Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 192844 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #840 on: September 16, 2020, 05:01:07 PM »
Keighley is saying Demon Souls is a launch game
What

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #841 on: September 16, 2020, 05:01:55 PM »
So how is the digital $399 ps5 different from the $299 lower tier that leaked for xbox?

Same gpu on the digital version as the regular PS Cinco, not gimped.

Gotcha, thank you. I didnt realize microsoft was fracturing their userbase right outta the gate, interesting strategy
jon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #842 on: September 16, 2020, 05:02:34 PM »
FFXVI- also on PC
Demon's Souls- also on PC
Spider-Man Miles Morales- also on PS4

Thanks for saving me money, Sony!
:rejoice
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #843 on: September 16, 2020, 05:05:16 PM »
That was a great showing.

Ok sure bud seems Im talking to a Sony plant here without a :brain
Nope, just talking to someone who dosen't want to hate everything.

No, you obviously have no clue about what Gamepass offers so you try to shit on it instead by saying they have no games.
I have Xbox Live Ultimate. So I have Gamepass on pc and console. Gamepass has only been worthwhile two times. When I wanted to try out Outer Worlds and Gears 5. Two games I don’t care about. Gamepass does nothing for me because I’m not going to wait a year for say FFXV or DMCV to come to it. No I’m intersted in those games so I get them when they come out. Oh boy years later Yakuza 0 is on Gamepass. A game I beat years ago. So it’s really just MS first party which is pretty mediocre at best. And the developers they bought are pretty meh on average. So I don’t care about what MS does. I have an Xbox One X. They did jack shit with it.

In 40 mins Sony had a show with a new FF that looked promising. Great looks at big first year titles like Demon Souls and Spider-man. Nice other reveals like Harry Potter( it was leaked before so?). And the promise of a new sequel in GoW. In 40 mins it was basicly “yep the PS4 style is continuing”.

If your not into that that’s your deal. But this was an excellent showing for anyone who has liked the PS4.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #844 on: September 16, 2020, 05:06:29 PM »
FFXVI- also on PC
Demon's Souls- also on PC
Spider-Man Miles Morales- also on PS4

Thanks for saving me money, Sony!
:rejoice
This confirmed? Megaton.
Holy shit thank you Sony, i'm fully investing in a GPU then.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #845 on: September 16, 2020, 05:07:34 PM »
The Series S seems like a bit of a waste now. Who the fuck would keep 100$ for a console that can only play XONE games day one, and not as well as the ONE X?

What a joke.

The Series S is already a disaster imo. It's not only holding back next gen, but it's a useless machine.
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #846 on: September 16, 2020, 05:08:44 PM »

I'm sorry my dude but how was this a great showing? 99% of these games have been shown before

Rahx is... well, he likes what he likes. I don't get it but

:yeshrug
Yeah it’s so odd that I like FF one of the longest running and biggest Japanese series. And that I like that it looks like the new one is in line with XIV, one of the most praised installments in the series.

It’s so odd!

It’s so confusing that someone likes popular things and consoles that are the next one from the most popular modern console. Can’t understand that!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #847 on: September 16, 2020, 05:10:08 PM »

Ok sure bud seems Im talking to a Sony plant here without a :brain
Nope, just talking to someone who dosen't want to hate everything.

No, you obviously have no clue about what Gamepass offers so you try to shit on it instead by saying they have no games.
I have Xbox Live Ultimate. So I have Gamepass on pc and console. Gamepass has only been worthwhile two times. When I wanted to try out Outer Worlds and Gears 5. Two games I don’t care about. Gamepass does nothing for me because I’m not going to wait a year for say FFXV or DMCV to come to it. No I’m intersted in those games so I get them when they come out. Oh boy years later Yakuza 0 is on Gamepass. A game I beat years ago. So it’s really just MS first party which is pretty mediocre at best. And the developers they bought are pretty meh on average. So I don’t care about what MS does. I have an Xbox One X. They did jack shit with it.

In 40 mins Sony had a show with a new FF that looked promising. Great looks at big first year titles like Demon Souls and Spider-man. Nice other reveals like Harry Potter( it was leaked before so?). And the promise of a new sequel in GoW. In 40 mins it was basicly “yep the PS4 style is continuing”.

