Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1062228 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #13560 on: February 20, 2021, 11:07:39 AM »
Welp, newspapers have written extensively about the new plans and strategy of our government to open up the economy.
It all started when our failing health minister told everyone that even if recent pilots with reopening events were succesful it would not mean they would open up again.
Next, the government said that they thought it was unlikely we would have sports events with audiences this year or that any restrictions would be lifted in the near future.

The experts have told them a 3rd wave is coming, and possibly a 4th wave and a 5th wave and.... because of the mutations.
And that the chances that mass vaccination will end the pandemic this year are slim and that testing for contact tracing and/or isolating cases is next to useless.

So the plan is to use the one thing that is 'still' cheap and available to open up the economy: tests. Our government is stocking up not just on vaccines but on millions and millions of tests.
Under new legislation you would receive a permit if you test negative. That permit would allow you to enter universities, offices, restaurants, shops, theatres, events etc. for up to 48 hours.
Basically if you want to do something during the weekends you would need to get a test every week. Although they might limit the number of permits to control the size of crowds and gatherings.
They're currently talking to business and industrial leaders who will need to enforce this. If the ruling parties win the elections than the plan is to implement this between April and June.

What they haven't figured out yet is how to handle the costs. Currently if you want to take a flight you need to do a test that costs $200 out of your own pocket.
They're probably looking to make a deal with business leaders to split the costs as they desperately want and need the economy to reopen.
🤴

Coax

« Reply #13561 on: February 20, 2021, 11:32:28 AM »
So the plan is to use the one thing that is 'still' cheap and available to open up the economy: tests. Our government is stocking up not just on vaccines but on millions and millions of tests.
Under new legislation you would receive a permit if you test negative. That permit would allow you to enter universities, offices, restaurants, shops, theatres, events etc. for up to 48 hours.

Respirators used by the public still illegal there?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13563 on: February 20, 2021, 12:19:51 PM »
:rogan "You know Alex. I'm all natural and the government can't stop me from drinking my own piss man"
"I believe you Joe" :info
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13564 on: February 21, 2021, 12:12:47 PM »
Our country has collectively decided that the pandemic is over because the weather is nice :trumps

https://twitter.com/OmroepON/status/1363494222125559808

https://twitter.com/AT5/status/1363507955950305280
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13565 on: February 21, 2021, 01:34:58 PM »
That does look nice

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Corona virus megathread |OT|
« Reply #13566 on: February 21, 2021, 03:33:01 PM »
Just heard on the radio while driving that there's cases in northern Italy now.

This thing is spreading fast. Now is the time to invest in companies making those mobile incinerators  :success

A year ago today, we were worried that cases existed in China, Iran, a cruise ship, and now Italy
:O

james

Re: Corona virus megathread |OT|
« Reply #13567 on: February 21, 2021, 03:33:49 PM »
This is what normal people do

I literally can’t even bring it up in the office, even though you hear rows upon rows of people coughing their lungs out and have been doing so for a week (not even calling off and using their pto, selfish bastards).

When I bring up how I have already started preparing for the virus with stock piling n95 masks and bulk rice and other non perishable foods they look at me like I need to go to the psych ward and either laugh at me or call me fear mongering.

They refuse to look at what’s going on in the rest of the world and literally think they live in an isolated island and nothing could ever had happen to their loved ones or their community.

I understand that you still need to live you life. But at the same time being informed and being prepared is only a positive not a negative. Hell, people put spare tires in their trunks of their cars. Not because they expect a flat tire that day/week/month but because it’s smart to be prepared in case you do get a flat.

Meanwhile, I say I buy masks and buy reserved food and I’m crazy. What the hell man.
https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/f6vhxy/people_in_america_think_im_either_hilarious/

:hans1
A year ago today, a prophet emerged before the great supermarket shortages of March

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13568 on: February 22, 2021, 01:10:16 PM »
You would think that if they wanted to do the great reset they would hurry up with those shots already.
This is the worst plandemic  :pacspit
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #13569 on: February 22, 2021, 05:19:43 PM »
500,000 dead Americans.

