Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 189737 times)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #1680 on: November 23, 2020, 07:17:53 PM »
:miyamoto
Margs

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #1681 on: November 23, 2020, 08:07:57 PM »
Had some weird issues with mine with copying games that actually don’t copy and some other weird OS bugs.

Reading I may need to reformat the drive is pretty shit considering I’ve only had it since Thursday...

Oh and also the downloading of PS4 games instead of PS5 then locking it to last gen is like ???

Everyone laughed about smart delivery but I wish Sony had something similar.

The controller is cool, but I’m hardly impressed with just how beta testing this feels.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1682 on: November 23, 2020, 09:59:14 PM »
I think we made fun of Smart Delivery because we assumed that Sony would do the same thing and it was a gimme. Um nope, there's a clear disconnect between PS4/PS5 content as compared to XSX, where everything is kinda mashed together on the stores (but it's harder to find XSX exclusive/enhanced content). Might be the case of the left hand not talking to the right on the Sony side, idk

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1683 on: November 24, 2020, 03:03:25 AM »
I’m guessing one of the main reasons ps5 doesn’t have proper smart delivery is cos they’re planning on selling an enhanced version of last of us 2 next year knowing it will sell :success
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #1684 on: November 24, 2020, 07:21:43 AM »
I’m guessing one of the main reasons ps5 doesn’t have proper smart delivery is cos they’re planning on selling an enhanced version of last of us 2 next year knowing it will sell :success
Same with Bloodborne and Horizon....  the only games I really wanted BC for.  :goty

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #1685 on: November 24, 2020, 07:26:37 AM »
bloodborne is apart of the ps4 package and does run better on PS5 than it does on PS4 at least. Doubt Horizon will be remade for PS5 as the new one seems to be PS4/5 cross gen lol

Svejk

« Reply #1686 on: November 24, 2020, 08:15:22 AM »
bloodborne is apart of the ps4 package and does run better on PS5 than it does on PS4 at least. Doubt Horizon will be remade for PS5 as the new one seems to be PS4/5 cross gen lol
Both are still locked at 30fps which I find utterly unacceptable now.  :snob

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #1687 on: November 24, 2020, 08:18:49 AM »
I'm really hoping for a Horizon 1 patch when 2 gets close to release. The pro version looked awesome and I'd definitely replay it at 60 fps.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1688 on: November 24, 2020, 10:47:01 AM »
How does it run better? Genuine quesiton because the PS4PRO with boost mode already smoothed out those frame drops it had, but didn't do shit for the awful framepacing.
So i don't see how more raw power, without someone going in with their hands on the code, can actually help in any way?

paprikastaude

« Reply #1689 on: November 24, 2020, 12:07:24 PM »
going FPS nazi on Bloodborne :snore

naturally reduced load times :drool

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1690 on: November 24, 2020, 12:12:58 PM »
How does it run better? Genuine quesiton because the PS4PRO with boost mode already smoothed out those frame drops it had, but didn't do shit for the awful framepacing.
So i don't see how more raw power, without someone going in with their hands on the code, can actually help in any way?

I still remember how loud the fan would get when you go into the map screen for Horizon, PS4 Pro sounded like it was preparing to take off for a sortie against some Russian MIGS.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1691 on: November 24, 2020, 12:21:13 PM »

The stutters are garbage
What

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1692 on: November 24, 2020, 04:38:22 PM »
have a feeling they will go back and at least uncap some first party stuff.  :doge

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1693 on: November 24, 2020, 04:47:27 PM »
tried a session in demon's in "cinematic mode" aka 30fps jank and there's a lot of stutter there too. i am old and can barely tell the difference in image quality between performance and cinematic, but the motion is night and day. took some screens and you can see the surface detail/resolution is a little sharper, fog effects and lighting are more detailed but in action i would never notice.
◕‿◕

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #1694 on: November 24, 2020, 05:25:15 PM »

FPS nazis run their 1080p 240hz monitors at 75% resolution scale and drop to goldeneye tier settings so they don't drop frames.

