Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3128307 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #37800 on: February 18, 2021, 09:21:56 AM »
:jared
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #37801 on: February 18, 2021, 10:18:01 AM »
Huh... my daughter will love this one I think. Going to keep an eye on the reviews (and sales :P).

what?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #37802 on: February 18, 2021, 10:24:52 AM »
janusff

The Fallen

Today at 8:30 AM

#1,620

Dumb question but, if you don’t have water, does your toilet also not flush?

:dead
:O

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37803 on: February 18, 2021, 10:30:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-publishing-dcs-super-hero-girls-teen-power-exclusively-for-switch.380469/page-3#post-58925862

Quote from: Kuribo’s Shoe
Quote from: JuniperAndSage
Having kids has never stopped men from being sexist.

Yeah, that’s true. Well, whatever to those fools. The show is good and the game looks fun.

High art
:snob

Quote from: Rainer516
I’m just glad I can buy a licensed property for my nieces that isn’t chock full of micro transactions and other predatory mechanisms.

Yes, for "your nieces."

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:39:05 AM by bork »
ど助平

pgtl_10

« Reply #37804 on: February 18, 2021, 10:36:34 AM »
I really hate Xenoblade 2's character designs.

Not because of sexy women. Xenoblade and Xenoblade X was more serious in tone. I don't understand the joke anime art direction.

SmokyDave

« Reply #37805 on: February 18, 2021, 10:39:33 AM »
Teen Titans Go > DC Super Hero Girls.

I wish I'd seen the fucking price before I showed kiddo the trailer. Thought it was a dead set £29.99 and now I'm in for another score. Grim.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37806 on: February 18, 2021, 10:42:50 AM »
I really hate Xenoblade 2's character designs.

Not because of sexy women. Xenoblade and Xenoblade X was more serious in tone. I don't understand the joke anime art direction.

I don't understand what you mean by "joke anime art direction."   :P
ど助平

pgtl_10

« Reply #37807 on: February 18, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »
I’m not antivax, but holy shit these people are psychopaths.

Story: Woman get fired for refusing vaccination since she is trying to get pregnant.

I dont get how she is shocked, a high risk placed like a restaurant going to be more strict.

The argument about having a baby sounds fishy, she should ask herself why being pregnant during a pandemic than being worried about the effects of a vaccine during pregnancy.

I think her concern with fertility, especially considering the fact that she wants to get pregnant in the future, is valid.
Not when youre working in an environment interacting with the public in the middle of a pandemic. She made her choice and now faces the consequence.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-york-city-waitress-fired-after-not-getting-the-covid-19-vaccine.380445/

I agree with them actually. It's messed up that she lost her job if her reason is valid but I think it's fair to ask that your employees stay healthy and not infect your customers.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #37808 on: February 18, 2021, 10:55:32 AM »
Having different designers do the different blades led the game to have a pretty inconsistent look. Some blades look cool, and although I love my big tidday animu some others look just too ridiculous. The biggest issues with XB2 were from a gameplay standpoint, though. World design not as interesting as the original or X, having to deal with a stupid gatcha system to get rare blades, sidequests gated by high affinity requirements, field skill checks that require lots of party re-juggling, and the excessive amounts of confusing, unorthodox systems (that make very little difference in the end) that Monolith loves. The original XB is still the best, though Torna: The Golden Country (which gets rid of a lot of the stuff I mentioned above) is an awesome DLC.
^_^

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #37809 on: February 18, 2021, 11:01:07 AM »

Story: Woman get fired for refusing vaccination since she is trying to get pregnant.

I dont get how she is shocked, a high risk placed like a restaurant going to be more strict.

The argument about having a baby sounds fishy, she should ask herself why being pregnant during a pandemic than being worried about the effects of a vaccine during pregnancy.

I think her concern with fertility, especially considering the fact that she wants to get pregnant in the future, is valid.
Not when youre working in an environment interacting with the public in the middle of a pandemic. She made her choice and now faces the consequence.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-york-city-waitress-fired-after-not-getting-the-covid-19-vaccine.380445/

I agree with them actually. It's messed up that she lost her job if her reason is valid but I think it's fair to ask that your employees stay healthy and not infect your customers.