That would be alarming if it wasn’t for the fact that it will all go away when the warm weather comes, so it’s okay  :trumps
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13570 on: February 22, 2021, 06:16:42 PM »
500,000 dead Americans.

That would be alarming if it wasn’t for the fact that it will all go away when the warm weather comes, so it’s okay  :trumps
At least the soul of the nation was saved.

In other news some high profile people like bankers and university professors had launched a campaign called "Herstel NL" or "Restore the Netherlands".
Their aim was to bring forward alternative ideas to deal with COVID mostly economically.
Now in dystopian scenes most of them posted the same message quitting the campaign after pressure from the government to suspend the campaign until after the elections.

The ruling parties are scared shitless of something and telling all the elitists to fall in line  :doge

Meanwhile newspapers are starting to write about people from the first wave who are still dealing with the effects.
Recovery is slowly and sometimes non existent. Former mlitary people, ship builders etc. 30 - 50 years old. 
Some are afraid to sleep thinking they will die.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:24:47 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #13572 on: February 23, 2021, 06:04:36 PM »
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-24/coronavirus-queensland-vaccine-overdose-aged-care-brisbane/13179280

Two elderly people in a Queensland aged care home have been given four times the amount of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine, Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt has confirmed.

An 88-year-old man and a 94-year-old woman were given the doses yesterday. 

Mr Hunt said both patients, from the Holy Spirit facility in Carseldine, were being monitored and neither had shown any signs of an adverse reaction to the doses.
Pretty sure we just created geriatric super soldiers. More to follow.
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13573 on: February 23, 2021, 06:12:52 PM »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #13574 on: February 23, 2021, 06:16:53 PM »
A place an hour away is giving vaccines to 18 and up with underlying conditions. Before the shutdown I would qualify since I had an obese BMI, but I’ve loss enough weight since then that I’m just overweight now.

:fbm

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

BIONIC

« Reply #13577 on: February 24, 2021, 01:35:31 AM »
A place an hour away is giving vaccines to 18 and up with underlying conditions. Before the shutdown I would qualify since I had an obese BMI, but I’ve loss enough weight since then that I’m just overweight now.

:fbm

Sucks for you, not fats  :biden
Margs

james

« Reply #13578 on: February 24, 2021, 02:30:49 AM »
Meanwhile Benji has gotten like 7 shots due to his mass

BIONIC

« Reply #13579 on: February 24, 2021, 02:59:58 AM »
Meanwhile Benji has gotten like 7 shots due to his mass

One for each stomach fold  :expert
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13580 on: February 24, 2021, 03:02:37 AM »
the nintex is brown psyop>benji is fat psyop

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13581 on: February 24, 2021, 12:36:51 PM »
I'm glad the plandemic masters have given us a few months longer to live with the production problem hoax
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13582 on: February 24, 2021, 05:51:18 PM »
There is a global pandemic of clowns in big pharma and big government :trumps

https://twitter.com/simondenyer/status/1364550663791861763
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #13583 on: February 25, 2021, 01:04:28 PM »
Was able to book at the Javits Center for this weekend.... gimme dat Gates microchip, I hope it's linked to my XBL account.
^_^

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #13584 on: February 25, 2021, 02:58:24 PM »
Wondering why the world smells like ass until I realized I was using my back-up mask which I keep in my back pocket.  New Normal. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13585 on: February 25, 2021, 03:33:21 PM »
Wondering why the world smells like ass until I realized I was using my back-up mask which I keep in my back pocket.  New Normal. 

:notlikethis
dog

Tuckers Law

« Reply #13586 on: February 26, 2021, 07:46:22 PM »
Got my 1st dose of Moderna vaccine this past Monday.  Arm was sore as shit for 24 hours or so, then as that began dissipating I got a shitty headache and low fever for a few hours (highest temp I recorded it hitting was 99.7).

2nd dose probably going to be a doozy  :-\

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #13587 on: February 26, 2021, 07:50:28 PM »
I asked my 85-year-old Grandma if her arm hurt after she got hers's and she said no and went on to say, unprompted, that the people complaining are babies. 

