Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 191301 times)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Re: Playstation 5 Reveal
« Reply #660 on: June 15, 2020, 07:41:48 PM »
that's clearly achievable. whether devs will put in the effort to do that will be done on a game by game basis.

This thing isn't even pushing a brand-new physical media format :confused

:thinking eh whatchu talking about?

Like the PS3 was. PS3 including one of the first Blu-ray (movie) drives IMO offered way more value at launch, even at $600, than the PS5 does. Cheap 4K Blu-ray players abound, and Blu-ray isn't a brand-new format anymore. The value proposition is way less.

this is a terrible comparison. it would be suicide to try push a new physical media format in this climate, especially silly when you consider that sony have already got what they wanted with 4k blu-ray being the dominant (if under performing) format, and everyone's moving away from physical media. the value is in providing processing power on par with a pc twice the price.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #661 on: June 15, 2020, 07:45:58 PM »
that's if you put the components together yourself too. a pre-built pc with equivalent specs would run you ~2k+. something like $600 just for the gpu

the radeon 5700 xt is prob the best comparison on the market at the moment, and is a gen behind what will be in the series x/ps5
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 07:51:19 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #662 on: June 15, 2020, 08:59:35 PM »
Not every console can be perfectly designed

(Image removed from quote.)

And all you could hear was the prrrr of the disk drive  :heart

:delicious
:tocry

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #663 on: June 16, 2020, 07:45:12 AM »
what % of load times is shuffling raw data from the HDD into the RAM? surely there's a bunch more processes needed to be done if you're loading an entirely new environment that are going to ruin the "no load times ever" dream?
Yeah, some things will have to be resident at all times, too, like certain audio effects, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

They will invariably reach beyond the technology's grasp, but I hope at least some trickery disappears forever before then and isn't brought back because someone wants to load a particularly complex scene or whatever. Like slow walk-and-talks, obscured vistas, squeezing through tight gaps, one-way drops, etc. Reach a new plateau before the one-upping starts.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #664 on: June 16, 2020, 09:35:41 AM »

Svejk

« Reply #665 on: June 16, 2020, 10:10:01 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1272611309641760769
I gotta make a financial plan if i want to order take out, instead of eating frozen broccoli.
To get a PS5, i'll have to organize meetings with the bank.  :doge
Looking that rough at 36, he better start planning his funeral arrangements...   :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #666 on: June 16, 2020, 10:54:25 AM »
I was expecting certain titles like Sekiro, Dark Souls 3, Yakuza 0 or even Def Stranding..  :doge

Hey...you got a PC- all of those are on there.  And run better than the PS4 versions.  :doge

This is your time to make the switch
:rejoice
Spend over $1000 to reach "next-gen" levels only to buy those games all over again.   :fbm  With children invested in my PS library now, I might be in a hole I can't dig myself out of...
My work PC has a decent card, but it's still putting along with an i3.  :-\  Upgrading that alone will be at least $200ish..

Unless I win some sort of lotto.  :money

They're cheaper on PC.   :P   In all seriousness, it would benefit you a lot more because of the discounted prices alone.  PC game prices are often discounted right at release or go on sale much faster.  I dunno; I mean, nothing is stopping you from keeping your PS4 and then getting new games on PC if you wanted to try that route.  I definitely prefer to get digital games on there over consoles since I don't have to be anywhere near as concerned on whether or not the older games will work or be supported on new hardware, too.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 11:01:17 AM by bork »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #667 on: June 16, 2020, 02:11:05 PM »
I may upgrade my pc Once the new cards come out. My kid is obsessed with roblox and prefers it on PC, so I have a good excuse.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #668 on: June 16, 2020, 02:17:42 PM »

Interesting to see how the PS5/Xbox Series X stack up against the PC.
In general it's equivalent to an R5 3600, 16GB RAM and RTX 2070 (PS5) or RTX 2070S / 2080 (Xbox Series X) with the big unknown being the impact of the high SSD bandwith.

