Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135942 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #37860 on: February 19, 2021, 11:26:56 AM »
makes sense, especially in america, who wants to potentially catch a couple of hot ones over someone stealing a toaster or some bud lite?
(ice)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #37861 on: February 19, 2021, 12:21:36 PM »
makes sense, especially in america, who wants to potentially catch a couple of hot ones over someone stealing a toaster or some bud lite?
Don't they get training for that?

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #37862 on: February 19, 2021, 01:05:45 PM »
I worked at Target and its related stores and anyone who came form Wal-Mart pointed out how much better our team huddles were because we didn't do stupid/creepy shit like that,  I also heard plenty of horror stores form former WM employees who had to do stuff like piss in a bucket in the stockroom because they weren't allowed bathroom breaks.

(I'm not saying Target was great by any stretch but I have never heard one positive story about people working at Wal-Mart.)

Switters

« Reply #37863 on: February 19, 2021, 02:06:40 PM »
link
Quote from: Mik317
you mean the thread where most of the posters spend most of their time taking shots are other posters? or the one that is primarily full of men telling people how women should look? That thread? No thanks.
I'm amazed this post only caused a one month ban. Those first sentences have 'perm' written all over them.

:whew :kermit

troll

Boredfrom

« Reply #37864 on: February 19, 2021, 02:37:28 PM »
Quote from: Idiot
. Something I've been thinking about lately that has me curious, have any female vtubers given their thoughts on the subject of female characters' sexualization across popular media like games and anime?

Sane RE member links to this (NSFW):

El leon cree que todos son de su condición.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #37865 on: February 19, 2021, 03:04:11 PM »
They're really inviting the big brain takes

Such awful designs. Sorry, I can't take any of this seriously.

It feels hard to take this battle to the death between a pink blob, a plumber, a monkey and a pokemon trainer serious anymore.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37866 on: February 19, 2021, 03:15:08 PM »
Nep Nep used to tell customers just to pick up whatever they wanted and walk out the doors with it.

At my old job I openly told people if you walk out of the door with any items, consider it yours. It's against corporate policy for associates to run after you, and police don't give a fuck. So yeah, the idea that you're obligated to pay for shit (at least at my old job) is like the rest of America- built on a gentleman's agreement

Imagine Nep Nep in her beret following customers round the store shouting, Yo black, just take that shit out the door homey. All power to the people!

Good to know she's consistent in her ethics from her IRL job and her moderating job. That ethic being, "whatever the fuck I want, honey".

Truly, its everyone else whom are privileged.
Imagine being Neopet's boss.

On one hand you've got the absolute worst employee you've ever hired, but on the other hand, if you fire her, you know you're definitely going to have to take the time to fight a bullshit racial/species discrimination lawsuit.
Spud

« Reply #37867 on: February 19, 2021, 03:16:56 PM »
link
Quote from: Mik317
you mean the thread where most of the posters spend most of their time taking shots are other posters? or the one that is primarily full of men telling people how women should look? That thread? No thanks.

I'm not going to sit here and act like Pyra/Mythra are the pinnacle of female design. They are horny ass designs lol. There are no words and deeds that can make up for that. But IMO thats ok. There are place for Horny Designs. The issue is when thats all there is...and despite what many here would like you to believe that is not the case...even with the very same game. But then of course, everyone's idea of sexualized is different as someone could find Morag as a sexual design for reasons. But basically I don't attend the school of though that sexy = bad and is the reason why fuckbois on the internet treat women poorly. It comes from the same school of thought from the 90's that Doom caused school shootings. To each their own of course...but i am sorry a lot of it reads as "I don't like this thing but thats not good enough so let me make that dislike about racism or sexism to really drive that point across"...and read hollow as fuck considering the skeletons in some of the louder people like that before from era and gaf. You can not like a design. I think Mythra is "better designed" than Pyra for probably some of the same reasons people hate them. But I draw the line when people attempt to make said dislike more than it is.

I'm amazed this post only caused a one month ban. Those first sentences have 'perm' written all over them.