60fps ain't that. it's a nice, attainable standard that remains fluid while still having a generous 16ms frametime.

anything below that and you might aswell save yourself $498 and get a viewmaster from a charity shop.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1695 on: November 24, 2020, 06:24:39 PM »
All about those buttery smooth framerates.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1696 on: November 24, 2020, 07:57:35 PM »

Wanting them to fix the sub 30fps with dogshit framepacing isn't nazi tho.
Meanwhile they get 60fps 4k patch for Days Gone.  :comeon

Sony'll put RT on Knack before they touch BB in any way, for whatever reason...

Let's Cyber

« Reply #1697 on: November 24, 2020, 08:05:04 PM »
I was sure they'd do something for bloodborne, especially since it is part of the PS+ collection.

Maybe Sony really is working on a bigger overhaul and that rumored PC release?  *shrug*

Bebpo

« Reply #1698 on: November 24, 2020, 10:16:08 PM »
So this is weird, if you go to profile and games it will show you your game playtime for every game played for the last ___ years.

This information has never been available on PS3/4. So the fact that is has games you played 2 years ago down to their playtime means it was stat tracking this but just had no way to show you it.

Crazy. I always appreciate this for games that don't have game time listed in-game. Switch a bit and Steam especially are really useful for figuring out how long a game actually was. Now can do that on Playstation as well.

Svejk

« Reply #1699 on: November 25, 2020, 08:46:41 AM »
Warframe gets it's PS5 patch tomorrow.

paprikastaude

« Reply #1700 on: November 25, 2020, 11:05:19 AM »
So this is weird, if you go to profile and games it will show you your game playtime for every game played for the last ___ years.

This information has never been available on PS3/4. So the fact that is has games you played 2 years ago down to their playtime means it was stat tracking this but just had no way to show you it.

Crazy. I always appreciate this for games that don't have game time listed in-game. Switch a bit and Steam especially are really useful for figuring out how long a game actually was. Now can do that on Playstation as well.

Sometimes Sony would provide your most played games at the end of a year. No idea why they just didn't do it normally.

BIONIC

« Reply #1701 on: November 25, 2020, 11:45:17 AM »

Sometimes Sony would provide your most played games at the end of a year. No idea why they just didn't do it normally.

They didn’t want us to feel bad about being lifeless losers.
Margs

paprikastaude

« Reply #1702 on: November 25, 2020, 12:02:32 PM »
It's true :trumps Watching my 3DS log could be pretty depressing. But so is writing a thousand posts for the 'just finished' thread, so just give me the numbers.

naff

« Reply #1703 on: November 25, 2020, 04:40:45 PM »
on steam i often feel a little bad because it clarifies how little time i put into games before dropping them. even when i really dig them i often complete one run on medium difficulty and am done with it as fast as possible.
◕‿◕

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1704 on: November 25, 2020, 04:42:43 PM »
at least you complete them  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1705 on: November 25, 2020, 05:28:55 PM »
They make me question my understanding of time in the universe.

Like I play Astro's for 3 full nights all night long and it says game time 2 hours? Da fuck?

Bebpo

« Reply #1706 on: November 25, 2020, 05:33:20 PM »
Also AC Valhalla getting a patch tomorrow for 30fps 4k graphics fidelity mode and 60fps dynamic res mode (hopefully without tearing now on the latter).

My only concern is the PS5 version is like 60fps 99.9 of the time outside cutscenes with the current resolution/graphics enabled and is totally fine. I have a feeling the res/gfx are going to take a noticeable hit in performance mode to lock the 60fps in and get rid of the tearing.

I might just play it at 30fps. I'll try both and see.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1707 on: November 25, 2020, 05:49:38 PM »
...my only concern is that you paid money for and are playing an AC game, plz do not
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #1708 on: November 25, 2020, 06:08:36 PM »
...my only concern is that you paid money for and are playing an AC game, plz do not

I'd like this snarky comment except that AC games are fun and harmless popcorn entertainment.

