Author Topic: Google Stadia: Electric Snoopaloo Sayga Bleemcast 2  (Read 82982 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Google Stadia: Electric Snoopaloo Sayga Bleemcast 2
« Reply #720 on: February 01, 2021, 03:01:14 PM »
What

Tasty

« Reply #721 on: February 01, 2021, 03:14:07 PM »
Great sign.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #722 on: February 01, 2021, 03:17:46 PM »
Its already dead Jim
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #723 on: February 01, 2021, 03:22:46 PM »
Licensing Stadia tech to other platform holders seems like the better route for Google to take but the question is if anyone is interested.

If Jade stays in the industry she might return to Ubisoft (it's a mess right now), get enlisted to salvage Square Enix' Eidos assets or move to Microsoft.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #724 on: February 01, 2021, 03:29:32 PM »
https://kotaku.com/google-stadia-shuts-down-internal-studios-changing-bus-1846146761

The service’s best moments may have been when its third-party ports showed off the strength of the cloud gaming model, in which a game can run well on just about any device with a screen and a strong internet connection. Ubisoft games such as Assassin’s Creed Odyssey ran well on Stadia. Destiny 2's Stadia support let players of that game drop in for an extra match or quest from their phone or laptop when they were far from their regular gaming gear. When Cyberpunk 2077 was faltering on everything else in December, it was running quite well on Stadia.

They're not wrong. If Phil is trying to turn Stadia into the "Unreal Engine of cloud gaming" (scare quotes added by me), he'll likely be much more successful at doing that than trying to make "a traditional console like PS5, but, like, in the cloud."

This shatters my confidence in Stadia as an ongoing consumer platform (especially that Stadio Pro sub, and possibly even the hardware/controllers too.)

Tasty

« Reply #725 on: February 01, 2021, 03:31:58 PM »
I was on a break here when Stadia was announced, so I can't quote myself from here, but this is what I said at the time:

There’s some good names behind this, and Google forming an actual first-party studio is a great sign of commitment.

Welp. :doge :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #726 on: February 01, 2021, 03:32:19 PM »
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #727 on: February 01, 2021, 03:38:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1196882069160251392

Good guy Google funding the arts and media preservation efforts :heart

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #728 on: February 01, 2021, 04:04:13 PM »
I imagine that at Google there's always some mid-level exec who has been there for decades looking at how excited the new hires are for Wave, Nest, Google+, Google Business Suite, Google Stadia when they arrive knowing how it will end :hitler
🤴

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #729 on: February 01, 2021, 04:27:46 PM »
plus was much more functional and interesting than linkedin for me. all the devs and nerd types i knew were on there. wish they stuck with it.
◕‿◕

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #730 on: February 01, 2021, 04:40:15 PM »
So their streaming tech runs on some fork of Linux, right? Does it perform a lot better than the competition or does it offer anything appealing to any of the big game publishers or Nintendo/Sony? At best, I could see the patents being bought for pennies on the dollar but why would anyone want to use it the way Google built it?

I feel like there's no engineers at the helm at Google. Just about any software peeps would point out that video games are a complicated product that takes years to build, not even including the R&D and experimentation stuff that goes into new franchises. And then it takes several more years to build a userbase that trusts a particular development team as it's normally a nightmare of micromanagement to get a game finished and out the door. It's very common now for games to get released in a really unoptimized state or even have gameplay systems that just don't work well in real life after all the parts of the game come together. Even a big boy like Square Enix can make a monumental stumble such as FF14, resulting in multiple more years of fixing and essentially remaking the game to regain the confidence of the public.

Google started two studios about a year ago and then pulled the plug. It's like they started a marathon going the wrong direction and then gave up after a hundred yards.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #731 on: February 01, 2021, 06:33:25 PM »
Ian Bogost made a good point
https://twitter.com/ibogost/status/1356339772650881027

Also Google went into games kinda late but still around the time Amazon, Apple and Microsoft(XCloud) were hedging their bets too. Ubisoft, EA, Bethesda and others were also trying to launch their own 'platforms'.
2 years later and the landscape has changed. EA has given up their rivalry with Steam. Apple's latest attempt went nowhere and Microsoft scooped up Bethesda and a bunch of other studios.
Meanwhile a bunch of expected big 'certain' hits like The Avengers were a bust and everyone played Fall Guys instead, showing the video game market is still as unpredictable as ever.