However, at the end DLSS2.0 comes into play again, showing an RTX2060 outperforming the Xbox Series X in Ray-Traced Minecraft.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #669 on: June 16, 2020, 03:18:42 PM »
I was expecting certain titles like Sekiro, Dark Souls 3, Yakuza 0 or even Def Stranding..  :doge

Hey...you got a PC- all of those are on there.  And run better than the PS4 versions.  :doge

Spend over $1000 to reach "next-gen" levels only to buy those games all over again.   :fbm  With children invested in my PS library now, I might be in a hole I can't dig myself out of...
My work PC has a decent card, but it's still putting along with an i3.  :-\  Upgrading that alone will be at least $200ish..

They're cheaper on PC.   :P   In all seriousness, it would benefit you a lot more because of the discounted prices alone.  PC game prices are often discounted right at release or go on sale much faster.  I dunno; I mean, nothing is stopping you from keeping your PS4 and then getting new games on PC if you wanted to try that route.  I definitely prefer to get digital games on there over consoles since I don't have to be anywhere near as concerned on whether or not the older games will work or be supported on new hardware, too.
I mean, I get what you're saying... and I agree for the most part (even though we've literally had this conversation countless times for years and years  :lol)...  There would need to be some serious QOL adjustments made to how I game; PC location (my work location basically),and/or running cables to my big TV in the living room... I absolutely can not game at a desk on a monitor.  I do too much work at one on a daily basis... I need to lounge when I game.. no question.  But I can't move my work PC over there...     unless I'm going for a complete new build to invest in...  I can't justify that purchase at a one time price (or even monthly payments), all the while, still needing a 4K display... On the Sony route though, I'm willing to take my chance that they won't back out of some form of BC moving forward.. Any PS1-3 game I would consider playing again anyway, I can find the game for free on the information super hwy and play on an emu with better settings than a standard BC would allow, so... I dunno.  I don't want to sound like a fanboy, or be packed full of excuses (which I technically am), but there's a lot of gray area that stands out to me still.

TL;DR - I have a lot to consider if going that route...

paprikastaude

« Reply #670 on: June 16, 2020, 03:26:31 PM »
tbf Steam sales are way overrated at this point compared to PSN/XBL and even physical discounts. Mabye it gets to the bottom a little quicker, but if I'm not day1-ing, then I don't care if it takes 1 year or 1 year and a half. There's more opportunity to get free shit on PC, but then again, I don't think I really ever touched any of the stuff that gets thrown at me.

BisMarckie

« Reply #671 on: June 16, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »
tbf Steam sales are way overrated at this point compared to PSN/XBL and even physical discounts. Mabye it gets to the bottom a little quicker, but if I'm not day1-ing, then I don't care if it takes 1 year or 1 year and a half. There's more opportunity to get free shit on PC, but then again, I don't think I really ever touched any of the stuff that gets thrown at me.

Yeah, there has been stuff on my wishlist for years because the price never got to the point I was willing to pay.
People who champion steam sales forget that it's the publisher who determines the price not the marketplace and they don't care whether they sell a copy on PSN or steam. The only thing steam has going for it is to get some decent games in a bundle, but that's a year+ after release most of the time.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #672 on: June 16, 2020, 03:37:03 PM »
tbf Steam sales are way overrated at this point compared to PSN/XBL and even physical discounts. There's more opportunity to get free shit on PC, but then again, I don't think I really ever touched any of that shit that was thrown at me.

Agree completely, we're talking a few dollar difference typically with big releases. Indie games are 75%+ all the time.

PC as a platform used to be more alluring due to more niche or hardcore games not possible on consoles, due to hardware limitations or lacking the experience to tailor something for a controller.

Since anything comes out on everything, the main benefit of PC is tinkering with visual and performance settings to tailor to whatever machine you built or bought.

Which, for me and presumably for some here and lots of people elsewhere, don't really care about that aspect of gaming. I don't care about modding, looking up new hardware, installing the new hardware.
OH!

