he did was squeeze my hand and slap my back real hard. See he's a passive aggressive shithead. He pretends he's nice and friendly but, fucks you behind your back:

-He continually sabotages my class by forcing us to "stay indoors and learn". Our class is Physical and about teaching teens to get into shape. Their is zero need to be indoors.

-1ups me on everything I do. My wife and I bought a new house. He just bought a nice condo in Orange Beach and a new car. Then demeans me and tries to make me look bad.

-Demeans and insults me infront of my students. No privacy here. He calls me a useless idiot and a waste of payroll in front of my class.

-Anytime I send a kid to him for being unruly he reverses the punishment and instead says I'm not very good at controlling my class. Well, geez kinda hard too control when my students don't respect me and know they'll even be rewarded for acting up.

-I'm forced to work summer months and weekends. Everyone else cept a few get off. I have no choice. I don't teach P.E. during summer and I'm forced to teach whatever class needs help.

-Constantly talks shit about me behind my back and spreads horrible rumors about me to the students.

-Hired a second P.E. Teacher to act as Coach. I'm P.E. Teacher in name only now. Basically I'm a glorified sub. Reason: I clearly wasn't doing a good job as Football Coach seeing as how our team lost and for keeping failing star players off the team.

-Forces me to eat lunch by myself in the P.E. Office. I'm not allowed in the staff breakroom. He says "Why do you want to eat out here when you have an office?" News flash dingus my office doesn't have A.C. it's just a makeshift toolshed with a laptop and some first aid stuff.

-During our X-mas party invited all the staff to his home for the party. I was the only one in left at School. He didn't invite me.

-consistently tells my students I do not give a damn about their future and am only here to make money

-Told one of the female P.E. Teachers I was spying on the girls in the lockerroom. Nearly lost my job. I have no interest in any of them so why would I? He just wanted to fuck with me. He later apologized during a staff meeting but, I still get dirty looks from time to time.

-He's fucking my wife. My wife is a counselor and as such works in the front office. I learned about this affair from a friend. He's been doing this for almost a decade. I saw the video they made, I saw the emails between them.

-Now i learn my kids may not even be mine. A man should never doubt his lineage but, here we fucking go.

I can deal with a lot of shit because, I love my job but, that's the final straw. A man has his limits. I don't know but, even Prison seems like a better place then knowing he exists. Once word gets out then I'm clearly fucked. My students will never let me live it down. Honestly the thought of him fucking my wife, that fat piece of human refuse makes me want to gag. I can't even look at her anymore. I'm really tempted to kill him. Will I? Most likely not but, honestly wish I could.

I was in the market for a new doormat.  Gonna stop by Cuck High and go for a little shopping. 

benjipwns

« Reply #54931 on: November 15, 2019, 07:16:26 AM »
no, echo park

benjipwns

« Reply #54932 on: November 15, 2019, 07:22:35 AM »
Quote from: Just_a_Mouse
The most exhausting part about this thread is that there are actually this many cis men on ERA that think they should be the ones to decide what trans people should be offended by. There's nothing progressive about this forum.

benjipwns

« Reply #54933 on: November 15, 2019, 07:23:30 AM »
If it’s a “minefield” and an episode needs this much pointing out then maybe, just fucking maybe, you don’t do the god damn “joke”. Especially in an age when the wrong people will latch onto any piece of media to help their narrative

benjipwns

« Reply #54935 on: November 15, 2019, 07:29:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-selling-author-sarah-dessen-sends-twitter-followers-after-a-minority-college-student-for-not-liking-her-books.153245/
White fragility at its finest. Shit like this really gets on my nerves so it's hard for me to write a well thought out response to this.
Quote from: Slayven
The privilege

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #54936 on: November 15, 2019, 07:36:55 AM »

As irritating as PC ERA could be, at least they decided to partially fuck off and make metacouncil. Trans ERA could do something like that. But apparently they also identify with being giant Dads.

benjipwns

« Reply #54937 on: November 15, 2019, 07:37:04 AM »
Why is everyone involved in a controversy and supported by era ALWAYS on suicide watch. It’s uncanny.
It's the ultimate non-falsifiable trump joker ace card in the progressive stack. Or was, now nobody actually takes it seriously until someone actually does it and then it's time to immediately blame your opponents for it.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54938 on: November 15, 2019, 07:37:33 AM »

GOAT <3 :fbm

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #54939 on: November 15, 2019, 07:40:40 AM »
Why is everyone involved in a controversy and supported by era ALWAYS on suicide watch. It’s uncanny.
It's the ultimate non-falsifiable trump joker ace card in the progressive stack. Or was, now nobody actually takes it seriously until someone actually does it and then it's time to immediately blame your opponents for it.