There's also quite a shortage of experienced developers considering how large the average AAA+ team has to be to produce a game. Just look at how long it took Nintendo to fill in senior roles for Metroid Prime 4. Perhaps it was just not possible for Google to move fast enough with their project in this highly competitive environment. And if seasoned studios like EA, Ubisoft, CDPR etc. run into all sorts of COVID related production issues it'll probably be even more difficult for a new team. All things considered, whatever they were cooking would've probably taken at least 2 - 3 years if not longer to come to market at which point it didn't make sense anymore. Like I said in the other thread, the market seems set in stone for next 3 years with Microsoft willing to bleed in third place until they can turn GamePass into the Netflix of gaming in an attempt to leapfrog Sony.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #732 on: February 01, 2021, 06:44:44 PM »
Prediction:  Stadia is going to buy some timed exclusivity for a big game in the next year.   Or at least attempt to.. whether anyone will sell is another story lol
Square Enix already made some exclusive FF15 minigames which were a joke so probably them.  :doge
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #733 on: February 02, 2021, 01:27:54 AM »
Ian Bogost made a good point
https://twitter.com/ibogost/status/1356339772650881027
Implying Bezos wouldn't want a free ticket to E3, to get himself a Cyberpunk jacket.  :neogaf

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #734 on: February 02, 2021, 02:35:59 AM »
I imagine that at Google there's always some mid-level exec who has been there for decades looking at how excited the new hires are for Wave, Nest, Google+, Google Business Suite, Google Stadia when they arrive knowing how it will end :hitler

His name is Sergei.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #735 on: February 02, 2021, 02:39:39 AM »
Prediction:  Stadia is going to buy some timed exclusivity for a big game in the next year.   Or at least attempt to.. whether anyone will sell is another story lol
Square Enix already made some exclusive FF15 minigames which were a joke so probably them.  :doge
That should be a good bet, but it's not.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #736 on: February 02, 2021, 04:35:22 AM »
So their streaming tech runs on some fork of Linux, right? Does it perform a lot better than the competition or does it offer anything appealing to any of the big game publishers or Nintendo/Sony? At best, I could see the patents being bought for pennies on the dollar but why would anyone want to use it the way Google built it?

It's not to much the software - like riotous said - which they are going to use in the future anyway, because video compression and speed and quality improvements have a direct use in one of their biggest and best supported products.

Its the hardware infrastructure capable of providing low latency minimal hops to a server planetwide.
It's pretty much only Google, Amazon and MS that can offer this, and Amazon went the fund a bunch of studios for downloadable thin client titles a la LOL / WOW, and MS seemingly are playing a shell game with investors to hide all the money they spent being a distant third in a two horse race last gen by repurposing their millions of unsold Xbox Ones into servers.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #737 on: February 02, 2021, 10:12:17 AM »
Many people have lost millions of dollars to figure this out:

— The people who want to play console-style games have consoles / PCs
— Letting Grandma stream Tomb Raider does not mean Grandma is going to stream Tomb Raider
— Absolutely nobody gives a shit about if a game is rendered locally or on the surface of the moon

Also for a bonus of $100,000,000:
— Please describe to me a game that would only work on a streaming service and couldn’t be faked through traditional infrastructure

Tasty

« Reply #738 on: February 02, 2021, 11:35:06 AM »
If Stadia was literally Netflix but with games instead of films and shows, it'd be far more successful right now.

But the large amount of "older" games that would likely make up most of the content of such a service aren't "flashy and splashy" enough, probably.

The proper thing would have been to wait until all the core features are ready for launch, with at least one big internal AAA launch game from SG&E. Even though that would have meant waiting an extra 1-3 years with zero income coming in to support the service (while their competitors catch up too), the fact of the matter is that you only launch once, and launches are important for new gaming platforms.

Not saying a launch completely defines its platform, Dreamcast had a great launch, etc. And PS3 and 3DS proved you can salvage a tailspinning platform but that takes investment and time, too. But the overall attitude of "launches don't matter, we can fix it in post" from Big Tech is pretty much why every new platform has failed since the original Xbox. And by any modern metric the original Xbox was a "failure," selling barely more than the GameCube and losing MS a fuckton of money. But MS was actually in it for the long-haul, and that's always been the biggest question hanging over Stadia's head: is Google in it for the long-haul, too?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #739 on: February 02, 2021, 12:42:50 PM »
"console gamers have been screeching about cloud streaming for a decade now lol  But most who try it are surprised how well it works."