Svejk

« Reply #673 on: June 16, 2020, 03:49:47 PM »
The big thing that lures me into PC the most, is mods..  Modding Skyrim was a life changing experience.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #674 on: June 16, 2020, 05:29:54 PM »

I mean, I get what you're saying... and I agree for the most part (even though we've literally had this conversation countless times for years and years  :lol)...  There would need to be some serious QOL adjustments made to how I game; PC location (my work location basically),and/or running cables to my big TV in the living room... I absolutely can not game at a desk on a monitor.  I do too much work at one on a daily basis... I need to lounge when I game.. no question.  But I can't move my work PC over there...     unless I'm going for a complete new build to invest in...  I can't justify that purchase at a one time price (or even monthly payments), all the while, still needing a 4K display... On the Sony route though, I'm willing to take my chance that they won't back out of some form of BC moving forward.. Any PS1-3 game I would consider playing again anyway, I can find the game for free on the information super hwy and play on an emu with better settings than a standard BC would allow, so... I dunno.  I don't want to sound like a fanboy, or be packed full of excuses (which I technically am), but there's a lot of gray area that stands out to me still.

Boy do I have the application for you

Also unless you're an insane person that wants to blow money out your asshole daily to the tech lords like Bork: You don't need a 4K monitor. FFS, a 1080p monitor will do you fine for work and gaming for a good long while.

BisMarckie

« Reply #675 on: June 16, 2020, 05:32:18 PM »
Steamlink works fine for me, but the lag and the amount of artifacting can vary wildly based on your setup and a dash of randomness.

Svejk

« Reply #676 on: June 16, 2020, 06:15:12 PM »
Boy do I have the application for you

Also unless you're an insane person that wants to blow money out your asshole daily to the tech lords like Bork: You don't need a 4K monitor. FFS, a 1080p monitor will do you fine for work and gaming for a good long while.
If only the Steamlink app was available on PS4.  :heh  I have a 'dumb' TV still, so I would need another device to hook up to it.  The Steamlink hardware is being scalped too high a price now, imo.  Does a roku or some cheap thing like that have it?
Steamlink works fine for me, but the lag and the amount of artifacting can vary wildly based on your setup and a dash of randomness.
Yeah,.. if that didn't bother me, I'd just go with Stadia, lolamiright?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 06:24:15 PM by Svejk »

naff

« Reply #677 on: June 16, 2020, 06:33:16 PM »
u can get steamlink on any android or apple tv afaik
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #678 on: June 16, 2020, 06:36:52 PM »
i've tried both steamlink and nvidia lamestream. having all connections hardwired through a very good, low latency router i still found the motion and response times very janky, and borderline unplayable for anything except casual experiences/turn based rpg fare

Yeah,.. if that didn't bother me, I'd just go with Stadia, lolamiright?

it's still hilarious to me people thought stadia might actually be good
◕‿◕

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #679 on: June 16, 2020, 06:36:55 PM »
Yea but he doesnt have an android or appletv
What

naff

« Reply #680 on: June 16, 2020, 06:39:39 PM »
he asked if a Roku or something equivalently cheap has it
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #681 on: June 16, 2020, 06:50:26 PM »
i actually really enjoyed astro bot rescue mission and lf to playroom  :-[ i dont think just because it was in VR (though that's a big part of it). i thought the style was generic at first, but it felt really creative and was fun as hell to play once i got my hands on it.
◕‿◕

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #682 on: June 17, 2020, 09:46:45 AM »

I know we've talked about this so many times before, yeah, lol.  :lol  I just think with you being 100% digital and liking to go back and play older stuff from 1-2 generations ago, PC makes more sense.  You could consolidate everything you use into just one machine for games, emulation, streaming, etc.  It would be a big change, but you'd be free of being "locked" into the Sony ecosystem and although the hardware you get might cost more depending on what you go with (if you got another PC), it would end up saving you money in the long run due to lower game prices, free games (like actual FREE games from Epic and the like with no sub required), and no subscriptions needed to play games online or get 'Plus' crap.

The difference is that you're not just locked into Steam for games and can also buy Steam or other storefront codes from other sellers.  Green Man Gaming might have a good deal on something that Steam doesn't have on sale, for instance.

My monitor is 2560x1080, bruh.  :doge  He's talking about using a TV anyway and you can get a decent 4K set cheap enough.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #683 on: June 17, 2020, 10:13:23 AM »
I just think with you being 100% digital and liking to go back and play older stuff from 1-2 generations ago, PC makes more sense.
This is mostly only the case when I can have it on my phone basically.. which usually narrows down to either RPG's or point and click style games..
I suppose you saw in the random thread that I tried Sekiro on my work PC and it runs like buttered tits.. I'm starting to consider demo'ing more games on it...  It could be a start to gaining a better PC library.  It'll be a long road for transition.  Definitely not an overnight thing.