Like there are truly bad franchises out there, but AC while being same-y collect-a-thons with very iffy takes on historical fiction are all pretty fine popcorn entertainment games. Some people like their musou, some people like their AC, it's all comfort gaming.

Bebpo

« Reply #1709 on: November 25, 2020, 06:10:59 PM »
Also the Valhalla soundtrack is A+ from what I've heard and automatically makes it a worthwhile AC game. Jesper Kyd put in the weight on this.

naff

« Reply #1710 on: November 25, 2020, 09:22:07 PM »
god of war runs at 60 fps in 4K!*

*only if you run the unpatched version off a disc  :goty2
◕‿◕

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #1711 on: November 25, 2020, 10:45:25 PM »
Yeah, I've been thinking about playing through it again, really hoping they put out an update for it

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1712 on: November 25, 2020, 11:30:07 PM »
on steam i often feel a little bad because it clarifies how little time i put into games before dropping them. even when i really dig them i often complete one run on medium difficulty and am done with it as fast as possible.
haha yeah that's why we all feel bad about our steam libraries haha

yeah... haha... yeah

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #1713 on: November 26, 2020, 01:02:52 AM »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1714 on: November 26, 2020, 02:33:11 AM »
omg the PS3, im dying

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1715 on: November 26, 2020, 05:09:31 AM »
“You need to shut up, that’s why you there.”  :dead

The interstellar music.   :dead :dead

Ghoul

« Reply #1716 on: November 26, 2020, 05:34:50 AM »

That makes no sense, why would you patch it to play worse?

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1717 on: November 26, 2020, 07:21:57 AM »
So they can sell you a remaster that plays at full 4K 60 in the future :success
(ice)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1718 on: November 26, 2020, 07:46:32 AM »
The Last Guardian does the same thing.

BIONIC

« Reply #1719 on: November 26, 2020, 08:24:03 AM »

That makes no sense, why would you patch it to play worse?

Because autistys don't like unlocked framerates.
Margs

paprikastaude

« Reply #1720 on: November 26, 2020, 08:54:37 AM »
buying singleplayer games digitally :juicy you get what you deserve.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 09:05:48 AM by Spieler1 »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1721 on: November 26, 2020, 11:39:25 AM »
With vrr becoming more of a standard, fps caps will hopefully die off.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1722 on: November 26, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »
The Last Guardian does the same thing.

I thought TLG was uncapped  :goty2

Bebpo

« Reply #1723 on: November 26, 2020, 03:28:33 PM »
AC:V's patch today seems to resolve most of the screen tearing on both PS5 and Xbox Series X in 60fps mode. I still get some flying in the sky with the hawk, but on-foot not getting any even in big cities. Also doesn't look any worse than before from what I can tell though I'm sure resolution and some stuff got nerfed a bit.

30fps mode runs pretty choppy 30fps and has a littttle bit sharper/higher level of detail on 1080p. At 4k I'd imagine the difference is more stark with 30fps being native 4k. It's playable though in 30fps though, but I'll probably stick to 30fps.

Also annoyingly enough you have to reload the game entirely each time you switch which is a good 20 seconds or so.

30fps:

60fps:

Different time of day/lighting though. But 30fps is definitely sharper and slightly more detailed. Probably has better draw distance/LoD too.

naff

« Reply #1724 on: November 26, 2020, 06:07:52 PM »
started playing borderlands 3 and yeah, the adaptive triggers are pretty neat but i only played a very small part of the intro so far.

jumped into astro bot to claim the final achievement for platinum (keep em uppies) where as the spring machine you have to juggle a beach ball 5 times. the trigger haptics are pretty intense in this machine and halfway through jumping around the gears inside my controller start making a really jarring "B rrrrrr r r r rrrrr" noise almost like gears grinding when depressing the triggers. thought this might end up happening, the adaptive trigger force is so intense it must put a lot of pressure on the internal components.

in borderlands 3 with the starting pistol it feels like you're almost going to snap something before the trigger pulls. felt really cool once i got used to it, but it's quite intense/strange.
◕‿◕

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1725 on: November 27, 2020, 06:35:13 AM »
Damn, Youtube providing the vids I find important.

