Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136002 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #36300 on: January 16, 2021, 08:03:42 PM »
when I look at big tiddy vamp gf my boy's club gets filled with rhetoric
 :dsp
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #36301 on: January 16, 2021, 08:07:28 PM »
The no fun police has arrived in full force.

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
We have seen multiple posts discussing and questioning the appropriateness of these types of threads both in and out of this thread so we wanted to clarify some points.

Please be considerate of a diverse audience, as outlined in our FAQ. (link) When a thread centers around the sexualization of female characters, even if it's all in "good fun", it is particularly necessary for us to be considerate of our women posters. Of course, women are not a monolith, as seen in this very thread, but we should always be cognizant of the fact that many women deal with sexual objectification in almost every aspect of our lives. It can be tiring, uncomfortable, and upsetting to see it in a place we otherwise consider a welcoming space. Shutting down or dismissing such reactions and concerns will not be tolerated.

This thread has been kept open because most of the posts have not been explicit or demeaning and there is a discussion to be had, this goes for those who are criticizing and voicing their concerns over the character in question.

We will be monitoring this thread closely and anyone who chooses to make objectifying, dismissive and or reductive posts will be moderated accordingly.

Fucking clowns

imagine writing all this while you have "gordon ramsey can stuff me any time" as your chosen tag

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36302 on: January 16, 2021, 08:19:33 PM »
The no fun police has arrived in full force.

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
We have seen multiple posts discussing and questioning the appropriateness of these types of threads both in and out of this thread so we wanted to clarify some points.

Please be considerate of a diverse audience, as outlined in our FAQ. (link) When a thread centers around the sexualization of female characters, even if it's all in "good fun", it is particularly necessary for us to be considerate of our women posters. Of course, women are not a monolith, as seen in this very thread, but we should always be cognizant of the fact that many women deal with sexual objectification in almost every aspect of our lives. It can be tiring, uncomfortable, and upsetting to see it in a place we otherwise consider a welcoming space. Shutting down or dismissing such reactions and concerns will not be tolerated.

This thread has been kept open because most of the posts have not been explicit or demeaning and there is a discussion to be had, this goes for those who are criticizing and voicing their concerns over the character in question.

We will be monitoring this thread closely and anyone who chooses to make objectifying, dismissive and or reductive posts will be moderated accordingly.

Fucking clowns
In consideration of the diverse audience, surely they should consider thirsty virgins who don't get out much?
Spud

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #36303 on: January 16, 2021, 08:20:28 PM »
Not sure you need to be bothered by the moderator note at the bottom when there is good reasoning why objectification of a female character in such a thread might not be the most positive experience for certain users. Some people in the thread are crossing the line in this thread thinking it gives them carte blanche to objectify other tall female characters. Did you think that such a thread about objectification might also remind certain people of the "near constant, oppressive misery" that they're living through? It's not escapism for everyone.

I assume Messo is quoting his wife here.

Boredfrom

« Reply #36304 on: January 16, 2021, 08:23:07 PM »
In this thread, people don’t know what Latino actually is:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-writing-a-novel-with-a-colorful-cast-of-characters-in-race-gender-and-sexuality-what-are-some-tropes-i-should-avoid.362783

. Spain and Portugal are in Europe, hence not latinx. 

. Because everyone I've met say that I'm a latino because I have Italian and Spanish heritage

lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36305 on: January 16, 2021, 08:30:54 PM »
the paradox of modern content creation

they say to "write what you know" "tell the story you want to tell" but if you do that with no diversity you are cancelled

so instead you have to write what you don't know and tell what don't want to tell, like putting a disabled pakistani girl in your fantasy novel, and you will surely get the details wrong and be cancelled

unless you hire an inclusivity consultant  :money
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #36306 on: January 16, 2021, 08:33:50 PM »
Quote from: Viriditas
Came in to echo the oversexualization of non-hetero characters.

I'm a polyamorous pansexual and I definitely do not sexualize every person I come across nor do I need to be constantly having sexual experiences with a variety of individuals. I am also not "confused" about who I "really want" to be with -- most bi/pan tropes in media seem to lean into the idea that we must always feel conflicted in our choice of partners or feel some inevitable sense of loss if we have to commit to just one of them.

