Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 189833 times)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #1860 on: April 28, 2021, 05:30:55 PM »
as much as i love the event horizon x alien vibe and keen on big budget bullet hell tps the cheapest copy i can find here is $100 (~72usd) and the psn copy is $130  :doge

would bet my life on it this will be half price on the secondary market in a month or two. demon's souls retailed at $140 and is sub 60 secondhand rn. ps5 is a captured market rn i guess and there's nothing else coming out, but these prices still feel a little scummy
◕‿◕

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1861 on: April 28, 2021, 08:41:50 PM »
I was over at my cousins house last night and he was showing me the gamepass stuff on his series x. I got a sudden pang of grief when battlefield 1943 appeared.

PlayStation 5 is a big fat pile of shit, fuck you Sony.

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #1862 on: April 28, 2021, 08:55:47 PM »
Yeah, the ONLY reason I'm hesitant on Returnal is that it's like 30 bucks too expensive. It looks ace, but how the hell could anyone justify spending that much on a roguelike, especially considering hades released at a third of the price? Production values aside, hades is kind of the current standard bearer for the genre

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1863 on: April 28, 2021, 10:31:39 PM »
I was over at my cousins house last night and he was showing me the gamepass stuff on his series x. I got a sudden pang of grief when battlefield 1943 appeared.

lol who actually wants to play a bunch of mediocre games

also yup totally a fat pile of shit

https://twitter.com/PS5Updates/status/1387403640369991681?s
yar

naff

« Reply #1864 on: April 29, 2021, 12:21:21 AM »

i actually had no idea 1943 was never released on pc  :doge

played the shit out of it on 360
◕‿◕

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1865 on: April 29, 2021, 02:26:22 AM »
Do you guys also think that Animal crossing should be like a third of the price cause Stardew Valley is 15 bucks?

I don't get it :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1866 on: April 29, 2021, 03:13:02 AM »
My PS5 controller is having drift issues. Guess no Returnal for me.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1867 on: April 29, 2021, 04:32:14 AM »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1868 on: April 29, 2021, 06:17:33 AM »
I can never turn my Ps5 on with my controller, because rest modes fuck with it and demands hdd repairs every time I boot it. So have to fucking click the button on the console instead and then wait for that.

It also crashed on me a few times in the middle of games. Don't remember any other console I ever bought being this unfinished. At least they finally got vrr in now, like half a year after release, despite advertising it on the box. Not even my self built computers that I more often then not managed to fuck up, have been this unstable and lacking

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1869 on: April 29, 2021, 06:26:17 AM »
Isn't the rest mode still broken? Thought it might actually kill your console.

"Sony recommends users simply don’t use the rest mode feature or external storage devices while they work on a fix. This bug has been around now for four months"

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1870 on: April 29, 2021, 06:29:55 AM »
Maybe, not sure. I just put it in rest mode as it's the first option and I usually dont really think about how I am supposed to shut down my console.

naff

« Reply #1871 on: April 29, 2021, 06:54:47 AM »
huh, I didn't know that and have never put it in anything but rest mode  :doge

had a couple issues with an error reported after coming out of sleep, but nothing else...
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1872 on: April 29, 2021, 07:07:42 AM »
oh right, it's to do w entering rest mode with an external drive plugged in. I have not fucked with that
◕‿◕

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1873 on: April 29, 2021, 07:14:05 AM »
I have nothing plugged in, other than the usb cable that I use to charge up the controller.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1874 on: April 29, 2021, 07:16:01 AM »
"When the PS5 first launched, keeping the console in Rest Mode sometimes resulted in freezes, corrupted data, and crashes. In some extreme cases, users reported needing to rebuild the console. Unfortunately, these problems with Rest Mode haven't been 100% resolved, but firmware updates seem to have made Rest Mode more stable. Still, PS5 users may want to keep Rest Mode turned off for now."

Found some reddit thread from 2 weeks ago that has a bunch of people still dealing with the same issues.

