Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 189770 times)

Tasty

Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #1560 on: November 16, 2020, 09:44:20 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #1561 on: November 16, 2020, 09:55:37 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1562 on: November 16, 2020, 10:09:52 AM »
Just like the PSP Go one!  :lol

ど助平

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1563 on: November 16, 2020, 10:22:21 AM »

The funny part is that, thanks to Sony's amazing design team, even the disc version has people insert the disc the wrong way, because they have the console with disc drive on the upper side, when horizontal.

Nuitangg

« Reply #1564 on: November 16, 2020, 10:28:53 AM »
Astrobot is great but they really need to let you invert the camera.  Unless I'm missing it?   

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1565 on: November 16, 2020, 10:46:21 AM »
Astrobot is great but they really need to let you invert the camera.  Unless I'm missing it?

Global settings means you never have to switch inverting on in the first place. I don’t understand you crazy folks, the missus is the same way. I’m sorry your brains are so broken.  :P

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1566 on: November 16, 2020, 03:47:50 PM »

The funny part is that, thanks to Sony's amazing design team, even the disc version has people insert the disc the wrong way, because they have the console with disc drive on the upper side, when horizontal.

???  :dunno  :confused

edit: actually is pretty clear how people could misinterpret this. to me the design language was straight forward as i understood how the disc drive is meant to be on the bottom when horizontal and you don't put discs in upside down but yeah, i get it. every other ps the design language is super clear but the ps5 is a bit vague.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 04:09:00 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1567 on: November 16, 2020, 03:52:48 PM »
im a munter and actually tried inserting a disc backwards just to see what happened. waited a while and the console didn't eject it, just continued trying to read until i ejected it. but when you place the disc ps horizontal  the disc drive is on the bottom or the stand doesn't sit right, and when vertical er, it's also very clear lol.

could see how it might be confusing if you'd never used a disc drive before i guess
◕‿◕

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1568 on: November 16, 2020, 06:15:49 PM »
Two recurring mistakes i've seen mentioned are:
1) As i said, putting the PS5 horizontal with the disc reader on top (so really, upside down).
2) When vertical, inserting the disc in the wrong direction (with the read-part inwards and the graphic outwards) because of the intuitive assumprion that the lens would be inside the console, where the hardware is, instead of being on the external part.

Also if you pull the USB from the cord to detach them (which you shouldn't do in the first place, but still) when horizontal, some people have had it slip away from the base on to the table/floor.

There are so many things that bug me, like the absurdly complex base, or the USBs being in the middle when vertical, or the power/eject buttons not being contextually placed and almost invisible... i dunno it's one of those things were the more i think about it, the weirder it gets.

To me, it remains the most puzzlingly designed console i've ever seen this side of the NES, but of course yeah, it's relatively minor stuff.

Hopefully they take a good look at what can be done, when the inevitable Pro/Slim comes out.

naff

« Reply #1569 on: November 16, 2020, 07:12:29 PM »
heh, yeah the base design seems good for airflow at least. i really like how it perches when horizontal, like a model spaceship
◕‿◕

Nuitangg

« Reply #1570 on: November 16, 2020, 08:25:46 PM »

Going to try black this weekend

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1571 on: November 17, 2020, 12:10:29 AM »
Mi brothero picked up my PS5 and he should be here by the 21st  :rejoice
Margs

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1572 on: November 17, 2020, 03:09:59 AM »
I have no idea how some people can get confused and put the console upside down. It's pretty obvious that the PS logo should be on the top side ???

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1573 on: November 17, 2020, 04:35:11 AM »
I'd probably put the first disc in wrong when it's vertical. When holding the disc in your right hand you basically have to hold the disc the wrong way around.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1574 on: November 17, 2020, 04:35:32 AM »
I have no idea how some people can get confused and put the console upside down. It's pretty obvious that the PS logo should be on the top side ???
They made fun of Immobile (soccer player) for snapping a photo with it upside down, too.  :lol
https://gamesurf.tiscali.it/notizie/articoli/Immobile-impazzisce-per-la-PS5-ma-la-console-e-al-contrario/

But when you look at it like that, it's actually kind of sensible that the disc tray would be in the most accessible position (on top) and the PS logo is probably not something you see immediately, compared to the disc slot.
It honestly shouldn't even be an issue, for something well designed.

Although in my opinion PS4 was also pretty horrid when it came to the visibility/accessibility of its disc tray, so this one at least doesn't have that problem, once you're good with the orientation.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1575 on: November 17, 2020, 10:01:30 AM »
PS5 impressions:

when putting the system horizontally the base could snap on better, unless there is something I am missing. I finally got it in there, but it kept coming dislodged with slight movements and feels more precarious than it should.

spider man remake looks pretty ridiculous, although city feels maybe overbig? I have never played it before, seems neat. they do throw a good bit of controls at you. playing on 30fps mode with bells and whistles.

astro bot will probably be first thing I beat, it really well done, as expected.