It's possible to be a sex-positive, polyamorous pansexual, while also being, say, an introverted autistic woman who isn't constantly sleeping around because (among other things) there aren't many folks I even want to voluntarily make eye contact with, let alone give them access to my emotional labor or my flesh vessel.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #36307 on: January 16, 2021, 09:24:42 PM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #36308 on: January 16, 2021, 09:42:59 PM »
  I'm a polyamorous pansexual and   

stopped reading

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #36309 on: January 16, 2021, 10:10:12 PM »
Another dozen perms on Neogaf

Will the last poster please turn off the lights
:O

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36310 on: January 16, 2021, 10:18:11 PM »

I'm a polyamorous pansexual and I definitely do not sexualize every person I come across nor do I need to be constantly having sexual experiences with a variety of individuals. I am also not "confused" about who I "really want" to be with -- most bi/pan tropes in media seem to lean into the idea that we must always feel conflicted in our choice of partners or feel some inevitable sense of loss if we have to commit to just one of them.

It's possible to be a sex-positive, polyamorous pansexual, while also being, say, an introverted autistic woman who isn't constantly sleeping around because (among other things) there aren't many folks I even want to voluntarily make eye contact with, let alone give them access to my emotional labor or my flesh vessel.
What does this even mean?

You have to be autistic to even describe yourself that way, let alone to take yourself so seriously that you complain about sexualisation of videogame characters unironically.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36311 on: January 16, 2021, 10:20:22 PM »

they say to "write what you know" "tell the story you want to tell" but if you do that with no diversity you are cancelled

so instead you have to write what you don't know and tell what don't want to tell, like putting a disabled pakistani girl in your fantasy novel, and you will surely get the details wrong and be cancelled

unless you hire an inclusivity consultant :money
The most 21st century grift there is...
Spud

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36312 on: January 16, 2021, 10:52:42 PM »

ShutUp

« Reply #36313 on: January 17, 2021, 12:05:42 AM »
"flesh vessel"

:rofl that and the rest of that word salad comes off like an aliens attempt to be human

samir

« Reply #36314 on: January 17, 2021, 12:19:17 AM »
"sex-positive polyamorous pansexual introverted autistic woman"

That goes without saying :mike

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36315 on: January 17, 2021, 12:30:06 AM »
Imagine being so fucking shallow that you allow yourself to be defined as a person by who or how you get fucked?
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36316 on: January 17, 2021, 12:32:08 AM »
if the architect from da matrix was a reeee poster  :neogaf

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #36317 on: January 17, 2021, 01:23:36 AM »
In response to people wanting more disclaimers on “problematic” content:

Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 56298355, member: 31943
I think what some people miss with Cyberpunk and Hogwarts is that it's the trans and non-binary communities on the forum pushing for those things. It's an issue that directly affects us as a community here, on the forum, so we made it known and kept that up. So instead of arguing the particulars of precedents and if x counted then surely y and z must too, campaign directly for y and z if you feel strongly about them. This meandering around what it now means for the forum is pointless because it wasn't borne from some random cherry pick by the mods. It was an issue that enough people in the community here felt affected by so it was campaigned for. Looking at it clinically or academically through the lens of 'thresholds' misses the point on how the instances themselves came about.

Kween
Margs

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #36318 on: January 17, 2021, 01:30:44 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
:nsfw

:sabu

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36319 on: January 17, 2021, 01:41:19 AM »

I think what some people miss with Cyberpunk and Hogwarts is that it's the trans and non-binary communities on the forum pushing for those things. It's an issue that directly affects us as a community here, on the forum, so we made it known and kept that up. So instead of arguing the particulars of precedents and if x counted then surely y and z must too, campaign directly for y and z if you feel strongly about them. This meandering around what it now means for the forum is pointless because it wasn't borne from some random cherry pick by the mods. It was an issue that enough people in the community here felt affected by so it was campaigned for. Looking at it clinically or academically through the lens of 'thresholds' misses the point on how the instances themselves came about.

Kween

that one motherfucker started campaigning for people to stop using the word bastard because it's offensive to people born out of wedlock and others shit on him repeatedly as he get banned and then permed for it  :doge
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36320 on: January 17, 2021, 01:43:23 AM »

Kween
This is some grade-A fucking cuntery right here.