I thought it was more because the ‘harm’ caused in many of these cases are people’s feelings and self image. And to get a more extreme response, they elevate it to threat of physical harm.

benjipwns

« Reply #54940 on: November 15, 2019, 07:44:07 AM »
they kept telling them they were getting way too into the song for this video

BisMarckie

« Reply #54941 on: November 15, 2019, 07:45:13 AM »
Let‘s say that I wouldn‘t be shocked if marrec‘s permaban gets lifted in the near future to put these trans posters „in their place“.
A source close to the Cerium administration told me that.

benjipwns

« Reply #54942 on: November 15, 2019, 07:58:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-trump-hikes-price-tag-for-us-forces-in-korea-almost-500-as-seoul-questions-alliance.153198/
He is literally sabotaging the country in broad daylight...
This is another one straight from Putin. The US will be out of allies by the time Trump is out of office. Republicans should never be allowed to live this down.
What a piece of shit. Fucking die already.
Quote from: Kitsunelaine
So when do you all start calling him the traitor that he is?
Leave Korea and China or Russia will take your place while laughing.
Yes. That's what Trump wants.
It's what the white racists that voted for him wanted.
It works like how Putin tells him its going to work.
Trump only thinks in transactional terms and can't see how these military outposts are a core part of the US' global strength.
All roads lead to Putin. It's scorched earth for US allies.
let me guess he got a call from a certain dictator and trump then asked for this. countries need to start calling trumps bluffs more.
Seems like something Putin would want. Odd.
Somewhere in Russia, Putin is laughing.
Trump wishes to start his own little axis of evil, Russia, Saudi, and Turkey
This does us harm and gives Putin more power. Holy fucking shit.

Republicans are traitors, letting this orange Twittler ruin our alliances. And for what?
This is a betrayal to the country that should never be forgiven or forgotten.
Everyone knows Trump is beyond compromised and also comprehensively unfit for office. This decision will be a result of knowing nothing about anything, neither caring to or being able to, and very likely doing Putin's bidding. The important thing to take away from this is that the GOP are the ones responsible because they can remove Trump anytime they want, and could have years ago; he's been the same all this time. They choose this every day, to put their own party's interests above their country and the whole world. Never trust the GOP with anything because this is what they will do. This treason needs to be nailed to their party for all time.
You're fooling yourself if you think the rest of the world can fall to authoritarians and oligarchs and that we'll be fine. We'll get squeezed like crazy on trade.
Trump's Presidency will go down in history as one of the single greatest acts of political espionage by a global power ever seen. Putin is a massive piece of shit but credit where it is due, he has played the Game of Thrones very well here.
Republicans should be tossed in the concentration camps
OK.

Let's say the US brings all the troops home. What happens next?

Kim attacks SK. Global markets crash.

China invades Taiwan. Global markets crash.

Iran attacks Israel. Oil prices soar. Global markets crash.

Putin invades... everything nearby, creating a new superpower. Global markets crash.

You get the idea. USA #1?
There's a whole lot that can be adjusted in terms of global policy but sticking our heads in the sand isn't an option.
It's a mistake if you believe that if the US pulls back from being world police then everyone else will do the same. No, someone else will flex their muscles to fill that vacuum. And the likely candidates (Russia and China) are a lot worse than the US, and the establishment of their own hegemony over the world will hurt the US badly.
The consequence to that is the US is staving off something much worse if any other power was to impose their will in those regions. Look at what China and Russia is internally. No free speech and both have basically fascist dictators as heads of states who dosnt want to give up their power.
These foreign policy decisions are so god damn damaging.

Dude should have been impeached and removed for the Syria pullout alone.
Why hello orders from Putin.
:jeb politics stops at the waters edge again, bipartisan agreement on world police :jeb

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #54943 on: November 15, 2019, 08:00:34 AM »

*like this one:

DO IT taco. So I can then read about it in the school shooting thread. Be a man. </Edgy>

Told one of the female P.E. Teachers I was spying on the girls in the lockerroom. Nearly lost my job. I have no interest in any of them so why would I?

I'm sorry... What? He doesn't spy on the girls in their locker room specifically because there isn't one that interests him?

Philip is a James alt: Confirmed.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 08:12:04 AM by thisismyusername »

benjipwns

« Reply #54944 on: November 15, 2019, 08:15:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/south-park-mocks-trans-athlete-with-a-transphobic-episode.153068/post-26487106
Wow, love that this thread is still open while the "Responding to trans topics" thread got locked.
This thread is one of the best examples of why the majority of the time I feel too uncomfortable to post in any threads, especially threads concerning LGBT issues. Cishet men will try to shut down any criticism until it gets to a point where LGBT (but especially trans) members don't feel safe enough to post/argue any longer. Or, in my case, you don't have the courage/willpower to engage with them in the first place. Of course it's not surprising when the majority of this site is cishet men, but trans people should at least feel fucking comfortable around here & in threads concerning trans issues. The very important trans thread getting locked at the same time as this is happening doesn't help much either.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-trans-awareness-week-nov-13th-19th.153146/post-26487008
Hopefully Ketkat gets unbanned. Mods need to do better for all of you. ❤
I think you mean Mod Awareness Week, where they feel they need to shut up people in trans threads and defend their shitty decisions.
I don't even bother participating in all the trans threads that pop up here, it's too exhausting they are always a fucking trainwreck, heck there was one I remember reading not too long ago where one person was clearly antagonising trans members here and when they were told to fuck off with their shit views the trans members were the ones(initially) who got banned. What sort of message does that send?