Svejk

« Reply #1875 on: April 29, 2021, 08:39:42 AM »
I have an external plugged in mine and put it in rest mode always.  Only issue I came across once, was letting it fall into rest mode on a timer.  I had to hard reset it, but it didn't have to rebuild anything.  Demon's Souls crashed once, otherwise, it's been butter for me. 
 :yeshrug

Returnal is sitting at an 87 meta.  If I didn't have other games I'm trying to finish up first, I'd be on be pulling the (adaptive)trigger on it.... I may still just for the pre-order content.
Damn.. sorry man. That sucks.  I've been lucky so far I guess.  Of all my gaming paraphernalia, only drifting I've had was with a new DS4 I got last year.  It got fixed for free which they returned within a week of me sending.  But that same controller is real fickle with connecting to PC too.  It's my lemon of the bunch. 

Svejk

« Reply #1876 on: April 29, 2021, 09:41:47 AM »
Only negative thing I'm reading about Returnal (besides the price), is the mid run progress saving.  If you close the game or power off your PS5, you have to start the run over.  Sounds like really weird design choice.. got a feeling that'll be changed in the near future though.  Most are saying about a 30 hour campaign/story... 70-150 hours for the platinum due to random drops.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1877 on: April 29, 2021, 11:35:11 AM »

lol who actually wants to play a bunch of mediocre games

https://twitter.com/PS5Updates/status/1387403640369991681?s

Gamers are idiots.  Even with my being a Demon’s Souls superfan and weighting it very heavily, and also greatly preferring Sony’s first party titles over the MS offerings (I have never owned an Xbox nor coveted one), the Series X is the much better offering.  If PS5 had more must-play exclusives or offered better backwards compatibility, my thoughts might change.  As it stands, I would rather have a Series X than a PS5, and that’s even when including that I just built a completely new and gamepass-capable pc right before hardware prices went fucking bananas.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1878 on: April 29, 2021, 11:36:25 AM »
I guess you could say I feel like a recently-liberated battered spouse of Sony.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1879 on: April 29, 2021, 12:01:27 PM »
I don't get it. It's been 5 months and the Series X has no exclusives. They launched a system with pretty much no first-party support. Is the first, first-party game going to be Halo? An almost year late game? I'm sorry that's pathetic in my opinion.

I really don't understand this new idea that the Series X is a "much better offering". How? Why? Gamepass I guess. Yes, I guess things like Outriders being on there day 1 are exciting. I mean I don't care about that game, but at least it's a 3rd party game. Yet, pretty much everything I've wanted to play day 1 isn't on game pass or isn't on the Xbox in general. Ys 9 wasn't on the xbox. Nier 1.5 wasn't on gamepass.

MS is preserving its legacy. Sure, I guess compared to the Playstation 5, but I mean less than 50% of my 360 games can be played on the Series X. Feel like MS BC is overblown. Also, I hardly have the time to play old games. It's cool that they enhanced Prey. I don't have time to go back to it. I have time for new games and the occasional replay of a real classic or something I'm super curious about. Xbox isn't giving me new games so that loses half the battle of buying a new console.

Sorry, just don't understand this recent Series X hype.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:11:07 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1880 on: April 29, 2021, 12:05:32 PM »
Nier replicant is on xbox unless I've been hallucinating playing it on there :thinking
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1881 on: April 29, 2021, 12:48:56 PM »
Nier is on Xbox but not on GamePass. It also runs at a higher resolution (1440p vs. 1080p) and has the BC improvements that base Xbox One games have on X and Series X (16x AF that sort of thing).

Still, the gap between MS and Sony will just widen as long as MS doesn't release any new first party games.
Sony drops Returnal with a 86/100 and next up is Ratchet which is getting quite positive previews. Something has to go very wrong for that game to score below 80/100.
Now if Sony keeps up the pace with quality releases they'll have about 5 or 6 exclusives well worth the money by the time HALO launches which could be a salvaged mess or the best HALO in a decade.