The advice in the UK is for pregnant ladies to not get the vax, I assumed this was the same world wide :thinking
(ice)

Jansen

« Reply #37810 on: February 18, 2021, 11:22:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pyra-and-mythra-from-xenoblade-2-announced-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-releases-in-march.380187/page-16#post-58886904

Just as ridiculous as the :exxy brigade :lol

It’s very embarrassing seeing these type of threads, especially the breast size comments. I used to have a similar size to Pyra’s and these type of arguments on the internet about how ridiculous is to have them big and it’s unrealistic and stuff like that made me get very uncomfortable with my body to the point I almost killed myself a few years ago
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:30:30 PM by Jansen »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #37811 on: February 18, 2021, 11:30:52 AM »
why would they tweet that out specifically? it's like they're waiting to be cancelled

And yet, cancel culture doesn't exist  :brain

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37812 on: February 18, 2021, 11:42:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pyra-and-mythra-from-xenoblade-2-announced-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-releases-in-march.380187/page-16#post-58886904

its the logical conclusion of 'discussion' on era when every point made on any issue is based on PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY DYING AND I'M. JUST. SO. TIRED.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #37813 on: February 18, 2021, 12:01:30 PM »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37814 on: February 18, 2021, 12:13:31 PM »
Somehow I think the added tights probably make these characters more lewd for some people.

Skin  :nope  :exxy

Tights  :nope :exxy

SmokyDave

« Reply #37815 on: February 18, 2021, 12:33:35 PM »
I'm no fan of the word 'cuck', but goddamn do these people make me feel like a 'bull'.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37816 on: February 18, 2021, 12:42:46 PM »

Agkel
Jan 23, 2021

#4,108

Well friends, this is it. Unfortunately I cannot make a thread but I thought it would be fitting I say goodbye on a Wandavision thread.

Ive been a member of this community since the old website and Ive had some good memories to take with me.

I lost everything in a fire this past weekend with no renters insurance, and I just cant go on. So tired of everyone saying At least youre alive, you can get material stuff back, I dont think they understand the burden of living paycheck to paycheck, having debt and then losing everything youve worked for and saved for, for, decades. Its all gone just like that and its not even my fault....

Anyways, im glad i got to see that orange stain get kicked out and i hope that Biden can get shit done. Much love to all!

:doge

Spends time waxing about his struggles to gain what he has, doesn’t spend the relatively pittance amount to get renters insurance.

:ufup

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37817 on: February 18, 2021, 12:50:53 PM »
The conversation has shifted from "eewww big boobies" to "Smash Bros. does not represent black people"

Quote from: banned obv
Dismissive? How? I just think that anime or mascot characters don't represent any race, and if Nintendo itself doesn't have any good black character as of now, it's useless to complain about a lack of in an all stars brawl game. I get it for all the other fighting games that have actual races and background for all the characters and it's right to have more diversity and representation, but Smash isn't about it..

First of all, you're being incredibly dismissive towards a Black marginalised man seeking representation in a medium that does not have much at all. But secondly, comparing it to Italian or even white representation is ridiculous. White people do not even have to think about representation because they get it everywhere and have since the beginning. That's thanks to white supremacy. So kindly do not talk down to Black people looking for representation.
🤴

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #37818 on: February 18, 2021, 01:07:55 PM »
Ahh yes Nintendo Directs sure does bring on the pain

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #37819 on: February 18, 2021, 01:08:55 PM »

The advice in the UK is for pregnant ladies to not get the vax, I assumed this was the same world wide :thinking

My cousin was one of the first to get the vax (ER doc) and she got it while pregnant. Everything went perfectly fine for her with the pregnancy.
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #37820 on: February 18, 2021, 01:14:33 PM »
The conversation has shifted from "eewww big boobies" to "Smash Bros. does not represent black people"

Quote from: banned obv
Dismissive? How? I just think that anime or mascot characters don't represent any race, and if Nintendo itself doesn't have any good black character as of now, it's useless to complain about a lack of in an all stars brawl game. I get it for all the other fighting games that have actual races and background for all the characters and it's right to have more diversity and representation, but Smash isn't about it..