If he really wanted to drive the point home, he should've brought up the Kokonoe incident where the sexualization thread basically bullied a trans designer off the site.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #37868 on: February 19, 2021, 03:17:54 PM »
if you fire her, you know you're definitely going to have to take the time to fight a dance capoeira battle.
fixed

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #37869 on: February 19, 2021, 03:43:48 PM »
if you fire her, you know you're definitely going to have to take the time to fight a dance capoeira battle.
fixed

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #37870 on: February 19, 2021, 03:45:41 PM »
She's probably pretty easy to exploit.  You could tell her, "yeahhhhh, you're gonna need to come in over the weekend," and she would give you a face that says, "I am so going to post about this online but never actually alert you to how I feel in real life."
sigh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37871 on: February 19, 2021, 07:23:34 PM »
You know it's fake, right?
My answer to that was always "So are the TV shows you watch. Does that make you not want to watch them?"

:mike

You never said that to anybody, breh

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37872 on: February 19, 2021, 07:31:59 PM »
The only correct response to "You know that is fake right?" is:

"So are you" :trumps
and then you see people contemplate their entire existence right before your eyes and hear them utter a primitive sound
[close]
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #37873 on: February 19, 2021, 07:42:27 PM »
if the TV show i watch had the level of writing Wrestling has, i definitely wouldn't watch them.  :snob

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37874 on: February 19, 2021, 07:52:55 PM »
"You'll never amount to anything playing that taco anime shit." - Random High School Bully #865 looking over my shoulder as I play Breath of Fire III on my PSP

Jokes on you, jackass. I have a solid career that pays well and have a lovely relationship.
This sounds like a cry for help, honestly.
Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #37875 on: February 19, 2021, 08:02:22 PM »
I played a Gundam Vs game on PSP in high school and one of the jock kids thought it was cool because he remembered Gundam Wing from toonami.

I guess I’ve just been lucky, but I never really experienced people making fun of others for anime or whatnot like Era talks about.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #37876 on: February 19, 2021, 08:07:28 PM »
I played a Gundam Vs game on PSP in high school and one of the jock kids thought it was cool because he remembered Gundam Wing from toonami.

I guess I’ve just been lucky, but I never really experienced people making fun of others for anime or whatnot like Era talks about.

You’ll never amount to anything playing that taco anime shit. :bolo

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37877 on: February 19, 2021, 08:07:46 PM »

People on era didn't get teased because of the anime...
Spud

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #37879 on: February 19, 2021, 08:19:19 PM »
Lol at OP posting his LinkedIn, but thinking it might be against the rules to post his Twitter.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37880 on: February 19, 2021, 08:29:58 PM »
There's no such thing as cancel culture, but guys, heres a guys linkedin, twitter and youtube, wouldn't it be great if everyone scours through every second of video and every word of text to find something, anything, we can use to get them fired?

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #37881 on: February 19, 2021, 08:30:42 PM »
Lol at OP posting his LinkedIn, but thinking it might be against the rules to post his Twitter.

doxxing is bad, except when it's for justice!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37882 on: February 19, 2021, 08:43:47 PM »
His development history is like an all you can eat of licensed shovelware  :lol
Game Development History: Director - Infinity 3.0: Finding Dory (2016) Director - Infinity 3.0: Inside Out (2015) Director - Infinity 2.0: Avengers (2014) Director - Infinity: Lone Ranger (2013) Director - Cars 2 (2011) Consultant - Toy Story 3 (2010) Director - Bolt (2008) Consultant - Meet the Robinsons (2007) Designer - Hannah Montana: World Tour (2007) Director - Ace in Action (2006) Consultant - 25 to Life (2006) Producer - Tak 3: Great Juju Challenge (2005) Designer - Chicken Little (2005) Consultant - DragonBall Z Sagas (2005) Designer - Tak 2: Staff of Dreams (2004) Consultant - Tak: Power of Juju (2003) Producer - Legends of Wrestling (2002) Producer - McGrath Supercross (2002) Consultant - Dave Mirra 2 (2001) Producer - Anarchy Rulz (2000) Designer - Streak (1998) Consultant - Jet Moto 2 (1997) Designer - Critical Depth (1997) Consultant - Twisted Metal 2 (1996) Assoc. Producer - WWF Raw is War (1995) Consultant - VR Stalker (1994)

There's no such thing as cancel culture, but guys, heres a guys linkedin, twitter and youtube, wouldn't it be great if everyone scours through every second of video and every word of text to find something, anything, we can use to get them fired?
This guy is sort of pushing it but then again he worked for Disney :trumps

Kyuuji and friends have arrived  :pimp

It's also amusing how most of the people crowing about how we need threads filled with praise for an IP in order to educate people are seldom the ones expected to do that education.