If your not into that that’s your deal. But this was an excellent showing for anyone who has liked the PS4.

I liked the PS4 well enough but I didn't see anything that wowed me at any point at ALL.

No new gameplay ideas, nothing new except a shiny coat of graphics. And even that coat isn't that shiny.

No instead we get quicktime events in Spiderman. Rofl.

Sorry to hear Gamepass hasn't offered you anything interesting. To me on PC with games like Wasteland 3, MS Flight Sim, and generally a bunch of great indie games coming to the platform I think it offers a lot better deal than this new PS+ thing.

And how does the new FF look anything like XIV?

The new game looks like a totally action based combat game. Nothing in the way of RPG.
What

Svejk

« Reply #848 on: September 16, 2020, 05:11:21 PM »
Keighley is saying Demon Souls is a launch game
Gosh I hope so.  All my focus is on that game right now.  Everything else can suck it... .... except Cyberpunk...

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #849 on: September 16, 2020, 05:11:30 PM »
FF16 apparently a moneyhatted exclusive to nobody's surprise
fat

thetylerrob

« Reply #850 on: September 16, 2020, 05:11:32 PM »
I hope we don't have to wait a whole year for FF16 and Demon's Souls on PC. I might cave if it's a year wait for those. Otherwise nothing else I'm interested in besides God of War I guess.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #851 on: September 16, 2020, 05:12:24 PM »

I'm sorry my dude but how was this a great showing? 99% of these games have been shown before

Yeah it’s so odd that I like FF one of the longest running and biggest Japanese series. And that I like that it looks like the new one is in line with XIV, one of the most praised installments in the series.

It’s so odd!

It’s so confusing that someone likes popular things and consoles that are the next one from the most popular modern console. Can’t understand that!
It does look like an offline MMO. :teehee

Bebpo

« Reply #852 on: September 16, 2020, 05:17:47 PM »
Was busy with work and forgot about this.

Saw the Nov 12th launch date and price and pre-orders tomorrow (hopefully Amazon and it doesn't sell out in 12 seconds).

What's the tl;dr on what else was announced?

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #853 on: September 16, 2020, 05:18:26 PM »
mmarsu, you can tilt at the windmill of Rahx's taste or just accept that he's, like, this weird xillenial that likes what he likes. I gave up long ago trying to make sense of it and just sort of let him be wrong constantly, it's fiiiiiiiiiiiine honestly.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:28:17 PM by Human Snorenado »
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #854 on: September 16, 2020, 05:22:10 PM »
What's the tl;dr on what else was announced?

-Spider-Man Miles Morales is cross-gen and will be on PS4
-Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition at launch (also on XBox and likely PC)
-Harry Potter Hogwarts Legacy coming out on PS4/PS5/XB1/XS/PC
-Final Fantasy XVI will be coming out on PS5 and PC
-Demon's Souls will be released on PC and (it appears) XBox later on
-More footage of Deathloop, CoD, RE8, and some other stuff shown
-Teaser for new God Of War in 2021
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #855 on: September 16, 2020, 05:23:13 PM »
I don’t know what you are expecting form the first year of a new console. You people always complain about not seeing new ideas from trailers that are no longer than 5 mins. And if that’s your complaint (which is pretty reductive anyway) then I’m not sure how your happy with anything. Even in the showing you had things like FFXVI and REVIII that are taking long running series in new directions. Some times you people just need to admit you don’t like anything.

And how’s does XVI not give off XIV vibes? The art direction, character design, armor, writing, story, and even look of the character models all give off Hevansword vibes. If you don’t think so you haven’t played the game simple as that.

Bebpo

« Reply #856 on: September 16, 2020, 05:23:17 PM »
Wow, FFXVI trailer is the least interesting/exciting looking mainline FF announcement I've seen. Ugh, the art style looks A LOT like FFXV/Kingsglaive, especially the summons. Also looks like The Witcher....