First of all, you're being incredibly dismissive towards a Black marginalised man seeking representation in a medium that does not have much at all. But secondly, comparing it to Italian or even white representation is ridiculous. White people do not even have to think about representation because they get it everywhere and have since the beginning. That's thanks to white supremacy. So kindly do not talk down to Black people looking for representation.

I would love a black fighter of course but unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of iconic black characters in the medium. Barret would've probably been the best bet for one (he's arguably the most iconic black game character), but then was made into a Mii gunner so there goes that out the window. There's CJ, but GTA doesn't really have a lot of representation on Nintendo consoles. Some fighting game characters (Balrog? Jax? Zack from DOA?) but like if we got an MK rep it'd probably be Scorpion or Sub Zero first. Doc Lewis would be pretty awesome, though, since he's an original Nintendo character.
^_^

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37821 on: February 18, 2021, 01:24:23 PM »
they really need to add some muslims to smash
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37822 on: February 18, 2021, 01:37:49 PM »
Non-white characters Nintendo could include
- Anthony Higgs from Metroid Other M
- Marina (<- this one could actually happen to help promote Splatoon 3 and technically a waifu too)
- Doc Lewis
- PoC Pokemon trainer
- Brock
- Lady Urbosa
- Rodin
- Beedle

Characters Nintendo will include
- Xenoblade Waifu's (but not the X one)
- Edelgard (Sakurai: "Third party licensing was difficult during this pandemic so we picked something closer to home. Unlike other Fire Emblem characters who fight with Swords, Edelgard uses her Axe as well. Her final smash is Tea time!")
- Waddle Dee (technically not white) (Sakurai: "The final pick was mine so I picked my favorite character who isn't Kirby, thank you for your support everyone!"
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37823 on: February 18, 2021, 01:49:04 PM »
Google shows that Last of Us 2 sold four million in its opening weekend, while Xenoblade 2 has sold 2 million in its lifetime. I think overt objectification hurts more than it helps, really. Make a quality game with respectful designs and I bet the numbers would go even higher.

:brain

jorma

« Reply #37824 on: February 18, 2021, 01:57:46 PM »
Google shows that Last of Us 2 sold four million in its opening weekend, while Xenoblade 2 has sold 2 million in its lifetime. I think overt objectification hurts more than it helps, really. Make a quality game with respectful designs and I bet the numbers would go even higher.

Really makes you wonder what TLOU sales could have been if they only had been as respectful with their game design as CDPR  :teehee

SmokyDave

« Reply #37825 on: February 18, 2021, 02:00:18 PM »
I like their next post.

“Why do you even want to argue that objectified designs aren‘t harmful to sales?“

That mentality man. Blimey.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #37826 on: February 18, 2021, 02:02:56 PM »

Messy for Smash  :rejoice
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37827 on: February 18, 2021, 02:06:26 PM »
Super Mario 3D All-Stars Sold 5.21 Million Copies In Just 12 Days
:mario

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #37828 on: February 18, 2021, 02:07:55 PM »

They’ve had Ganondorf since melee.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #37829 on: February 18, 2021, 02:10:59 PM »
 :dead

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37830 on: February 18, 2021, 02:20:28 PM »
Complaining about a youtube thumbnail:

"Some dude" is downplaying it. That's Hungrybox.
It's one thing if it's some random no-name incel or whatever.
It's a whole other thing entirely if it's a figurehead like him.

Man represents the community and his thumbnail is a fucking embarrassment that showcases why women are uncomfortable with the Smash scene.

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/CLASH_Chia/status/1362466688529281031

Honestly it might be better to move away from "all women hate this" statements and just imagine it as people who hate sexy stuff vs people who like it

Averon

« Reply #37831 on: February 18, 2021, 02:26:41 PM »
Complaining about a youtube thumbnail:

"Some dude" is downplaying it. That's Hungrybox.
It's one thing if it's some random no-name incel or whatever.
It's a whole other thing entirely if it's a figurehead like him.

Man represents the community and his thumbnail is a fucking embarrassment that showcases why women are uncomfortable with the Smash scene.