Back to PS5 concerns, another thing I'd need to know is if Plex would be available for it immediately... Plex is my primary streaming source/app.  I know that can be remedied easily with a chromecast, roku, whatever,  but it would be awfully convenient if it were available for PS5. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 03:01:37 PM by Svejk »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #684 on: June 17, 2020, 10:29:51 AM »
I just think with you being 100% digital and liking to go back and play older stuff from 1-2 generations ago, PC makes more sense.
This is mostly only the case when I can have it on my phone basically.. which usually narrows down to either RPG's or point and click style games..
I suppose you saw in the random thread that I tried Sekiro on my work PC and it runs like greased tits.. I'm starting to consider demo'ing more games on it...  It could be a start to gaining a better PC library.  It'll be a long road for transition.  Definitely not an overnight thing.

Download the Epic Games Store and start grabbing their free games every week.  :)

Back to PS5 concerns, another thing I'd need to know is if Plex would be available for it immediately... Plex is my primary streaming source/app.  I know that can be remedied easily with a chromecast, roku, whatever,  but it would be awfully convenient if it were available for PS5.

If you think you're gonna get a new TV soon, I'd wait on this, but if not...a Roku is less than $30 and will do all of this stuff.  My experiences with streaming games in general has always been kind of shitty (although trying PS4 to my phone recently worked pretty well), so can't comment on how well Steamlink works.  I have one and never hooked it up (got it for $1!).  Maybe one of these days.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #685 on: June 17, 2020, 11:08:21 AM »
I suppose you saw in the random thread that I tried Sekiro on my work PC and it runs like greased tits.. I'm starting to consider demo'ing more games on it...  It could be a start to gaining a better PC library.  It'll be a long road for transition.  Definitely not an overnight thing.

Download the Epic Games Store and start grabbing their free games every week.  :)
Yes... I should be doing this.  :-[
If you think you're gonna get a new TV soon, I'd wait on this, but if not...a Roku is less than $30 and will do all of this stuff.  My experiences with streaming games in general has always been kind of shitty (although trying PS4 to my phone recently worked pretty well), so can't comment on how well Steamlink works.  I have one and never hooked it up (got it for $1!).  Maybe one of these days.
Yeah... I'd like a new tv... mines been great for the past 9 years, but I'd like a smart tv, bigger screen, and better speakers, 4K...
Trying out on my phone, the Steamlink app worked much smoother than the PS Remote Play app... I don't have the fanciest router though.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #686 on: June 17, 2020, 12:38:15 PM »
That DF video was pretty good. I suspected some RT in those trailers, but with everything moving so fast, I wasn't sure.
TBH i'm not as ecstatic as they are for RT reflections.
I played Control and i would sometimes activate RT (tanking the framerate to single digits) just to see how various areas looked like, and the difference was, usually, underwhelmingly similar.
Seeing some reflections on glass is pretty cool, but not 20fps cool.
Hopefully on console, it doesn't eat too much performance.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #687 on: June 17, 2020, 12:58:48 PM »
I want to see it in a game like Thief where you use the shadows to your advantage.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #688 on: June 17, 2020, 01:22:07 PM »
My 6 year old 47" 1080 Sony has sub 20ms, not going to replace it until it breaks.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #689 on: June 17, 2020, 01:34:57 PM »

:-X :-X :-X :-X

Fuck that. Id rather buy some games for Sevjk
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #690 on: June 17, 2020, 02:22:11 PM »
That DF video was pretty good. I suspected some RT in those trailers, but with everything moving so fast, I wasn't sure.
TBH i'm not as ecstatic as they are for RT reflections.
I played Control and i would sometimes activate RT (tanking the framerate to single digits) just to see how various areas looked like, and the difference was, usually, underwhelmingly similar.
Seeing some reflections on glass is pretty cool, but not 20fps cool.
Hopefully on console, it doesn't eat too much performance.