Basically saying, "Us trans people won the disadvantage Olympics and get to decide what is and is not problematic for the rest of you. Now shut the fuck up and get back in your lane."
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #36321 on: January 17, 2021, 03:15:03 AM »
I mean, the only other community that can out bitch TransRE without getting banned is BCT.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36322 on: January 17, 2021, 04:01:07 AM »
I mean, the only other community that can out bitch TransRE without getting banned is BCT.
That's actually up for debate. I'd say transRE has them beat right now
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36323 on: January 17, 2021, 07:25:42 AM »

unless you hire an inclusivity consultant :money
The most 21st century grift there is...
SUSTAINABILITY, INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY :success

This post is 100% organic and sustainable :like

Maybe I should adjust my pricing when a PoC or a woman works on a project.  :thinking

You're not paying 20% more for an INCLUSIVE and SUSTAINABLE project? You must hate the planet you fucking racist :pacspit
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #36324 on: January 17, 2021, 07:59:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/progressives-should-faith-be-reclaimed-from-those-who-use-it-to-harm-society-and-oppress-others.362918/#post-56482103

Quote from: The Adder, post: 56482103, member: 104
The black church has done more for the good of the US than literally any other movement or organization you've supported.
Quote from: The Adder, post: 56482595, member: 104
Like, y'all do realize you don't give a shit about other people because of how educated or rational you are right? You care because you have empathy. Some folks are naturally empathetic, some folks grow up in an empathetic environment and learn it that way, some folks grow up in an environment lacking empathy and and push against being that way. Some people learn empathy in their religious communities. Sticking your fingers in your ears to loudly declare that religion is the problem and that if we just ignore it or got rid of it things would be better is just ignoring reality.

The online skeptics community is a bunch of racist, misogynist, homophobic, transphobic assholes not because they're atheists, but because they're a group lead by a bunch of unempathetic assholes who set the tone for those who follow them. White evangelicals aren't a bunch of racist, misogynist, homophobic, transphobic assholes because they're religious, but because they're a group lead by a bunch of unempathetic assholes who set the tone for those who follow them

:brain
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36325 on: January 17, 2021, 08:26:04 AM »

Kween
This is some grade-A fucking cuntery right here.

Basically saying, "Us trans people won the disadvantage Olympics and get to decide what is and is not problematic for the rest of you. Now shut the fuck up and get back in your lane."
More like: If you can't reach the bitching quorum, you're too small of a minority, stfu.  ::)
Very interesting perspective. :thinking

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #36326 on: January 17, 2021, 11:37:43 AM »
You must have X number of members before you can identify as a valid minority group. :karen

Boredfrom

« Reply #36327 on: January 17, 2021, 11:57:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/progressives-should-faith-be-reclaimed-from-those-who-use-it-to-harm-society-and-oppress-others.362918/#post-56482103

Quote from: The Adder, post: 56482103, member: 104
The black church has done more for the good of the US than literally any other movement or organization you've supported.
Quote from: The Adder, post: 56482595, member: 104
Like, y'all do realize you don't give a shit about other people because of how educated or rational you are right? You care because you have empathy. Some folks are naturally empathetic, some folks grow up in an empathetic environment and learn it that way, some folks grow up in an environment lacking empathy and and push against being that way. Some people learn empathy in their religious communities. Sticking your fingers in your ears to loudly declare that religion is the problem and that if we just ignore it or got rid of it things would be better is just ignoring reality.

The online skeptics community is a bunch of racist, misogynist, homophobic, transphobic assholes not because they're atheists, but because they're a group lead by a bunch of unempathetic assholes who set the tone for those who follow them. White evangelicals aren't a bunch of racist, misogynist, homophobic, transphobic assholes because they're religious, but because they're a group lead by a bunch of unempathetic assholes who set the tone for those who follow them

:brain

I mean, there is already a religious fervor in the US progressive movement without the need of organized religion.

benjipwns

« Reply #36328 on: January 17, 2021, 12:01:26 PM »
It's called the Social Gospel.

Clockwork5

« Reply #36329 on: January 17, 2021, 12:09:37 PM »

Kween
Having principles misses the point of mob rule.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36330 on: January 17, 2021, 01:00:57 PM »
CDPR absolutely wrecks Jason 'Bloomberg' Schreier  :whew
https://twitter.com/AdamBadowski/status/1350532507469553668
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36331 on: January 17, 2021, 02:14:16 PM »
that thing on forums where you quote one sentence the other guy posted and post a long "nuh uh" under it and repeat it a dozen times
Uncle

« Reply #36332 on: January 17, 2021, 02:21:13 PM »
I like how Kyuuji is using a weird pseudo-tyranny of the majority mindset while somehow tying it to minority groups.  If you're not a visible group with a certain amount of members, fuck you I guess.  Even if your feelings about something are genuine.  That's basically every non-LGBT, black or east Asian minority there.  Also male abuse victims being offended by sexualized men threads. 

jorma

« Reply #36333 on: January 17, 2021, 02:32:21 PM »
I can very well believe that the polish are so rude they actually speak polish with each other.
It pretty much sums up everything I've heard about them actually.

:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #36334 on: January 17, 2021, 02:40:36 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #36335 on: January 17, 2021, 02:43:20 PM »
I can very well believe that the polish are so rude they actually speak polish with each other.

thats some american-ass complaint, to go to another country and have people speak their own language in front of you, HOW DARE THEY

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36337 on: January 17, 2021, 02:47:07 PM »

Oh no, people speaking something other than the Queen's language when someone is nearby!
If you want to eavesdrop on people conversations, learn the language of the country you live in.

jorma

« Reply #36338 on: January 17, 2021, 03:08:59 PM »

thats some american-ass complaint, to go to another country and have people speak their own language in front of you, HOW DARE THEY

honestly i think that has more to do with special people working in the gaming industry because we had plenty of "english only" speakers at our company and i won't believe for a second that any of them would ever whine about something like that.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

jorma

« Reply #36340 on: January 17, 2021, 03:12:07 PM »
i bet chrono was always in the boss office snitching his coworkers out "they have brought shame upon themselves by speaking japanese in front of me instead of english, this isn't like poland where you can be an asshole and speak polish at the same time"

benjipwns

« Reply #36341 on: January 17, 2021, 03:32:19 PM »
The reason the "stay civil" and "don't get personal" are front and center in the thread title is to steer people away from the uncomfortable aspects that can come out in a thread like this. Of course when you see abuse of power on display over there it's natural to react harshly. And when you see the serious dysfunction on display it's natural to comment on it. I'm just not fond of when the environment leads to resentment boiling over toward identity groups, like with one of our recently banned users increasingly hating trans people in general, or following users' personal lives with ongoing screenshots because they're a little too open with their lives in an illusory safe space open to the public.

Highlighting the lunacy of their moderation actions is reasonable. And when refugees stop over, this thread is a good way to decompress from all the groupthink pressure a lot of people are under there 24/7. We've picked up some cool people that way. The rest of it we can do without. Nuking this thread is under consideration for those reasons.
lol

Tasty

« Reply #36342 on: January 17, 2021, 03:35:32 PM »
  I'm a polyamorous pansexual and   

you're from transexual transylvania?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36343 on: January 17, 2021, 04:20:16 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nsfw-best-butts-in-gaming.1509664/page-17#post-261808892
Quote from: Oddvintagechap
I got banned from restera cause I said Abby’s ass from Last of Us 2 is nice. Im salty.
:horny

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hate-the-last-of-us-2-because-it-goes-too-far-spoilers.338827/page-4#post-53246749
Quote from: Deleted member 61869
Its the truth thought. People really have to relax. Abby has a nice ass. Bad tits. Excuse my heterosexual ass.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:25:03 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36344 on: January 17, 2021, 04:26:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hate-the-last-of-us-2-because-it-goes-too-far-spoilers.338827/page-4#post-53245645

Quote from: Deleted member 61869
Some of you are overly protective of this game. Maybe to really set some of you cuties. Abby’s tits suck.

:birb
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36345 on: January 17, 2021, 04:34:29 PM »
Re:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/no-conspiracy-theories-or-fringe-content-on-the-politics-board.1586018/page-18#post-261981435
Quote from: Stouffers (Banned)
Quote from: Blackage
Good shit EviLore.
Do you share all of your good shits with EviLore?

https://www.neogaf.com/bans/

Stouffers - Jan 15, 2021   
Expires: Jan 29, 2021
Reason: Permanent next time. GAF isn't a playground for your fetishes.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/no-conspiracy-theories-or-fringe-content-on-the-politics-board.1586018/page-18#post-261992802
Quote from: Calcium
Did he really get banned for this? The fuck, man. It's a joke.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36346 on: January 17, 2021, 04:45:06 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/thank-you-evilore.1574835/page-3#post-261984274
Quote from: CloudNull (Banned)
This thread aged badly. Forum is going right down the shitter with the nazi regulation. See you all later.