But hopefully it'll be a good game since FFXIV team and all.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #857 on: September 16, 2020, 05:24:02 PM »
mmarsu, you can til at the windmill of Rahx's taste or just accept that he's, like, this weird xillenial that likes what he likes. I gave up long ago trying to make sense of it and just sort of let him be wrong constantly, it's fiiiiiiiiiiiine honestly.
Quite honestly. You come off as a jaded asshole and you should shut the fuck up.

Wrong about what? That I like things like FF and what PlayStation first party offers? I’m sorry I’m not an asshole like you so I don’t have a stick up my ass and have this delusional pretension like you.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #858 on: September 16, 2020, 05:24:39 PM »
No way Demon Souls comes to Xbox. It will be PC+PS5 only
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #859 on: September 16, 2020, 05:27:10 PM »
Horizon coming to PS4 as well
fat

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #860 on: September 16, 2020, 05:27:23 PM »
I'll wait and see which one does multiplatform games the best, then get a slim redesign for whichever I didn't get at launch.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #861 on: September 16, 2020, 05:28:38 PM »
Honestly, while these PS5 reveals have been pretty 'meh', they still seem a lot more interesting than the early PS4 reveals... come on, people were so desperate back then that they were getting hyped for the new Killzone game :P

Demon's Souls looked very nice, even if I'm not a huge Souls fan. I like the 'idea' of souls more than the actual gameplay I guess. Harry Potter had great gfx but my interest in that series is pretty much nil (even before the transphobia). FF16 looks extremely bland graphically, thought it was an FF14 expansion when I first saw it :P The dev team has some promise and I do like how they're going back to the 'roots' a bit, with the crystals and the main theme, less so interested at it being another action RPG. The real test will be whether or not it has a solid storyline or a bunch of jumbled crap requiring datalog reading and expanded media to even have some semblance of an idea what was going on (hellooooo 13 and 15), and whether or not it'll be a more directed, story-driven game or a bland open world filled with boring sidequests.
^_^

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #862 on: September 16, 2020, 05:30:17 PM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #863 on: September 16, 2020, 05:31:06 PM »

Hahahah what????????????  :lol
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #864 on: September 16, 2020, 05:31:27 PM »

I wonder if it will end up on PS4, too, then?  That "not available on other consoles for a limited time" shown at the end of the trailer has to mean something.
:thinking
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #865 on: September 16, 2020, 05:31:40 PM »
People like you and Human Snoreado.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #866 on: September 16, 2020, 05:32:20 PM »
Time to pick up a PS4 Pro and enjoy next generation  :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #867 on: September 16, 2020, 05:34:12 PM »

Hahahah what????????????  :lol

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we’re happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.
fat

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #868 on: September 16, 2020, 05:34:43 PM »
mmarsu, you can til at the windmill of Rahx's taste or just accept that he's, like, this weird xillenial that likes what he likes. I gave up long ago trying to make sense of it and just sort of let him be wrong constantly, it's fiiiiiiiiiiiine honestly.
Quite honestly. You come off as a jaded asshole and you should shut the fuck up.

Wrong about what? That I like things like FF and what PlayStation first party offers? I’m sorry I’m not an asshole like you so I don’t have a stick up my ass and have this delusional pretension like you.

I am ABSOLUTELY a jaded asshole and will not shut the fuck up. I like plenty of Sony first party shit (Dad of War, Horizon) but you just have different tastes than I do. I know you perceive ANY FUCKING ATTENTION AT ALL as an attack but honestly, I was serious when I was telling mmarsu to just let you be. You're not hurting anyone other than your own eyeballs with your gaming habits, more power to you. Go like your shitty "action" FF, plz enjoy.
yar

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #869 on: September 16, 2020, 05:36:43 PM »
All in all a confident and cool showing from Sony this evening :biden
(ice)

Rahxephon91

« Reply #870 on: September 16, 2020, 05:41:00 PM »

I am ABSOLUTELY a jaded asshole and will not shut the fuck up. I like plenty of Sony first party shit (Dad of War, Horizon) but you just have different tastes than I do. I know you perceive ANY FUCKING ATTENTION AT ALL as an attack but honestly, I was serious when I was telling mmarsu to just let you be. You're not hurting anyone other than your own eyeballs with your gaming habits, more power to you. Go like your shitty "action" FF, plz enjoy.
I know you like to play the “I’m just so above it all card” but your shtick is very annoying. The big difference here is when you offer your opinion, I don’t give a shit. When I offer mine you like to post shit like you did in this thread.