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/CLASH_Chia/status/1362466688529281031

Honestly it might be better to move away from "all women hate this" statements and just imagine it as people who hate sexy stuff vs people who like it

If they do that, they have to admit they are prudes and don't hold the dominate, "obvious" position about this topic. Do you think they will give up that clout?

Propagandhim

« Reply #37832 on: February 18, 2021, 02:29:58 PM »

:lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #37833 on: February 18, 2021, 03:03:32 PM »
Quote from: Persephone, post: 58954293, member: 3531
I think Era needs to make a rule about "locker room talk" being bannable tbh
Quote from: yuoke, post: 58954407, member: 7351
I agree, but don't envy the mods in that discussion.  There is the community thread to talk about it though.

Elections have consequences  :trumps
Margs

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #37834 on: February 18, 2021, 04:08:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/google-ending-unlimited-storage-for-edu-accounts.380337/

These people are wild.

(Image removed from quote.)

"google gets their hdds in bulk"

:lol

I honestly don't get what they're complaining about.  I guess I'm "old man yelling at clouds" age here, but back when I was in college in the mid 90s and using early versions of PhotoShop, we were expected to buy our own Zip drives at about $80 for 100 MB.  If anything, they should be pissed at their colleges for being "cheap", but I really see no reason why students would need unlimited storage and I guarantee most of these accounts are filled with personal files like music and movies that they are sharing with other students, or they simply haven't gone through files and they have a lot of bloat.

ShutUp

« Reply #37835 on: February 18, 2021, 04:54:14 PM »
Locker room talk is banned then they can't post shirtless Chris Evans or Hemsworth anymore.

Or will "but the context!" matter in those instances?

BisMarckie

« Reply #37836 on: February 18, 2021, 06:37:05 PM »
MGS by Naughty Dog, very real possibility it could be on par or even better than the originals.

:yuck

TLOU2 is the greatest stealth game ever made.

:maf

Boredfrom

« Reply #37837 on: February 18, 2021, 06:56:32 PM »

It’s very embarrassing seeing these type of threads, especially the breast size comments. I used to have a similar size to Pyra’s and these type of arguments on the internet about how ridiculous is to have them big and it’s unrealistic and stuff like that made me get very uncomfortable with my body to the point I almost killed myself a few years ago

its the logical conclusion of 'discussion' on era when every point made on any issue is based on PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY DYING AND I'M. JUST. SO. TIRED.

Is actually a real problem, specially if you have a medical condition:

https://people.com/archive/cover-story-now-i-can-be-free-vol-39-no-16/

Women get called a lot of names just for having big breasts.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #37838 on: February 18, 2021, 07:05:15 PM »

Women get called a lot of names just for having big breasts.

I call them "mommy".
Oi Oi

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #37839 on: February 18, 2021, 07:09:37 PM »
Xenoblade 2 characters for Smash, the men discussing female character designs thread will go into overdrive

Two anime girls with big titties and a sword. What a joke
I thought Nintendo was better than this, honestly.
:stahp

Did you?  :miyamoto
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #37840 on: February 18, 2021, 07:31:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pyra-and-mythra-from-xenoblade-2-announced-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-releases-in-march.380187/page-18#post-58895871

Quote from: Rosebud
Quote from: Panda Andino
Please ignore those misoginyst comments, they have never play the game and they think those characters are sexual dolls becouse of the looks. They are the worse kind of misginyst ppl like a white knight in disguise.

Dude

Quote from: Cerulean_skylark
Quote from: falcondoc
The classic take an optional three minute comedy scene out of context and use it as a misrepresentation of a 100 hour game!

Please, don't pretend cheesecakey fanservice isn't peppered throughout.

Why do they always have all this shit practically queued-up and ready to post?  :lol

:expert

They've been to many very important battles before. That's why they are so tired :engel

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #37841 on: February 18, 2021, 08:16:23 PM »
MGS by Naughty Dog, very real possibility it could be on par or even better than the originals.

:yuck

TLOU2 is the greatest stealth game ever made.