Reflections are one thing, but the lighting system is where the true potential lies. Though UE5's lighting system is insane without RT.
we've seen some pretty impressive GI solutions without RT (including UE5's, as you mention).
the accurate shadows in Shadow of the Tomb Raider with RTX were great but again, framerate killer.

Ray Tracing is great, but at the hw level consoles are at, and with the demand for 4k on top of that, i dont expect that much aside from very limited use.
im not sure it'll be all that obvious when actually playing.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #691 on: June 17, 2020, 03:34:33 PM »

:-X :-X :-X :-X

Fuck that. Id rather buy some games for Sevjk

I held off on the EGS for the longest time.  Only recently started getting games on it- it's totally fine and I'm not about to miss out on actual free games.  Like, Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection being given away a week before the Steam release for $40?  FUCK YEAH.  Steam is my preferred choice for games, but I will buy stuff I want from EGS now too. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #692 on: June 17, 2020, 03:40:24 PM »
Yeah... I'd like a new tv... mines been great for the past 9 years, but I'd like a smart tv, bigger screen, and better speakers, 4K...

I dunno if "better speakers" and "HDTV" go together.   :P  Would recommend a soundbar.  Even 2.1 is still going to sound 100 times better than what the TV can put out!
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #693 on: June 17, 2020, 04:00:41 PM »
Im all for buying games you want but Im not down for Epic wanting to make the PC platform a closed platform like consoles by snatching up exclusives and having the only way to play them is by going through their store.

Nah, Id rather not play games im interested in in that case. Because I feel like those games are being held hostage on that store until you give in and actually start using it. But nah, im good.
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #694 on: June 17, 2020, 04:10:58 PM »
ok

:idont
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #695 on: June 17, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »
"here have some cool free games"

"no thanks i'd rather make shitty careposts on the internet that no one reads"
pcp

Svejk

« Reply #696 on: June 17, 2020, 04:23:32 PM »

The loading speeds sound too good to be true.   :ohhh

Rahxephon91

« Reply #697 on: June 17, 2020, 05:13:19 PM »
I just hope Horizon 2 isn’t some big Ubisoft like open world game. What I liked about the 1st one was kind of how small it was. How each side thing was 1 of like 100 and were somewhat unique.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:53:05 PM by Rahxephon91 »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #698 on: June 17, 2020, 05:40:19 PM »
"here have some cool free games"

"no thanks i'd rather make shitty careposts on the internet that no one reads"

Hey im fine with other ppl using it but w/e.
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #699 on: June 17, 2020, 05:47:31 PM »
Watched the Ray Tracing vid of digital foundry.

Some impressive implementation, the Capgods of course doing it the best.
Bodes well for the future support of Ray tracing.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #700 on: June 17, 2020, 06:24:06 PM »
I love big Ubisoft like open world games.
Well... they are still making those. Not everything has to be in that mold though.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #701 on: June 17, 2020, 06:29:18 PM »
Watched the Ray Tracing vid of digital foundry.

Some impressive implementation, the Capgods of course doing it the best.
Bodes well for the future support of Ray tracing.

If these game companies had any respect, they’d change the name to Richard Tracing :tocry
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #702 on: June 17, 2020, 06:38:41 PM »
HZD didnt feel like a typical Ubisoft game to me at all

Way too much personality and heart in it for that
What

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #703 on: June 17, 2020, 11:11:37 PM »
HZD didnt feel like a typical Ubisoft game to me at all

Way too much personality and heart in it for that
Couldn't see the heart through the waves of guys I had to mow down before the open world part.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #704 on: June 17, 2020, 11:26:25 PM »
Don’t even remember what you are talking about.

But yeah, the human combat was weak.

Still one of the best games of the gen for me.

Svejk

« Reply #705 on: June 17, 2020, 11:32:57 PM »
The humans in that game were so dull and lifeless to me... The robo-animals and fighting/hunting them were the true stars of that game.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #706 on: June 17, 2020, 11:36:30 PM »
Don’t even remember what you are talking about.

But yeah, the human combat was weak.