I'll probably get the Xbox Series X at one point because I don't want to throw away my 10+ year investment into the platform but I don't see a reason to replace my Xbox One X just yet.

At this stage in the game though if I'm looking to buy a next-gen console and I'm not invested in any of them (or equally in both) the PS5 would be my first pick.
The course of this generation really depends on the patience of Micrsoft Corp. If they manage to release systems sellers every 2 - 3 months in 3 years from now with their new studios, snag up a few exclusives and expand GamePass with the backlog of publishers like Konami, SEGA and SNK. They could be in a great place to overtake Sony in the second half of this gen. But that's a steep hill to climb.

In fact, I think that MS sorta gave themselves a leg behind by making the Xbox One X such a great piece of kit. It does almost everything that the Xbox Series X does including BC enhancements and it doesn't do it half bad either.
Outside of Cyberpunk there hasn't been a game that runs signficantly worse on Xbox One X than it does on Xbox Series S/X. In some cases it even outpaces the Series S in specific areas.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1882 on: April 29, 2021, 12:59:52 PM »
I'll just wait until Sony releases Ratchet and Returnal on Gamepass like they did The Show.
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #1883 on: April 29, 2021, 02:16:41 PM »
Xbox can have Major Liberal League Baseball...
 :nope

I'm actually thanking Sony for that one.  Ya'll enjoy waiting for a sweet 343 Haloz.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1884 on: April 29, 2021, 02:21:54 PM »
For me it’s not about praising MS, but instead negging on Sony.   :idont

Bebpo

« Reply #1885 on: April 29, 2021, 02:48:09 PM »
On the rest mode thing, I use an external HDD and first couple weeks of PS5 were BRUTAL. Lotta of crashing and database rebuilding.

After about a month though, haven't had a single crash and I'm one of those people that never shuts off a system and puts it in rest mode. Been using it about 3-4 days a week since launch playing through stuff too. Lots of background downloading and what not.

I'm sure there's still some issues and some people are still having issues, but it's got to be one of those 1% kind of things, so it's not worth worrying about as it most likely won't effect you. I see threads where people are still afraid to use rest mode and it just seems silly tbh.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1886 on: April 29, 2021, 03:35:49 PM »
Gamepass is great if you have no life and just want to play a bunch of A and B games, and the shit tier beneath them.

RE Village ain't gonna be on gamepass.

I hate myself, but I don't hate myself enough to game via gamepass.
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #1887 on: April 29, 2021, 03:51:15 PM »
Eh, Game Pass is good for all the studios MS buys that do day 1 on Game Pass like Obsidian when they make good games or the Ori games. It'll be nice having the next Doom/Wolfenstein/Starlink whatever day 1 for free.

The third party stuff they add is hit or miss. I actually play through a game pass game from start to finish like once every 3-4 months. But I try a few things and add them to my "buy on Steam or get in a Humble Bundle" list a decent amount. Also helps turn me off games I would've bought after trying them and not liking them. It's a good demo sampler.

Sony absolutely should make a game pass competitor. Otoh, MS needed game pass because without it they would've had not much besides "better UI and slightly higher resolution in games"

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1888 on: April 29, 2021, 04:01:10 PM »
Gamepass is great if you have no life and just want to play a bunch of A and B games, and the shit tier beneath them.

This is a terrible post.

Gamepass is fantastic. But I am just waiting for MS to make it shit or start charging a lot of money for it. Thank God I got 2 years saved up.  :-*

Svejk

« Reply #1889 on: April 29, 2021, 04:03:42 PM »
Forgot they had a State of Play today.  :P  Supposedly it's all about Ratchet & Clank and like some 2 indie games. lawl

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1890 on: April 29, 2021, 04:54:59 PM »
"Game Pass is shit because it has videogames. If you play or try different games besides AAA games, you have no life. The PS5 though? It sold a lot, it's pretty dope" is one of the weirdest takes I've seen in a long time.

OH!