Tuckers Law

« Reply #13588 on: February 26, 2021, 08:04:15 PM »
Not a complaint, just reporting my experience.  You tell grandma I’m not afraid to slap around a senior citizen if they get too lippy.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #13589 on: February 26, 2021, 10:21:57 PM »
The 2nd shot was worse for me. My arm hurt for about three days, but I had the worst sleep the day of. High fever, headache, and general body pain. It only lasted the night though, so it wasn't that bad.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #13590 on: February 27, 2021, 12:31:58 AM »
My county just announced easing of restrictions for mask usage contrary to all fucking logic and sense. California is really all over the place with shitty hot takes lately in regards to Covid. So now masks aren’t necessary at all outside for all gatherings... Encouraging socialization indirectly with this newest easing. Are we doomed to keep making the same fucking stupid mistakes each time we get even a sliver of a break from this shit?!

The mentally challenged keep winning this war I swear. Enjoy your stupid prize mf’ers!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 12:36:51 AM by G The Resurrected »

Coax

« Reply #13591 on: February 27, 2021, 01:23:23 AM »
There is a global pandemic of clowns in big pharma and big government

Japan is unusual. In looking up stats Japan's death rate for 2020 lowered for the first time in a decade, while in late last year the monthly suicide rate was its highest in five years and at that time accounted for more deaths in one month than Covid victims for the year.

Then you look at stats for this year and by far most of the total deaths occurred in just these last months (seeing a rise beginning in December), presumably spurred by the holiday season? Idk what else changed.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13592 on: February 27, 2021, 05:56:25 AM »
while in late last year the monthly suicide rate was its highest in five years and at that time accounted for more deaths in one month than Covid victims for the year.
The high suicide rate in japan is always so weird to me. What's causing it? Crunch? Evangelion delays?
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #13593 on: February 27, 2021, 06:37:41 AM »
while in late last year the monthly suicide rate was its highest in five years and at that time accounted for more deaths in one month than Covid victims for the year.
The high suicide rate in japan is always so weird to me. What's causing it? Crunch? Evangelion delays?

Sony “neglecting” the Japanese market  :social  :expert  :teehee
Margs

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #13594 on: February 27, 2021, 07:50:27 AM »
I’m scheduled for my microchipping this coming Friday.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #13595 on: February 27, 2021, 08:41:24 AM »

I'm no expert but I'd imagine - social isolation, their work culture, heavy expectancy to fit in, stigmatization of mental health issues and a lack of mental health resources, a cultural history with committing suicide when you 'lose face' or fail your family...
^_^

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #13596 on: February 27, 2021, 11:14:42 AM »

I'm no expert but I'd imagine - social isolation, their work culture, heavy expectancy to fit in, stigmatization of mental health issues and a lack of mental health resources, a cultural history with committing suicide when you 'lose face' or fail your family...

...uh oh.
rub

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13597 on: February 27, 2021, 12:45:36 PM »
maybe they're all getting doxxed by self-righteous message board degenerates  :doge

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #13598 on: February 27, 2021, 01:17:23 PM »
maybe they're all getting doxxed by self-righteous message board degenerates  :doge

Or Taco Bell assholes

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13599 on: February 27, 2021, 01:19:23 PM »

Or Taco Bell assholes

Taco Bell Asshole is a very real condition and nothing to joke about
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13600 on: February 27, 2021, 01:29:00 PM »
 :lol

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #13601 on: February 27, 2021, 06:01:08 PM »
Got mine today, was super orderly and painless. So weird since every other time I've been to Javits it's for Comic Con which is absolute overcrowded chaos. So far feel pretty good apart from a slight sore arm.

^_^

BIONIC

Margs

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #13603 on: February 28, 2021, 12:46:38 PM »
The morning after... arm is still pretty sore but nothing too bad. I can move it around but probably would still get beat up by Madrun's grandma.
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13604 on: February 28, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »
Ugh mom has a fever for over a week. She called the doctor and she said: "It could be something else".
Dad says "Doctor says no test needed".

This is why we're in this lockdown bullshit in the first place. To test and protect vulnerable people.
Now she's not getting tested and still meeting with her day care group (other vulnerable people).
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #13605 on: February 28, 2021, 03:06:11 PM »
Ugh mom has a fever for over a week. She called the doctor and she said: "It could be something else".
Dad says "Doctor says no test needed".