With noticible delay and artifacting issues.

Yeah it works decently. But not for anything competitive or multiplayer.
What

Tasty

« Reply #740 on: February 02, 2021, 01:19:39 PM »
Nintendo Partners with Google® to Create a New Virtual Console® In The Cloud

REDMOND, Wash. -- Nintendo and Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) have formed a global partnership to create a Nintendo-licensed version of its Virtual Console service using Google's Stadia cloud technology platform. To be called the Nintendo Cloud Console, the service will offer past games from every major Nintendo console, including the Nintendo Entertainment System®, Wii U®, and everything in between.

“Google Stadia is a global leader in cloud gaming technology, and Google's cloud platform is trusted by consumers around the world,” said Doug Bowser, President of Nintendo of America. “This new Nintendo-licensed Virtual Console service will provide significant additional gaming content for our customers.”

Using Google's cloud infrastructure, games on Nintendo Cloud Console will be rendered at an internal 4K resolution -- a significant increase from the original systems the service is designed to emulate. Details on specific games and features will be confirmed closer to the service's release.

The Nintendo Cloud Console powered by Google Stadia will be available at no cost to Nintendo Switch Online subscribers starting in June 2021.

For more information about Nintendo Switch, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:23:40 PM by Tasty »

Tasty

« Reply #741 on: February 02, 2021, 01:26:21 PM »
Simultaneous to that: "Nintendo announces serious price hike for Nintendo Switch Online, now on-par Xbox Live" :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #742 on: February 02, 2021, 02:44:21 PM »
Nintendo has already partnered with Nvidia for that on the Switch.

I think that between DLSS and Cloud Gaming and the incredible price/performance ratio they delivered for Nintendo with the Switch hardware, Nvidia will be Nintendo's technical partner for years to come.
Nintendo was close with ART-X/ATi but that ended when AMD bought them. There was talk before the Switch was announced that Nintendo would use Android but in the end they decided to create their own OS.
I don't think there's a lot collaboration going on between Nintendo and Google at the moment or interest from Nintendo to ditch Nvidia in favor of Google.

Of the big 3 Sony would be the most likely candidate to team up with Google on this in some form but why would anyone bite now when they can just wait for Stadia to bite the dust and get rid of a future competitor?
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #743 on: February 02, 2021, 02:52:53 PM »
— Please describe to me a game that would only work on a streaming service and couldn’t be faked through traditional infrastructure

In todays market, one that you can actually fucking play within less than a minute of purchasing it.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #744 on: February 02, 2021, 02:53:30 PM »
I don’t get why anyone would want to stream retro (nes/snes) games. These games run on a toaster and after a couple of seconds you’re using more bandwidth than you would have if you had just downloaded the game.

Tasty

« Reply #745 on: February 02, 2021, 03:01:18 PM »
Nintendo has already partnered with Nvidia for that on the Switch.

And they originally partnered with Nvidia on the 3DS GPU before dumping them for something else. The past doesn't dictate the future. :trumps

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #746 on: February 02, 2021, 03:01:27 PM »
I don’t get why anyone would want to stream retro (nes/snes) games. These games run on a toaster and after a couple of seconds you’re using more bandwidth than you would have if you had just downloaded the game.

Nintards love to octuple dip on NES roms at 5 bucks a piece.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #747 on: February 02, 2021, 06:23:58 PM »
This is why Nintendo released a limited run of 2 mini consoles dedicated to playing a curated selection of NES/SNES games for $90 a pop :snob
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #748 on: February 02, 2021, 06:40:18 PM »
This is why Nintendo released a limited run of 2 mini consoles dedicated to playing a curated selection of NES/SNES games for $90 a pop :snob

:wag I think they were $60 and $80.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then $200+ on eBay shortly after :lol
[close]

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #749 on: February 03, 2021, 12:57:45 PM »
Only real reason is from a businesses perspective of coding once and streaming everywhere.   

It's not rocket science to do ports, but if you want your game on mobile phones, your own devices, maybe accessible from web browsers.. it is easier. 