Seeing a prominent member of the community banned is really, really sad to see, I really do hope that things do get better sometime soon but honestly I'm not optimistic.

benjipwns

« Reply #54945 on: November 15, 2019, 08:17:28 AM »

jorma

« Reply #54946 on: November 15, 2019, 08:20:32 AM »

As irritating as PC ERA could be, at least they decided to partially fuck off and make metacouncil. Trans ERA could do something like that. But apparently they also identify with being giant Dads.

yeah, they would have at least one week of bliss before the infighting started in earnest and they started to purge half of the trans posters for "internalised transphobia".

but i don't think they'd ever do that. if your wokeness is performative and no one is there to see it, did you really perform at all?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54947 on: November 15, 2019, 08:25:52 AM »
It's transparently more about getting their way than making it by their own elsewhere.
:yeshrug
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #54948 on: November 15, 2019, 08:26:02 AM »
yeah, they would have at least one week of bliss before the infighting started in earnest and they started to purge half of the trans posters for "internalised transphobia".
You make the mistake of thinking they'd have registration open to anyone.

jorma

« Reply #54949 on: November 15, 2019, 08:28:23 AM »
You make the mistake of thinking they'd have registration open to anyone.

i did not for a second think that!  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #54950 on: November 15, 2019, 08:51:37 AM »
Are they using ketkats avatar as solidarity?

awesome

benjipwns

« Reply #54951 on: November 15, 2019, 08:57:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/switch-emulator-yuzu-has-pokemon-sword-shield-running-day-1.153225/post-26483677
I honestly think the staff of this website/forum have a duty to not allow any talk of current gen emulators.

You all know what this creates.

There are devs on this board and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate the 'hey, download our game for free for your PC' announcements.
User Banned (1 Week): Doubling down on equating emulation with piracy, hostility and baseless accusations against staff

Mods...

Go ahead and ban me.

You honestly think you have a respected site and can welcome developers on this board when you advocate piracy?

And to say emulation does not advertise piracy is extremely narrow minded and quite frankly shows you do it yourself.

How dare you send me a message and warning to stop taking about this. It will take one, maybe two big names in the industry to call you out and you'll quickly change your tune.

Any Devs reading, you know that probably 90% of those viewing this thread had NO idea Switch emulation existed and probably all them went straight to Google to search for Switch Roms.

Fucking bunch of pirates.

benjipwns

« Reply #54952 on: November 15, 2019, 09:03:36 AM »
More like CDProjektRED.

10centtacos

« Reply #54953 on: November 15, 2019, 09:05:04 AM »

SmokyDave

« Reply #54954 on: November 15, 2019, 09:11:26 AM »
Well, I've listened to trans voices, I've listened to minority voices, and now I feel vindicated in my choice to never open a resetera account. It is indisputably a racist, sexist, transphobic shithole that threatens the safety and wellbeing of anyone that isn't a cishet male.

Stay safe out there, not everywhere can be as accepting and understanding as The Bore.

Tiops

« Reply #54955 on: November 15, 2019, 09:16:33 AM »
Oh, nice seeing Ketkat banned for a very valid reason, while also seeing Era's mod team trying to justify it to the bunch of unreasonable fucks they have enpowered over the past few years. It's just too beautiful. Who could have predicted something like that happening, uh?

benjipwns

« Reply #54956 on: November 15, 2019, 09:17:07 AM »
They're all posting "trans rights are human rights" but I can't find an explanation for what this is supposed to actually mean? Like literally the first three pages of Google results are all things to buy with the slogan on it and/or groups to donate to who have posted the slogan.

Is it deliberately supposed to be completely vague? I'm starting to notice a trend if so.

benjipwns

« Reply #54957 on: November 15, 2019, 09:19:24 AM »
two week bans incoming:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nfl-myles-garrett-hit-mason-rudolph-over-the-head-with-his-own-helmet.153254/post-26488215
Quote from: Dierce
If the white guy is MAGA then fuck him. No sympathy from me.
Quote from: Shugga
amen
Quote from: Shugga
you know what they say about good nazis?

it'd be a bad look for the mods to suddenly go back on their strict rule enforcement after all

benjipwns

SmokyDave

« Reply #54959 on: November 15, 2019, 09:22:18 AM »
Is it deliberately supposed to be completely vague? I'm starting to notice a trend if so.
It's there to contrast with 'trans women are women' so that nobody can ever take the 'correct' position on anything.

(For clarity, I have no issue at all with the trans community outside of Era. On Era though, they're whinging obnoxious shits)