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1891 on: April 29, 2021, 05:06:22 PM »
Ratchet and Clank runs at 30 fps? The future of gaming is here.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1892 on: April 29, 2021, 05:26:21 PM »
Do you guys also think that Animal crossing should be like a third of the price cause Stardew Valley is 15 bucks?

I don't get it :lol

No I think it should be $40 because it got released a fucking year ago

Paying full price for games that have been out for over a year is stupid

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Honestly in Animal Crossing's case I don't think it should exist because it's trash but that's a different conversation
[close]
yar

Svejk

« Reply #1893 on: April 29, 2021, 05:33:34 PM »
Ratchet and Clank runs at 30 fps? The future of gaming is here.
It will have a 60fps performance mode too.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #1894 on: April 29, 2021, 06:08:05 PM »
Ratchet looks dope, low key one of my favorite series
jon

paprikastaude

« Reply #1895 on: April 29, 2021, 06:15:01 PM »
Returnal gameplay looks much better than I would have expected. But I can't with that drab ugly art direction.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1896 on: April 29, 2021, 06:23:33 PM »
I don’t know what you’re talking about in terms of drab art direction. Looking at any place where bullet hell gameplay is involved, the important parts to the player are clear and easily marked. Everything else, they’re going for a look like “edge of tomorrow“/“all you need is kill“ where it’s intentionally desaturated. This makes the hyper saturated bullet hell elements stand out even more. This is what you want. Unfortunately, bullet hell gameplay is not for me; so, while I like this look, I will not end up playing this game.

Beezy

« Reply #1897 on: April 29, 2021, 06:32:34 PM »
Snorenado and Rahx agreeing on something for once is enough to know that it's a bad take.

naff

« Reply #1898 on: April 29, 2021, 06:43:13 PM »
after watching some gameplay, im p into the art direction. those squid things gave me real matrix overworld Sentinel vibes :whew

the ratchet and clank part of the state of play. haven't played one of these since a crack in time but yeah, this looks sick
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #1899 on: April 29, 2021, 06:43:28 PM »

I liked A Crack in Time that was more puzzle based Clank stuff.

The Remake of 1 and the short Into the Nexus games were alright. I just want a meatier and more puzzle focused one than a flashy on-rails short game. Hopefully this is more like the former.

naff

« Reply #1900 on: April 29, 2021, 06:45:48 PM »

The Remake of 1 and the short Into the Nexus games were alright. I just want a meatier and more puzzle focused one than a flashy on-rails short game. Hopefully this is more like the former.

def seems like it going by the trailer. game sounds big and long with a lot of side content.
◕‿◕

paprikastaude

« Reply #1901 on: April 29, 2021, 10:20:04 PM »
I don’t know what you’re talking about in terms of drab art direction. Looking at any place where bullet hell gameplay is involved, the important parts to the player are clear and easily marked. Everything else, they’re going for a look like “edge of tomorrow“/“all you need is kill“ where it’s intentionally desaturated. This makes the hyper saturated bullet hell elements stand out even more. This is what you want. Unfortunately, bullet hell gameplay is not for me; so, while I like this look, I will not end up playing this game.

Other games managed with more interesting places than swamps and plains with red fog. Guess it doesn't help that it's randomised, which makes it less coherent too. Don't like the monster designs either. I hate looking at this game. Someone swap the gameplay of Ratchet with Returnal's :cat

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1902 on: April 29, 2021, 10:48:56 PM »
I think Returnal looks alright, but i want people to take a break from """borrowing""" from Beksinski's paintings.
Pls find someone else to rip off.

Though admittedly, it was just the one biome that looks like that, The Medium was more shameless. (but they are Polish so i guess they can get away with it)

naff

« Reply #1903 on: April 29, 2021, 11:08:10 PM »

Other games managed with more interesting places than swamps and plains with red fog. Guess it doesn't help that it's randomised, which makes it less coherent too. Don't like the monster designs either. I hate looking at this game. Someone swap the gameplay of Ratchet with Returnal's :cat

it's only the order of the rooms/interconnecting hallways that are randomised afaik. everything else is done by hand
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #1904 on: April 30, 2021, 02:48:10 AM »
Played a couple hours of Returnal.