When I say amusing, I mean endlessly frustrating. Being blunt: if you're not the one having to post against a torrent of adoration for an IP that is directly tied to demonstrable harm to trans lives around you and your own life; shut up and sit down.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 08:48:18 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37883 on: February 19, 2021, 08:48:43 PM »
"You'll never amount to anything playing that taco anime shit." - Random High School Bully #865 looking over my shoulder as I play Breath of Fire III on my PSP

Jokes on you, jackass. I have a solid career that pays well and have a lovely relationship.
This sounds like a cry for help, honestly.

but...the taco anime shit is not what got him the solid career or relationship

strictly speaking he didn't amount to anything because of it and he might've gotten further/better had he not wasted his time on it

unless he found his girlfriend at a convention when they discovered they were cosplaying ryu and nina respectively, like they were meant for each other  :heart
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37884 on: February 19, 2021, 08:50:22 PM »
These are the people Disney contracts to make video games for children  :)
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37885 on: February 19, 2021, 08:59:38 PM »
I'd imagine someone who mostly worked on licenced shovelware knows exactly what kind of corrupt two faced scumfucks work as game reviewers, and viewed gamergate accordingly

:kermit

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #37886 on: February 19, 2021, 09:16:17 PM »
As cringy and garbage as those videos are, is that really automatically "far right" material? If i think far right, i think NatSoc and nazi skins.
Unless there's something else.

Anyway, looking forward to the next Cyberpunk-level shitstorm, though i think this guy may legit get the boot before then.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37887 on: February 19, 2021, 09:30:04 PM »
As cringy and garbage as those videos are, is that really automatically "far right" material? If i think far right, i think NatSoc and nazi skins.

Anyway, looking forward to the next Cyberpunk-level shitstorm, though i think this guy may legit get the boot before then.

I watched a little of the dude is disposable video

basically he says that yes the woman is a damsel in distress, but the guy's role is to die over and over, fight monsters and get beat to hell for 5 seconds of gratitude at the end

people on the other side of the argument will tell you yeah, and that's also an example of toxic masculinity, men shouldn't feel pressured to struggle so hard and compete with other males for affection, it's the other side of the coin of damsel in distress and just as bad in its own way

whether you feel like he has a better point or they have a better point, the point is this is something that ought to be able to discussed openly and hashed out, the "wrong" person in the equation shouldn't be silenced forever and prevented from seeking future employment because of how wrong they were

maybe he is stupid and wrong!  let him be wrong then, you've publicly exchanged ideas and proven to listeners that your ideas are the better ones that stand up to scrutiny, and aren't so shaky that they require complete eradication of anyone who would argue
Uncle

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #37888 on: February 19, 2021, 10:18:19 PM »
I was finally able to get my car out of the driveway for the first time in 5 days. I had been walking miles to the nearest open supermarkets to try to get any food since we ran out. I've never been so excited to back out.

Shovels, how do they work?
Fish<

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37889 on: February 19, 2021, 10:45:41 PM »

I watched a little of the dude is disposable video

basically he says that yes the woman is a damsel in distress, but the guy's role is to die over and over, fight monsters and get beat to hell for 5 seconds of gratitude at the end

people on the other side of the argument will tell you yeah, and that's also an example of toxic masculinity, men shouldn't feel pressured to struggle so hard and compete with other males for affection, it's the other side of the coin of damsel in distress and just as bad in its own way

whether you feel like he has a better point or they have a better point, the point is this is something that ought to be able to discussed openly and hashed out, the "wrong" person in the equation shouldn't be silenced forever and prevented from seeking future employment because of how wrong they were

maybe he is stupid and wrong!  let him be wrong then, you've publicly exchanged ideas and proven to listeners that your ideas are the better ones that stand up to scrutiny, and aren't so shaky that they require complete eradication of anyone who would argue
Dissenting opinion MUST BE SILENCED!!!!!!!
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #37890 on: February 19, 2021, 10:54:52 PM »
Hey all,

The staff is going to be talking over how to handle this game. For now, please try to keep discussion civil. We'll let everyone know once we've had a chance to have that talk.