This is why we're in this lockdown bullshit in the first place. To test and protect vulnerable people.
Now she's not getting tested and still meeting with her day care group (other vulnerable people).

Fucking hell. The message here is that if you're showing any symptoms, you should get tested. That includes something as simple as a runny nose.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #13607 on: March 01, 2021, 01:43:53 PM »
Enjoy your tyranny eurocucks :success
(ice)

G The Resurrected

« Reply #13608 on: March 02, 2021, 11:11:24 AM »
Yesterday I got a frantic call from my health provider asking if I could drop everything and go to one of their vaccination sites since they had a bunch of no shows. I got there gave them my info and then they asked why I was at their site. Explaining the phone call and showing them the number that called (their number) they told me they didn’t have any shots for non appointment patients. I was left confused about why I’d get called from them to come when they didn’t have it available to give. They just left it there and didn’t question why or who was fucking up that bad. I wasn’t the only one in line that had the same experience. There was around 30 of us there, we were all told the same thing and that they had over 100 appointment no shows. I got there in less than 10 minutes too.

Talk about a shit show.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13609 on: March 02, 2021, 11:17:16 AM »
Yesterday I got a frantic call from my health provider asking if I could drop everything and go to one of their vaccination sites since they had a bunch of no shows. I got there gave them my info and then they asked why I was at their site. Explaining the phone call and showing them the number that called (their number) they told me they didn’t have any shots for non appointment patients. I was left confused about why I’d get called from them to come when they didn’t have it available to give. They just left it there and didn’t question why or who was fucking up that bad. I wasn’t the only one in line that had the same experience. There was around 30 of us there, we were all told the same thing and that they had over 100 appointment no shows. I got there in less than 10 minutes too.

Talk about a shit show.
Did you say:

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
🤴

Nuitangg

« Reply #13610 on: March 02, 2021, 03:00:52 PM »
Texas is back open.  :lol

G The Resurrected

« Reply #13611 on: March 02, 2021, 03:14:35 PM »
And Texas has all the hot new variants too!

james

« Reply #13612 on: March 02, 2021, 04:12:42 PM »
Yeah but the low taxes though

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13613 on: March 02, 2021, 07:20:41 PM »
Texas would be pretty great if it weren't for all the Texans living there.
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #13615 on: March 03, 2021, 02:43:57 AM »
Texas would be pretty great if it weren't for all the Texans living there.
Kind of like Victoria
Spud

james

Re: Corona Thread |OT| We ask God Almighty to spare all humanity from all harm
« Reply #13616 on: March 03, 2021, 02:29:54 PM »
A year ago.

In the long run, the likelihood of contracting it is probably 1. The virus will most likely sweep the globe long before a vaccine is ready, which will take several more months. Some carriers have been unknowingly walking around with it for weeks, infecting many more (because for some there are no symptoms and for those who experience symptoms, the disease becomes infectious before they do).

China fucked it up when they kept quiet about it in December and instead punished the messenger.

Did my regular grocery shopping tonight. Either the supply chain has already been severely affected, or people are really starting to panic buy stuff. Apparently toilet paper is already scarce.

I grabbed a couple of extra tins of tuna and beans and an extra bag of frozen vegetables. Will grab another couple extra things next time, but I don't see the need to grab 20kg bags of rice and shit that I don't normally eat. That's just a good way to end up with stuff that you will never eat.

:drudge :drudge :drudge

NYC midtown lawyer who commutes on Metro North has had it for weeks

:drudge :drudge :drudge

Like if you live in the best prepared club

(Image removed from quote.)

Shit was really getting real.

Meanwhile, I was flying home from a weekend of bar hopping in Savannah  :kermit

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #13617 on: March 03, 2021, 02:41:08 PM »
occam :stahp
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #13618 on: March 03, 2021, 03:48:26 PM »
I stand by my statement and it turned out to be true. Food banks and charities were inundated with donations a few months into the pandemic as people realised they bought lots of shit they didn't need.
Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13619 on: March 03, 2021, 03:53:41 PM »
Remember when Wal-Mart had the police guarding the toilet paper aisle to prevent people from buying more than two packs?  :corona_mj
©@©™