Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 191610 times)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Re: Playstation 5 Reveal
« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »
Wait, there was a MS event in May? And they're having another in July? I completely missed that. :lol

Does Nintendo have anything scheduled?

Nintendo said they couldn't put a Direct together due to Covid 19  :yeshrug

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #301 on: June 11, 2020, 05:44:05 PM »
Wait, there was a MS event in May? And they're having another in July? I completely missed that. :lol

Nintendo seems like they won't announce anything for the foreseeable future, the big E3 leaker said they have absolutely zero plans to show anything for the foreseeable future.

They don't need to show any new hardware, so that makes sense.  Expecting something new from them next year or maybe the year after.
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2020, 05:44:06 PM »
I'll probably end up playing RE8 and the not-FFXV game from the Luminous team... maybe Ratchet, the game from the Hyper Light Drifter people, or Little Big Mario 3D World. But most of the show was 'ehhhh' for me. That furry game and the one game about fruit that looked like a Wii game were "wtf".
^_^

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #303 on: June 11, 2020, 05:45:40 PM »
Fruit game had me thinking it was gonna be something like Viva Pinata. Which I mean maybe it kinda sort of will be.

I don't know what I'm saying. But it made me think of VP.

Bebpo

« Reply #304 on: June 11, 2020, 05:46:05 PM »
I'm kind of mixed on Demon's Souls only having Bluepoint logo and not mentioning From Soft at all. But I also get that if they put From Software's logo it might've misled people to think they were involved in the development of this one.

Probably should've said something like "A remake of From Software's masterpiece" or something. I'm sure the release game will have stuff like that throughout.

I like Demon Souls (was amazingly original at the release time before Souls became a thing) but I also feel it got outdated by Dark Souls so idk how excited I am to replay Demon Souls without the Dark Souls gameplay/design improvements. I'll still replay it just for the visuals and nostalgia, so I guess I'll see.

Tasty

Bebpo

« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2020, 05:48:15 PM »
Also the Silent Hill rumor was the dumbest shit ever and I don't know why anyone put stock in it. Konami doesn't make videogames anymore, Konami doesn't care about their IPs and is a dick and isn't going to license them out. Silent Hill is dead outside Pachinko spinoffs or some mobile gatcha crap.

If ex-Silent Hill people want to make a new SH, they'll make a similar game without the IP like Siren, but something actually closer to SH (Siren was reaaaally nothing like SH).

I wonder if those Silent Hill rumors were completely based on someone seeing part of that RE8 trailer and assuming it was Silent Hill?
Nope, 2 Silent Hill games are definitely in the works w/ SIE.

The guy who called it is one of the most reliable horror game leakers, going on decades iirc. He posts on ERA still, but he has his own site.

I still think this is people dreaming.

wsippel

« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2020, 05:49:02 PM »

Nintendo said they couldn't put a Direct together due to Covid 19  :yeshrug

I think Nintendo simply sees the writing on the wall. We are at the beginning of a massive economic downturn, a lot of people either lost their jobs or will lose their job in the near future, food prices are already starting to skyrocket - escapism will always sell, but they don't have new hardware anyway and the cheapest current platform by far.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2020, 05:49:33 PM »
Would have dislocated my jaw in awe if Phil Fish showed up in the video, said "Japanese gamez are dumz" and then FEZ 2.

:mouf

Alas, that will never be.  :fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2020, 05:49:52 PM »
Confirmed multiplatform releases:

Deathloop (PC)
Pragmata (The Capcom game) (PC, Xbox X)
Resident Evil 8 (PC, Xbox X)
Bugsnax (lol) (PC, *PS4*)
Godfall (PC)
Ghostwire:Tokyo (PC)
Weird Furry Shit (PC, PS4)
STRAY (PC)
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2020, 05:50:03 PM »
Nintendo will announce Super Mario 64 Switch with a Tweet and release it a week later.
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #311 on: June 11, 2020, 05:50:27 PM »
Spoilers for Bio8:

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/resident-evil-8-release-date-leaks-ps5

Trailer looks good. But more first-person Biohazard. :beli I was fine with it with 7, but I don't really need more of that in the series.

Rest of it looks good.

Chris' face was fucking fixed. :lawd :preach :lawd :preach :lawd :hump Capcom :hump

Confirmed multiplatform releases:

Deathloop (PC)
Pragmata (The Capcom game) (PC, Xbox X)
Bugsnax (lol) (PC, *PS4*)
Godfall (PC)
Ghostwire:Tokyo (PC)
Weird Furry Shit (PC, PS4)
STRAY (PC)

Bio8 will be multi-plat. Book it.

Boredfrom

« Reply #312 on: June 11, 2020, 05:50:36 PM »

Nintendo seems like they won't announce anything for the foreseeable future, the big E3 leaker said they have absolutely zero plans to show anything for the foreseeable future.