:maf
This might be worse than "LET ND MAKE HALF LIFE"

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #37842 on: February 18, 2021, 08:31:59 PM »
User warned: inflammatory commentary

I remember when Nintendo were awesome and not scummy cunts charging full price for lazy ports.
User Banned (3 days): hostility

Criticism of Nintendo for charging full price on barely upgraded ports of ten year old Wii games doesn’t make people a “hater”, but corporate boot licking like this allows Nintendo to get away with what they’re doing.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #37843 on: February 18, 2021, 08:35:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-rejects-schumer-warren-proposal-to-cancel-50k-student-loan-debt.379755/
This discussion was generating a high number of reports temporarily locked while we looked at those and the thread. As the OP has been banned, it will remain closed.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/congresswoman-pressley-yes-biden-does-have-the-authority-to-cancel-studentdebt-with-the-stroke-of-a-pen.379974/
Given this thread is essentially a reaction thread to a previously locked thread as well as the OP now being banned, this thread has been locked.
:hitler

paprikastaude

« Reply #37844 on: February 18, 2021, 08:43:26 PM »
User warned: inflammatory commentary

I remember when Nintendo were awesome and not scummy cunts charging full price for lazy ports.
User Banned (3 days): hostility

Criticism of Nintendo for charging full price on barely upgraded ports of ten year old Wii games doesn’t make people a “hater”, but corporate boot licking like this allows Nintendo to get away with what they’re doing.

Company good, you bad :rage

*tits*

company bad. Company bad! :six:

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37845 on: February 18, 2021, 08:50:31 PM »
Ye Gods, imagine the fee fees this caused

I love how many people were hanging on to this being a real possibility. I had people waiting to qualify for a house because - “I want to wait till my student debt will be forgiven here soon” No my friend I’m sorry that’s not how it works. Though you entered into a binding contract when you lack the brain power or education to understand what it was and thought you were going to be making 6 figures by now. It’s no ones fault but your parents, maybe guidance counselor and assuredly yours that you find yourself in your current predicament of waiting for some holy powerball equivalent bailout

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:58:24 PM by Snoopycat_ »

« Reply #37846 on: February 19, 2021, 01:32:50 AM »
they should add muslim icon khalid ibn reigan to smash bros

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37847 on: February 19, 2021, 06:44:37 AM »
Nep Nep used to tell customers just to pick up whatever they wanted and walk out the doors with it.

At my old job I openly told people if you walk out of the door with any items, consider it yours. It's against corporate policy for associates to run after you, and police don't give a fuck. So yeah, the idea that you're obligated to pay for shit (at least at my old job) is like the rest of America- built on a gentleman's agreement

Imagine Nep Nep in her beret following customers round the store shouting, Yo black, just take that shit out the door homey. All power to the people!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37848 on: February 19, 2021, 06:53:12 AM »
Nep Nep used to tell customers just to pick up whatever they wanted and walk out the doors with it.

At my old job I openly told people if you walk out of the door with any items, consider it yours. It's against corporate policy for associates to run after you, and police don't give a fuck. So yeah, the idea that you're obligated to pay for shit (at least at my old job) is like the rest of America- built on a gentleman's agreement

Imagine Nep Nep in her beret following customers round the store shouting, Yo black, just take that shit out the door homey. All power to the people!

whenever people say "at my old job" they mean "at my current job" but aren't allowed to say it since it could go viral and get them fired
Uncle

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #37849 on: February 19, 2021, 07:34:21 AM »
IN FAIRNESS: i believe retail employees being told not to chase after thieves and letting the cops deal with it (or not) is common for a lot big chain outlets these days.
(ice)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #37850 on: February 19, 2021, 07:46:36 AM »
Still doesn't mean one should shout it from rooftops :lol

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #37851 on: February 19, 2021, 07:46:48 AM »
obviously leaving out that it was company policy to not confront a shop lifter makes her sound more like a revolutionary bad ass :ego :badass
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37852 on: February 19, 2021, 07:49:51 AM »
Yeah, I'd just tell people to go ahead and loot the place because IDGAF and wouldn't do anything about.

But also I was never even considered for promotion and was first on the choppping block for layoffs because white supremacy

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #37853 on: February 19, 2021, 07:55:19 AM »
Depends.
If it was a mom & pop shop owned by a problematic demographic, i'd say sure go ahead, fuck 'em.

