Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 191640 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #1020 on: September 18, 2020, 03:40:41 PM »
:fbm
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #1021 on: September 18, 2020, 03:45:44 PM »
Finally got a digi edition through the pre-order invite.  :pimp Supposedly PS Plus members will have it delivered by day of launch too.   :playa
Yeah I signed up for this and nothing. Despite being a Playstation cheerleader, PS+ person for years, and having over like 200 PS4 games I never get these PSN deals or whatever.

Don't be a stan kids.
Yeah wtf.  :( It makes no sense how they do their shit.  I'll see REEEEjects posting about random $10-$15 PSN credit emails...  I never get those for some reason, despite being in the same boat as you; Been on PSN since launch PS3, Plus member 99% of the time and purchase all my games through their storefront.   Hopefully you'll be able to snag one sooner rather than later.

Svejk

« Reply #1022 on: September 18, 2020, 03:49:05 PM »
Observer redux coming out in the launch window. Good stuff.
One of many games that would benefit so much more in VR.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1023 on: September 18, 2020, 03:52:42 PM »
I've never gotten a console at launch. Maybe a few months are so after, but never day one. So I think it would be cool to experince that. I also have the money for it now and it wouldn't hurt to purchase it at this moment. But if I don't get it when it comes out or soon after I don't think I will really miss much. Yeah Demon Souls looks great, but to be honest I've never liked much of the Souls games before BB. Spider-man would be cool and I'd probably wait till I could play it on PS5. But I mean Cyperpunk and co will also be out so there's still plenty of other things to play.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #1024 on: September 18, 2020, 03:53:42 PM »
Got the $499 version through Sony.

:tocry

Bebpo

« Reply #1025 on: September 18, 2020, 04:15:31 PM »
I've never gotten a console at launch. Maybe a few months are so after, but never day one. So I think it would be cool to experince that. I also have the money for it now and it wouldn't hurt to purchase it at this moment. But if I don't get it when it comes out or soon after I don't think I will really miss much. Yeah Demon Souls looks great, but to be honest I've never liked much of the Souls games before BB. Spider-man would be cool and I'd probably wait till I could play it on PS5. But I mean Cyperpunk and co will also be out so there's still plenty of other things to play.

Honestly, my favorite part of new systems from Japanese developers is that like 50% of the system is a mystery at launch. Because they never explain all the little settings and options and weird shit it can do. So going through a mysterious new box for a few days testing stuff out is a lot of fun and exciting.

Will be fun messing around with PS4 titles and boost mode and stuff and seeing what benefits and what doesn't for instance among what I'm sure will be many other things.

I quantify Japanese developed hardware because western hardware tends to be a lot better at communicating prior to launch detailed notes on everything whereas Japanese stuff is just like "GOOD LUCK. ENJOY!"

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1026 on: September 18, 2020, 05:06:21 PM »
What I want to know is if with PS4 BC will I be able to plug in my external HDD I use currently. So that I don’t have to waste SSD space on PS4 games.

Bebpo

« Reply #1027 on: September 18, 2020, 05:56:49 PM »
What I want to know is if with PS4 BC will I be able to plug in my external HDD I use currently. So that I don’t have to waste SSD space on PS4 games.

Cerny said as much in the original Road to PS5 presentation.

I swear Cerny is the only one at Sony who talks about nerd stuff. Good on him for communicating this stuff.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1028 on: September 19, 2020, 12:14:48 AM »
I've never gotten a console at launch.
Only console I decided to get on launch day was Xbox 360... you'll never guess what happened next!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Went through 4 red ringed ones.  :stahp
[close]

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #1029 on: September 19, 2020, 12:56:00 AM »
Sucked off a hobo to get a pre-order and I don't even know why
A remaster of a ps3 game?
An overpriced dlc to a qte fest?
A demolition derbyish game from the team that brought you NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK?
At least now I can yuk it up with the insufferable sony fanbois

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1030 on: September 19, 2020, 01:36:15 AM »
Maybe you just really wanted to suck that hobo dick.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1031 on: September 19, 2020, 01:59:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1307364082341740544

Thank you for all the media attention, we got some more playstations to sell don't worry  :success
🤴

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1032 on: September 19, 2020, 02:03:25 PM »
Imagine you just sucked a hobo dick for nothing

paprikastaude

« Reply #1033 on: September 19, 2020, 02:10:38 PM »
Meanwhile, MS has already given up :goldberg

Svejk

« Reply #1034 on: September 19, 2020, 02:43:11 PM »

Svejk

« Reply #1035 on: September 19, 2020, 03:57:12 PM »
Just noticed that the end of the trailer, Astro's in the PS2 main menu.  :aweshum

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1036 on: September 19, 2020, 06:18:46 PM »
MS whole ballgame is to get people that buy the $500 PlayStation 5 to subscribe for 25 or 35 a month for an Xbox and GamePass.
But that only works if Sony plays ball and is a far cry from the 12TF most powerful console biggest year of Xbox ever strategy.