It's just that...customers aren't really buying into it now, and most people just want a game on one type of device.   And the more casual the gamer, the less they care about it looking all that nice.. and processors that can render pretty badass looking games on devices with decent battery life are just going to get cheaper and cheaper.  But everyone is going to give a shit about their games crapping out because their mom is microwaving some tendies. 

It's such a bizarre series of catch 22s to me.   It makes the most sense for multiplayer games already tied to networks.  They have some interesting advantages because everyone can be on a LAN basically; your control interface is then what has latency spikes or disadvantages..would kind of bring us back to the early days of internet gaming where you could murder everyone if you were on a good connection.  Modern games since around Counterstrike coming out actually balance it to where sometimes people with the shitty internet actually have an advantage.

They could just build a cross platform emulator and sell rom access through it like what Sega does for genesis games. I never got why Nintendo/Sony didn’t make an effort to recruit people from the open source community to build emulators for them, instead we get nothing like with ps1-ps3 backwards compatibility or a subpar emulator that gets outclassed by any open source emulator like Nintendo’s stuff.

I’m not the target customer though since most of my gaming is on pc or hacked handhelds so what do I know.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #750 on: February 03, 2021, 03:54:10 PM »

:rejoice :rejoice

https://www.windowscentral.com/inside-crackdown-3s-azure-cloud-powered-destruction

Crackdown 3 targets a February 15, 2019 launch date, complete with separate campaign and multiplayer competitive modes. The multiplayer modes, dubbed "Wrecking Zone," take place in a virtual arena dotted with gigantic explosive-filled skyscrapers, huge twisting sci-fi walkways, and electrified pitfalls. Notably, every chunk of these arenas can be destroyed by players, offloading physics computations to Microsoft's Azure cloud.

Leveraging Azure, multiplayer matches in Crackdown 3 utilize massive amounts of additional processing power beyond your base Xbox or PC, bringing persistent, dynamic physics-based destruction across sizeable urban-industrial-style maps. Last week, we talked to Microsoft about how it all works, and the implications it could have for the future of gaming.

Collectively, a lot of people working on the vision for the game at that time had made this bet — something that's always been true of Crackdown: you're this badass guy or woman, this character who can just light shit up. 'What if we actually made that real? What if we made a space where everything you shot at was destructible?' We knew we couldn't do that online if we limited ourselves to just the console client that you have in your living room. [But] what if we did physics in the cloud?

:ohhh :aah :whoo :lucas :mouf

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-crackdown-3-wrecking-zone-what-happened-to-the-power-of-the-cloud

What happened to the power of the cloud? Crackdown 3 finally launched last week, its Wrecking Zone multiplayer mode presenting the final iteration of an astonishing cloud-driven physics showcase first revealed by Microsoft in 2015. Perhaps inevitably, the final game only bears a passing resemblance to that initial demo, and while Wrecking Crew itself is rich in potential, the actual game is rather lacklustre.

Technologically, the cutbacks are legion. Micro-scale chip damage is completely absent, while destruction generally is far less granular, with buildings and statues breaking apart into more simplistic polygonal chunks. It's interesting to stack up Wrecking Zone with Red Faction Guerrilla Remastered - a game we sorely regret not covering at the time of its launch. Originally a last-gen Xbox 360 title, it does many of the same things as Wrecking Zone - on a smaller scale definitely, but with more granularity and detail. And this raises the question of whether the cloud would actually be necessary at all for Wrecking Zone.

:beli :shaq2 :huh
Uncle

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #751 on: February 03, 2021, 04:29:46 PM »

:rejoice :rejoice

https://www.windowscentral.com/inside-crackdown-3s-azure-cloud-powered-destruction

Crackdown 3 targets a February 15, 2019 launch date, complete with separate campaign and multiplayer competitive modes. The multiplayer modes, dubbed "Wrecking Zone," take place in a virtual arena dotted with gigantic explosive-filled skyscrapers, huge twisting sci-fi walkways, and electrified pitfalls. Notably, every chunk of these arenas can be destroyed by players, offloading physics computations to Microsoft's Azure cloud.