Why don’t you actually act like you talk for once.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #871 on: September 16, 2020, 05:41:58 PM »
yar

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #872 on: September 16, 2020, 05:42:03 PM »
All these Sony fanooks crying about Xbox holding back next gen, just to go full cross gen themselves  :lol

Decent showing though, even with all these none exclusive games, 70 euro games and a price that is pretty much Ps3 price if you don't want to be locked into the shitty psn store

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #873 on: September 16, 2020, 05:42:26 PM »

I know you like to play the “I’m just so above it all card” but your shtick is very annoying. The big difference here is when you offer your opinion, I don’t give a shit. When I offer mine you like to post shit like you did in this thread.

Why don’t you actually act like you talk for once.

ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #874 on: September 16, 2020, 05:45:07 PM »
No

I don’t get why Snorenedo’s smug post. But I guess I should be happy I’m “allowed” to like things he doesn’t?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:29:23 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #875 on: September 16, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »

I wonder if it will end up on PS4, too, then?  That "not available on other consoles for a limited time" shown at the end of the trailer has to mean something.
:thinking

Nintex says it’s coming to switch 2 :rash
(ice)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #876 on: September 16, 2020, 05:45:33 PM »
But how does BC worrrrrrrk I need to play my *checks notes* Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? this is important
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #877 on: September 16, 2020, 05:46:24 PM »
But how does BC worrrrrrrk I need to play my *checks notes* Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? this is important

They are still pretty quiet on this.  :-\
ど助平

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #878 on: September 16, 2020, 05:46:32 PM »
Just think, if rahx gets triggered hard enough he might post a gif of someone else playing the ps5 and claim it’s him :heh

Rahxephon91

« Reply #879 on: September 16, 2020, 05:48:44 PM »
The fact that you keep referencing my bj video means I’ve won.

I’m happy you keep thinking about it. I don’t think about you. It’s nice living rent free in your mind.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #880 on: September 16, 2020, 05:50:26 PM »
That was a solid showing from Snoy but I feel they split this up too much (as did Microsoft).

If they had shown most of this in one go, it would've been really impressive. Like, wow, you guys got Ratchet and Final Fantasy?
Also stop trying to make Death Loop happen, it ain't gonna happen.

399 Euro console is nice but 79,99 Euro games* is some bullshit fine print that probably doesn't translate to retail after launch which instantly makes the PlayStation Thicc the better choice.
*also on PC for 49,99

Also stop being mean to Rhax. It's shit like that which drives people to the Discord lifeboat  :-\
🤴

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #881 on: September 16, 2020, 05:51:15 PM »
Didn’t even see it but it’s funny in a super pathetic way, it’s not how I’d want to be remembered :trumps

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #882 on: September 16, 2020, 05:53:44 PM »
If Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition isn't a DLC add-on for previous owners since it was released last year, I'm gonna be fucking angry.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #883 on: September 16, 2020, 05:54:16 PM »
If Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition isn't a DLC add-on for previous owners since it was released last year, I'm gonna be fucking angry.

Get ready to get angry!
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #884 on: September 16, 2020, 05:55:20 PM »
Yet you keep bringing it up like a pathetic and sad internet troll who has no life. No one will remember you because you’re nothing. Like Jesus dude I don’t know you and you are constantly a little shit. Get a life. I don’t know how I hurt you but get over it.

Your contribution here is simply coming trying to insult me. Nobody cares and you come off as a loser. Move on.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 06:09:18 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Bebpo

« Reply #885 on: September 16, 2020, 05:57:32 PM »
Anything look cool? The only videos I'm finding are FFXVI and Demon Souls. I'm guessing they showed more than that? Also where are the 3rd party launch titles?