They don't need to show any new hardware, so that makes sense.  Expecting something new from them next year or maybe the year after.
With SMTV, No More Heroes 3, Pokemon, Bravely Default II, Zelda, Metroid Prime 4, and god knows what, I really did expect at least a Direct to be "planned"

Is difficult to be excited about Bravely Default II after Bravely Second fiasco, Metroid Prime 4 and Zelda still feel nowhere ready to show.

eleuin

• perennial loser

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2020, 05:53:35 PM »

With SMTV, No More Heroes 3, Pokemon, Bravely Default II, Zelda, Metroid Prime 4, and god knows what, I really did expect at least a Direct to be "planned"

We'll never hear anything about SMTV, MP4, or Bayonetta 3  :foxx

If the Switch wasn’t successful they would be PS3 chalkboard meme fodder at this point  :lol
Margs

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #315 on: June 11, 2020, 05:54:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/yonodiam/status/1271192585235623936

But will look right at home with Mirror's Edge evil villain looking EA spokesperson that always looks like he's scheming all the FIFA fools at every E3 the last 2 or 3 years. You know the guy. The one that can easily steal your girlfriend and take her on a trip in his own personal yacht.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #316 on: June 11, 2020, 05:56:57 PM »
🤴

wsippel

« Reply #317 on: June 11, 2020, 06:02:57 PM »
August 2020? No way.

It says they'll release new information in August. Not the game itself. Google Translate's camera function can be quite useful from time to time!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:08:00 PM by wsippel »

thisismyusername

« Reply #318 on: June 11, 2020, 06:07:45 PM »
So it's coming out months before the consoles that can play it will be out?

Bold.

STEAM ALWAYS WINS BAYBEE.

kingv

« Reply #319 on: June 11, 2020, 06:07:48 PM »
Spider man looks good. The console itself looks really ugly and dumb.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #320 on: June 11, 2020, 06:13:26 PM »
A crack team? Cause of constant development crunch, or...

Rahxephon91

« Reply #321 on: June 11, 2020, 06:13:59 PM »
Of course it’s coming to other platforms...

paprikastaude

« Reply #322 on: June 11, 2020, 06:15:23 PM »
RE8  :brock2 :gladbron

Rahxephon91

« Reply #323 on: June 11, 2020, 06:15:34 PM »
Or you could have just played it already....

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2020, 06:17:07 PM »
So Remedy announced Control coming to La Serie X and PS5. Guess I can wait to play it for free on Game Pass.

Steam this august too right, finally? One year Epic exclusivity up I think.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2020, 06:17:56 PM »
It’s a modern AAA game from a third party that didn’t say exclusive coming, but instead vague whatever wording during a console specific showing.

Use you’re fucking brain.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2020, 06:21:07 PM »
turned this shit off after 15 minutes

looks like i made the right choice

and that console is the fucking ugliest thing I have every seen.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Tasty

« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2020, 06:24:59 PM »
Chris' face was fucking fixed. :lawd :preach :lawd :preach :lawd :hump Capcom :hump

The real megaton :lawd

CAPGODS :noah

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Will always prefer Leon tho :uguu
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2020, 06:27:05 PM »
Epic announced UE5 for PS5. But UE5 won't ship until 2021, so what we're seeing today is either UE4 footage or target renders.
Now with Microsoft pushing for all games to be compatible with Xbox One > Xbox One X > Xbox Series X
there's also little motivation for multi-platform devs to target PS5/Xbox Series X as lead platforms.

I think PS5 and Xbox Series X will be little more than PS4 Pro+ and Xbox One X+ until the 'real' next gen games arrive in 2022 at which point these machines will get revisions.
If you don't have a gaming PC and you move from vanilla PS4 to PS5, it's a significant step.

Maybe AMD sold them the Zen 2 chips at a bargain because they're moving to Zen 3 and these things will launch at $299 for the digital and $399 with the drive but I'm not seeing that happening.
I also think that as the generation goes on Sony will either to a GamePass sort of thing or greatly reduce their first party output of which very titles add something to the line-up.
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2020, 06:28:29 PM »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2020, 06:28:54 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Will always prefer Leon tho :uguu
[close]

And this is why you are one of the best Boreitos

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2020, 06:29:58 PM »

OSCAR WORTHY WRITING

THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE - IGN 7/10
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2020, 06:32:01 PM »
Where’s resistance 4? Huh?

BisMarckie

« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2020, 06:35:19 PM »
The worst part about 2020 is that people try to convince you that it isn't wrong to be a furry.

thisismyusername

« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2020, 06:37:11 PM »
James died too soon on Epstein's island before he saw the furry revolution. :furrycry

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2020, 06:37:34 PM »
James died too soon on Epstein's island before he saw the furry revolution. :furrycry
james is probably busy doing the art on this game
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2020, 06:39:12 PM »

Could you show me how it's done first, and then I'll follow your lead?
Well for one, read the actual PR and eh know how Game announcements actually go..