BUGSNAX is kinda lol, who the fuck were they expecting to buy this.  :lol

I want Demons Souls after looking at it more, it looks really good but will try and wait for a sale as have enough at moment.

Svejk

« Reply #1576 on: November 17, 2020, 01:16:31 PM »
I couldn't get even get 2 minutes into Bugsnax before deleting it off my SSD as fast as possible, it was so bad.  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #1577 on: November 17, 2020, 01:28:09 PM »
I couldn't get even get 2 minutes into Bugsnax before deleting it off my SSD as fast as possible, it was so bad.  :doge

I played like 30-40 mins and enjoyed it. But definitely last on my list of PS5 games to get to.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1578 on: November 17, 2020, 01:35:56 PM »
Tomorrow is Euro launch.

1 of the largest online retailers in the Netherlands will get a grand total of drum roll.... 200 units. They expected 2000,
So they're not doing pre-orders, instead you had to send them a picture of your shoe (Sinterklaas thing like a Christmas sock) and they will pick 200 lucky contestants who can then order a PS5  from the store. Every step of the process the copy is like: "Don't expect to receive one", "Do you really want to bother doing this?"  :lol

🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1579 on: November 17, 2020, 01:44:24 PM »
i hope zwarte piet blesses all my dutch bredren with a ps5 this year ;)
(ice)

naff

« Reply #1580 on: November 17, 2020, 01:47:03 PM »
I am looking forward to bugsnax lol. the trailers were rad.
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1581 on: November 17, 2020, 02:03:37 PM »
I wasn't thinking about buying one but still no Zen 3 in stock or anything else for that matter so I've joined the shoe lottery for fun.
They're also going for 1000 - 1500 Euro on eBay and other places already.

I'd rather have a Zen 3 CPU but it seems like a good investment  :success
Maybe I can trade the PS5 for a 5800X or 5900X  :thinking
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #1582 on: November 17, 2020, 02:55:50 PM »

May Knack bless you all on November 18!
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1583 on: November 17, 2020, 03:03:06 PM »
hardware manufacturers
Influencer + review units: 632309
Retail units: 183

Halp I can't meet demand
🤴

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1584 on: November 17, 2020, 05:38:37 PM »
I feel like flipping a ps5 for pc parts now then rebuying one down the line is the  :brain play even if immoral

naff

« Reply #1585 on: November 17, 2020, 05:56:37 PM »
yeah, i looked up what they're reselling for here earlier and there are a bunch at 1500 with the bids starting at console cost ($820). i feel like putting it up on an auction site with reserve at retail and letting "the market decide" is fair play. i am also really enjoying the console, but having more money for christmas holidays would be p dope  :-[
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:03:19 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1586 on: November 17, 2020, 06:02:30 PM »
i also just resold an old VR headset i bought 2 years ago (a pimax 4k) for 3x what i originally paid ($300) off a $1 reserve start. people outchea crazy
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1587 on: November 17, 2020, 07:05:25 PM »
i also just resold an old VR headset i bought 2 years ago (a pimax 4k) for 3x what i originally paid ($300) off a $1 reserve start. people outchea crazy
:crazy
🤴

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #1588 on: November 18, 2020, 12:08:22 AM »
I feel like flipping a ps5 for pc parts now then rebuying one down the line is the  :brain play even if immoral

you can use your scalped PS5 funds to pay for a scalped 3080.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1589 on: November 18, 2020, 01:23:01 AM »

you can use your scalped PS5 funds to pay for a scalped 3080.
i get to get a 3080 and the scalper gets to buy more OFF-WHITE sneakers  :doge

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1590 on: November 18, 2020, 01:25:20 AM »
in the end we all win. inch of allah

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1591 on: November 18, 2020, 04:20:10 AM »
Tomorrow is Euro launch.

1 of the largest online retailers in the Netherlands will get a grand total of drum roll.... 200 units. They expected 2000,
So they're not doing pre-orders, instead you had to send them a picture of your shoe (Sinterklaas thing like a Christmas sock) and they will pick 200 lucky contestants who can then order a PS5  from the store. Every step of the process the copy is like: "Don't expect to receive one", "Do you really want to bother doing this?"  :lol

I like the people using their dead child to get a console.

Some dutch directness.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1592 on: November 18, 2020, 10:53:13 AM »
My order was done and processed within the first 10 min of pre order here, and I dont have one.

But then I also hear another danish retailer (one of the biggest ones, proshop) apparently have not even gotten any yet.