:lol

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37891 on: February 19, 2021, 11:20:13 PM »
Hey all,

The staff is going to be talking over how to handle this game. For now, please try to keep discussion civil. We'll let everyone know once we've had a chance to have that talk.

:lol

A Harry Potter game that has, so far, no problematic elements about it. I don’t know what’s dumber: the mods acting like it’s a sensitive topic or that they’ve dragged their heels all this time making a ‘decision’ on how the game can be discussed?

A forum run by furry Neville Chamberlins.

:neogaf

Averon

« Reply #37892 on: February 19, 2021, 11:24:15 PM »
Either ban the game or ban the people that will inevitably shit up threads about the game, even the OT. Trying to juggle both is what partly led to the CP 2077 cluster fuck.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37893 on: February 20, 2021, 12:11:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pyra-and-mythra-from-xenoblade-2-announced-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-releases-in-march.380187/page-14#post-58882146

Quote from: Kenzo
Quote from: Acido
Nintendo, when I said I wanted a female character I meant an iconic female character like ChunLi or Lara Croft. Not a big titty anime waifu jfc

This.

Kenzo's avatar:

The full version of this picture:

:nsfw

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37895 on: February 20, 2021, 01:20:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-94#post-58987995

Quote from: Schnee
Neither, I'm beyond tired of this shit.
I'd just like for women to be able to dress like this in any media, be that an anime, a game or anything else, without another character getting confused over whether or not they are in fact a woman or suggesting that they're "dressed like a man" because they're actually dressed for their job.

[close]
"Dressed for their job."

ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #37896 on: February 20, 2021, 01:54:18 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pyra-and-mythra-from-xenoblade-2-announced-for-super-smash-bros-ultimate-releases-in-march.380187/page-14#post-58882146

Quote from: Kenzo
Quote from: Acido
Nintendo, when I said I wanted a female character I meant an iconic female character like ChunLi or Lara Croft. Not a big titty anime waifu jfc

This.

Kenzo's avatar:
(Image removed from quote.)

The full version of this picture:

:nsfw

this dude was the "never seen a woman with tits that big outside of porn" guy that kicked off the suicide girl and a wave of morrigan sweeping the topic two days later banning anyway saying hey fucking weird/not cool thing to say and he did it all with an elf San avatar.

high level trolling  :doge

elf San probably the best bbw/muscle fetish soft porno manga there is but Glass houses dude
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:12:58 AM by remy »

SmokyDave

« Reply #37897 on: February 20, 2021, 05:29:28 AM »
RE has finally found their mark for the Harry Potter game

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hogwarts-legacy-lead-designer-is-troy-leavitt-a-game-developer-who-used-to-make-anti-feminist-and-pro-gamer-gate-videos.381606/

Quote from: Surakian
I want a big title under the usernames of people who defend this game saying "I hate women and trans people"
Quote from: Beth Cyra
I want to laugh.

But I legit kinda got a cold feeling in my gut at how many would be okay with wearing it if they didn’t get in trouble.

After CDPR and this....I honestly don’t think I ever want to see just how many would take it.
Quote from: youke
A virtual scarlet letter....not a bad idea, not that anyone that would take it would care regardless.
link, link, link

Just normal people, having normal thoughts.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37898 on: February 20, 2021, 06:39:48 AM »
Oh Jeez. Another problematic game Kyuuji's going to have to gift themself, change the time zone on their account so they can play all the transphobic content early and then give helpful gameplay tips.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37899 on: February 20, 2021, 07:12:48 AM »
Innocent Era members bullied to pay their disability benefits and grocery store earnings to corrupt Polish charities ->  :stahp
:gamer <- Kyuuji enjoying their free copy of Harry Potter
Mods banning other members who admit to have played the game -> :mods
 :rage <- NeoGAF members complaining about Emma Watson being an SJW
JK Rowling after seeing her work has been destroyed by a horny GamerGater -> :goty2
:sicko <- The Bore not playing the game but opening every thread page with pictures of Emma Watson instead

Bore Mods moderating the Bore -> :snore

:whoo <- Bebpo playing the new Harry Potter game

MMaRsu finding out it is Epic exclusive ->  :gaas
[close]
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37900 on: February 20, 2021, 08:22:11 AM »
double think for babbies:

gamergate are bad people because they target, harrass and doxx the people they disagree with
era are the good guys because they identify, challenge and expose the people they disagree with

perfect timing to set it all up on a friday night too, so it can build momentum over the weekend to try and snowball it into forcing a resolution first thing monday

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37901 on: February 20, 2021, 08:25:05 AM »
Do social background checks not exist anymore ?

also era: MAN THAT CHINESE SOCIAL CREDIT SCORE SYSTEM IS SOME HEINOUS DYSTOPIAN SHIT AMIRITE?