CloudNull - Post   Jan 16, 2021
Expires: Permanent
Reason: Take care.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/thank-you-evilore.1574835/page-4#post-261994742
Quote from: Facism
Mashallah lad just logged in after a long while to see a lot of nutters baby-rage-quit or get banned.  Man called in the plumbers and a lot of shit got flushed down the pipes
Quote from: TrainedRage
Tell us more GAF member!!!
(Image removed from quote.)
Yeah calling members "baby-nutter-rage quitters" Is real positive. GTFO with your 6 posts in the past 6 months. We see you. Tell us about how much you love posting on GAF!!!
Ah. I do apologise if my language here was inappropriate. Like I said, I haven't logged in for a long while or engaged much in recent time :)
But you HAD to come into this thread and shit on members who left or were perma'd because they feel like the staff is treating them and others unfairly? Seems kinda weird you would keep up with all the drama as you said yourself you don't "engage" in this forum very much.

I still see your grift...

But welcome back! what made you "engage" again?
Quote from: EviLore
You're off Politics, TR. The angry protectionism hasn't done the Politics section any good over the past year.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:53:41 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36347 on: January 17, 2021, 04:46:55 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/thank-you-evilore.1574835/page-3#post-261993732
Quote from: NeilH1982
So is this thread a virtual line-up where we all suck @EviLore's dick ? Got my mouth wide open. I enjoy GAF, life's fun here and I can say pretty much what I want without fear of being banned. Bring on the cock

:marimo
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36348 on: January 17, 2021, 04:56:39 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/biden-plans-early-legislation-to-offer-legal-status-to-11-million-immigrants-without-it.1586920/page-2#post-261993821

Quote from: Ricky_Bee (Banned)
Quote from: Goro Majima
“Whiteness” is a changing definition that is going to incorporate Hispanics as time goes on.

Don’t mistake political posturing to appease radical leftist elements to mean that there’s some grand conspiracy to destroy white people in the US. It’s laughable to think that a mainstream Democrat like Biden would actually work towards that.

Every western institution proudly proclaims that their highest priority is the eradication of whiteness. Everyone from the police to the army puts out endless reports on their efforts to disenfranchise white people.

It’s not a conspiracy. Ethnically cleansing western nations of white people is now the central purpose of western nations.

I agree it’s daft, but there we go.

Ricky_Bee - Jan 17, 2021
Expires: Permanent
Reason: White supremacist rhetoric. Where are all of you coming out of the woodwork from?

:thinking
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36349 on: January 17, 2021, 05:09:03 PM »
Every western institution puts out constant lists of how many white people they have rooted out and disposed of with *breathless enthusiasm*. They compete.

‘We got rid of all the white people in Star Wars!’ ‘We got rid of all the white people in Kent!’ ‘Well *we* rooted out all the white people from Goldman Sachs!’

When it comes your time to stand before the truth and reconciliation commission and they ask you what *exactly* you thought was being discussed at all those seminars about ‘eradicating whiteness’ what are you going to tell them?

:dead
🤴

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #36350 on: January 17, 2021, 05:30:27 PM »
Top 3 Halo CE mission right there

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36351 on: January 17, 2021, 05:53:57 PM »
Someone should do a copy paste of the shower goblin's recent misogynistic/antiPC rants and see how long it takes to get banned.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #36352 on: January 17, 2021, 07:13:51 PM »
Look, he was fighting the sex cult, got distracted for a couple of years.
ὕβρις

Snoopycat_

« Reply #36353 on: January 17, 2021, 08:27:46 PM »

Is he dancing or auditioning for My Left Foot?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36354 on: January 17, 2021, 08:30:43 PM »
stupid fucking dork  :neogaf

Averon

« Reply #36355 on: January 17, 2021, 10:10:13 PM »
Hilarious how just now they are all figuring out Evilore is a thin skinned asshole that only saw these the_donald rejects as cheap commodities after sucking him off for the past 3 years for "free speech" :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36356 on: January 17, 2021, 10:15:09 PM »
free speech  :neogaf only thing you're getting free from lore is a free shower raping  :lol

samir

« Reply #36357 on: January 17, 2021, 10:30:05 PM »
What's the context of dancing_malka.gif?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #36358 on: January 17, 2021, 10:52:37 PM »
The context is that dancing is embarassing and no-one should do it where there are cameras

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #36359 on: January 17, 2021, 11:29:52 PM »

:cac