Still one of the best games of the gen for me.
It's like in the first hour of the game, lol but it was enough to turn me off the rest of it.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #707 on: June 17, 2020, 11:53:57 PM »
Yeah I can certainly agree that human combat in the game was honestly pretty shitty. The robot battles though were amazing and honestly got me pretty involved.

But as I've said before I'm not actually into open world games. I like GTA, but also mostly just follow the main missions. I just like the open world and appreciate the atmosphere it brings and the scale and rendering of the world the programers and artists created. So yeah I've enjoyed stuff like Mafia 2.

So Ubisoft stuff kind of just turns me off when I open that map and see all that stuff. So what I liked about Horizon was that it was super story focused, the world felt big enough to me and well realized. I actually like it when open world games section off stuff and gradually open more to you through the narrative, it often feels like a journey. When you leave the outskirts of your village and get to that big wall right before the desert, it feels very epic to me.

But I also like how it kept the side stuff to like 5-6 instances and most of them were unique and had a purpose. 5 of those factory dunegons that are in the end the same, but have diffrent visuals and feel unique. Yes 6 longnecks which are basically towers, but each one is in a unique area requiring a slightly diffrent approach and the spectacle is cool. Even the base raid sub missions with the lame combat had a story that strung them together. And doing a lot of this extra stuff does really give you a noticeable edge over your enemies and not simply through character leveling up.

Oh and I really enjoyed the story.

For me the game did what I usually think is open world busy work very well.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 12:16:21 AM by Rahxephon91 »

paprikastaude

« Reply #708 on: June 18, 2020, 12:06:44 AM »
I would've been in for the robot fights, but I can't with western devs that can't help themselves and turn robot dinosaurs into some pretentious story with RPG mechanics. Concept should've been done by someone like Platinum.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #709 on: June 18, 2020, 12:16:51 AM »
I would've been in for the robot fights, but I can't with western devs that can't help themselves and turn robot dinosaurs into some pretentious story with RPG mechanics. Concept should've been done by someone like Platinum.
So they could've copy/pasted Bayonetta's combat for the 11th time?  :smug

No but shittalking aside, Nier Automata is the very definition of pointless open world bloat, tacked on a fun action game.
I say this while not liking Horizon's approach to open world.

bluemax

« Reply #710 on: June 18, 2020, 02:47:06 AM »
So they could've copy/pasted Bayonetta's combat for the 11th time?  :smug

No but shittalking aside, Nier Automata is the very definition of pointless open world bloat, tacked on a fun action game.
I say this while not liking Horizon's approach to open world.

Yeah but its Yoko Taro so you have to wonder if the open world bloat is an intentional commentary on the genre ;-)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It probably wasn't.
[close]

I actually was avoiding fighting the random dinosaurs as much as possible when I played HZD. Playing on hard made every fight an epic struggle, which would've been cool if it wasn't an open world game where I don't want to deal with an epic struggle every 5 feet.
NO

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #711 on: June 18, 2020, 12:12:39 PM »
Hzd has a pretty great story. For a videogame its better than 90% of other games stories
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #712 on: June 18, 2020, 02:21:12 PM »
nier Automata needs the bloat because your mind can't take too much Yoko Taro at once.
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #713 on: June 18, 2020, 03:23:49 PM »
nier Automata needs the bloat because your mind can't take too much Yoko Taro at once.
People make it out to be be weirder than it is.  :trumps
It's just a bit of meta-decostruction-fuckery, not unlike Kojima's, mixed with some anime style existential philosophy.

paprikastaude

« Reply #714 on: June 18, 2020, 04:04:51 PM »
Nier 1 was smarter for sure.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #715 on: June 19, 2020, 03:59:25 PM »

The shortest guy in that pic is 6'5 btw.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #716 on: June 19, 2020, 04:02:41 PM »
That face the guy in the middle is making  :lol

Svejk

« Reply #717 on: June 19, 2020, 04:20:41 PM »
I smell many memes being generated from that pic.

paprikastaude

« Reply #718 on: June 19, 2020, 04:40:46 PM »
PS5 Pro bigger than an average Asian.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #719 on: June 19, 2020, 05:43:06 PM »
I smell many memes being generated from that pic.
Looks like that "this is how white people smile at you on the street" meme.