Sony care even less than Nvidia about us tier 5 countries.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1593 on: November 18, 2020, 04:06:56 PM »
My order was done and processed within the first 10 min of pre order here, and I dont have one.

But then I also hear another danish retailer (one of the biggest ones, proshop) apparently have not even gotten any yet.

Sony care even less than Nvidia about us tier 5 countries.
I ordered on launch day from Amazon and haven't gotten mine. It's been "shipped" since Saturday too. But at least now it's moving and tracking says it will be here tomorrow.

Bebpo

« Reply #1594 on: November 18, 2020, 04:16:41 PM »
Hope you guys get yours soon.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1595 on: November 18, 2020, 05:15:39 PM »
Persona 5 Scramble runs locked perfect smooth 60fps in resolution mode. Both in P5 Shibuya cityscapes and musou combat areas.
Great news for the western release. It's still in my backlog so will be nice to play sometime.

If there's a western release.  :gloomy

Eh, it's a franchise that sells hundreds of thousands of copies. It'll come for sure. Atlus just seems to take forever to localize large amounts of dialogue and P5 Scramble is supposedly like 1/2 the length of Persona 5.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/11/english-version-of-persona-5-scramble-the-phantom-strikers-listed-by-asian-retailers-for-february-23-2021-release

:rejoice
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1596 on: November 18, 2020, 05:59:49 PM »
Obviously I want a PS5. But now that I’m done whining and playing Miles on PS4, I have to say I think It looks pretty good.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 07:14:47 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1597 on: November 18, 2020, 06:06:54 PM »
I always get the impression in the US nobody does pre-orders without that being backed by an order from a distributor.  It all sometimes fails and distribution doesn't always happen as planned but they don't take your order unless it's backed by something.

In various European countries on the other hand, it seems common for stores to run "waiting list" style pre-orders, where they just know they'll eventually get stock, and hope you stay on their list for when it's in.
Most of them don't even order stock until they get pre-orders, especially during COVID times.

They will just sit on 500k or a million worth of hardware orders and then trickle them out for 6 months.

Some have taken like 1800 "pre-orders" for the Ryzen 5950X and shipped a total of 2 in 3 weeks.
Meanwhile you can order systems for next-day delivery that they assemble for you with the same hardware for $3000  :lol

They're just prioritizing bundles and systems that they assemble themselves under the guise of 'different suppliers'.
Some aren't even giving any estimates of waiting list positions or the expected delivery times.

"Sorry, here's a $5 gift card in return for your $700 deposit lawl"

I expect a few of these stores to go belly up so I'm not joining any waiting list  :doge

One store that doesn't carry PS5's put them up anyway and sold about a 100, only to inform people it was an error and they'll be refunded within 7 business days.
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1598 on: November 18, 2020, 07:14:42 PM »
looking at demons souls right now and feeling the PAIN

BIONIC

« Reply #1599 on: November 18, 2020, 07:27:29 PM »
looking at demons souls right now and feeling the PAIN

Coincidentally, PAIN is the next Bluepoint remake  :jeb
Margs

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1600 on: November 18, 2020, 07:59:51 PM »
Apparently there were 180,000 available for Japanese launch. JFC. There were a MILLION for the PS2 on day one and we fought tooth and fuckin' nail for those.

(BTW Japan got 20,000 Xbox Series models lol)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1601 on: November 19, 2020, 02:53:40 AM »
Obviously I want a PS5. But now that I’m done whining and playing Miles on PS4, I have to say I think It looks pretty good.
Once you get over that FOMO hype machine of the first few launch weeks, you'll see it actually makes no sense to obsess over getting your hands on a console that has 99% of its shit be multiplatform (with God of War also rumored to be).
It's a marathon of 7+ years, there's no reason to obsess over getting it now, unless you're really desperate to play the Demon's Souls remastered, for whatever reason.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1602 on: November 19, 2020, 03:52:37 AM »
I mostly want one cause I never got a PS4 Pro. Still got like 40 games in my PS4 backlog.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1603 on: November 19, 2020, 07:44:32 AM »
Got lucky today, I was able to order a PS 5. Will be here before christmas. Every site was getting hammered but good old Otto Versand (shout out to my fellow German Borians) came through.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1604 on: November 19, 2020, 08:13:08 AM »
I also got another order in that should be here 10 december.

archnemesis

« Reply #1605 on: November 19, 2020, 09:25:21 AM »
My PS5 is also scheduled for December. That's good enough for me. Now I have to consider if I need a new TV.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1606 on: November 19, 2020, 09:42:21 AM »
Got lucky today, I was able to order a PS 5. Will be here before christmas. Every site was getting hammered but good old Otto Versand (shout out to my fellow German Borians) came through.
Way back when, my mom bought my PlayStation from them, inadvertently dooming me. :winning

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1607 on: November 19, 2020, 03:15:11 PM »
Woo hoo!! It came in. The friggin Amazon box is insanely beat up but the ps5 box doesn’t look too bad.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1608 on: November 19, 2020, 03:32:25 PM »

Proshop or coolshop? Tried it there as well :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1609 on: November 19, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »
Gamestop currently has PS5 bundles for sale.  Online-only.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1610 on: November 19, 2020, 04:28:53 PM »
Tried out PSVR on PS5.