Leveraging Azure, multiplayer matches in Crackdown 3 utilize massive amounts of additional processing power beyond your base Xbox or PC, bringing persistent, dynamic physics-based destruction across sizeable urban-industrial-style maps. Last week, we talked to Microsoft about how it all works, and the implications it could have for the future of gaming.

Collectively, a lot of people working on the vision for the game at that time had made this bet — something that's always been true of Crackdown: you're this badass guy or woman, this character who can just light shit up. 'What if we actually made that real? What if we made a space where everything you shot at was destructible?' We knew we couldn't do that online if we limited ourselves to just the console client that you have in your living room. [But] what if we did physics in the cloud?

:ohhh :aah :whoo :lucas :mouf

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-crackdown-3-wrecking-zone-what-happened-to-the-power-of-the-cloud

What happened to the power of the cloud? Crackdown 3 finally launched last week, its Wrecking Zone multiplayer mode presenting the final iteration of an astonishing cloud-driven physics showcase first revealed by Microsoft in 2015. Perhaps inevitably, the final game only bears a passing resemblance to that initial demo, and while Wrecking Crew itself is rich in potential, the actual game is rather lacklustre.

Technologically, the cutbacks are legion. Micro-scale chip damage is completely absent, while destruction generally is far less granular, with buildings and statues breaking apart into more simplistic polygonal chunks. It's interesting to stack up Wrecking Zone with Red Faction Guerrilla Remastered - a game we sorely regret not covering at the time of its launch. Originally a last-gen Xbox 360 title, it does many of the same things as Wrecking Zone - on a smaller scale definitely, but with more granularity and detail. And this raises the question of whether the cloud would actually be necessary at all for Wrecking Zone.

:beli :shaq2 :huh

I dunno man, I feel like this would totally be possible rn.
What

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #752 on: February 03, 2021, 05:48:59 PM »
Theoretically, you could have a whole bunch of games that are only really going to work well on stadia (or via sheer brute force on high end gaming PCs) because theoretically you can configure your server however you want; make a game thats all heavily CPU bound physics calculations or whatever, just spec up a CPU-heavy server for players of that particular game.

Gaming machines are jack of all trade builds because thats your optimal distribution (and on the console side of things, they don't even jack of all trades it, they go for the cheapest graphics whore showcase they can that hits an arbitrary price point).
If you really wanted to make a game thats highly skewed towards one particular aspect of a computers functionality you absolutely could, its just a question of whether that would generate as much interest as a shiny graphics 'using game assets' maya render sizzle trailer.

« Reply #753 on: February 03, 2021, 07:40:30 PM »
The kind of game that would’ve worked good on streaming would’ve been cyberpunk 2077 if every single NPC had their own individual schedules and complex AI routines that would’ve crushed any modern PC much more than their graphical prowess

basically huge amounts of AI in the cloud but even that could’ve been processed in the cloud and then data fed locally on the client system (kinda like how the processing works in mmos in a more complex way)

also has anyone checked on Alucardx23???  please make sure he’s OK LOL :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #754 on: February 04, 2021, 11:35:03 AM »
let's see what the commentary in this thread was like wrt google's first party studio, a scant 2 pages ago

Uncle

Coax

« Reply #755 on: February 08, 2021, 04:36:46 AM »
Terraria dev was working on a Stadia release but Google revoked access to their entire Google account for the past three weeks and they're pissed. Great service you have there Google 👌

https://twitter.com/Demilogic/status/1358661843192012801

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #756 on: February 08, 2021, 11:50:25 AM »
Why do they keep handling everything with their shitty bots, when they fuck up more than a stoned burger flipper?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #757 on: February 08, 2021, 11:53:58 AM »
Terraria dev was working on a Stadia release but Google revoked access to their entire Google account for the past three weeks and they're pissed. Great service you have there Google 👌

https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/status/1357455108078931968
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #758 on: February 08, 2021, 12:43:00 PM »

Nightmare stories like this are why I made a Fastmail address, a new Dropbox, and scheduled monthly Google Takeout exports. Also why I turned all my "Sign in with Google/Gmail" third-party accounts into pure email ones (also a good idea for security reasons, anyways.)