I'm getting the same vibe from a lot of long time Xbox fans who are upgrading their PC first with the RTX 3080 or are switching to PS5 because that's where their friends are.
Limited PS5 and RTX 3080 stock will probably help save the Xbox Series X launch.
🤴

nudemacusers

« Reply #1037 on: September 19, 2020, 08:24:40 PM »
thankfully all of my friends have good taste and would never buy a machine as ugly as the ps5.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1038 on: September 19, 2020, 09:18:07 PM »
Nobody has major games for their launch, nobody is ready, but MS and Sony are both stubborn and releasing now in the middle of a pandemic cause 'it's time'.  :doge
Hi

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1039 on: September 19, 2020, 09:39:04 PM »

OH!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1040 on: September 19, 2020, 10:06:27 PM »
©@©™

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #1041 on: September 19, 2020, 11:09:09 PM »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1042 on: September 19, 2020, 11:13:26 PM »
It really just looks like they put some plastic sheets that a 5 year old cut over a grill PS3.

So ugly.

Don’t think the launch line up is bad though.

Svejk

« Reply #1043 on: September 19, 2020, 11:45:23 PM »
Ugly or no, this shit is too big to sit in place where my ps4 is, so it'll be behind the TV where I won't see it anyway.  Problem solved.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #1044 on: September 20, 2020, 12:15:23 AM »
Honestly, it looks like Sony couldn't settle on a console design so they put a bunch of rejected prototypes in a hat and picked one at random.

still hyped tho.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1045 on: September 20, 2020, 05:01:46 AM »
Sony is acting really pathetic
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1046 on: September 20, 2020, 05:55:18 AM »
They wanted something so thicc that you couldn't even fit another console in your setup
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1047 on: September 20, 2020, 06:02:58 AM »
Sony is acting really pathetic
Nah sony is just pissed that MS announces next gen too early, which cuts off the legs of the current machines and forces Sony to fast track their own plans. Then when launch day approaches MS has jack shit and goes "oopsie we love all gaming!" while previously mocking the competition.

Without Project Scarlett scheduled for holiday 2020 in the summer of 2019, Sony would've probably released PlayStation 5 in 2021. PS4 Pro still had some mileage left and UE5 isn't ready but MS forced everyone to pull the trigger.
🤴

mormapope

« Reply #1048 on: September 20, 2020, 07:19:52 AM »
Yes, Sony is pissed their console is ending up sold out globally.  :brain
 :brain  :brain
OH!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1049 on: September 20, 2020, 07:28:30 AM »
No, Sony just won last generation and now they think their shit doesn't stink.

Same shit always happens after a generational win, look at xbox 360 and how they acted with the launch of the Xbone.

That's why Sony is acting pathetic and Xbox is trying hard to win hearts and minds.
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1050 on: September 20, 2020, 08:32:11 AM »
Yes, Sony is pissed their console is ending up sold out globally.  :brain
 :brain  :brain
Look at the poll on TheBore.com, Sony's in BIG trouble.

paprikastaude

« Reply #1051 on: September 20, 2020, 08:39:33 AM »
Nobody has major games for their launch, nobody is ready, but MS and Sony are both stubborn and releasing now in the middle of a pandemic cause 'it's time'.  :doge

The PS5 first year has a better lineup than like the entire first half of the PS4 life cycle and it is sold out.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 10:37:41 AM by Spieler1 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1052 on: September 20, 2020, 10:25:01 AM »
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1053 on: September 20, 2020, 11:03:42 AM »
I have decided that the high collar coat is just there to make it look smaller than it is. Fucking thing is massive.