Greedfall is also getting a next-gen update.

Svejk

« Reply #1726 on: November 27, 2020, 05:39:32 PM »
Warframe patch.  :delicious

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1727 on: November 27, 2020, 08:08:16 PM »
Well back to the start. Best Buy says order is delayed with possibility of it being canceled. Thanks for letting me know I guess.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #1728 on: November 28, 2020, 07:47:14 AM »
Greedfall is also getting a next-gen update.
I so badly wanted to love that game but it was just so damn bland.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1729 on: November 28, 2020, 07:54:01 AM »
It's a randy shitford product what did you guys expect  :lol
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1730 on: November 28, 2020, 07:58:15 AM »

Isnt that Godfall and also they just published that
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1731 on: November 28, 2020, 08:04:20 AM »

Isnt that Godfall and also they just published that
ah yeah, I mixed them up.

Greedfall would've been a more apt name though
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #1732 on: November 28, 2020, 12:44:02 PM »
Wow.. Had no initial interest in Days Gone, but decided to give it a try last night.  Game looks rather impressive at 4K 60fps.  :o
Even though I'm not in a zombiish mood, I may jump back into this again when the mood strikes me. 

Tried N-sane Trilogy...  Still locked at 30fps for a 3D platformer??...
GTFOH with that shit.   :camby

Bebpo

« Reply #1733 on: November 28, 2020, 02:11:42 PM »
Yeah I'm gonna get back to it after Legion, and Valhalla...and Ghosts...

I'm good on open world games for a while...

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1734 on: November 28, 2020, 04:32:59 PM »
I’m excited for what they might be able to do mechanically for the Days Gone sequel on PS5, particularly the size and dynamism of hordes.  Hopefully they don’t phone it in.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1735 on: November 28, 2020, 04:51:10 PM »
I'd want them to go back to their roots.

Bubsy 3D 2!

Bebpo

« Reply #1736 on: November 30, 2020, 09:28:11 PM »
So I just discovered the Game Help feature.

This has the potential to be cool, but I have a feeling it's gonna be even less used than Activity Cards. Basically if you're like me and are like "wtf is Game Help", if you have PS+ then when you're in a level/mission and you hit the PS button and bring up the activity card, if the card has a PS+ lightbulb on it then if you click on the card you can watch videos for various things.

Basically an in-game wiki so you don't have to get up and go to google and wiki it.

But like in Sackboy, a game I've been wiki-ing a bit to try to find all the collectible items each stage, it will show you which collectible dreamer orbs you're missing in the level you're in and you can watch a short clip showing how to get it, but for costume part orbs, which are also collectibles, it just tells you what costume orb pieces you're missing but there's no videos. So you still need to get up and wiki it, which is less useful.

Also no video guides for beating levels with gold scores and without dying. You'd think they'd include a video walkthrough for each level or something.

And no videos in any game I can see for like trophy stuff. Which is what would be useful to click on a trophy and see a video how to get it. I mean I get that kind of crosses the line to what is the point of trophies if you can just watch a video on how to get them, but the reality is a lot of trophies are bullshit hidden stuff you have to wiki anyhow.

At least now I know this thing exists, so next time I'm gonna wiki something I'll pull up the activity card and see if it has the solution.

Like if Demon's Souls activity card for a stage had a list of equipment/rings/weapons in a stage and you could click on one and pull up a video on where to find it in the level...that would be really cool imo.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1737 on: December 01, 2020, 02:22:51 AM »
Has Days Gone ever been on PS Plus?

I'd want them to go back to their roots.

Bubsy 3D 2!
:lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1738 on: December 01, 2020, 02:45:35 AM »
Nope, just PS5 PS+ collection

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1739 on: December 04, 2020, 07:48:33 AM »
Managed to order one. Can't wait to start cleaning up my PS4 backlog. Stopped playing a bunch of games that'll run at 60 fps now.