But if i was a clerk at a Nintendo store, i'd personally tackle and behead on the spot any shop lifter (or people who come in and leave without buying something).

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37854 on: February 19, 2021, 08:03:08 AM »
I once caught a dude shoplifting. When I nabbed him outside he offered me some weed in exchange for letting him go. Surprisingly the shit was pretty decent.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37855 on: February 19, 2021, 08:19:56 AM »

Good to know she's consistent in her ethics from her IRL job and her moderating job. That ethic being, "whatever the fuck I want, honey".

Truly, its everyone else whom are privileged.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

SmokyDave

« Reply #37857 on: February 19, 2021, 09:59:03 AM »
link
Quote from: Mik317
you mean the thread where most of the posters spend most of their time taking shots are other posters? or the one that is primarily full of men telling people how women should look? That thread? No thanks.

I'm not going to sit here and act like Pyra/Mythra are the pinnacle of female design. They are horny ass designs lol. There are no words and deeds that can make up for that. But IMO thats ok. There are place for Horny Designs. The issue is when thats all there is...and despite what many here would like you to believe that is not the case...even with the very same game. But then of course, everyone's idea of sexualized is different as someone could find Morag as a sexual design for reasons. But basically I don't attend the school of though that sexy = bad and is the reason why fuckbois on the internet treat women poorly. It comes from the same school of thought from the 90's that Doom caused school shootings. To each their own of course...but i am sorry a lot of it reads as "I don't like this thing but thats not good enough so let me make that dislike about racism or sexism to really drive that point across"...and read hollow as fuck considering the skeletons in some of the louder people like that before from era and gaf. You can not like a design. I think Mythra is "better designed" than Pyra for probably some of the same reasons people hate them. But I draw the line when people attempt to make said dislike more than it is.

I'm amazed this post only caused a one month ban. Those first sentences have 'perm' written all over them.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37858 on: February 19, 2021, 10:26:43 AM »
link
Quote from: Mik317
you mean the thread where most of the posters spend most of their time taking shots are other posters? or the one that is primarily full of men telling people how women should look? That thread? No thanks.

I'm not going to sit here and act like Pyra/Mythra are the pinnacle of female design. They are horny ass designs lol. There are no words and deeds that can make up for that. But IMO thats ok. There are place for Horny Designs. The issue is when thats all there is...and despite what many here would like you to believe that is not the case...even with the very same game. But then of course, everyone's idea of sexualized is different as someone could find Morag as a sexual design for reasons. But basically I don't attend the school of though that sexy = bad and is the reason why fuckbois on the internet treat women poorly. It comes from the same school of thought from the 90's that Doom caused school shootings. To each their own of course...but i am sorry a lot of it reads as "I don't like this thing but thats not good enough so let me make that dislike about racism or sexism to really drive that point across"...and read hollow as fuck considering the skeletons in some of the louder people like that before from era and gaf. You can not like a design. I think Mythra is "better designed" than Pyra for probably some of the same reasons people hate them. But I draw the line when people attempt to make said dislike more than it is.

I'm amazed this post only caused a one month ban. Those first sentences have 'perm' written all over them.

I hope some mod thought "well, he's not entirely wrong..."

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #37859 on: February 19, 2021, 11:24:11 AM »
IN FAIRNESS: i believe retail employees being told not to chase after thieves and letting the cops deal with it (or not) is common for a lot big chain outlets these days.

I worked in retail in the 80s and 90s and that was the case back then.  Technically there is really nothing store security can do to you, and if they actually put hands on you, you can sue the store and/or have the security guard arrested.

When I worked security, I sure as fuck wasn't going to get into anything for minimum wage.  Most people I caught gave up pretty freely though, and we wouldn't get the cops involved most times.  We would take their picture and tell them they couldn't come in the store again.  If they were kids, we'd call the parents to pick them up.  Other than that, there wasn't much we could legally do.

Internal theft is a much bigger issue, and that is something stores will actually get the cops involved with.

But yeah, I'm also calling bullshit that Neppy was like "take what you want, homie".
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 11:32:55 AM by porkbun »