Blood & Truth looks A LOT better. Like it was actually pretty fine & playable coming from Valve Index. Yeah it's lower resolution, but it's not like pixelated low res gross and runs smooth. The higher resolution makes a huge difference and the higher stable framerate is nice. Wish more PSVR games had gotten updated.

That said when I exited PSVR the PS5 OS was running like 20 fps struggling which was kinda scary? I shut off the system and turned it back on and it was back to normal, PSVR may be a bit wacky.

If you still have your PS4 Pro hooked up, no reason to play PSVR on PS5 unless you're going to play Blood & Truth or Firewall which are the only two that got updates I think.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #1611 on: November 19, 2020, 06:16:22 PM »
Never in my life have I had to work to spend $500  :birdman

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1612 on: November 19, 2020, 07:40:07 PM »
Tried out PSVR on PS5.

Blood & Truth looks A LOT better. Like it was actually pretty fine & playable coming from Valve Index. Yeah it's lower resolution, but it's not like pixelated low res gross and runs smooth. The higher resolution makes a huge difference and the higher stable framerate is nice. Wish more PSVR games had gotten updated.

That said when I exited PSVR the PS5 OS was running like 20 fps struggling which was kinda scary? I shut off the system and turned it back on and it was back to normal, PSVR may be a bit wacky.

If you still have your PS4 Pro hooked up, no reason to play PSVR on PS5 unless you're going to play Blood & Truth or Firewall which are the only two that got updates I think.
It seems like the future of VR other than the Valve Index is stand-alone devices like the Oculus Quest. Not sure if they're going to bark up the VR tree again as it sorta split development resources.
Move was only a one generation thing after all.
🤴

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #1613 on: November 19, 2020, 08:26:00 PM »
Spider-Man remastered keeps crashing ;_______;

naff

« Reply #1614 on: November 19, 2020, 09:04:36 PM »
i had constant crashing with demon's souls. deleted and reinstalled it and i haven't had one crash since  :doge
◕‿◕

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1615 on: November 19, 2020, 09:14:30 PM »
a friend of mine couldnt get past the character creator, due to it hard crashing. also reinstalled. still didnt work. got past the character creator by just pressing X really quickly through it. thought it was 'fixed'. then it crashed again  .

astrobot worked fine though. but cant get demons souls to work at all. consoles are full 90's pc's

Proshop or coolshop? Tried it there as well :lol

BR of all places. are you danish? it's an old kids toy store that went bankrupt a few years ago, but their online shopping still up at least

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1616 on: November 19, 2020, 10:02:50 PM »
Miles Morales is pretty damn fun and gorgeous for being so open.

But half the time when I’m running the streets, I get an alert that is crime is taking place but nothing indicating where. Like 1/5 times I see the red exclamation of where it actually is. Not sure if it’s a bug or the actual design. But anyhoo, it’s fun as hell to hop on top of a car and yank the drive out with web and then stop the car.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1617 on: November 19, 2020, 10:18:13 PM »
Someone was returning a digital only PS5 at Target while I was at guest services returning a game. The team leader looked at the person and asked: “Are you sure you want to return this?!” Meanwhile one of Targets COVID sanitation workers looked on desperately holding back emotions because they had their hearts set on getting one but couldn’t afford it. The person returned it and the team leader had a Target lp cop take it to the electronics area for lock up. I get back there after exchanging out a game and there’s the Team leader with the PS5 buying it. I’m like fuck that shit! But then (and this got me) they called over the sanitation member and gifted them the PS5 and told them that they would be getting thanksgiving off so they can enjoy it. For all the shit they’ve been putting up with people during these times they deserve so much more respect and kindness.

I cried, it was super emotional up in the Target tonight y’all! Even the LP dude was choking up.

Bebpo

« Reply #1618 on: November 19, 2020, 11:02:15 PM »
Feel good story of the thread!

i had constant crashing with demon's souls. deleted and reinstalled it and i haven't had one crash since  :doge

I had one crash in the Nexus and that was it in DS luckily.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1619 on: November 19, 2020, 11:46:37 PM »
I was not expecting that tonight when dumping COD off for Demon Souls. Finding the games for these new systems in store has been almost a similar affair to the consoles themselves and getting them. I’ve been looking all over for Demon Souls at Target.