Trent Dole

« Reply #1054 on: September 20, 2020, 04:38:26 PM »

The PS5 first year has a better lineup than like the entire first half of the PS4 life cycle and it is sold out.
Yeah that's great but I said 'launch' not 'year one'. What is there for the launch? :doge
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #1055 on: September 20, 2020, 05:43:29 PM »

Yeah that's great but I said 'launch' not 'year one'. What is there for the launch? :doge

Idk, the only things announced for first year so far that aren't launch are what? Ratchet, GT7, Horizon 2 and GoW2 (last one is probably not gonna make 2021). Vs. Demon Souls, Astrobot  and Spider-Man 1.5? Launch is pretty solid. It's no Dreamcast (a new Soul Calibur for launch would've been nice, or any fighter with nice graphics), and it's no PSP launch (needs Wipeout/Lumines equivalent) but I'd say it's somewhere in the top 5 launch lineups.

If it had a good arcade racer + good fighter + good puzzle game it'd be perfect.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1056 on: September 20, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »
I'd say it's somewhere in the top 5 launch lineups.

:cmonson

It has a port-up of a game from 2009 and a Spider-Man half-sequel, also releasing on PS4, as its big selling points.  Maybe Destruction All-Stars will be OK?  Nobody seems to care.  Is Astrobot even a "real " game is it or more of a tech demo?  And then the rest are games coming out on everything.  Doesn't scream "top five" to me IMO.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1057 on: September 20, 2020, 06:31:52 PM »
Don't really understand a lot of the criticism. At the end of the day Sony just looks like it's continuing what has worked with the PS4. Strong first party single player games and small other niche games in between. I mean you can dumb it down, but Spider-man and Demon Souls are really strong titles to have right from the begining. What was the big Sony first party on PS4? Killzone? I'll take a "port-up" that looks amazing graphically over that. I'd also rather play a "half-sequel" to a pretty good game whose PS5 footage has looked great. At the end of the day you are either onboard with what Sony has been doing since the PS3's mid life or you aren't. There's really nothing else to be said here as this is the formula and niche Sony has really taken over. What does the competition have? Nothing? Oh Gamepass, so games I can already play. And if you're one of those people that has moved unto PC, why even care whats going on in the console space?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1058 on: September 20, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »
I agree that the first party launch line-up is better than most recent generations.
Out of all systems released during the last decade I think only the Switch had a really great launch game with Zelda BOTW.

Xbox One had Forza and Ryse I think, which were both decent. PS4 had Killzone and Knack.

Ratchet will probably hit early next year, so you're looking at a decent 'launch window'.
Could've certainly been better (especially on the third party side, with nothing from Namco for example) but overall not that bad.

As for Top 5? Platform makers used to drop iconic games on day one. But not anymore.

Nintendo 64: Super Mario 64
SNES: Super Mario World / F-Zero
Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure / Soulcalibur
OG Xbox: HALO / PGR
Xbox 360: Kameo / PGR3 / COD2
Wii: Zelda Twilight Princess
GameCube: Luigi's Mansion / Rogue Leader

Not seeing where I could squeeze PS5 into the top 5. But compared to PS4 and PS3 it's quite a nice line-up.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 06:51:06 PM by Nintex »
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #1059 on: September 20, 2020, 06:56:22 PM »

It has a port-up of a game from 2009 and a Spider-Man half-sequel, also releasing on PS4, as its big selling points.  Maybe Destruction All-Stars will be OK?  Nobody seems to care.  Is Astrobot even a "real " game is it or more of a tech demo?  And then the rest are games coming out on everything.  Doesn't scream "top five" to me IMO.

:gurl

In a time where fanboys want to cream themselves over jokes like Mario ROMs and "HD versions" of already HD-games, DeS with maybe the best console graphics we have seen rn is more than a port-up.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1060 on: September 20, 2020, 07:01:51 PM »

:gurl

In a time where fanboys want to cream themselves over jokes like Mario ROMs and "HD versions" of already HD-games, DeS with maybe the best console graphics we have seen rn is more than a port-up.

Things have really gone downhill if a prettied-up version of an almost 11 year-old game makes for "one of the best console launches of all time." 