Game plays damn great, but man I fucking hate rogues. Get an hour in playing careful and then get to a room with a new mechanic I haven't seen before (regen enemy health stones) and die and lose most of that progress. I just don't have the patience for rogues and losing progress.

Plays really good and I like the adreline mechanic where the longer you go without getting hit the stronger you keep getting making it easier but gotta play more carefully. Basically encouraging glass cannon runs.

Music is pretty nice too.

Ambience-wise this game feels closer to Metroid than anything else I can think of. I like it a lot, just don't know if I'll have the patience to stick with it.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1905 on: April 30, 2021, 04:59:28 AM »

The 15 minutes they showed made it look like it's a true succesor to A Crack in Time. The biggest thing I'm hoping for is that it'll have some balls again. These modern Ratchet games have been so sanitized all the fun has been sucked out of them. (The remake managed to have some of the worst writing in the entire series.)

Svejk

« Reply #1906 on: April 30, 2021, 07:32:06 AM »
I've never played through a R&C game.. The cartoonish vibe never appealed to me much back then... But having children now, I see it in a different light.  Rift Apart looked great to me. 

Played a couple hours of Returnal.

Game plays damn great, but man I fucking hate rogues. Get an hour in playing careful and then get to a room with a new mechanic I haven't seen before (regen enemy health stones) and die and lose most of that progress. I just don't have the patience for rogues and losing progress.

Plays really good and I like the adreline mechanic where the longer you go without getting hit the stronger you keep getting making it easier but gotta play more carefully. Basically encouraging glass cannon runs.

Music is pretty nice too.

Ambience-wise this game feels closer to Metroid than anything else I can think of. I like it a lot, just don't know if I'll have the patience to stick with it.
This might happen to me as well...  I'm on the cusp of finally beating DeS (hopefully this weekend)... and I'll probably need a break from brutal gameplay before jumping straight to this.  I took a break from DeS as well, but feel up for it now.  Sounds like this will be the same...   Granted, I can't say I've played a rogue game before, so it may totally sap me from enjoyment....  :doge ..or the opposite! Hate losing progress though.... But damn, I love bullet hell games!

archnemesis

« Reply #1907 on: April 30, 2021, 08:52:12 AM »
I enjoyed all of the PS3 Ratchet & Clank games. The PSP games were not as good.

Part of the writing issues in the PS4 remake is caused by reusing scenes from the movie that don't fit in well.

I'll pick it up day one provided that I have a console by then. The last thing I heard from the supplier was "probably before summer".

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1908 on: April 30, 2021, 03:58:51 PM »
Returnal looks like one of those bang average games that only gets attention because it came out early in a console's lifecycle when there's fuck all else to play.
Spud

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1909 on: April 30, 2021, 04:02:30 PM »
Looks like a fun arcade game, just over priced.

Bebpo

« Reply #1910 on: April 30, 2021, 05:00:40 PM »
Returnal looks like one of those bang average games that only gets attention because it came out early in a console's lifecycle when there's fuck all else to play.

Nah, this is straight up wrong. Game plays really well. It's basically Vanquish x Hades. I don't like rogues, but it seems, like Hades, to be a really top-notch rogue. It also looks very good. DF said it's basically pushing the PS5 to the limit currently.

It's just overpriced. Some people finished run 1 already (the equivalent of Hades first escape) in about 5-6 hours. Runs 2+ change things and there's a secret true ending apparently, but still $69.99...probably too much.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1911 on: April 30, 2021, 05:35:19 PM »

Nah, this is straight up wrong. Game plays really well. It's basically Vanquish x Hades. I don't like rogues, but it seems, like Hades, to be a really top-notch rogue. It also looks very good. DF said it's basically pushing the PS5 to the limit currently.