I thought they said it was DLC for existing game.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #886 on: September 16, 2020, 05:59:04 PM »
watch the RE8 trailer. looks like they're going for a RE4 vibe.
pcp

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #887 on: September 16, 2020, 05:59:12 PM »
My shtick is fire safety :smug

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #888 on: September 16, 2020, 06:01:20 PM »

Get ready to get angry!

More seriously: Everyone was like "WTF, no playable Vergil?" "It's gonna be SE. :)" are proven right.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #889 on: September 16, 2020, 06:07:40 PM »

It’s so odd!

It does look like an offline MMO. :teehee
The visuals were underwhelming.

But I’m excited because obviously it’s FF. But it already looks to have a different tone  and vibe then the last couple of FF games. The dialogue in the trailer was not too cringy and like XIV. Heavensword had one of the best stories in the series. If they could hit that again that would be great. I also am up for a non nomura FF. I don’t care about the action combat. If it’s good it’s good, but that battle was lost years ago. It could easily be good, VIIR was.

I’m excited because new installments in series I like simply mean chances at new games I’ll like. I also don’t feel I am at all cynical when it comes to games.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #890 on: September 16, 2020, 06:09:59 PM »
in YoshiP we trust.  :salute

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #891 on: September 16, 2020, 06:13:02 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

You probably didn't notice it, but there's actually an Xbox Series S in that gif.

Svejk

« Reply #892 on: September 16, 2020, 06:14:10 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

You probably didn't notice it, but there's actually an Xbox Series S in that gif.
Phil, you sneaky fuck.  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #893 on: September 16, 2020, 06:15:11 PM »
After FF12 there were like 3 junctions any JRPG could take

- Weeb (like Xenoblade 2 after the original)
- Future/Cyberpunk (the direction they took FF13 and FF15 in)
- Western/Fantasy (Witcher, GoT)

FF16 has arrived at that final destination.
After this probably weeb and we've come full circle.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #894 on: September 16, 2020, 06:15:16 PM »
Also the fact that it was a long trailer, with plenty of gameplay, and English voice acting is promising.

It also didn’t look fake.

I also think it will look better with a better quality video.

paprikastaude

« Reply #895 on: September 16, 2020, 06:29:01 PM »
FF16 is hideous. Launch lineup seems good. Won't get it day 1, but down the line I could pick up Astro (obviously) and maybe Demon's and Sackboy.

watch the RE8 trailer. looks like they're going for a RE4 vibe.

RE4 except horror  :hyper

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #896 on: September 16, 2020, 06:31:23 PM »

From the company who brought you:
Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Ultra Street Fighter 4
and made them all brand-new purchases...
^_^

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #897 on: September 16, 2020, 06:33:10 PM »
The visuals were underwhelming.

But I’m excited because obviously it’s FF. But it already looks to have a different tone  and vibe then the last couple of FF games. The dialogue in the trailer was not too cringy and like XIV. Heavensword had one of the best stories in the series. If they could hit that again that would be great. I also am up for a non nomura FF. I don’t care about the action combat. If it’s good it’s good, but that battle was lost years ago. It could easily be good, VIIR was.

I’m excited because new installments in series I like simply mean chances at new games I’ll like. I also don’t feel I am at all cynical when it comes to games.
Far from me trying to diminish your hype.
Personally i find the FFXIV art direction already repulsive, and this one looks like an even blander version of that, with empty generic areas, and bland characters/creatures.
Until we saw the logo, i was kind of hoping it was a sort of spin off of XIV, tbh.

If you compare these visuals with those of FFIX or even XII, the step down in creativity is steep, imo.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #898 on: September 16, 2020, 06:33:30 PM »
Also the fact that it was a long trailer, with plenty of gameplay, and English voice acting is promising.

It also didn’t look fake.

I also think it will look better with a better quality video.

Fuck them for this, they should have shown some bullshit fmv fake shit from ff7 remake 2 instead :biden
(ice)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #899 on: September 16, 2020, 06:34:09 PM »
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/playstation-5-launches-in-november-starting-at-399-for-ps5-digital-edition-and-499-for-ps5-with-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-drive/

PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios

Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
    Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
    Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
    Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
    Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
    Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

Dem prices