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #37902 on: February 20, 2021, 08:50:20 AM »
i do like how ree can turn into The Farms™️ on a dime when it suits them :teehee
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37903 on: February 20, 2021, 09:56:47 AM »
Why doesn't this site allow for likes/reacts?
Because this site isn't trash.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37904 on: February 20, 2021, 09:59:45 AM »
Essentially, because it allows anonymous support for posts that get banned without that user saying as much in their own words, or having to put the effort into their own argument. It also boosts those who can make a horrific argument with elegance or guile, and allows others to then boost and hide behind it. Much like ‘will you buy it?’ polls about games with problematic elements, it has the side effect of reinforcing majority views in topics around representation etc which isn’t what this community is about. If people want to back another post, and there are also tons of great posts every day, they can do so with their own post rather then making a discussion forum a popularity contest.

:wut

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #37905 on: February 20, 2021, 10:08:16 AM »
likes are v useful for a big forum like that for when someone posts an amusing meme or some shit and reduces a load of responses that are just 'lol'

however no one posts anything intentionally funny on ree so :trumps

i'm sure a big reason for them not having likes is to protect the egos of their protected users :teehee
[close]
(ice)

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #37906 on: February 20, 2021, 10:20:48 AM »
REE doesn’t have “likes” because no one on that forum likes anything.
Fish<

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #37907 on: February 20, 2021, 10:28:38 AM »
Essentially, because it allows anonymous support for posts that get banned without that user saying as much in their own words, or having to put the effort into their own argument. It also boosts those who can make a horrific argument with elegance or guile, and allows others to then boost and hide behind it. Much like ‘will you buy it?’ polls about games with problematic elements, it has the side effect of reinforcing majority views in topics around representation etc which isn’t what this community is about. If people want to back another post, and there are also tons of great posts every day, they can do so with their own post rather then making a discussion forum a popularity contest.

What a roundabout way of saying that sometimes people you don't agree with make good arguments  :lol

Edit: omg it's from a mod

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

BikeJesus

« Reply #37909 on: February 20, 2021, 12:45:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-current-state-of-twitch-the-official-twitch-gaming-channel-cut-off-the-live-metallica-concert-to-play-8bit-folk-music-to-avoid-dmca.381768/post-59088861

Quote from: elenarie - developer at Dice
If anything, it certainly improved whatever shit those dinosaurs were playing.
I wish people and companies would not use music from shit organisations. Just let them die in the past, like all the rest of the dinosaurs.

People's livelihood is more important than the music that is being played, and anyone that is not compatible with today's reality should be left behind.

Must be salty working message board PR while all the "dinosaurs" do the actual hard work coding and designing games.

What an ageist piece of shit.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 12:51:27 PM by BikeJesus »

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #37910 on: February 20, 2021, 01:23:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hogwarts-legacy-lead-designer-is-troy-leavitt-a-game-developer-who-used-to-make-anti-feminist-and-pro-gamer-gate-videos.381606/post-59098359

Is he wrong tho?
If this game isn’t banned here by the end of the day I’m officially done with this fake ass community. Have the mods not learned a thing?

User Banned (permanent): concern trolling; prior bans for concern trolling around BLM, dismissing concerns around sexism, and downplaying defenders of gamergate
[close]

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37911 on: February 20, 2021, 01:44:20 PM »
kyuuji defends why it's ok to play cyberpunk but not hogwarts

Quote from: Kyuuji
Not sure the "I don't want to discuss it among bigots" line holds up here relative to, say, Cyberpunk. In the latter instance there was content there that was bigoted and it was lapped up by an actively-bigoted crowd because it was harmful. Here the issue is less the content of the game and more helping to prop up adoration and respect for a franchise whose fame and renown is being used to turn public and political perception against the trans community. Not just in terms of game discourse but in terms of real, detrimental effects in real life.