It's just overpriced. Some people finished run 1 already (the equivalent of Hades first escape) in about 5-6 hours. Runs 2+ change things and there's a secret true ending apparently, but still $69.99...probably too much.
I'm happy to return to this post in 4 years to see if anyone remembers this game. My bet is that everyone will be like, "Returnal? What the fuck is that?"

Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1912 on: April 30, 2021, 05:49:27 PM »
Like the bore will be here in 4 years.

Bebpo

« Reply #1913 on: April 30, 2021, 06:09:29 PM »

I'm happy to return to this post in 4 years to see if anyone remembers this game. My bet is that everyone will be like, "Returnal? What the fuck is that?"

idk, will anyone care about Hades in 4 years?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1914 on: April 30, 2021, 08:01:48 PM »

Yeah that goes for a lot of games nowadays.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1915 on: April 30, 2021, 11:55:16 PM »

Exponentially more people will care about Hades in 4 years than will care about Returnal in 1 year.
Spud

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #1916 on: May 01, 2021, 12:47:02 AM »
People still talk about Bastion and to a lesser extent, Transistor, and Hades has had a better reception than both

Quaker

« Reply #1917 on: May 01, 2021, 12:59:08 AM »
You can say that about almost every game aside from like Breath of the Wild and GTA5(and Minecraft and Fortnite), though. Most people have short memories and are mostly interested in chasing the newest games for a few weeks or before dropping them* or playing whatever mega-popular multiplayer game is in fashion at the moment.

*(see how much buzz Monster Hunter and Outriders got the first few weeks compared to now)

I get what you're saying but it seems like Returnal has a little bit more going for it than Lair or Heavenly Sword.

It looks like it has some neat tech behind it and as someone who really appreciated the..."gamefeel" of the shooting mechanics in Super Stardust HD I'm interested to see how they tried to translate some basic SHMUP/bullet hell-lite mechanics to a third person shooter with Metroid aesthetics.

(That being said, I'm perfectly fine waiting two years until it's patched/feature complete and on PSN+)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 03:15:59 AM by Quaker »

Bebpo

« Reply #1918 on: May 01, 2021, 03:32:46 AM »
Got the first boss in Returnal and idkk, I really enjoyed the fight and the patterns but I didn't enjoy dying on the boss's final lifebar and then the game being "oh well, spend 30 mins getting back here for another try"

Makes Souls boss runs look fun.

I get that's rogues, but like in Hades I feel like you can get back to the first boss in like 5 mins. Returnal's levels are pretty big and stuff tends to murder you when you try to rush it.

Bebpo

« Reply #1919 on: May 01, 2021, 03:17:37 PM »
To be fair I was thinking on this and like:

Hades - 1 full run is like 40 mins - 1 hour.
Returnal - 1 biome/world run is like 40 - 70 mins. And then you get a key that lets you skip to the next world pretty quickly on future runs.

So basically just treat each biome/world as a full Hades kind of run and the boss being like the final boss.

Also they easily could've made this a rogue-lite by carrying over weapon stat improvements and any armor/hp stuff. But they decided not too. The game is much more of a true rogue than a rogue-lite. The carry over stuff is extremely minimal and mostly just database stuff and some shortcuts. Housemarque has always kind of struck me a dev team that's a bunch of action game pros and they are like "git gud" rather than make accessible games for joe 6 pack.

I think Sony was pretty crazy to greenlight a $69.99 big budget game on that concept though. The Souls series for instance works and sells tons because it's hard but it's also really accessible and pretty much anyone can clear all of them and you can grind and explore and gear up to make things a lot easier.

I think putting out a non-accessible very hardcore game for a niche rogue audience for on a single console for $70 is not going to be a long lasting big seller. It'll sell because the dry period of a new console initially, and thanks to most people buying digital and it being harder to return once people discover they don't like it, but I think word of mouth will sink this with the casual audience.

I mean they're refusing to even put a fucking "save on quit" in so you have to do multi-hour runs in one go or use the rest mode and hope your system doesn't update. They seem pretty far up their ass tbh even if the game itself is quality.