BisMarckie

« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2020, 06:39:49 PM »
The worst part about 2020 is that people try to convince you that it isn't wrong to be a furry.

Because scalies it's where it's at bitches  8)

thisismyusername

« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2020, 06:40:15 PM »

Because scalies it's where it's at bitches  8)

DragonsFuckingCars.jpg

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2020, 06:40:59 PM »
at least everyone can agree the furry thing is anti game of show

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #340 on: June 11, 2020, 06:41:42 PM »
Time to preorder Goodbye, Volcano High: Limited Collector's Edition exclusively on BadDragon.com
©@©™

wsippel

« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2020, 06:43:38 PM »
Maybe AMD sold them the Zen 2 chips at a bargain because they're moving to Zen 3 and these things will launch at $299 for the digital and $399 with the drive but I'm not seeing that happening.
I also think that as the generation goes on Sony will either to a GamePass sort of thing or greatly reduce their first party output of which very titles add something to the line-up.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a SoC. So basically a bigger brother of the current Ryzen 4000 notebook chips, just with RDNA2 GPUs. Which probably also means lower clocks and stripped down L3 cache for the CPU. But I don't expect MCMs. AMD's design is incredibly clever, they only really have TSMC produce one type of chip. If the chips come out awesome, they can sell them as EPYC, Ryzen 9 or Ryzen 7, depending on demand and how many they bolt together. If they have slight defects, they'll become Ryzen 5, and with bigger defects, they become Ryzen 3. It's all the exact same silicon. And with how those things are selling, they'll never have a stockpile of unsold chips sitting around. The upcoming Zen 3 chips will be different designs and use a different process, but AMD won't lose money selling old stock to Sony and MS. The PS5 and XSX chips are bespoke, Sony and MS pay for manufacturing, inventory management and dealing with faulty chips will be their problem.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2020, 06:44:02 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

OSCAR WORTHY WRITING

THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE - IGN 7/10

Shin Megami Tensei: Fursona
Margs

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2020, 06:46:33 PM »
Epic announced UE5 for PS5. But UE5 won't ship until 2021, so what we're seeing today is either UE4 footage or target renders.

Or you know, games that aren't running on UE5 :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
This was the most typical Sony conference ever. I don’t know why anyone was shocked.

Start off with the big but not too big AAA games, pad with the indies and smaller games then the bigger stuff. It was the typical template. Except they actually showed a lot of games and a variety of games. I’m not surprised by the reactions here, but I don’t know what people want. You made fun of thier overly cinematic dad games and they didn’t offer any of that. They had new reveals of favorite PS ips, 3rd party ips, new stuff, stupid indies you people usually rave about, a return of platforms, and so on. As a first look I’m not sure what’s awful here. I’m convinced nothing will make any of you happy.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2020, 06:51:39 PM »

Could you show me how it's done first, and then I'll follow your lead?
Well for one, read the actual PR and eh know how Game announcements actually go..

Hey clown, I know it's hard to see over your big fucking clown nose but I mentioned it because people may not have seen some PR post and because of the fact that it says it was designed exclusively for the PS5 all over the trailer. Try not to get any of your clown makeup in your eyes when you go to take it off later.
I mean you made the most recent “life sucks” thread. So if anyone is about to do a joker movie fantasy killing it’s you.

Hey try not to be such a cynical fuck and maybe you’ll enjoy things.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2020, 06:52:21 PM »
@Rahx

It's just a appetizer of an appetizer. I think we'll be more intrigued once we get to see some of these games  when they are truly being previewed. Certainly for all the new IPs.

that, and the fact that the days of jumps from SNES to N64, PS1 to PS2, SD to HD are seemingly over, so there isn't any shock and awe in terms of how amazing something looks graphically when it comes to "generational leap" hype.

Ghoul

« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2020, 06:52:55 PM »
Time to preorder Goodbye, Volcano High: Limited Collector's Edition exclusively on BadDragon.com

OK Bork.

wsippel

« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2020, 06:55:44 PM »
This was the most typical Sony conference ever. I don’t know why anyone was shocked.

Start off with the big but not too big AAA games, pad with the indies and smaller games then the bigger stuff. It was the typical template. Except they actually showed a lot of games and a variety of games. I’m not surprised by the reactions here, but I don’t know what people want. You made fun of thier overly cinematic dad games and they didn’t offer any of that. They had new reveals of favorite PS ips, 3rd party ips, new stuff, stupid indies you people usually rave about, a return of platforms, and so on. As a first look I’m not sure what’s awful here. I’m convinced nothing will make any of you happy.