I'm sure you could go to Reddit to discuss the game without people being actively bigoted alongside you. The fear can't be that anyone who plays the game is bigoted because, well, you're looking to discuss it while playing it lol. So it kind of falls apart. It just comes off as a cheap parroted line learned from defences for why CDPR content was allowed. The two aren't comparable in material or consequence.

liking an ip now results in actual real physical harm

Quote from: Kyuuji
So it actually just came down to Reddit styles being too messy for someone to handle discussing a single game there lol. Meanwhile access to healthcare and the ability to freely live as yourself in the world is being blocked, stripped back and made more unsafe through the proliferation of this IP and the actions of its creator.
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37912 on: February 20, 2021, 01:51:27 PM »
Quote from: NekoNeko
Quote from: ArkhamFantasy
-CDPR
-Ubisoft
-Harry Potter

This whole boycotting thing would be much harder if we lost anything of value.

yeah turns out boycotting is really easy when you pick and choose based on if it's already something you like or not

when you just have to see mando and black widow so bad that you look the other way on disney's support of muslim genocide

also why isn't all WB content on the list?  WB own the harry potter license, supporting anything they do helps fund the next harry potter project

johnny depp was in fantastic beasts so you can't support any other films he was in

wait now I'm doing it
This whole boycotting thing would be much harder if we lost anything of value
Uncle

Averon

« Reply #37913 on: February 20, 2021, 02:28:56 PM »
Kyuuji spent months leading up to CP 2077's release railing against it, saying the game's transphobic, implying it puts trans people in danger, and saying CPPR are bigots. Then immediately after the game comes out, she gets it for free, becomes an active member in the OT talking about the game, and even new game plussed it! She did all this while sill being active in the sticky thread they had about CP 2077 still railing against CDPR, CP 2077, and anyone daring to push back against the narrative she and her cohorts built up! She was talking out of both side of her mouth.

In any other sensible community, Kyuuji's credibility should be as valuable as a steaming bowl of crap at this point. Watch as she pull the same shit again with Harry Potter. She's going to be in that game's OT happily talking about the it and enjoying it while outside the OT railing against it. Again being two-faced. Anyone that dares brings up her two-faced nature will get banned, of course, because the mods are idiots who can't (or won't) see how they are being played.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37914 on: February 20, 2021, 02:38:45 PM »
my assumption is kyuuji already isn't a harry potter fan so it's going to be real easy to avoid it, hence trashing it all the more strongly to keep up appearances of a powerful boycotter
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37915 on: February 20, 2021, 02:47:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-current-state-of-twitch-the-official-twitch-gaming-channel-cut-off-the-live-metallica-concert-to-play-8bit-folk-music-to-avoid-dmca.381768/post-59088861

Quote from: elenarie - developer at Dice
If anything, it certainly improved whatever shit those dinosaurs were playing.
I wish people and companies would not use music from shit organisations. Just let them die in the past, like all the rest of the dinosaurs.

People's livelihood is more important than the music that is being played, and anyone that is not compatible with today's reality should be left behind.

Must be salty working message board PR while all the "dinosaurs" do the actual hard work coding and designing games.

What an ageist piece of shit.

Imagine being an EA employee and talking about 'dinosaurs that need to die', or taking the moral high ground on, well, fucking anything game related at all really.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37916 on: February 20, 2021, 02:49:13 PM »
liking an ip now results in actual real physical harm

If questioning orthodoxy wasn't High Treason on Era, it would be real fucking easy to fact check their obviously bullshit copypasta

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37917 on: February 20, 2021, 03:00:11 PM »
anyone that is not compatible with today's reality should be left behind.

Proof EA games are made by AI's

I also like how boycots work now

"Putin arrests Navaly and jails 50 000 protestors"

"Guess I won't be buying his patriotic calendar this year"  :hmph
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 03:05:59 PM by Nintex »
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #37918 on: February 20, 2021, 03:18:48 PM »
my assumption is kyuuji already isn't a harry potter fan so it's going to be real easy to avoid it, hence trashing it all the more strongly to keep up appearances of a powerful boycotter

I could’ve sworn Benji shared a post of hers once where she mentions visiting and spending hundreds of dollars on merch at Hogwarts Land or whatever the fuck it’s called.
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #37919 on: February 20, 2021, 03:20:01 PM »
Boycotting's easy when you employ mental Jiu Jitsu to consume the product anyway.