:idont

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1061 on: September 20, 2020, 07:10:04 PM »
Don't really understand a lot of the criticism. At the end of the day Sony just looks like it's continuing what has worked with the PS4. Strong first party single player games and small other niche games in between. I mean you can dumb it down, but Spider-man and Demon Souls are really strong titles to have right from the begining. What was the big Sony first party on PS4? Killzone? I'll take a "port-up" that looks amazing graphically over that. I'd also rather play a "half-sequel" to a pretty good game whose PS5 footage has looked great. At the end of the day you are either onboard with what Sony has been doing since the PS3's mid life or you aren't. There's really nothing else to be said here as this is the formula and niche Sony has really taken over. What does the competition have? Nothing? Oh Gamepass, so games I can already play.

Yes, the PS4 launch sucked- that's a mistake I don't want to repeat and why I'm not buying a PS5 right now.  I just don't see what it's launching with as "gotta buy awesome" is all.  Especially when Sony dropped the bombshell that some of their upcoming games, including Miles, are going to be on PS4 too.  Yeah, it's going to run and look better on PS5.  But it also means I don't need to fork out $400-$500+ for a new console and can wait to see how things turn out later on.

I think both new console launches are lackluster as hell and as aready discussed, it's probably due to 'rona.  Xbox doesn't have anything big, but damn is Gamepass a hell of a deal.  I think they have the better launch console because of that alone.

And if you're one of those people that has moved unto PC, why even care whats going on in the console space?

Because I like games and am down to play whatever looks interesting to me on whatever platforms they might come out on.  It's just that right now I don't think this is worth it, but am still interested in seeing what's up and what others think about it.  You know, discussion board stuff.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1062 on: September 20, 2020, 07:13:32 PM »
I agree that the first party launch line-up is better than most recent generations.
Out of all systems released during the last decade I think only the Switch had a really great launch game with Zelda BOTW.

Xbox One had Forza and Ryse I think, which were both decent. PS4 had Killzone and Knack.

Ratchet will probably hit early next year, so you're looking at a decent 'launch window'.
Could've certainly been better (especially on the third party side, with nothing from Namco for example) but overall not that bad.

As for Top 5? Platform makers used to drop iconic games on day one. But not anymore.

Nintendo 64: Super Mario 64
SNES: Super Mario World / F-Zero
Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure / Soulcalibur
OG Xbox: HALO / PGR
Xbox 360: Kameo / PGR3 / COD2
Wii: Zelda Twilight Princess
GameCube: Luigi's Mansion / Rogue Leader

Not seeing where I could squeeze PS5 into the top 5. But compared to PS4 and PS3 it's quite a nice line-up.

I think it's been mostly portables that have had the best launches and it's been a while since a game console launched with a number of awesome games.  It's unfair to put some of them up there that launched in different countries at different times, like the Dreamcast- came out in '98 with Virtua Fighter 3tb and kusoge stuff.  Sonic didn't come out for a few months and then there were a trickle of titles every few months.  Soul Calibur didn't drop until July or August of '99, IIRC.  Obviously the American/European launches benefited from the wait.
ど助平

Let's Cyber

« Reply #1063 on: September 20, 2020, 07:34:01 PM »
Most console launches are bad, especially in terms of exclusives the last 20 or so years tbh.

The days of an awesome Mario game at launch or even a Halo like OGXBox are long gone. PS2 was one of the best consoles ever and it's launch lineup was below average. Nintendo of late as just been holding off the latest Zelda til the launch of it's new console and porting it over (TP, BotW). PS4 and Xbox One? Mostly bad, tons of cross-gen and yearly sports titles. 360 and PS3? Mostly bad, tons of cross-gen and yearly sports titles.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1064 on: September 20, 2020, 07:36:38 PM »
PS5 launch lineup is okay, not great, and that’s alright because Sony has never had a killer launch lineup; that’s something they still haven’t managed to copy from Nintendo  :)

Or Sega  :-\

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1065 on: September 20, 2020, 07:40:41 PM »
I think the launch is pretty good. Espically with the reality of game development and just 2020 in general. This is'nt the PS2 gen were games take 1-1.5 years to make. This is the HD4k era where even a car destruction derby game probably took like 3+ years to make. In general the number of games that come out is down. So I think it's pretty great you even have strong a few strong titles for launch. And if things like Ratchet, GoW, and Horizon 2 come out next year that's pretty impressive.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1066 on: September 20, 2020, 09:48:14 PM »
...the big first party titles are an asset reuse from a game that's like a coupleish years old an an (admittedly gorgeous) remastered port of an 11 year old game

This is not an impressive launch (yet somehow more impressive than MS, even if they'd had Halo ready :teehee )
yar

Trent Dole

« Reply #1067 on: September 20, 2020, 10:17:35 PM »
Nobody should be launching this year but here we are anyway. :yeshrug
Hi

paprikastaude

« Reply #1068 on: September 20, 2020, 10:19:02 PM »
Most console launches are bad, especially in terms of exclusives the last 20 or so years tbh.