Between paid subs to Fastmail, Dropbox, and Google One, I'm paying for the redundancy for sure, but you can't put a price on peace of mind IMO.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 12:47:06 PM by Tasty »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #759 on: February 08, 2021, 01:43:25 PM »
Google doesn't care about any of their customers. They rip out important features rendering services useless when it suits them. There's a pandemic going on but Google shutters Google Meet. It sucked sure, the the timing is just  :lol
Every interface feels like it was build 5 years ago by an intern (and it probably was). As a reseller of their Workspace shit all their software is completely garbage and they change their partnership programs about a dozen times a year until they revert back to the way it was. :doge

Anyhow I was told that developers were dropping Stadia and Google wanted to beat them to the punch with a 'change in direction' PR thing. The gaming inudstry is a mess right now.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #760 on: February 08, 2021, 04:52:02 PM »
Google Meet is still going...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #761 on: February 08, 2021, 04:55:50 PM »
Google Meet is still going...
Wait, it was hangouts that they're killing https://killedbygoogle.com/

So why did I receive a notification about this as a Google Apps Business GSuite Workspace reseller
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #762 on: February 08, 2021, 05:03:36 PM »
Maybe they translated Hangouts to Meet in Dutch?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #763 on: February 08, 2021, 06:31:37 PM »
supposedly they're killing hangouts by rebranding it and letting you keep using it in whatever it's new name/form is in the exact same way as before

Google says, "We will continue to support consumer use of classic Hangouts and expect to transition consumers to free Chat and Meet following the transition of GSuite customers. A more specific timeline will be communicated at a later date."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 06:37:34 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #764 on: February 08, 2021, 06:58:20 PM »
Hangouts Google Chat has mostly imported everything from classic Hangouts including messages I think. Shutdown is probably this year.

Classic Hangouts dying also means the final death of Google Talk (a 2005 release), which mostly lived on through Hangouts until now. RIP.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #765 on: February 08, 2021, 07:15:56 PM »
How many chat apps that do the exact same thing do we need anyway.
Way back in the day we had WhatsApp then everyone moved to facebook messenger for security reasons or whatever, followed by Hangouts, I skipped Telegram and now Signal seems to be thing.

I get the difference between say Slack and Discord and other apps that have different uses, but the direct messaging apps are all the same.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #766 on: February 08, 2021, 10:55:40 PM »
they're not all the same

I can't talk to smarterchild anymore  :goty2
Uncle

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #767 on: February 09, 2021, 11:10:14 AM »
People gonna keep using whatsapp tho 🤷🏼‍♂️

If I meet someone who says they only have signal well bad luck give me a call then
What

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #768 on: February 23, 2021, 06:41:53 PM »
Stadia is back baby!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #769 on: February 23, 2021, 08:34:55 PM »
(Cough)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #770 on: February 23, 2021, 09:44:34 PM »
man, that's a name i haven't heard in a long time. tbh, totally loved the pixeljunk games on ps3. would prob give this a crack with a free sub on my android tv or something.
◕‿◕

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #771 on: February 26, 2021, 02:45:54 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1365376842765651970

:crowdlaff

Stadia is going to be dead in six months.

Can Phil Harrison go to Nintendo next so they can finally go third party?

Tasty

« Reply #772 on: February 26, 2021, 02:47:44 PM »
Can Phil Harrison go to Nintendo next so they can finally go third party?

:maf

Coax

« Reply #773 on: February 27, 2021, 02:38:01 AM »
Nightmare stories like this are why I made a Fastmail address, a new Dropbox, and scheduled monthly Google Takeout exports. Also why I turned all my "Sign in with Google/Gmail" third-party accounts into pure email ones (also a good idea for security reasons, anyways.)

Terraria dev reverses decision to cancel Stadia release after merciful lord Google restored their account :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #774 on: February 27, 2021, 03:10:36 PM »
The Google cloud gaming division cancelled a multiplayer game led by a former Assassin’s Creed creative, a sequel to Journey to the Savage Planet and backed out of proposals for Hideo Kojima (Death Stranding) and Yu Suzuki (Outrun) to create exclusive games for Stadia, the sources said.
:titus

A British video game industry veteran, Harrison was a prominent face at both PlayStation and Xbox during their worst console launches — the overpriced PlayStation 3 and badly managed Xbox One. He joined Google in 2018 as vice president of Stadia.
Why the fuck hire this man  :lol
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #775 on: February 27, 2021, 05:25:24 PM »
failing upwards :doge
Hi

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~