I don't think anyone was shocked? And some of the games did look interesting, except the interesting titles were pretty much all multiplatform and mostly aready known. People make fun of the abysmal product design, the dumb "biggest leap ever" marketing, and that furry game. All of that is perfectly understandable. And yeah, people who expected a certain (more or less) obscure IP are disappointed, but that always happens.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2020, 06:56:00 PM »

OK Bork.

The was a joke, the only animal people I officially recognize are catgirls.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2020, 06:58:04 PM »
Project Athia is coming to PC.

https://twitter.com/garywhitta/status/1271177007074697217

THAT'S A SKIP FOR SURE.

That’s why it looks so generic?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2020, 07:00:05 PM »
well you’re a bitch. And your clown joke was stupid.

BisMarckie

« Reply #352 on: June 11, 2020, 07:01:03 PM »

Probably. Whitta wrote such stinkers as The Book of Eli and After Earth so I'm expecting some real awful shit here.

PC Gamer was alrght tho :trumps

Pennywise

« Reply #353 on: June 11, 2020, 07:03:38 PM »
Enjoyed most of the stuff.

Exceptions are Tokyo Ghostwire and the furry game.
Nothing about Tokyo Ghostwire looked really interesting.

Can't wait for Demon Souls.

wsippel

« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2020, 07:09:58 PM »
Maybe I've become a jaded, sad, joyless piece of shit, but my main issue with this presentation, and Microsoft's showcase before, is that I didn't see anything new. Just the same games with slightly better graphics. But nothing truly revolutionary or at least ambitious. Maybe it's the nostalgia goggles, but I feel we had that in the past. It doesn't have to be games. Xbox Live was a huge deal, VR was a huge deal, even fucking waggle was different and a big deal. Microsoft's "power of the cloud" never happened, but it was at least inspiring. Wii U's second screen failed and 3DS' stereoscopic screen was ultimately pointless, but it was something different. Give me something new and visionary, even if it's just a business idea. This wasn't inspiring or visionary. And Microsoft's show wasn't, either.

paprikastaude

« Reply #355 on: June 11, 2020, 07:19:55 PM »
Wish Silent Hill was real instead of Ratchet and shit. Then this whole thing might've been more convincing for me. But on the other hand, I got my personal wish that they'd make an Astrobot to show off the new controller gimmicks. :leon

Though with RE8 appparently (and surprisingly) not being crossgen, I probably need next gen pretty soon anyway :stahp Best game of the show, never cared much for Sony 1st party. But I guess I'll also take that Demon's remake, Little Big Mario and some other smaller shit like Kera (or whatever it's called) if it isn't total shit.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2020, 07:20:42 PM »
tbh I remember the PS4 reveal being meh as hell, but the system ended up being excellent. So who knows? Corona probably threw a lot of companies' plans out the window, and I expect some big delays for a lot of these titles... Honestly I'm surprised that PS5 and Series X are even coming out this year. But to be honest, a lot of the 'gamier' games that I enjoy don't really translate well to the rapid-succession-trailer format though, so everything looks kinda samey and "seen it before".

I really wish that Sony wouldn't have let their old PS1 and PS2 Japanese IP flounder so badly. I'd kill for a new Wild Arms, Arc the Lad, or Velldeselba Senki.
^_^

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2020, 07:21:22 PM »
Maybe I've become a jaded, sad, joyless piece of shit, but my main issue with this presentation, and Microsoft's showcase before, is that I didn't see anything new. Just the same games with slightly better graphics. But nothing truly revolutionary or at least ambitious. Maybe it's the nostalgia goggles, but I feel we had that in the past. It doesn't have to be games. Xbox Live was a huge deal, VR was a huge deal, even fucking waggle was different and a big deal. Microsoft's "power of the cloud" never happened, but it was at least inspiring. Wii U's second screen failed and 3DS' stereoscopic screen was ultimately pointless, but it was something different. Give me something new and visionary, even if it's just a business idea. This wasn't inspiring or visionary. And Microsoft's show wasn't, either.
Pretty much where I'm at with this stuff.
BUT DID YOU SEE THOSE FLOOR  REFLECTIONS THO ARHGJGJFJFJFJJRJJFEKJTH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2020, 07:21:37 PM »
Yeah, it's kinda weird. The most innovative thing I've played this year is Half Life: Alyx on the Rift. There's nothing as exciting as that on PlayStation 5.

If Microsoft really has a Perfect Dark reboot than I'm team green for another generation.
🤴

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #359 on: June 11, 2020, 07:27:11 PM »
Yeah, it's kinda weird. The most innovative thing I've played this year is Half Life: Alyx on the Rift. There's nothing as exciting as that on PlayStation 5.

If Microsoft really has a Perfect Dark reboot than I'm team green for another generation.

I don't know if I can trust any Microsoft FPS currently. The way they have been handling the MCC on not one but TWO platforms has been utterly disappointing. And PDZ was, well PDZ.