The days of an awesome Mario game at launch or even a Halo like OGXBox are long gone. PS2 was one of the best consoles ever and it's launch lineup was below average. Nintendo of late as just been holding off the latest Zelda til the launch of it's new console and porting it over (TP, BotW). PS4 and Xbox One? Mostly bad, tons of cross-gen and yearly sports titles. 360 and PS3? Mostly bad, tons of cross-gen and yearly sports titles.

Seriously  :lol There's been no launch without cross-gen for like two decades. Or you get fucking Nintendogs and "next gen" TLoU that's in reality the same game. I wish I could get excited like in the Super Nintendo days and Silent Hill was real and bc went back to PS1, but realistically this is as good as it can get after the year 2001. And obviously for a launch I will still consider what's specifically slated for the upcoming year.

I'm most likely not getting it day1, but with DeS, Astro and Sackboy there's already 3 Sony games I might pick up later - that's usually the amount of PS 1st party I buy over an entire generation.  :doge  Maybe they all all suck, but right now I'd think something like Astro is still a better pack-in than your usual Faceraiders or Nintendoland. :doge Also I'm no fan of the other Sony IP, but it's crazy what they get out, even if that Spiderman for the casuals is DLC. Still got like five other big 1st party IPs in the near future. Then there's RE8, FF16, Ghostwire, Kena, etc. They have all the mainstream big hitters, but also enough for niche nerds, to the point I will get this way sooner than any other PS. No idea what people think would have improved if they waited out.
:comeon
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 10:28:55 PM by Spieler1 »

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1069 on: September 20, 2020, 10:31:19 PM »
breath of the wild was a pretty incredible launch title, however it was also cross gen, there were massive performance issues and there wasn't anything else decent for a while. i played zelda on wii u before i ever played it on switch because it ran better on that system at launch  :lol

im not saying ps5 launch is great, but er, it's absolutely fine and for most, there will be enough to keep people interested. that ps+ collection will keep me occupied between deso sessions for quite a while having skipped the previous gen mostly.
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #1070 on: September 20, 2020, 10:43:45 PM »

Well I meant like #5 or something because most launches are pretty bad and it's definitely not top tier launch lineup. I'll rephrase that to somewhere between top#6-10 in launch line up histories.

Also I don't care if a game is available elsewhere (does anyone care about the PS4 version of Miles?) or a remaster or whatever. If Nintendo launched with a modern day 4k amazing next-gen graphics remake of Zelda OoT with their next system, people would be say it had a good launch game.

Astrobot is who knows, but it's very good franchise so it could be good. Sackboy could be solid platformer too + the 3rd party launch titles.

I don't think they've even revealed the <$20 or less indie/smaller team games at launch. I'm assuming there will be some of those too like Super Stardust and stuff.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1071 on: September 20, 2020, 10:46:18 PM »
Yeah I don't really care if Demon Souls is a remake of an older games or miles is a port-up. I don't see the point of trying to diminish those games. They look great and I want to play them and they are on PS5. So I want a PS5. It's as simple as that.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1072 on: September 20, 2020, 10:50:50 PM »
demon's souls was never released outside the ps3 and it's 11 years old. i guarantee you there's plenty of people out there looking forward to it that haven't played it before.

still not the same as some cool 10/10 brand new launch title but i'm sure it's something that a ton of people are looking forward to.
pcp

naff

« Reply #1073 on: September 20, 2020, 11:01:03 PM »
deso is one of the best launch titles ever tbh. up there with thunder force 2, wipeout and halo for me. i've never had a nintendo system at launch and i can only imagine how mindblowing sm64 was at the time. my first 3d mario was sunshine  8)
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #1074 on: September 20, 2020, 11:33:18 PM »
If I hadn't just gotten into BallisticNG I'd be pretty pissed at no Wipeout and again fuck Sony for killing Liverpool.

...but I'm pretty good on Wipeout atm thanks to BallisticNG. Still would like a quality arcade racer although I'm hearing that Inertial Drift is the new Ridge Racer, so once I play that maybe I'm ok on arcade racers atm.

naff

« Reply #1075 on: September 20, 2020, 11:35:54 PM »
As much as I loved wipeout hd eventually, i think the series kinda killed itself. Progression was really boring and repetitive.

Mario Kart realised you need better track diversity and to allow the faster races up front. Imagine having to go through 50cc to get 100 to get 150 to get 200 etc
◕‿◕

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1076 on: September 20, 2020, 11:51:29 PM »
Well I meant like #5 or something because most launches are pretty bad and it's definitely not top tier launch lineup. I'll rephrase that to somewhere between top#6-10 in launch line up histories.

I guess you must really like Demon's Souls?  Because I don't know if I'd say that either.  But I'm not big on Souls games.

Also I don't care if a game is available elsewhere (does anyone care about the PS4 version of Miles?) or a remaster or whatever. If Nintendo launched with a modern day 4k amazing next-gen graphics remake of Zelda OoT with their next system, people would be say it had a good launch game.

Yes, people care about the PS4 versions of Miles and Horizon Forbidden West.  Not everyone is able to go drop money on a new game console whenever they want to and Sony has recognized this.  It's a good thing, especially with them saying that you can 'upgrade' to the PS5 versions later on.  That said, it diminishes the platform's big exclusive games, which as of right now are Demon's Souls (sort of?) and Ratchet & Clank. 

I'd be right there saying the same thing about a new Nintendo system if their big launch game was a Zelda OOT port-up with nothing added but improved visuals.

:goldberg
Astrobot is who knows, but it's very good franchise so it could be good. Sackboy could be solid platformer too + the 3rd party launch titles.

Sackboy is another game also on PS4- forget Miles, I'd be asking if anyone cared about that one on PS4.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 11:56:33 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1077 on: September 20, 2020, 11:53:39 PM »
Yeah I don't really care if Demon Souls is a remake of an older games or miles is a port-up. I don't see the point of trying to diminish those games. They look great and I want to play them and they are on PS5. So I want a PS5. It's as simple as that.

I don't think these games look bad.  I just don't think what they're offering is top-tier launch material and I do think that if the pandemic never happened, things might look different.  That's it.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1078 on: September 21, 2020, 12:10:25 AM »
Well then I gotta ask you, what do you think would be top tier launch material? What do you expect from a launch?

Blast Factor
Call of Duty 3
Genji: Days of the Blade
Madden NFL 07
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
NBA 07
NBA 2K7
Need for Speed Carbon
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tony Hawk’s Project 8
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
I mean I bolded Sony's games, but outside of Genji I've never played any of them. I don't think Genji is even good let alone a good looking game outside of some of the fire effects. I know people liked Resistance, but I played it a few years later and not only did I think it was ugly, I also felt it wasn't even ok for a console FPS. The rest of the offering seem pretty comparable to what PS5 will have.

Angry Birds Star Wars
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Blacklight: Retribution
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Contrast
DC Universe Online
FIFA 14
Flower
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Resogun
Skylanders Swap Force
Sound Shapes
Super Motherload
The PlayRoom (Installed on every PS4)
Trine 2: The Complete Story
Warframe
Honestly this is a lot of meh to me. The game I played the most here was Battlefield. I will say Killzone was and still is a great looking game. I'm not sure PS5 has something that says next gen like that game.

Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
Astro’s Playroom (Installed on every PS5)
Demon’s Souls (Remake)
Destiny 2: Beyond Light
Destruction All-Stars
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
Godfall
Observer: System Redux
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Destruction All Stars
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Not as big obviously and more could be announced. But I don't know man, I feel like the gaming community is more hyped for Spider-man and Demon souls than then they were for first party offerings of the other two. 

mormapope

« Reply #1079 on: September 21, 2020, 12:26:08 AM »
Most of the hype surrounding the PS4 was about messaging, pricing, and it being a dedicated videogame console. $399.99, used games, games being the focal point behind the console's existence, that was a lot of momentum for launch. Especially compared to Microsoft, which nearly killed the Xbox brand in the span of months.

Next gen for Sony and Microsoft is a very similar roadmap with Microsoft investing in more cutting edge software for game playing and distribution (xcloud and Game Pass), and Sony investing more into first party software.

The PS5 launch is the best Playstation launch regarding software (not
a hard feat) . 2021 will be very interesting for both new consoles regarding what comes out when.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 12:33:17 AM by mormapope »
OH!